PDA

View Full Version : CAM NEWTON

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Jetmeck
01-29-2012, 08:41 PM
Not really impressed.................

GreatBronco16
01-29-2012, 08:44 PM
1. It's the pro bowl for crying out loud.
2. It's a rookie in there and the real pros are taking it to him.
3. It's the pro bowl for crying out loud.

Man-Goblin
01-29-2012, 08:46 PM
Terrible. Champ got beat in the pro bowl too. Should be cut ASAP. #didnotwatch

Tim
01-29-2012, 08:46 PM
I dislike the guy, but I was impressed with him in games that mattered this year.

Jetmeck
01-29-2012, 08:48 PM
But wait he is SUPERMAN . How mamy picks today and how many throughout this year..................a hell of a lot.

MacGruder
01-29-2012, 08:54 PM
I always thought Cam was completely overrated... His offense was more loaded than the Pro Bowl offense.. his line protected him better too.

It was also funny because Cam got a small taste of what it is like to be Tebow because the D was going at him so hard because they were upset by the on-side kicks etc. TT gets that treatment every game because of Tebowmania..

oubronco
01-29-2012, 08:59 PM
I always thought Cam was completely overrated... His offense was more loaded than the Pro Bowl offense.. his line protected him better too.

It was also funny because Cam got a small taste of what it is like to be Tebow because the D was going at him so hard because they were upset by the on-side kicks etc. TT gets that treatment every game because of Tebowmania..

Newton is completely overrated huh? At this point he's head and shoulders above your boy Tebow so what does that make Tebow? The most completely overrated QB?

go_broncos
01-29-2012, 09:04 PM
Newton is completely overrated huh? At this point he's head and shoulders above your boy Tebow so what does that make Tebow? The most completely overrated QB?

Newton and Tebow are much better QB than Sam Bradford..:thumbs:

KO5K
01-29-2012, 09:04 PM
Can't say I've watched an awful lot of Newton this year but I'd expect a pro bowl QB to not constantly miss open receivers by 5 yards.

Reminded me a lot of Tebow against the Lions.

Boltjolt
01-29-2012, 09:09 PM

Agree with this, though he had Tebowesc throwing stats today but who cares. This game didnt get watched by many. Id take Cam Newton over Tebow everyday.

MacGruder
01-29-2012, 09:11 PM

Tebow made the playoffs with a team just as bad as Cam's and a worse coach and coaches that did everything to ruin him while Cam's did everything to make things easy for him.

Cam has a loaded offense and Tebow doesn't.. that is the only difference.

But if you watched Cam this season he couldn't even figure out how to win a game until Tebow showed him how... watch Cam after Tebow came in and you see him playing like Tebow.. same numbers too. Even with a much better offense..

What is really hilarious is how similar Cam Newton and Kyle Orotn are... Orton put up numbers like cam last season and couldn't win games to save his life.. just like Cam.. and just like with Cam this season the D and run game got all the blame.

And people said Tebow couldn't outplay Orton and he did.. and they act the same about Tebow with Cam too.. yet he did.. and Orton and Cam "look like QBs" Just like people said Quinn "looked" like a QB over Tebow too.. it's funny how so many can be fooled by looks..

Broncobiv
01-29-2012, 09:20 PM
Newton looked like complete ****. He routinely missed receivers with overthrows and also a really bad pass way behind Graham cutting across the field. Cam sucked today, and almost all of his horrible passes were with virtually no pressure (it was the Pro Bowl after all).

Boltjolt
01-29-2012, 09:21 PM
Tebow made the playoffs with a team just as bad as Cam's and a worse coach and coaches that did everything to ruin him while Cam's did everything to make things easy for him.

Cam has a loaded offense and Tebow doesn't.. that is the only difference.

But if you watched Cam this season he couldn't even figure out how to win a game until Tebow showed him how... watch Cam after Tebow came in and you see him playing like Tebow.. same numbers too. Even with a much better offense..

Ignorant post if your trying to say Tebow is the reason they got in the playoffs. Is he really the sole reason? Was it his 48% completion rate that did it? I think the defense had a lot to do with it too. Carolinas defense isnt as good and Newton had a much better season than Tebow did and plays in a tougher division that has two real good teams in it.
C-mon bro, Tebow lost a game to the guy he replaced and he was awful doing it. Seems your the one fooled by looks and it is the look of the uniform that is fooling you. Cutler was god til he got traded.

Missouribronc
01-29-2012, 09:28 PM
Basing an opinion of a player off the Pro Bowl is stupid.

Guessing OP is trying to find a stupid reason to say Tebow is better than Newton and that's obviously a dumb statement.

MacGruder
01-29-2012, 09:32 PM
Ignorant post if your trying to say Tebow is the reason they got in the playoffs. I think the defense had a lot to do with it too. Carolinas defense isnt as good and Newton had a much better season than Tebow did

Tebow had the Panthers coach who Steve Smith said made their offense so terrible.. The Panthers had a good O and Broncos had a good D.. Cam would have been far more screwed than Tebow in the Broncos offense. Tebow was better running the ball than Cam even with far worse offense around him. Tebow won more games than Cam with fewer attempts to get those wins.. Tebow's run game is what made the Broncos d look so good as well.

and plays in a tougher division that has two real good teams in it.
C-mon bro, Tebow lost a game to the guy he replaced and he was awful doing it.

Tougher division? Did you see the crap QBs and teams Cam faced? His first win was against Blaine Gabbert in his first start in the rain...

And Orton looked better on KC than he did on the Broncos.. so what does that tell you? Either Fox is a terrible coach or the Cheifs are a better team. Kyle also had all the inside info on the rookie Tebow and the Broncos schemes.. just like the Pats who also beat the Tebow with McD..

How can you make excuses for the number one pick getting outplayed by Tebow with a team that was just as bad and a worse coach?

Put Tebow or Orton on the Panthers they would have pit[played him.. any Qbs would have.. yes Cam put up a lot of numbers.. well not in preseason he didn't.. he was god awful. But with his numbers he also put up a ton of turnovers.. just like in today's game. Why is it people just ignore all those turnovers? I guess because Cam looks pretty doing it.. just like Orton..

Cam would have gotten KILLED behind the Broncos line.. look at the Panthers line.. I watched them all season.. they were unbelievable.. Panthers coach said the same thing.. He had the same thing in college.. best Oline in all of college football. Totally dominant.. great run game too both places..

TheReverend
01-29-2012, 09:42 PM

::)

Boltjolt
01-29-2012, 09:53 PM
Tebow had the Panthers coach who Steve Smith said made their offense so terrible.. The Panthers had a good O and Broncos had a good D.. Cam would have been far more screwed than Tebow in the Broncos offense. Tebow was better running the ball than Cam even with far worse offense around him. Tebow won more games than Cam with fewer attempts to get those wins.. Tebow's run game is what made the Broncos d look so good as well.

:~ohyah!: Who cares! Cam is already a much better QB as a rookie starting out of the gate and will be a good NFL QB in time. Tebow cant even get Elways vote of confidence after his 2nd season.

Tougher division? Did you see the crap QBs and teams Cam faced? His first win was against Blaine Gabbert in his first start in the rain...

Sure did...Drew Brees twice, Matt Ryan twice, Aaron Rodgers, Cutler, Matt Hasselbeck, Matt Stafford....thats 8 games with some pretty good QB's right there.

And Orton looked better on KC than he did on the Broncos.. so what does that tell you? Either Fox is a terrible coach or the Cheifs are a better team. Kyle also had all the inside info on the rookie Tebow and the Broncos schemes.. just like the Pats who also beat the Tebow with McD..

Orton was a part of your team this year. Im not buying the inside info excuse. Fan speak for "it wasnt Tebows fault". He was awful in that game and finished the year completing under 50% of his passes.

How can you make excuses for the number one pick getting outplayed by Tebow with a team that was just as bad and a worse coach?

Newton was outplayed by Tebow? I dont think so. Pretty sure nobody would take Tebow over Newton if givin the choice.

Put Tebow or Orton on the Panthers they would have pit[played him.. any Qbs would have.. yes Cam put up a lot of numbers.. well not in preseason he didn't.. he was god awful. But with his numbers he also put up a ton of turnovers.. just like in today's game. Why is it people just ignore all those turnovers? I guess because Cam looks pretty doing it.. just like Orton..

Nobody cares about preseason. Newton was a rookie. He had a damn good rookie season so yea he had a lot of turnovers but that isnt unexpected as a rookie. News flash..they usually struggle.

The rules DO make it easier for QB's these days and Tebow again couldnt complete 50% of his passes in a league that had two QB's break a 25 year old yardage record and a 3rd came close.

Cam would have gotten KILLED behind the Broncos line.. look at the Panthers line.. I watched them all season.. they were unbelievable.. Panthers coach said the same thing.. He had the same thing in college.. best Oline in all of college football. Totally dominant.. great run game too both places..

Killed? Really? Cam Newton is a pretty good runner himself. He just dont run as much as Tebow because he can actually throw. Newton is 248 lbs...which is more than Tebow weighs. The guy who is going to get killed the way they play is Tebow. He didnt even play in 16 games this year and after the last game, they said he was pretty banged up.

Take off the rose colored glasses!!

Archer81
01-29-2012, 09:54 PM

J.E.J.

:Broncos:

campocorto
01-29-2012, 09:58 PM
Cam Newton is arguably the greatest rookie QB in the NFL history!

The performance below was just simply amazing.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d8256021d/Buccaneers-vs-Panthers-highlights

Butterscotch Stallion
01-29-2012, 10:07 PM

we are sorry Tebow beat the pooners... just get over it already.

UberBroncoMan
01-30-2012, 12:57 AM
Sucks to be Matt Safford.

Jetmeck
01-30-2012, 01:37 AM
Basing an opinion of a player off the Pro Bowl is stupid.

Guessing OP is trying to find a stupid reason to say Tebow is better than Newton and that's obviously a dumb statement.

No I wasn't basing it off today only. Same **** throughout the year.
Lots of picks. Never mentioned TT. Your the one putting words in people's mouth but I already knew your an idiot. So what should I expect. lol

TDmvp
01-30-2012, 01:41 AM
Cam Newton ... Big arm , butter head.

Throws a pretty deep ball I'll give him that but has a brain of cardboard box.

Be sure you hide your laptops.

Dedhed
01-30-2012, 06:54 AM
Newton is completely overrated huh? At this point he's head and shoulders above your boy Tebow so what does that make Tebow? The most completely overrated QB?Based on what is he "head and Shoulders" above Tebow? Number of INTs?

Tell us again how Von would be a terrible pick.:thumbs:

Your takes are always special (ed).

TonyR
01-30-2012, 07:08 AM
Based on what is he "head and Shoulders" above Tebow?

Serious question: how many NFL FO's do you think would take Tebow over Newton if they had the choice?

jhns
01-30-2012, 07:17 AM
Serious question: how many NFL FO's do you think would take Tebow over Newton if they had the choice?

Only the ones that like winning.

Dedhed
01-30-2012, 07:19 AM
:~ohyah!: Who cares! Cam is already a much better QB as a rookie starting out of the gate and will be a good NFL QB in time. Tebow cant even get Elways vote of confidence after his 2nd season.

Sure did...Drew Brees twice, Matt Ryan twice, Aaron Rodgers, Cutler, Matt Hasselbeck, Matt Stafford....thats 8 games with some pretty good QB's right there.

Orton was a part of your team this year. Im not buying the inside info excuse. Fan speak for "it wasnt Tebows fault". He was awful in that game and finished the year completing under 50% of his passes.

Newton was outplayed by Tebow? I dont think so. Pretty sure nobody would take Tebow over Newton if givin the choice.

Nobody cares about preseason. Newton was a rookie. He had a damn good rookie season so yea he had a lot of turnovers but that isnt unexpected as a rookie. News flash..they usually struggle.

The rules DO make it easier for QB's these days and Tebow again couldnt complete 50% of his passes in a league that had two QB's break a 25 year old yardage record and a 3rd came close.

