PDA

View Full Version : Would you be upset if the Broncos were INTERSTED in signing Peyton Manning?

Pages : [1] 2

montrose
01-28-2012, 09:18 PM
With reports that it's looking more and more likely each day Manning will be released by the Colts, I'm wondering to gague the pulse of the Mane, what the feeling would be if the Broncos showed interest in bringing in the future Hall of Famer.

The key here is the question is not if you would or wouldn't be mad about actually acquiring Manning, but rather if you would or wouldn't be upset of the front office had serious INTEREST in signing him. If Manning's released and EFX talk with his agent, bring him in for a visit, make some type of a pitch, etc. - would that upset you or not?

I listed a few reasons for each answer, knowing more than one would apply for some voters but I wanted to know which reason makes you feel the way you do... more than the others.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l6x904FnFz1qzbhtvo1_400.jpg

NFLBRONCO
01-28-2012, 09:21 PM
Manning wouldn't come here

errand
01-28-2012, 09:25 PM
Manning wouldn't come here

Perhaps....but stranger things have happened

Dr. Broncenstein
01-28-2012, 09:25 PM
I don't think he's dumb enough to play football again. However, in the event he is dumb enough to play... he isn't dumb enough to play for us.

bronco militia
01-28-2012, 09:29 PM
what the hell....yeah, go for it

but shanny will get him first

razorwire77
01-28-2012, 09:31 PM
Bowlen paying Manning's salary

Lolerz.

BroncoBeavis
01-28-2012, 09:33 PM
what the hell....yeah, go for it

but shanny will get him first

Peyton would want no part of Denver.

What's he going to do with a team that plays a lineman at TE every other play?

Mixing Peyton with a run-first coach and scheme is a nonstarter.

cmhargrove
01-28-2012, 09:36 PM
Do you think Manning would get pissed throwing 12 pass plays per game?

bronco militia
01-28-2012, 09:37 PM
Peyton would want no part of Denver.

What's he going to do with a team that plays a lineman at TE every other play?

Mixing Peyton with a run-first coach and scheme is a nonstarter.

did you forget the orton offense?

Dr. Broncenstein
01-28-2012, 09:46 PM

Especially when half of those throws bounce off the hands of Decker/Royal/Thomas, and all of the throws come under duress. His melon would asplode.

Play2win
01-28-2012, 09:51 PM
Hell, it might not be too much unlike the Aaron Rogers situation. Tebow needs to be in a situation like this, otherwise he is going to forfeit the upcoming success of the Denver Broncos by playing on the field. (He needs to be on the bench)

Mogulseeker
01-28-2012, 09:53 PM
I would be down for signing him if the price is right. A one-year deal, with emphasis on developing Tebow.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-28-2012, 09:55 PM
Hes arguably the best QB to ever play the game, how can anyone be mad if we showed interest. But you'd have to be willing to run his offense, where he's basically the OC

Pony Boy
01-28-2012, 09:57 PM
If Manning plays again he will be a Jet ........ two Mannings in the same stadium is a New York wet dream. So the question to ask is would you like to see Sanchez in a Denver uniform. The thought of that makes me want to puke......

houghtam
01-28-2012, 10:00 PM
IF (big if) he were interested in coming here, we could pay his salary, and all the other crap that comes along with it, I would only be pissed depending on what the plan was from there. If Manning could even make it through a season, he'd last a season tops. Are the Broncos trading up to get a QB in the 1st to replace him? Are they keeping Tebow? If not, what compensation are they getting for that first rounder? What pieces are they adding?

Too many unanswered questions, so yes, I'd probably be pisses since we'd have to pay top dollar for an unreliable, likely one year rental that will probably set our franchise back further than just keeping Tebow and seeing how he does with a full offseason under his belt and more pieces to the puzzle to work with.

ZONA
01-28-2012, 10:02 PM
I'm not so certain he won't play again. If he gets a clean bill of health, I'm sure he'll play.

Don't rule out Houston. They could pull the trigger. Gets to play against the Colts twice a year and it's a team where a great QB could easily get them to the Superbowl.

Play2win
01-28-2012, 10:02 PM
IF (big if) he were interested in coming here, we could pay his salary, and all the other crap that comes along with it, I would only be pissed depending on what the plan was from there. If Manning could even make it through a season, he'd last a season tops. Are the Broncos trading up to get a QB in the 1st to replace him? Are they keeping Tebow? If not, what compensation are they getting for that first rounder? What pieces are they adding?

Too many unanswered questions, so yes, I'd probably be pisses since we'd have to pay top dollar for an unreliable, likely one year rental that will probably set our franchise back further than just keeping Tebow and seeing how he does with a full offseason under his belt and more pieces to the puzzle to work with.

Hilarious! :rofl: :rofl:

bombay
01-28-2012, 10:12 PM
Hell no. If he's healthy, we immediately win 12 or more games.

TDmvp
01-28-2012, 10:14 PM
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs6/2325880_o.gif
No way... Do not want ...

montrose
01-28-2012, 10:27 PM
I understand the the thought on why he may not want to consider Denver, which all make sense, but I was more interested in gauging the emotion of Broncos fans if there was an interest. I'm asking because of the massive national reaction to Elway's responses if he was any closer to knowing Tim was his QB of the future and that Tim had e job heading into camp. Would interest in Manning create a similar emotion for some?

houghtam
01-28-2012, 10:34 PM
Hilarious! :rofl: :rofl:

Articulate, to the point. A+ response.

McDman
01-28-2012, 10:50 PM
How could anyone not want one of the best players in the history of the game on this team? Even the most ardent Teboners have to see the value he could bring here by teaching their Lord and Savior.

IHaveALight
01-28-2012, 11:04 PM
Are the Broncos willing to fire McCoy and hire Caldwell as OC? That might get him interested.

Agamemnon
01-28-2012, 11:17 PM
80% of Maners are functionally retarded. That's all I get from this poll.

1) The amount he would cost would prevent us from improving the rest of our roster (which is needed on a massive level).

2) His career is all but over at this point. A year or two is all you can really expect.

3) We still won't know if Tebow can play QB and be the future for us when Manning is done (which again, will be soon). Right now this franchise needs to look towards building for the future. We are not a great team missing a QB. We are a bad team missing virtually everything that overachieved this season.

4) We don't have the o-line or receivers Manning needs to be his all-pro self, and his contract would make it hard to change that. At least, that is, if we want to improve our woeful defensive talent as well.

5) Manning is one bad hit away from being done for good.

Seriously, you people are clueless idiots.

Agamemnon
01-28-2012, 11:21 PM
How could anyone not want one of the best players in the history of the game on this team? Even the most ardent Teboners have to see the value he could bring here by teaching their Lord and Savior.

You do know that he'll be 36 by the beginning of next year and just missed an entire season due to a serious neck injury right? ::)

BroncoMan4ever
01-28-2012, 11:24 PM
if the Colts let him walk instead of paying him his roster bonus, i will be highly disappointed if John didn't at least make a quick call to Peyton and gauge his interest in coming to Denver.

most likely Peyton will go to a place like New York to play on a team that is basically a QB away from a super bowl run instead of a team that while improved and coming off a playoff berth is still quite a ways off of being a super bowl contender; but it would still be dumb to not at least make the call.

BroncoMan4ever
01-28-2012, 11:25 PM
You do know that he'll be 36 by the beginning of next year and just missed an entire season due to a serious neck injury right? ::)

not to discredit what you are saying because yes the neck injury is a matter to worry about, but the age thing is not a big deal. Elway won his 1st super bowl at 37 and his 2nd at 38.

Agamemnon
01-28-2012, 11:32 PM
not to discredit what you are saying because yes the neck injury is a matter to worry about, but the age thing is not a big deal. Elway won his 1st super bowl at 37 and his 2nd at 38.

Elway didn't have a neck injury that caused loss of feeling and strength in his extremities. Elway wasn't one high blow away from being a cripple. That's the point. He's 36 and has a bad neck. They are compounding factors that sum up the Peyton Manning of today.

The dude is all but done. Right now it just boils down to if he wants to go out relatively healthy now, or if he wants to try to squeeze out a couple years at the risk of being a cripple for the rest of his life. No team should even begin to consider a player like that unless they are confident that he is the final piece, and any Bronco fan who thinks Manning is all we need to be a contender has brain damage.

BroncoMan4ever
01-28-2012, 11:38 PM
Elway didn't have a neck injury that caused loss of feeling and strength in his extremities. Elway wasn't one high blow away from being a cripple. That's the point. He's 36 and has a bad neck. They are compounding factors that sum up the Peyton Manning of today.

The dude is all but done. Right now it just boils down to if he wants to go out relatively healthy now, or if he wants to try to squeeze out a couple years at the risk of being a cripple for the rest of his life. No team should even begin to consider a player like that unless they are confident that he is the final piece, and any Bronco fan who thinks Manning is all we need to be a contender has brain damage.

i agree Manning wouldn't be enough to put Denver over the top, but i am just saying, if the neck is healed, and doctors and he agree he is good to go again, it would be a bad move on the part of the front office to not make a brief call to gauge interest.

i am not saying give the guy 30 million a season almost, but if he were willing to play on a reduced number for a year on the basis of a lets see how bad his neck is kind of deal, which more than likely he will have to take i see no wrong in bringing him in.

Agamemnon
01-28-2012, 11:43 PM
i agree Manning wouldn't be enough to put Denver over the top, but i am just saying, if the neck is healed, and doctors and he agree he is good to go again, it would be a bad move on the part of the front office to not make a brief call to gauge interest.

i am not saying give the guy 30 million a season almost, but if he were willing to play on a reduced number for a year on the basis of a lets see how bad his neck is kind of deal, which more than likely he will have to take i see no wrong in bringing him in.

I don't think Manning is going to have to take any kind of pay reduction. Team's that feel they are an elite QB away from winning it all will roll the dice on the guy. Or at least one of them will. Seeing as we are not one of those teams, we have no business doing so.

Navy Broncos Fan
01-28-2012, 11:53 PM
Not worth it. He has maybe 1 or 2 years left if he doesn't get hit. He won't take a pay cut to play here and that just leaves us in the same spot as he colts. A ten that blew way to much on 1 player without looking 2-5 years down the road.

errand
01-29-2012, 12:03 AM

we wouldn't be throwing it a mere12 times if Manning was our QB

gunns
01-29-2012, 12:17 AM
I think the biggest question for the Broncos is Tebow the QB of the future. Picking up Manning would put Tebow on the bench for another year and we'd be attempting to answer that question again when Tebow came off the bench and if not, having to look for a QB of the future. It's time to look to the future, for multiple years of winning, not just a quick fix to win now.

NFLBRONCO
01-29-2012, 12:21 AM
Manning would laugh 15 straight minutes the thought of playing for us.

broncocalijohn
01-29-2012, 12:35 AM

Would Manning get pissed knowing such a stupid question would be asked by a Broncos fan? Do you really think we would throw just 12 passes with Manning under center and not Tebow? Puhleeeeaze child!

lonestar
01-29-2012, 12:37 AM
This team does not need a circus, nor can we afford what this guy would want..

I'd rather have loads of LONG term talent signed for what one guy would cost..

broncosteven
01-29-2012, 02:48 AM
I voted for due dilligence, personally I don't think he will ever be able to play again, let alone next year.

I have nerve damage at c6 I think that I am on year 4 waiting for it to regenerate, Manning is in better shape than I was but he will still see muscle atrophy and possible shoulder blade "winging" like I have which make it very difficult to throw the ball.

Even if he is ok and the nerve suddenly regenerates so he can play this year (lets say Tebow prays with him and heals the nerve or gets it to regenerate) even then his mobility of turning his head side to side is limited from the multiple surgeries and the new bone inserted to fuse the spine. Good luck dropping back and scanning the field without pain and getting the ball out on target. meanwhile he will have a much bigger blind spot that would benefit speed rushers like Doom coming from his blind side. Imagine all the extra strip/sacks from Manning holding the ball a beat too long.

He might do better to learn how to throw lefty if like me his nerve pain primarly affects the right side of his neck/shoulder/back/leg.

I don't think he can play again but teams should do due diligence to bring competition to the QB position,to quote that NE assistant who destroyed our team for 18 months.

broncosteven
01-29-2012, 02:54 AM
BTW I was thinking of starting a thread a couple days ago about Irsay dragging this thing out until March.

If he knows he is going to cut Manning due to the roster bonus and then draft Luck why wait? Why not do it a couple days after the SB and let Manning find his own place to work out and get healty where he is not walking on egg shells
?

uplink
01-29-2012, 05:21 AM
He is one of three guys in the NFL who could win NFL games with a group of area league players on his side (example of non NFL standard players). The three are P. Manning, T. Brady, and D. Brees. You have to try and get a guy like that if he is available. Could lead the broncos to another superbowl.

Drek
01-29-2012, 05:49 AM
If adding Manning in no way reduced our ability to procure other key FA acquisitions, like new starters at LG, MLB, #2 CB, and DT then I'd be interested, assuming he's fine with little commitment and a one or two year deal that distinctly involves him mentoring Tebow. And all that hinges on him actually truly being healthy, not a 30 minute injury time out leading to a hospital ride just waiting to happen.

I doubt all of that very much though. Now should Manning suddenly realize that he's better off never playing again I'd hope that Elway is on the phone post-haste asking him to come here as a special assistant to the HC, focused on QB development.

rbackfactory80
01-29-2012, 07:13 AM
Manning is one of the biggest choke artists I have ever seen in the playoffs. Surprised all you football fans forgot about that.

BTW we won a playoff game this year. Time to start over again, huh?

BroncoMan4ever
01-29-2012, 07:29 AM
He is one of three guys in the NFL who could win NFL games with a group of area league players on his side (example of non NFL standard players). The three are P. Manning, T. Brady, and D. Brees. You have to try and get a guy like that if he is available. Could lead the broncos to another superbowl.

take Brady off that list. what has he ever won with substandard talent around him?

if Cassel can make a team Brady plays for go 11-5, any QB in the league can look good playing in New England.

Ray Finkle
01-29-2012, 08:05 AM
I voted for due dilligence, personally I don't think he will ever be able to play again, let alone next year.

I have nerve damage at c6 I think that I am on year 4 waiting for it to regenerate, Manning is in better shape than I was but he will still see muscle atrophy and possible shoulder blade "winging" like I have which make it very difficult to throw the ball.

Even if he is ok and the nerve suddenly regenerates so he can play this year (lets say Tebow prays with him and heals the nerve or gets it to regenerate) even then his mobility of turning his head side to side is limited from the multiple surgeries and the new bone inserted to fuse the spine. Good luck dropping back and scanning the field without pain and getting the ball out on target. meanwhile he will have a much bigger blind spot that would benefit speed rushers like Doom coming from his blind side. Imagine all the extra strip/sacks from Manning holding the ball a beat too long.

He might do better to learn how to throw lefty if like me his nerve pain primarly affects the right side of his neck/shoulder/back/leg.

