PDA

View Full Version : college recruit's dubious decision making process

Gort
02-02-2012, 07:55 AM
wow. just wow... and just think that he's going to get a FREE college education while so many others have to take out loans or work their way through school. college ain't what it used to be, i guess.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/cassanova-mckinzy-spurned-clemson-because-didn-t-chick-015506961.html

RhymesayersDU
02-02-2012, 07:56 AM
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

BroncoBeavis
02-02-2012, 07:57 AM
wow. just wow... and just think that he's going to get a FREE college education while so many others have to take out loans or work their way through school. college ain't what it used to be, i guess.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/cassanova-mckinzy-spurned-clemson-because-didn-t-chick-015506961.html

Folks. Never name your kid Casanova. That is all.

BroncoBeavis

Gort
02-02-2012, 07:58 AM
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_q2OfA7Firz0/TCEm-NFJ7yI/AAAAAAAAAAM/2JWrc8Jb66s/S1600-R/get+off+my+lawn.jpg

Beantown Bronco
02-02-2012, 07:59 AM
It was a joke. Sometimes hard to tell in print, but the video makes it clear.

Gort
02-02-2012, 08:09 AM
It was a joke. Sometimes hard to tell in print, but the video makes it clear.

"what is this mysterious "video" of which you speak? is that anything like the equally perplexing pass play?" - Mike McCoy

Chris
02-02-2012, 08:13 AM
I am naming my first child Casanova Plantain

houghtam
02-02-2012, 08:33 AM
Clearly the OP has never been to Chik-fil-a, methinks? Perfectly legit reason to choose another school, IMO. LOL

BroncoBen
02-02-2012, 09:17 AM
I love it... hey if you are an Athlete-Student, I don't think it matters to him what school he attends. You know he is wanted by the top 15 schools for his football skills, so something like this may matter to him.

BroncoBeavis
02-02-2012, 09:23 AM
Clearly the OP has never been to Chik-fil-a, methinks? Perfectly legit reason to choose another school, IMO. LOL

Only time I've had it was in an airport. Completely unimpressed. But it was probably the whole being in an airport thing.

Gort
02-02-2012, 09:29 AM

i had a Chik-Fil-A sammich back in 1983. at the Columbia Mall. true story.

houghtam
02-02-2012, 09:44 AM
Only time I've had it was in an airport. Completely unimpressed. But it was probably the whole being in an airport thing.

Yeah it's probably the airport thing. Honestly the reason I go there is because it's just about the only fast food place you can go where you're practically guaranteed great service. The food is well above average (read: fantastic as far as fast food goes), but I like it when people greet you when you walk in. I like it when there's someone standing AT the register when you walk in, and if there's someone already there in line, usually a manager will open up another register. I also like it when they say "my pleasure" instead of "you're welcome".

When I ran my theater, I always made it a point to automatically give an interview to anyone who had Chik-fil-a on their application. They always seem to hire the right people.

/end rant

broncocalijohn
02-02-2012, 09:53 AM
I think Mr. Cassanova McKinzy (he must be a Momma's Boy with a first name like that) is hooking himself up in 3 years when he turns pro and his first endorsement will be Chick -Fil-A. Anyone else think he will be getting Chick Fil A food thrown at him the first time he plays Clemson?

That One Guy
02-02-2012, 10:05 AM
I tried Chick-fil-a on the Louisville campus because everyone was always getting a stiffy when it was mentioned and wasn't very impressed. I don't get it, I guess.

Beantown Bronco
02-02-2012, 10:11 AM
I wonder what these guys eat on Sundays.

ludo21
02-02-2012, 10:18 AM
LOVE ME some chik fil a.

No better reason to leave a school

Gort
02-02-2012, 10:22 AM
I wonder what these guys eat on Sundays.

???