Killed? Really? Cam Newton is a pretty good runner himself. He just dont run as much as Tebow because he can actually throw. Newton is 248 lbs...which is more than Tebow weighs. The guy who is going to get killed the way they play is Tebow. He didnt even play in 16 games this year and after the last game, they said he was pretty banged up.

Take off the rose colored glasses!!Of course all of this assumes that leading a team to wins has nothing to do with being the better player.

Jay3
01-30-2012, 07:22 AM

Take off the rose colored glasses!!

Newton runs it about as much as Tebow, in an offense that is not nearly as run-oriented. The Broncos should use Tebow's running ability more like the Panthers use Newton's.

Newton didn't look good yesterday. I don't know why that has to be such a hard truth to swallow. If Tebow threw 9-27 with 3 interceptions in a loss, I would say he did not play well.

And it was against pro bowl defense.

oubronco
01-30-2012, 07:30 AM
Wow I ask a simple question to macgruber to see how he would react and look at all the panties that got all twisted up LOL

You guys are so predictable Hilarious!

Dedhed
01-30-2012, 07:32 AM
Id take Cam Newton over Tebow everyday.
That's because you support a franchise that took Rivers over Brees, and have a retarded notion of what a QB should be.

Dedhed
01-30-2012, 08:27 AM
Wow I ask a simple question to macgruber to see how he would react and look at all the panties that got all twisted up LOL

You guys are so predictable Hilarious!

Here's a simple question; Who has the most playoff wins?

Tebow
Newton
Orton
Cassel
McCoy
Stafford
Dalton
Bradford

jhns
01-30-2012, 08:39 AM
Here's a simple question; Who has the most playoff wins?

Tebow
Newton
Orton
Cassel
McCoy
Stafford
Dalton
Bradford

It is obvious that Tebow has the best team around him. This is proven by the 1-4 start and them being the second worst team in the league last season. QB is the only thing hopding the Broncos back...

Boltjolt
01-30-2012, 09:59 AM
Newton runs it about as much as Tebow, in an offense that is not nearly as run-oriented. The Broncos should use Tebow's running ability more like the Panthers use Newton's.

Newton didn't look good yesterday. I don't know why that has to be such a hard truth to swallow. If Tebow threw 9-27 with 3 interceptions in a loss, I would say he did not play well.

And it was against pro bowl defense.

Well lets take a look with the rose colored glasses off

Carolina rushing rank= #3

Broncos rushing rank= #1

Newton rush att in 16 starts =122

Tebow in 11 starts= 128

Carolina defense rank= 28th

Broncos defense rank=20th

Newton pass attempts=517

Tebow pass attempts=271

Newton pass%= 60%

Tebow =46.5%

Newton QB rating = 84.5

Tebow rating= 72.9

Newton Yards passing= 4,051

Tebow= 1,729

Please tell me you wouldnt be excited about Tebow if he had those stats! Hec your excited now and he stinks as a passer.
Denver runs Tebow more than Newton runs and i keep seeing how posters here say your OL is awful yet you were number one in rushing. The only thing holding your team back is Tebow and as a Charger fan, im glad he will be the #1 going into TC.

Boltjolt
01-30-2012, 10:05 AM
Of course all of this assumes that leading a team to wins has nothing to do with being the better player.

Peyton Manning and Troy Aikman disagree who won 1 game each as rookies. Peyton had 28 INTs, Aikman had 18. Ben wasnt that great as a rookie but his team was good. I guess you guys like being blinded by your own players. You were by Cutler too,..who is now a pretty decent QB but still a butthead.

jhns
01-30-2012, 10:09 AM
Peyton Manning and Troy Aikman disagree who won 1 game each as rookies. Peyton had 28 INTs, Aikman had 18. Ben wasnt that great as a rookie but his team was good. I guess you guys like being blinded by your own players. You were by Cutler too,..who is now a pretty decent QB but still a butthead.

This team was 1-4 without Tebow this year. They were 4-14 over the last two years. Tebow starts, we win the division and a playoff game.

Dolt fan conclusion: Tebow is the only thing holding this team back.

Smart.

HorseHead
01-30-2012, 10:38 AM
Newton is "head and shoulders above Tebow"...no he's not..., no knobbin' here. Cam has better touch on intermediate passes, throws a much prettier ball.., but makes some dumb mistakes, as one would expect. Threw a lot of picks this year...

Re the Panthers: changed their logo a bit. Sorry no link, apologies for the stealth hijack.

TonyR
01-30-2012, 10:51 AM
Only the ones that like winning.

I notice you avoided answering the questoin, as did the poster I addressed it to.

oubronco
01-30-2012, 10:54 AM
This team was 1-4 without Tebow this year. They were 4-14 over the last two years. Tebow starts, we win the division and a playoff game.

Smart.

Or it could've been Orton holding the TEAM back

BroncoBen
01-30-2012, 10:54 AM
Not really impressed.................

This is one game I wouldn't mind seeing being cancelled...

GreatBronco16
01-30-2012, 10:58 AM

Well this is a question that can not really have a correct answer. So I'll say half the teams would take Tebow over Newton.

Now, you go and prove that I'm wrong. I'll wait right here for your proof. But I won't hold my breath.

zdoor
01-30-2012, 10:58 AM
Newton is "head and shoulders above Tebow"...no he's not..., no knobbin' here. Cam has better touch on intermediate passes, throws a much prettier ball.., but makes some dumb mistakes, as one would expect. Threw a lot of picks this year...

Re the Panthers: changed their logo a bit. Sorry no link, apologies for the stealth hijack.

This....

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 11:02 AM
Well this is a question that can not really have a correct answer. So I'll say half the teams would take Tebow over Newton.

Now, you go and prove that I'm wrong. I'll wait right here for your proof. But I won't hold my breath.
Judging by who was drafted first is proof enough.

BroncoBeavis
01-30-2012, 11:08 AM
Or it could've been Orton holding the TEAM back

Oh great. Now team "Orton gives us the best chance to win" starts telling us Orton was the real reason the whole team struggled for two years.

Make it stop.

GreatBronco16
01-30-2012, 11:11 AM
Judging by who was drafted first is proof enough.

Two different drafts and two different circumstances for both QBs. You can't compare it like that when everything else around it is completely different.

Do you think if Newton entered the draft not being the current Heisman winner and BCS champion in the same year Tebow was drafted, that he would have went #1? I think not.

StugotsIII
01-30-2012, 11:11 AM
Newton is Tebow...only bigger, stronger, faster and can throw a football.

Newton>Tebow

GreatBronco16
01-30-2012, 11:13 AM

Newton>Tebow

No way is Newton stronger than Tebow.:giggle:

TonyR
01-30-2012, 11:13 AM

You shouldn't because there's no way to prove it. I was interested to see what people thought. I think you're very wrong, and think it would be near unanimous in favor of Newton. But that's just logic, rationality, and reason speaking.

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 11:14 AM
Two different drafts and two different circumstances for both QBs. You can't compare it like that when everything else around it is completely different.

Do you think if Newton entered the draft not being the current Heisman winner and BCS champion in the same year Tebow was drafted, that he would have went #1? I think not.

So you think not entering the draft after Tebow won the heisman hurt his draft status or winning the championship hurt his draft status.

StugotsIII
01-30-2012, 11:17 AM
I think Newton would make the spread option pretty unstoppable in the NFL...

Tebow showed it can work in the NFL, even without being able to throw the ball on a consistent basis.

Newton would bring that aspect to the offense and would make it very difficult to stop.

PS. Anyone judging Newton by a Pro Bowl appearance is silly. I saw him play vs. Bears in person and he torched a really good defense for over 400 yards total offense and 3 TD's...

But hey...he played poorly after a week of practice with a bunch of strangers so he sucks...

oubronco
01-30-2012, 11:18 AM
Oh great. Now team "Orton gives us the best chance to win" starts telling us Orton was the real reason the whole team struggled for two years.

Make it stop.

Woah there compadre i was never for Orton ever!!

He sucks and there shouldn't be anyone who says he doesn't

GreatBronco16
01-30-2012, 11:19 AM
But that's just logic, rationality, and reason speaking.

No, it's just you throwing crap at a wall and seeing if it sticks.

GreatBronco16
01-30-2012, 11:22 AM
So you think not entering the draft after Tebow won the heisman hurt his draft status or winning the championship hurt his draft status.

Well, you never know. There are many more factors.

GreatBronco16
01-30-2012, 11:24 AM
You shouldn't because there's no way to prove it. I was interested to see what people thought. I think you're very wrong, and think it would be near unanimous in favor of Newton.

Oh yeah, thanks for playing the guessing game.:giggle:

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 11:27 AM
Well, you never know. There are many more factors.

Newton didn't go into the NFL draft needing to change everything about his throwing motion like Tebow. We all know if it wasn't for McD's crazy ass Tebow wouldn't have been drafted in the first round. Newton was the number one over all pick and would have been picked by pretty much every team in the top 10 as well. This gives us a pretty good idea of what FO's think of the two players.

Boltjolt
01-30-2012, 11:44 AM

Smart.

Orton beat your team this year. Tebow scored 3 points and was awful. Your defense was ranked near last when Orton was the QB.

You gave up over 500 yards to GB, over 400 to Cincinatti and 332 of that to Dalton in his 2nd start. In the loss to Oakland, Orton didnt lose that game. You couldnt run the ball with Knowburst and you fumbled 4 times losing two and Orton went for over 300 while Oakland ran for 200. Then we had almost 500 yards. Then you beat an 0-5 Miami team and then got killed by Detroit giving up nearly 400 yards while Tebow had 4 turnovers. Then your defense went on a good streak.

You scored 209 pts with Tebow as the starting QB and 14 of those came from a defensive TD and a punt return for a 17 point ave for the offense and you got a gift from Marion Barber to win a game where you scored 13 points when they had Caleb Haney at QB.
Please....you should be glad Elway sees it for what it is because your fanbase does not. As i said, im glad he is going to be the #1 QB going into TC. I mean who else you got? Quinn?
Tebowmania is funny in here. When he plays awful and wins, he is a great player, when he plays awful and you lose because your defense didnt play well, Tebow stinks...:thumbs:

To say he is better than Newton is ridiculous and again...i doubt any body would take Tebow over him if givin the choice. Newton is going to be far and away a better QB .....hec he already is.

jhns
01-30-2012, 12:06 PM
I notice you avoided answering the questoin, as did the poster I addressed it to.

Actually, I did answer the question. You should work on passing the second grade before trying to use a medium based on reading.

jhns
01-30-2012, 12:09 PM
Orton beat your team this year. Tebow scored 3 points and was awful. Your defense was ranked near last when Orton was the QB.

You gave up over 500 yards to GB, over 400 to Cincinatti and 332 of that to Dalton in his 2nd start. In the loss to Oakland, Orton didnt lose that game. You couldnt run the ball with Knowburst and you fumbled 4 times losing two and Orton went for over 300 while Oakland ran for 200. Then we had almost 500 yards. Then you beat an 0-5 Miami team and then got killed by Detroit giving up nearly 400 yards while Tebow had 4 turnovers. Then your defense went on a good streak.

You scored 209 pts with Tebow as the starting QB and 14 of those came from a defensive TD and a punt return for a 17 point ave for the offense and you got a gift from Marion Barber to win a game where you scored 13 points when they had Caleb Haney at QB.
Please....you should be glad Elway sees it for what it is because your fanbase does not. As i said, im glad he is going to be the #1 QB going into TC. I mean who else you got? Quinn?
Tebowmania is funny in here. When he plays awful and wins, he is a great player, when he plays awful and you lose because your defense didnt play well, Tebow stinks...:thumbs:

To say he is better than Newton is ridiculous and again...i doubt any body would take Tebow over him if givin the choice. Newton is going to be far and away a better QB .....hec he already is.

4-14 without Tebow. Division champs with Tebow. We get it, you don't understand football.

Jay3
01-30-2012, 12:16 PM
Please tell me you wouldnt be excited about Tebow if he had those stats! Hec your excited now and he stinks as a passer.