I don't think he can play again but teams should do due diligence to bring competition to the QB position,to quote that NE assistant who destroyed our team for 18 months.

I'm with this.

BroncoBeavis
01-29-2012, 08:15 AM
BTW I was thinking of starting a thread a couple days ago about Irsay dragging this thing out until March.

If he knows he is going to cut Manning due to the roster bonus and then draft Luck why wait? Why not do it a couple days after the SB and let Manning find his own place to work out and get healty where he is not walking on egg shells
?

Because of the uncertainty of the injury. If Manning comes out of this thing miraculously and looks like a GOTA again, the FO would look stupid for not giving the decision as much time as possible.

Old Dude
01-29-2012, 08:55 AM
I can't imagine that Peyton Manning would even think about playing here. Our offensive line can't pass-block worth a damn, we have no premier receivers and our running game depends heavily on the QB's mobility.

Maybe if he was 25 and healthy again, but he'd get killed here and he's now very fragile. He'll choose go to a team with an established offensive line that can protect him.

The Tebow-controversy that would ensue would just be a minor issue compared to that.

Hamrob
01-29-2012, 10:16 AM
First off, I'm excited to see what improvement TEBOW can make with a full offseason. The kid was good enough to get us into the playoffs and win a game we weren't supposed to win.

I have not doubt that he will be a better passer next year. So, that is exciting in its own right!

That being said, Peyton Manning is maybe the best QB ever. He is certainly the most cerebral...that is a given. If he is healthy, he can play for 4-5 more years easily.

As for coming to the Broncos...I think he would be intrigued. He knows Elway, Fox is a guy he would respect, that would give him some lattitude. McCoy is a guy that listen to him. And, despite all you "Bashers", this team, has a hell of alot of offensive talent.

Our Offensive Line - This unit is one of the youngest and BEST in the NFL. We need to add depth, but if you don't think there is talent there...then, you don't know football.

Our Receivers - This unit is solid and has two Pro-bowl players waiting to happen...in Thomas and Decker. Royal is another guy who could be special if utilized the right way. We may not resign eddie, but there are guys in FA, that would fit well with Manning. And, who wouldn't want to come to Denver with Manning here?

Our Tight Ends - Has everyone really given up on Orange Julius already? Not me. I like both he and Green. Both guys are big, with great hands. With Rosario and Fells, this position isn't as bad as everyone thinks. People might be surprised if we actually called their number once in a while.

Our Running Backs - Manning would be perfect for Magahee, because we could even out our run to pass numbers (50-50) instead of 65-35. We add a guy to strengthen the stable and mix in JJ and Fannin. Not so bad

Del Rio on Defense....our draft being used to strengthen this area for the 2nd year in a row.

This team just made it to the divisional round of the playoffs.

Yes, Manning would be interested. And, yes, Elway should be interested in Manning. I don't think it will happen...because I don't think our budget will allow it, especially when we have an up and comer in Tebow who is on his rookie contract, making peanuts.

strafen
01-29-2012, 10:21 AM
I don't think Manning is going to have to take any kind of pay reduction. Team's that feel they are an elite QB away from winning it all will roll the dice on the guy. Or at least one of them will. Seeing as we are not one of those teams, we have no business doing so.You're so affraid of losing Tebow as our starting QB that you go into debating stupid ****...

errand
01-29-2012, 10:50 AM
Manning is one of the biggest choke artists I have ever seen in the playoffs. Surprised all you football fans forgot about that.

BTW we won a playoff game this year. Time to start over again, huh?

What's his post-season record? And it's compiled over how many consecutive seasons of making it to the playoffs?

You know there was a time when Elway was considered a choker too....Dan Marino only played in one SB...doesn't diminish his ability as a qb.

errand
01-29-2012, 10:54 AM
I can't imagine that Peyton Manning would even think about playing here. Our offensive line can't pass-block worth a damn, we have no premier receivers and our running game depends heavily on the QB's mobility.

Maybe if he was 25 and healthy again, but he'd get killed here and he's now very fragile. He'll choose go to a team with an established offensive line that can protect him.

The Tebow-controversy that would ensue would just be a minor issue compared to that.

if peyton manning signs with us there will be no controversy

Play2win
01-29-2012, 11:03 AM
Now, if we just still had Lloyd :clown:

Dedhed
01-29-2012, 11:04 AM
Could lead the broncos to another superbowl.
That's a pretty far fetched notion to me considering he's eked out 1 SB victory in his career surrounded by far better talent than is on the Broncos current roster.

DBroncos4life
01-29-2012, 11:09 AM
The Jets are a fing train wreck. They have less weapons then us and a tub of **** coach that sucks. I'm sure Manning will jump all over that.

BroncoBeavis
01-29-2012, 11:15 AM
First off, I'm excited to see what improvement TEBOW can make with a full offseason. The kid was good enough to get us into the playoffs and win a game we weren't supposed to win.

I have not doubt that he will be a better passer next year. So, that is exciting in its own right!

That being said, Peyton Manning is maybe the best QB ever. He is certainly the most cerebral...that is a given. If he is healthy, he can play for 4-5 more years easily.

As for coming to the Broncos...I think he would be intrigued. He knows Elway, Fox is a guy he would respect, that would give him some lattitude. McCoy is a guy that listen to him. And, despite all you "Bashers", this team, has a hell of alot of offensive talent.

Our Offensive Line - This unit is one of the youngest and BEST in the NFL. We need to add depth, but if you don't think there is talent there...then, you don't know football.

Our Receivers - This unit is solid and has two Pro-bowl players waiting to happen...in Thomas and Decker. Royal is another guy who could be special if utilized the right way. We may not resign eddie, but there are guys in FA, that would fit well with Manning. And, who wouldn't want to come to Denver with Manning here?

Our Tight Ends - Has everyone really given up on Orange Julius already? Not me. I like both he and Green. Both guys are big, with great hands. With Rosario and Fells, this position isn't as bad as everyone thinks. People might be surprised if we actually called their number once in a while.

Our Running Backs - Manning would be perfect for Magahee, because we could even out our run to pass numbers (50-50) instead of 65-35. We add a guy to strengthen the stable and mix in JJ and Fannin. Not so bad

Del Rio on Defense....our draft being used to strengthen this area for the 2nd year in a row.

This team just made it to the divisional round of the playoffs.

Yes, Manning would be interested. And, yes, Elway should be interested in Manning. I don't think it will happen...because I don't think our budget will allow it, especially when we have an up and comer in Tebow who is on his rookie contract, making peanuts.

Any other team interested in Peyton need only show him a 'greatest hits' compilation of our O-line's play vs the Patriots a couple weeks ago.

He'll either sign with that other team immediately or retire.

errand
01-29-2012, 11:16 AM
That's a pretty far fetched notion to me considering he's eked out 1 SB victory in his career surrounded by far better talent than is on the Broncos current roster.

Nobody has ever won a SB without making it to the playoffs first....you forget he's going up against the Steelers and Patriots damn near every time he's gone.....that's not a walk in the park you know.

His value to a team is best illustrated by the colts getting #1pick in draft in year prior to him being drafted...and the one year he didn't play.

NFLBRONCO
01-29-2012, 11:22 AM

TY

You'd think Manning would have been in at least 5 SB's with the talent he had.

errand
01-29-2012, 11:34 AM
TY

yes because it's always easy to beat pittsburgh and new england and the ravens.... not to mention the titans when they had mcnair and george, or the raiders when they had gannon, the chargers with brees and rivers... his one superbowl loss was to drew brees and the saints..... you clowns don't know what the **** you're talking about

Broncos4me
01-29-2012, 11:35 AM
While bringing in a veteran would be good for Tim and the team, Manning is too big a question mark. In a risk vs reward equation I think the risk is higher than the potential rewards. He's going to be expensive, the health is a question. Tim played well enough to get us from a 1-4 start without a full off season to a play-off victory against the Steelers. We probably do need more depth at the QB for injuries and what not and a veteran would be great, but Manning would be more of a risk and a problem then it would be worth. We had a QB controversy with Orton who wasn't anywhere in Manning's league. Get another QB for the depth chart, but not Manning. Let's focus our money on fixing all our other issues.

cmhargrove
01-29-2012, 11:47 AM
If Manning plays again he will be a Jet ........ two Mannings in the same stadium is a New York wet dream. So the question to ask is would you like to see Sanchez in a Denver uniform. The thought of that makes me want to puke......

Manning is going to Seattle. Book it!

Heyneck
01-29-2012, 11:48 AM
yes because it's always easy to beat pittsburgh and new england and the ravens.... not to mention the titans when they had mcnair and george, or the raiders when they had gannon, the chargers with brees and rivers... his one superbowl loss was to drew brees and the saints..... you clowns don't know what the **** you're talking about

Dude....Payton has been an under achiever in his career. Sorry but that just the truth. Didn't he start his career by going 0-5(6) in his first playoffs games? He lost to a lousy Fielder led dolphins for crying out lout!!! He had awesome teams that chocked!!!

Still Payton is the best pocket passer I have ever seen.

cmhargrove
01-29-2012, 11:51 AM
Would Manning get pissed knowing such a stupid question would be asked by a Broncos fan? Do you really think we would throw just 12 passes with Manning under center and not Tebow? Puhleeeeaze child!

Sometimes I worry about this place. Was this your serious response to a sarcastic post?

Wow.

DBroncos4life
01-29-2012, 12:20 PM

Considering they won two games without him shows HE is the talent in Indy

TheReverend
01-29-2012, 12:30 PM
yes because it's always easy to beat pittsburgh and new england and the ravens....

You should apply that philosophy to your Tebow hate.

bombquixote
01-29-2012, 12:30 PM
if the Colts let him walk instead of paying him his roster bonus, i will be highly disappointed if John didn't at least make a quick call to Peyton and gauge his interest in coming to Denver.

most likely Peyton will go to a place like New York to play on a team that is basically a QB away from a super bowl run instead of a team that while improved and coming off a playoff berth is still quite a ways off of being a super bowl contender; but it would still be dumb to not at least make the call.

Dude. Who are you avatars?

Heyneck
01-29-2012, 12:40 PM

^5

DHallblows
01-29-2012, 12:41 PM
Wait are we talking about Peyton's talent-filled team that just went 2-14 without him?

Butterscotch Stallion
01-29-2012, 01:13 PM

.....and boom goes the dynamite.

errand
01-29-2012, 02:11 PM
Dude....Payton has been an under achiever in his career. Sorry but that just the truth. Didn't he start his career by going 0-5(6) in his first playoffs games? He lost to a lousy Fielder led dolphins for crying out lout!!! He had awesome teams that chocked!!!

Still Payton is the best pocket passer I have ever seen.

his 2nd season he was beaten by Titans who had a pretty good defense, and an offense led by Steve McNair, and Eddie George 19-16

In his 3rd season he lost to dolphins 23-17 in OT...Vanderjagt missed GW FG in OT...hardly Peyton's fault wouldn't you agree?

His 4th season he got spanked by Jets 41-0...it was his lone egg he laid in the playoffs statistically speaking.

His 5th season he spanked Denver 41-10, then beat chiefs 38-31 and lost AFCCG to Brady and Pats 24-14

His 6th season he spanked us (again) 49-24, and lost to Brady and Pats again 20-3

his 7th season he got beat by Steelers and Big Ben 21-18 as Vanderjagt again missed a clutch FG that would've sent game to OT.

his 8th season he beat KC and Baltimore then beat Bears to win SB

his 9th and 10th seasons saw him lose to a pretty damn good Chargers team led by pro bowl QB Phillips Rivers and HoF rb LT....in the first one he lost 23-17 in OT as the chargers won toss, took ball and drove down the field...hardly Peyton's fault wouldn't you agree?

his 11th season he beat the Ravens and the very much improved Jets to win AFC title...lost to Saints and probable HoF Drew Brees in SB.

his 12th season he got beat by the Jets this time 17-16 after the colt's ST's gave up big return, and defense gave up huge completion to Edwards, then Jets kick GW with no time left...again, hardly Peyton's fault, wouldn't you agree?

Other than the Dolphins loss (Lamar smith having a career day just like Timmy smith had against us in SB XXII), he went up against some pretty ****ing good teams....

Point being is sure the colts got beat several times in playoffs with him...but he generally played very well in all of them, and had his team in position to win several more....add in he went up against some pretty outstanding teams in Titans, Pats, Steelers and Chargers....and to say Peyton "choked" is pretty ****ing stupid

Butterscotch Stallion
01-29-2012, 02:16 PM
his 2nd season he was beaten by Titans who had a pretty good defense, and an offense led by Steve McNair, and Eddie George 19-16

In his 3rd season he lost to dolphins 23-17 in OT...Vanderjagt missed GW FG in OT...hardly Peyton's fault wouldn't you agree?

His 4th season he got spanked by Jets 41-0...it was his lone egg he laid in the playoffs statistically speaking.

His 5th season he spanked Denver 41-10, then beat chiefs 38-31 and lost AFCCG to Brady and Pats 24-14

His 6th season he spanked us (again) 49-24, and lost to Brady and Pats again 20-3

his 7th season he got beat by Steelers and Big Ben 21-18 as Vanderjagt again missed a clutch FG that would've sent game to OT.

his 9th and 10th seasons saw him lose to a pretty damn good Chargers team led by pro bowl QB Phillips Rivers and HoF rb LT....in the first one he lost 23-17 in OT as the chargers won toss, took ball and drove down the field...hardly Peyton's fault wouldn't you agree?

his 11th season he beat the Ravens and the very much improved Jets to win AFC title...lost to Saints and probable HoF Drew Brees in SB.

his 12th season he got beat by the Jets this time 17-16 after the colt's ST's gave up big return, and defense gave up huge completion to Edwards, then Jets kick GW with no time left...again, hardly Peyton's fault, wouldn't you agree?

Other than the Dolphins loss (Lamar smith having a career day just like Timmy smith had against us in SB XXII), he went up against some pretty ****ing good teams....

Point being is sure the colts got beat several times in playoffs against him...but he generally played very well in all of them, and had his team in position to win several more....add in he went up against some pretty outstanding teams in Titans, Pats, Steelers and Chargers....and to say Peyton "choked" is pretty ****ing stupid

man, you cant be critical of Manning with all these peyboners getting huffy.

errand
01-29-2012, 02:20 PM

first off I don't hate Tebow...your man crush on him leads you to defend him like he's your girl where any criticism of him makes you go psycho in defending him.

Defending Peyton Manning who has proven he's an elite player and is arguably his generations best ever if not the NFL's is alot different than you man crushing on a guy that can run like a FB, but throws like an orangatang most of the time.

See Manning has played at such a high level, to say that he's to blame for his team's failures is laughable...it's like blaming Elway for those SB pratfalls in the 80's. He had a good team...but he didn't have a great team, and in the end lost to the better team, or was betrayed by a small defense that got gashed for big play after big play.

