PDA

View Full Version : McCoy second interview with Miami

HumbleNJH
01-17-2012, 02:20 PM
He will meet with owner Ross in New York. Looks like he may become HC.

LetsGoBroncos
01-17-2012, 02:23 PM
He will meet with owner Ross in New York. Looks like he may become HC.

No idea how I feel about this. There were so many times this season where he had me so frustrated with the play calling, but on the other hand he has to be given credit for finding a way to design the offense around Tebow.

Butterscotch Stallion
01-17-2012, 02:23 PM
oh dear god please let this be true.

fwf
01-17-2012, 02:28 PM
im tebowing right now!

Swedish Extrovert
01-17-2012, 02:29 PM
No.

Smiling Assassin27
01-17-2012, 02:29 PM
Who would you want instead? Hue Jackson? Kyle Shanahan?

HumbleNJH
01-17-2012, 02:30 PM

Rick Dennison. Won't happen, so Hue Jackson.

chrisp
01-17-2012, 02:32 PM
No idea how I feel about this. There were so many times this season where he had me so frustrated with the play calling, but on the other hand he has to be given credit for finding a way to design the offense around Tebow.

I'm with you on this totally. People getting the bunting out and popping corks over his possibly leaving are definitely of the'glass-half empty' persuasion. I also think there's a tendency to overlook Tebow's flaws.

I think overall I woudl prefer McCoy to stay. we wnt some consistency to help Tebow develop. I know they would probably look for someone who was likely to run the same kind of offense, but even so change is nto what Tebow needs to improve as a passer

TheReverend
01-17-2012, 02:33 PM
Aw shucks

Rohirrim
01-17-2012, 02:34 PM
IMHO, it will be bad news for the Broncos, and Tebow, if McCoy leaves.

Swedish Extrovert
01-17-2012, 02:34 PM
If we lose McCoy, then I think Hue Jackson would not be a bad way to go... or, speaking of former Raiders coaches, what about Tom Cable?

MacGruder
01-17-2012, 02:36 PM

Designing a run offense around Tebow's running ability has to be the easiest thing in the world..

Butterscotch Stallion
01-17-2012, 02:43 PM

I'd take a 13 year old girl who played Madden 98 on Sega Genesis once over Mccoy.

HumbleNJH
01-17-2012, 02:44 PM
I'd take a 13 year old girl who played Madden 98 on Sega Genesis once over Mccoy.

Ok, he is one of three, Philbin and Bowles are the other two. Must be a top 3.

BigPlayShay
01-17-2012, 02:49 PM
Continuity is a proven path to success in the NFL. If McCoy leaves, the system needs to stay in place. So Gase or Studesville should move to OC.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-17-2012, 02:53 PM
Designing a run offense around Tebow's running ability has to be the easiest thing in the world..

The Broncos would be unstoppable if the forward pass was outlawed!

HumbleNJH
01-17-2012, 02:53 PM
Continuity is a proven path to success in the NFL. If McCoy leaves, the system needs to stay in place. So Gase or Studesville should move to OC.

No. No. No. No. Hell no.

BroncoBeavis
01-17-2012, 02:54 PM

Depends on what you want to continue.

cmhargrove
01-17-2012, 02:55 PM
IMHO, it will be bad news for the Broncos, and Tebow, if McCoy leaves.

For the record, even McCoy admitted that he was learning the wrinkles of the "option game" from Tebow and not vice versa. I would much rather have the Tebow that looked like a comfortable passer against the Texans in 2010, rather than the gun-shy Tebow of 2011.

We will be fine with a new OC, don't fret. Fox will demand that we are a good running team, we need an OC with a better idea of the passing game, and a more developed play action series (it seemed that when we did run play-action it was 2-3 predictable plays).

Powderaddict
01-17-2012, 02:57 PM
If it happens, congrats to McCoy. No use fretting, successful teams have staff picked all the time.

I'm sure a replacement that could be at least as effective as McCoy shouldn't be too difficult to find ;)

HumbleNJH
01-17-2012, 02:59 PM
If it happens, congrats to McCoy. No use fretting, successful teams have staff picked all the time.

I'm sure a replacement that could be at least as effective as McCoy shouldn't be too difficult to find ;)

Agreed

ColoradoDarin
01-17-2012, 03:01 PM
Dan Mullen!

Actually, I would have liked to get Bob Bratkowski, but Mark Mularkey grabbed him for OC already for the Jags.

Bronc62
01-17-2012, 03:02 PM
Maybe we'll actually see a middle or slip screen with a new OC.

Butterscotch Stallion
01-17-2012, 03:05 PM
We could just save money and hire a mexican at the Home Depot and just have him call run plays on first and second down, and then qb draws on third and long.

It's cheaper and just as effective.

If Bowlen really has a budget, this is a good way to start.

Rolandftw
01-17-2012, 03:05 PM
Good for McCoy. Surprised he's getting interest in that I'm assuming whatever team he goes to will not be anything close to Denver's heavy run scheme.

BroncoBeavis
01-17-2012, 03:06 PM
Man, you'd think Elway would have some dirt on Dennison laying around somewhere he could blackmail him with :)

KO5K
01-17-2012, 03:27 PM
Hilarious!

God help the Dolphins.

