PDA

View Full Version : Best. Super Bowl. Ever.

Gort
01-23-2012, 12:24 PM
choose. or die.

Pick Six
01-23-2012, 12:37 PM
That's like choosing which kid you liked the best. It can't be done, IMO. I'll give the edge to beating Favre, but beating the Dirty Birds was also sweet...

bronco militia
01-23-2012, 12:38 PM
32 was epic.

33 was over at halftime and felt like a pre-season game

Smiling Assassin27
01-23-2012, 12:42 PM
32 was the release of 30+ years of pent up rage and hope and frustration. When Mobley knocked down that last gasp pass, it totally transformed the franchise and its fans.

Jason in LA
01-23-2012, 12:52 PM
I remember damn near everything about 32, and have watched it on tape at least 5 times. 33 was great as well, but I mostly remember the Broncos beating the crap out of the Falcons, Rod Smith's 80 yard TD from Elway, and Romo having one big time blitz. As awesome as it was, that's about all I can recall from that beating, and I think I've only watched it on tape once.

Oh, I do remember feeling kind of bad for Dan Reeves when he went to shake Shanahan's hand. Well, he should have just lost to the Vikings, so that the Broncos could have beaten the crap out of them instead. ;D

Wait, one more memory, McCaffrey was screwed out of a touchdown catch when the ball popped out as he was rolling on the ground.

Rohirrim
01-23-2012, 01:16 PM
You never forget the first time. :~ohyah!:

TheReverend
01-23-2012, 02:10 PM
How is this even debatable?

TD4HOF
01-23-2012, 07:51 PM
It's kinda of weird but in a way I enjoyed the 2nd win more. The first time, I was so shocked (not that I didn't give Denver a chance) and dazed it was all like a quaint dream. The 2nd time I really soaked it up like, Yes, Champions of the World!

Mogulseeker
01-23-2012, 08:09 PM
32 and it's not even close. It was the first time, it was close, and we werent even supposed to be there.

Archer81
01-23-2012, 08:14 PM
XXXII, clearly.

The SB against Atlanta was just an awesome bonus, even if they came back from commercial late and almost missed Rod's 80 yard TD catch.

****ers.

:Broncos:

spdirty
01-23-2012, 08:20 PM
32. After we lost to San Francisco I thought that this wasn't the year. All the ups and downs, the amazing playoff wins, and for 2 weeks being browbeaten with the conventional wisdom that we didnt have a shot. Gave up a trip to England cuz I knew had I gone I'd have missed 2 playoff games. Went skiing that morning to get away from it all. And after that first green bay drive for the touchdown I remember thinking "here we go again" and just being able to see my dads face when Mobley knocked down that pass. The pure joy that went around the entire city the weeks afterward. Everything about that night was amazing. Just loved everything about it. And not to take anything away from it, but nothing IMO will come close to that. There was no way 33 could be able to match or exceed 32, even if it was the greatest most exciting Super Bowl ever played it wouldn't mean what 32 meant. 33 was more of the culmination of a dominant season than anything. And to prove that the 32 team wasn't just a fluke team that got hot at the right time. Man I miss that era.

broncocalijohn
01-24-2012, 01:05 AM
XXXII, clearly.

The SB against Atlanta was just an awesome bonus, even if they came back from commercial late and almost missed Rod's 80 yard TD catch.

****ers.

Then I guess you should have been in Miami like I was! We had a poll that was almost as lopsided as this a few months back. How could there be any question on this one? Gee the 2nd one in two years or the first one as Elway waited 15 years after being blown out in 3 previous ones? Come on now!

BroncoMan4ever
01-24-2012, 06:34 AM
i go with 32. that team had so much heart and grit to it, and then add in they were 2 TD dogs heading into the game. the AFC had lost 13 straight appearances. TD and his migraine and monster performance. Elway finally getting the monkey off his back. and just in general play, with the teams going back and forth the entire game. it was a classic brawl, just a 4 quarter punch for punch bout.

Kaylore
01-24-2012, 06:34 AM
The first one. The odds were insurmountable and the monkey off Elway's back - you could see it in his face how happy he was. Like that even he doubted he might not get another shot.

I will say XXXIII was pretty cool because Elway got to be SB MVP and dominated that game. That was nice to see because going into that game the pundits were predicting Elway would play bad because his stats were bad in the other matchups.

That One Guy
01-24-2012, 07:48 AM
Despite having been a Bronco fan before that, I don't think I've ever watched either one. Seen a few highlights here or there.

broncocalijohn
01-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Despite having been a Bronco fan before that, I don't think I've ever watched either one. Seen a few highlights here or there.

How old were you, 4? How can you be a Broncos fan and NOT see the 2 Superbowl games? Why would you even admit it?

That One Guy
01-24-2012, 06:16 PM
How old were you, 4? How can you be a Broncos fan and NOT see the 2 Superbowl games? Why would you even admit it?

I was 10ish at the time but living overseas where the games played at like 3 AM. I always tried to watch but fell asleep before the game started. One of these days I may download them and finally watch em.

And why admit it? Why not? Fan police don't scare me - they'll strike for something else, anyways.

gunns
01-24-2012, 06:29 PM
XXXII, clearly.

****ers.

This. When Mobley hit that ball down it took me a nano second to compute and I actually had to say to myself "we win". Then our whole row went nuts, the dream of a lifetime.

I remember when they came back from the commercial and Smith was catching the ball, I thought it was still the damn commercial. Stupid idiots. XXXIII was the icing on the cake.

El Guapo
01-24-2012, 08:40 PM
SB XXXII by far. I cried with Elway and fans around the world (and i was 16).

Go Broncos!

Archer81
01-24-2012, 08:46 PM
I was a sophomore in HS, living in Bethel Park, Pennsylvania. The week before the AFC Championship game I wore my old school blue Broncos jacket with the D on the back. Got pelted with iceballs and all types of ****. Denver beats Pittsburgh, I'm left alone but I do get alot of "well, its better because Green Bay will kill Denver. At least we wont get beat like they will."

Week after the SB it was suddenly that TD guy is ****ing awesome. I knew Denver would beat GB...

That was a good few weeks.

El Guapo
01-24-2012, 09:22 PM
I lived the same life, but in Texas. I dealt with crap all my life and that time was the best few weeks of my young life. For some reason, despite the media hype, i absolutely KNEW Denver could defeat GB. I loved it.

Go Broncos!

Armchair Bronco
01-24-2012, 10:35 PM
XXXII, clearly.

****ers.

Bonus Trivia Question:

What was the commercial that was shown that overlapped with Elway's TD pass to Rod?

maher_tyler
01-24-2012, 10:42 PM
That's like choosing which kid you liked the best. It can't be done, IMO. I'll give the edge to beating Favre, but beating the Dirty Birds was also sweet...

32 was Elway's and the Broncos first, easy decision to go with 32!