PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Allen expected to be named next HC of the Raiders

montrose
01-24-2012, 09:13 AM
Barring a snag in negotiations or last minute change of heart. Reported by Schefter and Mort.

ColoradoBuff
01-24-2012, 09:13 AM
fock!!! Damn you Raiders!

BroncoInferno
01-24-2012, 09:14 AM
From Burger Bill:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7497230/oakland-raiders-hope-hire-denver-broncos-dennis-allen-coach-sources-say

Gort
01-24-2012, 09:14 AM
any way we can convince them to take McCoy instead of Allen? we can sweeten the deal by throwing in Knowshon Moreno and an exercise bicycle.

ColoradoBuff
01-24-2012, 09:17 AM
so who is gonna be Allen's replacement? ideas?

LetsGoBroncos
01-24-2012, 09:17 AM
This totally sucks as I was looking forward to having some continuity on D for the first time in a long time.

However, on the bright side this is not a good hire by the Raiders. The guy is totally unproven and has been a coordinator for one season. And it's not like our D was amazing, I think we ranked in the 20's.

Rohirrim
01-24-2012, 09:18 AM
I hope he works for them as well as Shanahan did. ;D

ppablo
01-24-2012, 09:19 AM
Interesting hire... I was looking forward to having him around for many more years and the D improving under him... I hope he doesn't work out for them... lol

TheReverend
01-24-2012, 09:21 AM
Who cares.

All this does is telegraph that Oakland's primary concern is finding ways to stop Tebow.

TheReverend
01-24-2012, 09:23 AM

Maybe staying in house?

Ron Milus maybe? He's a secondary coach like Fox and Allen are in their roots and has been coaching for Fox for several years now.

bronco militia
Who cares.

All this does is telegraph that Oakland's primary concern is finding ways to stop Tebow.

oh crap.....allen will know what we play we are calling on 1st down

boppool
He's a solid coach and he'll be missed.
For Allen, it seems like a great opportunity, but we're talking Raiders here...
Anything worse than 8-8 next season will get him fired and with Palmer and too many holes on the offense, I'd say it's quite likely.

I personally liked Allen, but once he's a Raider, he's dead to me.

LRtagger
01-24-2012, 09:24 AM
Spags?

BroncoInferno
01-24-2012, 09:24 AM
This is still Fox's defense, so I don't think it will hurt too much.

BroncoInferno
01-24-2012, 09:25 AM
Spags?

New Orleans hired him.

bronco militia
01-24-2012, 09:26 AM
Spags?

hired by New Orleans

bendog
01-24-2012, 09:27 AM
New Orleans hired him.

And I'm glad for NoLa, but they're gonna lose a lot of offense. I still can't believe Williamson didnt' contain Smith. Badword.

TheReverend

:spit:

Pow pow!

Rohirrim

:rofl:

KO5K
01-24-2012, 09:28 AM
Hopefully the improvements were down to Fox more so than Allen.

Kaylore
01-24-2012, 09:28 AM
It's near impossible to find a good coordinator. I don't expect us luck into another one for another three coaches. It seems like it takes a few to get to one. I just hope we give whoever comes in more than one season. It's ridiculous we can't find someone we like who wants to be a coordinator. Why can't we find some old guy who doesn't want to be a head coach?

Kaylore
01-24-2012, 09:30 AM

Unfortunately they were not. They were all Allen. The good news is Fox seems to know which coach's are good. The bad news is he is also loyal to his own and is as likely to higher an internal candidate as he is bring someone in.

This really, really sucks.

BTW, I don't think Allen will make a good head coach. I think he's too inexperienced. I think this was a bad move on his end.

Garcia Bronco
01-24-2012, 09:31 AM
Champ is gonna be upset.

Gort
It's near impossible to find a good coordinator. I don't expect us luck into another one for another three coach's. I just hope we give whoever comes in more than one season. It's ridiculous we can't find someone we like who wants to be a coordinator.

what about the guy who fled McD for Miami? i forget his name, but didn't he just get canned with the rest of their staff?

bronco militia
Dennis Allen is the leading candidate in Oakland
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 24, 2012, 11:57 AM EST

Broncos defensive coordinator Dennis Allen is the leading candidate to become the next head coach of the Oakland Raiders.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen report that the Raiders have identified Allen as their top choice, although there are still some “final steps” that need to be taken care of before they can come to an agreement.

