PDA

View Full Version : McCoy cancels Raiders interview.

Ratboy
01-18-2012, 09:38 PM
I can't imagine him doing this unless he knows he has the Dolphins job.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19768569

Ratboy
01-18-2012, 09:38 PM
Hopefully EFX has a few coordinators lined up.

robbieopperude
01-18-2012, 10:31 PM
How the hell is this guy getting a head coaching job. His playcalling was brutal most of the season. He should thank DT and his stiff arm because that play has set him up for these interviews.

robbieopperude
01-18-2012, 10:32 PM
Now that Fisher has been hired I would think that the G.B. Offensive Coordinator would be the number 1 candidate for each HC position.

Popps
01-18-2012, 10:33 PM
Yeah, this probably isn't good news. Losing McCoy would be a horrible way to start this offseason.

Installing yet another play-caller for Tebow is the last thing the kid needs.

But, McCoy is a talented guy and the rest of the league can see it. Again, no surprise here.

theAPAOps5
01-18-2012, 10:36 PM
I think we will miss him, especially with Tebow. Hate all you want but he did the best with what he had at QB. I think his in-game adjustments sucked in that they took too long and they wouldn't switch it up at all when not working unless it became crucial. But the body of work was worlds better than expected.

Flame away :)

Ratboy
01-18-2012, 10:38 PM
I think we will miss him, especially with Tebow. Hate all you want but he did the best with what he had at QB. I think his in-game adjustments sucked in that they took too long and they wouldn't switch it up at all when not working unless it became crucial. But the body of work was worlds better than expected.

There isn't much to flame. McCoy did his best with what he had on the field, which included a very raw QB.

theAPAOps5
01-18-2012, 10:40 PM
Yes to the logical. But you know who I am directing that at :)

R8R H8R
01-18-2012, 10:43 PM

No flame from me, I pretty much agree with you. We can all complain about his play calling, but the bottom line is that in the end it was that play call in crucial times that helped us win games.

Vegas_Bronco
01-18-2012, 10:47 PM
Raiders job vs working with a very young offense that's only going to get better. I think mccoy knows he has better opportunities in the future than LA.

Garcia Bronco
01-18-2012, 11:21 PM
Well...I wonder what OC will want to come work here.

Ratboy
01-19-2012, 12:22 AM
Well...I wonder what OC will want to come work here.

The list will be pretty short.

MacGruder
01-19-2012, 12:53 AM
but the bottom line is that in the end it was that play call in crucial times that helped us win games.

You mean letting Tebow call his own plays then?

Crow
01-19-2012, 01:06 AM
Dude was a pretty solid OC when he had a QB who could throw the ball (Matt Moore). If he's going to the team where Moore currently plays, Miami should be able to win a few games while they prep their (hopeful) long term answer at the position (RG3), or play their way out of one of next year's top choices.

Should at least be amusing. If they do land RG3, McCoy's experience calling those ridiculous option plays will serve him well. RG is pretty good at that crap himself.

MacGruder
01-19-2012, 01:09 AM

Would you want to start you coaching career with the Raiders? Sounds like a suicide mission to me..

Nwp-Apap
01-19-2012, 02:21 AM
Come on Miami! Take trash off our hands for what should be the third time in three years. (Marshall, Shoulda-been-Orton, Hopefully-McCoy) Marshall moreso psychological trash.

UberBroncoMan
01-19-2012, 02:33 AM
Enter...

Adam Gase

BroncoMan4ever
01-19-2012, 02:58 AM

or possibly he saw that the Raiders organization has it's head so far up it's ass that he just decided to say "**** that place"

KO5K
01-19-2012, 05:42 AM
The list will be pretty short.

Not necessarily.

Mike McCoy might land a head coaching job because of Tebow.

Mike McCoy, the dumbest, least creative, worst playcaller in the history of the NFL.

If McCoy can do that, other people will want a shot at working with Tebow so they can land their own gig.

Powderaddict
01-19-2012, 06:24 AM
McCoy worked with Tebow for two years.

Maybe he didn't call more pass plays for Tebow because he was terrified to do so.

I like Tebow, but operating a quick rythem pro style offense isn't his sting suit. Not yet anyways. I don't know if he will really ever be that kind of QB.

BroncoBeavis
01-19-2012, 06:37 AM
Dude was a pretty solid OC when he had a QB who could throw the ball (Matt Moore). If he's going to the team where Moore currently plays, Miami should be able to win a few games while they prep their (hopeful) long term answer at the position (RG3), or play their way out of one of next year's top choices.