Absolutely, I think the sky's the limit for Cam in the NFL. I think I'd rather him than Andrew Luck.

But I don't understand why it's so hard to conclude he had a lousy game yesterday.

Maybe it's because, if you allow for a minute that a quarterback with a bright future can have horrible stats in a losing game, then maybe Tebow's last postseason game doesn't mean he can't play at this level, either.

Maybe, just maybe, Cam stepped into a good situation offensively, one that was geared to help him succeed, and he made the most of it. Because in an environment yesterday where it was more vanilla NFL, he crapped the bed.

Dedhed
01-30-2012, 12:30 PM

Newton>Tebow

Funny, I don't see any mention of leadership or decision making ability. I am shocked.

Dedhed
01-30-2012, 12:32 PM

Yes, because Tebow took over a great football team, that explains why he won games. Good take.

Dedhed
01-30-2012, 12:35 PM

You asked a stupid question that can only be answered in a completely subjective manner. It doesn't deserve answering.

I noticed you didn't answer my simple question about who's won more playoff games. Which, by the way, can be answered with complete objectivity, which makes me think it will have no value to you.

jhns
01-30-2012, 12:36 PM
Newton wouldn't have taken this team to the playoffs.

Dedhed
01-30-2012, 12:38 PM
Tebow scored 3 points and was awful. Your defense was ranked near last when Orton was the QB.

Tebow beat Phillys in your house, and Rivers has a far better supporting cast.

Our defense was handicapped by Orton's 9 TOs in 4.5 games. Not that difficult to figure out genius.

go_broncos
01-30-2012, 12:49 PM
Tebow > Newton > SAM BRADFORD..

cmhargrove
01-30-2012, 12:53 PM
Why don't we just listen to Cam himself, he couldn't have put it any better. Rrrrroooooaaar, he's a lion!

"What happens when you take a lion out of the safari and try to take him to your place of residence and make him a house pet? It ain't going to happen. That's the type of person that I am. I'm that lion. The house that I'm in is somewhat of a tarnished house where losing is accepted. But I'm trying to change that, whether I'm going to have to turn that house into a safari, or I'm just going to have to get out of that house. I'm not saying I'm trying to leave this place. I'm just trying to get everybody on my level."

bendog
01-30-2012, 12:54 PM
They dissed Tim.

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 12:55 PM
Tebow > Newton > SAM BRADFORD..

Bradford will be a million times better without out Josh all I do is get fired McDaniels calling his plays.

Dedhed
01-30-2012, 12:59 PM
I think you're very wrong, and think it would be near unanimous in favor of Newton. But that's just logic, rationality, and reason speaking.

What you mistake for logic, rationality, and reason is, in reality, nothing but unbridled subjectivity and it speaks volumes that you are completely ignorant of the difference.

Dedhed
01-30-2012, 01:01 PM
Why don't we just listen to Cam himself, he couldn't have put it any better. Rrrrroooooaaar, he's a lion!

"I'm a 'me first' toolbox who will alienate my teammates in short order.I'm a 'me first' toolbox who will alienate my teammates in short orderI'm a 'me first' toolbox who will alienate my teammates in short orderI'm a 'me first' toolbox who will alienate my teammates in short orderI'm a 'me first' toolbox who will alienate my teammates in short orderI'm a 'me first' toolbox who will alienate my teammates in short orderI'm a 'me first' toolbox who will alienate my teammates in short orderI'm a 'me first' toolbox who will alienate my teammates in short orderI'm a 'me first' toolbox who will alienate my teammates in short order"
Fixed for those who can't read between the lines.

Garcia Bronco
01-30-2012, 01:03 PM
Man...I don't know if Cam is better than Tim. All I know is that I forgot the Pro Bowl was even on yesterday. I think had Tim been playing; I would have watched. I'd imagine that's the same for more people.

go_broncos
01-30-2012, 01:04 PM
Bradford will be a million times better without out Josh all I do is get fired McDaniels calling his plays.

Nope..Bradford sucks...Never a winner..Lost to Tebow..

I will take Tebow and i am glad he is our QB.

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 01:05 PM
Tebow is better then any QB in the NFL.

Fixed for those who can't read between the lines

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 01:07 PM
Nope..Bradford sucks...Never a winner..Lost to Tebow..

I will take Tebow and i am glad he is our QB.

You're right lossing to a QB in college means he is the better NFL QB. :rofl:

Dedhed
01-30-2012, 01:10 PM
Fixed for those who can't read between the lines

Then any QB what?

TheReverend
01-30-2012, 01:15 PM

Newton>Tebow

Newton is bigger and faster but isn't stronger, as athletic or explosive.

Newton throws a prettier ball but lacks the decision making Tim has.

Newton is all about himself while Tim is all about his teammates and leadership and setting a better example through a relentless work ethic.

Dedhed
01-30-2012, 01:18 PM

Newton is all about himself while Tim is all about his teammates and leadership and setting a better example through a relentless work ethic.
Come on Rev, none of that matters. You know that. Neither does winning games. All the matters is the spiral.

TheReverend
01-30-2012, 01:19 PM
Come on Rev, none of that matters. You know that. Neither does winning games. All the matters is the spiral.

Don't forget comp %. That's why Ponder is playing in the superbowl already

go_broncos
01-30-2012, 01:24 PM
You're right lossing to a QB in college means he is the better NFL QB. :rofl:

In this case..Yes..

Get used to Tebow as he is going to be our QB for another 10-12 years..

StugotsIII
01-30-2012, 01:26 PM

True...

He is totally full of himself...which is ugly and I hate it.

I would say he's definitely more explosive and more athletic...

Both are damn good football players that could learn from one another...

Gort
01-30-2012, 01:28 PM

"What happens when you take a lion out of the safari and try to take him to your place of residence and make him a house pet? It ain't going to happen. That's the type of person that I am. I'm that lion. The house that I'm in is somewhat of a tarnished house where losing is accepted. But I'm trying to change that, whether I'm going to have to turn that house into a safari, or I'm just going to have to get out of that house. I'm not saying I'm trying to leave this place. I'm just trying to get everybody on my level."

e·go·tist (eg-tst, g-)
n.
1. A conceited, boastful person.
2. A selfish, self-centered person.

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 01:29 PM
Don't forget comp %. That's why Ponder is playing in the superbowl already

Do you think Brady would be playing in the SB this weekend if he completed 40% of his passes against the Ravens?

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 01:32 PM
In this case..Yes..

Get used to Tebow as he is going to be our QB for another 10-12 years..

I don't hate Tebow you clown. I was one of few posters happy when we drafted him on this board before it got flooded with UF fans. As for you saying he will be here 10-12 years we will see. If Elway doesn't see improvement next year, Tebow will be gone.

BroncoBeavis
01-30-2012, 01:33 PM
Absolutely, I think the sky's the limit for Cam in the NFL. I think I'd rather him than Andrew Luck.

But I don't understand why it's so hard to conclude he had a lousy game yesterday.

Maybe it's because, if you allow for a minute that a quarterback with a bright future can have horrible stats in a losing game, then maybe Tebow's last postseason game doesn't mean he can't play at this level, either.

Maybe, just maybe, Cam stepped into a good situation offensively, one that was geared to help him succeed, and he made the most of it. Because in an environment yesterday where it was more vanilla NFL, he crapped the bed.

Said it before. Will say it again. Go watch some Cam highlights. 75% consist of guys getting WIDE open in 3-4 wide sets, or stud receiver (aka Steve Smith) making a spectacular grab in traffic.

No reason to think Tebow wouldn't be similarly successful in that same kind of set up. It's where he and Cam excel. And there's no reason to believe that Cam would have anything resembling his passing numbers running 2WR sets with linemen constantly checking in to play TE.

jhns
01-30-2012, 01:39 PM
I don't hate Tebow you clown. I was one of few posters happy when we drafted him on this board before it got flooded with UF fans. As for you saying he will be here 10-12 years we will see. If Elway doesn't see improvement next year, Tebow will be gone.

You don't hate Tebow. You just get upset every time someone makes an argument that favors him, or says anything negative about any other QB.

That sure makes sense...

Butterscotch Stallion
01-30-2012, 01:50 PM
Do you think Brady would be playing in the SB this weekend if he completed 40% of his passes against the Ravens?

if those 40% were enough to win the game, then, yeah.

Tebow haters aren't very good at using logic I have noticed.

Tebow completed two passes against the Chiefs and we won. remember? people that care about numbers are people that dont care about applying wisdom to them. Its like how a child thinks.

"but dad, nickels are bigger than dimes."

TheReverend
01-30-2012, 01:57 PM
True...

He is totally full of himself...which is ugly and I hate it.

Both are damn good football players that could learn from one another...

There are measurable figures that prove Tim is dramatically more explosive and athletic.

TheReverend
01-30-2012, 01:58 PM

...Did you not see his performance against the Ravens?

2 INTs, 0 TDs, 230 yards a 57.5 QB rating.

One of the poorer play off QB performances outside of Roethlisberger in the super bowl.

That's worse than Tebow on average without including Tebow's rushing effectiveness.

Dedhed
01-30-2012, 02:01 PM

You would say that, however pretty much every measure of explosiveness and athleticism from the combine says otherwise.

TonyR
01-30-2012, 02:02 PM
You should work on passing the second grade...

Not even a second grade teacher would accept that non-answer you gave.

jhns
01-30-2012, 02:02 PM
Not even a second grade teacher would accept that non-answer you gave.

It is a very clear answer.

TonyR
01-30-2012, 02:12 PM
You asked a stupid question that can only be answered in a completely subjective manner. It doesn't deserve answering.

So you can't give an opinion? We don't do that here? And why doesn't it "deserve answering"? Because the most likely answer wouldn't support your argument

I noticed you didn't answer my simple question about who's won more playoff games. Which, by the way, can be answered with complete objectivity, which makes me think it will have no value to you.

I don't see where you directly asked me a question. But the answer is rhetorical. So unlike my question, to which an opinion can be formed and presented, there is no reason to answer yours.

And what's the value? Is Alex Smith better than Drew Brees because the Niners beat the Saints?

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 02:15 PM
...Did you not see his performance against the Ravens?

2 INTs, 0 TDs, 230 yards a 57.5 QB rating.

One of the poorer play off QB performances outside of Roethlisberger in the super bowl.

That's worse than Tebow on average without including Tebow's rushing effectiveness.

He still completed over 50% of his passes. I see ZERO wrong with wanting Tebow to improve in this area.

jhns
01-30-2012, 02:18 PM
He still completed over 50% of his passes. I see ZERO wrong with wanting Tebow to improve in this area.

So completion percentage is the only thing that matters? You do realize Tebow has a winning record, right? You do realize that most would say Brady had a bad game, right?

Butterscotch Stallion
01-30-2012, 02:24 PM

NOthing is wrong with that. We all want it to improve.

However, it is way down the list of important things. Winning is the most important.

You know that thing that happened once we started Tebow.

Wins, remember those.

Taco said this place wouldn't suck so much once we started winning. Guess he underestimated the hate of morons.

Dedhed
01-30-2012, 02:25 PM
So you can't give an opinion? We don't do that here? And why doesn't it "deserve answering"? Because the most likely answer wouldn't support your argumentYou are a complete half wit. I think at least half of the GMs in the league would take Tebow over Newton. How does that not support my argument.

You'll now make a completely subjective statement and hold it as evidence that my opinion doesn't make sense because your completely subjective opinion is different.

That's why your question doesn't deserve answering, because it's a stupid circular argument.

I don't see where you directly asked me a question. But the answer is rhetorical. So unlike my question, to which an opinion can be formed and presented, there is no reason to answer yours.

And what's the value? Is Alex Smith better than Drew Brees because the Niners beat the Saints?
The value is that playoff success is a pretty good measure of progress, and Alex Smith was better on the only day that mattered.