The news comes as something of a surprise because Raiders General Manager Reggie McKenzie has made clear from the beginning that he wants to bring in his own candidate, and McKenzie has no ties with Allen. It was widely reported when McKenzie fired Hue Jackson that Packers assistant head coach and linebackers coach Winston Moss, who had a good working relationship with McKenzie in Green Bay, was the leading candidate in Oakland. But that no longer appears to be the case.

The Raiders have already told other candidates, including Eagles offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg and Bears offensive coordinator Mike Tice, that they are no longer in consideration.

The 39-year-old Allen was a starting defensive back at Texas A&M in the 1990s but never got further than a training-camp appearance with the Bills in the NFL. His coaching career began as a graduate assistant at Texas A&M, and he then moved on to Tulsa before getting stints as an assistant with the Falcons and Saints. John Fox hired him in Denver a year ago.

Allen would be the first head coach with a defensive background the Raiders have hired since John Madden.

TonyR

I think this is a very questionable hire, but I also don't think Reggie McKenzie's primary concern right now is Tim Tebow. I think he wants to build a winning football organization.

BroncoInferno
01-24-2012, 09:32 AM
Unfortunately they were not. They were all Allen.

And you have determined this how, exactly?

Gort
01-24-2012, 09:33 AM
It's near impossible to find a good coordinator. I don't expect us luck into another one for another three coaches. It seems like it takes a few to get to one. I just hope we give whoever comes in more than one season. It's ridiculous we can't find someone we like who wants to be a coordinator. Why can't we find some old guy who doesn't want to be a head coach?

with a defensive minded HC, is the DC really as important? for example, under Shanny, an offensive guy, he had little clue about the defense and we relied on the DC for everything. in contrast, we could have had a revolving door at OC and still had a prolific offense. seems to me with Fox, it's more important to have an good OC than DC. whatever DC we get will install a defense that Fox is comfortable with, so it's just a matter of getting some better players.

Garcia Bronco
01-24-2012, 09:35 AM
with a defensive minded HC, is the DC really as important? for example, under Shanny, an offensive guy, he had little clue about the defense and we relied on the DC for everything. in contrast, we could have had a revolving door at OC and still had a prolific offense. seems to me with Fox, it's more important to have an good OC than DC. whatever DC we get will install a defense that Fox is comfortable with, so it's just a matter of getting some better players.

Our offense hasn't been as good since Kubes was here; so I don't find that to be true.

Tombstone RJ
01-24-2012, 09:35 AM
too bad, I just hope Fox can find a good replacement. So long Allen, I hope your life becomes a living hell in Oakland...

Tombstone RJ
01-24-2012, 09:37 AM
Unfortunately they were not. They were all Allen. The good news is Fox seems to know which coach's are good. The bad news is he is also loyal to his own and is as likely to higher an internal candidate as he is bring someone in.

BTW, I don't think Allen will make a good head coach. I think he's too inexperienced. I think this was a bad move on his end.

I'm pretty sure Elway makes the hiring decisions, that's his job. I'm sure he will consult with Fox but I'm willing to bet that Elway will have the final say. He certainly SHOULD have the final say.

Gort
01-24-2012, 09:38 AM
Our offense hasn't been as good since Kubes was here; so I don't find that to be true.

under Shanny we were always good moving the ball up and down the field, just not at scoring points.

TheReverend
01-24-2012, 09:38 AM
I think this is a very questionable hire, but I also don't think Reggie McKenzie's primary concern right now is Tim Tebow. I think he wants to build a winning football organization.

By being primarily interested in a guy who did nothing innovative or impressive?

Beantown Bronco
01-24-2012, 09:41 AM

I'm guessing any "improvements" we saw this year were more due to the talent on the field this year compared to last (and the offense not turning the ball over deep in their own territory as much) than coaching.

This is no big loss IMO.

Crushaholic
01-24-2012, 09:42 AM

Hilarious!

Re: Allen...

While we IMPROVED on defense, under Allen, that's like spraying an air freshener in a restroom with a ****-covered toilet. Eventually, we still stunk...

Beantown Bronco
01-24-2012, 09:44 AM
Take out Von Miller and see how good that defense looks under Allen. Oh wait, we kind of did once the cast went on.

Kaylore
01-24-2012, 09:45 AM
Montrose totally called this two months ago on the podcast, by the way.

Rev, you aren't worried. Please elaborate. And remember Allen walked onto a squad of mostly backups on other teams.

