PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady's coach sees similarities between Tebow and Patriots Quarterback

Bronco Rob
01-29-2012, 08:02 AM
Tom Brady's coach sees similarities between Tebow and Patriots Quarterback

Published: Jan. 27, 2012 at 02:36 p.m

Just about everyone with an opinion on how the quarterback position should be played has been asked, at some point, to weigh in on Tim Tebow and his unconventional throwing mechanics.

Despite having plenty to talk about regarding his relationship with New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and his own quest for a kidney transplant, Tom Martinez, Brady's longtime personal quarterback coach, could not escape Tebowmania during a Friday radio interview with WQXI-AM in Atlanta.

Martinez initially used the topic of Tebow as an opportunity to compare the desire of the two quarterbacks to succeed. Brady, of course, will be starting in his fifth Super Bowl on Feb. 5. But the conversation slid to Tebow.

"I think Tim Tebow is willing to do anything that people tell him to do," Martinez said, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. "He's like Brady in the sense that he's an internal warrior. I think when he started in the NFL, whoever they put him with, I personally kind of disagree with the mechanics he was given. He's trying to prove the same thing Brady was trying to prove."

Martinez then was asked how long it would take to straighten out Tebow's mechanics. Given his success tutoring Brady over the years, Martinez expressed confidence in his ability to make Tebow more Brady-like in the pocket.

"Two weeks," Martinez said. "I could give him what I call correct mechanics in two weeks."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d826616a0/article/bradys-coach-sees-similarities-between-tebow-and-pats-qb?module=HP11_headline_stack

Boobs McGee
01-29-2012, 08:13 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lie9wpG7JF1qf7r5lo1_500.gif

theAPAOps5
01-29-2012, 08:13 AM
Or more clearly, Brady's coach sees similarities in Tebow in that he is coachable. Other than the comparisons stop.

oubronco
01-29-2012, 08:33 AM
If he can fix his mechanics in two weeks Tebow better be calling him yesterday

theAPAOps5
01-29-2012, 08:55 AM
If he can fix his mechanics in two weeks Tebow better be calling him yesterday

And paying him his entire salary for next year.

strafen
01-29-2012, 09:16 AM
Tom Brady's coach sees similarities between Tebow and Patriots Quarterback

Published: Jan. 27, 2012 at 02:36 p.m

Just about everyone with an opinion on how the quarterback position should be played has been asked, at some point, to weigh in on Tim Tebow and his unconventional throwing mechanics.

Despite having plenty to talk about regarding his relationship with New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and his own quest for a kidney transplant, Tom Martinez, Brady's longtime personal quarterback coach, could not escape Tebowmania during a Friday radio interview with WQXI-AM in Atlanta.

Martinez initially used the topic of Tebow as an opportunity to compare the desire of the two quarterbacks to succeed. Brady, of course, will be starting in his fifth Super Bowl on Feb. 5. But the conversation slid to Tebow.

"I think Tim Tebow is willing to do anything that people tell him to do," Martinez said, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. "He's like Brady in the sense that he's an internal warrior. I think when he started in the NFL, whoever they put him with, I personally kind of disagree with the mechanics he was given. He's trying to prove the same thing Brady was trying to prove."

Martinez then was asked how long it would take to straighten out Tebow's mechanics. Given his success tutoring Brady over the years, Martinez expressed confidence in his ability to make Tebow more Brady-like in the pocket.

"Two weeks," Martinez said. "I could give him what I call correct mechanics in two weeks."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d826616a0/article/bradys-coach-sees-similarities-between-tebow-and-pats-qb?module=HP11_headline_stackUh, please!

McDman
01-29-2012, 09:27 AM
Tebow's mechanics are never going to be fixed. He "fixed" them before the draft. In game situations he is going to revert back to what he knows.

TheReverend
01-29-2012, 09:39 AM
In for more exciting football versions of bro-science.

Paladin
01-29-2012, 10:13 AM
Basically, to the OP: :rofl:

CEH
01-29-2012, 10:27 AM
Tebow needs to work with someone for the next 2 1/2 months not associated with the Broncos. WHy not the QB coach who has been working with Brady since Tom has been in the league

or maybe Tebow can just go work out in the weight room for the entire off season prior to mini camp.

ColoradoDarin
01-29-2012, 10:28 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lie9wpG7JF1qf7r5lo1_500.gif

Hahahahah, well played! Rep!

Boobs McGee
01-29-2012, 12:04 PM
kudos for gettin the reference!

Lestat
01-29-2012, 02:31 PM
which was the knock on him once he unveiled the new motion before the draft.
for him to change his mechanics he'd have to have an entire offseason and get constant coaching in his ear as well as in the film room.
Tebow's mechanics are never going to be fixed. He "fixed" them before the draft. In game situations he is going to revert back to what he knows.

Swedish Extrovert
01-29-2012, 05:59 PM
http://damnyouautocorrect.com/images/tebow.jpg

Bronco Yoda
01-29-2012, 06:23 PM
IMO Tebow needs to concentrate on his quick decision making. 3 seconds and release...over and over and over and over....

broncocalijohn
01-29-2012, 06:44 PM
Brady=Tebow? Ah, no and a huge no. Funny Brady's QB coach states he can fix his correctable problems in 2 weeks. Nice way of having Tebow wonderif this guy is the savior for his arm technique.

Willynowei
01-29-2012, 07:18 PM
Uh.. I don't think so.

They are so far apart that I don't think Tebow's mechanics today are up to par with what Tom Brady's mechanics were back in Highschool.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/svxqqkA3G3c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was Tom Terrific at age 16...

Kid already looked like he was ready to be drafted by the NFL at 6'4 200+ lbs.