Dedhed
01-30-2012, 02:27 PM
So completion percentage is the only thing that matters?
No no. What the spiral looks like and what each of us projects about what GMs would take Tebow over Newton also matters. Please pay attention. It's the only way to measure a QB.

StugotsIII
01-30-2012, 02:38 PM
There are measurable figures that prove Tim is dramatically more explosive and athletic.

Define explosive and athletic:

Newton

AYPC:

Long Run:

TD Rushing:
14 (NFL Record)

Tebow:

AYPC:

Long Run:

TD Rushing:

From the NFL combine:

Newton Tebow Advantage
40 4.56 4.71 Newton
20 2.6 2.66 Newton
10 1.58 1.55 Tebow
Verticle 35 38.5 Tebow
Broad 10'06" 9'7" Newton
20 Shuffle 4.18 4.17 Tebow
3 Cone 6.92 6.66 Tebow

Slight edge to Tebow on the measurables from the combine...but I'll take Newton's accuracy over Tebow's superior athletic ability.

What QB will have more success in the spread option?

Can't call Tebow "dramatically" more athletic than Newton, that's for sure.

TheReverend
01-30-2012, 02:49 PM
Slight edge to Tebow on the measurables from the combine...but I'll take Newton's accuracy over Tebow's superior athletic ability.

That's a lot of work just to agree with what I said to you.

TheReverend
01-30-2012, 02:50 PM

lol "He had one of the worst games of his career and even said in his post game presser 'I sucked today' but he completed 50% of his passes!"

gtfo buddy

bowtown
01-30-2012, 02:54 PM

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/002/135/sw50sw8sw578.gif

StugotsIII
01-30-2012, 02:54 PM
That's a lot of work just to agree with what I said to you.

I don't agree with what you said....please read the whole thing....

The word "slight" and "dramatically more" are different...

Tombstone RJ
01-30-2012, 02:55 PM

wow, dude is truly an egomaniac. here's my translation: "It's never my fault when we lose."

LongDongJohnson
01-30-2012, 02:58 PM
Pro bowl doesnt mean jack. Besides, tebow freakin sucks. Id take newton anyday. Newton is more athletic and can actually complete half his passes.

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 03:05 PM
lol "He had one of the worst games of his career and even said in his post game presser 'I sucked today' but he completed 50% of his passes!"

gtfo buddy

He played bad and if he would have played worse the Pats would have lost. That is the point. You won't find very many winning QB's in playoff history that is completed less then 50% of his passes.

TheReverend
01-30-2012, 03:06 PM
I don't agree with what you said....please read the whole thing....

The word "slight" and "dramatically more" are different...

We should change it to slightly faster and slightly bigger, if that's your interpretation.

TheReverend
01-30-2012, 03:08 PM
He played bad and if he would have played worse the Pats would have lost. That is the point. You won't find very many winning QB's in playoff history that is completed less then 50% of his passes.

No, man, this time you don't have a point.

Your point was that Tebow comp % wouldn't have been enough to beat the Ravens, but you referenced a historically bad QB performance to try and do so...

bendog
01-30-2012, 03:09 PM
wow, dude is truly an egomaniac. here's my translation: "It's never my fault when we lose."

He's a jerk, but a really talented jerk. And he hasn't raped anyone. Don't think he's got an illegitimate kids he doesn't support either.

StugotsIII
01-30-2012, 03:12 PM
We should change it to slightly faster and slightly bigger, if that's your interpretation.

It's okay for you to be wrong...

TheReverend
01-30-2012, 03:15 PM
It's okay for you to be wrong...

I don't see what you're angling for here... the only explosion measurable Scam beat Tim in is broad jump. He lost every single other. Several in dramatic fashion.

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 03:15 PM
No, man, this time you don't have a point.

Your point was that Tebow comp % wouldn't have been enough to beat the Ravens, but you referenced a historically bad QB performance to try and do so...

So you don't believe the higher the Comp % increases your odds of winning the game from the QB factor of the game? As you said Brady claimed that was his worse game ever and he still completed about 50% of his passes. Shouldn't we want a QB that says that?

bendog
01-30-2012, 03:16 PM
I don't see what you're angling for here... the only explosion measurable Scam beat Tim in is broad jump. He lost every single other. Several in dramatic fashion.

Did you even watch any Car game this year? Seriously. LOL

TheReverend
01-30-2012, 03:18 PM
Did you even watch any Car game this year? Seriously. LOL

Yes. Sadly, though, you clearly didn't watch any Denver games.

Creepy ****in douche.

bendog
01-30-2012, 03:19 PM
Yes. Sadly, though, you clearly didn't watch any Denver games.

Creepy ****in douche.

yeah, tell me about shanny getting washington strait

**** you sperm bucket

TheReverend
01-30-2012, 03:20 PM
So you don't believe the higher the Comp % increases your odds of winning the game from the QB factor of the game? As you said Brady claimed that was his worse game ever and he still completed about 50% of his passes. Shouldn't we want a QB that says that?

1. You're ONLY looking at comp % here. Not YPA, YPC, TD:INT, and rushing statistics. That's why this is so absurd.

2. We HAVE a QB that says that and takes responsibility for ANYTHING negative that happens in a game.

TheReverend
01-30-2012, 03:22 PM
yeah, tell me about shanny getting washington strait

**** you sperm bucket

http://orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3479962&postcount=19

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 03:23 PM
I can say 100% if Tebow completed 76% of his passes and Brady completed 34% Denver moves on to play Balt in the championship game.

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 03:28 PM
1. You're ONLY looking at comp % here. Not YPA, YPC, TD:INT, and rushing statistics. That's why this is so absurd.

2. We HAVE a QB that says that and takes responsibility for ANYTHING negative that happens in a game.

1. He needs to improve period. Drives end when you don't complete passes.

2. That's fine but he gets pretty much 100% of the credit when we win so its only fair.

TheReverend
01-30-2012, 03:32 PM
I can say 100% if Tebow completed 76% of his passes and Brady completed 34% Denver moves on to play Balt in the championship game.

The **** you can.

Matt Cassel doubled Tim's completion % in a loss.

Carson Palmer 10% higher in a ROUTE.

Matt Moore and Mark Sanchez 50% (respectively) more in a loss.

Drew Brees went over 60% while Alex Smith barely crested 50.

This is quite simply the most myopic string of posts I've ever seen from you. It's disappointing.

jhns
01-30-2012, 03:33 PM

Tebow has a winning record. Elway had **** comoletion percentages. This makes your theory pretty stupid.

TheReverend
01-30-2012, 03:33 PM
1. He needs to improve period. Drives end when you don't complete passes.

Stop the ****ing presses.

A player with 16 starts needs to improve?!?!?!?!?

2. That's fine but he gets pretty much 100% of the credit when we win so its only fair.

In comparison to the condition of the team without him, he deserves it.

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 03:42 PM
Stop the ****ing presses.

A player with 16 starts needs to improve?!?!?!?!?

You trash other QB's with as many starts to defend Tebow.

In comparison to the condition of the team without him, he deserves it.

No he doesn't

TheReverend
01-30-2012, 03:45 PM
No he doesn't

What?

I don't even understand your post... No he doesn't "what" and when have I trashed any rookie passer outside of Blaine Gabbert?

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 03:55 PM
The **** you can.

Matt Cassel doubled Tim's completion % in a loss.

Carson Palmer 10% higher in a ROUTE.

Matt Moore and Mark Sanchez 50% (respectively) more in a loss.

Drew Brees went over 60% while Alex Smith barely crested 50.

This is quite simply the most myopic string of posts I've ever seen from you. It's disappointing.

Matt Cassel did not double his %. He completed half of his passes. Flacco completed 75% of his passes that day. Guy with the higher comp% won

Sanchez completed 80% of his passes, Palmer was at 50% of his passes. Again the guy with the higher comp % won.

Matt Moore has never made the playoffs man.

Brees did did have a higher comp % then Smith and lost.

I stand by my point that odds are the guy with the higher comp % wins in the playoffs more often then not.

StugotsIII
01-30-2012, 03:56 PM

Dramatic fashion?

Do tell?

Why didn't that equate to Tebow having better rushing numbers?

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 03:56 PM
What?

I don't even understand your post... No he doesn't "what" and when have I trashed any rookie passer outside of Blaine Gabbert?

No he shouldn't get all the credit for a win in a team sport.

MagicHef
01-30-2012, 03:58 PM
Matt Cassel did not double his %. He completed half of his passes. Flacco completed 75% of his passes that day. Guy with the higher comp% won

Sanchez completed 80% of his passes, Palmer was at 50% of his passes. Again the guy with the higher comp % won.

I stand by my point that odds are the guy with the higher comp % wins in the playoffs more often then not.

Tim Flacco? Never heard of him.

underrated29
01-30-2012, 04:11 PM
WOW what a bunch of pinapples up the asses of many here.

Newton- did not look good in the probowl. He did not! Get over it. Cam looked pretty damn crappy. A couple picks a td and errant tebow esque passes.

Its the Pro Bowl, the best of the bes and Cam looked like CRAP. ACCEPT IT!

How the hell this compares to tebow I have no clue. Tebow was not in the pro bowl. Why arent we comparing this to tony romo or carson palmer or kyle orton, or joe flacco, or tarvaris jackson, or matt hasselbeck, or colt mccoy or sam bradford.

WHY ARENT YOU COMPARING NEWTONS AWFUL PERFORMANCE TO THEM?

None of them are in the pro bowl, just like tebow!

Some people are so anal and uptight. They let their love or hate for tebow blind them. I do not understand how tebow comes into play at all. Newton did not look good. Thats it, thats all.

Where is the rogers comparison to alex smith. Or the phillip rivers comparison to matt ryan?

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 04:16 PM
Tim Flacco? Never heard of him.

Awesome cause I didn't call Flacco Tim.

TheReverend
01-30-2012, 04:16 PM
Matt Cassel did not double his %. He completed half of his passes.

:rofl:

...and stopped reading. Tim completed 25% that day....

brother love
01-30-2012, 04:25 PM

Elway was a career 56% passer while Kyle Orton is a 59% passer. The NFL's all-time leader in completion percentage is Chad Pennington. Completion pecentage is overrated.

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 04:25 PM
:rofl:

...and stopped reading. Tim completed 25% that day....

If By 25% you mean 34.6% then yes.

9 for 26

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 04:26 PM
Elway was a career 56% passer while Kyle Orton is a 59% passer. The NFL's all-time leader in completion percentage is Chad Pennington. Completion pecentage is overrated.

How many times does this need to be said the NFL now isn't the same when Elway played.

TheReverend
01-30-2012, 04:27 PM
If By 25% you mean 34.6% then yes.

9 for 26

Are you on drugs?

2 for 8

Thats 25%

StugotsIII
01-30-2012, 04:30 PM
Do people really think Tebow is better than Newton...REALLY?

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 04:30 PM
Are you on drugs?

2 for 8

Thats 25%

So Tebow only threw the ball 8 times vs the Pats?

TheReverend
01-30-2012, 04:32 PM
So Tebow only threw the ball 8 times vs the Pats?

http://menversus.com/images/bertstare.jpg

...What in the **** are you talking about?

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 04:33 PM
http://menversus.com/images/bertstare.jpg

...What in the **** are you talking about?

What the **** are you talking about. What game did Tebow go 2 for 8?

MagicHef
01-30-2012, 04:34 PM
Awesome cause I didn't call Flacco Tim.

Weird. Rev said that Cassel doubled Tim's completion %, and you responded that no, Flacco had a higher percentage than Cassel.

Just strange.

TheReverend
01-30-2012, 04:35 PM

Against Matt Cassel when Cassel doubled his completion % and lost. I hope you're drunk.

Jesus I'm honestly embarrassed for you so I'm just going to leave this conversation because I like you. You're welcome.

StugotsIII

KC...

DBroncos4life
I get what you are talking about now.

MagicHef
01-30-2012, 04:36 PM

Maybe the game where Tebow was the QB for one team and Cassel was the QB for the other team, as was made clear in the first post on the subject.