TonyR
01-24-2012, 09:46 AM
By being primarily interested in a guy who did nothing innovative or impressive?

He was a popular DC candidate last year, and was a popular HC candidate this year. Clearly people around the league see something in him, much like people saw something in Andy Reid when he was a QB coach in Green Bay before the Eagles hired him (to name just one example). I think it's an odd hire but again I don't think Tebow is a factor. You don't focus a head coaching hire on one player on an opposing team.

RunSilentRunDeep
01-24-2012, 09:46 AM
what about the guy who fled McD for Miami? i forget his name, but didn't he just get canned with the rest of their staff?

Mike Nolan is the Falcons new defensive coordinator.

Maybe they'll bring in Todd Bowles, he's proven that he can't stop the Patriots either so it would be a smooth transition.

Steve Prefontaine
01-24-2012, 09:48 AM

Agreed. We need a LeBeau or Jim Johnson.

DarkHorse
01-24-2012, 09:49 AM
Great, how are some of the better teams able to have continuity for so long but we seem to lose everyone under the sun every 6 months?

Killericon
01-24-2012, 09:49 AM

Rev, you aren't worried. Please elaborate. And remember Allen walked onto a squad of mostly backups on other teams.

I don't see why you don't ascribe the defense's improvements to Fox. Can you elaborate on that?

While we're throwing out names, can we call Joe Woods or Bill Sheridan?

bronco militia
01-24-2012, 09:51 AM
I think Allen should get credit for the improvemnts in the defense this year. I think he had this group headed in the right direction. Too bad the defense had no depth. Anyway, such is life in Denver. The Broncos will be fine if the front office keeps focusing on improving this unit.

This move does slightly weaken the broncos, but i'm not sure how it helps the Raiders. Hiring young coaches with no head coaching experience almost never works out.

bendog
01-24-2012, 09:53 AM
I think Allen should get credit for the improvemnts in the defense this year. I think he had this group headed in the right direction. Too bad the defense had no depth. Anyway, such is life in Denver. The Broncos will be fine if the front office keeps focusing on improving this unit.

This move does slightly weaken the broncos, but i'm not sure how it helps the Raiders. Hiring young coaches with no head coaching experience almost never works out.

esp with Darrin McFadden getting paid on a non-rook scale contract.

Tombstone RJ
01-24-2012, 09:53 AM

I agree, this speaks to McKenzie's ego more than anything. I hope this is a bad omen for the the faiders, I hope this blows up in their face.

HILife
01-24-2012, 09:54 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WWaLxFIVX1s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HILife
01-24-2012, 09:55 AM
Come on! We finally get a pretty good DC and he leaves. This team just get an consistence at the DC position.

TheReverend
01-24-2012, 09:56 AM

Compare the talent this year v last years.

Then look at a few facts:

-we were WORSE this year than last in every stat category until Tebow started and with him came small-ball from a lack of trust and pumped up ToP

-even after that, we were below average in every statistical category from yards to scoring to run to pass to turnovers.

-the only category we weren't bad in (slightly above ave) was sacks. And **** me but with Elvis and the #2 overall pick invested in a 5th passrusher, you sure as **** should be at LEAST there. Despite this, we still had a piss poor pass D.

-what identity? We make heavy investments in being a pressure D instead of a cover D and in the biggest game of the year, rush 3 vs Tom Brady? Gtfo

-i should add that was AFTER witnessing that approach fail miserably in the reg season

-hes a secondary that evaluated tape of our CBs and said "I can work with this!"

-consistent miscommunication in our defensive backfield, including HoF vets like dawk and champ

Wasn't on a "fire allen!" Kick but could care less that he's gone.

TheReverend
01-24-2012, 10:00 AM
Great, how are some of the better teams able to have continuity for so long but we seem to lose everyone under the sun every 6 months?

Because the vast majority of our "everyone under the sun" has been awful.

Tombstone RJ
01-24-2012, 10:01 AM
I personally want the next Dcoordinator to be a guy who comes from a defensive line background. I'm tired of hiring DC's who's background is the secondary. I want a guy who lives and breaths DEFENSIVE LINE PLAY.

Inkana7
01-24-2012, 10:01 AM
Jack del Rio time!

Tombstone RJ
01-24-2012, 10:03 AM
I thought JDelR was already hired somewhere

Ray Finkle
01-24-2012, 10:04 AM
Jack del Rio time!

JDR = major MEH.....

