PDA

View Full Version : Elway: Broncos are in the QB market

Ratboy
01-30-2012, 02:24 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19849637#ixzz1kyLDbOOC

"We will be in the market to find more quarterbacks,"

"That's our approach with Tim being our starter as we go to training camp, that we'll look at free agency and the draft."

Elway has said that he's looking for "the big athlete who can throw the ball from the pocket."

"Any free agent or anybody that comes in here when we start training camp is going to be competing for jobs."

Gort
01-30-2012, 02:25 PM
wouldn't expect him to say anything else.

the fact is that returning starters should only be #1 on the depth chart going into day #1 of training camp. after that, it's up to the player to prove he belongs there.

the NFL is a meritocracy.

Kaylore
01-30-2012, 02:29 PM
We should go with just Tebow next year or bust! He deserves it and bringing anyone in of any kind of quality in, even for depth, is an affront to his ability and a sign of the front office's lack of faith in him! If they sign or draft any QB for any reason, Tebow should request a trade to a Florida area team, preferably captained by Urban Meyer!

Sincerely,
Gator Fan

ND Bronco Fan
01-30-2012, 02:30 PM
Only 1 qb under contract for next year.....yeah they will be in the market

Tombstone RJ
01-30-2012, 02:30 PM
I like it. Elway is just being honest and he knows what it takes to win in the NFL. I want to see Tebow be that guy, but I'm just not sure if he can be that guy. I want him to be that guy, but I don't know IF he can be that guy.

Ratboy
01-30-2012, 02:33 PM
The most interesting thing is Elway saying he's looking for the big athlete who can throw the ball from the pocket.

Not once has Elway said Tebow will be the starting in Game 1 of the regular season.

He's the starting going into training camp. Well, of course he is! He is the only QB on the roster.

Tebow can lose this position.

TheReverend
01-30-2012, 02:34 PM
Durrrrrrrrrrrrr

How is this news?

TheReverend
01-30-2012, 02:35 PM
We should go with just Tebow next year or bust! He deserves it and bringing anyone in of any kind of quality in, even for depth, is an affront to his ability and a sign of the front office's lack of faith in him! If they sign or draft any QB for any reason, Tebow should request a trade to a Florida area team, preferably captained by Urban Meyer!

Sincerely,
Gator Fan

To be fair, drafting a QB outside of a ridiculous slide is a ridiculous waste of finite resources.

Tombstone RJ
01-30-2012, 02:37 PM
Absolutely Tebow can lose the starting spot. He's simply got to get better at throwing the football. Just get his freaking completion % above 50%. I'm not asking for a 60%+ completion percentage but just get it above 50%, lets say 55-57% completion percentage, about 10 pecentage points higher than where he is now and I think the Broncos can win a SB with this kid.

However, will Tebow be able to do this?

Ratboy
Durrrrrrrrrrrrr

How is this news?

It's really the point of Elway specifying the type of QB he wants under center.

Kaylore
To be fair, drafting a QB outside of a ridiculous slide is a ridiculous waste of finite resources.

It depends on what happens and what is there, but I generally agree. The fallout from the controversy alone wouldn't be worth it. That said, if someone falls to you and everyone else is off the board, you have to pull the trigger if you can't trade the pick away for a kings ransom.

TheReverend
01-30-2012, 02:39 PM
It depends on what happens and what is there, but I generally agree. The fallout from the controversy alone wouldn't be worth it. That said, if someone falls to you and everyone else is off the board, you have to pull the trigger if you can't trade the pick away for a kings ransom.

Don't forget the sheer stupidity involved in just loading up on young QBs.

Let's enter next season with a roster of Tebow, rookie and Weber! That's sure to speed up their development!

NFLBRONCO
01-30-2012, 02:41 PM
Elway is smart enough to know that the better the QB the shorter time rebuild is. It also sends a warning to Tebow lovers that wonder boy has to get better FAST not in 3 yrs. Who they bring in this offseason will tell how long a leash Tebow has whether you like it or not. I think Tebow has to play vastly better in 12 to stay here in 13.

Archer81
01-30-2012, 02:41 PM
I'd have to agree with Rev on this. How is this news? We have 1 QB on the roster, and Weber on the PS. No kidding we are going to look at QB's.

:Broncos:

myMind
01-30-2012, 02:42 PM
The most interesting thing is Elway saying he's looking for the big athlete who can throw the ball from the pocket.

Not once has Elway said Tebow will be the starting in Game 1 of the regular season.

He's the starting going into training camp. Well, of course he is! He is the only QB on the roster.

He can lose it, but he won't. Wait and see obviously, but Im always optimistic.

jhns
01-30-2012, 02:46 PM

You do realize that Elway doesn't decide who starts, right? Could this be why we have never seen him name a starter? No! It must be that he hates Tebow!

BroncoMan4ever
01-30-2012, 02:51 PM

"That's our approach with Tim being our starter as we go to training camp, that we'll look at free agency and the draft."

Elway has said that he's looking for "the big athlete who can throw the ball from the pocket."

"Any free agent or anybody that comes in here when we start training camp is going to be competing for jobs."

i am taking this as a more than likely we will see Nick Foles in the 2nd round.

spdirty
01-30-2012, 02:54 PM
Good. Keep the seat warm for Timmy. If he doesn't develop into a guy who can throw from the pocket he won't amount to much in this league long term.

BroncoMan4ever
01-30-2012, 02:57 PM
Absolutely Tebow can lose the starting spot. He's simply got to get better at throwing the football. Just get his freaking completion % above 50%. I'm not asking for a 60%+ completion percentage but just get it above 50%, lets say 55-57% completion percentage, about 10 pecentage points higher than where he is now and I think the Broncos can win a SB with this kid.

However, will Tebow be able to do this?

honestly in todays NFL a team is not going to have long term success with a QB completing less than 60% of his passes.

i like Tebow and hope he puts an iron grip on the starting job, but to do that he needs to vastly improve his passing ability.

this team led by Fox is not going to anytime soon become s team that routinely throws it 30+ times a game, but 20-25 attempts a game is likely which means to be effective throwing the ball, Tim would need to be completing 12-15 passes a game. and really for an NFL QB a 60% completion percentage should not be something hard to come by.

Shananahan
01-30-2012, 03:00 PM
It's really the point of Elway specifying the type of QB he wants under center.
What's he supposed to say? "We're looking for great people with can-do attitudes who try really hard, bring intangibles to the field and can move really well but still have lots of work to do in the passing game."?

You're making something out of nothing.

bendog
01-30-2012, 03:03 PM
[QUOTE=Shananahan;3480017]"We're looking for great people with can-do attitudes who try really hard, bring intangibles to the field and can move really well but still have lots of work to do in the passing game."?

[QUOTE]

And be a good Christian too who does wonderful stuff!

Archer81
01-30-2012, 03:05 PM
honestly in todays NFL a team is not going to have long term success with a QB completing less than 60% of his passes.

i like Tebow and hope he puts an iron grip on the starting job, but to do that he needs to vastly improve his passing ability.

this team led by Fox is not going to anytime soon become s team that routinely throws it 30+ times a game, but 20-25 attempts a game is likely which means to be effective throwing the ball, Tim would need to be completing 12-15 passes a game. and really for an NFL QB a 60% completion percentage should not be something hard to come by.

Eli Manning has a 58.4% career comp percentage. The year the Giants won the SB, he had a 56.1 comp percentage.

Not starting an argument, just pointing out that sometimes there are more factors than a completion %.

houghtam
01-30-2012, 03:05 PM
What's he supposed to say? "We're looking for great people with can-do attitudes who try really hard, bring intangibles to the field and can move really well but still have lots of work to do in the passing game."?

You're making something out of nothing.

Definitely something out of nothing.

However, we had a discussion on another board several years back when Shanahan went into the season with only two QBs on the roster. I don't think it's a bad idea to just go into the season with 2 QBs and use the roster spot for something else.

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 03:08 PM
We need a vet not a rookie with the guys we have on our roster now.

Tombstone RJ
01-30-2012, 03:09 PM

I agree for the most part but I think for TT to get to a 60% completion percentage is not going to be easy and you do realize that John By-God Elway has a NFL lifetime completion percentage of 56.9? Just saying...

It's all the fad now to say that a QB has to have a 60%+ completion percentage to be effective. I don't necessarily agree with that. I think it very much depends on the type of QB you have and the type of offense you run. There have been many good QBs with a completion percentage below 60%.

If the Broncos throw the ball 25 times a game, and TT connects on 14 of those passes then I think the Broncos win a lot of games, if the defense plays well too and the Broncos effectively rush the ball.

Pony Boy
01-30-2012, 03:11 PM
Patriots drafted a QB in the third round last year

elsid13
01-30-2012, 03:13 PM
Patriots drafted a QB in the second round last year

Mallet was drafted in the third.

And yes they will look at QB and if the right guy is there, Elway will pull the trigger.

bendog
01-30-2012, 03:20 PM

I agree. Delhomme made it about 5 plays, so not him. What happens if Tebow comes in and shows nothing more? Not to wish ill for the kid, but it's like he's not had 4 years of college in an NFL preparation. He'd got a lot of improvemnt to to make to consistently make reads and accurate/timely throws from a five step. I'm not expecting miracles (-: but Cam had the 15th passer rating and Tebow had like 29. He's got to be middle of the pack and improving by the end of the year.

What happens if by game 8, it's not getting done? There has to be a plan B. I think 2013 will have more qb depth at the top, but with Foles and Weeden there's some intriguing options in the second rd. Can they turn it over to a Shaun Hill or even David Orlovsky?

I'm asking not stating an opinion.

Tombstone RJ
01-30-2012, 03:23 PM
Patriots drafted a QB in the third round last year

Thats because Mallet fell into their lap. If the same thing happens the Broncos I'd expect them to pull the trigger too.

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 03:28 PM
I agree. Delhomme made it about 5 plays, so not him. What happens if Tebow comes in and shows nothing more? Not to wish ill for the kid, but it's like he's not had 4 years of college in an NFL preparation. He'd got a lot of improvemnt to to make to consistently make reads and accurate/timely throws from a five step. I'm not expecting miracles (-: but Cam had the 15th passer rating and Tebow had like 29. He's got to be middle of the pack and improving by the end of the year.