I'm not worried that Tebow lost to the Patriots moron...tom Brady and the Pats have beaten alot better QB's than Tebow in their time.....I'm more concerned with his **** performances vs the Bills and Chiefs...care to discuss his performances in those games? (Let me guess, it was everyone else's fault he sucked in those games right?)

bronco militia
01-29-2012, 02:20 PM
TY

What is this talent you speak of? The colts have been terrible in every game peyton has missed over his entire career.

errand
01-29-2012, 02:22 PM
man, you cant be critical of Manning with all these peyboners getting huffy.

Defending a sure fire first time ballot hall of famer is pretty ****ing easy because he's a great QB....not some hopefully will be who may or may not turn out to be a never was

NFLBRONCO
01-29-2012, 02:24 PM
What is this talent you speak of? The colts have been terrible in every game peyton has missed over his entire career.

lol

errand
01-29-2012, 02:25 PM
Wait are we talking about Peyton's talent-filled team that just went 2-14 without him?

Not to mention they went 1-15 the year prior to his arrival....if any Qb could sue his team for non-support it's Peyton Manning

errand
01-29-2012, 02:29 PM
Sometimes I worry about this place. Was this your serious response to a sarcastic post?

Wow.

Well in fairness to him and the rest of us, you have to agree alot of posters on here blame Tebow's problems on everyone, anyone but him....we just figured you were bashing the coaching staff's limiting Tebow throwing the ball, when the fact probably is he hasn't shown them enough that they have confidence in him throwing it more.

NFLBRONCO
01-29-2012, 02:31 PM
DL was good for years WR corps with Harrison Wayne Stokley. Marshall Faulk and Edge were pretty darn good too. If Indy had complete trash minus Peyton I'm more impressed with what Elway did in his career. I think AFC was down this year and imo Colts could have won more then 2 games this year if they really wanted to.

I'm not saying losing Manning isn't huge it is but, I laugh when people act like his teams were total crap like the 80's Broncos or something.

Miss I.
01-29-2012, 02:32 PM
I was more upset they expressed interest in signing Matt Cassel. ;D

Seriously though, not upset per se, but I don't think they should. He's too expensive and his health is questionable. It'd be nice for Tebow to learn from a great veteran, but this would be divisive. Besides I doubt Peyton is interested in us.

KO5K
01-29-2012, 02:34 PM
I'd expect them to show interest but I don't think there's any way he comes here.

I'd expect half the teams in the NFL to at least discuss the notion of bringing in Manning.

TheReverend
01-29-2012, 02:38 PM
first off I don't hate Tebow...your man crush on him leads you to defend him like he's your girl where any criticism of him makes you go psycho in defending him.

Defending Peyton Manning who has proven he's an elite player and is arguably his generations best ever if not the NFL's is alot different than you man crushing on a guy that can run like a FB, but throws like an orangatang most of the time.

See Manning has played at such a high level, to say that he's to blame for his team's failures is laughable...it's like blaming Elway for those SB pratfalls in the 80's. He had a good team...but he didn't have a great team, and in the end lost to the better team, or was betrayed by a small defense that got gashed for big play after big play.

I'm not worried that Tebow lost to the Patriots moron...tom Brady and the Pats have beaten alot better QB's than Tebow in their time.....I'm more concerned with his **** performances vs the Bills and Chiefs...care to discuss his performances in those games? (Let me guess, it was everyone else's fault he sucked in those games right?)

Cliffs of terrible post:

Peyton gets special rules from errand despite having a far superior offensive supporting cast.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-29-2012, 02:42 PM

Point being is sure the colts got beat several times in playoffs against him...but he generally played very well in all of them, and had his team in position to win several more....add in he went up against some pretty outstanding teams in Titans, Pats, Steelers and Chargers....and to say Peyton "choked" is pretty ****ing stupid

L O L

Print out a picture of Peyton, poke a hole in it, and get a room.

cmhargrove
01-29-2012, 02:43 PM
Well in fairness to him and the rest of us, you have to agree alot of posters on here blame Tebow's problems on everyone, anyone but him....we just figured you were bashing the coaching staff's limiting Tebow throwing the ball, when the fact probably is he hasn't shown them enough that they have confidence in him throwing it more.

Its just a joke. Humor and all that.

In all fairness, the general popuation here just needs to lighten up and assume the best in others before taking offense. More fun, less arguing. :thumbs:

errand
01-29-2012, 02:49 PM
I was more upset they expressed interest in signing Matt Cassel. ;D

Seriously though, not upset per se, but I don't think they should. He's too expensive and his health is questionable. It'd be nice for Tebow to learn from a great veteran, but this would be divisive. Besides I doubt Peyton is interested in us.

Well if peyton reads this site and what the nuthuggers say about him, and his hall of fame career, you're probably correct....

Dr. Broncenstein
01-29-2012, 02:49 PM
Cliffs of terrible post:

Peyton gets special rules from errand despite having a far superior offensive supporting cast.

Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Edgerrin James, and Brandon Stokely? Pfffttt.....

errand
01-29-2012, 02:52 PM
L O L

Print out a picture of Peyton, poke a hole in it, and get a room.

You mean like you and your Tebow fathead you put over the glory hole in the local restroom?

TheReverend
01-29-2012, 02:53 PM
Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Edgerrin James, and Brandon Stokely? Pfffttt.....

They're no Royal, Fells and Lance Ball that's for sure.

rbackfactory80
01-29-2012, 02:55 PM
What's his post-season record? And it's compiled over how many consecutive seasons of making it to the playoffs?

You know there was a time when Elway was considered a choker too....Dan Marino only played in one SB...doesn't diminish his ability as a qb.

Take a look at his record versus Denver to find his inflated postseason stats. Any respectable team handed it to him in the postseason.

BTW I think Manning is the best QB during the REGULAR season I have ever seen play.

errand
01-29-2012, 02:55 PM
Cliffs of terrible post:

Nuthugger to english translation - I can't argue this cuz Tebow couldn't carry Ryan Fitzpatrick's jock, let alone Peyton Manning's

Dedhed
01-29-2012, 02:56 PM
Nobody has ever won a SB without making it to the playoffs first....you forget he's going up against the Steelers and Patriots damn near every time he's gone.....that's not a walk in the park you know.
So that would be different if he were in Denver?

Miss I.
01-29-2012, 02:57 PM
Well if peyton reads this site and what the nuthuggers say about him, and his hall of fame career, you're probably correct....

Errand, I sincerely doubt Peyton Manning cares about Bronco fans on a bulletin board. Frankly if any players read this site I would be very shocked, much less Manning.

Peyton is absolutely a brilliant QB, smart, a terrific pocket passer, but he's also going to be very expensive and his health is a question mark. Plus as other posters have pointed out, we do not have an elite offense right now. Our WRs are very young and inexperienced and that's just the start of it.

Peyton is good, but he had amazing people to throw to also. I don't discount that he was the engine for that team, but not sure he would be here without a better offense. And why would he want to come to a city that is clearly in love with Tebow. He's not stupid, arrogant perhaps, but I would never consider the man stupid either on the field or in business.

errand
01-29-2012, 03:00 PM
They're no Royal, Fells and Lance Ball that's for sure.

Nobody said Peyton had no talent..nor did anyone claim Tebow had better talent....just pointing out that you're thinking they're equals is pretty ****ing stupid

errand
01-29-2012, 03:04 PM
So that would be different if he were in Denver?

Nope...never said it would. But do you think our chances of beating the better teams is increased or decreased with Manning playing QB?

Miss I.
01-29-2012, 03:07 PM
Nope...never said it would. But do you think our chances of beating the better teams is increased or decreased with Manning playing QB?

A healthy Peyton Manning would increase our chances, but nobody knows what this injury did or how a full season without playing will impact him so it's too difficult to say he would help.

Spider
01-29-2012, 03:08 PM

^5

errand
01-29-2012, 03:08 PM
Take a look at his record versus Denver to find his inflated postseason stats. Any respectable team handed it to him in the postseason.

BTW I think Manning is the best QB during the REGULAR season I have ever seen play.

I'd say practically every team in playoffs are respectable teams, wouldn't you?

And he only had it handed to him, a few times....generally he had his team in position to win in 3-4 of his playoff losses .

Spider
01-29-2012, 03:10 PM
I cant even believe this is a debate, If P.Manning is cleared to play and he would come here , sign his ass yesterday ......cant believe some of the shiat I am reading .... No one , I mean no one can make an argument not to sign a healthy P. Manning good grief

TheReverend
01-29-2012, 03:14 PM
Nuthugger to english translation - I can't argue this cuz Tebow couldn't carry Ryan Fitzpatrick's jock, let alone Peyton Manning's

Wow. This is so sad...

errand
01-29-2012, 03:16 PM
A healthy Peyton Manning would increase our chances, but nobody knows what this injury did or how a full season without playing will impact him so it's too difficult to say he would help.

Well for sake of argument, we're going on best case scenario. I understand his health is currently questionable....i doubt anyone would sign him if he doesn't pass physical....

But if healthy, and playing for us, how far do you think we could go with him if Tebow was able to get us to divisional round?

errand
01-29-2012, 03:19 PM
Wow. This is so sad...

No sadder than you trashing a hall of famer when defending tebow.

Demonstrating your absurdity by being absurd myself.

errand
01-29-2012, 03:20 PM
I cant even believe this is a debate, If P.Manning is cleared to play and he would come here , sign his ass yesterday ......cant believe some of the shiat I am reading .... No one , I mean no one can make an argument not to sign a healthy P. Manning good grief

You seem to forget the nuthuggers on here.....

Spider
01-29-2012, 03:21 PM
You seem to forget the nuthuggers on here.....

Well the rev , I fully expected him to go full retard , but the others .... I was mildly shocked

OBF1
01-29-2012, 03:23 PM
It will NEVER happen, not worth my vote.

Miss I.
01-29-2012, 03:27 PM
Well for sake of argument, we're going on best case scenario. I understand his health is currently questionable....i doubt anyone would sign him if he doesn't pass physical....

But if healthy, and playing for us, how far do you think we could go with him if Tebow was able to get us to divisional round?

Peyton in his prime gives us the best shot if we improve our WR corps. Peyton is not mobile, but his quicker release and being well protected by an O line would not require it as much. Short term in ideal circumstance Peyton no doubt. But long term not sure it's the best thing for the team. Hard to say. Since we are playing fantasy football, can we trade a questionably healthy Manning for Aaron Rodgers because I would totally take him. ;D

RaiderH8r
01-29-2012, 03:33 PM
The fact is we could dramatically improve 3 positions of need for what it would cost for one year of his salary. I get the talent and expertise he brings but, as a practical matter, I will take three starters for the price of Peyton. But no, I wouldn't be pissed. It is stupid not to kick the tires but the fact is the only reason the Colts are unloading him is because he isn't a long term answer and a very questionable short term solution.

Heyneck
01-29-2012, 03:36 PM

Ok...in his second season he lost to the Titans. Still...the colts were favored to win. You talk about the titans defense? well points wise they allowed...9 fewer ponts than the colts. His stats for the game: 19/42 for 255 0 TD 0 INTs 1 Rush TD.

In his third season vs the dolphins: 17/32 for 191 0 TD 0 INTs. The dolphins did have a badass defence. But still...shouldn't elite QB > elite defences? (Not my words...just what most of the population thinks)

in his 4th season his somewhat regressed and the team didn't make the playoffs.

In his 5th season he got wooped by the jets: 14/31 for 100 0 TD 2 INT

Finally in his 6th season he finally gets his first playoff wins vs us and the chiefs. Woop de do!! He then goes and lays an egg against the pats. You know how many INTs Payton threw that year? 10. His stats for that game 23/47 for 237 1 TD 4 INTS (all ty law).

IN his 7th season he meets us again and kicked our asses. He later meets the pats and lays another egg after an amazing scoring season. His stats for that game: 27/42 for 238 0 TD 1 INTs.

In his 8th season his has an ok game against the steelers but still lose: 22/38 for 290 1 TD 0 INT. Still the Colt were the 1 AFC seed and the steelers the 6th.

In his 9th season: YEAHH SUPERBOWL. The funny thing is that he could have cost them any game during that postseason trip if it were not for a sudden rise of their defense. Postseason stats including superbowl: 97/153 for 1,034 3 TDs and 7 INTs. That less than 1 TD per game and almost 2 INTs per game.

In his 10th season: He loses against the charger when the colts were clearly the better team. His stats: 33/48 for 402 3 TDs 2 INts.

In his 11th season against the chargers again he lays an egg. His colts (12-4) were heavily favored against the chargers (8-8). Still they lost. His stats: 25/42 for 310 1 TD 0 INT.

In his 12th season another superbowl trip. This time he has a good postseason: His stats for the postseason: 87/128 for 958 6 TD 2 INT. Still he lost in a superbowl in which he was favored.

In his 13 season....one and done again. He loses vs de jets. His stats: 18/26 for 225 1 TD 0 INT.

So to sum it all up. (Counting this season) In his 14 years...Payton has missed the postseason 3 times. Still he has managed to reach the superbowl 2 times for an average of 1 every 7 years.

On the other side we have Brady. In his 12th year (11th as head QB) Brady has gone to the superbowl 5 times. Thats an average of almost 1 SB every 2 years.

Now why did I compare both? Well because statistically speaking Payton has been the better player during the SEASON during the course of their careers. Brady just takes it up another notch during the postseason.

So it's not pretty stupid saying Payton has chocked when he had the better team most of the time.

Ohh...Tebow won his first playoff game against that tough steelers defense you moan about when discussing payton. ON HIS FIRTS TRY!!!

just saying...

TheReverend
01-29-2012, 03:45 PM
No sadder than you trashing a hall of famer when defending tebow.

Demonstrating your absurdity by being absurd myself.

::)

Find ONE post over my entire registration here where I've said ANYTHING negative about Peyton Manning?

You on the other hand...

Butterscotch Stallion
01-29-2012, 04:26 PM
a guy with neck issues should never play behibd JD walton.

Dedhed
01-29-2012, 04:33 PM
Nope...never said it would. So you're just ignoring the entire context of the thread then?

But do you think our chances of beating the better teams is increased or decreased with Manning playing QB?
Do you think signing an injured 36 year to a huge contract helps or hinders our ability to address the numerous holes on this team?

Agamemnon
01-29-2012, 05:18 PM

This post is so stupid it hurts my head.

Archer81
01-29-2012, 05:21 PM
Its been said...but if Manning is healthy, he stays a Colt. I also think if I had to watch him do kabuki theater before every snap I'll end up stabbing a hobo.

:Broncos:

errand
01-29-2012, 05:26 PM
So you're just ignoring the entire context of the thread then?

Do you think signing an injured 36 year to a huge contract helps or hinders our ability to address the numerous holes on this team?

I have no problem keeping Tebow, dropping out of the Peyton sweepstakes, and going after several quality players to improve the team. My loyalty is to the Broncos, not any one player.

Not ignoring the context....just pointing out that if you can upgrade ANY position on the team, you do it....

Sure he'll not come cheap....but if his playing in Denver means we can compete for a title.....even if it's for 3-4 seasons.

opposing teams won't be able to worry about just stopping the run game....and while our WR's and TE's aren't of the same quality he had in Indy, they're not scrubs either.