TonyR
01-24-2012, 10:05 AM
I thought JDelR was already hired somewhere

According to wiki he's available...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Del_Rio

Kaylore
01-24-2012, 10:06 AM
This was the first season the defense played clutch in any measure for some time. We gave up a lot of yards, but when we needed a stop they had one. When we needed a turnover, they got one. They made some big sacks at important times. Allen was working with mostly crap all season. Now we are starting all over.

BigPlayShay
01-24-2012, 10:08 AM

Jack Del Rio

TheReverend
01-24-2012, 10:12 AM
I personally want the next Dcoordinator to be a guy who comes from a defensive line background. I'm tired of hiring DC's who's background is the secondary. I want a guy who lives and breaths DEFENSIVE LINE PLAY.

No you don't.

There's a reason that's so rare. Not much to it.

LBs and coverages are MUCH more complex and that's why the wealth of DCs come from this background.

TonyR
01-24-2012, 10:15 AM
I didn't realize until now that Del Rio was Fox's DC his first year in Carolina. Hmm.

TheReverend
01-24-2012, 10:16 AM
This was the first season the defense played clutch in any measure for some time. We gave up a lot of yards, but when we needed a stop they had one. When we needed a turnover, they got one. They made some big sacks at important times. Allen was working with mostly crap all season. Now we are starting all over.

1. Name a clutch performance against a good or better offense?

2. Not starting over. Allen's gameplans and playcalling but most likely Fox's principles and nore importantly, terminology.

Tombstone RJ
01-24-2012, 10:19 AM
No you don't.

There's a reason that's so rare. Not much to it.

LBs and coverages are MUCH more complex and that's why the wealth of DCs come from this background.

yah, it's kindof like hiring on oline coach to be the offensive coordinator (hello oakland), I understand that but whoever the Broncos hire I'd like to see an infasis on the defensive line play.

RunSilentRunDeep
01-24-2012, 10:19 AM
Jack del Rio time!

Barf...Part of the reason Del Rio got fired in Jax was he reportedly enjoyed the big money he was earning and got comfy working bankers' hours. Do you trust he's going to burn the midnight oil returning to a coordinator role?

TheReverend
01-24-2012, 10:24 AM
yah, it's kindof like hiring on oline coach to be the offensive coordinator (hello oakland), I understand that but whoever the Broncos hire I'd like to see an infasis on the defensive line play.

I'm not sure I understand what part of the DL play you'd like to emphasize?

We already have a fantastic DL coach in Nunnely.

Ratboy
01-24-2012, 10:26 AM
wow this blows.

ludo21
01-24-2012, 10:29 AM
im in the "meh" camp as well.

with von out our D stunk, just continue to get better players and fox and "insert dc here" will do fine

Kaylore
01-24-2012, 10:32 AM

2. Not starting over. Allen's gameplans and playcalling but most likely Fox's principles and nore importantly, terminology.

Not talking performance in the aggregate but clutch moments. Third down stops. The fumble being knocked out in the wild card game. Or the fumble in the Bears game. Or the consecutive three and outs against the Bengals. Or the third down stop in the Titans game that Orton failed to capitalize on. The sack of Sanchez at the end of the Jets game that forced a burned timeout. The interception at the end of the vikings game. There were a ton of those this year and we NEVER got them before. It just seemed when we needed a play our defense showed up.

Garcia Bronco
01-24-2012, 10:32 AM

Until we get stronger up the middle, all other cncerns are secondary IMO.

teknic
01-24-2012, 10:33 AM

2nd game against the Chargers? Von was pretty clutch in OT.

24champ
*****!!!!!!

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwfys8v1ZD1r3ovdbo1_500.gif

Kaylore
2nd game against the Chargers? Von was pretty clutch in OT.

There's a ton of those moments. And we never had them before.

elsid13
Larry Coyer is out there....

Garcia Bronco
01-24-2012, 10:35 AM

Dummervil took over some drives in Shanahans's last and Nolan's first year

Ratboy
01-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Jack Del Rio would be an upgrade.

Garcia Bronco
01-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Give me JacK Del Rio. that would be awesome. Loved him as a player.

Chris
01-24-2012, 10:39 AM
Terrible news. I heard JDR was a real douche.

bowtown
01-24-2012, 10:45 AM
Just an idea: maybe we should hire Spags or Nolan. Has anyone mentioned those two yet?

