PDA

View Full Version : Odd admission from Chad Johnson

Gort
02-01-2012, 11:18 AM
he seems to finally be growing up a bit. i never put him in the same "complete douchtard" category as TO and Randy Moss, so i'm glad to see the guy is finally understanding that not everything is "always about him".

It makes sense that Ochocinco doesnít quite know how to feel. His performance this season has been pretty much inconsequential. He was limited to only 15 catches for 276 yards and one touchdown. The fact that he didnít play in the AFC championship game was not a controversy in any way.

...irrelevant portion deleted here...

ďThe old me would have probably blown up in Week 4,Ē said Ochocinco, who had rubbed coaches and teammates the wrong way with his antics in Cincinnati. ďI didnít because thatís what everybody expected of me. I knew that people didnít think I was going to last. I did it because I want to be part of this. I wasnít going to spoil that.Ē

Yes, Ochocinco has been a responsible teammate. The moody behavior in meetings, the look-at-me stunts and general histrionics are gone. Can it really be that Ochocinco is a mature human being?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cole_chad_ochocinco_father_super_bowl_013112

DomCasual
02-01-2012, 11:23 AM
Who is this Chad Johnson of which you speak?

BroncoBuff
02-01-2012, 11:24 AM
I've always defended Chad ... he's always got a bad rap.

Even that article, "rubbed coaches and teammates the wrong way with his antics." That's not entirely correct ... I recall his teammates liked and respected him more than he was given credit for.

Gort
02-01-2012, 11:25 AM

i refuse to call Bombay, Mumbai
i refuse to call Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City
i refuse to call Chad Johnson, Ochocinco

Gort
02-01-2012, 11:28 AM
I've always defended Chad ... he's always got a bad rap.

Even that article, "rubbed coaches and teammates the wrong way with his antics." That's not entirely correct ... I recall his teammates liked and respected him more than he was given credit for.

he pouted as i recall, and that rubs everybody wrong.

i generally agree. Chad Johnson is not a sour "me first, everbody else second" kind of guy (see TO, Randy Moss). he's more of a "hey, everybody look at me, i'm having fun! please everybody look at me!!". they both can come across the same way in the media, but i never thought Chad's antics were all about self-promotion.

Houshyamama
02-01-2012, 11:39 AM

Even old New York was once New Amsterdam
Why they changed it I can't say
People just liked it better that way

LRtagger
02-01-2012, 11:39 AM
It's probably less growing up and more of a realization that he sucks now and he has no leverage against his bosses.

bronco militia
02-01-2012, 11:41 AM
will he even suit up this weekend?

DomCasual
02-01-2012, 11:48 AM

In the morning,
laughing happy fish heads!
In the evening,
floating in the soup!

Broncomutt
02-01-2012, 11:53 AM
He caught a TD this year? You mean there's a CB out there that sucks worse than Goodman?

ludo21
02-01-2012, 11:53 AM
damn that ONE Touchdown

ugh

enjolras
02-01-2012, 11:58 AM
*sighs*

WTF is it about the Patriots where they can get these people under control (if even for awhile)? Tom Brady has to be the strongest leader in the whole league.

Gort
02-01-2012, 12:17 PM
*sighs*

WTF is it about the Patriots where they can get these people under control (if even for awhile)? Tom Brady has to be the strongest leader in the whole league.

isn't it obvious?

this is NE's 5th SB in 11 years.

if you want to get a ring, go to NE for a couple of years, shut up and do as you're told... otherwise you get booted and don't get a ring.

not sure which was a more evil dynasty... the Raiders of the 60's/70's, the Steelers of the 70's, or the Patsies of the 2000's.

bfoflcommish
02-01-2012, 12:23 PM
He caught a TD this year? You mean there's a CB out there that sucks worse than Goodman?

you do realize his TD was against us right?

Captain 'Dre
02-01-2012, 01:29 PM

Why is it that you don't refuse to call Peking, 'Beijing'? :)

Captain 'Dre
02-01-2012, 01:32 PM
*sighs*

What makes you think it's Tom Brady? I mean... it might be, but I suspect it's Bellichick.

Doggcow
02-01-2012, 01:32 PM
He will do a lot of talking if they win. Like he was even relevant to the season NE had or something.

Captain 'Dre
02-01-2012, 01:34 PM

There wasn't enough weed or hookers there at the time to justify having 'Amsterdam' in the name. :sunshine:

kamakazi_kal
02-01-2012, 02:03 PM
so he grew up when his phyical gifts began failing him ........ say hi to Terrell and Randy in the unemployment line Ocho.

kamakazi_kal
02-01-2012, 02:04 PM

orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr istanbul was constantanople

Chris
02-01-2012, 02:27 PM

I refuse to call Rangoon Myanmar
I refuse to call Istanbul Constantinople
I refuse to call Londonium London
I refuse to call Alex Arquette Alexis Arquette

BigPlayShay
02-01-2012, 02:36 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5_PhFBbBiqSxdSHRNkhLBUW8eQTSVk XM_JL9I1w7ZSdAnEyy1

"If a man wants to be called Muhammed Ali..."

errand
02-01-2012, 03:57 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5_PhFBbBiqSxdSHRNkhLBUW8eQTSVk XM_JL9I1w7ZSdAnEyy1

"If a man wants to be called Muhammed Ali..."

his momma called him Clay ....I'm gonna call him Clay.

Agamemnon
02-01-2012, 04:33 PM

You do realize that Bombay was never that city's proper name right? It was just an anglicized version of the Portuguese name for the city. That city actually has a lot of different names.

g00fyfoot
02-01-2012, 04:34 PM
wonder if he still eats mcdonalds every meal or is that also part of the maturation process

UberBroncoMan
02-01-2012, 05:36 PM

I don't know about you but I still call it New Am. Or, The Dam.

KipCorrington25
02-01-2012, 07:05 PM
These bad character guys can hide it for a while but he'll start bitching and being a douche soon enough... these guys never change.