BroncoBeavis
01-30-2012, 04:37 PM
How many times does this need to be said the NFL now isn't the same when Elway played.

As soon as you can show me a team that opens a game running on 8 straight 1st downs, we'll take the comparisons to Elway off the table.

You can't say "But this is a different era" while completely ignoring the fact that our gameplans are unlike anything ever seen in this era.

bendog
01-30-2012, 04:38 PM

It's beyond reason. LOL

Seriously, the passing completion has got to be upwards of 60% if the qb posittion is not a liability.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/seasontype/2

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 04:38 PM
I'm sitting here talking about QB's comp % in the playoffs and then reg season stats got brought into the convo.

MacGruder
01-30-2012, 04:42 PM

Yes. Anyone with half a brain... since when are junior college players so revered?

StugotsIII
01-30-2012, 04:44 PM
Yes. Anyone with half a brain... since when are junior college players so revered?

Since they break multiple meaningful NFL records as rookies...

MacGruder
01-30-2012, 04:45 PM
Newton didn't go into the NFL draft needing to change everything about his throwing motion like Tebow. We all know if it wasn't for McD's crazy ass Tebow wouldn't have been drafted in the first round. Newton was the number one over all pick and would have been picked by pretty much every team in the top 10 as well. This gives us a pretty good idea of what FO's think of the two players.

Yeah.. because Cam was riding the pine in college.. and in junior college. He had plenty of time to make changes to his mechanics to please NFL people.. yet his still throws picks all over the place and can't win games.

Tebow never had time to change his mechanics because he was dominating college football at the highest level all through college. This is why he waited to change those mechanics until he got in the NFL.

bendog
01-30-2012, 04:46 PM
I'm sitting here talking about QB's comp % in the playoffs and then reg season stats got brought into the convo.

Sorry. But, there's a reason as to why these two teams are still playing.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...rterbackRating

Rodgers was surprising. Rapesburger was hurt. Even Flacco was getting it done. It's interesting how Alex Smith didn't have turnovers. That killed NO in that upset.

bendog
01-30-2012, 04:48 PM
Yeah.. because Cam was riding the pine in college.. and in junior college. He had plenty of time to make changes to his mechanics to please NFL people.. yet his still throws picks all over the place and can't win games.

Tebow never had time to change his mechanics because he was dominating college football at the highest level all through college. This is why he waited to change those mechanics until he got in the NFL.

you're a parody, right? I mean you and Jhns live in a trailer on some land in Weld County TJ got cheap, and he keeps you and his servers there. It's the only logical explanation.

BroncoBeavis
01-30-2012, 04:50 PM
It's beyond reason. LOL

Seriously, the passing completion has got to be upwards of 60% if the qb posittion is not a liability.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/seasontype/2

I remember a Favronaut telling me how much better old zipfly was than Elway based on complete percentage.

I told him I could complete 60% of passes in the NFL if that was the goal. Just depends on what kind of passes you attempt.

Dedhed
01-30-2012, 04:53 PM

And yet you're talking about Cassel>>>Derp!

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 04:53 PM
Sorry. But, there's a reason as to why these two teams are still playing.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...rterbackRating

Rodgers was surprising. Rapesburger was hurt. Even Flacco was getting it done. It's interesting how Alex Smith didn't have turnovers. That killed NO in that upset.
As I said from the very beginning of this thread you will not find very many winning teams in play-off history when then QB throws for less then 50%. Hell I bet there is only a handful of teams in the history of the game to make it there with the QB with that low of numbers. Tebow is a gamer and he will improve on those numbers I have no doubt in my mind.

Dedhed
01-30-2012, 04:54 PM

Yes.

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 04:54 PM
And yet you're talking about Cassel>>>Derp!

I brought up Cassel vs Flacco dumbass.

StugotsIII
01-30-2012, 04:55 PM
Yes.

LOL

Dedhed
01-30-2012, 04:56 PM
LOL
People said the same thing when I said Tebow would hands down outplay Orton. Your little emoticon does not scare me.

Newton just had his best year as an NFL player.

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 04:57 PM
People said the same thing when I said Tebow would hands down outplay Orton. Your little emoticon does not scare me.

Most rookies do.

bendog
01-30-2012, 04:58 PM
I remember a Favronaut telling me how much better old zipfly was than Elway based on complete percentage.

I told him I could complete 60% of passes in the NFL if that was the goal. Just depends on what kind of passes you attempt.

Well, in 97 4 starters completed 60% and one was on the worst team in the league.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1997/passing.htm

But in 2011, all playoff starters completed over 60% but for Flacco, Dalton and Tebow, and alex smith who competed 56%. If a qb can't complete 60% in today's NFL he's a liability

StugotsIII
01-30-2012, 04:58 PM

Why would the emoticon scare you?

Dedhed
01-30-2012, 04:59 PM
He's a jerk, but a really talented jerk. .
You've just described Ryan Leaf.

bendog
01-30-2012, 05:00 PM
As I said from the very beginning of this thread you will not find very many winning teams in play-off history when then QB throws for less then 50%. Hell I bet there is only a handful of teams in the history of the game to make it there with the QB with that low of numbers. Tebow is a gamer and he will improve on those numbers I have no doubt in my mind.

I hope you're right, but it's a long climb he's got, and it's not like he is a rookie anymore. He's been in the league two full years, and he shows no grasp of an NFL passing game. At least the idiots have shut up with the "he'll revolutionize the way the position is played in the NFL."

MacGruder

Newton>Tebow

What on Earth makes you think cam is stronger than Tebow? Tebow weighs as much as Cam on a 3 inch shorter frame... I have heard countless tales about how strong Tebow is but nothing about Cam...

If Cam was anywhere near as good as Tebow as an athlete surely we would have seen Cam on the field when he was at Florida like Tebow was used to win their first championship.. but nope... he was in junior college instead...

Dedhed
Why would the emoticon scare you?

I said it doesn't, but you apparently think it's a witty retort. I see it more as a crutch used by the illiterate.

StugotsIII
01-30-2012, 05:01 PM

Cam Newton=Ryan Leaf?

bendog
01-30-2012, 05:01 PM

I can't hear you. There's an annoying buzzing sound ....

StugotsIII
01-30-2012, 05:02 PM
What on Earth makes you think cam is stronger than Tebow? Tebow weighs as muh as Cam on a 3 inch shorter frame... I have heard countless tales about how strong Tebow is but nothing about Cam...

If Cam was anywhere near as good as Tebow as an an athlete surely we would have seen Cam on the field when he was at Florida like Tebow was used to win their first championship.. but nope... he was in junior college instead...

Do you know why he was in junior college?

MacGruder
01-30-2012, 05:02 PM
I hope you're right, but it's a long climb he's got, and it's not like he is a rookie anymore. He's been in the league two full years, and he shows no grasp of an NFL passing game. At least the idiots have shut up with the "he'll revolutionize the way the position is played in the NFL."

He already has revolutionized the NFL considering he made the playoffs in a shortened season and won a playoff game against top D... not being able to grasp the NFL game...

Dedhed
01-30-2012, 05:04 PM
Most rookies do.Are you really this dim witted?

Now you're saying that most NFL players don't improve upon their rookie seasons?

There aren't words.

MacGruder
01-30-2012, 05:05 PM
Do you know why he was in junior college?

Yes.. because John Brantley beat him out as Tebow's backup... so cam had a meltdown and got himself kicked out of school..

His dad said the same in an interview online right before he left school.. said Cam couldn't win the backup job so had to go to short bus school...

StugotsIII
01-30-2012, 05:06 PM
Yes.. because John Brantley beat him out as Tebow's backup... so cam had a meltdown and got himself kicked out of school..

His dad said the same in an interview online right before he left school.. said Cam couldn't win the starting job so had to go to short bus school...

I could fill a library with what you don't know about football...

Newton was Tebow's backup, that is a fact.

Newton left because he was not welcome back...after cheating on numerous tests and stealing an expensive laptop and lying about it to police.

But hey, keep telling yourself he was beaten out...

PS. It's funny you get your information from a guy that accepted money for his son's services in college....he must be telling the truth...right?

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 05:07 PM
Are you really this dim witted?

Now you're saying that most NFL players don't improve upon their rookie seasons?

There aren't words.

You said he just had his best year in the NFL. Well it was his only year in the NFL to date so that would be correct of all ROOKIES.

MacGruder
01-30-2012, 05:11 PM

Newton left because he was not welcome back...after cheating on numerous tests and stealing an expensive laptop and lying about it to police.

PS. It's funny you get your information from a guy that accepted money for his son's services in college....he must be telling the truth...right?

WTF would Cam's dad lie to say his son couldn't beat out some scrub white boy in Florida's offense? LOL

You are completely delusional here.. where is the logic in that? Everyone knew all the trouble he was in.. there was absolutely no reason to say he couldn't beat out some scrub behind Tebow so he could go to junior college..

This is why when Cam went o Auburn he wasn't even the starter there going in.. and there was NO expectation about what he would do there that season.

bendog
01-30-2012, 05:12 PM

Is it possible that he doesn't know Cam went to Jr College AFTER leaving/being told to get out of Fla?

StugotsIII
01-30-2012, 05:16 PM
WTF would Cam's dad lie to say his son couldn't beat out some scrub white boy in Florida's offense? LOL

You are completely delusional here.. where is the logic in that? Everyone knew all the trouble he was in.. there was absolutely no reason to say he couldn't beat out some scrub behind Tebow so he could go to junior college..

This is why when Cam went o Auburn he wasn't even the starter there going in.. and there was NO expectation about what he would do there that season.

Cam was the starter the entire time at Auburn.

You aren't getting it...FLORIDA WASN'T ALLOWING NEWTON TO CONTINUE AT FLORIDA....So he went elsewhere...he didn't want to sit out a year so he played for a small school, then the next year was the #1 recruit in the nation.

Cam went to Auburn because his daddy told him to go there because Auburn paid for him to go.

These are FACTS.

It is ALSO a fact that Newton WAS Tebow's direct backup before leaving school...

MacGruder
01-30-2012, 05:22 PM
Is it possible that he doesn't know Cam went to Jr College AFTER leaving/being told to get out of Fla?

You guys are really clueless... it's incredible the fantasy world that has grown aground Cam... it's really inexplicable.. WTF has Cam ever done? He had one completely fluke overblown season on a loaded team ideally built for a run first QB,... then he had another completely overblown season that was a virtual carbon copy of Orton's season last year.. and people are still deluding their self..

It reminds me of this Matt Flynn madness based on selective memory..

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_uf/2009/01/exclusive-qb-ca.html

The former five-star recruit entered the 2008 season battling for the backup job with redshirt freshman John Brantley, who now appears to be the future of Florida once Tim Tebow leaves. Newton, an undeniably talented athlete, will end his Gators career with 113 rushing yards along with 6-of-12 passing for 54 yards.

Cecil said he never found closure from Florida Coach Urban Meyer about his son’s future as a Gator once Mullen left, though he understands the Gators have priorities while fighting for a national title.

"Was he No. 2 or No. 3? We never really did define that," Cecil said about Cam’s status in the lineup. "And the verdict is out on whether Tim will stay or go this season."

StugotsIII
01-30-2012, 05:25 PM
You guys are really clueless... it's incredible the fantasy world that has grown aground Cam... it's really inexplicable.. WTF has Cam ever done? He had one completely fluke overblown season on a loaded team ideally built for a run first QB,... then he had another completely overblown season that was a virtual carbon copy of Orton's season last year.. and people are still deluding their self..

It reminds me of this Matt Flynn madness based on selective memory..