TheReverend
01-24-2012, 10:48 AM
Not talking performance in the aggregate but clutch moments. Third down stops. The fumble being knocked out in the wild card game. Or the fumble in the Bears game. Or the consecutive three and outs against the Bengals. Or the third down stop in the Titans game that Orton failed to capitalize on. The sack of Sanchez at the end of the Jets game that forced a burned timeout. The interception at the end of the vikings game. There were a ton of those this year and we NEVER got them before. It just seemed when we needed a play our defense showed up.

Must be the DC lol

Ratboy
01-24-2012, 10:49 AM
Just an idea: maybe we should hire Spags or Nolan. Has anyone mentioned those two yet?

Both have been hired.

bowtown
01-24-2012, 10:50 AM
Both have been hired.

What about that guy who coached the Rams or the one who was the DC in Miami?

bronco militia
01-24-2012, 10:52 AM
What about that guy who coached the Rams or the one who was the DC in Miami?

spags is in new orleans

nolan is in atlanta

come on bendog...try to keep up! :wave:

HILife
01-24-2012, 10:52 AM
New Orleans hired him.

Greg Williams?

bowtown
01-24-2012, 10:53 AM
Greg Williams?

No Greg Williams was fired by Jacksonville. I think he's OC for the Rams now. Maybe we can hire Jeff Fisher.

Beantown Bronco
01-24-2012, 10:53 AM

Could be because we never had Von Miller before. He's a key part in about half of those "clutch plays" referenced above. Again, without him, I could easily see our defense ranked in the 28-32 range once again.....regardless of who the DC was.

broncocalijohn
01-24-2012, 10:55 AM

Time for Nolan to come back where he should have never left. If Allen left sooner, we could have grabbed Nolan before Atlanta took him.

HILife
01-24-2012, 11:18 AM
No Greg Williams was fired by Jacksonville. I think he's OC for the Rams now. Maybe we can hire Jeff Fisher.

Almost, but no. He was recenetly the DC of the Saints, but is now the DC for the Rams. Just looked it up.

New Orleans Saints

Williams was hired by the New Orleans Saints on January 15, 2009. Head coach Sean Payton, who was heavily involved in the effort to recruit Williams to the team, raved about Williams “because he was so impressive and prepared” in his interview. In fact, Williams was so impressive that Payton offered and took a voluntary $250,000 cut in salary to help facilitate his signing with the team. He took over a Saints defense ranked 23rd in the NFL in yards allowed and tied for 26th in points allowed in 2008.

Williams's approach yielded immediate results, as the 2009 Saints recorded 35 defensive takeaways, second in the league, and the aggressive defense played an integral role in the Saints' run to their first Super Bowl championship. However, in the 2010 and 2011 seasons, the defense (although showing statistical improvement in some other categories) failed to repeat its turnover successes.[7] After the Saints were knocked out of the 2011 playoffs in a 36-32 loss to San Francisco, in which the defense played well for most of the game but twice failed to hold a Saints lead during the last four minutes, it was widely reported that Williams would leave the Saints to become defensive coordinator of the St. Louis Rams, under their new head coach Jeff Fisher, for whom Williams had also worked when Fisher was the head coach at Tennessee.[8]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregg_Williams

bowtown
01-24-2012, 11:19 AM
Almost, but no. He was recenetly the DC of the Saints, but is now the DC for the Rams. Just looked it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregg_Williams

Hmmm... maybe in that case we should try to get Spags.

Rother8
01-24-2012, 11:19 AM
Wow, terrible hire imo.

This year our defense didn't shut down anyone noteworthy. The Bears had Cutler our, the Dolphins started Moore for the second time, the Raiders had Palmer for the second time, the Chiefs had Orton for the first time. The list goes on.

Our defense was vastly overrated

edog24
01-24-2012, 11:21 AM
This is still Fox's defense, so I don't think it will hurt too much.

Exactly. After getting embarassed in a widely watched playoff game, it's astonishing that he was even a HC prospect.

I sure am glad we aren't looking for an HC right now, seems like teams are willing to just take a warm body.

DenverBrit
01-24-2012, 11:23 AM
Allen won't be missed

Wasn't the D's improvement credited to Tebow? ;D

bowtown
01-24-2012, 11:24 AM
Exactly. After getting embarassed in a widely watched playoff game, it's astonishing that he was even a HC prospect.

I sure am glad we aren't looking for an HC right now, seems like teams are willing to just take a warm body.