What happens if by game 8, it's not getting done? There has to be a plan B. I think 2013 will have more qb depth at the top, but with Foles and Weeden there's some intriguing options in the second rd. Can they turn it over to a Shaun Hill or even David Orlovsky?

Someone brought up a name of a guy that will be back in the NFL after taking a year off in Pennington.

Paladin
01-30-2012, 03:30 PM

Sincerely,
Gator Fan

Ha!

DENVERDUI55
01-30-2012, 03:54 PM
I'd love to package Tebow up in the trade up for luck. 3 firsts and tebow do it John.

BroncoBeavis
01-30-2012, 04:03 PM

Exactly. I'd take a Delhomme over even a complete washout like Brunell before I'd burn a 1st or 2nd on another rookie.

HorseHead
01-30-2012, 04:05 PM
Mallett > Foles, Weeden....

Be prepared for strange season. What happens if Tebow grows into a better Quarterback, both from a technical and statistical standpoint, but the Broncos have a tough go of it due to strength of schedule.

Could that happen? I think it could...

Shananahan
01-30-2012, 04:08 PM
What happens if Tebow grows into a better Quarterback, both from a technical and statistical standpoint, but the Broncos have a tough go of it due to strength of schedule.
....they'll win less games?

bendog
01-30-2012, 04:13 PM
Mallett > Foles, Weeden....

Be prepared for strange season. What happens if Tebow grows into a better Quarterback, both from a technical and statistical standpoint, but the Broncos have a tough go of it due to strength of schedule.

The tebowites will demand Goodall be burnt at the stake for disrespecting Tim.

PS, I didn't like Mallet. He was immobile in the pocket. I havn't seen the other two play.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
01-30-2012, 04:17 PM

Sincerely,
Gator Fan

Rep!

houghtam
01-30-2012, 04:18 PM
The tebowites will demand Goodall be burnt at the stake for disrespecting Tim.

PS, I didn't like Mallet. He was immobile in the pocket. I havn't seen the other two play.

I think you really need to go back and read the posting history of those (other than MacGruder, Vine, Broncbow, etc.) that you're calling tebowites. I think you'll find that the vast majority of them are saying that if Tebow does not improve next season, they're in favor of dumping him. I know I am.

If we win less games and it's not because of Tebow, it will prove the point that we're a lot further away from being consistently competitive than some of you think we are.

HAT
01-30-2012, 04:19 PM

Josh Johnson

Boobs McGee
01-30-2012, 04:32 PM
Has anyone else heard ANYTHING about Tebow working with Elway? The only reason I ask, is that someone I know (who has some very loose ties with the team) mentioned that Tim hasn't responded with a yes/no in terms of working with him this offseason. From what I was told, John had extended the offer on a few occasions and there hasn't been a response either way. Anyone?

Dedhed
01-30-2012, 04:34 PM
Only 1 qb under contract for next year.....yeah they will be in the market
Shocking development.

TheReverend
01-30-2012, 04:39 PM
Has anyone else heard ANYTHING about Tebow working with Elway? The only reason I ask, is that someone I know (who has some very loose ties with the team) mentioned that Tim hasn't responded with a yes/no in terms of working with him this offseason. From what I was told, John had extended the offer on a few occasions and there hasn't been a response either way. Anyone?

lol

Good one man.

Boobs McGee
01-30-2012, 04:40 PM
lol

Good one man.

Not doing this for the lulz, just curious to see if anyone's heard anything to back the rumor I'd heard.

Obviously, I don't think it's true, but everything he's relayed to me in the past has SOME merit.

Dedhed
01-30-2012, 04:42 PM

Haven't you heard. Wins don't matter, only completion % does. If Tebow's % is above 60% and we go 0-16 he's earned the job for the next 10 years.

barryr
01-30-2012, 04:42 PM
This years draft does not look very strong at QB, so really pushing things if really think you can find a legit starter in this draft other than the ones most talked about. Sure, sometimes you get lucky and find a gem, but that is rare.

The Broncos, like most teams, tend to carry 3 QB's, so like has been mentioned by others, so them looking for QB's to add to the roster is not that newsworthy.

Dedhed
01-30-2012, 04:43 PM
Not doing this for the lulz, just curious to see if anyone's heard anything to back the rumor I'd heard.

Obviously, I don't think it's true, but everything he's relayed to me in the past has SOME merit.
You're daft if you believe for a second that Tebow would rebuff or ignore offers from Elway to work together.

Popps
01-30-2012, 04:49 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y8Kyi0WNg40" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ray Finkle
01-30-2012, 04:50 PM
You're daft if you believe for a second that Tebow would rebuff or ignore offers from Elway to work together.

I heard Elway took him out to eat and he wore a baseball hat backwards and ignored him the whole time....

TheReverend
01-30-2012, 04:50 PM

It sounds legit to me. I mean, if there's two things that describe Tim Tebow it's lazy and disrespectful.

SpringStein
01-30-2012, 04:55 PM
I'd love to package Tebow up in the trade up for luck. 3 firsts and tebow do it John.

Obviously too many DUIs.

Boobs McGee
01-30-2012, 05:10 PM
It sounds legit to me. I mean, if there's two things that describe Tim Tebow it's lazy and disrespectful.

Hence the reason I posted the question here. Because it seems outlandish.

Mogulseeker
01-30-2012, 05:30 PM

Sincerely,
MacGruder

FYP

Jay3
01-30-2012, 05:31 PM

Aside from the other suspicions raised here, it seems like an odd way for an NFL franchise to conduct official business.

"Dear Tim
Will you meet with me? Check yes or no.
John."

Shananahan
01-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Hence the reason I posted the question here. Because it seems outlandish.
Yeah, no worries. Next time you hear from someone with vague, loose ties to an NFL franchise rumors which are so retarded they should be dismissed immediately as attempts at humor I hope you again bring them to the board to verify. Can't be too careful these days.

Boobs McGee
01-30-2012, 06:01 PM
Yeah, no worries. Next time you hear from someone with vague, loose ties to an NFL franchise rumors which are so retarded they should be dismissed immediately as attempts at humor I hope you again bring them to the board to verify. Can't be too careful these days.

Lick my balls.

Mogulseeker
01-30-2012, 06:02 PM
Aside from the other suspicions raised here, it seems like an odd way for an NFL franchise to conduct official business.

"Dear Tim
John."

Nah, I get what Boobs is saying. I think nothing formal has developed yet between the two.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-30-2012, 06:03 PM
im surprised grudy isnt on here screaming johnny hates tebows and tebow should ask to be traded to some florida team

Shananahan
01-30-2012, 06:04 PM
Nah, I get what Boobs is saying. I think nothing formal has developed yet between the two.
Maybe they're just saving all that fluff for the preseason.

Spider
01-30-2012, 07:22 PM

Sincerely,
Gator Fan

:rofl:

Punisher
01-30-2012, 11:00 PM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

Broncbow
01-31-2012, 04:11 AM

Tebow being forced to compete with a seasoned vet despite the fact that his development has been stunted with one of the worst offensive schemes int he league is exactly what I expect from Elway. Two weeks into camp I can here it now. David Garrard is winning the starting battle in practice.

There are plenty of QB's who rock in practice where there is no pressure, IE Orton, and then fold when the pressure is on IE Garrard too.

Rev. is right nothing to see here, this is exactly the same situation Tebow was in last year, heading into camp as the starter then up ended with a seasoned QB who rocks when there is no pressure on him.

Broncbow
01-31-2012, 04:14 AM

"Dear Tim
John."

Tim is not going to spend any of his valuable time with a washed up prima donna who has been lording over him with disdain all season, unless his contract insists he has too.

Stagger Lee
01-31-2012, 04:40 AM
Tim is not going to spend any of his valuable time with a washed up prima donna who has been lording over him with disdain all season, unless his contract insists he has too.

Jesus ****ing Christ, I'm officially dumber after reading this.

Agamemnon
01-31-2012, 05:06 AM
http://mybroadband.co.za/photos/data/500/thread-fail-stamp.gif

DENVERDUI55
01-31-2012, 06:20 AM

Can you blame tebow I mean his stock and star status is as high as it will ever be. He might as well use it banging whores partying and chasing kardashians. It's only a long downward spiral to reality tv now so he should take advantage now.

KO5K
01-31-2012, 06:48 AM
Can you blame tebow I mean his stock and star status is as high as it will ever be. He might as well use it banging whores partying and chasing kardashians. It's only a long downward spiral to reality tv now so he should take advantage now.

Only until he wins his first superbowl.

BroncoBeavis
01-31-2012, 07:05 AM
I think the new CBA prevents Elway and Tebow from doing anything until April, since Elway works for the team.

If Tebow works with anyone, it will have to be someone outside the NFL. Maybe Elway could get on the horn and call up his buddy Steve Young. :)

Mile High Mojoe
01-31-2012, 07:22 AM

Sincerely,
Gator Fan

I know your post is pure sarcasm but it just isnít funny or witty anymore and makes you look like a fool when you continue to do it over and over. You posts have really deteriorated, itís sad to see from a Fan who once was one of the voices of intelligence, reason and restraint on the OM now turning to pity sarcasm like the rest of clowns. You really have a bulls eye painted on Tebow donít you?

Yes we need a back-up QB, Elway knows it, the Coaches know and we know it. Itíd be a really fascinating thing to see just once everyone not jumping to wild ass assumptions every time Elway opens his mouth. Iím sure Elway, Xanders and Fox are not wasting all their valuable time right now trying to figure out a way to unload or jerk off Tebow. Theyíve had heads together trying to figure which players to draft in April at ALL POSITIONS and evaluating what free agents help improve the team.

No matter how much you guys donít like the idea Iíd bet the farm Tebow is the opening day starter no matter who they draft or free agent they sign. Tebow has earned the right to be the starter so get the hell over it for God sakes. Elway is not a complete idiot, he isnít about to encourage Fox to bench Tebow nor is insane enough to trade him this season.

