PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow # 19 on all time NFL any Era team (ahead of Peyton Manning)

Peoples Champ
01-24-2012, 12:07 PM
Tim Tebow is number 19 on the NFL any era team. Meaning he would be good in any Era in the NFL. Its always good to see Tebow on a list with Ed Reed. Dont think Cutler would be on this list:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7403681/no-19-broncos-qb-tim-tebow

Peoples Champ
01-24-2012, 12:08 PM
Tim Tebow is number 19 on the NFL any era team. Meaning he would be good in any Era in the NFL. Its always good to see Tebow on a list with Ed Reed. Dont think Cutler would be on this list:

im guessing he is above Peyton Manning because of his rushing ability

bendog
01-24-2012, 12:18 PM
Jesus weeps

Bronco Rob
01-24-2012, 12:22 PM
JAMES LOFTON: He's totally a throwback. When you talk about guys who could play in any era, he could play in any era. It may not be quarterback. He might have been a linebacker, a running back. He might have been a tight end. He's big enough that, if you take him back to the '50s, he could have been an offensive lineman. His physical skill set is something you want in a football player in any era. He's big, he's fast, he's tough, he'll take a hit, he'll deliver punishment. Tim Tebow, maybe he's not a quarterback in the '60s, maybe he's a defensive tackle. But Tim Tebow's going to come out, and he's going to be a winner. And I think that's what people are drawn to.

FLOYD LITTLE: He might not be the greatest quarterback, but he could play at any position you want him to play at. He's a guy I'd like to play with if I was still playing. He's a winner, he's mobile, strong, and gets the job done regardless, whether he's blocking, throwing, running or just fooling you. He finds a way to win, and people need to recognize that. A 'W' is a 'W' and it doesn't matter how you get it. If you win ugly, it's still a 'W.' Mechanics don't play the game, people do.

LARRY CSONKA: I'm picking Tim Tebow, who's a controversial choice. But that kid, a lot of people say he's not a pure passing QB. But neither was Fran Tarkenton. You can take Tebow and compare him to a lot of quarterbacks over the years, great QBs who could roll out and be a threat. When it comes down to it, I think he can throw the long ball, maybe not consistently, but consistently enough to win. And in the final analysis, isn't that what matters? He's not going to statistically pass Dan Marino, but he may end up in a Super Bowl. ... He has a combination of things that come down to winning.

MIKE DITKA: When we won the 1963 championship with the Bears, our heaviest lineman was 255. Tebow is an athlete. It starts there and it may end up there, but he'll improve in the things you do as a quarterback. But if you're saying for a guy who purely loves to go out there and play the game of football, he loves it and he plays as good as he can. Some weeks it may not be good enough, but that's what he does. And the will is a powerful thing.

:thumbs:

Boobs McGee
01-24-2012, 12:32 PM
JAMES LOFTON: He's totally a throwback. When you talk about guys who could play in any era, he could play in any era. It may not be quarterback. He might have been a linebacker, a running back. He might have been a tight end. He's big enough that, if you take him back to the '50s, he could have been an offensive lineman. His physical skill set is something you want in a football player in any era. He's big, he's fast, he's tough, he'll take a hit, he'll deliver punishment. Tim Tebow, maybe he's not a quarterback in the '60s, maybe he's a defensive tackle. But Tim Tebow's going to come out, and he's going to be a winner. And I think that's what people are drawn to.

FLOYD LITTLE: He might not be the greatest quarterback, but he could play at any position you want him to play at. He's a guy I'd like to play with if I was still playing. He's a winner, he's mobile, strong, and gets the job done regardless, whether he's blocking, throwing, running or just fooling you. He finds a way to win, and people need to recognize that. A 'W' is a 'W' and it doesn't matter how you get it. If you win ugly, it's still a 'W.' Mechanics don't play the game, people do.

LARRY CSONKA: I'm picking Tim Tebow, who's a controversial choice. But that kid, a lot of people say he's not a pure passing QB. But neither was Fran Tarkenton. You can take Tebow and compare him to a lot of quarterbacks over the years, great QBs who could roll out and be a threat. When it comes down to it, I think he can throw the long ball, maybe not consistently, but consistently enough to win. And in the final analysis, isn't that what matters? He's not going to statistically pass Dan Marino, but he may end up in a Super Bowl. ... He has a combination of things that come down to winning.

MIKE DITKA: When we won the 1963 championship with the Bears, our heaviest lineman was 255. Tebow is an athlete. It starts there and it may end up there, but he'll improve in the things you do as a quarterback. But if you're saying for a guy who purely loves to go out there and play the game of football, he loves it and he plays as good as he can. Some weeks it may not be good enough, but that's what he does. And the will is a powerful thing.

:thumbs:

lol ummm what?

g00fyfoot
01-24-2012, 12:38 PM
Used to have a poster of James Lofton on my bedroom wall when I was a kid.

ColoradoDarin
01-24-2012, 03:30 PM
lol ummm what?

Those are the guys talking about Tebow.

Armchair Bronco
01-24-2012, 03:37 PM
Love the "Old School" feedback.

Turd_Ferguson
01-24-2012, 05:48 PM

Yea poor Cutler wouldn't have been good in the 50s... He is so unlucky to have a strong throwing arm and the ability to play QB in the modern era. We are so lucky to have traded him for a QB that is best equipped to play alongside the Four Horsemen under Knute Rockne.

Peoples Champ
01-25-2012, 06:38 AM
im guessing he is above Peyton Manning because of his rushing ability

that is correct

Spider
01-25-2012, 06:52 AM
#19 ? I can go with that , but ahead of Peyton ? thats utter bullshiat , Peyton could play in any era

Peoples Champ
01-25-2012, 07:03 AM
#19 ? I can go with that , but ahead of Peyton ? thats utter bullshiat , Peyton could play in any era

nah, Peyton needs a dome, his division has 2 domes and 2 warm weather cities. He would have choked in the Icebowls of the 50's

Spider
01-25-2012, 07:05 AM
nah, Peyton needs a dome, his division has 2 domes and 2 warm weather cities. He would have choked in the Icebowls of the 50's
Yeah ok ........

bfoflcommish
01-25-2012, 07:06 AM

you know he beat us here in bad snow games right? he has won plenty of bad weather non dome games.

Peoples Champ
01-25-2012, 07:10 AM
you know he beat us here in bad snow games right? he has won plenty of bad weather non dome games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSe2bslASf0

bombquixote
01-25-2012, 07:37 AM
Yea poor Cutler wouldn't have been good in the 50s... He is so unlucky to have a strong throwing arm and the ability to play QB in the modern era. We are so lucky to have traded him for a QB that is best equipped to play alongside the Four Horsemen under Knute Rockne.

I usually don't even log in here anymore. But this, sir, needed repping.

Carry on.

TonyR
01-25-2012, 07:41 AM
But this, sir, needed repping.

Pos or neg?

bombquixote
01-25-2012, 03:19 PM
Pos or neg?

Pos, definitely.