PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow's DNA

Pony Boy
01-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Tim Tebow's DNA

Tim Tebow is a throwback and could play in era, it would be awesome to see him on some of those old smash-mouth football teams.

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NiVlcjWBj00" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Crushaholic
01-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Tebow's bringing old school back, baby! :strong:

broncosteven
01-23-2012, 12:13 PM
At times Tebow reminds me a lot of Kapp, Douglas, Kilmer, Tittle

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/503/690/ya-tittle_display_image.jpg?1289902335

Pony Boy
01-23-2012, 12:18 PM
Tebow's bringing old school back, baby! :strong:

Tebow is definitely old school and I really miss that type of football, I'm tired of the new rules that favor the "prima donna" qb's. The NFC championship game was as close to old school football as you can get with all the new rules. I would rather see that type of game than a scoring frenzy.

Smiling Assassin27
01-23-2012, 12:40 PM
At his size, he'd probably kill some of those munchkins--death by trucking.

oubronco
01-23-2012, 01:00 PM
Yes he would make a good Riggin's type running back

bendog
01-23-2012, 01:01 PM
Tebow is definitely old school and I really miss that type of football, I'm tired of the new rules that favor the "prima donna" qb's. The NFC championship game was as close to old school football as you can get with all the new rules. I would rather see that type of game than a scoring frenzy.

Look who's in the superbowl and which two teams lost yesterday.

Killericon
01-23-2012, 01:13 PM

Both by last minute plays. There's no grand wisdom to be learned from the outcome of those games. A couple of plays here and there and it's the Harbaugh bowl.

bendog
01-23-2012, 01:16 PM
The last team to win a superbowl without an elite qb was Balt, and they had probably the best defense since da Bears superbowl. Tebow ain't gettin it done if he's not better than Flacco.

enjolras
01-23-2012, 01:28 PM
The last team to win a superbowl without an elite qb was Balt, and they had probably the best defense since da Bears superbowl. Tebow ain't gettin it done if he's not better than Flacco.

The reality is that he's not in the same league as Flacco at this point.

Smiling Assassin27
01-23-2012, 01:33 PM
The reality is that he's not in the same league as Flacco at this point.

depends on the day. flacco can look pretty putrid at times.

colorado jones
01-23-2012, 01:37 PM
TIm Tebow's DNA....is on McGruder's chin.

Dedhed
01-23-2012, 02:47 PM
Both by last minute plays. There's no grand wisdom to be learned from the outcome of those games. A couple of plays here and there and it's the Harbaugh bowl.

Brady and Manning each threw 2 picks that were not. Manning's were negated because 49ers are crashing into each other, and Brady's because refs assume that whenever Brady throws a pick a foul occurred somewhere.

Despite 4 missed INTs it still took a bed wetting by both opponent's special teams to get the Giants and Pats in the SB.

Butterscotch Stallion
01-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Yes he would make a good Riggin's type running back

yep. no haters here. quoting for further winning.

Steve Prefontaine
01-23-2012, 02:59 PM

Yup, Brady had a great game and Eli only needed 58 attempts to get 300 yards.

bendog
01-23-2012, 02:59 PM
Yup, Brady had a great game and Eli only needed 58 attempts to get 300 yards.

That's sort of the pt. They won.

Play2win
01-23-2012, 03:19 PM
It would take Tebow a whole season to come up with 58 passing attempts.

Steve Prefontaine
01-23-2012, 03:24 PM
That's sort of the pt. They won.

Oh, solid pt.

Butterscotch Stallion
01-23-2012, 03:28 PM
It would take Tebow a whole season to come up with 58 passing attempts.

Mccoy still may be leaving...so, I would wait a bit.

ColoradoDarin
01-23-2012, 03:30 PM

Brad Johnson says, "What about me?"

Vegas_Bronco
01-23-2012, 04:00 PM
SO I walk into the gym and caught the last of a espn segment on Jacksonville wanting to trade for tebow??? Just curious if there was a story there or if they were just filling time?

Can't start threads with a DROID so here be the hijack.

Blart
01-23-2012, 04:16 PM
SO I walk into the gym and caught the last of a espn segment on Jacksonville wanting to trade for tebow??? Just curious if there was a story there or if they were just filling time?