BroncoBeavis
01-17-2012, 03:34 PM
We could just save money and hire a mexican at the Home Depot and just have him call run plays on first and second down, and then qb draws on third and long.

It's cheaper and just as effective.

If Bowlen really has a budget, this is a good way to start.

Maybe once a half he could put in an "Ask the OrangeMane Lifeline" with an RSS feed or something. We'd have to hire an interpreter if we go the illegal route though. To save bucks maybe we should just call all the plays by poll. McCoy had a hard time getting plays in on time anyway, so it's probably not that much different.

bowtown
01-17-2012, 04:04 PM
I love that people think Dennison, who's entire offensive experience has been as an OL coach and a OC in name only on two teams that were run-heavy-run-first offenses is going to be some dynamic step up over what we just had.

Ratboy
01-17-2012, 04:05 PM
Good for him.

I hope he does well, if hired.

DenverBroncosJM
01-17-2012, 04:08 PM
Studesville or however its spelled ....

Chris
01-17-2012, 04:09 PM
I love that people think Dennison, who's entire offensive experience has been as an OL coach and a OC in name only on two teams that were run-heavy-run-first offenses is going to be some dynamic step up over what we just had.

Never understood the Rico love.

Ratboy
01-17-2012, 04:18 PM
Studesville or however its spelled ....

Yep. I said this before.

Studesville is the only choice in my mind. He has experience with Tebow and will get the most out of him.

DomCasual
01-17-2012, 04:22 PM
Rick Dennison. Won't happen, so Hue Jackson.

I think it should be Hue Jackson. And then he should get involved with every aspect of the organization - from player personnel, to the brand of piss biscuits they use in the urinals! That way, he won't feel like he does right now a year from now!

MacGruder
01-17-2012, 04:26 PM
I think Studesville would be a really really bad choice. You need someone that understands how to develop a young QB

UberBroncoMan
01-17-2012, 04:27 PM
Enter...

John Elway OC

Slightly Soiled
01-17-2012, 04:38 PM
Jesus Christ - He has a headset directly to God. Plus Tebow can thank him in person after the game so Barkley can quit crying.

Seriously Studes knew how to use him last year and how about a REAL QB coach.

illbroncsfn
01-17-2012, 04:39 PM
Good for McCoy, but I would tend to believe he is running 3rd out of three (behind Bowles and Philbin) for the Phins job...

BroncoBeavis
01-17-2012, 05:04 PM

Got no problems with run first. Run only until screwed is where I develop problems.

Ratboy
01-17-2012, 05:16 PM
It's down to the following.

Todd Bowles, Joe Philbin, and Mike McCoy.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2012/01/dolphins-onto-second-round-interviews.html#storylink=cpy

In reality it's most likely down to Philbin and McCoy.

BroncoBeavis
01-17-2012, 05:24 PM

Besides up until this year what did McCoy's OC resume look like?

bowtown
01-17-2012, 05:25 PM
I think Studesville would be a really really bad choice. You need someone that understands how to develop a young QB

I really hate agreeing with you.

bowtown
01-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Jesus Christ - He has a headset directly to God. Plus Tebow can thank him in person after the game so Barkley can quit crying.

Seriously Studes knew how to use him last year and how about a REAL QB coach.

Pssst... Those weren't Studesvile's game plans last year. Also with that offense we were 1-2.

bowtown
01-17-2012, 05:28 PM
Enter...

John Elway OC

Hilarious!

HAT
01-17-2012, 05:31 PM
Did Koetter hire on anywhere yet? I know he interviewed with ATL....

Ratboy
01-17-2012, 05:32 PM
Did Koetter hire on anywhere yet? I know he interviewed with ATL....

Atlanta hired him.

Ratboy
01-17-2012, 05:37 PM
McCoy leaving spells disaster for Tebow. This is where we're going to see if an Offensive Coordinator wants to work with him.

Tombstone RJ
01-17-2012, 05:43 PM
I'd be ok if McCoy left for a HC job. We've seen his offenses with Orton and with Tebow and well, the offense broke down in the redzone with Orton, and it was way too one dimensional with Tebow. Sure, both QBs have issues but how about trying a quick slant pass with Tebow--just try it. Is Tebow so pathetic at passing that no timing routes could be installed, none? How about passing more on first down with Tebow? A 3 step drop and throw the friggen ball quick, short pass. Maybe in McCoy's head these types of pass plays are simply not possible with Tebow...

strafen
01-17-2012, 05:55 PM
I'm ok with McCoy leaving. It may actually be a blessing in disguise.

We need a good OC who can for a change include TE's in his weekly game plan.
3 of the 4 teams left in the play-offs have great TE's and they ALL have contributed big time to their teams success in the play-offs

Popps
01-17-2012, 06:00 PM
Good for McCoy. Surprised he's getting interest in that I'm assuming whatever team he goes to will not be anything close to Denver's heavy run scheme.

He wasn't a run-heavy coordinator until Tebow.

That's one of the many reasons teams are after him. What he did after inheriting a young, throw-challenged QB was borderline genius. (Fox deserves some credit, too.)

Outside of a few mouth-breathing Tebow-only fans on this board... most football people see McCoy for what he is, a talented coordinator.

Now, he's a head coaching candidate. No surprise here.

IHaveALight
01-17-2012, 06:10 PM
What about Jim Caldwell? Colt's canned him today.