Should at least be amusing. If they do land RG3, McCoy's experience calling those ridiculous option plays will serve him well. RG is pretty good at that crap himself.

Except Mike McCoy wasn't Matt Moore's OC. He was a QB coach. He wasn't calling any plays. McD didn't bring him in to call plays either because he called plays himself.

The guy's entire playcalling career consists of going 1-5 with Orton and 8-5 with Tebow.

cmhargrove
01-19-2012, 07:08 AM
I really don't know why we are concerned about losing McCoy. He has given us a new running game, and I thank him for that. However, just remind yourself where we were headed last year. A nicely developed balanced offense with play action, screens, and "move the chains" quick passes. Argue all you want, but I think that last year's offense would have given us more of a shot against the Lions, Chiefs, Patriots, etc..

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D5xnprkAIvY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D5xnprkAIvY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

bendog
01-19-2012, 08:45 AM
yes, McCoy who devised an offense for a qb who can run and throw a deep ball but cannot read defenses or throw timing routes (which is the staple of today's nfl) and got that qb to pull a team into the playoffs and win a game at that, and who has two franchises interviewing him for HC jobs, is a horrible OC... worst in the league .... there's no other logical explanation.

Kaylore
01-19-2012, 08:57 AM
I am not convinced McCoy will be a huge loss. I would like to see someone who has some experience developing QB's. I'm not pinning Tebow's woes on McCoy, but I would like to see someone who has some pedigree developing a QB join the team.

Turd_Ferguson
01-19-2012, 09:00 AM
I just don't get it... Why would he ever want to coach a QB other than Tebow.... Oh I know McCoy must be Anti-Christian... Yep thats it. Otherwise its his duty as a human being to not worship any other God besides Tim Tebow.

Dedhed
01-19-2012, 09:04 AM
Yeah, this probably isn't good news. Losing McCoy would be a horrible way to start this offseason.
Fail.

We can't have a coordinator who needs to learn the offense that we're trying to run from Tebow.

Smiling Assassin27
01-19-2012, 09:05 AM

Installing yet another play-caller for Tebow is the last thing the kid needs.

But, McCoy is a talented guy and the rest of the league can see it. Again, no surprise here.

I concur. Tim's going to have Alex Smith Disease if a new coordinator comes in.

cmhargrove
01-19-2012, 09:09 AM

I look at Alex Smith in a totally different light. It is not about the new or old coordinator, is it about the correct coordinator. Also, the 49ers have invested heavily in picking up top notch lineman that can make their system go. We have a good start, but I believe Franklin would be much better as a Guard, and we could use a true RT. If Harris is actually healthy, he was certainly a better pass blocker than Orlando Franklin will ever be.

BroncoBeavis
01-19-2012, 09:15 AM
yes, McCoy who devised an offense for a qb who can run and throw a deep ball but cannot read defenses or throw timing routes (which is the staple of today's nfl) and got that qb to pull a team into the playoffs and win a game at that, and who has two franchises interviewing him for HC jobs, is a horrible OC... worst in the league .... there's no other logical explanation.

McCoy
1-5 with Orton
8-5 with Tebow.

Tebow sucks, McCoy's the greatest.

Fail.

theAPAOps5
01-19-2012, 09:16 AM
McCoy
1-5 with Orton
8-5 with Tebow.

Tebow sucks, McCoy's the greatest.

Fail.

Repeat yourself much? Durrrrrr

BroncoBeavis
01-19-2012, 09:19 AM
Repeat yourself much? Durrrrrr

Gotta keep it simple for some people. :)

Any response? Or is the one line nothing all I can expect?

Rohirrim
01-19-2012, 09:23 AM
Gotta keep it simple for some people. :)

Any response? Or is the one line nothing all I can expect?

Simple minded. When you grow up, things won't be all black or all white. You'll see.

bronco militia
01-19-2012, 09:25 AM
Mccoy needs to stay so the broncos can call a running play on every first down in a season....

BroncoBeavis
01-19-2012, 09:27 AM
Simple minded. When you grow up, things won't be all black or all white. You'll see.

See, one line of mouth moving. Nothing said. This is what I'm talking about.

Rohirrim
01-19-2012, 09:28 AM
See, one line of mouth moving. Nothing said. This is what I'm talking about.