Unlike you most Broncos Fans would be absolutely furious if Tebow is traded before he gets a real chance to prove himself. Furthermore Elway isnít going to ruin his whole God like rep in Denver by making this mistake he knows better. He and Xanders arenít moronic enough to draft a QB in the early rounds either. What most likely will happen is a free agent gets signed.

If Tebow falls completely on his ass this season the Broncos should look to the 2013 draft or trade for a big name free agent QB but not this year.

But please continue the wise cracks and the BS about Gator Fans (Iím Wyoming Cowboys Fan so donít put me in that box) cheerleading for Tebow. If the complete demise and epic failure is what some of you secretly hope Happens to Tebow then youíre NOT Fans.

Wow! It is more important for some armchair GMís to be right about 1 player and **** can a whole season than having just having a wait and see attitude. God forbid Tebow shocks the world and plays way better than last year and we win more games. Iíd really hate it if that happened. Sarcasm OM style.

Boobs McGee
01-31-2012, 07:57 AM
^and i thought people overreacted to MY post, holy ****!

You should've stopped 7 words in...

BroncoMan4ever
01-31-2012, 07:58 AM
Eli Manning has a 58.4% career comp percentage. The year the Giants won the SB, he had a 56.1 comp percentage.

Not starting an argument, just pointing out that sometimes there are more factors than a completion %.

i agree completion precentage isn't the complete tell-all with the success of a team. but Denver isn't exactly a world beater on defense that can carry a young weak QB and still has a long way to becoming one.

Eli has improved a lot as a passer, and that is exactly what Tim needs to do. a high 50% completion percentage for the next season or 2 if it is combined with success in the won-loss record and improvement in Tim's overall QB game. but like Eli, he will need to make the leap into completing over 60% of his passes and being an efficient QB to put an end to all the questioning and doubters

Spider
01-31-2012, 07:59 AM
^and i thought people overreacted to MY post, holy ****!

You should've stopped 7 words in...

:rofl: I got a few teblowers going in another thread ......

BroncoMan4ever
01-31-2012, 08:12 AM
I agree for the most part but I think for TT to get to a 60% completion percentage is not going to be easy and you do realize that John By-God Elway has a NFL lifetime completion percentage of 56.9? Just saying...

It's all the fad now to say that a QB has to have a 60%+ completion percentage to be effective. I don't necessarily agree with that. I think it very much depends on the type of QB you have and the type of offense you run. There have been many good QBs with a completion percentage below 60%.

If the Broncos throw the ball 25 times a game, and TT connects on 14 of those passes then I think the Broncos win a lot of games, if the defense plays well too and the Broncos effectively rush the ball.

i hate the comparisons to Elway that get constantly brought up in corralation to Tim.

but with the idea that Elway only completed around 57% of his passes, it has to be remembered that Elway didn't play in a time when the rules were changed that passing is made as simple as it is now. he played when receivers got mugged by DB, and the QB was treated almost like just another player on the field and not a guy in a "Do Not Touch Jersey"

right now in the current passing rules of the NFL, the closest example of a long term type of player with a similar game to Tebow is Michael Vick, and how much success has he really had? sure he is fun to watch, and is a highlight reel type of guy, sells a lot of jerseys, but has never won a truly meaningful game. in 9 seasons in the NFL he has only appeared in the playoffs 3 times. he has a total of 2 wins in the playoffs.

i'm not saying Tim is going to have that type of career, just pointing out that the most successful QB with a similar skill set to Tim has not been all that successful.

Requiem
01-31-2012, 08:21 AM
Lindley or Osweiler will be a Bronco. BOOK IT.

Captain 'Dre
01-31-2012, 08:22 AM

Sincerely,
Brady Quinn

Fixed it for ya! :~ohyah!:

Boltjolt
01-31-2012, 09:18 AM

Thats because Tebow was here in Vegas recently and staying at the Hardrock where the Porn convention is being held.

True Story (http://www.lvrj.com/news/tebow-stayed-at-porn-event-s-hotel-138283659.html)

Kaylore
01-31-2012, 09:23 AM
I know your post is pure sarcasm but it just isnít funny or witty anymore and makes you look like a fool when you continue to do it over and over. You posts have really deteriorated, itís sad to see from a Fan who once was one of the voices of intelligence, reason and restraint on the OM now turning to pity sarcasm like the rest of clowns. You really have a bulls eye painted on Tebow donít you?

Yes we need a back-up QB, Elway knows it, the Coaches know and we know it. Itíd be a really fascinating thing to see just once everyone not jumping to wild ass assumptions every time Elway opens his mouth. Iím sure Elway, Xanders and Fox are not wasting all their valuable time right now trying to figure out a way to unload or jerk off Tebow. Theyíve had heads together trying to figure which players to draft in April at ALL POSITIONS and evaluating what free agents help improve the team.

No matter how much you guys donít like the idea Iíd bet the farm Tebow is the opening day starter no matter who they draft or free agent they sign. Tebow has earned the right to be the starter so get the hell over it for God sakes. Elway is not a complete idiot, he isnít about to encourage Fox to bench Tebow nor is insane enough to trade him this season.

Unlike you most Broncos Fans would be absolutely furious if Tebow is traded before he gets a real chance to prove himself. Furthermore Elway isnít going to ruin his whole God like rep in Denver by making this mistake he knows better. He and Xanders arenít moronic enough to draft a QB in the early rounds either. What most likely will happen is a free agent gets signed.

If Tebow falls completely on his ass this season the Broncos should look to the 2013 draft or trade for a big name free agent QB but not this year.

But please continue the wise cracks and the BS about Gator Fans (Iím Wyoming Cowboys Fan so donít put me in that box) cheerleading for Tebow. If the complete demise and epic failure is what some of you secretly hope Happens to Tebow then youíre NOT Fans.

Wow! It is more important for some armchair GMís to be right about 1 player and **** can a whole season than having just having a wait and see attitude. God forbid Tebow shocks the world and plays way better than last year and we win more games. Iíd really hate it if that happened. Sarcasm OM style.

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly7pk4ERii1qdsz89o1_500.gif

MHM, maybe you should just put me on ignore.

HAT
01-31-2012, 09:31 AM
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly7pk4ERii1qdsz89o1_500.gif

MHM, maybe you should just put me on ignore.

But first ask him how a team trades for a big name free agent?

Tombstone RJ
01-31-2012, 09:38 AM
i hate the comparisons to Elway that get constantly brought up in corralation to Tim.

but with the idea that Elway only completed around 57% of his passes, it has to be remembered that Elway didn't play in a time when the rules were changed that passing is made as simple as it is now. he played when receivers got mugged by DB, and the QB was treated almost like just another player on the field and not a guy in a "Do Not Touch Jersey"

right now in the current passing rules of the NFL, the closest example of a long term type of player with a similar game to Tebow is Michael Vick, and how much success has he really had? sure he is fun to watch, and is a highlight reel type of guy, sells a lot of jerseys, but has never won a truly meaningful game. in 9 seasons in the NFL he has only appeared in the playoffs 3 times. he has a total of 2 wins in the playoffs.

i'm not saying Tim is going to have that type of career, just pointing out that the most successful QB with a similar skill set to Tim has not been all that successful.

I'm not comparing TT to Elway, I'm talking about completion percentages and using Elway's lifetime completion percentage as an example of a QB winning a lot of games without a completion pecentage above 60%. And again, there are other successful QBs who have completion percentages below 60%. I agree the NFL is a passing league and caters to the passing game. I also know that dinking and dunking does not win games. Effective passing does win games and this is where Tebow has to grow.

55CrushEm
01-31-2012, 09:53 AM
I think the new CBA prevents Elway and Tebow from doing anything until April, since Elway works for the team.

If Tebow works with anyone, it will have to be someone outside the NFL. Maybe Elway could get on the horn and call up his buddy Steve Young. :)

Yeah. Gotta love those unions. "Joe Player, you absolutely CAN NOT work out with a coach in the offseason. They are exploiting you! Then can't make you a slave to their organization!"

go_broncos
01-31-2012, 09:54 AM

Mr.Elway -- You better search for OC that knows that passing the ball on first down is legal in NFL.

BroncoBeavis
01-31-2012, 10:02 AM
Mr.Elway -- You better search for OC that knows that passing the ball on first down is legal in NFL.

"Yeah, our established game plan is to lose yards on 1st and 2nd down. So ideally, we're looking for a QB who can convert 60% on 3rd and 13. We will have annual Camp QB Showdowns until we find him" :)

BroncoBeavis
01-31-2012, 10:04 AM
Yeah. Gotta love those unions. "Joe Player, you absolutely CAN NOT work out with a coach in the offseason. They are exploiting you! Then can't make you a slave to their organization!"

Yeah, definitely stupid in certain scenarios. But I think it's part of the players' focus on longevity and not getting ground to powder over the course of their careers. I can see it for some of the established guys. But it kinda sucks for the rookies.

bendog
01-31-2012, 10:16 AM
Thats because Tebow was here in Vegas recently and staying at the Hardrock where the Porn convention is being held.

True Story (http://www.lvrj.com/news/tebow-stayed-at-porn-event-s-hotel-138283659.html)

But he stayed up in his room ... reading the bible.

Seriously, I hope the kid is resting his ribs, but he better be hiring the same qb coach Quinn hired for the offseason to work on mechanics until April when the coaches can contact him.

enjolras
01-31-2012, 10:52 AM
"Yeah, our established game plan is to lose yards on 1st and 2nd down. So ideally, we're looking for a QB who can convert 60% on 3rd and 13. We will have annual Camp QB Showdowns until we find him" :)

No the gameplan is to put the offense in the best possible position to pick up a first down. You know that with Tebow you are statistically quite likely to be facing 2nd and 10, which is drive killer when you have a highly inaccurate QB throwing the ball.

You hope that your going to be able to get it down to 2nd and 7 and 3rd and 5 (at worst), at which point the defense at least has to respect the run on 3rd down and you have a chance to complete a pass to a wide open receiver (because he's not going to fit it into a tight window).

enjolras
01-31-2012, 10:56 AM
And again, there are other successful QBs who have completion percentages below 60%.