BroncoBeavis
01-17-2012, 06:13 PM

Really, that's odd considering that he was Jake Delhomme's QB coach under Fox not all that long ago.

Popps
01-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Really, that's odd considering that he was Jake Delhomme's QB coach under Fox not all that long ago.

Ummm.... what's a surprise?

MacGruder
01-17-2012, 06:17 PM

That's one of the many reasons teams are after him. What he did after inheriting a young, throw-challenged QB was borderline genius. (Fox deserves some credit, too.)

Outside of a few mouth-breathing Tebow-only fans on this board... most football people see McCoy for what he is, a talented coordinator.

Now, he's a head coaching candidate. No surprise here.

bwaahahahaha

Kool-aid kills folks.

The throw challenged QB that was calling his own plays and improvising when most successful? And tanked most when he was following the coaches mentally challenged game plan.

And lord knows that NFL people are great evaluators of coaches.. we have seen their handiwork. Look at the genius Elway and what his coaching choice in Fox did for Orton's career... worked like a charm..

RunSilentRunDeep
01-17-2012, 06:19 PM
Let Dave Magazu be the running game coordinator and Jim Fassel handle the passing game and call the plays.

eddie mac
01-17-2012, 06:30 PM

Didn't Delhomme make the Pro-Bowl under his tutiledge and he also put up some impressive numbers when McCoy was QB coach/off asst/passing game co-ordinator under the run heavy Fox schemes.

He also brought Moore through when Delhomme went down injured in the season where Jake had a 111 passer rating and a 8-1 TD/pick ratio before his injury.

When he first came to Denver in 2009 Orton actually looked pretty decent and had his best season before he regressed and now you have Tebow developing.

Overall I think he's done a pretty solid job when you sum everything up with the talent he's had and the woeful drafting from McDaniels which is only starting to show any dividends now with possibly Tebow and Thomas as potential offensive weapons, remember Richard ****ing Quinn. He's had no luck in the RB dept with Moreno who's nearly missed as many games as he's been available for and then lost his pro-bowl LT to injury and he's never been the same player. He's also had to put up with his top WR in 2 of his 3 seasons demanding and getting traded.

eddie mac
01-17-2012, 06:33 PM
bwaahahahaha

Kool-aid kills folks.

The throw challenged QB that was calling his own plays and improvising when most successful? And tanked most when he was following the coaches mentally challenged game plan.

And lord knows that NFL people are great evaluators of coaches.. we have seen their handiwork. Look at the genius Elway and what his coaching choice in Fox did for Orton's career... worked like a charm..

Coaching had nothing to do with Orton's regression. he started off pretty well and had a decent if not good season in 2009. The rails came off him under McDaniels and Tebow seemed to operate pretty well for the remainder of the season, but off course he had Lloyd and Gaffney to bail him out making grabs receivers should never have caught.

BroncoMan4ever
01-17-2012, 06:37 PM
wow, Tuten is gone and McCoy may be on the way out too, this is a great day for the Broncos.

eddie mac
01-17-2012, 06:56 PM
What about Jim Caldwell? Colt's canned him today.

McCoy is reportedly in the mix for the Colts job as well.

Slightly Soiled
01-17-2012, 07:06 PM
Pssst... Those weren't Studesvile's game plans last year. Also with that offense we were 1-2.
Go watch the miked-up Texans game and than tell me he wasn't in part of the game planning.Plus it seams to me that if they stay in house and with a running offense he's been doing the best job of the coaches on that side of the ball.

comoose00
01-17-2012, 07:09 PM
wow, Tuten is gone and McCoy may be on the way out too, this is a great day for the Broncos.

Could not agree more.

Look our non existent short passing game is ridiculous. I do not care how bad he is at throwing the ball. If you never do it how is he supposed to get better. to be honest I do not think McCoy is a good OC and I think we can do better.

I do not think losing McCoy will hurt Tebow. We need better play calling. What will not cut it in today's NFL is run, run, run, run, run, run, 40 yd pass, run, run, run, play action 30 yard pass. I understand Tebow has limitation but there are a ton of play that can be run with high completion chance thrown by anyone.

We need a much better screen and TE game like everyone else has said. These are high percentage throws that will help Tebows completion percentage and his confidence.

MacGruder
01-17-2012, 07:09 PM
Coaching had nothing to do with Orton's regression.

What caused Orton's regression then?

Tebow seemed to operate pretty well for the remainder of the season, but off course he had Lloyd and Gaffney to bail him out making grabs receivers should never have caught.

If they caught them then why shouldn't they have caught them?

Tebow's receivers this seaosn had balls thrown at them anyone should ahve caught.

How is it Tebow's receivers in college had no problem catching Tebow's passes yet in the NFL they can't?

If balls are hitting guys in the hands that are just standing in place they should have the ball. Ne excuse for that...

bowtown
01-17-2012, 07:14 PM
Go watch the miked-up Texans game and than tell me he wasn't in part of the game planning.Plus it seams to me that if they stay in house and with a running offense he's been doing the best job of the coaches on that side of the ball.

Do you have a link? The game plan was almost exactly the same one we had run all year under McDaniels and McCoy. It just so happened that we were playing the worst pass defense in the league that day.

They shouldn't stay in house.