Can't start threads with a DROID so here be the hijack.

I checked the rumor sites, they're just filling time.

Bronco Yoda
01-23-2012, 04:19 PM

That really was a good game wasn't it. Good to see defense is still valued. So glad to see the packers and Saints get booted out of contention this year.

gunns
01-23-2012, 04:28 PM

Me too.

Mogulseeker
01-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Wasn't Joe Kapp, like, not a good football player?

MacGruder
01-23-2012, 04:54 PM
Did Joe Kapp dominate college football like no one before? Or Bobby Douglas or that matter?

I just find it funny how people are so quick to marginalize Tebow by comparing him to other players when there has really never been a player like him.

There was guys in college that played similarly to him but that wasn't supposed to work in this era of college football and in the conference he played...

Mogulseeker
01-23-2012, 04:56 PM
Tim Tebow's DNA

Tim Tebow is a throwback and could play in era, it would be awesome to see him on some of those old smash-mouth football teams.

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NiVlcjWBj00" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Players are aslo a ton bigger, stronger and faster these days, too. Watching that vid is like watching today's NFL highlights in slow motion.

errand
01-23-2012, 05:18 PM

joe kapp was the kind of quarterback that would hand the ball off and go look for a linebacker to smack..... he was one of the toughest quarterbacks to ever play the game.... he helped lead the vikings to superbowl iv, where they lost to the chiefs 23-7.

his passes were some of the ugliest things you could ever see.... but he was also a positive presence in the locker room and a born leader

errand
01-23-2012, 05:27 PM
Did Joe Kapp dominate college football like no one before? Or Bobby Douglas or that matter?

I just find it funny how people are so quick to marginalize Tebow by comparing him to other players when there has really never been a player like him.

There was guys in college that played similarly to him but that wasn't supposed to work in this era of college football and in the conference he played...

so he's such a great player that no one has ever seen before, with a unique skill set unrivaled by anybody else.... and yet you think people hold him to an unfair standard?

if he is truly this great player that you claimed he is he would not have struggled as badly as he had at times this year

what a lot of us have witnessed is the guy the can run the ball very well, but can't throw it with even moderately tolerable success consistently....

that's why he is compared to players like Kapp and Douglass

MacGruder
01-23-2012, 05:38 PM
so he's such a great player that no one has ever seen before, with a unique skill set unrivaled by anybody else.... and yet you think people hold him to an unfair standard?

if he is truly this great player that you claimed he is he would not have struggled as badly as he had at times this year

I disagree. Tebow's only issue is he has never played in a conventional NFL offense. He also has a terrible coach. ANY QB would struggle on this Broncos team with Fox coaching them. This is why Orton looked so good on the Chiefs and terrible on the Broncos with Fox. And Orton even had Lloyd.. without Lloyd Tebow has nothing to work with.. and even had to clean up Orotn's mess and look what he did with it. Even without Fox being adapt to Tebow at all.

People overrate the team to discredit the amazing job Tebow did this season...

what a lot of us have witnessed is the guy the can run the ball very well, but can't throw it with even moderately tolerable success consistently....

that's why he is compared to players like Kapp and Douglass

That is being myopic.. just because Tebow relied on or relies on his running ability doesn't mean he can't pass. As I said above.. Orotn couldn't function in this passing offense even with experience and Lloyd.

Tebow had to rely on his running because of the horrible situation he was thrown into and horrible coaching. I don't think any other QB could have done what he did with the limited team he had to work with.. they would have been killed long ago because of the poor oline, run game and receivers.

Let's also not forget that Tebow's mechanics were changed unnecessarily.. while that might help him in the long term it has been devastating in the short term. Especially with McD getting fired and then a terrible coach coming in and him not being developed or prepped for the season at all.

errand
01-23-2012, 05:47 PM
Players are aslo a ton bigger, stronger and faster these days, too. Watching that vid is like watching today's NFL highlights in slow motion.

Back in that day, the nfl wasn't a big business like is today.....diet, strength training, steroids, etc....have made the nfl what it is today.

Alot of people wonder if yesterday's players could play in today's nfl.....and I believe if they had the same benefits or advantages today's players have, then yes they could....