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_uf/2009/01/exclusive-qb-ca.html

University of Florida

Newton, far left, with Dan Mullen, Tim Tebow, John Brantley, and Bryan Waggener during his freshman season at UF.
In 2007, as a freshman, Newton earned the spot over fellow freshman quarterback John Brantley as the back-up for star quarterback and eventual Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow. He played in five games and threw for 40 yards on 5-of-10 passing and ran the ball 16 times for 103 yards and three touchdowns.[12] In 2008, during his sophomore season, Newton played in the season opener against Hawaii, but then suffered an ankle injury and decided to take a medical redshirt season.[13]
On November 21, 2008, Newton was arrested for alleged theft of a laptop computer from a student at the University of Florida. He was subsequently suspended from the team after the laptop was found to be in his possession.[14] Campus police "tracked the stolen laptop to the athlete...Newton tossed the computer out his dorm window in a humorously ill-advised attempt to hide it from cops."[15] All charges against Newton were dropped after he completed a court-approved pre-trial diversion program. "I believe that a person should not be thought of as a bad person because of some senseless mistake that they made," said Newton in 2010. "I think every person should have a second chance. If they blow that second chance, so be it for them."[16] Newton announced his intention to transfer from Florida three days before the Gators' national championship win over Oklahoma.[12]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cam_Newton

Dedhed
01-30-2012, 05:28 PM
You said he just had his best year in the NFL. Well it was his only year in the NFL to date so that would be correct of all ROOKIES.
Wow. If this threads shown anything, it's that you have serious issues follow the flow of a conversation. I think it was clear that I was saying he's peaked and just had the best year he's ever going to have in the NFL.

MacGruder
01-30-2012, 05:31 PM
Cam was the starter the entire time at Auburn.

Not going into the season he wasn't... keep deluding yourself...

You aren't getting it...FLORIDA WASN'T ALLOWING NEWTON TO CONTINUE AT FLORIDA....So he went elsewhere..

Prove it. You claim that is a fact so prove it... they didn't even use cam when he wasn't in trouble.. only in garbage time. Hardly shows he was some dominant athlete as you claim..

he didn't want to sit out a year so he played for a small school, then the next year was the #1 recruit in the nation.

Cam went to Auburn because his daddy told him to go there because Auburn paid for him to go.

These are FACTS.

It is ALSO a fact that Newton WAS Tebow's direct backup before leaving school...

No.. those are delusions.. Cam's dad states the facts in the article...

MacGruder
01-30-2012, 05:42 PM
(Talk about competing for the starting job)
"One thing about me: I don't want nothing given to me. Because first off, if something's given to you, 'Here, you're the starter', then the respect level with your teammates, you're not going to have the same respect as if you earn everything that you get. So I want to earn, from earning Gatorade to earning the towel to earning anything. I want to earn all of my whatever. Because people are entitled to their own opinion about you. And if they see, oh, coach gave Cam the starting spot. No. They're going to say Cam earned the starting spot, and if I'm not the starter, it's because the person worked harder than me."

(Talk about your departure from Florida)
"While I was at Florida, of course a lot of people think I got kicked out of Florida. I did not get kicked out of Florida. I transferred from Florida. I had a legal issue, a slip-up with the computer issue that I had bought from a person, which was stolen. That issue was taken care of way before I even left Florida. The charges were dropped and what-not. But I left Florida because I felt like the type of player I was, I didn't want to sit behind no one, because I have dreams, I have aspirations to be a starter for a Division I NCAA team, and I think while I was at Florida, I probably wasn't going to get that, with Tim Tebow at the reigns and John Brantley, me and him at the same classification, something was going to have to give...

From the horse faces own mouth.. bwahahahhaha

I am sure you will keep deluding yourself though...

BroncoBeavis
01-30-2012, 05:49 PM

Sounds like the guy I want leading my team. Along with his "I'm like a caged lion that can't be caged" parable brilliance- I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see a Vince Young-like flameout.

Popps
01-30-2012, 05:50 PM
All caps ban.

Boltjolt
01-30-2012, 05:56 PM

I understand that. Im not the one saying Tebow is better or Newton sux because of how he played in the probowl.
Now Tebow on the other hand hasnt had good passing stats in but one game. I reiterate...he was a 46.5% passer during the season in which the rules are so lax , how can you not be 50% at least?

MacGruder
01-30-2012, 06:03 PM
I understand that. Im not the one saying Tebow is better or Newton sux because of how he played in the probowl.
Now Tebow on the other hand hasnt had good passing stats in but one game. I reiterate...he was a 46.5% passer during the season in which the rules are so lax , how can you not be 50% at least?

You are only looking at one stat.. completion percentage.. and ignoring yard per attempt and turnovers...

As well as talent on the offenses...

Not to mention that Fox is trying to play a complementary style that focus es on the run game.. complete opposite of what the Panthers were doing.

Why is it so hard for people to understand completion percentage is only one small part of stats?

If Tebow was as bad as his completion percentage appears then his passer rating would be much lower..

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 06:07 PM
Wow. If this threads shown anything, it's that you have serious issues follow the flow of a conversation. I think it was clear that I was saying he's peaked and just had the best year he's ever going to have in the NFL.

He's peaked that's rich.

BroncoBeavis
01-30-2012, 06:08 PM
Well, in 97 4 starters completed 60% and one was on the worst team in the league.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1997/passing.htm

But in 2011, all playoff starters completed over 60% but for Flacco, Dalton and Tebow, and alex smith who competed 56%. If a'R qb can't complete 60% in today's NFL he's a liability

See, you're following the 'Favre is better than Elway' argument I had pretty much verbatim. Look at that page you posted and compare Favre to Elway. I said looking at completion percentage and not Y/A is bull****. Completion percentage is worthless if you're comparing QB's in fundamentally different systems. Traditional West Coast offenses will yield high completion percentages.

Run first then heave when you get desperate will give you low completion percentages. There's a reason that when Tim breaks 300 yards, he's setting yards per completion records. He's routinely throwing much deeper than most QB's

Boltjolt
01-30-2012, 06:10 PM
Tebow beat Phillys in your house, and Rivers has a far better supporting cast.

Our defense was handicapped by Orton's 9 TOs in 4.5 games. Not that difficult to figure out genius.

He does when half the OL isnt all on IR. I keep seeing here how your OL isnt very good according to many posters in here yet you led the league in rushing and it is certainly better than ours. Our defense had a QB who threw INT's and fumbled too and fumbled a snap to loose a game for us. We still went 8-8 and only Marion Barber not going out of bounds kept us out of the playoffs.
The genius is how some of you think Tebow is actually a good QB. Elway just said in an interview that he si bringing in competition for Tebow in TC and he may not even win the job...lol

Jay3
01-30-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm a Florida fan, and there's no question Brantley had moved ahead of Cam Newton on the depth chart. He was not going to get to play.

But I will say this - Cam couldn't hit the ocean from the beach at Florida. Throwing the ball, he looked like a totally different player. It wasn't surprising at all that Brantley was #2.

The real mystery is how Cam got so good in that one year at the junior college (I forget the name, Blumpkin or something).

Boltjolt
01-30-2012, 06:18 PM
You are a complete half wit. I think at least half of the GMs in the league would take Tebow over Newton. How does that not support my argument.

You'll now make a completely subjective statement and hold it as evidence that my opinion doesn't make sense because your completely subjective opinion is different.

That's why your question doesn't deserve answering, because it's a stupid circular argument.

The value is that playoff success is a pretty good measure of progress, and Alex Smith was better on the only day that mattered.

Id bet NONE would...including your own. Only a Bronco fan would say something like this. Why on earth would any GM take Tebow of Newton who is a good runner himself, can throw the ball 10 times better, ha a better arm and is bigger and faster?

Why? Please explain. Im guessing all you got is "he has a winning record" while Newtons defense was 28th in the league.

Jay3
01-30-2012, 06:23 PM
Now Tebow on the other hand hasnt had good passing stats in but one game.

I don't get that -- he had over a 100 passer rating four times this season ( out of 12 games). Over passer rating of 90 7 times (out of 12 games).

I thought the Minnesota game really stood out as one where he put it all together, and presumably Pittsburgh was the "one" you had in mind.

I mean, really -- I've been watching NFL for 30+ years, and I've never seen a guy come out of the gate without looking bad in a lot of games at first. I was following Matt Stafford his first year starting, and he hit a passer rating of 100 only once. Completed 53.3% of his passes, which is higher than Tebow's, but that offense generated more easy completions.

Tebow's completion percentage is a little bit deceptively low because this offense generates very few "cheapies" and he had an above average number of drops. I think it was more like a 52% type of season, which is not all that bad considering.

MacGruder
01-30-2012, 06:25 PM
I'm a Florida fan, and there's no question Brantley had moved ahead of Cam Newton on the depth chart. He was not going to get to play.

But I will say this - Cam couldn't hit the ocean from the beach at Florida. Throwing the ball, he looked like a totally different player. It wasn't surprising at all that Brantley was #2.

The real mystery is how Cam got so good in that one year at the junior college (I forget the name, Blumpkin or something).

No mystery Jay.. he wasn't that good at Auburn.. their run game opened everything...

And this year he had all the pieces to make him look good. His mechanics improved at JC though.. but that may have hurt him as a passer like Tebow..

StugotsIII
01-30-2012, 06:26 PM
From the horse faces own mouth.. bwahahahhaha

I am sure you will keep deluding yourself though...

He must be telling the truth...

Jay3
01-30-2012, 06:28 PM
No mystery Jay.. he wasn't that good at Auburn.. their run game opened everything...

And this year he had all the pieces to make him look good. His mechanics improved at JC though.. but that may have hurt him as a passer like Tebow..

I disagree. I think he's an incredible player.

He may turned out to be damage goods upstairs, but he's as God-gifted as they come at playing quarterback.

Boltjolt
01-30-2012, 06:29 PM
You are only looking at one stat.. completion percentage.. and ignoring yard per attempt and turnovers...

As well as talent on the offenses...

Not to mention that Fox is trying to play a complementary style that focus es on the run game.. complete opposite of what the Panthers were doing.

Why is it so hard for people to understand completion percentage is only one small part of stats?

If Tebow was as bad as his completion percentage appears then his passer rating would be much lower..

Fox threw plenty with Orton...because he could. You led the league in rushing.....stop saying your offense isnt any good and if it isnt, it is because of the QB!!!!
Orton had 9 turnovers with you and Tebow had 12. Tebow fumbled 13 times total (6 lost) with his 6 INT's. Orton threw 155 times in his 4 games...Tebow only threw 271 in 11 games.

As for his paser rating...part of it only being only 72 is because of his completion%

Boltjolt
01-30-2012, 06:33 PM
I don't get that -- he had over a 100 passer rating four times this season ( out of 12 games). Over passer rating of 90 7 times (out of 12 games).

I thought the Minnesota game really stood out as one where he put it all together, and presumably Pittsburgh was the "one" you had in mind.

I mean, really -- I've been watching NFL for 30+ years, and I've never seen a guy come out of the gate without looking bad in a lot of games at first. I was following Matt Stafford his first year starting, and he hit a passer rating of 100 only once. Completed 53.3% of his passes, which is higher than Tebow's, but that offense generated more easy completions.

Tebow's completion percentage is a little bit deceptively low because this offense generates very few "cheapies" and he had an above average number of drops. I think it was more like a 52% type of season, which is not all that bad considering.

Im talking this year. He had over 100 three times and one of them he was 2-8 with a TD pass for a 102 rating.
His last two games he had a 37 and a 20 rating.
Tebow would hit those cheapies if he wouldnt under throw an easy swing pass and he throws behind his recievers often. Its his own fault, he isnt very accurate isd all. Every QB has those cheapie completions, he just is missing them.

Jay3
01-30-2012, 06:33 PM
Fox threw plenty with Orton...because he could.

Was this before or after he benched him?

Wait, it would have to be before. My bad.

MacGruder
01-30-2012, 06:42 PM
Fox threw plenty with Orton...because he could.

Then why did Fox switch Qbs and won far more withy Tebow"

It's because when Orton was QB the run game was terrible.. Orton is a dink and dunk passer.. that kills the run game. Tebow made the run game great which opened the deep passing game. Hence the low completion percentage with better results.

Tebow's deep passing ability opened the riun game more than Orton.. just the THREAT of Tebow's superior deep passing is more valuable than completion percentage.

