PDA

View Full Version : Greg Kanpp is Chokeland's New Offensive Coordinator.

Bronco Rob
01-31-2012, 08:59 AM
Texans' Knapp accepts offer to become Raiders OC

By Jason La Canfora NFL Network

Houston Texans offensive coordinator Greg Knapp has agreed to take the same position with the Oakland Raiders, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Knapp served as the Raiders' offensive coordinator from 2007 to 2008.

He also worked with newly hired Raiders coach Dennis Allen from 2004 to 2005 as the Atlanta Falcons' offensive coordinator.

In 2011, Knapp helped the Texans finish with the 13th ranked offense in the NFL despite a rash of injuries and the insertion of rookie quarterback T.J. Yates into the starting lineup.

Allen said in his introductory press conference Monday that he was still in the process of assembling a full staff.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82678765/article/texans-knapp-accepts-offer-to-become-raiders-oc?module=HP11_headline_stack

Chris
01-31-2012, 09:02 AM
I'm still unclear as to how we were able to block him interviewing Richard Smith for a promotion?

Bronco Rob
01-31-2012, 09:06 AM
http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakland-raiders-forum-message-board/187181-official-greg-knapp-our-oc.html

Hilarious!

The Joker
01-31-2012, 09:12 AM
Was he calling plays in Houston?

Makes sense for him to move if not, I guess. With Allen being a defensive guy he'll likely get free reign on offense, in Houston it Kubes' show really.

Seems a more intelligent hire than Studesville would have been anyway.

Bronco Rob
01-31-2012, 09:15 AM
Was he calling plays in Houston?

Makes sense for him to move if not, I guess. With Allen being a defensive guy he'll likely get free reign on offense, in Houston it Kubes' show really.

Seems a more intelligent hire than Studesville would have been anyway.

Too bad there is no Matt schaub, Arian Foster, and Andre Johnson in oakland.

:thumbs:

TheReverend
01-31-2012, 09:15 AM
Not sure how I feel about this :/

vancejohnson82
01-31-2012, 09:20 AM
interesting....good hire I think, unfortunately

AFC West is undergoing a makeover....except in San Diego, who I think could have used some sort of a jolt

bronco militia
01-31-2012, 09:24 AM
it's a good hire...dammit

Requiem
01-31-2012, 09:26 AM
Greg's a knappy headed h o.

LRtagger
01-31-2012, 09:28 AM
I'm still unclear as to how we were able to block him interviewing Richard Smith for a promotion?

The only move a team cant block is an interview for head coach. The rule only differentiates between head coach and assistant. A move from position coach to coordinator can be blocked, but typically teams do not hold an employee back from interviewing for a promotion elsewhere.

My guess is Smith didnt want to leave.

NFL RULES ON ASSISTANT COACHES INTERVIEWING WITH OTHER TEAMS

Promotions

The NFL does not differentiate between levels of assistant coaches in its rules regarding their availability to interview with other teams. Whether the coach is a defensive line coach or an offensive coordinator, the rules are the same. If a team wishes to interview an assistant coach who is still under contract with another team for its head coaching position, the current team is required to give permission for the interview as long as it happens between the end of the team's season and March 1. After March 1, teams can still ask, but the current team is not obligated to give permission.

Read more: NFL Rules for Interviewing Assistant Coaches | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_6742856_nfl...#ixzz1kb7qfvYP

Lateral Move

An NFL team cannot interview an assistant coach who is under contract as an assistant with another team for the following season without the permission of his current organization. Teams will usually give permission upon request, particularly if a lower level coach is set to take an offensive or defensive coordinator position elsewhere, but the current team is not required to give permission.

Read more: NFL Rules for Interviewing Assistant Coaches | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_6742856_nfl...#ixzz1kb86rVM4

Broncos_OTM
01-31-2012, 05:15 PM
If he didnt want the interview. He could should have said it. As much as I woukd like to keep the staff intact the guy should be able to if he wants to

elsid13
01-31-2012, 05:19 PM
Texans' Knapp accepts offer to become Raiders OC

By Jason La Canfora NFL Network

Houston Texans offensive coordinator Greg Knapp has agreed to take the same position with the Oakland Raiders, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Knapp served as the Raiders' offensive coordinator from 2007 to 2008.

He also worked with newly hired Raiders coach Dennis Allen from 2004 to 2005 as the Atlanta Falcons' offensive coordinator.

In 2011, Knapp helped the Texans finish with the 13th ranked offense in the NFL despite a rash of injuries and the insertion of rookie quarterback T.J. Yates into the starting lineup.

Allen said in his introductory press conference Monday that he was still in the process of assembling a full staff.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82678765/article/texans-knapp-accepts-offer-to-become-raiders-oc?module=HP11_headline_stack

Someone should tell Rick Dennison that he got demoted.

Agamemnon
01-31-2012, 09:29 PM
La Canfora is such a tard. Knapp was Houston's QB coach, not their OC. And he was the Raiders' OC a few years back with little success. I'm not worried at all.

It's progressively looking like a staff of newbies and failures over there in Oakland. They're going to crash and burn if you ask me.

Chris
01-31-2012, 10:17 PM
La Canfora is such a tard. Knapp was Houston's QB coach, not their OC. And he was the Raiders' OC a few years back with little success. I'm not worried at all.

It's progressively looking like a staff of newbies and failures over there in Oakland. They're going to crash and burn if you ask me.

I look forward to rooting for their failure in any event. The hiring of allen has really stoked the fire of my raider hate.