Turd_Ferguson
01-23-2012, 06:20 PM
Yea Tebow woulda been the best QB in the league before the forward pass gained popularity.

snowspot66
01-23-2012, 06:25 PM

Well they are in slow motion. There's probably a frame rate difference making everything look like its in molasses.

errand
01-23-2012, 06:31 PM
How can anyone not see video of Joe Kapp, and not think immediately of Tim Tebow?

Let's just hope the kid can start making strides in the passing game....because other than that he's what alot of people want their QB to be....a never say die, role model,team first player

TonyR
01-23-2012, 06:46 PM

Not going to happen, but saw this on Friday...

...it never made sense for Jacksonville to pass on Tebow, they should have just traded down 10 spots and taken him. The upside was too great. Again, they would have owned football in Florida had he panned out. What if the Jags offered Blaine Gabbert, their 2012 no. 1 pick (no. 7 overall) for Tebow? Wouldn't Elway have to take that deal? (Yes.) Wouldn't it be the most unpopular trade in recent sports history? (Yes.) Isn't Elway the only GM who can pull off such a trade, considering his own godlike status in Denver and the Broncos' fans unwillingness to vilify Elway even if he traded Tebow? (Yes.) Would anything be more riveting than Broncos fans quickly scapegoating Gabbert when he nearly self-destructed in Jacksonville with 200 times less attention? (Yes.) I can't think of a more fascinating fake sports trade — it's even juicier (and slightly more logical) than a Dwyane Wade/Joel Anthony for Dwight Howard/J.J. Redick swap.http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7484119/welcome-back-all-football-mailbag

Mogulseeker
01-23-2012, 06:50 PM

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7484119/welcome-back-all-football-mailbag

I disagree that Elway is infallible in Denver. He's revered, and deservedly so, but the Tebow is difficult to overcome.

broncosteven
01-23-2012, 08:35 PM

The late 60's early 70's had some tough somenabitches that couldn't throw the football but won a lot of games. Think SB VII.

Kapp played in a time before domes outside in some of the worst conditions imaginable I wouldn't want to run into him on a bender even now.

Steve Sewell
01-24-2012, 08:25 AM
I disagree that Elway is infallible in Denver. He's revered, and deservedly so, but the Tebow is difficult to overcome.

Tebow is a spec in John Elway's universe (Denver). People who haven't followed the Broncos for very long just don't understand the affinity that the Denver community has for the Duke.

errand
01-24-2012, 08:41 AM
Every Tebowite says Elway would not survive trading Tebow....they are so steeped in their hero worship that they forget that if the Broncos win, nobody will care except the hero worshippers.

Who would you not trade even if it meant going to SB? Tebow, Bailey, Clady, Miller?

KO5K
01-24-2012, 08:48 AM
Every Tebowite says Elway would not survive trading Tebow....they are so steeped in their hero worship that they forget that if the Broncos win, nobody will care except the hero worshippers.

What happens if they don't win?

What happens if Tebow goes to Jacksonville and wins games while we struggle to find a QB and draft in the top 10 for the next 3 years?

You think fans will be ok with that because of what happened 15 odd years ago?

Rohirrim
01-24-2012, 09:02 AM

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7484119/welcome-back-all-football-mailbag

They'd have to give up more than that, like throw in next year's first too. I doubt Elway would find that trade attractive at all.

errand
01-24-2012, 09:03 AM
What happens if they don't win?

What happens if Tebow goes to Jacksonville and wins games while we struggle to find a QB and draft in the top 10 for the next 3 years?

You think fans will be ok with that because of what happened 15 odd years ago?

Alot of things could happen this off season...what if they traded Tebow, but signed Brees? Would you like our chances more or less of winning?

What if they traded Tebow and had ammo to draft Luck? Would you like our chances of winning more or less?

What if Peyton was given clearance to play, but got released, and we signed him and kept Tebow as back-up?

Sure, these scenarios might not happen, but they are possible.....

So are you saying Tebow is untouchable....that no other player is worth trading Tim for?

Gort
01-24-2012, 09:04 AM
joe kapp was the kind of quarterback that would hand the ball off and go look for a linebacker to smack..... he was one of the toughest quarterbacks to ever play the game.... he helped lead the vikings to superbowl iv, where they lost to the chiefs 23-7.

his passes were some of the ugliest things you could ever see.... but he was also a positive presence in the locker room and a born leader

Joe Kapp still is an ornery old geezer. and he holds a grudge for a very, very long time.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/articles/2011/11/30/20111130joe-kapp-angelo-mosca-fight.html

Gort
01-24-2012, 09:09 AM
Alot of things could happen this off season...what if they traded Tebow, but signed Brees? Would you like our chances more or less of winning?