BroncoBeavis
01-17-2012, 07:39 PM
Coaching had nothing to do with Orton's regression. he started off pretty well and had a decent if not good season in 2009. The rails came off him under McDaniels and Tebow seemed to operate pretty well for the remainder of the season, but off course he had Lloyd and Gaffney to bail him out making grabs receivers should never have caught.

Do you watch any NFL games other than the Broncos. Every team gets those kinds of catches (other than us because we traded Lloyd)

Orton had plenty of crap throws caught by Lloyd. Did you see Boldin catch that Flacco garbage last weekend? Most teams have one go-to receiver who comes down with the ball half the time if you put it in his general vicinity, whether covered or not.

We no longer have that guy that Orton had his whole time here. Then you take the fact that Tebow had him for 3 games and use it against him.

Brilliant!

BroncoBeavis
01-17-2012, 07:53 PM
Didn't Delhomme make the Pro-Bowl under his tutiledge and he also put up some impressive numbers when McCoy was QB coach/off asst/passing game co-ordinator under the run heavy Fox schemes.

He also brought Moore through when Delhomme went down injured in the season where Jake had a 111 passer rating and a 8-1 TD/pick ratio before his injury.

When he first came to Denver in 2009 Orton actually looked pretty decent and had his best season before he regressed and now you have Tebow developing.

Overall I think he's done a pretty solid job when you sum everything up with the talent he's had and the woeful drafting from McDaniels which is only starting to show any dividends now with possibly Tebow and Thomas as potential offensive weapons, remember Richard ****ing Quinn. He's had no luck in the RB dept with Moreno who's nearly missed as many games as he's been available for and then lost his pro-bowl LT to injury and he's never been the same player. He's also had to put up with his top WR in 2 of his 3 seasons demanding and getting traded.

I love this stuff.

Delhomme's best years are because of McCoy, even though they started before McCoy was even the QB coach. Orton's good times were because of McCoy, but his bad times were because 'he regressed' and of course that was NOT because of McCoy, because McCoy can only be responsible for good things.

Oh and McCoy is a non run-heavy coordinator even though he spent most of his NFL career as a QB coach on a Fox team who was run heavy. And he had virtually no NFL playcalling experience until this year (because he was mostly a QB coach) but his experience outshines other OC candidates because they lack playcalling experience.

Also it doesn't matter whether McCoy was just a QB coach or an OC, or whether he was playcalling or not... anything good that happened while he was around any team for any reason makes him a good coach. Anything bad that happened was because of somebody else.

MacGruder
01-17-2012, 08:01 PM
Do you watch any NFL games other than the Broncos. Every team gets those kinds of catches (other than us because we traded Lloyd)

The funny thing is every ball Aaron Rodgers throws is a catch like this. Only difference is he never has the throws out of bounds or in the dirt like Tebow does because he has so many great receivers and a dominant line..

BroncoBeavis
01-17-2012, 08:02 PM
The funny thing is every ball Aaron Rodgers throws is a catch like this. Only difference is he never has the throws out of bounds or in the dirt like Tebow does because he has so many great receivers and a dominant line..

Brett "Jump Ball" Favre was the worst I've ever seen. People really underestimate how much impact WR's have on QB play.

Lestat
01-17-2012, 08:13 PM
should be interesting to see how the S & C shakes out as well as who the new OC will be if McCoy leaves(which i don't think is a good thing due to him being the guy who has always worked with Tebow)

epicSocialism4tw
01-17-2012, 08:21 PM
OC would be the most important Broncos hire in years if McCoy leaves.

Elway better be smart about that one.

bowtown
01-17-2012, 08:37 PM
OC would be the most important Broncos hire in years if McCoy leaves.

Elway better be smart about that one.

Yeah, way more important than the last 2 head coaches we hired, our Vice President of Operations, our GM, and our last 3 DCs.

DRAMA!!!!

Play2win
01-17-2012, 08:47 PM
Could not agree more.

Look our non existent short passing game is ridiculous. I do not care how bad he is at throwing the ball. If you never do it how is he supposed to get better. to be honest I do not think McCoy is a good OC and I think we can do better.

I do not think losing McCoy will hurt Tebow. We need better play calling. What will not cut it in today's NFL is run, run, run, run, run, run, 40 yd pass, run, run, run, play action 30 yard pass. I understand Tebow has limitation but there are a ton of play that can be run with high completion chance thrown by anyone.

We need a much better screen and TE game like everyone else has said. These are high percentage throws that will help Tebows completion percentage and his confidence.

Our QB not being able to get rid of the ball within 5 minutes after the snap is the reason we don't have any sort of short passing game.

Play2win
01-17-2012, 08:49 PM
Tebow is tearing this team apart!!!

Dedhed
01-17-2012, 08:56 PM
Looks like he may become HC.

:pray:

MacGruder
01-17-2012, 08:57 PM
Our QB not being able to get rid of the ball within 5 minutes after the snap is the reason we don't have any sort of short passing game.

Then what was Orton's excuse?

When McD was here it was the defense and the run game and the offensive line that were the problem. The defense and run game were fixed and he sucked even more..

Dedhed
01-17-2012, 09:01 PM

We have no passing game because we didn't once try to establish a balanced attack and only threw the ball when we got desperate.

What's amazing is how often Tebow came through in desperate situations.