You led the league in rushing.....stop saying your offense isnt any good and if it isnt, it is because of the QB!!!!

You are looking just at surface numbers... you don't understand football. Tebow made the riun game so good.. running is what wins football games..

Orton had 9 turnovers with you and Tebow had 12.

WTF? Tebow played far more games..

Tebow fumbled 13 times total (6 lost) with his 6 INT's. Orton threw 155 times in his 4 games...Tebow only threw 271 in 11 games.

Tebow made the Broncos the best running team in the NFL overnight.. not just because of his running ability but because of his deep passing ability as well. The simplistic offesne the Broncos ran caused him those turnovers later.. and the fact he had to carry the offense so much. This offense was designed to complement the D too.. Orton's was not.. Orton would have been killed playing the way Tebow did..

As for his paser rating...part of it only being only 72 is because of his completion%

Tebow's passer rating was better than Sam Bradford's.. also doesn't factor in style of play or Tebow's dominant running.. and impact on run game and D...

TonyR
01-30-2012, 07:01 PM
I think at least half of the GMs in the league would take Tebow over Newton.

LOL Laughably stupid. Again, I can't prove it but you just need to apply a little bit of common sense. Cam Newton was the first pick of the draft and he easily exceeded expectations this season. There might be a few GM's who would favor Tebow because of his intangibles, and perhaps his character superiority compared to Newton, but even that's questionable. This is a passing league and Newton proved he can sling it. Tebow hasn't remotely proven that. The fact that you're having this argument with me, and that you're actually serious, cements the fact that you should recuse yourself from Tebow discussions because you're far too biased to be rational. Ridiculous.

crazyhorse
01-30-2012, 07:04 PM

It's because when Orton was QB the run game was terrible.. Orton is a dink and dunk passer.. that kills the run game. Tebow made the run game great which opened the deep passing game. Hence the low completion percentage with better results.

Tebow's deep passing ability opened the riun game more than Orton.. just the THREAT of Tebow's superior deep passing is more valuable than completion percentage.

You are looking just at surface numbers... you don't understand football. Tebow made the riun game so good.. running is what wins football games..

Tebow made the Broncos the best running team in the NFL overnight.. not just because of his running ability but because of his deep passing ability as well. The simplistic offesne the Broncos ran caused him those turnovers later.. and the fact he had to carry the offense so much. This offense was designed to complement the D too.. Orton's was not.. Orton would have been killed playing the way Tebow did..

Tebow's passer rating was better than Sam Bradford's.. also doesn't factor in style of play or Tebow's dominant running.. and impact on run game and D...

Damn son. When Tebow flunks out of the NFL, the impact is gonna kill you, aint it?

Wow. Its gonna be brutal.

oubronco
01-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Damn son. When Tebow flunks out of the NFL, the impact is gonna kill you, aint it?

It's gonna be brutal for alot of them

How you been haven't seen you around lately

crazyhorse
01-30-2012, 07:13 PM
It's gonna be brutal for alot of them

How you been haven't seen you around lately

Hangin in there.

Yeah I dont say much these days. A ton of infighting here. Tebow is splitting the base. Nothing I can say that wouln't cause a **** storm. It would give you guys a break from attacking each other though.

oubronco
01-30-2012, 07:16 PM
Hangin in there.

Yeah I dont say much these days. A ton of infighting here. Tebow is splitting the base. Nothing I can say that wouln't cause a **** storm. It would give you guys a break from attacking each other though.

Glad to here your hangin in there! Have you done anything new to your car?

Shananahan
01-30-2012, 07:17 PM
I don't think Tebow really split the fans, I just think they accumulated an assload of scar tissue while healing from the McDaniels disaster.

Tebow can break that stuff free next year.

BroncoBeavis
01-30-2012, 07:23 PM
Fox threw plenty with Orton...because he could. You led the league in rushing.....stop saying your offense isnt any good and if it isnt, it is because of the QB!!!!
Orton had 9 turnovers with you and Tebow had 12. Tebow fumbled 13 times total (6 lost) with his 6 INT's. Orton threw 155 times in his 4 games...Tebow only threw 271 in 11 games.

Or in other words... "let me throw out a bunch of completely unrelated numbers and hope you make some sort of logic out of them, because I can't."

Fox is a run-first guy. He couldn't run with Orton because he couldn't. Without Tebow's rushing yards (not even counting the extra dimension of Tebow running) the Broncos aren't even Top 10 in rushing (12th) In KO's games, they weren't even top-20 in rushing.

Add Tebow, and you have #1 in the league.

And that's not even accounting for how Tebow's run threat opened up runs for others. Or the fact that last year's leading rusher got hurt shortly after KO left the building.

crazyhorse
01-30-2012, 07:34 PM
Glad to here your hangin in there! Have you done anything new to your car?

Put a power rack and pinion in it. Also put air cond. in it. Hoping to do a Rt66 Mustang cruise this spring. Its finished now. My pics dont do it justice. Its magazine quality. It turned out beautiful.

oubronco
01-30-2012, 08:59 PM
Kick ass bro

Missouribronc
01-30-2012, 09:01 PM

None.

Not even our own.

MacGruder
01-30-2012, 09:03 PM
LOL Laughably stupid. Again, I can't prove it but you just need to apply a little bit of common sense. Cam Newton was the first pick of the draft and he easily exceeded expectations this season. There might be a few GM's who would favor Tebow because of his intangibles, and perhaps his character superiority compared to Newton, but even that's questionable. This is a passing league and Newton proved he can sling it. Tebow hasn't remotely proven that. The fact that you're having this argument with me, and that you're actually serious, cements the fact that you should recuse yourself from Tebow discussions because you're far too biased to be rational. Ridiculous.

Tebow got to the playoffs and beat the Steelers in Fox's crap outdated offense.. if that isn't proof of his greatness nothing is. Cam's horrible play in the pro bowl just proves how coddled he has been this last year and in college too.

MacGruder
01-30-2012, 09:04 PM

If Tebow "flunks out" it won't be his fault.. so no it won't kill me at all...

MacGruder
01-30-2012, 09:06 PM
None.

Not even our own.

They would have said the same about Sam Bradford and Orton last season too... and yet Tebow made it to the Playoffs and they didn't.. no Cam either..

Missouribronc
01-30-2012, 09:06 PM
If Tebow "flunks out" it won't be his fault.. so no it won't kill me at all...

Are you seriously blaming someone else just in case Tebow doesn't succeed?

Archer81
01-30-2012, 09:08 PM

Yes he is. That is exactly what he is doing.

This man has no dick.

Missouribronc
01-30-2012, 09:09 PM
Yes he is. That is exactly what he is doing.

This man has no dick.

I get confused easily. Is that serious?

MacGruder
01-30-2012, 09:10 PM

Absolutely..the NFL has no ability to adapt to a unique talent.. Tebow may be the most unique player ever.. and he dominated his whole career in a way people said he couldn't.

People said he could never accomplish what he already has and he gets no credit for it.. Ask McGahee if he deserves credit...

I remember when he left college many people said Florida would be better without him and Brantley would be better and the runners around him and the D were carrying him... bwaahahahaha Same thing will happen with the Broncos..

Missouribronc
01-30-2012, 09:10 PM
Absolutely..the NFL has no ability to adapt to a unique talent.. Tebow may be the most unique player ever.. and he dominated his whole career in a way people said he couldn't.

People said he could never accomplish what he already has and he gets no credit for it.. Ask McGahee if he deserves credit...

I remember when he left college many people said Florida would be better without him and Brantley would be better and the runners around him and the D were carrying him... bwaahahahaha Same thing will happen with the Broncos..

Wait?

Wow. No, really. Wow.

Archer81
01-30-2012, 09:11 PM
I get confused easily. Is that serious?

Yes its true. MacGruder has no dick.

But yes, he is already set to blame the possibility of failure on someone else besides Tebow.

MacGruder
01-30-2012, 09:14 PM

But yes, he is already set to blame the possibility of failure on someone else besides Tebow.

Are you really this stupid?

They said Tebow was fourth string and he led the team to the playoffs and beat the Steelers D..

If that isn't proof I don't know what is.. bury your head in the sand though..

Missouribronc
01-30-2012, 09:14 PM

Wow. It's just unbelievable the excuses people make for this guy.

He's genuinely a good guy, and I hate saying negative things about him, but it's just so ridiculous...

Archer81
01-30-2012, 09:16 PM

He's genuinely a good guy, and I hate saying negative things about him, but it's just so ridiculous...

I think Tebow will be successful. I have very little doubt about what he will do as a Bronco.

Macgruder, however is a full on ruh-tahd. Conspiracy theorist coupled with monkey spume, sprinkled with inane commentary and liberally doused in the seminal fluids of whales.

MacGruder
01-30-2012, 09:18 PM

No.. it really isn't ridiculous.. he is just a very very unique situation.. He domianted his whole career playing HIS style.. and now in the NFL he is being forced to adapt.. and not even realyl being given a chance to adapt to the NFL game.... and you think that's his fault.. lol

MacGruder
01-30-2012, 09:25 PM
I think Tebow will be successful. I have very little doubt about what he will do as a Bronco.

Macgruder, however is a full on ruh-tahd. Conspiracy theorist coupled with monkey spume, sprinkled with inane commentary and liberally doused in the seminal fluids of whales.

You're projecting.. how appropriate... and accurate..

Archer81
01-30-2012, 09:28 PM
You're projecting.. how appropriate... and accurate..

Says the man who has a difficult time understanding when and how to use the word "projecting".

But by all means keep jabbering like a moron. It's what you are good at.

MacGruder
01-30-2012, 09:30 PM
Says the man who has a difficult time understanding when and how to use the word "projecting".

But by all means keep jabbering like a moron. It's what you are good at.

Keep deluding yourself.. it's what homers are best at...

StugotsIII
01-30-2012, 09:36 PM
Keep deluding yourself.. it's what homers are best at...

Serious question:

Does Tebow have pictures of you raping a pig or something?

MacGruder
01-30-2012, 09:44 PM
Serious question:

Does Tebow have pictures of you raping a pig or something?

More nonsense... You must be really butt hurt for being exposed as an idiot in this thread. Now you want to claim I am some loon simply because I knew the facts and base my opinion on reality not some crazed Cam Newton delusion based on nothing but hype...

Ironic too because people claim Tebow is the one who is wrongly hyped... just more evidence of how people always get things assbackwards..

StugotsIII
01-30-2012, 09:49 PM
More nonsense... You must be really butt hurt for being exposed as an idiot in this thread. Now you want to claim I am some loon simply because I knew the facts and base my opinion on reality not some crazed Cam Newton delusion based on nothing but hype...

Ironic too because people claim Tebow is the one who is wrongly hyped... just more evidence of how people always get things assbackwards..

I love that you think you exposed me because you posted quotes from Newton and Newton's daddy…

Facts are facts and you can't comprehend that.

Newton WAS suspended from Florida's football team. Meyer doesn't put up with that crap. He moved on…not because of Brantley but because he wasn't wanted.

StugotsIII
01-30-2012, 09:57 PM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/early-lead/2010/11/report_cam_newton_left_florida.html

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2010/11/report-cam-newton-left-florida-after-three-charges-of-academic-cheating/1

When Cameron Newton left the University of Florida it was assumed the major reason was because of his arrest on charges of stealing a laptop. According to FoxSports.com, Newton also faced a possible expulsion from school due to three separate instances of academic cheating.

CAPTIONBy John Reed, US Presswire
The story reports Newton violated the honor code as a freshman by cheating in class. Then in his sophomore season - after his arrest - he allegedly turned in two separate papers that he did not write.

Newton left school and transferred to Blinn College in Texas before facing Florida's Student Conduct Committee, which could have suspended the quarterback or kicked him out of school.

Asked Sunday night by USA TODAY about possible academic issues involving Newton while he was at Florida, Auburn athletics director Jay Jacobs declined comment beyond saying, "Students have academic rights -- I'm sure you're familiar with FERPA -- and it'll be surprising to me if that was violated by anybody."