What if they traded Tebow and had ammo to draft Luck? Would you like our chances of winning more or less?

What if Peyton was given clearance to play, but got released, and we signed him and kept Tebow as back-up?

So are you saying Tebow is untouchable....that no otger player is worth trading Tim for?

Brees would have a tough time with our ham-fisted receiving core.

Luck will need a couple of years of seasoning too.

Peyton would get killed in the pocket because our OL can't pass block.

Tebow has earned a year to see if he can improve and if the OC can come up with a complete offense to utilize all of our capabilities.

if EFX can find another Von Miller or 2 in next year's draft on defense, and our offense puts in a full offseason of work, this team could be a 10+ win team next year. we just need an elite safety, D lineman, and/or a LB to help solidify a defense that showed some promise. oh, and no injuries would be nice.

KO5K
01-24-2012, 09:19 AM

So are you saying Tebow is untouchable....that no other player is worth trading Tim for?

No, dumbass.

But Elway isn't untouchable either. He has to get this Tebow thing right.

bendog
01-24-2012, 09:25 AM
No, dumbass.

Elway doesn't own Tebow. You guys do. If Tebow flunks out of passing 101, Elway gets a new horse.

KO5K
01-24-2012, 09:27 AM
Elway doesn't own Tebow. You guys do. If Tebow flunks out of passing 101, Elway gets a new horse.

Better be a good new horse.

Butterscotch Stallion
01-24-2012, 09:40 AM
Yea Tebow woulda been the best QB in the league before the forward pass gained popularity.

quoting for winnings again.

you rule at losing.

TonyR
01-24-2012, 10:08 AM
They'd have to give up more than that, like throw in next year's first too. I doubt Elway would find that trade attractive at all.

You think Jacksonville would have to give up more than the 7th pick of the draft and Gabbert?!?

bendog
01-24-2012, 10:22 AM
You think Jacksonville would have to give up more than the 7th pick of the draft and Gabbert?!?

I don't think Elway showed much love for Gabbert. He'd have sold Tebow's left nut for Luck, but no such luck.

errand
01-24-2012, 10:24 AM
Brees would have a tough time with our ham-fisted receiving core.

Drew's pinpoint accuracy and ability to read defenses would more than compensate for any shortcomings our WR's have, not to mention DT over th last month and half of season put up numbers as good as Calvin Johnson did with a lesser talent throwing the ball to him

Luck will need a couple of years of seasoning too.

But Luck is more pro ready now coming out of college than Tebow is after two seasons in NFL...so two seasons with Luck learning is the same as 3 with Tebow....worse case it's a wash. Luck has way more upside than Tebow does in my opinion...he's just as big, and fast, and while he doesn't run like Tebow, he doesn't throw like Tebow either

Peyton would get killed in the pocket because our OL can't pass block.

Peyton made his OL's look better than they really were with his pre-snap reads and quick release getting the ball to the right guy virtually everytime....even in his mid 30's coming off injury he's head and shoulders above Tebow.

Tebow has earned a year to see if he can improve and if the OC can come up with a complete offense to utilize all of our capabilities.

I never said he didn't...in fact I have said that he has. But having said that if you can upgrade ANY position on the team EFX would be fools not to do so....

if EFX can find another Von Miller or 2 in next year's draft on defense, and our offense puts in a full offseason of work, this team could be a 10+ win team next year. we just need an elite safety, D lineman, and/or a LB to help solidify a defense that showed some promise. oh, and no injuries would be nice.

Well hopefully they can find another Von Miller...provided he's not another Mike Croel. I agree we need to find better defensive players to transform us from a decent/good D into a very good/great D. And yes, being hit hard by injury bug was bad for us this year...no telling how we'd have fared had we stayed healthy for more than half the season.

In Bold

broncosteven
01-24-2012, 10:25 AM

In Madden we could probably get a 3rd and 4th or 5th and 6th also.

errand
01-24-2012, 10:36 AM
No, dumbass.