BroncoBeavis
01-17-2012, 09:06 PM
We have no passing game because we didn't once try to establish a balanced attack and only threw the ball when we got desperate.

What's amazing is how often Tebow came through in desperate situations.

Was all part of the McCoy scheme. Tebow deserves no credit.

BowlenBall
01-17-2012, 09:07 PM
Denver Broncos offensive ranking, 2004-2011 (in points scored)
2004: 9th overall (Kubiak)
2005: 7th overall (Kubiak)
2006: 17th overall (Dennison)
2007: 21th overall (Dennison)
2008: 16th overall (Dennison)
2009: 20th overall (McCoy)
2010: 19th overall (McCoy)
2011: 25th overall (McCoy)

Just sayin'.......

BroncoBeavis
01-17-2012, 09:11 PM

Just sayin'.......

Damn it, we were one more crap Texans season away from getting Koob back. So wish they would've axed him last year.

HAT
01-17-2012, 09:17 PM

Just sayin'.......

That can't be right....jhiz told us all that Tebow scores more points than Orton?

MacGruder
01-17-2012, 09:34 PM
That can't be right....jhiz told us all that Tebow scores more points than Orton?

All Orton's points were in garbage time when the team was blown out.

You also need a bad defense to allow you the opportunity to score so much.

Fox plays a slow down style based on running that reduces points per game on both sides when it remotely works.

Dedhed
01-17-2012, 09:37 PM

Comparing point output under McDaniels to under Fox is very wise.

Pseudofool
01-17-2012, 10:24 PM
Why'd McCoy take the OC job under McD in the first place? Wasn't he with Fox at Carolina? Why didn't he stick to that gig?

The league must see Tebow as an albatross to give McCoy all this HC love, otherwise I don't quite get it. McCoy never struck me as lead-the-organization type of personality, but what do I know.

Drek
01-18-2012, 02:04 AM
Why'd McCoy take the OC job under McD in the first place? Wasn't he with Fox at Carolina? Why didn't he stick to that gig?

The league must see Tebow as an albatross to give McCoy all this HC love, otherwise I don't quite get it. McCoy never struck me as lead-the-organization type of personality, but what do I know.

McCoy was only the QB coach in Carolina and he has the same agent as McDaniels.

2KBack
01-18-2012, 10:29 AM
Comparing point output under McDaniels to under Fox is very wise.

How about 21 points per game in the first 5 games of 2011 and 18.5 the rest of the season?

Shotgun Willie
01-18-2012, 10:55 AM
All Orton's points were in garbage time when the team was blown out.

Technically, one could easily argue that that applies to Tebow as well. Look at his 4th quarter and OT scoring compared to his scoring in the 1st 3 quarters.

epicSocialism4tw
01-18-2012, 10:55 AM
Technically, one could easily argue that that applies to Tebow as well. Look at his 4th quarter and OT scoring compared to his scoring in the 1st 3 quarters.

Yeah, except that Tebow happened to...you know...win the games most of the time.

Shotgun Willie
01-18-2012, 10:58 AM
Yeah, except that Tebow happened to...you know...win the games most of the time.

Doesn't change the premise of the argument.

And Orton didn't exactly have the equal benefit of a defense that forced turnovers late, successful onside kicks, or miracle kicks to help him out.

epicSocialism4tw
01-18-2012, 11:00 AM

And Orton didn't exactly have the equal benefit of a defense that forced turnovers late, successful onside kicks, or miracle kicks to help him out.

No.

It wins the argument.

You forget...it was Orton who turned the ball over late for the other teams to beat us. It was Orton who couldnt convert critical third downs. It was Orton who couldn't get TD's in the red zone when it was absolutely necessary.

KO5K
01-18-2012, 11:01 AM

You're an idiot.

Scoring touchdowns in the fourth quarter so you lose by 10 instead of 20 is not the same as scoring touchdowns in the fourth quarter to win the game.

How do retards like you make it through life?

Shotgun Willie
01-18-2012, 11:08 AM
You're an idiot.

Scoring touchdowns in the fourth quarter so you lose by 10 instead of 20 is not the same as scoring touchdowns in the fourth quarter to win the game.

How do retards like you make it through life?

Kyle used to win those games too. Do we forget 2009, when he had 4 come from behind victories and started off 6-0?

Then what happened?

Teams got film on him/us and shut us down. He then went on a 4-14 stretch before getting the axe.

Tebow started off this year hot, then once teams adjusted to what he was doing, he lost 4 of 5 games.....all bad losses. Our only win coming against a 2nd string defense and a hobbled QB. I'm not sure the "winning" card is all that appropriate any more.

I have yet to see anything to indicate Tebow won't go on a slide just like Orton did.

Swedish Extrovert
01-18-2012, 02:50 PM
I really hate agreeing with you.

The only reason I saw that is because you quoted him, but I will say this: McCoy is the type of coach that can develop a young QB.

Good luck finding another one of those if McCoy leaves. A new guy is going to want his own QB for his own system.

Be careful what you wish for.

ColoradoBuff
01-18-2012, 03:02 PM
McCoy turns down interview for Raiders HC job

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19768569

HumbleNJH
01-18-2012, 03:15 PM
McCoy turns down interview for Raiders HC job

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19768569

Two things. 1. He has an excellent shot at the Miami gig 2. He is happy with staying in Denver if he doesn't get the Miami job. Smart decision, I believe.