Well, you didn't get that. So I guess it wasn't simple enough.

DarkHorse
01-19-2012, 09:39 AM
If Tebow needs work on his passing game - McCoy needs just as much work on his gametime adjustments.

Just sayin...

BroncoBeavis
01-19-2012, 09:43 AM
Mccoy needs to stay so the broncos can call a running play on every first down in a season....

Earlier I was talking about how McCoy led off against the Pats with 8 straight rushes on 1st down, and how impossibly unprecedented (and ill-advised) that was.

Then I showed what Kubiak did with two fresh backup quarterbacks over 8 first downs in either of their FIRST GAMES with the team. 1st 8 plays were half passes with a complete rookie who'd never started before. Leinart had some NFL experience (where he struggled) but Kubiak still brought him off the bench and let him pass 5 out of 8 times on their first first downs.

I've asked if anyone, anyone at all has a single example of someone running 8 first downs in a row to lead off a game. Earlier I also asked for examples of 21 out of 22 like in the Pittsburgh game. I always get no response, so I figured narrowing it down to 8 made it easier.

But still nothing. The only response I get is

9 win 10 loss McCoy rawkz!!!!
8 win 5 loss Teebs suckz!!! Can't throw spiros.

So I've taken to repeating it. Just to watch the avoidance go on and on. :)

bendog
01-19-2012, 09:44 AM
Posters here like to convince themselves that McCoy is something other than a professional offensive coach. The reasons he has options is .... he's a professional offensive coach. His track record is retrievable for those who choose not to convince themselves otherwise. I don't really see him as great innovator like Walsh or Shanny, or even really that great a teacher/organizer like the Harbaugh guys. But, who knows.

However, I don't think he's irrelplaceable to the offense of Tebow. People overlook Elway. Elway hired Fox and explicitly said the teams he won superbowls with were run heavy and depended on the qb making plays from the pocket. Yeah he did the helicopter and yeah he rolled right, stiff armed the linebacker and hit Smith 40 yds downfield.

But Elway's said what Tebow has to do. Use the same footwork and delivery on the five step every single time. The WR comes into the gap between the two underneath linebackers with a half-step on the corner, and the Qb drives the ball in there. The pass has to be made BEFORE the Wr is in the gap. He's got to see the opening before it's actually there. The way that happens, or the way a PGA guy can put an iron shot into a 5 yd circle, is to make the shot the same way every time. Pro-Tennis, same thing. It's consistent, rote training.

It might be interesting to hear wheher Elway would really prefer a Nola or Balt offense ... if he had the personnel for either, but Elway would never answer the question because Tebow's never going to run a Sean payton offenese.

But McCoy's not the only guy in the NFL who can run a conservative offense like the Jests or Buzzards run. He's not the only guy who can teach qb fundamentals. Elway knows Fox wants to run run run and play field position. But you'd have to be pretty naive not to think Elway didn't talk with Fox before the offweek about changing stuff up. Elway as de facto GM can't change who starts, but he can tell a coach that if the offense isn't better that changes will happen in the offseason. Elway answers to Ellis, and everyone else answers to Elway.

What Elway did when he said Tebow came in the starter was that he saw enough progress on offense to give Tebow AND Fox a "passing" grade. But poster's here are only fooling themselves if they think Elway and Fox like the run read stuff as a staple of the offense, or that either guy wants to run that offense next year.

bronco militia
01-19-2012, 09:46 AM
Earlier I was talking about how McCoy led off against the Pats with 8 straight rushes on 1st down, and how impossibly unprecedented (and ill-advised) that was.

Then I showed what Kubiak did with two fresh backup quarterbacks over 8 first downs in either of their FIRST GAMES with the team. 1st 8 plays were half passes with a complete rookie who'd never started before. Leinart had some NFL experience (where he struggled) but Kubiak still brought him off the bench and let him pass 5 out of 8 times on their first first downs.

I've asked if anyone, anyone at all has a single example of someone running 8 first downs in a row to lead off a game. Earlier I also asked for examples of 21 out of 22 like in the Pittsburgh game. I always get no response, so I figured narrowing it down to 8 made it easier.

But still nothing. The only response I get is

9 win 10 loss McCoy rawkz!!!!
8 win 5 loss Teebs suckz!!! Can't throw spiros.

So I've taken to repeating it. Just to watch the avoidance go on and on. :)

it's maddenning and it's been that way since Tebow's first start in 2010 (oakland).