I just think if the situations happens, we'll be a better team overall, as a top notch QB (even a 36 yr old coming off injury) will mask whatever inadequacies we might have overall. Peyton, if healthy can probably make us an almost instant contender.

errand
01-29-2012, 05:29 PM
This post is so stupid it hurts my head.

With a head like yours, something oughta hurt...

errand
01-29-2012, 05:37 PM
a guy with neck issues should never play behibd JD walton.

A QB like Manning gets rid of ball alot faster than Walton could give up a sack....

Our OL while not elite isn't as bad as they seem to you....they had to pass block for a QB that didn't always make quick decisions. (will await the Pavlovian "you're a hater" response)

Agamemnon
01-29-2012, 05:40 PM
With a head like yours, something oughta hurt...

Do you ever post anything worth a ****? Ever? You are like a spam bot for human stupidity.

barryr
01-29-2012, 05:42 PM
I wouldn't be upset, but it wouldn't happen, so no point going on about it.

Agamemnon
01-29-2012, 05:44 PM
A QB like Manning gets rid of ball alot faster than Walton could give up a sack....

Our OL while not elite isn't as bad as they seem to you....they had to pass block for a QB that didn't always make quick decisions. (will await the Pavlovian "you're a hater" response)

I wonder how Manning got the messed up neck. It couldn't have been a hit in the pocket. He gets rid of the ball too fast. I mean come on. Manning has never been sacked in his career because he gets rid of the ball quicker than even unblocked pass rushers can get to him right? ::)

errand
01-29-2012, 05:54 PM
I wonder how Manning got the messed up neck. It couldn't have been a hit in the pocket. He gets rid of the ball too fast. I mean come on. Manning has never been sacked in his career because he gets rid of the ball quicker than even unblocked pass rushers can get to him right? ::)

Now you're just being stupid....sure he'll get sacked, but not as often as Tebow holding the ball trying to figure out the coverage that Manning would have already known was before the snap

Agamemnon
01-29-2012, 06:08 PM
Now you're just being stupid....sure he'll get sacked, but not as often as Tebow holding the ball trying to figure out the coverage that Manning would have already known was before the snap

I never cease to be amazed how defenders coming free multiple times every game equates to Tebow "holding the ball too long". Tebow has certainly held the ball too long at times, but our o-line has made a pretty bad habit of whiffing on pass rushers. Yet whenever this is mentioned, it's always "Tebow held the ball too long!" even when a lineman just got blown up and a defender came in unhindered.

And let's be honest. When that happens, Tebow often makes the guy miss anyway. With Manning that will almost always be a sack.

DBroncos4life
01-29-2012, 06:12 PM

Outside of Marino you won't find a QB that has been harder to sack then Manning. Manning average sacks per season is 17 times.

Heyneck
01-29-2012, 06:41 PM
Outside of Marino you won't find a QB that has been harder to sack then Manning. Manning average sacks per season is 17 times.

1 bad hit is all it takes. Don't be fooled by fools gold. The dude has had 2 neck surgeries in 17 months.

Bronco Yoda
01-29-2012, 06:59 PM
We don't have the WR's or TE's for such a player to do any good anyway. We gave them all away already. Our line would get him killed. Then in game 2 we'd have to bring in Tebow off the bench anyway just to eat Mellon heads salary sitting in the hospital.

--------

Upon reflection maybe it would be worth it to see Mellon get pulverized.... even if it is at our own expense :giggle:

houghtam
01-29-2012, 07:02 PM
I never cease to be amazed how defenders coming free multiple times every game equates to Tebow "holding the ball too long". Tebow has certainly held the ball too long at times, but our o-line has made a pretty bad habit of whiffing on pass rushers. Yet whenever this is mentioned, it's always "Tebow held the ball too long!" even when a lineman just got blown up and a defender came in unhindered.

And let's be honest. When that happens, Tebow often makes the guy miss anyway. With Manning that will almost always be a sack.

Nope, logic, common sense and oh-I-dunno actually watching the games doesn't work. It makes you a Tebow nut hugger.

Gort
01-29-2012, 07:03 PM

oh good grief! you've lost your mind. it's not about Tebow or Orton or Cutler or Plummer or whomever we have as the current starting QB.

there is no scenario where bringing in an expensive, aging, selfish QB like Manning would help the future of this franchise. we are not 1 player away from a superbowl run and Manning's presence here for 1 or 2 seasons would have ripple effects long after he's gone. we'd have to cater to his every whim while he's here and would have to spend all of our draft picks on offense just to give him some targets to throw to or blockers to protect him.

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/the-hq-dar-321.jpg?w=920&h=715

oubronco
01-29-2012, 07:07 PM
“According to sources who were involved in the Colts’ GM search, the organization was planning to move on from Manning weeks ago, well before this public squabble between the quarterback and his owner,” NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora said Friday on “NFL Total Access.”

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/01/28/la-canfora-manning-decision-made-weeks-ago/

TDmvp
01-29-2012, 07:10 PM
we are not 1 player away from a superbowl run

No idea how people don't get this...

GreatBronco16
01-29-2012, 08:47 PM
LOL at all the people wanting Manning here.

Yeah, he's the one to put us over the top.:giggle:

Bronco Rob
01-30-2012, 05:34 AM
Hold your horses: Peyton Manning won't be playing for the Broncos

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19848001

:thumbs:

BroncoBeavis
01-30-2012, 06:47 AM
Hold your horses: Peyton Manning won't be playing for the Broncos

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19848001

:thumbs:

The haters won't believe it. Take away Manning and they have to start fantasizing about Blaine Gabbert again :)

TonyR
01-30-2012, 07:14 AM
“According to sources who were involved in the Colts’ GM search, the organization was planning to move on from Manning weeks ago, well before this public squabble between the quarterback and his owner,” NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora said Friday on “NFL Total Access.”

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/01/28/la-canfora-manning-decision-made-weeks-ago/

Yup, this is probably why Polian was ousted. Polian was probably pro-Manning whereas Irsay was probably ready to move on with Luck.

chawknz
01-30-2012, 08:20 AM
It's Peyton Manning for christ sake! Of course we take him if we can. Not that I think we have a chance at him.

houghtam
01-30-2012, 10:08 AM
The haters won't believe it. Take away Manning and they have to start fantasizing about Blaine Gabbert again :)

LOL yeah it will turn into a "Legwold is a terrible writer/doesn't know what he's talking about/visits the Mane" thread, precisely because he brought up the same exact points we did.

Kaylore
01-30-2012, 10:14 AM
The down side to bringing in Manning is microscopic compared to the upside.

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 10:17 AM

Not according to Tebow fans.

BroncoBeavis
01-30-2012, 10:21 AM

Completely depends on the terms. Putting up tons of guaranteed money on a guy who's (at best) one bad hit away from the end of his career...

If not structured right, it could set a team back years. And he might not even make it through a season.

Plus the upside is completely dependent on the team. We don't have the weapons for Manning to be Manning. There's no guarantee you could get the right pieces in place in time. And that wouldn't be cheap either.

Spider
01-30-2012, 10:29 AM
Completely depends on the terms. Putting up tons of guaranteed money on a guy who's (at best) one bad hit away from the end of his career...

If not structured right, it could set a team back years. And he might not even make it through a season.

Plus the upside is completely dependent on the team. We don't have the weapons for Manning to be Manning. There's no guarantee you could get the right pieces in place in time. And that wouldn't be cheap either.

and you are judging all of this off of a hesitant Tebow throwing and before FA comes around ...... Pure genius ......

BroncoBeavis
01-30-2012, 10:38 AM
and you are judging all of this off of a hesitant Tebow throwing and before FA comes around ...... Pure genius ......

Dude, the protection in the NE game was SO BAD that team officials were telling DP reporters that they think McD must've given the Pats some kind of inside information on the snap count.

They were made to look foolish, and even team officials knew it. No rational human being could look at that game and think that the O-Line is fine and the problem was Tebow holding the ball. He was literally running for his life out there.

Heyneck
01-30-2012, 10:42 AM

Sorry but not sure if serious. First we would have to give him a huge contract...money we could spend on the multiple holes on the roster.

We would also have to upgrade the awesome duo of Beadles and Walton because if not he would be beaten to the pulp by the end of the first quarter of the first game. (Though Beadles did improve this season).

We would need to get him a better tight end and a reliable receiver. (I think that wherever that Payton goes, Wayne fallows).

We need all the resources we can to make this a competitive and better team. Inject more youth, coupled with smart FA additions will go in a long way to developing the FOX way. Dominant defense, strong running game.

And this is without even talking about the offensive system having to change. Manning has been used to running his offense for the last 14 years. What type of consistency are we going to get if we never commit to it?

And finally...we would still not know what Tebow would look like with an offseason under his belt and the ragging debate would continue among the fanbase.

If Tebow tanks next season then we search for another QB, right now the best thing for the franchise is to continue strengthening the defense and offensive line. Grab a stud RB to complement Willis (or vice versa), and a speed demon WR.

*Plus...I bet any of you that Payton doesn't play another down next season (probably calls it quits). A guy like Shanny could take a swing at him...but the results would not be better than his Daryl Gardner signing.

Butterscotch Stallion
01-30-2012, 10:44 AM
year two of a rebuild? yeah lets bring in an expensive qb qith minimal years left! the ghost of Shanny is alive.... how about we keep developing our youth while loading up with more young talent for ****ing once.

idiots.

The tebow factor has ruined Kaylore. the first thing that makes me not like Tebow.

BroncoBeavis
01-30-2012, 10:54 AM
year two of a rebuild? yeah lets bring in an expensive qb qith minimal years left! the ghost of Shanny is alive.... how about we keep developing our youth while loading up with more young talent for ****ing once.

idiots.

The tebow factor has ruined Kaylore. the first thing that makes me not like Tebow.

This is basically wanting the Broncs to pull a 2008 Jets and bring in Favre. You can't just plunk a sunsetting HOF'er on any roster in the NFL and start expecting Super Bowls.

What the Broncos accomplished this year is the antithesis of Manning football. It is not a good fit. Fox is not that guy. Peyton knows it. The Broncos know it. Only people desperate to throw the guy who spanked them in the BCS championship under the bus even bother entertaining this kind of crap. :)

Spider
01-30-2012, 11:09 AM
Dude, the protection in the NE game was SO BAD that team officials were telling DP reporters that they think McD must've given the Pats some kind of inside information on the snap count.

They were made to look foolish, and even team officials knew it. No rational human being could look at that game and think that the O-Line is fine and the problem was Tebow holding the ball. He was literally running for his life out there.

LOL , Manning can read short and long , and whats open for manning is covered for Tebow ..... you really think People are going to blitz manning like they did Tebow ? really ? ........

Spider
01-30-2012, 11:10 AM
This is basically wanting the Broncs to pull a 2008 Jets and bring in Favre. You can't just plunk a sunsetting HOF'er on any roster in the NFL and start expecting Super Bowls.

What the Broncos accomplished this year is the antithesis of Manning football. It is not a good fit. Fox is not that guy. Peyton knows it. The Broncos know it. Only people desperate to throw the guy who spanked them in the BCS championship under the bus even bother entertaining this kind of crap. :)

:rofl: not expecting Super bowls , Not once , But you brain dead fools over look what Tebow could learn from Manning in a season or 2 ....... freaking geniuses

Heyneck
01-30-2012, 11:17 AM
:rofl: not expecting Super bowls , Not once , But you brain dead fools over look what Tebow could learn from Manning in a season or 2 ....... freaking geniuses

After those 2 seasons we would have to change systems again! Do you think any of Tebow's skills translate to a Payton type offense? All he could possibly learn for him is to read and study defenses. The same thing QB coaches/Offensi Coordinators are for.

Why would we go to Payton in Tebow's 3rd year to go back to him in his 5th???

Some people can't get their head out of their asses.

BroncoBeavis
01-30-2012, 11:18 AM
LOL , Manning can read short and long , and whats open for manning is covered for Tebow ..... you really think People are going to blitz manning like they did Tebow ? really ? ........

Absolutely. The book on beating Manning is pressure. Add to that a turnstyle in the middle of the OL, and you can bank it.

Also, weren't you just calling me stupid a few weeks ago for being late pointing out that we probably only field 2WR's because that's pretty much all we had?

Add to that the fact that we consistently lined up linemen at TE because our TE's can't block (Probably should've kept Graham after all)

You think Manning wants any part of this? Comedy Gold.

Spider
01-30-2012, 11:21 AM
After those 2 seasons we would have to change systems again! Do you think any of Tebow's skills translate to a Payton type offense? All he could possibly learn for him is to read and study defenses. The same thing QB coaches/Offensi Coordinators are for.

Tebow will have to go with a Traditional offense , that shiat on the field we used last season doesnt cut it , No one wants to run that offense next year , abysmal failure ... I have hope of you getting your head out of your ass , I havent given up on you .......

houghtam
01-30-2012, 11:22 AM

I'm calling BS on this, as this shows you didn't watch the game. Much of the pressure (and half of the sacks) came from a simple pass rush. Tebow didn't have time to throw all game long.

Getting Manning would set this franchise back, IMO.

Let Tebow sink or swim this season, after a full offseason and surrounding him with talent that just isn't there right now. If he sinks, cut him. If he doesn't sink, great, then that probably means playoffs.

Either way, at least we'll know.

BroncoBeavis
01-30-2012, 11:22 AM

Hey, if it could go down like that, I might be for it. Unicorns and Rainbows and all. But Peyton's dad basically came out and said Peyton wouldn't be that guy for Luck. Why would he be that guy for any other team he cares even less about than the Colts?

It's all Fantasy Island stuff.

Spider
01-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Absolutely. The book on beating Manning is pressure. Add to that a turnstyle in the middle of the OL, and you can bank it.

Also, weren't you just calling me stupid a few weeks ago for being late pointing out that we probably only field 2WR's because that's pretty much all we had?

Add to that the fact that we consistently lined up linemen at TE because our TE's can't block (Probably should've kept Graham after all)

You think Manning wants any part of this? Comedy Gold.

No , I call you stupid all the time , but not about the wr 's once again you are confused , nothing new there ...... and you dont know what we bring in for FA ...

Spider
01-30-2012, 11:25 AM
Hey, if it could go down like that, I might be for it. Unicorns and Rainbows and all. But Peyton's dad basically came out and said Peyton wouldn't be that guy for Luck. Why would he be that guy for any other team he cares even less about than the Colts?

It's all Fantasy Island stuff.

$$$$$$$$ ..... and lets face it , if Manning were to come here ( big if ) No way in hell does he have to worry bout having a bad game and getting Benched for the likes of Tebow at this point of Tebows development and play

NFLBRONCO
01-30-2012, 11:26 AM
Old Bowlen might have been bold for this type move. Today's Bowlen forget it.

Heyneck
01-30-2012, 11:33 AM
Tebow will have to go with a Traditional offense , that shiat on the field we used last season doesnt cut it , No one wants to run that offense next year , abysmal failure ... I have hope of you getting your head out of your ass , I havent given up on you .......