In the last 5 years, who are these QB's? I'm looking down the list this season and 60% sure looks like a delimiter. Guys below 60%:

Vick
Orton
Cassel
Dalton
Cutler
Grossman
Kolb
Flacco
McCoy
Sanchez
Skelton

In at least two of those cases (Flacco/Sanchez) you could certainly argue that those teams are being held back by the play of their Quarterbacks.

Btw: Tebow comes in on that list dead last, a full four percentage points worse than second to last Gabbert.

oubronco
01-31-2012, 11:36 AM
But he stayed up in his room ... reading the bible.

Seriously, I hope the kid is resting his ribs, but he better be hiring the same qb coach Quinn hired for the offseason to work on mechanics until April when the coaches can contact him.

Or Tom Bradys QB guru that said he could fix Tebow's mechanics in two weeks

KO5K
01-31-2012, 11:52 AM

Why?

If Tebow is as bad as you clowns say he is, why would you want him to hire the coach of the player who couldn't even beat Tebow out?

bendog
01-31-2012, 11:55 AM
Why?

If Tebow is as bad as you clowns say he is, why would you want him to hire the coach of the player who couldn't even beat Tebow out?

Don't ever let googling stand between you and posting, tebowite.

SleepingTiger
01-31-2012, 11:56 AM

Sincerely,
Gator Fan

I didn't know you're a Gator fan? :P

KO5K
01-31-2012, 11:57 AM
Don't ever let googling stand between you and posting, tebowite.

So you're saying that Quinn beat out Tebow to be the backup but when the starter was benched they decided not to use the backup but the backup's backup. Why would they do this?

lonestar
01-31-2012, 12:22 PM

"Any free agent or anybody that comes in here when we start training camp is going to be competing for jobs."The title of the thread is ingenious.

They ate looking for warm bodies to help in training camp.

No way will they start anyone but Tebow or the city goes nuts. As do most of the fans in the NFL.

He is a draw a huge draw. A. Omey maker and unless he is a total FUBAR during the off season he is the starter. Period. Money talks Male Bovine Excrement walks.

yerner
01-31-2012, 12:23 PM
In the last 5 years, who are these QB's? I'm looking down the list this season and 60% sure looks like a delimiter. Guys below 60%:

Vick
Orton
Cassel
Dalton
Cutler
Grossman
Kolb
Flacco
McCoy
Sanchez
Skelton

In at least two of those cases (Flacco/Sanchez) you could certainly argue that those teams are being held back by the play of their Quarterbacks.

Btw: Tebow comes in on that list dead last, a full four percentage points worse than second to last Gabbert.

I don't know what it means, but "delimiter" is what I'm going to start calling my cock. Thanks, good post.

yerner
01-31-2012, 12:25 PM
So you're saying that Quinn beat out Tebow to be the backup but when the starter was benched they decided not to use the backup but the backup's backup. Why would they do this?

Really? You can't figure this one out on your own?

houghtam
01-31-2012, 12:27 PM
I don't know what it means, but "delimiter" is what I'm going to start calling my cock. Thanks, good post.

Maybe he means "deli-meter", as in a device used to determine how good a deli sandwich is.

Example: I find the Hot Pastrami at Zaidy's to be a 6 on the deli-meter, whereas the old fashioned Meatloaf Sandwich is closer to an 8.

errand
01-31-2012, 12:46 PM
You really have a bulls eye painted on Tebow donít you?

Nope...Tebow has the bullseye painted on him due to his struggling when throwing the ball. He is the new face of the franchise, and the Broncos most popular player if not the NFL's...why shouldn't he be held to a higher standard?

I agree they should be trying to improve the entire team...I hope they load up on D as it's the weakest link so far given the injuries we've had and lackluster play against elite teams like NE...

As for the offense, sure....it'll do no good to have Tebow step up if the rest of the talent around him fails...but it will also do us no good to improve the rest of the team if the guy playing the most important position on it struggles again. I think there's nothing wrong with knowing before the season begins who the best QB is...and that is where Tebow fans claiming he doesn't have to prove he can do it in practice could come back and bite him in his ass.

No matter how much you guys donít like the idea Iíd bet the farm Tebow is the opening day starter no matter who they draft or free agent they sign.

That's fine...nobody has a problem with that...if he earns it. But if they sign Drew Brees (however unlikely) or Flynn, or draft another kid and they outperform him in camp (I mean we know Brees will)...why would you have a problem with them starting over Tim?

Tebow has earned the right to be the starter so get the hell over it for God sakes. Elway is not a complete idiot, he isnít about to encourage Fox to bench Tebow nor is insane enough to trade him this season.

Elway's not an idiot, that's true. His job is to make the Broncos champions again...so he will do whatever he needs to accomplish that goal...if that means Tebow is our starter, i'm fine with that...if it means he languishes on another team, i'm fine with that too. I'd trade anyone on this team if it meant getting us closer to the goal of being champions again...

Unlike you most Broncos Fans would be absolutely furious if Tebow is traded before he gets a real chance to prove himself.

and unlike you, most Broncos fans won't be upset if he's cut or traded should he not prove himself after being given that chance

Furthermore Elway isnít going to ruin his whole God like rep in Denver by making this mistake he knows better. He and Xanders arenít moronic enough to draft a QB in the early rounds either. What most likely will happen is a free agent gets signed.

I agree they'll go FA route more than likely...but if they were able to acquire the 1st pick in the draft (however unlikely), would you pass on Andrew Luck?

Yeah, but if Tebow struggles, he's alot better than falling completely on his ass....which means clowns like you will keep saying he needs more time and if they can improve this team at any position why would you resist it?

Few if any hope he fails....cuz that means the team fails. And just because they don't worship him like you do, it doesn't mean they hope he fails or that they hate him.

Wow! It is more important for some armchair GMís to be right about 1 player and **** can a whole season than having just having a wait and see attitude.

So if Tebow throws for 3,000 yards, hits on 55% with 20 Td's with 10 ints and helps us win 10-13 games this season, we're not gonna read you touting YOUR being right?

God forbid Tebow shocks the world and plays way better than last year and we win more games. Iíd really hate it if that happened. Sarcasm OM style.

I wouldn't hate it at all, because then the only ones that wouldn't care for him would be opposing team's fans

in bold

TonyR
01-31-2012, 12:47 PM

Vick
Orton
Cassel
Dalton
Cutler
Grossman
Kolb
Flacco
McCoy
Sanchez
Skelton

^ Well done.

BroncoBeavis
01-31-2012, 12:53 PM
Boy. Errand's really starting to get into tldr territory.

errand
01-31-2012, 12:54 PM
The title of the thread is ingenious.

They ate looking for warm bodies to help in training camp.

B]Don't be too sure about that...anything is possible[/B]

No way will they start anyone but Tebow or the city goes nuts. As do most of the fans in the NFL.

Anyone? you mean if we signed FA Drew Brees, he'd ride the pine behind Tebow?

He is a draw a huge draw.

Yes he is....as Luck, Manning or Brees would be too

in bold

errand
01-31-2012, 12:58 PM
Why?

Ok...fair enough. Then perhaps Tebow should hire whoever Orton hired to coach him prior to '11 season....afterall he beat Tebow out in camp

Beantown Bronco
01-31-2012, 01:00 PM
Then perhaps Tebow should hire whoever Orton hired to coach him prior to '11 season

I believe his name was Jack Daniels.

Shananahan
01-31-2012, 01:00 PM
Why is this thread still getting such a controversial response?

The Broncos are in the market for a guys who can play QB because there is only one on the team going into next season. They'll probably want a veteran guy to help out and fill-in if needed and a younger guy to groom. Or something, I have no idea what, but of course they're in the market.

Elway should probably just start saying exactly what fits best with what you hyper-reactionaries want to see happen, I guess. "We're in the QB market, sure. We want to see Tebow succeed and he'll be the starter next season, though, so instead of always wanting to find the best possible players at every position we're only looking for guys who aren't really good enough to play. Ideally, those pathetic, packup-quality players will have good size and some form of pocket passing ability."

I'm sure that'd go over much better.

BroncoBeavis
01-31-2012, 01:05 PM

Vick
Orton
Cassel
Dalton
Cutler
Grossman
Kolb
Flacco
McCoy
Sanchez
Skelton

Nice crap...er I mean list. Guess who has the highest career completion percentage in NFL history? Chad Pennington. HOF alert.

And here's a few other guys below 60% career who aren't on your list.

Matt Stafford
Eli Manning
Sam Bradford
Jake Plummer

And some more stellar 'delimited' guys above 60%

Brian Griese
Tony Romo
Joe Flacco (not sure where you put him below 60)
Damon Huard
Chad Henne
Jon Kitna

Along with many others.

BroncoBeavis
01-31-2012, 01:16 PM
Can you source the list you posted. Cutler is above 60% also, while you have him below.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_cmp_perc_career.htm

TonyR
01-31-2012, 01:28 PM
Can you source the list you posted. Cutler is above 60% also, while you have him below.

He looked at the 2011 season, not career numbers. His post clearly states "this season".

BroncoBeavis
01-31-2012, 01:44 PM
He looked at the 2011 season, not career numbers. His post clearly states "this season".

Looks to me like he says 'in the last 5 years'

bendog
01-31-2012, 01:50 PM
spiiiinnnning. And I'm not at the gym. lol

KO5K
01-31-2012, 01:55 PM
Really? You can't figure this one out on your own?

Nope, please explain it to me.

As far as I know, when the starter is benched the #2 comes in.

And if Quinn was better than Tebow why does Elway need to bring in multiple QBs? According to you we have two legitimate starters when you include Quinn and we have Weber, why do need more QBs?

Shananahan
01-31-2012, 02:11 PM
And if Quinn was better than Tebow why does Elway need to bring in multiple QBs? According to you we have two legitimate starters when you include Quinn and we have Weber, why do need more QBs?
Quinn's not on the roster next season yet, if ever again. Denver needs more quarterbacks for the simple reason that Tebow is the only guy. It's not rocket science. Anybody that comes in will have to unseat Tebow and it's not going to happen unless he completely implodes so just stop worrying/acting defensive/getting dramatic about it.