He is when the guy that hired him is Bowlen....why do you think he kept shanahan around for as long as he did despite years of mediocrity after elway retired?

True or False?

Bowlen will give Elway more years to turn the franchise around than he will Tebow.

You really shouldn't let your hero worship get between your brain and rational thinking...hero worship clouds your judgement. It makes you over value a player's actual worth.

errand
01-24-2012, 10:39 AM
In Madden we could probably get a 3rd and 4th or 5th and 6th also.

No, cuz you're only allowed 10 picks, remember?

Turd_Ferguson
01-24-2012, 10:48 AM
He is when the guy that hired him is Bowlen....why do you think he kept shanahan around for as long as he did despite years of mediocrity after elway retired?

True or False?

Bowlen will give Elway more years to turn the franchise around than he will Tebow.

You really shouldn't let your hero worship get between your brain and rational thinking...hero worship clouds your judgement. It makes you over value a player's actual worth.

Keeping Tebow could potentially hurt Elways job status more than getting rid of him. Look at the Orton fiasco... They kept putting him out there and fans got madder and madder, and it ended with a new coaching staff, and Elway being hired. If Tebow doesn't show major improvement fans will get sick of him fast. There are only so many times you can rely on the other team making HUGE mistakes at the end of games, 59 yard field goals, and onside kicks to win games. If the team starts losing and Elway backs Tebow it will hurt him more than dumping Tebow for what he can get and moving on.

Pony Boy
01-24-2012, 10:48 AM
The bar has been set for Elway and Tebow, we made the playoffs this year and I expect no less next year. If Elway keeps Tebow and we have a bad season, Elway will play the “I told you so card” and be given a free pass. If he trades Tebow and we don't make the playoffs, I think his job will be safe but he will be on a short leash.

KO5K
01-24-2012, 10:53 AM
If he trades Tebow and we don't make the playoffs, I think his job will be safe but he will be on a short leash. [/FONT][/COLOR]

Depends.

If he trades Tebow and Tebow doesn't do anything, then he'll be fine.

If he trades Tebow and Tebow becomes the QB people believe he can become, Elway better hope the Broncos are in the playoffs also or he's done.

errand
01-24-2012, 10:56 AM
Better be a good new horse.

How could he not be? all he has to do is prove he can throw the ball and not look like he's never done it before.

all kidding aside, why do you clowns think that Tebow is this untouchable Qb that cannot be replaced?

You know he started out 1-2...then went 7-1 to make him 8-3 as starter, and the "all he does is win" videos came out, then he closes season on 3 game losing streak, looking progressively worse during it, and while he redeemed himself somewhat vs Steelers, he struggled again vs Patriots...and currently sits at 9-7 as a starter....which isn't shabby, but it's not untouchable.

so why in you warped mind do you think that the kid is beyond reproach?

KO5K
01-24-2012, 11:01 AM
why in you warped mind do you think that the kid is beyond reproach?

I don't, dumbass.

That's why when you asked me that on the last page, I said:

No, dumbass.

You have the intellectual ability of a park bench.

Butterscotch Stallion
01-24-2012, 11:02 AM
How could he not be? all he has to do is prove he can throw the ball and not look like he's never done it before.

all kidding aside, why do you clowns think that Tebow is this untouchable Qb that cannot be replaced?

You know he started out 1-2...then went 7-1 to make him 8-3 as starter, and the "all he does is win" videos came out, then he closes season on 3 game losing streak, looking progressively worse during it, and while he redeemed himself somewhat vs Steelers, he struggled again vs Patriots...and currently sits at 9-7 as a starter....which isn't shabby, but it's not untouchable.

so why in you warped mind do you think that the kid is beyond reproach?

because we arent losers who support losers and hate on winners?

why are you so stupid? seriously? how can anyone be this ****ing.stupid? Im in shock

alkemical
01-24-2012, 06:31 PM
www.humpjones.com/rear/entry/no_business_like_sperm_business/

tebow could make bank!

TonyR
01-24-2012, 07:02 PM
I don't think Elway showed much love for Gabbert. He'd have sold Tebow's left nut for Luck, but no such luck.

Gabbert would be a throw in. This is about the 7th pick in the draft. But nobody's going to give up a pick that high for Tim Tebow.