Ohhhh....hope you can understand the system that Payton runs is different from that of any other QB. Because HE runs it! I never talked about traditional offense. Though I agree that's what Tebow has to run one for him to be successful. But having a QB like Tebow and not being creative by sprinkling some option here an there is just not being smart.

Ohh...and that abysmal failure of offense got us to 8-8 and the playoffs. But keep trying to get your head out of you ass. Almost there!!!

Spider for GM???

Chris
01-30-2012, 11:38 AM

Was that a surgery joke

Heyneck
01-30-2012, 11:40 AM

Blitz Payton up the middle, make him move outside the pocket and it's over. I am sure he could complete the passes...but he would get knocked silly because of his super athletic ability.

And that mega combo of Walton and Beadles (middle of the line) will sure make him look like his old self right?

Look, nobody can argue that Payton>Tebow. If we could get him 4 or 5 year younger with no neck problems, NO DOUBT!

The timing is just not right!

Smiling Assassin27
01-30-2012, 11:44 AM
It will NEVER happen, not worth my vote.

What you talkin' about, man?

Sincerely,

Tony Dorsett, Butch Johnson, Jerry Rice, Andre Reed, Robert Brooks, Leon Lett, Sam Adams, and Anthony Miller

:afro:

BroncoBeavis
01-30-2012, 11:45 AM
No , I call you stupid all the time , but not about the wr 's once again you are confused , nothing new there ...... and you dont know what we bring in for FA ...

I think you were talking about the fact that I was just mentioning the WR's, as if I should've figured it out earlier than that. Or maybe it was someone else.

Anyway, I doubt Peyton's shopping around for a team that'll tell him "Well yeah, it was rough last year, but JUST WAIT til you see what we're going to do in Free Agency!"

Peyton getting paid is going to hamper anyone's Free Agency outlook. Another reason we're not going there. The team that lands Peyton needs to already have most the pieces in place (minus the QB)

Heyneck
01-30-2012, 12:09 PM
I think you were talking about the fact that I was just mentioning the WR's, as if I should've figured it out earlier than that. Or maybe it was someone else.

Anyway, I doubt Peyton's shopping around for a team that'll tell him "Well yeah, it was rough last year, but JUST WAIT til you see what we're going to do in Free Agency!"

Peyton getting paid is going to hamper anyone's Free Agency outlook. Another reason we're not going there. The team that lands Peyton needs to already have most the pieces in place (minus the QB)

^ This

Spider
01-30-2012, 12:16 PM
I think you were talking about the fact that I was just mentioning the WR's, as if I should've figured it out earlier than that. Or maybe it was someone else. it was someone else , all I have ever said about our WR is they are open some times but tebow is hesitant

Anyway, I doubt Peyton's shopping around for a team that'll tell him "Well yeah, it was rough last year, but JUST WAIT til you see what we're going to do in Free Agency!" you never know , depends if he can walk away right now and be happy with his NFL legacy ......

not really , only 4 teams have almost everything in place and they have their QB's ....

Heyneck
01-30-2012, 12:24 PM
it was someone else , all I have ever said about our WR is they are open some times but tebow is hesitant

you never know , depends if he can walk away right now and be happy with his NFL legacy ......

not really , only 4 teams have almost everything in place and they have their QB's ....

What about SF???

Think about it...Smith is a free agent and you could argue that SF is a QW/WR away from Superbowls. Manning and Wayne??? And they could go heavy on offense in the draft. Not sure what free agents they have, or cap space though.

*Still think Payton won't play again.

Spider
01-30-2012, 12:42 PM
What about SF???

Think about it...Smith is a free agent and you could argue that SF is a QW/WR away from Superbowls. Manning and Wayne??? And they could go heavy on offense in the draft. Not sure what free agents they have, or cap space though.

*Still think Payton won't play again.

no SF isnt that far away from a SB ? how did you come to that conclusion ? a Fumble in O.T. then screwed the niners ...... Thats fine I dont care if you think Manning plays again or not , just trying ot tell people of he does come here it would be a good thing

errand
01-30-2012, 12:47 PM

While we have less chance of signing him than other teams do, it doesn't mean we can't or won't. I mean, nobody thought we'd acquire Elway back in '83 (by all accounts Elway wanted to play for California team) but we did. Nobody thought Reggie White would sign with GB.....but he did.

Anything is possible.....but if he gets cleared to play, and we could acquire Manning and his cap hit was affordable, (however unlikely) why would you be against him playing in Denver?

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 12:58 PM
It's clear that no other QB in the NFL could possibly win in Denver but Tebow.

errand
01-30-2012, 01:01 PM

Here's a thought, maybe the Broncos sign Manning, trade Tebow, and draft another QB to develop next year.

Anything is possible, right?

Dedhed
01-30-2012, 01:06 PM
Here's a thought, maybe the Broncos sign Manning, trade Tebow, and draft another QB to develop next year.

Unless, of course, we're talking about Tim having earned the starting position and that the FO is, indeed, comfortable with him being the starter in 2012, right? That's not possible.

houghtam
01-30-2012, 01:11 PM

I would be more in favor of that happening than signing Manning and letting Tebow languish another year.

Butterscotch Stallion

not anything. I thought it was possible you would stop sucking at the internet and trolling a broncos board with a puppet account dontbemessin...but alas, Its NOT.

errand
It's clear that no other QB in the NFL could possibly win in Denver but Tebow.

Well according to 40% of the mane...

Heyneck
01-30-2012, 01:14 PM

It's possible. But here is what I think:

If we sign Payton...for him to choose us that would mean we are giving him a huge contract. So less resources for FA.

Second...this is a weak QB class. Who are we going to draft and develop that will not create a riot among the fanbase. If you could not see the love that the city has for Tebow at the end of the Pittsburgh game then you are just blind. (Remember Elway's words: reconnect with the fanbase) You think he would dare and trade Tebow? He could bring someone in to compete. And that someone could clearly beat him in camp. That someone could win the starting job and it would be fair.

We could make a play for Payton. But in no way we trade Tebow even if we get him.

But how you said. Anything is possible. Specially with out front office.

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 01:16 PM
Well according to 40% of the mane...

Brees is a FA. I'm sure if Denver brought him in for a visit posters would be pissed. Denver has no use for a SB MVP QB we have Tebow. What is funny is when Cutler was traded posters said no player is above being traded or no position can't be improved. Enters Tebow and we are set for life. The FO's job is to improve at any cost, if they are not doing that then they are letting us BRONCOS fans down.

Mile High Mojoe
01-30-2012, 01:17 PM

You never ever stop do you? Every single one of your posts are the same since Tebow became the starter. You’re such a bore, one of the biggest on the OM.

First of all Manning wouldn't come to Denver in the first place with Fox as Head Coach, his offense is too conservative.

Secondly I think in Manning’s own mind he doesn’t think the Broncos are Super Bowl team next year (I don’t agree with that of course, it could happen next year with the addition of the right players) and he’ll want to go the team that gives him the best shot at it winning one.

And lastly we don't need a high priced prima donna when we have other positions we'll have to drop major coin in the draft and through free agency. Why would the Broncos risk big $$$ on a player in his twilight that is one broken neck away from bankrupting an entire franchise.

We don’t want nor need Manning period.

errand
01-30-2012, 01:19 PM
not anything. I thought it was possible you would stop sucking at the internet and trolling a broncos board with a puppet account dontbemessin...but alas, Its NOT.

You're an idiot....

I personally like Tebow, but if he fails I'd have mixed emotions....sad a player with his character failed but glad the mane would be rid of his nuthugging fans

Heyneck
01-30-2012, 01:25 PM
Brees is a FA. I'm sure if Denver brought him in for a visit posters would be pissed. Denver has no use for a SB MVP QB we have Tebow. What is funny is when Cutler was traded posters said no player is above being traded or no position can't be improved. Enters Tebow and we are set for life. The FO's job is to improve at any cost, if they are not doing that then they are letting us BRONCOS fans down.

Ohh come one. Don't put words into other people's mouths. No one on this thread has said that we could not win with any other QBs, just not with an injured 36 year old. I would love Brees. But I live in the real world and not la la land. Dree Brees is a Saint for life. So that's why none of us would be pissed. Because it would never happen.

KO5K
01-30-2012, 01:26 PM
If he fails I'd have mixed emotions.

Says it all really.

:tebow:

Heyneck
01-30-2012, 01:31 PM
You're an idiot....

I personally like Tebow, but if he fails I'd have mixed emotions....sad a player with his character failed but glad the mane would be rid of his nuthugging fans

I don't like going into name calling...but sir by reading your lates comment your logic is: Tebow failed? How can a QB with no OTA of or offseason with the club, no starting reps during camp, take us to the Postseason win a playoff game (throwing the ball) against the #1 defense on his first try, be a failure?

You sir are an idiot.

Gort
01-30-2012, 01:33 PM
Says it all really.

:tebow:

i think he means he'd be HAPPY to see Tebow fail and SAD that Tebow is on the roster, hence "mixed emotions".

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 01:35 PM
Ohh come one. Don't put words into other people's mouths. No one on this thread has said that we could not win with any other QBs, just not with an injured 36 year old. I would love Brees. But I live in the real world and not la la land. Dree Brees is a Saint for life. So that's why none of us would be pissed. Because it would never happen.

A healthy 36 old Manning is still a top 5 QB on any NFL team and this is a message board not real world.

Gort
01-30-2012, 01:40 PM
A healthy 36 old Manning is still a top 5 QB on any NFL team and this is a message board not real world.

not any team. he has to have a good pass-blocking OL and weapons to throw to. he wouldn't find that in Denver right now. we are young and lacking in depth with our receivers and OL.

Heyneck
01-30-2012, 01:46 PM

Key word: Healthy! Something he is not and probably wont be.
No one will argue that Payton is a top 5 QB...even at his age. The thing we have stated in this thread is that he is not worth the risk because of his health issues.

You guys seem to forget Darryl Gardner. Didn't he have back/neck issues and was cleared to play? Dumb Shanny buys it, takes a risk and gets burned bad. Go do research about the surgery he had. Fusion something (sorry not a doctor) 2 times!!! People who have this type of surgery still have problems. Now imagine an athlete with this. Specially Payton with his wicked neck whips selling the play action.

Just not worth the risk!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/29/peyton-is-struggling-to-get-healthy/

Mile High Mojoe
01-30-2012, 01:46 PM
You're an idiot....

You’re a detestable Nancy Boy and you're no Broncos Fan. You're a whiny little bitch on an endless crusade and you’ve been dead wrong about Tebow from the get go. For God sakes get over yourself you idiot you’re been punked a 1,000 times why keep torturing yourself?

houghtam
01-30-2012, 01:55 PM
Key word: Healthy! Something he is not and probably wont be.
No one will argue that Payton is a top 5 QB...even at his age. The thing we have stated in this thread is that he is not worth the risk because of his health issues.

You guys seem to forget Darryl Gardner. Didn't he have back/neck issues and was cleared to play? Dumb Shanny buys it, takes a risk and gets burned bad. Go do research about the surgery he had. Fusion something (sorry not a doctor) 2 times!!! People who have this type of surgery still have problems. Now imagine an athlete with this. Specially Payton with his wicked neck whips selling the play action.

Just not worth the risk!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/29/peyton-is-struggling-to-get-healthy/

Gardner broke his wrist at an IHOP.

You may be thinking of John Mobley, who bruised his spinal column, or Al Wilson, who got a neck injury.

Your point still stands, though. Manning isn't healthy. I don't think he will be healthy. DBroncos4life's comparison to Brees was a dumb one, as Brees is younger, not a health risk, and is coming off a record breaking year. The two couldn't be more polar opposites at this point in their careers.

Butterscotch Stallion
01-30-2012, 01:56 PM
You’re a detestable Nancy Boy and you're no Broncos Fan. You're a whiny little b**** on an endless crusade and you’ve been dead wrong about Tebow from the get go. For God sakes get over yourself you idiot you’re been punked a 1,000 times why keep torturing yourself?

Because he is a Raiders troll. He just likes rilling us up because he is an internet nerd with no respectable life. It happens all of the time.

At least Bob owns it.

Errand is the worst kind of troll IMO.

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 01:57 PM
not any team. he has to have a good pass-blocking OL and weapons to throw to. he wouldn't find that in Denver right now. we are young and lacking in depth with our receivers and OL.

The guy is sacked a average of 17 times per year. Outside of Marino I don't think there was a NFL QB that gets the ball out of his hand faster. The 2010 Colts got sacked 16 times for 91 yards. Thats just over 5 yards per sack. 2011 Colts got sacked 35 times for 228 yards. That is just over 7 yards per sack. Factor in that the 2011 Colts passed 534 times vs the 2010 679 times which means the 2010 Colts got sacked once 42 pass attempts vs the 2011 Colts 15 pass attempts. Point is Manning makes the line WAY better then it really is.

Heyneck
01-30-2012, 02:09 PM
Gardner broke his wrist at an IHOP.

You may be thinking of John Mobley, who bruised his spinal column, or Al Wilson, who got a neck injury.

Your point still stands, though. Manning isn't healthy. I don't think he will be healthy. DBroncos4life's comparison to Brees was a dumb one, as Brees is younger, not a health risk, and is coming off a record breaking year. The two couldn't be more polar opposites at this point in their careers.

Nahh it was Gardener. I remember having high hopes only for his condition to flare up during training camp. But Al's and Mobley's injuries should be a warning.

http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=175210-nfl---gardener-likely-to-retire

Heyneck
01-30-2012, 02:11 PM
The guy is sacked a average of 17 times per year. Outside of Marino I don't think there was a NFL QB that gets the ball out of his hand faster. The 2010 Colts got sacked 16 times for 91 yards. Thats just over 5 yards per sack. 2011 Colts got sacked 35 times for 228 yards. That is just over 7 yards per sack. Factor in that the 2011 Colts passed 534 times vs the 2010 679 times which means the 2010 Colts got sacked once 42 pass attempts vs the 2011 Colts 15 pass attempts. Point is Manning makes the line WAY better then it really is.

Point is that one of those 17 sacks could be hard enough for him to not get up!

errand
01-30-2012, 02:15 PM
You never ever stop do you? Every single one of your posts are the same since Tebow became the starter. You’re such a bore, one of the biggest on the OM.

No they're not. What is the same though is if there is any criticism of Tebow, you're sure to follow up with you're handy dandy laminated excuse sheet to excuse his shortcomings

First of all Manning wouldn't come to Denver in the first place with Fox as Head Coach, his offense is too conservative.

First of all, you don't know that anymore than one of us saying he will does. BTW, we never said he will play for us, the discussion is if we'd be pissed if the FO pursued him...I think the FO would be remiss if they did not look into the possibility of him playing here.

As for this offense being "too conservative"?...you don't think having an average QB starting for us made being conservative a necessity? And wouldn't playing in a more conservative offense actually help extend Peyton's playing career (if healthy) as he'd be dropping back to pass less and we'd be running the ball more?