StugotsIII
01-30-2012, 09:59 PM
The notion that Cam Newton left Florida because of John ****ing Brantley is one of the absolute dumbest things ever posted on this site...

MagicHef
01-30-2012, 10:12 PM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/early-lead/2010/11/report_cam_newton_left_florida.html

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2010/11/report-cam-newton-left-florida-after-three-charges-of-academic-cheating/1

When Cameron Newton left the University of Florida it was assumed the major reason was because of his arrest on charges of stealing a laptop. According to FoxSports.com, Newton also faced a possible expulsion from school due to three separate instances of academic cheating.

CAPTIONBy John Reed, US Presswire
The story reports Newton violated the honor code as a freshman by cheating in class. Then in his sophomore season - after his arrest - he allegedly turned in two separate papers that he did not write.

Newton left school and transferred to Blinn College in Texas before facing Florida's Student Conduct Committee, which could have suspended the quarterback or kicked him out of school.

Asked Sunday night by USA TODAY about possible academic issues involving Newton while he was at Florida, Auburn athletics director Jay Jacobs declined comment beyond saying, "Students have academic rights -- I'm sure you're familiar with FERPA -- and it'll be surprising to me if that was violated by anybody."

Goodness, how I wish this guy could be our QB.

StugotsIII
01-30-2012, 10:16 PM
Goodness, how I wish this guy could be our QB.

I get it…he's a dick…but he won two national titles…and has a world of talent…young kids do dumb ****..

MagicHef
01-30-2012, 10:28 PM
I get it…he's a dick…but he won two national titles…and has a world of talent…young kids do dumb ****..

Hey, some of these things apply to Tebow, too!

StugotsIII
01-30-2012, 10:31 PM
Hey, some of these things apply to Tebow, too!

Can't throw...

MacGruder
01-30-2012, 10:35 PM

Actually his daddy hired a service to put Cam in the ideal location.. probably the same in junior college too. He was on a team where a run first QB like Cam would thrive.. why do you think Florida let him go.. because he could not handle a pass first offense like the Gators... he would have gotten killed.

StugotsIII
01-30-2012, 10:37 PM
Actually his daddy hired a service to put Cam in the ideal location.. probably the same in junior college too. He was on a team where a run first QB like Cam would thrive.. why do you think Florida let him go.. because he could not handle a pass first offense like the Gators... he would have gotten killed.

Florida let him go because he was a cheater and thief.

PS. Florida was no pass first offense….they were a run first offense….that is what the spread option is based off of.

Boltjolt
01-30-2012, 10:57 PM

BS....Drew Brees completed over 150 of his passes to his RB's and their run game is just fine. So was ours and Rivers completed 126 of his passes to our RB's. We could go down the list of many teams here. You dont know what your talking about.

Im sorry, ...Tebows what ability did you say here? Your kidding right?

Clearly you are the one who dont understand football.

As i noted

More BS. Tebow had 660 rushing yards, Take that away and your still #11 in the NFL. Thats the upper half of the league in case you were confused.
Though his rushing made you #1, you act like you had no run game at all. McGahee had 1200 yards himself. Lance Ball had over 400 and Knowburst even had 179 for a 4.8 ave.
Sorry to tell you, nobody is fearing Tebows deep ball ability.

So? Bradford was hurt a lot this year and has a horrible OL. You trying to tell me Tebow is a better QB than Bradford? You can get they dont want Tebow running that much as he has been. At some point they are going to want him to look to pass first. Thing is he cant throw very well and he is the best option you have right now. The kid wont last 5 seasons playing this way every year.

Elway will bring in compitition in camp next year and if he brings in some decent compition, Tebow may get beat out. Its a passing league now with the rules the way they are. Running the ball is great and you have to do it but when your behind and have to throw, he hasnt shown he can do it very well. Buffalo, KC, Detroit, NE, ...yeah he won some games late but mostly with his legs.
Someone said look at his yards per pass....it was 6.38 for the year. Not very good. He is a tad below Sanchez who is getting ripped for not being a very good QB and his stats are far better than Tebows as a passer. Sure this season he had 18 INT's but he threw the ball 543 times to Tebows 271. He also had 26 TD's.

BroncoBuff
01-30-2012, 11:02 PM

You're obviously not up to speed on this. No less an authority than AgaBlameJohn has explained over and over and over again how Tebow is better than Cam Newton. The problem is the system ... Newton is in the perfect system for his skills, while Tebow is getting screwed by Bowlen-Ellis-Elway-Fox-McCoy and their system (and presumably WAS getting screwed by Josh McDaniels and his system, though AgaBlameJohn doesn't go into detail on that aspect).

Tebow's one and only problem - the ONLY thing standing between he and Cam Newton - is the system he plays in, and the Tebow haters - Elway and Fox.

NOW do you get it?

MacGruder
01-30-2012, 11:02 PM
The notion that Cam Newton left Florida because of John ****ing Brantley is one of the absolute dumbest things ever posted on this site...

Just shows how ignorant and deluded you are. You think Florida would let Cam go because of a laptop or some tests he cheated on? Do you know how many legal problems all the Gators players face constantly? Then you claim other schools were trying to pay him to go there.. yet Florida is supposedly just letting him walk to competition?

Auburn beat Florida and Tebow before Cma was there.. they beat them this last season when Cam was gone...

That team was built perfectly for a run first QB.. Tebow would have been even MORE successful than Cam.. but he would have been LESS prepared a s a passer than he was coming out of Florida.. this is why Florida couldn't use Cam.. because he would have never been able to pass in Florida's offense.. just like he would have been creamed in the Broncos offense just like Orton was while Tebow won with the same team..

StugotsIII
01-30-2012, 11:06 PM
Just shows how ignorant and deluded you are. You think Florida would let Cam go because of a laptop or some tests he cheated on? Do you know how many legal problems all the Gators players face constantly? Then you claim other schools were trying to pay him to go there.. yet Florida is supposedly just letting him walk to competition?

Auburn beat Florida and Tebow before Cma was there.. they beat them this last season when Cam was gone...

That team was built perfectly for a run first QB.. Tebow would have been even MORE successful than Cam.. but he would have been LESS prepared a s a passer than he was coming out of Florida.. this is why Florida couldn't use Cam.. because he would have never been able to pass in Florida's offense.. just like he would have been creamed in the Broncos offense just like Orton was while Tebow won with the same team..

You are a retard.

MacGruder
01-30-2012, 11:12 PM
Florida let him go because he was a cheater and thief.

PS. Florida was no pass first offense….they were a run first offense….that is what the spread option is based off of.

So why didn't Florida have any decent runners? They got castoffs from other programs.

Why do you think so many of Florida's receivers were top picks and not their runners?

Because quality runners who are NFL prospects don't want to play in Florida's offense. They want to play in a pro style offense.

This is why Tebow was so torn choosing between Florida and Alabama.. he wanted to learn a pro style offense.. to be a conventional QB. If he had gone to Alabama he probably would have blown up later in his college career or in the NFL and no one would be doubting his passing ability so much..

Florida also did not have a very good Oline.. did yous ee how Brantley got beat to heck with Florida's oline?

The deep passing OPENED Florida's run option offense.. just like this season Fox had Tebow passing deep constantly because that allowed McGahee and Tebow to run.

StugotsIII
01-30-2012, 11:17 PM
So why didn't Florida have any decent runners? They got castoffs from other programs.

Why do you think so many of Florida's receivers were top picks and not their runners?

Because quality runners who are NFL prospects don't want to play in Florida's offense. They want to play in a pro style offense.

This is why Tebow was so torn choosing between Florida and Alabama.. he wanted to learn a pro style offense.. to be a conventional QB. If he had gone to Alabama he probably would have blown up later in his college career or in the NFL and no one would be doubting his passing ability so much..

Florida also did not have a very good Oline.. did yous ee how Brantley got beat to heck with Florida's oline?

The deep passing OPENED Florida's run option offense.. just like this season Fox had Tebow passing deep constantly because that allowed McGahee and Tebow to run.

Percy Harvin averaged nearly 10 yards per carry his entire college career….I'd say that is decent enough…

MacGruder
01-30-2012, 11:24 PM
Percy Harvin averaged nearly 10 yards per carry his entire college career….I'd say that is decent enough…

Percy Harvin was not a between the tackles runner like Dyer at Auburn... this and the totally dominant Oline Cam had is what made things so ideal for his limited skillset.

cam was not even the runner Tebow was.. without that oline and run game he would have been killed.

StugotsIII
01-30-2012, 11:30 PM
Percy Harvin was not a between the tackles runner like Dyer at Auburn... this and the totally dominant Oline Cam had is what made things so ideal for his limited skillset.

cam was not even the runner Tebow was.. without that oline and run game he would have been killed.

I don't care what you think Harvin was or wasn't…he averaged nearly 10 yards a carry for Florida.

You also said that Florida did nothing but get cast offs from other schools. Here is what Florida recruited during Meyers time:

5 stars:

Harvin
Rainey

4 stars:

Brown
Demps
Williams
Williams
Walker
Moore

Exactly who the hell are you talking about when you say Florida only got cast offs from other schools? I remember one USC running back….Moody I think his name was and that was it…the others were pure blue chip running backs...

StugotsIII
01-30-2012, 11:35 PM

You are right….Newton was better than Tebow running the football.

PS. Florida's offensive line was pretty awesome:

YEAR RD SEL # PLAYER
2011 1 15 Mike Pouncey
2011 2 63 Marcus Gilbert
2011 7 217 Maurice Hurt
2010 1 18 Maurkice Pouncey

Archer81
01-30-2012, 11:36 PM
You are a retard.

Its ruh-tard.

http://tinyurl.com/82z8xgo

MacGruder
01-30-2012, 11:38 PM
I don't care what you think Harvin was or wasn't…he averaged nearly 10 yards a carry for Florida.

Yes.. because he played with Tebow who could run between the tackles as a QB you jackwagon.. same reason McGahee looked so great this year next to him.

You also said that Florida did nothing but get cast offs from other schools. Here is what Florida recruited during Meyers time:

5 stars:

Harvin
Rainey

4 stars:

Brown
Demps
Williams
Williams
Walker
Moore

How did Florida's runners fare against Alabama?

Where did those guys go in the draft compared to Florida's receivers..

Exactly who the hell are you talking about when you say Florida only got cast offs from other schools? I remember one USC running back….Moody I think his name was and that was it…the others were pure blue chip running backs...

Both Rainey and Demps were under sized SEC runners one of them was not taken by FSU and was bitter about it...

And yet you claim Florida is supposed to be a run first team.. yet they don't have SEC caliber between the tackles runners?

Archer81
01-30-2012, 11:40 PM
How did the Broncos runners fare against Alabama?

Why would the Broncos RB's play Alabama?

MacGruder
01-30-2012, 11:41 PM
You are right….Newton was better than Tebow running the football.

PS. Florida's offensive line was pretty awesome:

YEAR RD SEL # PLAYER
2011 1 15 Mike Pouncey
2011 2 63 Marcus Gilbert
2011 7 217 Maurice Hurt
2010 1 18 Maurkice Pouncey

So all the talent only happened to be at Florida when Tebow was there? LOL

Makes sense...

And Cam only looked better running the football because he had runners taking the pressure off him running the ball. When teams focused on stopping Cam the other runners beat them even worse.. complete opposite with Tebow. Teams would take him out of the game and the other runners around Tebow would not punish them.

This is why Tebow has been a better runner in the NFL than cam even with a worse offense around him.

MacGruder
01-30-2012, 11:42 PM
Why would the Broncos RB's play Alabama?

I would play that game if I was you too.. that's all you got left..

Archer81
01-30-2012, 11:46 PM
I would play that game if I was you too.. that's all you got left..

What game? I bolded something YOU said. Why would the Broncos play Alabama?

MacGruder
01-30-2012, 11:50 PM
What game? I bolded something YOU said. Why would the Broncos play Alabama?

Wow.. you really are that stupid that I have to explain it to you.. it was a typo...