BroncoBeavis
01-19-2012, 09:55 AM
Posters here like to convince themselves that McCoy is something other than a professional offensive coach. The reasons he has options is .... he's a professional offensive coach. His track record is retrievable for those who choose not to convince themselves otherwise. I don't really see him as great innovator like Walsh or Shanny, or even really that great a teacher/organizer like the Harbaugh guys. But, who knows.

However, I don't think he's irrelplaceable to the offense of Tebow. People overlook Elway. Elway hired Fox and explicitly said the teams he won superbowls with were run heavy and depended on the qb making plays from the pocket. Yeah he did the helicopter and yeah he rolled right, stiff armed the linebacker and hit Smith 40 yds downfield.

But Elway's said what Tebow has to do. Use the same footwork and delivery on the five step every single time. The WR comes into the gap between the two underneath linebackers with a half-step on the corner, and the Qb drives the ball in there. The pass has to be made BEFORE the Wr is in the gap. He's got to see the opening before it's actually there. The way that happens, or the way a PGA guy can put an iron shot into a 5 yd circle, is to make the shot the same way every time. Pro-Tennis, same thing. It's consistent, rote training.

It might be interesting to hear wheher Elway would really prefer a Nola or Balt offense ... if he had the personnel for either, but Elway would never answer the question because Tebow's never going to run a Sean payton offenese.

But McCoy's not the only guy in the NFL who can run a conservative offense like the Jests or Buzzards run. He's not the only guy who can teach qb fundamentals. Elway knows Fox wants to run run run and play field position. But you'd have to be pretty naive not to think Elway didn't talk with Fox before the offweek about changing stuff up. Elway as de facto GM can't change who starts, but he can tell a coach that if the offense isn't better that changes will happen in the offseason. Elway answers to Ellis, and everyone else answers to Elway.

What Elway did when he said Tebow came in the starter was that he saw enough progress on offense to give Tebow AND Fox a "passing" grade. But poster's here are only fooling themselves if they think Elway and Fox like the run read stuff as a staple of the offense, or that either guy wants to run that offense next year.

Good post BD... I can get behind this. I agree with it probably 90%.

Where I differ would be McCoy's experience. To go from a QB coach in a draconian Fox system to calling plays for Tim Tebow... I honestly don't think McCoy has adequate experience for the job he's being asked to do. Tebow's not the kind of QB you want under an offensive coordinator who's basically never called a game before. Tebow adds an entirely different wrinkle in some facets, and has limitations in others.

We need an OC with a long history of play calling in the NFL. One who can make better educated guesses at what a defense IS GOING to do, vs waiting until halftime to see what they already did, then making adjustments.

Rohirrim
01-19-2012, 09:57 AM
Tebow cannot manage a three step drop and a quick pass. I charted every play in two games this year. He did it once in each game. One, Royal dug out of the dirt and the other dive bombed into the ground. That means the short end of the route tree is not available to the coaches. Ergo, they use the run. Most coaches, in a 3rd and four, for example, could call a quick curl route to quickly pick up that yardage. With Tebow, that's not going to happen. It's not in the playbook. Blame the coaches. :spit:

BroncoBeavis
01-19-2012, 10:21 AM
Tebow cannot manage a three step drop and a quick pass. I charted every play in two games this year. He did it once in each game. One, Royal dug out of the dirt and the other dive bombed into the ground. That means the short end of the route tree is not available to the coaches. Ergo, they use the run. Most coaches, in a 3rd and four, for example, could call a quick curl route to quickly pick up that yardage. With Tebow, that's not going to happen. It's not in the playbook. Blame the coaches. :spit:

The three step drop is a known adjustment for any spread option quarterback. Do you think the Panthers just quit throwing on 1st down because he has the same kinds of issues?

Carolina's adjusting, and even throwing OUT OF SHOTGUN ON FIRST DOWN quite a bit, if you can believe it. You'd have to scrape McCoy's brains out his headset if a thought like that ever occurred to him. :)

Ratboy
01-19-2012, 10:25 AM
The three step drop is a known adjustment for any spread option quarterback. Do you think the Panthers just quit throwing on 1st down because he has the same kinds of issues?

Carolina's adjusting, and even throwing OUT OF SHOTGUN ON FIRST DOWN quite a bit, if you can believe it. You'd have to scrape McCoy's brains out his headset if a thought like that ever occurred to him. :)

Are you comparing Newton to Tebow?

KO5K
01-19-2012, 10:30 AM
Tebow cannot manage a three step drop and a quick pass. I charted every play in two games this year. He did it once in each game.

ROFL!

That's all you've got? Two examples?

Two examples means he can't do it?

Rohirrim
01-19-2012, 10:42 AM
ROFL!

That's all you've got? Two examples?

Two examples means he can't do it?

Go back and watch every game he played. Play them back. See how many three step drops there are. How many five step drops. The pattern seems to be keeping him in the shotgun for the first half, and then, in the second half, letting him take it under center more often and taking the five step drop on occasion. Chart a few games, like I did. See how many of his few completions are the result of the play that's called or the result of Tebow busting coverage and then making something up: ie, playground ball. See how many of those completions came because Tebow didn't pull the trigger, because his first read wasn't there, didn't look for his second read, and then had to make something else up.

We run because that's what is available. Fire McCoy. Bring in a new OC. It won't change. Not until Tebow learns those skills. Some people around here, especially those with the 2011 join dates, believe that an NFL OC would limit his use of the route tree just because that's his philosophy of the game? :spit:

Rohirrim
01-19-2012, 10:44 AM

The best part of the three step drop is the play action which freezes the LBs and opens up the quick curl, or whatever else you're running. Throwing a quick route out of a shotgun is a good way to get picked off.

BroncoBeavis
01-19-2012, 10:50 AM
Are you comparing Newton to Tebow?

What's not to compare? That's the real question.

Dedhed
01-19-2012, 10:51 AM

Yeah, good point. The 49ers shouldn't have made any changes this year in order to save Alex Smith from having to deal with another coordinator. It ruined his development.

BroncoBeavis
01-19-2012, 10:58 AM
See how many three step drops there are. How many five step drops. The pattern seems to be keeping him in the shotgun for the first half, and then, in the second half, letting him take it under center more often and taking the five step drop on occasion

Maybe you should let us know what games you're talking about, because honestly I don't see enough 1st half passing attempts in many games to even develop the kind of pattern you're talking about.

Let's get specific.

BroncoBeavis
01-19-2012, 11:02 AM
The best part of the three step drop is the play action which freezes the LBs and opens up the quick curl, or whatever else you're running. Throwing a quick route out of a shotgun is a good way to get picked off.

Don't tell me, tell the Carolina Panthers. Obviously they have no idea what they're doing with Cam Newton. :)

KO5K
01-19-2012, 11:04 AM
We run because that's what is available. Fire McCoy. Bring in a new OC. It won't change.

This is what I see.

Almost every game we won this year (notable exceptions include Vikings and Steelers) were won when we went away from McCoy's usual, predictable playcalling.

Why does that not bother you?

To win, we had to do something different to what we would do in the first 55 minutes. And it worked nearly every time.

cutthemdown
01-19-2012, 11:04 AM
Amazing one of our coaches getting a HC gig this quick. Sorry but this is really shocking IMO. Not good for Denver either, we need stability right now.

lolcopter
01-19-2012, 11:07 AM
I just don't get it... Why would he ever want to coach a QB other than Tebow.... Oh I know McCoy must be Anti-Christian... Yep thats it. Otherwise its his duty as a human being to not worship any other God besides Tim Tebow.

Moron

BroncoBeavis
01-19-2012, 11:11 AM
Almost every game we won this year (notable exceptions include Vikings and Steelers) were won when we went away from McCoy's usual, predictable playcalling..

Even in the Vikings game we trailed at half and Tebow had a ridiculously low number of pass attempts in the first half. Something like 5 or 6.

In the Steelers game, the crap 1st downs put Tebow in some super ugly 2nd and 3rd down holes. We were lucky he dug out of them with a few bombs. If that was the intent of the playcalling though, not good.

MaloCS
01-19-2012, 11:39 AM
McCoy worked with Tebow for two years.

Maybe he didn't call more pass plays for Tebow because he was terrified to do so.

That's a great attribute for a head coach -- being 'terrified'. Hilarious!

MaloCS
01-19-2012, 11:43 AM
Amazing one of our coaches getting a HC gig this quick. Sorry but this is really shocking IMO. Not good for Denver either, we need stability right now.

Normally I would agree with your assertion but in this case McCoy leaving may just be a blessing in disguise. During the week leading up to the wildcard game I heard several players say they can't be afraid to be great. Well, the Broncos need an offensive coordinator that isn't afraid to be great.

