PDA

View Full Version : Von DOOM on Allen leaving

TebLow
01-25-2012, 03:16 PM
Von Miller wondered how the Raiders' move would affect his play next season -- "He knows me," the Broncos' rookie linebacker said -- but he shared Bailey's view that Oakland made a good hire.

"First and foremost, they're getting a guy that's going to come in right away, and he's going to get it done," Miller said. "That's what he did for us. He came in, he laid out a plan for us, he told us, 'This is how we're going to do it, and this will work,' and that's what happened. We improved our defense an incredible amount. It was a night and day team from a year before.

"I think he'll do the same thing with the Oakland Raiders."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...ge-for-broncos

Mogulseeker
01-25-2012, 04:23 PM
I think the improvement has as much to do with Von Miller being a beast.

OBF1
01-25-2012, 04:28 PM
And that Doom was back playing this year.

Bronco Rob
01-25-2012, 05:33 PM
And that Doom was back playing this year.

Dumerville had his best year under Nolan.

:thumbs:

LRtagger
01-25-2012, 05:38 PM
Dumerville had his best year under Nolan.

That wasnt last year

Bronco Rob
01-25-2012, 05:46 PM
That wasnt last year

Thanks for the newsflash. The point being that Allen's depature has no bearing on his performance as a player.

:unamused:

LRtagger
01-25-2012, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the newsflash. The point being that Allen's depature has no bearing on his performance as a player.

:unamused:

What does that have to do with last years defense vs this years? That was what the discussion was wasn't it?

The point was dooms return in 2011 was another factor in the defensive improvement. Along with the addition of miller. I would guess any dc could have improved our last ranked defense on those two factors alone.

Bronco Rob
01-25-2012, 07:14 PM
What does that have to do with last years defense vs this years? That was what the discussion was wasn't it?

The point was dooms return in 2011 was another factor in the defensive improvement. Along with the addition of miller. I would guess any dc could have improved our last ranked defense on those two factors alone.

Talk to me in 6 months.

eddie mac
01-25-2012, 07:49 PM
Nolan's utilisation of Dumervil got him a $61m contract so he owes him a few $$.

broncosteven
01-25-2012, 09:29 PM
I thought Doom came on strong last year once he got healty.

Even Mark Anderson had a sack or 2 vs the Ravens, I think those speed rushers with long arms make great pass rushers. I just hope our new DC can utilize Miller and Doom.

Here is to hoping we get a stud DT and a serviceable CB this year. I read where it sounds like Elway wants to build the D with a stud CB but it would be nice to collapse a pocket with 3 rushers like the top D's have shown they can in the playoffs.