PDA

View Full Version : What FA's do we go after this Off Season?

broncswin
01-28-2012, 07:44 PM
Don't know if we have a thread on this...but just wondering what FA make sense for this team:

RB
DE
DL
CB
WR
LB
FS
OL

would appriciate some Omane Info on this

Paladin
01-28-2012, 08:50 PM
CB, MLB, DT. Would like to see how Fannin does before* we start to criticize the RB posiiton. However, I think the Broncso could use a decent scatback.

* I know...... That's against OM policies and procedures.....

Swedish Extrovert
01-28-2012, 09:08 PM
CB, MLB, DT. Would like to see how Fannin does before* we start to criticize the RB posiiton. However, I think the Broncso could use a decent scatback.

So bring in the hometown guy Rodney Stewart.

BroncoMan4ever
01-28-2012, 10:30 PM

i don't think the scat back is something Fox is all that interested in. look at his history of RB. all of them in the 6ft and 220lbs + range. he like physical runners more than shifty runners.

i think the team needs more speed on offense, but i seriously doubt it will come from the RB position.

and with the RB position as a whole, i still think we need to draft a guy. McGahee was an awesome pickup, but it is doubtful to nab a worthwhile FA RB 2 consecutive years. usually a RB picked up off the street is on the street for a reason and is not going to make a big impact for a team.

gyldenlove
01-29-2012, 09:07 AM
Right now free safety and middle linebacker are the two positions I want to address in free agency the most, we need a veteran FS who can either start next to Carter or at least be rotated in passing situations. As for middle linebacker, there is a lot of quality at linebacker in free agency this year, including some very good players in their prime and I think it would make a ton of sense to eliminate that position as a need before the draft with a trio of Mays, Irving and a new guy.

That would leave CB and DT as the primary defensive needs going into the draft and RB as the top offensive need. I believe we can address those adequately and still have room to draft OL depth and a WR.

broncswin
01-29-2012, 01:27 PM
how do I get a list of the FA availability for this year

broncswin
01-29-2012, 01:28 PM
Right now free safety and middle linebacker are the two positions I want to address in free agency the most, we need a veteran FS who can either start next to Carter or at least be rotated in passing situations. As for middle linebacker, there is a lot of quality at linebacker in free agency this year, including some very good players in their prime and I think it would make a ton of sense to eliminate that position as a need before the draft with a trio of Mays, Irving and a new guy.

That would leave CB and DT as the primary defensive needs going into the draft and RB as the top offensive need. I believe we can address those adequately and still have room to draft OL depth and a WR.

So what names out there are you thinking...who is available

Tim
01-29-2012, 01:46 PM
They should get drew brees, carl nicks, ray rice, and mario Williams then have a good draft.

broncswin
01-29-2012, 05:15 PM
They should get drew brees, carl nicks, ray rice, and mario Williams then have a good draft.

FO for you my man...that is very insightful

Tim
01-29-2012, 06:16 PM
how do I get a list of the FA availability for this year

here is the notable ones:

http://nfltraderumors.co/2012-nfl-free-agents/

enjolras
01-29-2012, 06:36 PM
Stephen Tulloch would be about the only FA linebacker I'd even consider.

gyldenlove
01-29-2012, 06:56 PM
So what names out there are you thinking...who is available

At linebacker obviously Dan Connor and EJ Henderson are the most obvious candidates and maybe Geno Hayes as well although he is a natural WLB.

Free safety has some good 2nd tier guys like Dashon Goldson, Thomas Decoud, Gibril Wilson and Paul Oliver. Obviously Landry and Griffin would be nice, but I doubt they will become free agents.

DivineLegion
01-29-2012, 07:28 PM
I would love to Resign Chris Meyers...4th round tenure, Nice one Mike!

Outside of that I would love Stephen Tulloch, and Cortland Finnegan. For the D-line you start with resigning Bunk, then you pick up Paul Soliai to play NT. Soliai plugs the middle, Ayers and Bunkley take on guards/tackles, leaving Elvis and Von mono y mono on the outside. We never have to rush more than 5 guys ever again!!! Tulloch is a tackling machine, with great instincts, whose biggest attribute is his coverage ability. I would love DJ, Von, and Tulloch at LB for the Denver Broncos. I guess I could live with just Tulloch and Soliai, but Finnegan would make this defense something to be feared. Orange and Feared.

Draft wise you pick up Lavonte David, Marty Ball, and a WR/TE who has sure hands. Nothing flashy, we have flashy, just a guy who can catch the ball ala Rod Smith, or Ed McCaffery. Sure Hands.

Sure Hands.

Preferably with experience catching balls from Left handed QBs prone to raging outburst of evangelical brilliance.

broncswin
01-29-2012, 08:30 PM

Outside of that I would love Stephen Tulloch, and Cortland Finnegan. For the D-line you start with resigning Bunk, then you pick up Paul Soliai to play NT. Soliai plugs the middle, Ayers and Bunkley take on guards/tackles, leaving Elvis and Von mono y mono on the outside. We never have to rush more than 5 guys ever again!!! Tulloch is a tackling machine, with great instincts, whose biggest attribute is his coverage ability. I would love DJ, Von, and Tulloch at LB for the Denver Broncos. I guess I could live with just Tulloch and Soliai, but Finnegan would make this defense something to be feared. Orange and Feared.

Draft wise you pick up Lavonte David, Marty Ball, and a WR/TE who has sure hands. Nothing flashy, we have flashy, just a guy who can catch the ball ala Rod Smith, or Ed McCaffery. Sure Hands.

Sure Hands.Preferably with experience catching balls from Left handed QBs prone to raging outburst of evangelical brilliance.

Decker need not apply

BroncoMan4ever
01-29-2012, 11:23 PM
Stephen Tulloch would be about the only FA linebacker I'd even consider.

MLB from Carolina is a FA and was a big part in helping Fox turn around that defense.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
01-29-2012, 11:59 PM
SS, MLB and back-up QB (not Matt Flynn)

Doggcow
01-30-2012, 12:15 AM
All of them.

ThirtyDegrees
01-30-2012, 01:16 AM
Anyone who can catch a ball when it hits them in the hands would be super great.

errand
01-30-2012, 03:02 AM
Anyone who can catch a ball when it hits them in the hands would be super great.

Gotta love the mane....suggesting we sign WR's that can catch is applauded, but suggesting we sign a QB that can throw the ball accurately is laughed at.

errand
01-30-2012, 03:12 AM
Decker need not apply

Decker dropped 8 passes this year...not great, but since his total career playing time is about equal to Tebow's, I'm wondering why Decker gets trashed for playing like a young raw player, but Tebow gets excused?

Tebow had as many turnovers as Decker had dropped passes....won't even get into the number of **** throws

Play2win
01-30-2012, 03:15 AM

Like BLloyd or Gaffe?

Play2win
01-30-2012, 03:18 AM
I used to joke about Greise's longball looked like a Frisbee out there. Well, TT definitely has a Frisbee aspect to other parts of his game. (especially Frisbee with a heavy crosswind ;D)

PRBronco
01-30-2012, 07:08 AM
Decker dropped 8 passes this year...not great, but since his total career playing time is about equal to Tebow's, I'm wondering why Decker gets trashed for playing like a young raw player, but Tebow gets excused?

Tebow had as many turnovers as Decker had dropped passes....won't even get into the number of **** throws

Would it make you feel better to know that Thomas and Royal were just as bad as Decker for drops this year?

TheReverend
01-30-2012, 07:36 AM

Actually I think it was a SIXTH round tender that had him upset!

rugbythug
01-30-2012, 08:08 AM
Jim Leonard assuming his knee checks out.

Butterscotch Stallion
01-30-2012, 08:17 AM
Gotta love the mane....suggesting we sign WR's that can catch is applauded, but suggesting we sign a QB that can throw the ball accurately is laughed at.

8-4, 9-5 counting playoffs,300+ yards passing against one of the best defenses in our first playoff win in six years, and second in over a decade?

yeah, pretty sure the qb is fine. but then again, I'm not a puppet account of a Raider fan, so of course my opinion is different than yours dontbemessin.

bendog
01-30-2012, 08:55 AM
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2012/fa/dl.html

Franklin from SF via NO is an Ok player. I mean you're not gonna get a lot of impact guys in FA.

Dan Connor may be there at a decent price.

eddie mac
01-30-2012, 08:56 AM
MLB from Carolina is a FA and was a big part in helping Fox turn around that defense.

Yeah, but he didn't play MLB there cos Beason was in front of him.

Lofton's the best MLB on the board but as with most of these guys they'll be signed to extensions before they even hit FA. Look at the low market teams that's who'll still be there come March.

BroncoBen
01-30-2012, 09:56 AM
I would like to see a RB... Peyton Hillis would be great. Split the carries between him and McGahee would be fun.

LRtagger
01-30-2012, 10:06 AM
Just for the sake of conversation...from Walterfootball.com

Jax FA's:

http://www.walterfootball.com/images/fball/jaguarsb_logo.gif Josh Scobee, K, Jaguars. Age: 30.
Josh Scobee was 23-of-25 last year, including 5-of-6 from 50-plus. He rebounded nicely after hitting just 64.3 and 78.6 percent of his field goals in 2009 and 2010, respectively.
http://www.walterfootball.com/images/fball/jaguarsb_logo.gif Jeremy Mincey, DE, Jaguars. Age: 28.
Jeremy Mincey came out of nowhere to register eight sacks in 2011 - an impressive feat, considering that Jacksonville was often trailing. The Jaguars have struggled to rush the passer for years, so it's important that they keep Mincey around.
http://www.walterfootball.com/images/fball/jaguarsb_logo.gif William Middleton, CB, Jaguars. Age: 26.
William Middleton doesn't have much NFL experience, but he handled himself really well in relief of Derek Cox and Rashean Mathis in 2011. He's a young corner with loads of potential.
http://www.walterfootball.com/images/fball/jaguarsb_logo.gif Rashean Mathis, CB, Jaguars. Age: 32.
Rashean Mathis played well last year, but there are two issues. First, he turns 32 in August. Second, and more importantly, he tore his ACL in November, so it's not clear if he'll be 100 percent next season.
http://www.walterfootball.com/images/fball/jaguarsb_logo.gif Dwight Lowery, FS, Jaguars. Age: 26.
Dwight Lowery was solid in taking over for Courtney Greene at first, but was slowed down late by a shoulder injury. He's not a proven commodity though.
http://www.walterfootball.com/images/fball/jaguarsb_logo.gif Matt Roth, DE/OLB, Jaguars. Age: 29.
Matt Roth didn't fare poorly in Jacksonville's 4-3, but struggled with concussion symptoms to close out the 2011 campaign. He's a decent, but unspectacular player.
http://www.walterfootball.com/images/fball/jaguarsb_logo.gif Russell Allen (RFA), OLB, Jaguars. Age: 26.
Russell Allen stepped in for an injured Clint Session at weakside linebacker toward the end of last season and did a solid job.
Leger Douzable, DT, Jaguars. Age: 26.
C.J. Mosley, DT, Jaguars. Age: 29.
Guy Whimper, OT, Jaguars. Age: 29.
Courtney Greene, S, Jaguars. Age: 25.
Zach Potter, TE, Jaguars. Age: 26.
Brock Bolen (RFA), FB, Jaguars. Age: 27.
Nate Collins, DT, Jaguars. Age: 24.
Luke McCown, QB, Jaguars. Age: 31.

LRtagger
01-30-2012, 10:07 AM
Dan Connor, ILB, Panthers. Age: 26.
Don't expect Dan Connor to be back with the Panthers; otherwise, he'll have to play behind Jon Beason. Connor is talented and young, and could easily be a starter somewhere else.

Geoff Hangartner, G/C, Panthers. Age: 30.
The Bills jettisoned Geoff Hangartner, but he bounced back and actually performed pretty well for the Panthers at right guard.

Geoff Schwartz (RFA), OT/G, Panthers. Age: 26.
Geoff Schwartz played well in 2010 at both right tackle and right guard, but he missed all of 2011 with a hip injury.