Tombstone RJ
01-31-2012, 02:19 PM

Vick
Orton
Cassel
Dalton
Cutler
Grossman
Kolb
Flacco
McCoy
Sanchez
Skelton

You are kind of cherry picking your stats "in the last 5 years" where as I'm talking about the last 30 years. Again, I know this is a QB driven league and that it is favoring the throwing game, but there's been great QBs with a lifetime completion percentage below 60% like Dan Marino and some very good QBs who won a lot of games like Donovan McNabb.

My point is I don't know if Tebow has to have a completion percentage above 60% to win consistently. Also, completion percentage is just one stat and yes it's important, but not the hallmark of a great QB. Chad Pennington has a lifetime completion percentage of 66% and I don't remember him winning a SB title.

There's no cookie cutter way to define a great QB, there's too many variables and yes the intangibles come into play as well. There's stats which you can look at and see a pattern but it's only one stat and does not give you the overall picture.

There's still people on this board who love Cutler and think he should still be with the Broncos, but they aren't complaining about his completion percentage. Why? Perhaps because there's other aspects of his game that are more prohibitive to his success than completion percentag?

KO5K
01-31-2012, 02:19 PM
Quinn's not on the roster next season yet, if ever again. Denver needs more quarterbacks for the simple reason that Tebow is the only guy. It's not rocket science. Anybody that comes in will have to unseat Tebow and it's not going to happen unless he completely implodes so just stop worrying/acting defensive/getting dramatic about it.

If Quinn is better than Tebow.

Why would we let Quinn go?

lonestar
01-31-2012, 03:05 PM
in bold

Wow
Talk about a stupid post. Do you really think those guys would be available at a price we can afford.

BTW John said he wants a BIG Qb that throws from the pocket
So breeze is. OT on the agenda.

Do you really beleive that manning will ever play again?

Even if he does would you spend a quarter of your cap to get him?

As for luck are you just plain stupid enough to think we have a chance for him and again would uou be willing to give up most of your Draft choices for the be t few seasons to GEt him?

Come back when you grow up.

oubronco
01-31-2012, 03:07 PM
Nope, please explain it to me.

As far as I know, when the starter is benched the #2 comes in.

Because the ones we have suck..... duh

Dedhed
01-31-2012, 03:23 PM
If only we could get Cutler back Then we could all go back to being happy about missing the playoffs because at least we'd have a QB with a strong arm.

oubronco
01-31-2012, 03:32 PM
If only we could get Cutler back Then we could all go back to being happy about missing the playoffs because at least we'd have a QB with a strong arm.

There ya go now that's thinking outside the box

DBroncos4life
01-31-2012, 04:44 PM
If Quinn is better than Tebow.

Why would we let Quinn go?
Because kidnapping people is illegal?

TheReverend
01-31-2012, 05:00 PM

Cry girl

http://newsok.com/bcs-national-championship-tim-tebow-turns-it-on/article/3336791

oubronco
01-31-2012, 05:18 PM
Cry girl

http://newsok.com/bcs-national-championship-tim-tebow-turns-it-on/article/3336791

Oh your so witty

errand
01-31-2012, 05:26 PM

Tebow has a strong arm (not like Cutler's, then again who does)..... it's just not very accurate right now.

BroncoBeavis
01-31-2012, 06:11 PM

Hey Rev, at least we know where he learned it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls08/news/story?id=3809361

Oklahoma's defenders have had enough of all the questions about the Big 12's shaky defensive numbers this season.

They've also apparently had enough of the Tim Tebow talk.
Oklahoma sophomore cornerback Dominique Franks said during interviews with the media Sunday morning at the Harbor Beach Marriott Resort & Spa that Tebow would have been no better than the fourth-best quarterback in the Big 12 this season.

Man I'm sure Tebow thought those tears tasted sweet.

And let's be honest. Is there a more overrated 'major' conference than the Big 12. I mean they can't even keep 12 teams from looking for greener conferences, but their ego won't let them admit it with a rename.:~ohyah!:

TheReverend
01-31-2012, 06:39 PM
Hey Rev, at least we know where he learned it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls08/news/story?id=3809361

Man I'm sure Tebow thought those tears tasted sweet.

And let's be honest. Is there a more overrated 'major' conference than the Big 12. I mean they can't even keep 12 teams from looking for greener conferences, but their ego won't let them admit it with a rename.:~ohyah!:

Haha yeah. Tim's normally nothing but reserved class, but clearly they pissed him off too much. He was even Gator chomping those ******* Sooners (and let's face it, that's exactly what they are) while he was kicking the **** out of them.

3rd and 10? No problem, will carry 4 Sooner "defenders" 12 yards for the first down.

Also, Sam Bradford's a bitch.

lonestar
01-31-2012, 07:01 PM

They sure would be happy. Camper s having a QB with an arm stronger than ElWays.

I just do it get the love for cutlet. A supreme head case that other than one season with a super defense and a superb ST a loser in all the other seasons since high school.
Rivers and. Comany owned him.

He won ONE referee assisted game against SAN.

strafen
01-31-2012, 07:24 PM
Why is this thread still getting such a controversial response?

The Broncos are in the market for a guys who can play QB because there is only one on the team going into next season. They'll probably want a veteran guy to help out and fill-in if needed and a younger guy to groom. Or something, I have no idea what, but of course they're in the market.

Elway should probably just start saying exactly what fits best with what you hyper-reactionaries want to see happen, I guess. "We're in the QB market, sure. We want to see Tebow succeed and he'll be the starter next season, though, so instead of always wanting to find the best possible players at every position we're only looking for guys who aren't really good enough to play. Ideally, those pathetic, packup-quality players will have good size and some form of pocket passing ability."

I'm sure that'd go over much better.Good post.
Every team carries at least 3 QB's on their roster, and we too :)
And that's your whole point. Tebow is actually our only QB under contract if I'm not mistaken.
There's no guarantee Quinn will be back, especially if we find somebody more capable.
I would think that they may bring Weber if they've liked what they'd seen in practice and what not

Archer81
01-31-2012, 07:27 PM
They sure would be happy. Camper s having a QB with an arm stronger than ElWays.

I just do it get the love for cutlet. A supreme head case that other than one season with a super defense and a superb ST a loser in all the other seasons since high school.

This post makes English teachers everywhere cry and want to quit their jobs.

Cutler is not a bad QB. Million dollar arm and a 2 cent head. That happens sometimes. How he left Denver skewed my opinion of the guy (dad delivering playbook...come on dude...) but I wish him well in Chicago.

This entire thread is the Lulz. When the game ended in NE, the only QBs on the roster are Tebow and Weber. We need a vet. If that is Quinn, fine. But it should not spark the great debate because the article states the obvious. We will be picking up a QB or two in the draft or FA. That's not news.

Its like freaking out over an article about signing or drafting a CB.

oubronco
01-31-2012, 07:29 PM
Haha yeah. Tim's normally nothing but reserved class, but clearly they pissed him off too much. He was even Gator chomping those ******* Sooners (and let's face it, that's exactly what they are) while he was kicking the **** out of them.

3rd and 10? No problem, will carry 4 Sooner "defenders" 12 yards for the first down.

Also, Sam Bradford's a b****.

Hahaha Hahahaha at least Bradford can hit the broadside of a barn

Blueflame
01-31-2012, 07:29 PM

Didn't Cutler's Bears also beat the Chargers this season? (quick check says yes... Nov. 20. Bears 31, Bolts 20).

Archer81
01-31-2012, 07:30 PM

When he is not on the injured list, sure.

Dedhed
01-31-2012, 08:28 PM
There ya go now that's thinking outside the box
While you're thinking like a box. Tell us again about how Von Miller is going to be a wasted pick and how Orton gives us the best chance to win. Your insights are always brilliant.

Missouribronc
01-31-2012, 08:30 PM
What happens when the rookie QB or the veteran QB, whoever is brought in, looks vastly superior to Tebow in training camp?

Because...it will happen.

Dedhed
01-31-2012, 08:32 PM
What happens when the rookie QB or the veteran QB, whoever is brought in, looks vastly superior to Tebow in training camp?

Post more pictures of players on other teams.

errand
01-31-2012, 08:33 PM

oh you haven't heard? how a QB looks in practice should have no bearing whatsoever on who wins the starting job....

NFLBRONCO
01-31-2012, 08:33 PM
Who we bring in will tell us how hot Tebows seat is in the next year or so.

Missouribronc
01-31-2012, 08:34 PM
Post more pictures of players on other teams.

I'm sorry, I'm failing to see any relevance to this topic.

Missouribronc
01-31-2012, 08:35 PM
oh you haven't heard? how a QB looks in practice should have no bearing whatsoever on who wins the starting job....

Oh, I've heard...but I'm not, nor are those professing this opinion, a coach.

errand
01-31-2012, 08:36 PM
I'm sorry, I'm failing to see any relevance to this topic.

people like him just hate to see pictures of real quarterbacks.....

errand
01-31-2012, 08:43 PM
Oh, I've heard...but I'm not, nor are those professing this opinion, a coach.

well from what we been told, our coaching staff is a bunch of morons, that have gone out of their way to ensure that he fails too.

DBroncos4life
01-31-2012, 09:49 PM

Don't forget McD would play Bradford.

Shananahan
01-31-2012, 10:27 PM

You're grasping at straws thinking like this, dude.

Tebow will be the opening day QB. They cannot do otherwise due to the attention he's earned/received. If he's really just not good enough be prepared for them to let him illustrate that fact for everybody so the coaching staff and front office is not to blame, much like they did for Orton this past season.

Whiny, irrelevant hypotheticals are a waste of your time now.

BroncoBeavis
01-31-2012, 10:35 PM
people like him just hate to see pictures of real quarterbacks.....

While others have some sort of weird thing for porn staches.

Play2win
01-31-2012, 10:52 PM

I think whats really interesting is that we don't have a QB that can throw from the pocket now.

I think he is he is going to get a stop-gap and, then, go all-in for Matt Barkley.

Shananahan
01-31-2012, 11:01 PM
Yeah, because if Elway's sold on replacing Tebow he's surely going to need an immediate stop-gap to do so.

BroncoBeavis
01-31-2012, 11:08 PM
I think whats really interesting is that we don't have a QB that can throw from the pocket now.