Little surprised that Perry Fewell hasn't done any interviews yet. If I were looking for a HC, that's who I'd be targeting. Maybe he's waiting until his season ends.

TonyR
01-24-2012, 11:34 AM
Wasn't the D's improvement credited to Tebow? ;D

Yes, except for the games where we gave up 40+ in which case it was the DC's fault...

Powderaddict
01-24-2012, 11:48 AM
I'll jump on the JDR bandwagon.

Allen helped the defense, but I will admit to yelling at the TV when we rushed 3 linemen and watched defenses march down the field. I do think Allen was a huge upgrade over "Wink", but I don't know that "better than Wink" is a great ringing endorsement.

I think another year lacking continuity is a bigger problem then losing Allen, if that makes sense. I would have liked to see him stay for another year just so we could have a freaking D coordinator more than 1 year.

Kaylore
01-24-2012, 12:12 PM
Must be the DC lol

Because all those other years DJ Williams and Ryan McBean were getting sacks while Woodyard was forcing fumbles?

Drek
01-24-2012, 12:45 PM
Del Rio would be an obvious candidate, but don't forget Mike Trgovac. He's the DL coach for Green Bay and was Fox's DC from '03 to '08. He bailed on the Panthers when it was obvious they would be running Fox in a lame duck year to go to Green Bay, but he might be up for a reunion in a more stable environment. Especially one that lets him to have a weapon like Von Miller.

He wasn't receptive to offers last year but that was largely tied to his daughter starting her senior year of high school, having already moved once. Now she's out of high school and a DC job where Fox looks to have a legitimate tenure secured would be a long term chance to grow. There does not appear to be any bad blood between the two of them, as Fox publicly supported Trgovac nearing the end of his tenure in CAR, including trying to get a two year offer to him when the owner was pushing 1 year deals.

Kaylore
01-24-2012, 12:49 PM
Del Rio would be an obvious candidate, but don't forget Mike Trgovac. He's the DL coach for Green Bay and was Fox's DC from '03 to '08. He bailed on the Panthers when it was obvious they would be running Fox in a lame duck year to go to Green Bay, but he might be up for a reunion in a more stable environment. Especially one that lets him to have a weapon like Von Miller.

He wasn't receptive to offers last year but that was largely tied to his daughter starting her senior year of high school, having already moved once. Now she's out of high school and a DC job where Fox looks to have a legitimate tenure secured would be a long term chance to grow. There does not appear to be any bad blood between the two of them, as Fox publicly supported Trgovac nearing the end of his tenure in CAR, including trying to get a two year offer to him when the owner was pushing 1 year deals.

That's a great post and it will be interesting to see who we go with.

tebowisdabomb
01-24-2012, 12:56 PM
http://www.footballnewsnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/chuck_bresnahan-512x300.jpg

t-diddy
01-24-2012, 12:59 PM
Hmmm... maybe in that case we should try to get Spags.

Hilarious!

Houshyamama
01-24-2012, 01:00 PM
Congratulations Dennis, you're now a worthless piece of ****.

UberBroncoMan
01-24-2012, 01:02 PM
This is a sick and twisted joke. He was literally hired one year ago today too.

BTW, what does Allen gain out of rushing this. He helps his future division rival? It's in the Raiders and potentially his best interest to **** us over and watch the DC pool vanish.

tebowisdabomb
01-24-2012, 01:03 PM
The way I see it is if he can keep that ****ty Donks O in the game he has to be one helluva defensive mind

TonyR
01-24-2012, 01:04 PM
BTW, what does Allen gain out of rushing this. He helps his future division rival? It's in the Raiders and potentially his best interest to **** us over and watch the DC pool vanish.

He'll be a D-backs coach in a couple of years, just like Raheem Morris is now.

BroncoBeavis
01-24-2012, 01:05 PM

Yeah, really poor decision on Allen's part. Oakland is where inexperienced coaching candidates go to commit career hara kiri

UberBroncoMan
01-24-2012, 01:05 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/24/report-raiders-considering-three-including-mystery-candidate/

There's a chance...

TheReverend
01-24-2012, 01:06 PM
Because all those other years DJ Williams and Ryan McBean were getting sacks while Woodyard was forcing fumbles?

http://menversus.com/images/bertstare.jpg

DJ Williams had more sacks in '10 than last year... (along with every other stat as well lol)

And Woodyard only had 2 FF's... which probably has significantly more to do with the nearly tripled amount of playing time...