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--qoelZVIMWM/TZdx0AZGpSI/AAAAAAAAAPU/7HATQwbBs0g/s1600/Images+for+ice+cream+sundae+5.JPG

BroncoBeavis
02-02-2012, 10:24 AM
Yeah it's probably the airport thing. Honestly the reason I go there is because it's just about the only fast food place you can go where you're practically guaranteed great service. The food is well above average (read: fantastic as far as fast food goes), but I like it when people greet you when you walk in. I like it when there's someone standing AT the register when you walk in, and if there's someone already there in line, usually a manager will open up another register. I also like it when they say "my pleasure" instead of "you're welcome".

When I ran my theater, I always made it a point to automatically give an interview to anyone who had Chik-fil-a on their application. They always seem to hire the right people.

/end rant

Probably half the airport thing, and half me being red-meat first. If given the choice I'll skip chicken 99% of the time. Unless we're talkin BBQ.

Beantown Bronco
02-02-2012, 10:25 AM
???

All Chick Fil A restaurants are closed on Sundays.

houghtam
02-02-2012, 11:02 AM
Probably half the airport thing, and half me being red-meat first. If given the choice I'll skip chicken 99% of the time. Unless we're talkin BBQ.

I used to be the same way (and now I am again, since I think the closest Chik-fil-a is 2 hours away) until I moved down south. When I lived in Baton Rouge, between Chik-fil-a and Raising Cane's, I probably ate chicken 5 nights a week.

Now, when I was in Atlanta the choice was a little more difficult, since we lived 10 minutes from a Ted's Montana Grill. You haven't had red meat until you've had a 21 oz. buffalo steak!

Edit: Damn you! Thanks for reminding me! Now I'm daydreaming of Ted's when I should be doing the dishes! God, that place is so unhealthy. They even soak their croutons in bacon grease, you know.

Gort
02-02-2012, 11:04 AM
All Chick Fil A restaurants are closed on Sundays.

i know. i got it. i was making a pun. by showing what's "on Sundaes" since you asked what they eat "on Sundays".

Spider
02-02-2012, 11:09 AM

hmmmmmmmmmm Maybe you are not that bad of a person ..........Love me red meat , dont really like chicken

WolfpackGuy
02-02-2012, 11:11 AM
The guy obviously doesn't have good taste in yard bird.

Go to Bojangles' if you want some chicken.

I know they have one of those in Clemson.

Jay3
02-02-2012, 11:13 AM
The huge irony is that he went to Auburn. I've been to both schools, and there has never been another pair of schools that are so similar in every way. They're like clones of each other.

TheReverend
02-02-2012, 11:14 AM
Now THIS is racist lol

houghtam
02-02-2012, 11:28 AM
Now THIS is racist lol

It's not official until we have the gif.

:rofl:

BroncoBeavis
02-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Now, when I was in Atlanta the choice was a little more difficult, since we lived 10 minutes from a Ted's Montana Grill. You haven't had red meat until you've had a 21 oz. buffalo steak!

Trust me, where I live I've had plenty of buffalo. I usually like it, but the choicer cuts are too lean for my taste. The ribeye's my favorite cut though, when I'm not smoking a fat brisket (insert joke here)

As you can tell I tend to like the super-healthy fatty-red-meats. Put that alongside a Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout and a potato in some form and I'm in heaven. :)

Jay3
02-02-2012, 12:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/LBDKw.gif

houghtam
02-02-2012, 12:25 PM

Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

houghtam
02-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Trust me, where I live I've had plenty of buffalo. I usually like it, but the choicer cuts are too lean for my taste. The ribeye's my favorite cut though, when I'm not smoking a fat brisket (insert joke here)

As you can tell I tend to like the super-healthy fatty-red-meats. Put that alongside a Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout and a potato in some form and I'm in heaven. :)

Meh, I don't pay much attention to my diet one way or the other. As long as you eat in moderation and stay active, you'll be fine, barring some catastrophic medical condition.

Of course, I don't really practice what I preach, either. Since I stopped working I've gained about 15 pounds in 3 months. Wooooooo!

BroncoBeavis
02-02-2012, 12:34 PM

That is awesome. Photoshoppers are standing by.