I think he is he is going to get a stop-gap and, then, go all-in for Matt Barkley.

Confused. How does a stop-gap position you for Barkley?

I guess had this year gone according to Hater plan, we could've been in line for Luck or RGIII. Too bad for you, Tebow went 7 and 4 after Orton led off 1-4.

So maybe by 'stop gap' you mean a guy who loses more games for draft positioning? Maybe get KO back for one more Hater dream run?

Shananahan
01-31-2012, 11:09 PM
I think maybe he simply means a stop-gap for himself, so he won't have to suffer through another winning, playoff-victory season or something until we get a real blue-chip QB.

broncocalijohn
01-31-2012, 11:52 PM

Big deal. So can Tebow. Only problem is we needed him to hit the bail of hay in front of the barn.

Just thought I would have fun and pile on.

Gort
02-01-2012, 01:45 AM
Big deal. So can Tebow. Only problem is we needed him to hit the bail of hay in front of the barn.

Just thought I would have fun and pile on.

don't waste your time. errand and oubronco are not Broncos fans. their hate for Tebow overrides any interest they ever had in the Broncos. it would be one thing to be skeptical of Tebow's future. i'm skeptical of Knowshon's future, but that doesn't cloud my judgement to the point that i would root for him to do poorly in games and then openly mock him on Broncos forum when he does. for errand and oubronco and a few others here, their only happiness is enjoying the Broncos failures until the day when they are "proven right" about Tebow. maybe that day will come in 2012. maybe it will never come. maybe Tebow ends up in the HOF one day. none of us really know what the future holds for him or this franchise. but i think it's pretty douchey to constantly hammer a young QB who took a 1-4 team to the playoffs and won a playoff game against PIT just because Merrill Hoge or Mel Kiper Jr. doesn't think Tebow should be a QB in this league. this season was a step in the right direction. but errand and oubronco can't see that because they are small, powerless little men who are probably henpecked or living in their moms' basements and the only thrill they have in life is to b**** and moan here because the Broncos won a playoff game for the first time since 2005, and only the 2nd time since the back-to-back superbowl years.

Mile High Mojoe
02-01-2012, 04:05 AM
^This

go_broncos
02-01-2012, 05:20 AM
don't waste your time. errand and oubronco are not Broncos fans. their hate for Tebow overrides any interest they ever had in the Broncos. it would be one thing to be skeptical of Tebow's future. i'm skeptical of Knowshon's future, but that doesn't cloud my judgement to the point that i would root for him to do poorly in games and then openly mock him on Broncos forum when he does. for errand and oubronco and a few others here, their only happiness is enjoying the Broncos failures until the day when they are "proven right" about Tebow. maybe that day will come in 2012. maybe it will never come. maybe Tebow ends up in the HOF one day. none of us really know what the future holds for him or this franchise. but i think it's pretty douchey to constantly hammer a young QB who took a 1-4 team to the playoffs and won a playoff game against PIT just because Merrill Hoge or Mel Kiper Jr. doesn't think Tebow should be a QB in this league. this season was a step in the right direction. but errand and oubronco can't see that because they are small, powerless little men who are probably henpecked or living in their moms' basements and the only thrill they have in life is to b**** and moan here because the Broncos won a playoff game for the first time since 2005, and only the 2nd time since the back-to-back superbowl years.

Awesome Post..
Not sure how bronco fans can hate Tebow considering what he did this year.

jhns
02-01-2012, 06:17 AM

Go ahead and claim that this staff can pick the better QB when evaluating camp and preseason performances. 1-4 = best chance to win! LOL You can't get much dumber than that. You haters are pretty stupid.

Oh, and he also outplayed Orton in the preseason and the previous regular season. Every time they were in live situations, Tebow was better. That doesn't matter to Orton fan though. How a guy plays with no pressure, and no hitting, is clearly what matters. 4-14 vs 9-7...

Spider
02-01-2012, 06:38 AM
LMAO , we few , we band of Brothers known as Teboners .......

jhns
02-01-2012, 06:45 AM
Go ahead and claim that this staff can pick the better QB when evaluating camp and preseason performances. 1-4 = best chance to win! LOL You can't get much dumber than that. You haters are pretty stupid.

Oh, and he also outplayed Orton in the preseason and the previous regular season. Every time they were in live situations, Tebow was better. That doesn't matter to Orton fan though. How a guy plays with no pressure, and no hitting, is clearly what matters. 4-14 vs 9-7...

This made me think. What happens to Fox and Elway if this happens two years in a row? What if they bring in a guy and he does look better in camp? If they start him and we start losing a bunch again, they will have to go back to Tebow. If Tebow then takes us to the playoffs again, saving them from their horrible decision, would the staff be fired? It would prove their incompetence but they still made the playoffs. I'm sure if they weren't fired, Bowlen would at least not allow them to make any QB decisions.

Spider
02-01-2012, 06:52 AM
This made me think. .

Hilarious!

jhns
02-01-2012, 06:54 AM
Hilarious!

We all realize that you consider thinking a joke.

Spider
02-01-2012, 06:59 AM
We all realize that you consider thinking a joke.

Just you

jhns
02-01-2012, 06:59 AM
Just you

Or you.

montrose
02-01-2012, 07:11 AM

Elway was asked this yesterday and gave a rather diplomatic response. Logically, I think it would depend on who the other QB was - if he were a journeyman that isn't a long term answer it would seem they still go with Tebow but a youngster they felt good about over the long-term could actually get the job.

That's my logicial thinking. Would I be shocked if they brought in some Charlie Batch-like backup who outplayed Tebow in camp so they gave him the job? No, I wouldn't. Suprised, yes. Shocked, no.

go_broncos
02-01-2012, 08:13 AM
Elway should work on getting new OC..
We are fine with QB.

Also..it is better that Elway doesn't talk much.

bendog
02-01-2012, 08:18 AM
Elway should work on getting new OC..
We are fine with QB.

Also..it is better that Elway doesn't talk much.

I don't agree with that. Elway is trying to get the communtiy and broncos to re-establish a rapport they had back in the 70-90s. It's true the Tebowites react ... childishly ... to anything that could possibly be seen as questioning wether Tebow can be a NFL caliber qb. But, if Tebow cannot, he and the Tebowites will be gone, while Elway and the old style fans remain.

Butterscotch Stallion
02-01-2012, 08:21 AM

you have giant balls..or a tiny brain to post this.

You and fags like TGN were pwned harder than any fan of any sport in the history.of the internet last year for arguing against this very fact.

Why don't you just take your post Tebow sphincter into hiding like TGN did.

you should be ashamed every time you post because you are a poster child for failure.

YOU WERE DESTROYED!

now shut the **** up you 1-4 qb supportin playoff winning qb hating internet losing dickmunch.

go make your new daddy a sandwich.

BroncoBeavis
02-01-2012, 08:23 AM
I don't agree with that. Elway is trying to get the communtiy and broncos to re-establish a rapport they had back in the 70-90s. It's true the Tebowites react ... childishly ... to anything that could possibly be seen as questioning wether Tebow can be a NFL caliber qb. But, if Tebow cannot, he and the Tebowites will be gone, while Elway and the old style fans remain.

Not just the Tebowites. The haters hang on every Elway word and dance around and do the happy clap every time John talks about bringing a new QB into town.

Even though we all know that we don't have a backup and we HAVE to bring in another QB. Usually it's only politicians who try to run out in front of something that's already preordained and take some kind of credit for it. :)

vancejohnson82
02-01-2012, 08:26 AM
you have giant balls..or a tiny brain to post this.

You and fags like TGN were pwned harder than any fan of any sport in the history.of the internet last year for arguing against this very fact.

Why don't you just take your post Tebow sphincter into hiding like TGN did.

you should be ashamed every time you post because you are a poster child for failure.

YOU WERE DESTROYED!

now shut the **** up you 1-4 qb supportin playoff winning qb hating internet losing dickmunch.

go make your new daddy a sandwich.

whoa!

this isn't where I parked my car....

jhns
02-01-2012, 08:31 AM

Yeah, the real fans are the ones that hate the winning QB... You get dumber every day.

KO5K
02-01-2012, 08:33 AM

Hilarious!

Well Orton sure proved that theory to be correct this year, huh?

Spider
02-01-2012, 08:34 AM
Or you.
come up with that by yourself ?

vancejohnson82
Hilarious!

The only reason we are looking for a guy to bring in is because we need a backup when Quinn walks

nothing to see here

Spider
Hilarious!

well our defense did thats for sure

jhns
02-01-2012, 08:35 AM
come up with that by yourself ?

Nope. Did you?

Spider
02-01-2012, 08:35 AM

Ilike tebow , just cant stand these nut huggers that came along with him

bendog
02-01-2012, 08:36 AM
[QUOTE=BroncoBeavis;3481436]Not just the Tebowites. The haters hang on every Elway word and dance around and do the happy clap every time John talks about bringing a new QB into town. QUOTE]

That's probably true, though honestly I don't see Tebow haters so much as Tebow doubters. I did not at the 2010 draft, and do not now, think this kid will ever be an NFL caliber qb. He might, might, be like Flacco or Sanchez of Alex Smith. Honestly, Flacco was not that bad in the playoffs, but he'd never gonna be more than a supporting cast. Smith's job is not to turn it over. I hope I'm wrong, but I haven't seen anything to change my mind. I'm fine with Elway giving it a season to playo out. But, to mcgrubber and butterscotchy, I'm a tebow hater. Frankly I don't give a crap about him personally one way or another. He's a nice guy, but Brees, the Mannings and Elway are all positives for their communities too. I'm not beating a drum for them. I just want an elite qb who doesn't rape people

KO5K
02-01-2012, 08:37 AM
well our defense did thats for sure

Our defense that was well below average in just about every recorded category?

Beantown Bronco
02-01-2012, 08:40 AM

Someone forgot to tell the Raiders that.

vancejohnson82
02-01-2012, 08:43 AM
Someone forgot to tell the Raiders that.

well played, sir

Spider
02-01-2012, 08:48 AM

so the wins are Tebows and the losses are on everyone else .

KO5K
02-01-2012, 08:49 AM

No...