Repped for great observation.

bronco militia
01-24-2012, 01:09 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/24/report-raiders-considering-three-including-mystery-candidate/

There's a chance...

Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

I might as well hire Scooby Doo and the gang…. They’re good at solving mysteries!

Dedhed
01-24-2012, 03:03 PM
Man it would bite to lose Allen and be stuck with McCoy instead of vice versa. Drek's Trgovac scenario would be an interesting contingency.

illbroncsfn
01-24-2012, 03:16 PM
I remember reading up a bit on Trgovac last year around this time, probably would have been a good fit. Going forward, the question would be if not Trgovac, then who....? That who really does worry me!

Agamemnon
01-24-2012, 03:16 PM
Barring a snag in negotiations or last minute change of heart. Reported by Schefter and Mort.

Meh.

elsid13
01-24-2012, 04:14 PM
Cecil Lammey is reporting via his twitter, the Bronco would promote from within and the LB Coach Richard Smith would be the DC.

UberBroncoMan
01-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Cecil Lammey is reporting via his twitter, the Bronco would promote from within and the LB Coach Richard Smith would be the DC.

...****.

barryr
01-24-2012, 04:18 PM
I'm ok with Allen leaving. He did some good things, but did some others I found highly questionable, such as his strategy against good passing teams. Rushing 3 and playing for coverage when you do not have great coverage people makes little sense to me.

BroncoBen
If the Broncos are going to stick with Tebow... then McCoy is the coordinator the Broncos need to keep. Dennis Allen is easier to replace.. yes it would be good to keep both coaches to build some consistency, but if the coordinators are good.. chances are you going to lose them. Just part of the business.

broncosteven

Our 34 year old HC ran him off.

ColoradoDarin
01-24-2012, 04:21 PM
I'm fine with either JDR or Trgovac

DontBeMessin
01-24-2012, 04:21 PM

Oh... NOW you want to tell the truth...

Lestat
01-24-2012, 05:28 PM
i'm not keen on a inside DC hire. Allen was a damn good hire and came highly recommended by Payton and Williams.
if we're going to lose Allen i'd prefer either another Allen type(hopefully without the 1 and done)or a seasoned DC.

eddie mac
01-24-2012, 05:54 PM
Allen's gone, we hardly knew ye.

Kid A
01-24-2012, 05:57 PM
Love what he did this year, but...gotta hate the guy now!

Raiders Suck.

tsiguy96
01-24-2012, 06:00 PM
Dennis Allen is the next coach of the Raiders. GM Reggie McKenzie didn't reach back to his Green Bay roots
per jasonlaconfora

its official. 7th DC in 7th years on the way.

titan
01-24-2012, 06:03 PM
The Raiders hiring away Broncos coaches has never worked out too well (Myrel Moore, Shanahan). Now with Al Davis out of the picture that may change.

I liked Allen but Fox had a big say in the defense so I think we can find a decent replacement.

Tim
01-24-2012, 06:05 PM
kinda sucks but I will bet that the broncos defense will improve next year without him. :wave:

rugbythug
01-24-2012, 06:19 PM
That Blows. But at least we are Consistent. 7 for 7 baby!

HooptyHoops
01-24-2012, 06:22 PM
Yep, all over Twitter now...Allen's gone.....so, would be a real offseason if the Broncos didn't have some type of drama? Please bring in a DC that can stay for more than one season and improve the D even more than last year!

Ratboy
01-24-2012, 06:29 PM
Wow.

Dennis Allen did good for himself. I liked where he had our defense heading, but we just werent there yet.

We need JDR.

Ironlung
01-24-2012, 06:29 PM
The way I see it is if he can keep that ****ty Donks O in the game he has to be one helluva defensive mind

That ****ty O that put up 38 on the gayders in their own house?

MABroncoFan
01-24-2012, 06:38 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7499385/sources-oakland-raiders-hire-dennis-allen-denver-broncos-coach

strafen
01-24-2012, 06:45 PM
Allen did a decent job, still, the guy is inexperienced as they come.
This past season was the first time he's held a position of coordinator, let alone headcoach.
We wish him luck, that's for sure, he seems like a nice guy.
On the flip side, this could somewhat impact our defense. Another year, another DC, what else is new.
Hopefully we can find a suitable candidate who could be more aggressive than Allen was.