Fear has no place in the heart and soul of a professional NFL coach.

Beantown Bronco
01-19-2012, 11:52 AM
Fear has no place in the heart and soul of a professional NFL coach.

Maybe we can get this guy to be our new OC:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a8lUt0Ile00" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HILife
01-19-2012, 12:40 PM
Except Mike McCoy wasn't Matt Moore's OC. He was a QB coach. He wasn't calling any plays. McD didn't bring him in to call plays either because he called plays himself.

The guy's entire playcalling career consists of going 1-5 with Orton and 8-5 with Tebow.

There is more to being an OC then just calling plays, like:

-Developing game plans
-designing plays
-coaching up the players
-managing the Offense
-etc.

2KBack
01-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Maybe we can get this guy to be our new OC:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a8lUt0Ile00" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Welcome back dude.

oubronco
01-19-2012, 02:19 PM
You mean letting Tebow call his own plays then?

Hilarious! He can't even read defenses and you want him calling his own plays

BroncoBeavis
01-19-2012, 02:35 PM

-Developing game plans
-designing plays
-coaching up the players
-managing the Offense
-etc.

Yeah, but I'd have to think the back and forth of playcalling in a live NFL game has gotta be very different from drawing up plays on a chalkboard. The chess match part of it is that the other guy's trying to mix things around so you don't know what he's going to do.

Designing a play, you say "if the D does this, you can do this or this"

In a real game, you have to try to predict what another person is going to do in advance. And a smart DC is going to be changing that up all throughout the game. Being able to draw up a nice play on a board won't help you with that.

Frankly, McCoy seems paralyzed by this part. He chalkboarded a gameplan and sticks to it regardless of what the Defense does, or whether it works or it doesn't.

bendog
01-19-2012, 02:54 PM

-Developing game plans
-designing plays
-coaching up the players
-managing the Offense
-etc.

I agree, though for once I don't totally disagree with Beevis. Tebow was lost in the wilderness for eternity when put in 2nd and 10 (or more) and trying to find an open crossing receiver underneath. That's what NE forced him into in the last game, and he couldn't do it. And that's not just from me, it's from the play by play and natl media doing the autopsy the next day.

Tebow may learn, but the pt is McCoy called games to avoid that. But in the end, all it did was get Willis stuffed on first and ten. Still, there were things they could do. To be fair, McCoy called a flea flicker that should have been a td in one game, but Tebow froze ... leading to the Elway "pull the trigger" comment.

Pt being that the OC just can't avoid any chance on down one. Granted Tebow cannot make the pass that 30 or so other qb's are called on to make, not yet anyway. But, what about a reverse to Royal off the dreaded fake to Willis, Tebow off tackle yawner? What about a WR screen with two wr's on one side, one takes a step back, the other shields him and tebow gets the ball there on a three step? Tebow did throw that at Fla. How about a quick pitch to Johnson off right tackle?

Do stuff like that three times a game. Other than that I'd give McCoy an A on switching offenses mid-season and getting an entire team to buy in. And putting Tebow in an offense he could executed. Plus, I don't think people give enough thought as to how Knowshow going down really took away the zone block runs. But McCoy's play calling was pretty predictable.

Crow
01-19-2012, 03:00 PM

"Passing game coordinator" sounds like something other than QB coach. Maybe that's just me.

Ratboy
01-19-2012, 03:12 PM
What's not to compare? That's the real question.

I mean, sure you can compare. All you're going to find out is Tebow looks awful compared to Newton.

BroncoBeavis
01-19-2012, 04:08 PM
I mean, sure you can compare. All you're going to find out is Tebow looks awful compared to Newton.

Or you'll find out that Newton's passing out of 3 or 4 wr sets all game. Often in shotgun. Just like Cam and Tebow both did at the University of Florida in 2007.

Then again Cam ended up in some legal trouble and ran away to a junior college. Tebow won the Heisman. Both later won titles and lit up the SEC passing in a spread option. Tebow set the SEC record for PASSER RATING

I doubt he or Cam ever threw in 2WR power sets though. That's McFox through and through.

BroncoBeavis
01-19-2012, 04:18 PM
"Passing game coordinator" sounds like something other than QB coach. Maybe that's just me.

Sounds something like when they call a Janitor an Environmental Quality Assurance Manager. He was the QB coach.

The actual OC was calling the plays.