BroncoBeavis
01-18-2012, 03:20 PM
Kyle used to win those games too. Do we forget 2009, when he had 4 come from behind victories and started off 6-0?

Dude, there's only 3 games you could categorize as "come from behind" and one of them was the Bengals Stokley miracle play that should've been picked. That happened in spite of Kyle, not because of anything he did.

Another one was trailing the Cowboys by 3 going into the 4th, and they didn't score again. ooooooh.

Then there was beating the Pats in OT. That's the only real 'comeback' you could really give Kyle much credit for.

I have no idea how you get to 4 unless you define 'comeback' as winning after having ever trailed at any point in the game.

And besides, you're acting like that girl you date who acts all funny with you because her ex-boyfriend seemed sweet at first but turned out to be a douche. If it happened once, do you shut the door on anyone new from then on out?

The kid's young. 16 games. Give him a break. Hope for the best.

Ziggy
01-18-2012, 03:22 PM
How about 21 points per game in the first 5 games of 2011 and 18.5 the rest of the season?

How about 1-4 the first 5 games of the 2011 and 7-4 the rest of the season?

Agamemnon
01-18-2012, 06:46 PM
Anyone who thinks McCoy is going to be the guy to resurrect the Dolphins is a complete retard.

Seriously, if they hire McCoy I'll no longer have any doubts about what franchise is the worst run in the league.

Now if only I had any faith in EFX's ability to find a real OC who has an actual clue how to use Tebow.

Soul-Bronco
01-18-2012, 06:49 PM
Question for all those saying they would want studes (love him as our RB coach) to replace mccoy as OC, if you were frustrated with run run pass, do you really think our RB coach would start calling slants on 1st down ?

Agamemnon
01-18-2012, 06:53 PM
Question for all those saying they would want studes (love him as our RB coach) to replace mccoy as OC, if you were frustrated with run run pass, do you really think our RB coach would start calling slants on 1st down ?

I wouldn't honestly expect much to change because I think Fox is the main reason we've been running on every 1st down.

2KBack
01-18-2012, 06:56 PM
How about 1-4 the first 5 games of the 2011 and 7-4 the rest of the season?

been discussed....and is valid. That said, it is a fact to say that the offense scored more during the first 5 games of the season. It may have turned it over more...though I doubt more than the last 5 games of the season. The fact remains, the offense scored more.

Soul-Bronco
01-18-2012, 06:59 PM
I wouldn't honestly expect much to change because I think Fox is the main reason we've been running on every 1st down.

which is why i dont understand why people who gripe about mccoy would then want studes for OC

Agamemnon
01-18-2012, 07:03 PM
which is why i dont understand why people who gripe about mccoy would then want studes for OC

It's definitely a problem. I like Studs, but I think we have to get an OC with enough oomph to run his own system rather than just doing what Fox wants. Fox is poison to offenses. Always has been.

I just really hope Elway realizes this and steps in.

Bronco Yoda
01-18-2012, 09:05 PM
Am I missing something here? Is the talent pool for HC's really that shallow these days?

mwill07
01-18-2012, 09:07 PM
Here's my plan for if McCoy walks: Adam Gase. He did a great job with the WR's in 2009-2010. This year, he was the QB coach. Sounds well rounded, and intimately familiar with the passing game, and should have plenty of familiarity with Tebows skill-set. He may be a little green still; only 33 years old.

Back-fill the QB coach spot with a bona-fide QB coach, someone who can be tasked to work with Tebows mechanics.

If Gase is too green, Broncos will have a tough job filling the position. I can't imagine anyone really wanting to deal with the Tebow hype circus. Sounds to me like a challenging position.

NFLBRONCO
01-18-2012, 09:33 PM
Tebow will bolt and head to Miami with McCoy

theAPAOps5
01-18-2012, 09:41 PM

How, he is under contract.

NFLBRONCO
01-18-2012, 09:52 PM
How, he is under contract.

Trade

teknic
01-18-2012, 09:56 PM

Or the owner is counting on RG3 being there.

bendog
01-19-2012, 07:47 AM
I don't see how Mia gets RG3 without moving up a lot.

ColoradoBuff
01-19-2012, 08:53 AM
from Klis' mailbag:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncosmailbag/ci_19770861

It appears doubtful Tebow will be working with offensive coordinator Mike McCoy, who seems to be the leading candidate to become head coach of the Miami Dolphins.

teknic
01-19-2012, 01:36 PM
from Klis' mailbag:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncosmailbag/ci_19770861

It appears doubtful Tebow will be working with offensive coordinator Mike McCoy, who seems to be the leading candidate to become head coach of the Miami Dolphins.

If McCoy goes to Miami, who replaces him?

Promote from within?

Jim Fassell?

Brian Billick?

Or do the Broncos commit to Tebow and bring in a spread college coach?

BroncoBeavis
01-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Wouldn't pay too much attention. It's just Klis.

UberBroncoMan
01-19-2012, 02:16 PM
Jeremy Bates is still looking for work.

Just saying.

jhns
01-19-2012, 02:34 PM
LOL @ people defending McCoy as a good coordinator. This team actually ran back to back QB draws at one point. I could call better games...