Play2win
01-24-2012, 06:58 PM
No coach wants a piece of tim tebow. You have to wonder really if McCoy will be our O-Coordinator come next September.

KO5K
01-24-2012, 07:00 PM
It's official.

Allen is the next headcoach of the Raiders.

Hilarious!

KO5K
01-24-2012, 07:01 PM
No coach wants a piece of tim tebow. You have to wonder really if McCoy will be our O-Coordinator come next September.

McCoy could've been a headcoach because of Tebow.

Idiot couldn't even get that right.

TheReverend
01-24-2012, 07:02 PM
McCoy could've been a headcoach because of Tebow.

Idiot couldn't even get that right.

Not to mention John Fox owes at least ONE of his testicles to Tim.

Requiem
01-24-2012, 07:06 PM
Sasquatch, Godzilla, King Kong
Lochness, Goblin, Ghoul, a zombie with no conscience
question what do all these things have in common
everybody knows Al Davis is a ****ing monster

GOODBYE DENIISS ALLEEN!!!

Bacillus Anthracis
01-24-2012, 07:42 PM
However, on the bright side this is not a good hire by the Raiders. The guy is totally unproven and has been a coordinator for one season. And it's not like our D was amazing, I think we ranked in the 20's.

Your defense was the reason you won more than 3 games. There was a huge difference between the first 6 games and your last 8 in regards to the D. It sure as hell wasn't Tebow scoring 30+ per game that got you the success you had.

As for the hire, it's better than the spectre of Marty Morhninweg roaming our sidelines. Now that would have been a win for you guys.

24champ
01-24-2012, 07:58 PM
I think he moved up too soon. This was his first year calling plays and installing defensive schemes, game plans etc. He had a little help from Fox, but now he is moving on to oversee a whole organization. I don't think he is seasoned enough for the HC spot, I don't know how he is going to hire a good staff since he hasn't been around long enough to make connections around the NFL.

This is also a blow to our defense, we're just not getting continuity at the DC spot. Probably going to be JDR or Richard Smith to replace Allen.

bowtown
01-24-2012, 08:18 PM
Time to get Spags or Nolan on the phone.

TheReverend
01-24-2012, 08:25 PM

Second time I've seen you reference him today. First time I thought you were just kidding, so this time I'll let you know that Spags is in NOLA.

Chris
01-24-2012, 08:33 PM

^5

http://southpawbeagle.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/batphone.jpg

R8R H8R
01-24-2012, 08:55 PM
Fox better hurry up and grab our new DC because now Allen is going to be looking for one soon. No way Allen keeps the current guy, we couldn't possibly be that lucky.

bowtown
01-24-2012, 09:08 PM
Second time I've seen you reference him today. First time I thought you were just kidding, so this time I'll let you know that Spags is in NOLA.

Crap. How bout that guy the Rams just fired? Steve something...

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-24-2012, 09:17 PM
why would anyone wanna be a head coach in Oakland unless they decided to let a head coach be a head coach and not just some guy with head phones whos a head coach in name only .

bowtown
01-24-2012, 09:19 PM
why would anyone wanna be a head coach in Oakland unless they decided to let a head coach be a head coach and not just some guy with head phones whos a head coach in name only .

The emperor is dead. All bets are off.

TheReverend
01-24-2012, 09:24 PM
Crap. How bout that guy the Rams just fired? Steve something...

He's a Saint now. But maybe we can get the old Giants DC from a few seasons ago?

bowtown
01-24-2012, 09:43 PM
He's a Saint now. But maybe we can get the old Giants DC from a few seasons ago?

That guy was great. What ever happened to him?

TheReverend
01-24-2012, 10:00 PM
That guy was great. What ever happened to him?

I have no idea... but can you imagine if you could pair him with that OC from the Pats record setting offense? Would take the league by storm!

Bronco Yoda
01-24-2012, 10:24 PM
This just sucks. He did a fantastic job this year.

Now **** off Allen! Wish nothing but bad luck for you now. Now that you are a raider you are dead to me now.

DontBeMessin
01-25-2012, 07:20 AM
I might have to put this as My Favorites!!! Love seeing you Donkey's squirm!!!

eddie mac
01-25-2012, 08:12 AM

You have to do something to vent the anger considering the turds you've had to endure for 20 plus years in the Black pit.

Chris
01-25-2012, 08:22 AM

We are bemoaning losing him as a coordinator. Having him as a HC is an entirely different bag of worms. :curtsey: