PDA

View Full Version : Bucs close to naming Rutgers' Greg Schiano new coach

BroncoInferno
01-26-2012, 09:43 AM
Interesting.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7505668/tampa-bay-buccaneers-close-hiring-rutgers-scarlet-knights-greg-schiano-coach-sources-say?eleven=twelve

vancejohnson82
01-26-2012, 09:55 AM
funny.....this guy had one team that came through for him when he had Ray Rice, Kenny Britt and Mike Teel, and his name has been mentioned for a bunch of big jobs

I dont get it

Chris
01-26-2012, 09:58 AM
The Bucs don't have much choice. No one wants to work for the Glazers because they know they're invested in Man U, not the Bucs.

bendog
01-26-2012, 10:18 AM
4 years as DB coach at Penn St when Sandusky was DC.

cmhargrove
01-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Man, if we are talking college coaches - I wouldn't mind the Broncos looking at Bud Foster from VA Tech for a defensive coordinator. It seems like he is immensely loyal to VA Tech, but he seems like the kind of guy that could easily make the jump to the NFL. He's been a good d-coordinator for a long while.

Agamemnon
01-26-2012, 02:40 PM
Teams are really scraping the bottom of the bucket when it comes to hiring coaches this year...

DENVERDUI55
01-26-2012, 04:44 PM
Well Bill B holds this guy in high regard.

vancejohnson82
01-26-2012, 07:53 PM
Schiano did it at the worst time possible for Rutgers too...

he had a meeting this AM with the top recruits at Don Bosco Prep and never showed....so those kids are definitely not staying in state

btw, Buffs fans....you got a good one from Bosco last week: CB Yuri Wright

SoCalBronco
01-26-2012, 08:40 PM
That's a very good hire. Schiano is a GREAT motivator. He's a great college recruiter too, although those skills won't help him in the NFL. He can connect to people really well, though and built Rutgers from nothing. I remember when he was the DC at Miami for a short while and Butch wanted him to be his successor.

Don't sleep on Schiano.

As an added bonus, this will give us a better chance to get Darius Hamilton away from Rutgers. :)