The wins are on everyone and the losses are on everyone.

You tried to pin the wins on the defense, when it actually wasn't very good.

jhns
02-01-2012, 08:49 AM

Wow, one of the haters is finally getting it.

BroncoBeavis
02-01-2012, 09:09 AM
[QUOTE=BroncoBeavis;3481436]Not just the Tebowites. The haters hang on every Elway word and dance around and do the happy clap every time John talks about bringing a new QB into town. QUOTE]

That's probably true, though honestly I don't see Tebow haters so much as Tebow doubters. I did not at the 2010 draft, and do not now, think this kid will ever be an NFL caliber qb. He might, might, be like Flacco or Sanchez of Alex Smith. Honestly, Flacco was not that bad in the playoffs, but he'd never gonna be more than a supporting cast. Smith's job is not to turn it over. I hope I'm wrong, but I haven't seen anything to change my mind. I'm fine with Elway giving it a season to playo out. But, to mcgrubber and butterscotchy, I'm a tebow hater. Frankly I don't give a crap about him personally one way or another. He's a nice guy, but Brees, the Mannings and Elway are all positives for their communities too. I'm not beating a drum for them. I just want an elite qb who doesn't rape people

Just take a look at who starts these threads every time Elway's forced to answer a simple question about our QB scenario. How they peel off any shred of imaginary consolation they can to tell them that somebody... anybody other than Tebow will start for the Broncos next year. They don't even really care who. Just Anyone. Sell the farm for a high pick? Sure! Play a stop-gap? Sure! Peyton Manning in a wheelchair? Sign us up! Anyone but Tebow.

They continue on, even though you and I both know, barring injury, Tebow will start next year. And anyone who tells them they're ridiculous is a Tebowner.

Spider
02-01-2012, 09:13 AM
No...

The wins are on everyone and the losses are on everyone.

You tried to pin the wins on the defense, when it actually wasn't very good.

good enough ..... it is obvious tebow rode their coat tails to those wins

Tombstone RJ
02-01-2012, 09:34 AM
good enough ..... it is obvious tebow rode their coat tails to those wins

and for whatever reason this is a bad thing? So the defense won the games in your opinion and you want to criticize Tebow for not helping the team more, even though the Broncos won?

So in your opinion it's better to win pretty rather than just win and if the Broncos have a QB who looks the part but the team still loses then you're ok with that because the Broncos have a QB who looks good rather than a QB who wins?

gotcha, thanks buddy. :flower:

bendog
02-01-2012, 11:57 AM
and for whatever reason this is a bad thing? So the defense won the games in your opinion and you want to criticize Tebow for not helping the team more, even though the Broncos won?

So in your opinion it's better to win pretty rather than just win and if the Broncos have a QB who looks the part but the team still loses then you're ok with that because the Broncos have a QB who looks good rather than a QB who wins?

I'm happy for the wins, but given how the season ended and the quotes for Elway on Tebow's future, doesn't it seem pretty clear that defenses on even average teams figured it out, and unless Den has a real NFL passing offense with a min of 55% completions on a min of 25 attmpts per game, Den will do well to stay at .500?

jhns
02-01-2012, 12:06 PM
I'm happy for the wins, but given how the season ended and the quotes for Elway on Tebow's future, doesn't it seem pretty clear that defenses on even average teams figured it out, and unless Den has a real NFL passing offense with a min of 55% completions on a min of 25 attmpts per game, Den will do well to stay at .500?

The season ended with a 1-4 team winning a playoff game... You are an idiot.

BroncoBeavis
02-01-2012, 12:08 PM

What exactly did defenses 'figure out' about Tebow?

That we're going to run until we HAVE to throw it? Teams figuring that out had nothing to do with Tebow. It had to do with gameplans so monotonous that nobody can show me a remotely close modern parallel anywhere in NFL history.

I know I know. It's because Tebow (highest passer rating in SEC history) is by far the worst quarterback (1st string, backup or otherwise), ever to grace an NFL field post-merger. Putting up 300 yards and a couple touchdowns against the highest ranked pass defense in the NFL was obviously a fluke and any average trucker or gas station attendant could accomplish similar things on a good day.

It's all so clear.

Spider
02-01-2012, 12:17 PM

i see so i want a qb that is a threat throwing the ball ,means i want to win pretty ? LMAO you dork

bendog
02-01-2012, 12:21 PM

That we're going to run until we HAVE to throw it? Teams figuring that out had nothing to do with Tebow. It had to do with gameplans so monotonous that nobody can show me a remotely close modern parallel anywhere in NFL history.

I know I know. It's because Tebow (highest passer rating in SEC history) is by far the worst quarterback (1st string, backup or otherwise), ever to grace an NFL field post-merger. Putting up 300 yards and a couple touchdowns against the highest ranked pass defense in the NFL was obviously a fluke and any average trucker or gas station attendant could accomplish similar things on a good day.

It's all so clear.

They shut down the run, and forced him to pass. he went 1-4. Look take the bliders off and try to READ what Elway's said.

jhns
02-01-2012, 12:24 PM
They shut down the run, and forced him to pass. he went 1-4. Look take the bliders off and try to READ what Elway's said.

So rushing fot 100 yards, and passing for 200, is proof that they figured Tebow out? He did that in a single game. It is a game you jist counted. It wasn't the Steelers game. He then had over 300 yards passing on the Steelers in that time. They obviously knew how to stop him!

This was his first year starting.

You again prove that you are an idiot.

BroncoBeavis
02-01-2012, 12:29 PM

Easy to shut down the run when you know that's what the other team is going to do. 8 opening 1st down rushes against the worst pass defense in the league. 8 in a row. That doesn't happen.

21 of 22 1st downs against Pittsburgh. And they absolutely stuffed it all game. That doesn't happen.

4 passing attempts period in the 1st half against Buffalo. 4. That doesn't happen. Tebow completes 75%, goes into the locker room down multiple scores. Come out of the locker room. Mike "Halftime Adjustment" McCoy suddenly starts slinging it around like he's Jerry Glanville, but only when the defense is sitting back waiting for it.

bendog
02-01-2012, 12:31 PM
oh, and the 40% completion rate. It's all the coaches, beevis. Keep drinking the coolaid with acid.

BroncoBeavis
02-01-2012, 12:34 PM
oh, and the 40% completion rate. It's all the coaches, beevis. Keep drinking the coolaid with acid.

Yeah. 3rd and 13, down 14 "I STILLZ WANTZ MY 60% COMPLETIONS BITCHES! CUZ THATZ WHATZ NFL QBz DO!"

Completion percentage is completely dependant on scenario. We've long established that Tebow was throwing disproportionately in crappy situations.

jhns
02-01-2012, 12:37 PM
It will be fun watching the haters cry for the next ten years.

DBroncos4life
02-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Easy to shut down the run when you know that's what the other team is going to do. 8 opening 1st down rushes against the worst pass defense in the league. 8 in a row. That doesn't happen.

21 of 22 1st downs against Pittsburgh. And they absolutely stuffed it all game. That doesn't happen.

4 passing attempts period in the 1st half against Buffalo. 4. That doesn't happen. Tebow completes 75%, goes into the locker room down multiple scores. Come out of the locker room. Mike "Halftime Adjustment" McCoy suddenly starts slinging it around like he's Jerry Glanville, but only when the defense is sitting back waiting for it.

If we don't run those plays Steelers don't line up in a cover zero on the game winning pass.

Butterscotch Stallion
02-01-2012, 12:45 PM

I have had one of the best years in recent memory! Thank god for idiots, they really can be quite fun.

errands constant beatdowns are like candy to me.

Spider
02-01-2012, 12:46 PM

It's all so clear.

LMAO you teboners are a real piece of work .. and what happened when other teams stopped our running game ?

jhns
02-01-2012, 12:48 PM
LMAO you teboners are a real piece of work .. and what when other teams stopped our running game ?

Sorry, no one here speaks trucker...

Butterscotch Stallion
02-01-2012, 12:50 PM
LMAO you teboners are a real piece of work .. and what when other teams stopped our running game ?

What when is you learned to english?

Spider
02-01-2012, 12:52 PM
Sorry, no one here speaks trucker...

so says the resident goofball

BroncoBeavis
02-01-2012, 12:52 PM
If we don't run those plays Steelers don't line up in a cover zero on the game winning pass.

See, here's the idea. If you mix **** up earlier in the game, you get those kinds of matchups BEFORE overtime and you might not have to win a coin toss to get your shot.

The goal is for the D to be guessing on EVERY PLAY. Not just a couple where the coach finally decides his head is bloodied enough from the brick wall.

Butterscotch Stallion
02-01-2012, 12:55 PM
See, here's the idea. If you mix **** up earlier in the game, you get those kinds of matchups BEFORE overtime and you might not have to win a coin toss to get your shot.

The goal is for the D to be guessing on EVERY PLAY. Not just a couple where the coach finally decides his head is bloodied enough from the brick wall.

I think Tebow hate makes people forget about how football works. Mccoy made ONE adjustment this year(IN OVER****INGTIME) and now people want to use that as an example to explain what we have all been yelling about for month's!

CALL SOMETHING ELSE MORE OFTEN!!!!!!!!

jhns
02-01-2012, 12:56 PM

Exactly. I always find that spin funny. The coordinator needed 47 plays to setup that one play. Good for him! A real coordinator needs around 2-3 plays to setup their plays. Not exactly a good argument for the play calling.

NFLBRONCO
02-01-2012, 12:57 PM

If Tebow is here 10 years as our QB I'll be amazed but, overall happy he actually developed into something. It also would be one less thing to fix. Seems like on here its more important to be Tebow lover vs Tebow hater and not realize we actually want the same thing a great QB. Really with Tebow he's nation favorite I actually believe most fans don't care how he plays he's just great. As a fan who wants a ring the PR issue fear has me concerned it will get in the way of org progress. For this reason alone I hope I'm wrong about him.

Butterscotch Stallion
Exactly. I always find that spin funny. The coordinator needed 47 plays to setup that one play. Good for him! A real coordinator needs around 2-3 plays to setup their plays. Not exactly a good argument for the play calling.

McCoy uses the run to set up the run. It's genius!