Legedu Naanee, WR, Panthers. Age: 28.
Antwan Applewhite, DE, Panthers. Age: 26.
Mackenzy Bernadeau, G, Panthers. Age: 26.
Thomas Williams, OLB, Panthers. Age: 27.
Jeremy Shockey, TE, Panthers. Age: 32.
Omar Gaither, OLB, Panthers. Age: 28.
Jason Phillips (RFA), OLB, Panthers. Age: 26.
Derek Anderson, QB, Panthers. Age: 29.
Cletis Gordon, CB, Panthers. Age: 29.

I have to imagine out of those 27 or whatever guys that we will sign a couple of them.

TheReverend
01-30-2012, 10:07 AM
^ Roth, Lowery and Douzable are the ones worth looking at.

Beantown Bronco
01-30-2012, 10:10 AM
Jeremy Mincey, DE, Jaguars. Age: 28.
Jeremy Mincey came out of nowhere to register eight sacks in 2011 - an impressive feat, considering that Jacksonville was often trailing.

Two words: contract year

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 10:36 AM
Jeremy Mincey, DE, Jaguars. Age: 28.
Jeremy Mincey came out of nowhere to register eight sacks in 2011 - an impressive feat, considering that Jacksonville was often trailing.

Two words: contract year

He was a late round pick (6th) rounder for the Pats back in 06. He was hurt in 09 and didn't play. He could be a late bloomer. I would rather have him the Harvey

TheReverend
01-30-2012, 10:39 AM
I would rather have ______ (insert anyone who's been remotely productive at the NFL level) than Harvey

Fixed

Houshyamama
01-30-2012, 10:40 AM
Matt Forte
Brodrick Bunkley
Chris Meyers?
LaRon Landry?
Mike Tolbert

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 10:42 AM
Fixed

Ha ha true I don't know why that turd was even on our roster.

errand
01-30-2012, 10:49 AM
Would it make you feel better to know that Thomas and Royal were just as bad as Decker for drops this year?

Doesn't make me feel better....I think more than 5 drops a season is inexcusable. But I also think completing less than half your passes is too.

My point is that guys like Thomas and Decker (who have as much NFL experience as Tebow) get ripped on here constantly, but Tebow's adoring fans have a laminated excuse sheet a mile long.

Nobody talks about them coming off injury, having no OTA's, shortened camp, I mean don't they have the same coaching staff hindering their development as well? Again why are all the alleged legitimate excuses for Tebow not used when criticizing other 2nd year players and rookies?

And why are their positions the ones everyone thinks need to be upgraded?

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 10:51 AM
I hope we get the best return guy out there.

bendog
01-30-2012, 10:56 AM
Doesn't make me feel better....I think more than 5 drops a season is inexcusable. But I also think completing less than half your passes is too.

My point is that guys like Thomas and Decker (who have as much NFL experience as Tebow) get ripped on here constantly, but Tebow's adoring fans have a laminated excuse sheet a mile long.

Nobody talks about them coming off injury, having no OTA's, shortened camp, I mean don't they have the same coaching staff hindering their development as well? Again why are all the alleged legitimate excuses for Tebow not used when criticizing other 2nd year players and rookies?

And why are their positions the ones everyone thinks need to be upgraded?

They need help at RB. Mcgahee can't do that again. And there's no diss there. The guy was a warrior. But aside from that in free agency, and probably a later round olineman, I think they gotta go with what they have to really see what they have.

However, NO can't keep both Colston and Meecham.

I think it's DT and MLB as prioities.

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 10:58 AM
They need help at RB. Mcgahee can't do that again. And there's no diss there. The guy was a warrior. But aside from that in free agency, and probably a later round olineman, I think they gotta go with what they have to really see what they have.

With the FA's they have I don't know if they can keep either of those guys.

errand
01-30-2012, 11:04 AM
8-4, 9-5 counting playoffs,300+ yards passing against one of the best defenses in our first playoff win in six years, and second in over a decade?

yeah, pretty sure the qb is fine. but then again, I'm not a puppet account of a Raider fan, so of course my opinion is different than yours dontbemessin.

Yeah, 316 yards passing...with the oft-maligned Thomas accounting for 204 of them, not to mention the 80 yard game winner.

Oh, but wait, it all Tebow....in fact that's how the highlight videos are labelled by your clown posse..it's not "Broncos 80 yard game winning play"....it's Tebow's

errand
01-30-2012, 11:11 AM

Yes, we need to find another RB to lighten McGahee's load...and especially if Moreno isn't a go.

I think ANY position that we can upgrade we should...our biggest holes are MLB, S , CB ....but that doesn't mean others areas aren't a concern.

bendog
01-30-2012, 11:53 AM
Yes, we need to find another RB to lighten McGahee's load...and especially if Moreno isn't a go.

I think ANY position that we can upgrade we should...our biggest holes are MLB, S , CB ....but that doesn't mean others areas aren't a concern.

I left out safety because I think Carter is a keeper, and Champ will eventually move over. Of course can Carter play SS? Chris Harris can.

I think there are at least two Mike solutions in FA. Connor or Fletcher woud both be upgrades. Fletcher can resign with the skins if he wants to, but with Elway and Fox, Den's looking pretty stable, and they did sniff the AFC championship game.

There are as many as 4 run between the tackles, but don't hold your breath for a long run, guys a urfa.

There should be legit DT or Corner talent for Den in round one. Unless they make some move, I'll be surprised if they don't take one or the other. It's way early as the combines are not near, but it looks to me that there's a little more depth in the second rd at corner than at DT. But saying that another way is that there are a lot more true first round corners in the draft than there are DT's ... and that's not to say it's light in front four guys, but Den doesn't need a NT of DE, they need straight up talent for both guys who can play the under and two gap.

zdoor
01-30-2012, 12:11 PM
We were thirteenth in the league with 28 dropped passes but first with 6.5% of passes dropped by attempts. That's a big number....

Doesn't mean Tebow doesn't need to improve, he sure as shiat does. But, ourWR are as much a work in progress as Tebow. Thats not a bash on our WR's, they are very young and inexperienced players, much like our QB. That's not making excuses for Tebow either... If Tebow doesn't improve next year he should be sat. But, he's shown potential, is already on the team and has been paid. If we can give KO 2 1/4 years when he repeatedly shiat the bed in any sort of pressure situation andhad a beyond horrible W/L record, we can give the guy who helped win our first playoff game in 7 years a little more time....

Beantown Bronco
01-30-2012, 12:14 PM
I hope we get the best return guy out there.

So he can watch every kickoff sail through the uprights and/or fair catch over half the punts he sees? Playing in Denver 8 games a year partially neuters returners. Moving the kickoff up to the 35 essentially completes the process no matter where the game is played.

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 12:23 PM
So he can watch every kickoff sail through the uprights and/or fair catch over half the punts he sees? Playing in Denver 8 games a year partially neuters returners. Moving the kickoff up to the 35 essentially completes the process no matter where the game is played.

Teams punt the ball against us FYI.

Beantown Bronco
01-30-2012, 12:29 PM

Hence my fair catch comment.

TheReverend
01-30-2012, 12:32 PM
We were thirteenth in the league with 28 dropped passes but first with 6.5% of passes dropped by attempts. That's a big number....

Doesn't mean Tebow doesn't need to improve, he sure as shiat does. But, ourWR are as much a work in progress as Tebow. Thats not a bash on our WR's, they are very young and inexperienced players, much like our QB. That's not making excuses for Tebow either... If Tebow doesn't improve next year he should be sat. But, he's shown potential, is already on the team and has been paid. If we can give KO 2 1/4 years when he repeatedly shiat the bed in any sort of pressure situation andhad a beyond horrible W/L record, we can give the guy who helped win our first playoff game in 7 years a little more time....

People should study this post until it sinks in

Beantown Bronco
01-30-2012, 12:34 PM

Just looked it up and we only had 20 punt returns all last season. That's basically one per game. I'd love to see Bowlen invest millions in a Devin Hester-like returner next year for one play a game.