Agamemnon
01-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Brian Billick?

Just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Jay3
01-19-2012, 03:02 PM
Rip Scherer is the rumored backfill for McCoy.

Bronco Rob
01-19-2012, 03:59 PM
Breaking News Hound: BREAKING: Rosenhaus: "Mastermind" Mike McCoy To Be Miami Dolphins ...

breakingnewshound.comó Super agent Drew Rosenhaus says Denver Offensive Coordinator Mike McCoy will be the Miami Dolphins next coach. Rosenhaus, calling McCoy a "mastermind," made the comments on WQAM's The Joe Rose Show in Miami. 14 min ago

:wave:

WolfpackGuy
01-19-2012, 04:06 PM
Phins must be desparate.

Or drunk.

Agamemnon
01-19-2012, 04:16 PM
Rip Scherer is the rumored backfill for McCoy.

The QB coach for the woefully bad Colorado Buffaloes? What the ****?

Edit: Oh never mind, he's another one of Fox's guys so it makes sense. Though the fact that it makes sense is actually depressing.

Agamemnon
01-19-2012, 04:17 PM
Breaking News Hound: BREAKING: Rosenhaus: "Mastermind" Mike McCoy To Be Miami Dolphins ...

breakingnewshound.comó Super agent Drew Rosenhaus says Denver Offensive Coordinator Mike McCoy will be the Miami Dolphins next coach. Rosenhaus, calling McCoy a "mastermind," made the comments on WQAM's The Joe Rose Show in Miami. 14 min ago

Hilarious!

Oh this world is just so ****ing surreal...

Agamemnon
01-19-2012, 04:19 PM
Phins must be desparate.

Or drunk.

Only possible explanation would be that they are both...with a little bit of crazy thrown in.

MacGruder
01-19-2012, 04:24 PM
What's even weirder is that you would think people would realize that McCoy was likely following a master plan with Tebow based on what McDaniels was going to do with him.

Wouldn't it be ironic if Fox and McCoy look like geniuses from living off McD's scraps and draft pick in Tebow?

Bronx33
01-19-2012, 05:39 PM

!Booya!:thumbs::rofl::notworthy:bandwagon:devil:

R8R H8R
01-19-2012, 07:20 PM
Jeremy Bates is still looking for work.

Just saying.

I always wondered what the deal was that got him fired by Pete Caroll. One year he is his boy, the next year he is fired. And if he is still unemployed then it suggests that maybe it was an insubordination type of thing. Anybody know?

HooptyHoops
01-19-2012, 07:43 PM

Well, I'm still puzzled who will the Broncos will bring in for the OC....makes me very nervous.

BroncoBeavis
01-19-2012, 08:10 PM
Well, I'm still puzzled who will the Broncos will bring in for the OC....makes me very nervous.

Hope they take their time. It's musical chairs season and I'd hate them to lock in some scrub as other candidates come open.

eddie mac
01-20-2012, 02:22 AM
Whether fans like McCoy or not is regardless. This is a huge loss for the Broncos and it will take an excellent apppointment to avoid any further regression with Tebow next season. Anyone also thought that McCoy may well try to take some other coaches from here.

When you go from 4-12 to 9-9 and win your first playoff game in 5 years, losing one of your top coaches doesn't sit too well with me despite the average armchair Bronco junkie flinging **** at their laptop screen in heaven, because of his playcalling (1 week after the season ended) and thinking they know football because once they ****ed a cheerleader.

BroncoBeavis
01-20-2012, 05:37 AM
Whether fans like McCoy or not is regardless. This is a huge loss for the Broncos and it will take an excellent apppointment to avoid any further regression with Tebow next season. Anyone also thought that McCoy may well try to take some other coaches from here.

When you go from 4-12 to 9-9 and win your first playoff game in 5 years, losing one of your top coaches doesn't sit too well with me despite the average armchair Bronco junkie flinging **** at their laptop screen in heaven, because of his playcalling (1 week after the season ended) and thinking they know football because once they ****ed a cheerleader.

Geez Eddie. And here in another thread people are talking about whether your starting QB should be the starter next year or whether we should have someone 'compete' to take the job away. Yet I hear none of this righteous indignation flowing from your keyboard.

Maybe we should set up some bogus training camp offensive coordinator survival competition. Then you'd feel ok about it?

jhns
01-20-2012, 06:21 AM

Orton had Lloyd, Gaffney, and Marshall. Tebow got their backups. He did score more with those recievers. You are too stupid for this conversation.

jhns
01-20-2012, 06:23 AM

Just sayin'.......

There is no such thing as an offensive scoring rank. McCoy and McDaniels have been bad though.

If you take out defensive/special teams scores for every team, this team ranked 10th in scoring in 08. They also had the worst starting field position in the league because the defense and special teams were terrible. That team had more yards per drive than any other team in the league. This is why there is no offensive scoring rank. You aren't only scoring on offense and you are penalizing an offense, like the 08 one, for having a terrible defense and special teams.

Kaylore
01-20-2012, 06:23 AM

I suppose we'll see. Coach Fox seems to have a good bead on coaches who are valued around the league. Both his coordinators were interviewed for head coaching positions after just one year. I suspect he'll have some other names to restock the pantry.