Spider
What when is you learned to english?

shocked you stopped sucking on the body fluids of errands that taste so good to you long enough to notice my mistake

DBroncos4life
02-01-2012, 12:58 PM

We had success vs Pitt because they kept playing the cover zero. If we mixed it up they wouldn't have been in the cover zero for other big plays.

Tebow wasn't ready to play this year and the coaching staff protected him get the **** over it.

Butterscotch Stallion
02-01-2012, 12:59 PM
If Tebow is here 10 years as our QB I'll be amazed but, overall happy he actually developed into something. It also would be one less thing to fix. Seems like on here its more important to be Tebow lover vs Tebow hater and not realize we actually want the same thing a great QB. Really with Tebow he's nation favorite I actually believe most fans don't care how he plays he's just great.

Most really see that he plays well and fight against the B.S. to be clear. Tebow has played as a QB very well in his second season. That isn't debatable. At ALL!

What is debatable his how much he needs to improve. WE ALL KNOW HE NEEDS TO.

it's just that some of us like our QB's to win and play well and when it happens we get excited and angry when ****tards who deny facts try to shoot him down.

makes sense to any reasonable person.

Butterscotch Stallion
02-01-2012, 01:00 PM
shocked you stopped sucking on the body fluids of errands that taste so good to you long enough to notice my mistake

His blood is anemic unfortunately. TGN is all used up too. I'm looking forward to your meth infused pruno soaked trucker blood next.

jhns
02-01-2012, 01:01 PM
If Tebow is here 10 years as our QB I'll be amazed but, overall happy he actually developed into something. It also would be one less thing to fix. Seems like on here its more important to be Tebow lover vs Tebow hater and not realize we actually want the same thing a great QB. Really with Tebow he's nation favorite I actually believe most fans don't care how he plays he's just great.

Why would your overall analysis be negative after his first year starting? This team was the second worst in the league last season. After spotting him a 1-4 record, he took the team to a playoff win. If your take on him is negative, you need to realize that you just don't understand this sport as well as you think.

This was his first year starting...

Butterscotch Stallion
02-01-2012, 01:03 PM
We had success vs Pitt because they kept playing the cover zero. If we mixed it up they wouldn't have been in the cover zero for other big plays.

Tebow wasn't ready to play this year and the coaching staff protected him get the **** over it.

They did a great job for the most part. However, telegraphing plays over and over and over and over is not a good way to develop a qb either.

Also only allowing him to pass in obvious third and long isn't smart either. Short passes, wr screens, bubble screens, first down passes, second down passes, hb screens on third and long...these are things that have been proven to work...

SO, while they did some good in helping Tebow, they also did a lot of bad.

My 6 year old nephew asked me why they call the same plays all the time last year..

years.

old.

Don't you think if he could see that, defensive coordinators could too?

Butterscotch Stallion
02-01-2012, 01:04 PM
Why would your overall analysis be negative after his first year starting? This team was the second worst in the league last season. After spotting him a 1-4 record, he took the team to a playoff win. If your take on him is negative, you need to realize that you just don't understand this sport as well as you think.

be careful Jhns. Now you aren't giving our lower third ranked defense enough credit and that makes you a TEbowner.

now, if you DON"T give Tebow any of the credit you are "rational" like those "rational Orton supporters"

jhns
02-01-2012, 01:05 PM

Yeah! He turned the season around, and won a playoff game, because he isn't ready! Worst QB ever!

LOL @ the stupidity

Spider
02-01-2012, 01:27 PM
His blood is anemic unfortunately. TGN is all used up too. I'm looking forward to your meth infused pruno soaked trucker blood next.

you just try and suck on anything of mine , I will kick your ass so far up your back , you will be doing your shirt to shiat ....... Homie dont play that

Spider
02-01-2012, 01:28 PM
LOL you teboners , defensing the indefensible

Butterscotch Stallion
02-01-2012, 01:46 PM
you just try and suck on anything of mine , I will kick your ass so far up your back , you will be doing your shirt to shiat ....... Homie dont play that

lol. troll blood is bad for me anyhow. no worries.

broncswin
02-01-2012, 01:47 PM

the more defensive you get Spidy...the more you want it...:kiss:

Spider
02-01-2012, 01:51 PM
lol. troll blood is bad for me anyhow. no worries.

good , glad to hear that

Spider
02-01-2012, 01:52 PM
the more defensive you get Spidy...the more you want it...:kiss:

I am a homophobe , but I am ok with that ;D ... I dont mind em , they do have a right to exist , get married , just not around me ;D

Butterscotch Stallion
02-01-2012, 02:42 PM
I am a homophobe , but I am ok with that ;D ... I dont mind em , they do have a right to exist , get married , just not around me ;D

I am a trollophobe. so please stay away from me

Spider
02-01-2012, 02:45 PM
I am a trollophobe. so please stay away from me No worries there ......

Shananahan
02-01-2012, 03:28 PM
You're not doing a very good job of living up to your 'Mr. Diplomacy' title, Spider.

Abort thread.

Boogerboots
02-01-2012, 03:39 PM
We interrupt this never ending OM pissing contest with this news bulletin. There appears to be a solution to the Broncos QB conundrum as their dream QB is now available...

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/teams/story/?id=386640&hubname=cfl-lions

Film at 11.

go_broncos
02-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Mcd lover/Tebow Hater -- Not a Bronco fan.

Spider
02-01-2012, 03:52 PM
You're not doing a very good job of living up to your 'Mr. Diplomacy' title, Spider.

Abort thread.

wtf?? I got mad peoples skills and Iam always diplomatic ya moron ..

elsid13
02-01-2012, 04:19 PM
wtf?? I got mad peoples skills and Iam always diplomatic ya moron ..

Many a day, I wonder how you haven't become US Secretary of State with the those "mad people skills"

Spider
02-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Many a day, I wonder how you haven't become US Secretary of State with the those "mad people skills"

I know .....;D

NFLBRONCO
02-01-2012, 08:37 PM

My concerns with Tebow (Longterm) as of today

1. Throwing motion is slow he'll have to learn to read D's really fast to get past his wind up. Can you mess with a QB's throwing motion alot? I'm not sure. Not sure 3 or 5 years exp fix this flaw.

2. Accuracy/Reading D's is part of the inexperience playing thing I get it but, who knows how much this area with improve or not.

3. Yes he did get us a playoff win against a MASH unit which is good. He failed miseably against quality opponents that were healthy. I know it wasn't ALL him but, his play must get better against these type teams or we won't go anywhere. Imo its on FO too to adjust their O building and really add talent for Tebow if not it could be trouble.

4. 3rd down he stinks just like Orton but, inexperience card can be used now.
I think rolling him out is better for him but, it seems FO want him in the pocket.

Be interesting to see how long this experiment will last or not. Regardless of my negative view of Tebow for FO's/fans sake I hope I'm wrong and have our answer at QB for 10 years. Tebow's intangibles are through the roof this part I do like about him.

jhns
02-02-2012, 06:18 AM
My concerns with Tebow (Longterm) as of today

1. Throwing motion is slow he'll have to learn to read D's really fast to get past his wind up. Can you mess with a QB's throwing motion alot? I'm not sure. Not sure 3 or 5 years exp fix this flaw.

2. Accuracy/Reading D's is part of the inexperience playing thing I get it but, who knows how much this area with improve or not.

3. Yes he did get us a playoff win against a MASH unit which is good. He failed miseably against quality opponents that were healthy. I know it wasn't ALL him but, his play must get better against these type teams or we won't go anywhere. Imo its on FO too to adjust their O building and really add talent for Tebow if not it could be trouble.

4. 3rd down he stinks just like Orton but, inexperience card can be used now.
I think rolling him out is better for him but, it seems FO want him in the pocket.

Be interesting to see how long this experiment will last or not. Regardless of my negative view of Tebow for FO's/fans sake I hope I'm wrong and have our answer at QB for 10 years. Tebow's intangibles are through the roof this part I do like about him.

1. Elway doesn't agree. Neither do I.

2. You even said it. We are watching an inexperienced QB. QBs that actually get camps and time with the first unit, take a while to learn where everyone is on any given play. Tebow didn't get an offseason, switched systems mid way, and didn't work with the first team until week five. Worry about this if there isn't a lot of improvement next season. Worrying about it now is you just looking for an excuse to worry. Tebow actually was better than most young QBs this past season.

3. We had a mash unit too. Why do people feel that is only an excuse for other teams? You do also realise that this was the second worst team in the league last season, right? Of course the top teams are still way better. Again, you are just looking for reasons to question him.

4. This does need to get better. Again, first year starting. 9-7 with a playoff win. This is with a team that was 4-14 without him...

I understand concerns. Everyone should think he needs to get better. I will never understand the overall negative view of a player who had a very successful first season.

errand
02-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Peyton Manning has been cleared to resume playing....just in case anyone cares.

Peyton says it is not a safety issue, but performance issue....has he lost his arm strength, can he make all the throws. Peyton says he is aggessively rehabbing, and will play this season.

Also for those that claimed he's a selfish prima donna....he was offered a 5 year contract, and he told Irsay to sign him to one year with the option to protect the Colts in case he wasn't cleared

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
02-02-2012, 03:22 PM
never said payton was selfish just said he was a cult member you do know the cults sacrifice babies everything they win to Satan. i would never lie

BroncoBeavis
02-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Peyton Manning has been cleared to resume playing....just in case anyone cares.

Peyton says it is not a safety issue, but performance issue....has he lost his arm strength, can he make all the throws. Peyton says he is aggessively rehabbing, and will play this season.

Also for those that claimed he's a selfish prima donna....he was offered a 5 year contract, and he told Irsay to sign him to one year with the option to protect the Colts in case he wasn't cleared

That doesn't change the $28 million March 8th gun he has to the Colts head.. That's the issue. Not the length of the contract.

errand
02-02-2012, 04:00 PM
That doesn't change the $28 million March 8th gun he has to the Colts head.. That's the issue. Not the length of the contract.

$28 million vs. being on the hook for another 3 years at over $20 mil per.....not to mention owner can opt not to pay him....it protected the Colts from being in cap hell, and gave them an out in case....