Secondly I think in Manning’s own mind he doesn’t think the Broncos are Super Bowl team next year (I don’t agree with that of course, it could happen next year with the addition of the right players) and he’ll want to go the team that gives him the best shot at it winning one.

Well if in your own opinion we're close to being a SB contender (with the right players who isn't, but whatever) then why would you think that Peyton couldn't see the same possibilities? My point is that he's accomplished alot in his career, he's got his ring, his money and records...maybe we'd be the only ones who give him the chance to prove he can still play at an elite level...and maybe he would welcome the challenge...maybe he thinks Tebow is the future, but needs a better mentor than Brady Quinn or some other vet we bring in...lot's of possible reasons he may or may not sign with us

And lastly we don't need a high priced prima donna when we have other positions we'll have to drop major coin on in the draft and through free agency. Why would the Broncos risk big $$$ on a player in his twilight that is one broken neck away from bankrupting an entire franchise.

you risk big $$$ on it if you believe you can win a title...maybe
Fox and elway see the same thing you see and I see, that this team is headed in right direction, and can contend for title....but we need a few upgrades here and there at key positions. But just because we got Dumerville and Miller doesn't mean you don't sign Julius Peppers if you can...And for the record i don't think Peyton is a prima donna...he's a franchise QB...even at 36 coming off injury.

And for those who think we shouldn't spend $$ on a player that is one big hit away from a wheel chair...what if Dawkins is cleared to play? would you want him back on the team as well, i mean after all he's had a serious neck injury, and he's two years older than Peyton.....why would we risk $$$ on him, but not Manning?

We don’t want nor need Manning period.

The FO might disagree with you...and 60% of those who voted in poll on here think otherwise too....doesn't mean it'll happen and odds are against it...but again it is possible

in bold

Gort
01-30-2012, 02:16 PM

put the 2010 version of Manning behind the 2011 Broncos OL and throwing to the 2011 Broncos WRs (minus Lloyd) and there is NO WAY he only gets sacked 16 times. our OL is ****ty at pass blocking. our current WRs can't get any separation and drop lots of balls. we are not "merely" missing a pro-style QB on this offense. Manning brings nothing of real value to the table for the Broncos and we wouldn't be too much improved having him behind center instead of Tebow. not saying that Manning isn't much better at QB than Tebow, just that it takes 11 guys on the field to execute an offensive gameplan and we are lacking just as much with the other 10 guys as we are at the QB position. i think Tebow will get better. i think our WRs will get better. i do not know if our OL will ever be any good at pass blocking. we are not close to a serious superbowl run, with or without an elite QB.

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 02:19 PM
Point is that one of those 17 sacks could be hard enough for him to not get up!

Samething can happen to any QB. You don't think Tebow is going to feel the side effects of the hits he takes 7 to 10 years down the road?

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 02:24 PM
put the 2010 version of Manning behind the 2011 Broncos OL and throwing to the 2011 Broncos WRs (minus Lloyd) and there is NO WAY he only gets sacked 16 times. our OL is ****ty at pass blocking. our current WRs can't get any separation and drop lots of balls. we are not "merely" missing a pro-style QB on this offense. Manning brings nothing of real value to the table for the Broncos and we wouldn't be too much improved having him behind center instead of Tebow. not saying that Manning isn't much better at QB than Tebow, just that it takes 11 guys on the field to execute an offensive gameplan and we are lacking just as much with the other 10 guys as we are at the QB position. i think Tebow will get better. i think our WRs will get better. i do not know if our OL will ever be any good at pass blocking. we are not close to a serious superbowl run, with or without an elite QB.

The SAME Colt line allowed almost 3 times as much sacks per pass attempt without Manning. Like I said before this just points out that you guys think no QB besides Tebow improves this team.

errand
01-30-2012, 02:27 PM
Brees is a FA.

And if given the choice between him at 33 in his prime and Manning and his health issue, go for it I say....upgrade ANY position we can....no matter who's feelings get hurt.

I'm sure if Denver brought him in for a visit posters would be pissed. Denver has no use for a SB MVP QB we have Tebow.

You would think that wouldn't be the case...but then again these hero worshippers are alot different from others we've had on here

What is funny is when Cutler was traded posters said no player is above being traded or no position can't be improved.

Cutler's skills as a QB are franchise level...his head isn't screwed on right in my personal opinion, but I do wonder what might have been had mike built a defense or had he and McDaniels been able to coexist.....Having said that i'd trade anyone if it can help us win the Lombardi

Enters Tebow and we are set for life. The FO's job is to improve at any cost, if they are not doing that then they are letting us BRONCOS fans down.

Agreed...Tebowites talk about winning the fanbase over....winning is what does that. If they think we can win with a title with Tebow, and this team then keep them...if not, dump them and get us the guys you think can

in bold

Butterscotch Stallion
01-30-2012, 02:29 PM
errand:
Agreed...Tebowites talk about winning the fanbase over....winning is what does that.

clearly it doesn't work on fags.

errand
01-30-2012, 02:32 PM
If Brian Dawkins is cleared to play and he stays in Denver, would he be worth the $$ risk? i mean afterall isn't he too, one bad hit away from being in a wheelchair? And isn't he too older than Manning?

Several reasons why you take the risk...first he's better than what you currently have on roster at that position...second their leadership and being a coach on the field is invaluable to younger players they mentor...and they're proven professionals who have shown they can win and play at the highest level possible. and last but not least...the future is now

Heyneck
Samething can happen to any QB. You don't think Tebow is going to feel the side effects of the hits he takes 7 to 10 years down the road?

He will...but the case is that he doesn't have a fragile neck like Payton does. His had 2 surguries in the last 2 years. Do you remember any highlight real of Payton getting light up? NO! This thing flared up after his 2009 season. After his 2010 it was still bothering him! He hasn't played since. Now imagine a big blind side hit. Probably game over.

Look, nobody argues that Payton rocks!!! He is just in a fragile state.

errand
errand:
Agreed...Tebowites talk about winning the fanbase over....winning is what does that.

clearly it doesn't work on fags.

Well, that explains your adversity to us upgrading the most important position on the team

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 02:33 PM
in bold

We all know we won't get Manning, but to sit here and read that he wouldn't improve the team is just unreal to me.

Butterscotch Stallion
01-30-2012, 02:34 PM
Well, that explains your adversity to us upgrading the most important position on the team

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 02:35 PM
He will...but the case is that he doesn't have a fragile neck like Payton does. His had 2 surguries in the last 2 years. Do you remember any highlight real of Payton getting light up? NO! This thing flared up after his 2009 season. After his 2010 it was still bothering him! He hasn't played since. Now imagine a big blind side hit. Probably game over.

Look, nobody argues that Payton rocks!!! He is just in a fragile state.

So if Manning is cleared to play and is 90% healthy who would you rather have?

Butterscotch Stallion
We all know we won't get Manning, but to sit here and read that he wouldn't improve the team is just unreal to me.

He would improve the team in the short term. And then he would be destroyed behind Walton and be throwing footballs through a straw the rest of his life.

Heyneck
Are you serious Errand???

And for those who think we shouldn't spend $$ on a player that is one big hit away from a wheel chair...what if Dawkins is cleared to play? would you want him back on the team as well, i mean after all he's had a serious neck injury, and he's two years older than Peyton.....why would we risk $$$ on him, but not Manning?

Thats a 20 plus million salary vs a 1.5-2 million salary. It would be worth the risk paying Dawks no doubt!!! Heart an soul of this team!!!

Mile High Mojoe
01-30-2012, 02:36 PM
Because he is a Raiders troll. He just likes rilling us up because he is an internet nerd with no respectable life. It happens all of the time.

At least Bob owns it.

Errand is the worst kind of troll IMO.

Calling him a Troll is an insult to Trolls.

Butterscotch Stallion
01-30-2012, 02:37 PM

Thats a 20 plus million salary vs a 1.5-2 million salary. It would be worth the risk paying Dawks no doubt!!! Heart an soul of this team!!!

Mane 345, Errand 0.

BroncoBeavis
01-30-2012, 02:38 PM
If Brian Dawkins is cleared to play and he stays in Denver, would he be worth the $$ risk? i mean afterall isn't he too, one bad hit away from being in a wheelchair?

BDawk is already on the team and still has 2 years left on his contract. Slight difference.

Heyneck
01-30-2012, 02:39 PM
So if Manning is cleared to play and is 90% healthy who would you rather have?

I would take Manning only of he is 100%!!! No doubt!!!

But a 90% neck injury I still take my odds with Tebow. Neck and back injuries are just to grave and delicate to take for granted

Mile High Mojoe
01-30-2012, 02:41 PM
BDawk is already on the team and still has 2 years left on his contract. Slight difference.

OWNED..again. But it won't stop him.

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 02:42 PM
I would take Manning only of he is 100%!!! No doubt!!!

But a 90% neck injury I still take my odds with Tebow. Neck and back injuries are just to grave and delicate to take for granted

NFL players are never 100%.

BroncoBeavis
01-30-2012, 02:44 PM

Never mind, I see Brian restructured before the season started to take a pay cut and the last two years of his old deal were cancelled.

Apparently the Broncos decided $6mil was too much to risk though, so BDawk accepted $2m. That doesn't bode well for bringing in Manning.

houghtam
01-30-2012, 02:45 PM

True facts.

However, I have a feeling Dawkins has played his last down, unfortunately.

errand
01-30-2012, 02:46 PM
put the 2010 version of Manning behind the 2011 Broncos OL and throwing to the 2011 Broncos WRs (minus Lloyd) and there is NO WAY he only gets sacked 16 times.

That's impossible to do...but we could possbly put the 2012 Manning behind the 2012 Broncos OL...which for all anyone knows might be better than before right?

our OL is ****ty at pass blocking. our current WRs can't get any separation and drop lots of balls.

Pass blocking for a young guy who can't see what the D is doing or open guys waving their hands vs. pass blocking for a HoF QB that can diagnose the D as he's coming to line from huddle and audibles with almost uncanny ability to the right guy 90% of the time...and our WR's don't need as much separation for Manning as they do for Tebow to be open.

we are not "merely" missing a pro-style QB on this offense.

No, we're greatly missing a pro-style QB

Manning brings nothing of real value to the table for the Broncos and we wouldn't be too much improved having him behind center instead of Tebow.

I'm not saying you're stupid, but wouldn't you have to be to think Manning doesn't bring any value to the team? And if not for thinking that idiotic thought, then surely for saying he wouldn't improve the team more than having Tebow under center would.

not saying that Manning isn't much better at QB than Tebow, just that it takes 11 guys on the field to execute an offensive gameplan and we are lacking just as much with the other 10 guys as we are at the QB position.

I agree we have more than one or two holes...but the most important position on ANY NFL team is the one that Manning plays at an elite Hall of Fame level

i think Tebow will get better. i think our WRs will get better. i do not know if our OL will ever be any good at pass blocking. we are not close to a serious superbowl run, with or without an elite QB.

Hopefully they will improve...thomas seems to have come out and was one of the NFL's best WR's the last several weeks of season (only Megatron outperformed him if i recall correctly) But again, you upgrade any position you can...and QB's a more important position than say RG is as far as how fast you contend for title....and sure it's possible to win it all without an elite QB, but it's a hell of alot easier with one.

in bold

in bold

BroncoBeavis
01-30-2012, 02:47 PM
True facts.

However, I have a feeling Dawkins has played his last down, unfortunately.

Sorry, I misled on it like I said. The guy took a 60% pay cut to stay with the Denver Broncos. Say what you want. I hope he can come back for one more.

Mile High Mojoe
Never mind, I see Brian restructured before the season started to take a pay cut and the last two years of his old deal were cancelled.

Apparently the Broncos decided $6mil was too much to risk though, so BDawk accepted $2m. That doesn't bode well for bringing in Manning.

Regardless of the money, Manning is past the point of helping the Broncos. His neck alone should be enough to scare most teams off. Hopefully the FO isn't dumb enough to believe Manning is a good pick up.

Heyneck
NFL players are never 100%.

OMG!!! How many of them have neck problems and 2 neck surgeries?

Not worth debating anymore. You have no idea about the seriousness of neck injuries.

BroncoBeavis
01-30-2012, 02:49 PM
I agree we have more than one or two holes...but the most important position on ANY NFL team is the one that Manning <s>plays</s> played at an elite Hall of Fame level

fify

Gort
01-30-2012, 02:50 PM
The SAME Colt line allowed almost 3 times as much sacks per pass attempt without Manning. Like I said before this just points out that you guys think no QB besides Tebow improves this team.

the real world is not fantasy football and its not Madden. stop trying to equate the situation in Indy with the one here. you can't just pick up Manning and drop him into the Broncos and expect the Broncos to be the same as the Manning-led playoff teams from Indy.

let's say you are right and Manning is able to release the ball so quickly that he NEVER gets sacked here. how do you solve the problem of our receivers NOT getting open. Orton could release the ball quickly too. last year, he had 1 receiver that actually seemed to get open to catch his passes and that guy now plays in STL. of course, alot of Lloyd's catches were due to his athletic ability. maybe DT will be an elite receiver one day. maybe Decker will remember how to catch again. maybe Royal will grow 4"-5" and stop disappearing from the gameplan for weeks at a time. i'm sure some of the problems with the passing offense are due to Tebow, but it's not all him. Manning would be throwing the ball out of bounds alot here to avoid taking a sack. if you think that's a moral victory of some sort because his sack totals would be low, then more power to you. but i don't think Manning would make a huge difference here. we have too many holes. and he doesn't want to be on a rebuilding team, nor does he want to mentor any young QBs. if he did, he wouldn't be forcing the issue in Indy. he knows they are gonna draft Luck and he wants nothing to do with that.

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 02:53 PM
OMG!!! How many of them have neck problems and 2 neck surgeries?

Not worth debating anymore. You have no idea about the seriousness of neck injuries.

Manning knows the risk more then you or I. If he is CLEARED to play then he will, if not then he will retire. Same goes for Dawkins.

You are the one suggesting that after the two surgeries that Manning will be or ever could be 100% that to me means you are off on the seriousness of his neck injury.

errand
01-30-2012, 02:56 PM

Are you serious?

$20 mil for a QB of Manning's ability if healthy is peanuts for a potential Lombardi. the Colt's paid him that much and he didn't play a down at all...and everyone saw how much he means to the success of the Colt's by garnering MVP support despite missing the entire year

We got to AFC divisional round with a QB that throws a football worse than my daughter can....how far do you think we'd have gone had we a franchise type of QB like Manning?

Face it...you're not keen to signing Manning not because it's costly...but cuz it'd mean your hero wouldn't be starting.