DBroncos4life
01-30-2012, 12:47 PM
Just looked it up and we only had 20 punt returns all last season. That's basically one per game. I'd love to see Bowlen invest millions in a Devin Hester-like returner next year for one play a game.

I'm sure Hester would fair catch the ball in Denver. :giggle: Hester had 15 FC all year. 5 against us in Denver but we have one of the better punters in the NFL. As a team Denver had 39 returns and 19 FC. Hester had 33 returns and 15 FC. He tries to make plays and is FEARED. It would suck to have a player like that. But hey lets be cheap and keep starting inside the 20. Lord knows how easy it is to drive 80 plus yards for TDs.

broncswin
01-30-2012, 12:56 PM

Tebow's passes suck d1ck...there is that better

broncswin
01-30-2012, 01:03 PM

Rep...any time someone bags any other player on the Offensive side of the ball...Tebow hate posts come flying from every direction...just because I poke fun at Decker for dropping passes, doesn't mean I am in the Tebow worship club. People on both sides of the Tebow debacle need to fcking relax a bit!

Great post though...I almost threw up when I was reminded of the Orton Era :rofl:

Beantown Bronco
01-30-2012, 01:06 PM
I'm sure Hester would fair catch the ball in Denver. :giggle: Hester had 15 FC all year. 5 against us in Denver but we have one of the better punters in the NFL. As a team Denver had 39 returns and 19 FC. Hester had 33 returns and 15 FC. He tries to make plays and is FEARED. It would suck to have a player like that. But hey lets be cheap and keep starting inside the 20. Lord knows how easy it is to drive 80 plus yards for TDs.

The situation he'd be facing in Denver is FAR different than returning kicks/punts in Chicago. Our defense simply doesn't force enough 3 and outs. Period. Most punts we "force" are at or near midfield and have zero chance of being returned. You act like he'd come here and magically return punts that we choose to fair catch now, but I just don't see it. I don't remember any glaring cases of Eddie Royal, etc. fair catching any punts with nobody around him and lots of room to run. They are always of the standard "high hang time/guys all around me" variety that would be fair catches for Hester too.

Even if the team somehow magically manages to force twice as many punts next year (from deep in the opponent's territory) or our returner elects to fair catch the ball 50% fewer times, that person would still only influence two plays a game. I'd rather spend our limited resources on a guy that influences 50 or so plays a game. Eddie is just fine returning punts and he'll be a lot cheaper than a Hester.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Butterscotch Stallion
01-30-2012, 01:06 PM

A port in a mighty storm.

It's so sad how we have to type in qualifiers in our posts just to back off the hater brigade.

They are the whiniest group of internet nerds since the famed Twilight Vs. Harry Potter debates.

Butterscotch Stallion
01-30-2012, 01:08 PM
Yeah, 316 yards passing...with the oft-maligned Thomas accounting for 204 of them, not to mention the 80 yard game winner.

Oh, but wait, it all Tebow....in fact that's how the highlight videos are labelled by your clown posse..it's not "Broncos 80 yard game winning play"....it's Tebow's

Butterscotch Stallion
01-30-2012, 01:09 PM
mmmm, Errand's tears of insufferable sadness are delicious!

bendog
01-30-2012, 01:10 PM
Doubting Tim's ability to master the passing game is ..... HATE. I'm crying......

BroncoBeavis
01-30-2012, 01:18 PM

That makes a ****load of sense. You could say that about virtually any QB/WR combo in the league.

15 dropped passes was the highest by any WR in the league. Drew Brees had 15 turnovers. Therefore Drew Brees sucks?

Butterscotch Stallion
01-30-2012, 01:21 PM
Doubting Tim's ability to master the passing game is ..... HATE. I'm crying......

No need to even state this.

All your posts show that you consistently do.

bendog
01-30-2012, 02:07 PM
No need to even state this.

All your posts show that you consistently do.

bite me, butterscotch/tebowite

Butterscotch Stallion
01-30-2012, 02:15 PM
bite me, butterscotch/tebowite