PDA

View Full Version : iaofm

rugbythug
01-20-2012, 08:20 AM
Iaofm- not sure how many broncos fans read it but I find it a very interesting lesson in hypocrisy.

Rail against what you detest while becoming that same thing.

Chris
01-20-2012, 08:26 AM
pwease elabolate..

Jay3
01-20-2012, 08:27 AM
What's wrong with it? I think it's a great site.

Butterscotch Stallion
01-20-2012, 08:31 AM
Iaofm- not sure how many broncos fans read it but I find it a very interesting lesson in hypocrisy.

Rail against what you detest while becoming that same thing.

Is that a sight for christian republicans or something?

mwill07
01-20-2012, 08:33 AM
pwease elabolate..
I to would like to know how IAOFM is hypocritical.

Kid A
01-20-2012, 09:00 AM
One of the writers is pretty open about his lack of belief in the Tebow project and spends a lot of time railing against a lot of pro-Tebow arguments. Which, obviously, pisses off a portion of the fans that read there.

Personally I think he does go a little far in putting almost all criticism for the offense's flaws on Tim's shoulders. But I'm also not interested in readying 100% Tebow kool-aid everywhere I go, so I don't care if a couple people want to slant their columns that way. All part of the debate. Anyway, that site always provides good links to Broncos/NFL content around the web if nothing else.

Kid A
01-20-2012, 09:02 AM
Example from this morning (see the portion toward the top on Legwolds article and the corresponding comments at the bottom):

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/the-daily-lard-1-20-12

Chris
01-20-2012, 09:08 AM
That's funny. Doug is a friend of mine (we watched the games together every sunday for two years after he pointed me to the NYC Broncos bar). I'll have to tell him to stfu (doubt it will work).

Powderaddict
01-20-2012, 09:12 AM
Its a decent site, but its a bit too snarky for my tastes. I like some good snark, and I don't find his all that funny.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-20-2012, 09:23 AM
I like the site but don't love Doug's constant criticism of Tebow in a section that really doesn't warrant opinion. If you want to rail on Tebow, feel free, but do it in an editorial post and not one where you are just posting daily info. It gets old.

ColoradoDarin
01-20-2012, 11:06 AM
Most are too thin skinned over there, with Ted being the exception and the only one really worth reading. I posted one comment over there this week and got banned - on a post claiming Tebow went on a nationwide book tour. I corrected his ignorance (4 cities, 3 within a two hour drive of Jax where Tebow was working out last year) and I guess he didn't like it and banned me. Oh well, no loss on their or my part :)

Those wusses wouldn't survive 5 minutes on the 'mane.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-20-2012, 11:09 AM
Doug's a d!ckbag. I quit reading that site specifically because of him.

bronco militia
01-20-2012, 11:10 AM
blahh blahh, tebow sucks blah blah blah (goes on for 6 more paragraphs)

BroncoBeavis
01-20-2012, 11:31 AM
Most are too thin skinned over there, with Ted being the exception and the only one really worth reading. I posted one comment over there this week and got banned - on a post claiming Tebow went on a nationwide book tour. I corrected his ignorance (4 cities, 3 within a two hour drive of Jax where Tebow was working out last year) and I guess he didn't like it and banned me. Oh well, no loss on their or my part :)

Yeah, I'd never believe another word out of the mouth of anyone who banned you after correcting one of their mistakes (or exaggerations)

Just proves they don't really care whether what they say is true. Only that they APPEAR to be right. That's all you need to know about people like that.

Jay3
01-20-2012, 12:46 PM

I've had the same type of impression -- I read it for Ted's column's. The others (especially Doug) are embarrassingly biased and petulant if you call them on it. But they do all this huckleberry work in pulling together links of all that's being reported about the Broncos, so I appreciate that and check into it. I don't think they've got any interesting "football minds" except for Ted Bartlett.

crush17
01-20-2012, 01:02 PM
Doc Bear and Ted Bartlett are the oney ones worth reading. Doug is a whiney POS.