Gort
01-30-2012, 02:57 PM
in bold

in bold

Manning can't perform miracles. why do you think that an NFL team need only have an elite QB to be an elite team? we had the sort of QBs you like when we had Cutler and Orton. guess what? neither of them did **** here. and they had more weapons at their disposal. our problems are not going to be solved with 1 player. this isn't Madden. get real. Tebow might not even be the QBOTF. all i know about him is that he deserves a shot in 2012. that's it. he's got to show improvement on the field for anything more than that. but Manning is not the answer here. neither is Brees. or Rodgers. at least not until we had more pieces in place. go look at the playoff game against NE. the NE D was in the backfield in milliseconds. our OL couldn't stop any of them. the only time our OL looked good this year was when we ran the ball on almost every down. Manning wouldn't cause a huge improvement, even if he is a much more polished and accomplished QB than Tebow. we have too many holes and too much inexperience.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-30-2012, 03:00 PM
the real world is not fantasy football and its not Madden. stop trying to equate the situation in Indy with the one here. you can't just pick up Manning and drop him into the Broncos and expect the Broncos to be the same as the Manning-led playoff teams from Indy.

let's say you are right and Manning is able to release the ball so quickly that he NEVER gets sacked here. how do you solve the problem of our receivers NOT getting open. Orton could release the ball quickly too. last year, he had 1 receiver that actually seemed to get open to catch his passes and that guy now plays in STL. of course, alot of Lloyd's catches were due to his athletic ability. maybe DT will be an elite receiver one day. maybe Decker will remember how to catch again. maybe Royal will grow 4"-5" and stop disappearing from the gameplan for weeks at a time. i'm sure some of the problems with the passing offense are due to Tebow, but it's not all him. Manning would be throwing the ball out of bounds alot here to avoid taking a sack. if you think that's a moral victory of some sort because his sack totals would be low, then more power to you. but i don't think Manning would make a huge difference here. we have too many holes. and he doesn't want to be on a rebuilding team, nor does he want to mentor any young QBs. if he did, he wouldn't be forcing the issue in Indy. he knows they are gonna draft Luck and he wants nothing to do with that.

I'd be willing to guarantee, that if Peyton is healthy, he'll have success wherever he goes. And he'd have success here too.

houghtam
01-30-2012, 03:04 PM

Amen -

I remembered this post I made over 2 years ago about why we never throw downfield:

I wonder if us not going with longer routes has anything to do with Orton having about 1.5 seconds to throw.

Probably not.

Our line has been a liability in pass blocking for awhile now. Having Manning behind center would not change that.

Tombstone RJ
01-30-2012, 03:04 PM
Are you serious?

$20 mil for a QB of Manning's ability if healthy is peanuts for a potential Lombardi. the Colt's paid him that much and he didn't play a down at all...and everyone saw how much he means to the success of the Colt's by garnering MVP support despite missing the entire year

We got to AFC divisional round with a QB that throws a football worse than my daughter can....how far do you think we'd have gone had we a franchise type of QB like Manning?

Face it...you're not keen to signing Manning not because it's costly...but cuz it'd mean your hero wouldn't be starting.

Signing Manning would be costly and his neck injury is a major problem, period. The Colts know this and this is why they are willing to cut Manning and rebuild with Luck which is way more of a gamble than Keeping Manning, trading the #1 pick for a boat load of picks and making one more run with Manning.

Think about it for a second.

The Colts will cut Manning and start over with Luck, rather than keeping a HOF QB who has a few good years left in him and making one more push for a Lombardi.

That tells me all I need to know about Manning's health.

houghtam
01-30-2012, 03:05 PM
Signing Manning would be costly and his neck injury is a major problem, period. The Colts know this and this is why they are willing to cut Manning and rebuild with Luck which is way more of a gamble than Keeping Manning, trading the #1 pick for a boat load of picks and making one more run with Manning.

The Colts will cut Manning and start over with Luck, rather than keeping a HOF QB who has a few good years left in him and making one more push for a Lombardi.

Shhhh, that's the elephant in the room. No one is supposed to talk about him.

Agamemnon
01-30-2012, 03:06 PM
$20 mil for a QB of Manning's ability if healthy is peanuts for a potential Lombardi.

You are so delusional... Hilarious!

errand
01-30-2012, 03:07 PM

I'm thinking the Broncos would want Dawkins back there because he's better than the current crop of safeties we have, correct?

Same thing with Manning...he instantly upgrades the offense alot...his elite level of play warrants him making more (it's the market)...we can find another safety that can play as well as Dawkins alot easier than we could find a QB that could play as well or better than Manning...wouldn't you agree?

TheReverend
01-30-2012, 03:13 PM
I'm thinking the Broncos would want Dawkins back there because he's better than the current crop of safeties we have, correct?

Same thing with Manning...he instantly upgrades the offense alot...his elite level of play warrants him making more (it's the market)...we can find another safety that can play as well as Dawkins alot easier than we could find a QB that could play as well or better than Manning...wouldn't you agree?

Dear ****-For-Brains,

If Manning can pass a physical and is ready to play, he'll either be a Colt, a Jet or a Redskin.

Sincerely,
Reality

bendog
01-30-2012, 03:14 PM

No, I think EFX is looking for stability. Manning on the Jets ... possible superbowl. Den just isn't that good. They ran the gimmick offense and got 8 wins to back into the playoffs after defenses started whacking the crap out of Tebow, and Pitt for some reason played cover 0 possibly because they didn't watch Tebow at Fla throwing deep where he put touch on 40 yard bombs, and got embarrased by NE. Manning doesn't solve the DT, Mike, corner, running back and possibly WR holes.

If tebow learns to pass, everyone's happy campers. If not, the tebowites finally GTFO and they bring in a qb.

BroncoBeavis
01-30-2012, 03:15 PM
Are you serious?

Colts had 13 years of Manning. Mostly in peak condition. 1 Lombardi.

Throwing to two possible HOF WR's (one being a lock) A pass catching monster TE. 1 Super Bowl.

We got to AFC divisional round with a QB that throws a football worse than my daughter can..

I s'pose this is where we're supposed to think your critiques are rational. We won because Tebow helped the run game get established. We lack the depth at WR to play a Manning offense. We had to field a QB at WR at one point this year. That was with Brandon Lloyd still on the team.

Rational people look at a rebuilding period and like to see how a young kid can grow in the NFL. Others are always looking for a quick n' easy shortcut to greatness.

Why not beg Favre to come in? Sure he's old, but his health at this point is probably less questionable than Manning's.

errand
01-30-2012, 03:15 PM

You're probably right...

However the debate is if he's healthy and given clearance to play should we pursue him? It's laughable that the only ones thinking he wouldn't help this team out is the usual suspects who think we're set at QB for the next decade and a half.

As for drafting Luck...the amount of money the Colts would have tied up in Luck and Manning would mean somethings gotta give...you wouldn't draft Luck if you had no intention of playing him by 2013 right?

Well, the colt's new powers that be probably figure that they'll draft the kid....and get rid of Manning regardless of his health.....because they too don't want a QB controversy. The difference is Luck can throw the ball as well as Manning can.....our QB can't.

BroncoBeavis
01-30-2012, 03:19 PM

Dawkins wants to be here and actually restructured his contract to take a cut and stick around and work with our young safeties.

Manning has already resisted restructuring his huge deal to help make room for Luck and has sent signals that he's not looking to mentor anyone.

Gort
01-30-2012, 03:20 PM
I'd be willing to guarantee, that if Peyton is healthy, he'll have success wherever he goes. And he'd have success here too.

not against good teams. we are not yet ready to consistently beat good teams.

one other thing every is overlooking. Manning would have no chemistry with our receivers. whatever he accomplished in Indy was done with a veteran receiving core who worked out with Manning constantly so everyone was on the same page.

it's wishful thinking to think that all we need is Manning behind center and all of the sudden we'd be a 11 or 12 win team. we got really lucky in 2011 and got to a point where we could have won 10 games.

Tombstone RJ
01-30-2012, 03:22 PM
You're probably right...

However the debate is if he's healthy and given clearance to play should we pursue him? It's laughable that the only ones thinking he wouldn't help this team out is the usual suspects who think we're set at QB for the next decade and a half.

As for drafting Luck...the amount of money the Colts would have tied up in Luck and Manning would mean somethings gotta give...you wouldn't draft Luck if you had no intention of playing him by 2013 right?

Well, the colt's new powers that be probably figure that they'll draft the kid....and get rid of Manning regardless of his health.....because they too don't want a QB controversy. The difference is Luck can throw the ball as well as Manning can.....our QB can't.

The Colts absolutely Lucked out, pun very much intended. I think they are scared about Manning's neck and rightly so. Who want's to see Manning drop back, get sacked and then never walk again?

They'd rather get the next top QB prospect and start over. Yes, it's Luck, yes he looks to be the real deal, but the fact is no one knows for sure if a drafted QB will work out or not because there are so many factors that go into a successful NFL QB.

The Colts could cut Manning, draft Luck and then find out that Luck is one of those QBs who just can't stay healthy and he's always injured. Past injury experience in college is no indication of the ability of an NFL player to stay healthy. The Colts know this via their experience with Steve Entmen who was a hell of a player but could not stay healthy. It's a gamble to go with Luck, but a gamble they appear to be willing to take as opposed to continuing with a HOF QB in Manning.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-30-2012, 03:29 PM

one other thing every is overlooking. Manning would have no chemistry with our receivers. whatever he accomplished in Indy was done with a veteran receiving core who worked out with Manning constantly so everyone was on the same page.

it's wishful thinking to think that all we need is Manning behind center and all of the sudden we'd be a 11 or 12 win team. we got really lucky in 2011 and got to a point where we could have won 10 games.

I sincerely disagree and i think you're forgetting how good Peyton Manning is. Have we forgotten what the 2011 Indy colts wound up being? Were they this dog**** in 2010? No...whats the major difference? Peyton Manning. Some guys are just superior football players and would fit in anywhere. He's elite, he's arguably the best ever. He'll be fine wherever he goes.

errand
01-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Manning can't perform miracles.

Yes, because he's never brought his team back from behind...:rofl:

why do you think that an NFL team need only have an elite QB to be an elite team?

Never said that...i have said that it's alot easier to win a title with an elite QB than without one

we had the sort of QBs you like when we had Cutler and Orton. guess what? neither of them did **** here. and they had more weapons at their disposal.

First off neither of those two could carry Manning's jock, let alone play at the same level as he is capable of...are you seriously saying he wouldn't be able to play better than Orton and Cutler? But Tebow can? now you.re just talking out of your vagina

our problems are not going to be solved with 1 player.

Never said they could...but a franchise QB of Manning's caliber (if healthy) is a vast upgrade and makes getting there alot easier

this isn't Madden. get real. Tebow might not even be the QBOTF. all i know about him is that he deserves a shot in 2012.

I never said he didn't deserve a shot either....I just think Manning's a much better QB than Tebow is, and if he would sign with us, i'd have no problem with it

that's it. he's got to show improvement on the field for anything more than that. but Manning is not the answer here. neither is Brees. or Rodgers. at least not until we had more pieces in place.

Now you're really talking out your vagina....I'd trade half the team for Rodgers as he's under 30 and will be a franchise QB for quite some time...Brees is 33 and in his prime....their teams might be more talented than ours is...but they can elevate the talent around them....Brees and Rodgers have won with lesser running games than they'd have in Denver....so has Manning

go look at the playoff game against NE. the NE D was in the backfield in milliseconds. our OL couldn't stop any of them. the only time our OL looked good this year was when we ran the ball on almost every down.

And you don't think the reason the opposing D was in our backfield was because they didn't have to respect the pass? Sure Pittsburgh got burned by it...nobody else was...not even the ****ing chiefs

Manning wouldn't cause a huge improvement, even if he is a much more polished and accomplished QB than Tebow. we have too many holes and too much inexperience

that's debatable....but the key word is improvement....any improvement on this team would help get us closer to the main goal of winning the Lombardi

in bold

Bronco Yoda
01-30-2012, 03:34 PM
People...

There are two rules in life you really all should learn before moving forward.

1. You don't bother shooting your wad on this type of player when you are in full rebuild mode.

2. There's absolutely no sex in the champagne room.

There will be a quiz later on.

errand
01-30-2012, 03:41 PM

Oh, so you're now discounting that win over Steelers top ranked D? Cuz it fits your template..I thought that win gave testimony to how close this team really was after we switched QB's...well maybe another QB switch would propel us past the Patriots

and Tebow had chemistry with them? You mean the same guys you've drove a bus over to defend Tebow...now Tebow is the only guy that can get the ball to them? Wow...un-****ing-believable

so now it was all luck that we won 8 games at all....Wow, what an astonishing admission...i'm guessing the rest of the clown posse is gonna revoke your Tebowite card

in bold

SonOfLe-loLang
01-30-2012, 03:42 PM
People...

There are two rules in life you really all should learn before moving forward.

1. You don't bother shooting your wad on this type of player when you are in full rebuild mode.

2. There's absolutely no sex in the champagne room.

There will be a quiz later on.

1. I question whether a team that made the final 8 is in "full rebuild mode"

2. "rebuild mode" is one of the most overused sports cliches...especially when it comes to football. Because 16 games is a small sample size, and because there is often such playoff turnover from year to year, every team always has a shot. A guy like Manning is a game changer and would instantly make any sputtering offense better (especially because the QB has effect on every single offensive play).

I'm not saying lets go out and get Peyton Manning, but this idea that he wouldn't come to Denver and do great things because we are in "rebuilding mode" is absurd. If he could return to his 2010 level, he'd make our offense dangerous.

Gort
01-30-2012, 03:43 PM
in bold

now you're just being a clown.

http://skootertheclown.org/db4/00335/skootertheclown.org/_uimages/Skooter4.JPG

Gort
01-30-2012, 03:46 PM
in bold

you are king of strawman argument today, no doubt about that. you also get the special "clown of the day" award for your refusal to actually understand the English language. but hey, it's easier to create your own narrative and respond to that than what somebody else actually wrote.

errand
01-30-2012, 03:47 PM
Dawkins wants to be here and actually restructured his contract to take a cut and stick around and work with our young safeties.

Well he better hurry and help them develop cuz if he too is a big hit away from paraplegic city, we don't have alot of time

Manning has already resisted restructuring his huge deal to help make room for Luck and has sent signals that he's not looking to mentor anyone.

He's not gonna restructure now because there's no upside in it for him....why take less money from the colts now? He'll make them choose between him, and the kid....and if they choose the kid, he'll go elsewhere if he's able to play...and don't discount his feeling anger at them, and resigning for less money just to prove them wrong...alot of players have done that before.

in bold

BroncoBeavis
01-30-2012, 04:06 PM
He's not gonna restructure now because there's no upside in it for him....why take less money from the colts now? He'll make them choose between him, and the kid....and if they choose the kid, he'll go elsewhere if he's able to play...and don't discount his feeling anger at them, and resigning for less money just to prove them wrong...alot of players have done that before.

Hey, I don't fault the guy. Money's money. But Schef reported that Manning's not even willing to allow the early March roster bonus deadline to get extended to get a better gauge on his progress before the draft.

He's forcing their hand because he's not willing to move either the dollar amount or the deadline. That's his choice. But it's a 180 of what Brian Dawkins did.

BDawk took a 66% pay cut and released the final 2 (higher paid) years on his contract. The dude bent over backwards to stay a Bronco.

