PDA

View Full Version : Studesville to Oakland?

campocorto
01-30-2012, 02:58 PM
There are rumblings that Dennis Allen is eyeing Eric Studesville as his offensive coordinator in Oakland.

bendog
01-30-2012, 03:00 PM
I'm ok with that.

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 03:03 PM
Nice to see us hire this guy for a year and then have him run off with our staff.

chickennob2
01-30-2012, 03:07 PM
Nice to see us hire this guy for a year and then have him run off with our staff.

Yeah, how dare that guy earn himself a promotion! And then to offer career advancement opportunities to other people who work for us? Asshole!

bendog
01-30-2012, 03:08 PM

It's not like he got anything out of knowshow, and one reason they brought in McGahee post McDaniels was to show how a pro prepares. Studdsville was part of the Hillis talent eval too. I'm not simply opposed to everyone from that guy's staff, but I'd like to see some success from them, and I think McGahee did it without much coaching help.

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 03:13 PM
It's not like he got anything out of knowshow, and one reason they brought in McGahee post McDaniels was to show how a pro prepares. Studdsville was part of the Hillis talent eval too. I'm not simply opposed to everyone from that guy's staff, but I'd like to see some success from them, and I think McGahee did it without much coaching help.

Studs was the RB coach with McGahee with the Bills. I'm sure that helped in landing him. Studs has had pretty good backs with Lynch, McGahee, and Jackson.

pricejj
01-30-2012, 03:15 PM
If Allen hires a mediocre/first time OC and DC...he is not going to be very successful.

Seems like his tenure is off to a somewhat McDaniels-like trajectory.

TheReverend
01-30-2012, 03:20 PM
lol @ the sheer volume of inexperience mounting in Oakland

That place is going to ****ing explode this year haha

Tim
01-30-2012, 05:21 PM
I like studesville, but if Mckenzie and Allen decide that he is a better fit than Al Saunders then every broncos fan should happy. :rofl:

Swedish Extrovert
01-30-2012, 05:23 PM
Yeah, how dare that guy earn himself a promotion! And then to offer career advancement opportunities to other people who work for us? a-hole!

This could be a good thing... the whole "Denver as a career catapult, attracting quality coaches thing."

Swedish Extrovert
01-30-2012, 05:25 PM
So after Mike McCoy goes to San Diego next year when Tebow goes all-pro... do we bring in Norv as OC?

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-30-2012, 05:29 PM
oh fine go to oakland see if we care .everyone run off to the evil empire. just go leave get you 2 timing whore, i hope oakland give you vd. we will find us a better coach who loves us and isnt some slut who hops in bed with every nfl team out there lol

ColoradoDarin
01-30-2012, 05:33 PM
OH NO! We'd lose a RB coach who got one whole whopping 1,000 yard season in 3 years, and that was mostly thanks to our new OL coach and Tim Tebow.

colorado jones
01-30-2012, 06:31 PM

How would we be able to tell?

Swedish Extrovert
01-30-2012, 06:36 PM
lol @ the sheer volume of inexperience mounting in Oakland

I definitely see Allen not getting enough time to build a team in Oakland. I give him two years, and he'll be back in Denver as secondary coach... and back at DC when Del Rio gets another HC gig.

campocorto
01-30-2012, 06:53 PM
OH NO! We'd lose a RB coach who got one whole whopping 1,000 yard season in 3 years, and that was mostly thanks to our new OL coach and Tim Tebow.

Bobby Turner was the RBs coach in 2009.

BroncoBen
01-30-2012, 07:09 PM
I'm good with this.. have never been too impressed with Studesville.

I miss Bobby Turner... now he was a good running back coach.

broncobum6162
01-30-2012, 08:20 PM
I wish he would take McCoy w/ him...........

Bronco Yoda
01-30-2012, 08:53 PM
LMAO @ OC

Do it Faiders !

Shananahan
01-30-2012, 09:13 PM
I guess I have no real idea if he's actually very good at his job or not based on the last few seasons. You could argue that when he finally had a true quality, albeit over the hill, runningback the guy got results. Due to the sample size of his tenure, the sample size of the talent he had to work with and the sample size of his lack of production, I wouldn't be upset in the least if he left now.

cutthemdown
01-30-2012, 09:32 PM
We can block it if we want. Only for head coach do we have to let him leave right?

Traveler
01-31-2012, 03:23 AM
If true, maybe Fox can get the guy he originally wanted. Jim Skipper.

Agamemnon
01-31-2012, 05:09 AM
And we remain stuck with McCoy. :(

jmz313
01-31-2012, 05:43 AM
We can block it if we want. Only for head coach do we have to let him leave right?

Pretty sure any kind of promotion and he can go... that's why there are so many "assistant head coach/Coordinators" out there

cmhargrove
01-31-2012, 06:02 AM
I have no problem with this, insert "x" at that spot.

It seems like our running backs are pretty much the same as we originally get them, not much change/development in my eyes. Moreno is what Moreno was, McGahee is what McGahee was. Draft or sign the right backs and the point will probably be moot. Great talent always makes coaches look "brilliant."

I am more concerned about the potential switches on the O-line than the RB's coach at this point. I really hope we find a way to get Franklin to LG, and get a new RT. I like Harris, but i'm concerned about his health at this point. He was certainly a better pass blocker than Franklin will ever be, but i'm not sure his body can handle our new run game.

BroncoInferno
01-31-2012, 06:12 AM
Allen is retarded if he does not retain Saunders. He needs some experience on his staff and Saunders is a good coach. Studesville has never been an Xs and Os guy before.

BroncoMan4ever
01-31-2012, 07:33 AM

i seriously doubt Studesville had much say in anything to do with the Hillis evaluation.

BroncoInferno
01-31-2012, 07:54 AM
So, apparently we denied the Raiders permission to interview Richard Smith for their DC job. I thought you couldn't deny an interview if it was a promotion, but apparently it only applies to head coaching jobs. If that is case, then we can block this move if we want to.