Bronco Rob
01-30-2012, 04:32 PM
Report: Redskins interested in Peyton Manning if he’s healthy

Posted by Josh Alper on January 30, 2012, 2:41 PM EST

Titans fans have already started a pitch for Peyton Manning, now comes a report that the Redskins are also interested in the quarterback who remains a member of the Colts despite the open discussion of his future with other teams.

Mike Jones of the Washington Post reports that “a person with knowledge of the situation” told him that the Redskins would be interested in Manning if he’s healthy and available for next season. Jones doesn’t reveal his source and we assume that it is someone involved with the organization, but, honestly, it could really be just about anyone who saw the Redskins quarterbacks play a game last season.

Jones spoke to a league official that acknowledged how many variables there are with the Manning situation.

“No. 1, is he going to be released? No. 2, is he going to be healthy? No. 3, at the end of the day, is he willing to come back and play in the NFL. We don’t know those questions. I think everybody would want Peyton Manning, if he was healthy. You’d be crazy not to want Peyton Manning if he was healthy. Nobody knows now if he’s going to be cleared to play. And if he is cleared to play, wouldn’t the Colts either want him, or [pick up his option] and then try to trade him?”

Just about everything you need to know about the Manning situation is covered in that quote. No one knows anything about Manning’s status right now which means any discussion about his plans for 2012 is just throwing stuff against the wall. The Redskins make plenty of sense as a team interested in Manning’s services, as do a handful of other teams, but they can’t really put all or any of their eggs in that basket without a clearer picture of what the future holds for Manning.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... s-healthy/

Bronco Yoda
01-30-2012, 04:44 PM
1. I question whether a team that made the final 8 is in "full rebuild mode"

2. "rebuild mode" is one of the most overused sports cliches...especially when it comes to football. Because 16 games is a small sample size, and because there is often such playoff turnover from year to year, every team always has a shot. A guy like Manning is a game changer and would instantly make any sputtering offense better (especially because the QB has effect on every single offensive play).

I'm not saying lets go out and get Peyton Manning, but this idea that he wouldn't come to Denver and do great things because we are in "rebuilding mode" is absurd. If he could return to his 2010 level, he'd make our offense dangerous.

Yes "rebuild mode" is overused.

Are you saying we're not in rebuild mode? Really?

A new HC & Coordinators. New offensive system that is in flux due to our QB situation.

The second youngest line in the league with zero depth...and oh yah, we switched primary protection from left to right.

We ejected our #1  WR's in favor of youth,blocking & team unity. We had among the worst catching group in the league (yes, they have good attitude and are learning with a lefty... I know).

We have no pass catching TE's.

Are only good proven RB is a FA pickup on his last leg.

We need to upgrade every level of our defense to get over our middle-of-the ground ranking... Zero depth.

Hell we don't even have a true starter at QB yet (as much as I'm pulling for Tebow).

We don't know what our Offense is going to look like next year.

We don't know what our Defense is going to look like next year.

I could go on and on.

BUT WE'RE NOT IN REBUILD MODE.

OK.

:rofl:

bendog
01-30-2012, 04:50 PM
[QUOTE=Bronco Rob;3480059]Report: Redskins interested in Peyton Manning if he’s healthy

--

I think Manning hurt his neck with the twitch that rumor gave him.

Heyneck
01-30-2012, 04:53 PM
Manning knows the risk more then you or I. If he is CLEARED to play then he will, if not then he will retire. Same goes for Dawkins.

You are the one suggesting that after the two surgeries that Manning will be or ever could be 100% that to me means you are off on the seriousness of his neck injury.

First....Paytons and Dawks neck injuries are totally different. Payton had fusion on one of his disks (on the spinal cord). If you don't understand the seriousness of that, then you must be a crack baby.

Why do you think nobody can give us a time table for his return? cause nobody knows if he ever will!

Old article: http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2011/9/8/2412710/peyton-manning-surgery-injury-update-cervical-fusion

Explains the procedure, the positives and the negatives. Oh....and apparently it's his 3rd.

Popps
01-30-2012, 05:52 PM

We'd have to sell the farm to get it done, and then wind up with a geezer with a cracked neck... and still no defense. (Only now with less $$ and draft picks to spend on D.)

SonOfLe-loLang
01-30-2012, 06:14 PM
Yes "rebuild mode" is overused.

Are you saying we're not in rebuild mode? Really?

A new HC & Coordinators. New offensive system that is in flux due to our QB situation.

The second youngest line in the league with zero depth...and oh yah, we switched primary protection from left to right.

We ejected our #1  WR's in favor of youth,blocking & team unity. We had among the worst catching group in the league (yes, they have good attitude and are learning with a lefty... I know).

We have no pass catching TE's.

Are only good proven RB is a FA pickup on his last leg.

We need to upgrade every level of our defense to get over our middle-of-the ground ranking... Zero depth.

Hell we don't even have a true starter at QB yet (as much as I'm pulling for Tebow).

We don't know what our Offense is going to look like next year.

We don't know what our Defense is going to look like next year.

I could go on and on.

BUT WE'RE NOT IN REBUILD MODE.

OK.

:rofl:

Nope, I'll repeat what I said. There's no "rebuild mode" in football because you have a shot every year and player turnover is high from year to year. Again, im not necessarily advocating signing Peyton Manning (and by the way, i dont know why people assume that a released Peyton Manning would earn 20 mil a year...it'd be a fraction of that), but I'm not sure I see much of a downside outside of the possible retarding of Tebow's development (and, of course that argument can be made.)

Most teams suffer from depth problems somewhere.

Bronco Yoda
01-30-2012, 08:41 PM
Nope, I'll repeat what I said. There's no "rebuild mode" in football because you have a shot every year and player turnover is high from year to year. Again, im not necessarily advocating signing Peyton Manning (and by the way, i dont know why people assume that a released Peyton Manning would earn 20 mil a year...it'd be a fraction of that), but I'm not sure I see much of a downside outside of the possible retarding of Tebow's development (and, of course that argument can be made.)

Most teams suffer from depth problems somewhere.

I respectfully disagree here.

There absolutely IS still a 'rebuild mode' in football. Granted, the bar has risen for such a term because of todays faster turnover.

but come on now.....

When you change your coaching staff, front office structure, base defense, still haven't nailed down a base offensive scheme.... 2nd youngest O-line in the league....etc....etc....etc....

Hell, we don't have holes in our starting lineup... we have a handful of overachievers that stand between the blaring gaps of nothing.

You IMO are way estimating our roster due to our 8-8 playoff birth.

IMO we are a hand full of players (half of which are old geezers) away from 'old school' expansion club level.

Love their heart and fight. It makes their incredible 2011 run that much more fantastic. Proud of them. But they are still what they are.

Why do you think our coaches are hot commodities this off season. The rest of the league knows what they did with what they had.

We have a long rebuild ahead. And I like how Elway and Fox have done things so far. I'm just being painfully realistic.

houghtam
01-30-2012, 09:04 PM
I respectfully disagree here.

There absolutely IS still a 'rebuild mode' in football. Granted, the bar has risen for such a term because of todays faster turnover.

but come on now.....

When you change your coaching staff, front office structure, base defense, still haven't nailed down a base offensive scheme.... 2nd youngest O-line in the league....etc....etc....etc....

Hell, we don't have holes in our starting lineup... we have a handful of overachievers that stand between the blaring gaps of nothing.

You IMO are way estimating our roster due to our 8-8 playoff birth.

IMO we are a hand full of players (half of which are old geezers) away from 'old school' expansion club level.

Love their heart and fight. It makes their incredible 2011 run that much more fantastic. Proud of them. But they are still what they are.

Why do you think our coaches are hot commodities this off season. The rest of the league knows what they did with what they had.

We have a long rebuild ahead. And I like how Elway and Fox have done things so far. I'm just being painfully realistic.

Saying there's no rebuilding anymore is just an excuse to be angry if your team doesn't make the playoffs after having a Top 5 pick. Yes, every team lacks depth, but not every team lacks depth in most positions.

The sample size of games is small enough to allow teams who lack talent to make the playoffs every once in awhile, but those are the exceptions, not the rule.

The reality is that we would not have made the playoffs had we not played above our heads. All the points Yoda pointed out are correct, and I challenge you to find another playoff team with as many holes as we have.

Heyneck
01-30-2012, 10:45 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/30/report-peyton-hits-a-plateau//

/ End thread

*cause if the FO looked into him knowing this, then we would know were the real problem with this team is.

jhns
01-31-2012, 07:10 AM
Report: Redskins interested in Peyton Manning if he’s healthy

Titans fans have already started a pitch for Peyton Manning, now comes a report that the Redskins are also interested in the quarterback who remains a member of the Colts despite the open discussion of his future with other teams.

Mike Jones of the Washington Post reports that “a person with knowledge of the situation” told him that the Redskins would be interested in Manning if he’s healthy and available for next season. Jones doesn’t reveal his source and we assume that it is someone involved with the organization, but, honestly, it could really be just about anyone who saw the Redskins quarterbacks play a game last season.

Jones spoke to a league official that acknowledged how many variables there are with the Manning situation.

“No. 1, is he going to be released? No. 2, is he going to be healthy? No. 3, at the end of the day, is he willing to come back and play in the NFL. We don’t know those questions. I think everybody would want Peyton Manning, if he was healthy. You’d be crazy not to want Peyton Manning if he was healthy. Nobody knows now if he’s going to be cleared to play. And if he is cleared to play, wouldn’t the Colts either want him, or [pick up his option] and then try to trade him?”

Just about everything you need to know about the Manning situation is covered in that quote. No one knows anything about Manning’s status right now which means any discussion about his plans for 2012 is just throwing stuff against the wall. The Redskins make plenty of sense as a team interested in Manning’s services, as do a handful of other teams, but they can’t really put all or any of their eggs in that basket without a clearer picture of what the future holds for Manning.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... s-healthy/

I would love to see Manning with Shanahan. That guy made Plummer good. Of course, I would take Manning here and just let him run the offense. I doubt he would come here if he had to listen to McCoy.

BroncoBeavis
01-31-2012, 08:08 AM
I would love to see Manning with Shanahan. That guy made Plummer good. Of course, I would take Manning here and just let him run the offense. I doubt he would come here if he had to listen to McCoy.

Manning could basically get out on the field, point towards McCoy on the sidelines and just repeatedly yell "STFU! STFU!" and nobody would say anything. :)

Butterscotch Stallion
01-31-2012, 08:10 AM
Manning could basically get out on the field, point towards McCoy on the sidelines and just repeatedly yell "STFU! STFU!" and nobody would say anything. :)

o.k. now I want him here just for that pleasure.

BroncoBeavis
01-31-2012, 08:17 AM
o.k. now I want him here just for that pleasure.

Yeah, I picture McCoy putting out a pouty lip, glancing over towards Fox for some backup. Fox just responds with a shrug and mouths back to him "Peyton F'ing Manning." :)

Bronco Rob
01-31-2012, 08:49 AM
Sources fearful over Manning’s ability to return

By Jason Cole, Yahoo! Sports 12 hours, 38 minutes ago

INDIANAPOLIS – For all the discussion over Peyton Manning’s future with the Indianapolis Colts, the underlying issue is that people close to him don’t believe he’ll resume his career.

The nerves in Manning’s arm are not healing as quickly as hoped and, worse, don’t appear to be progressing at enough of a rate to indicate that he will play again, according to two sources with knowledge of Manning’s rehabilitation from neck surgery. The vertebrae in his neck that were fused have healed as expected and Manning began throwing in December. But he hasn’t shown improvement in velocity on his passes, and the two sources fear he likely never will again.

In addition, two league-affiliated doctors with experience in spinal fusion surgery said it could take up to a year before Manning knows if he can return. Both said the risk is too great for Manning to play again and, because of the timeline, neither would recommend the Colts pay Manning the $28 million bonus he is owed in March.

Manning couldn’t be reached for comment

Colts owner Jim Irsay declined to talk about Manning’s health on Monday before a news conference, but did say, “There are no cases of quarterbacks going through this.”

Irsay may have no choice but to let go of Manning. While some people have tried to paint the situation as Irsay choosing to move on from Manning as he rebuilds the Colts after a 2-14 season, that was not Irsay’s intention months ago. In October, Irsay discussed the optimal situation of having both Manning and his heir apparent on the roster simultaneously

“Guys like that come along so rarely,” Irsay said on Oct. 10 at an NFL owners meeting in Houston, referring to Manning and perceived No. 1 overall pick Andrew Luck (although Irsay has since indicated that Robert Griffin III could also be the selection). “Even if that means that guy sits for three or four years, you’d certainly think about taking him … you see what Green Bay did with [Brett] Favre and [Aaron] Rodgers and you’d like to be able to do the same thing.”

At this point, that scenario is unlikely and not because Irsay doesn’t want to pay the money for Manning. Rather, Manning has hit a plateau in his rehabilitation in terms of getting stronger, both sources said. While atrophy in the arm was expected, the fact that it hasn’t improved recently is an ominous sign.

“If you’re getting consistent improvement, then that’s OK. Even if it’s going from lifting 10 pounds to 15 pounds to 20 pounds over a stretch of weeks, that’s fine,” said a doctor who has not seen Manning but has a background in spinal surgery. “If you hit a plateau, that’s a problem. … Now, I say that, but I also tell patients who have been through it that it can take up to a year to find out exactly how much strength you’re going to get back.

“Right now, Peyton is at about six months. He should have a much better idea by July or August just how far he’s going to get … even then, that’s only a part of it. You can tell about 80 percent of how the nerves and the muscles are healing by rehab. What you really have to see is how his arm holds up when he starts to throw. Does he have the same velocity on the 15-yard out? Can he throw the 60-yard pass? Can he throw for 30 minutes before his arm gets tired? Can he throw for an hour? It’s a very complicated process.” It’s a process Irsay may not be able to gamble on at this point.

As for Manning’s side of it, he remains confident that he will return to action next season even as the progress remains slow. Last week in an extensive interview with Bob Kravitz of the Indianapolis Star, Manning expressed frustration as to why so many people who he has worked with over the years have been let go by the team, including team president Bill Polian and coach Jim Caldwell. While Manning understands the team needing to move forward, he believes he will be able to play again.

“Any athlete is going to remain confident,” one source said. “He wants to play again. He’s going to do everything he can to get out there.”

Sadly, that may not be enough.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Air0V9cG5j6q5JoR4yxIGeZDubYF?slug=jc-cole_peyton_manning_colts_neck_surgery_jim_irsay01 3012

BroncoBeavis
01-31-2012, 09:26 AM
Enter SpidERrand saying that a quadriplegic Peyton Manning is still 10x the quarterback Tim Tebow will ever be.

Kaylore
05-26-2013, 10:50 PM
Oh my goodness this thread is hilarious.

DBroncos4life
05-26-2013, 11:21 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/30/report-peyton-hits-a-plateau//

/ End thread

*cause if the FO looked into him knowing this, then we would know were the real problem with this team is.

Ha!