Ray Finkle
01-20-2012, 06:37 AM
I suppose we'll see. Coach Fox seems to have a good bead on coaches who are valued around the league. Both his coordinators were interviewed for head coaching positions after just one year. I suspect he'll have some other names to restock the pantry.

there will be a good deal of candidates if McCoy leaves. You have retreads like Fassel, Cameron (if Balt gets rid of him), Jackson, etc.

There are many young guys as well. I think the team will be in good hands.

eddie mac
01-20-2012, 06:41 AM

Does he not like consistency like everyone else especially when your team is on the up??? 2 offseasons in a row now Tebow will have something to deal with, there's no consistency here so we'll see if he can react better to an offensive change rather than no training camp which obviously ****ed him up last year.

jhns
01-20-2012, 06:44 AM
Does he not like consistency like everyone else especially when your team is on the up??? 2 offseasons in a row now Tebow will have something to deal with, there's no consistency here so we'll see if he can react better to an offensive change rather than no training camp which obviously ****ed him up last year.

You really think they care about this after switching systems mid season?

eddie mac
01-20-2012, 07:38 AM
You really think they care about this after switching systems mid season?

Do I really think the Broncos care about losing McCoy??? I'd say yes they do.

ColoradoBuff
01-20-2012, 07:58 AM
McCoy emerges as leader for Dolphins' head-coaching spot

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82628191/article/mccoy-emerges-as-leader-for-dolphins-headcoaching-spot?module=HP11_headline_stack

jhns
01-20-2012, 08:06 AM
Do I really think the Broncos care about losing McCoy??? I'd say yes they do.

I was clearly talking about your consistency argument. They are switching schemes mid season. They clearly don't think you need the consistency you are arguing for. I'm sure they are really worried about losing a guy that has never even led an average offense yet though...

HumbleNJH
01-20-2012, 10:00 AM
McCoy will be the new HC for Miami. And good for him. Just my opinion, I have thought that since hearing about his second interview.

I really wish we could get Rick Dennison to come home and be our OC. I don't think that's possible though. Isn't there a rule about lateral moves while under contract? Anyway, Rick is who I want. I like Dennison a lot and always have. He will be a HC in this league eventually.

edog24
01-20-2012, 11:02 AM
Amazing that the HC crop is so depleted, seems to be a job nobody can retain at this point.

I would be pissed if I was a Miami fan. I wouldn't be suprised if they are begging for Sporano to come back by the middle of next season.

BroncoBeavis
01-20-2012, 11:06 AM
Amazing that the HC crop is so depleted, seems to be a job nobody can retain at this point.

I would be pissed if I was a Miami fan. I wouldn't be suprised if they are begging for Sporano to come back by the middle of next season.

Read somewhere that of the 11 coaches hired in 2009, 9 have been fired.

That's a lot of quick fail. You'd think the carousel teams (Dolphins, Raiders, etc) would re-evaluate their methodology.

NFLBRONCO
01-20-2012, 11:08 AM
Losing McCoy hurts Tebow the most nobody else.

NFLBRONCO
01-20-2012, 11:12 AM

Like I said, on Miami board if FO wants control that eliminates big name HC's right away. So your left with coal hoping it turns into a diamond one day which is unlikely.

bronco militia
01-20-2012, 11:13 AM

11 new coaches were hired in 2009. Only two are left from that crop: Schwartz and Ryan.

eddie mac
01-20-2012, 12:55 PM
I was clearly talking about your consistency argument. They are switching schemes mid season. They clearly don't think you need the consistency you are arguing for. I'm sure they are really worried about losing a guy that has never even led an average offense yet though...

That in effect didn't seem to bother Miami (about to hire him as HC) and he'll get to pick his staff, nor did it bother 2/3 other franchises from interviewing/requesting to interview him. Whilst I was not enamoured by the run, run, run, punt playcalling he was part of a coaching staff who transformed pure **** into a playoff winning team and yes I know the offense was not the main reason why we reached the playoffs but in the end it did enough to win 9 games or stay in there to win them and whilst the likes of Tebow gets the plaudits he cant read a defense to save his life.

Now many on here will and have yapped consistently about the guys playcalling yet gave Tebow/Thomas/whoever the plaudits when we came from behind and won a game. It works both ways because was Tebow/Thomas/whoever to blame when they tanked at Buffalo or couldn't get a TD against KC??? and should've blown the playoff opportunity but for the hapless Raiders, all I seem to remember was our OC getting called out by the majority.

The fact alone that he's been with Fox for 80% of his NFL coaching career also totally negates your opinion that he wont be missed in Denver or the consistency factor. Whilst Fox is still the HC he certainly will miss him and as for an average offense, well the majority of coaches can only work with the talent they have and Denver has very little/raw talent on that side of the ball with the majority of them not experienced enough to work in a real full blown NFL offense.

2KBack
01-20-2012, 12:57 PM
I would like to take a moment to mention, being a good coordinator does not mean you will be a good Head Coach. Also you don't have to be a great Coordinator to be a good Head coach. They are different jobs.

Agamemnon
01-20-2012, 01:06 PM
I would like to take a moment to mention, being a good coordinator does not mean you will be a good Head Coach. Also you don't have to be a great Coordinator to be a good Head coach. They are different jobs.

True enough. I can only imagine McCoy won't be any worse as a Head Coach. Take that as you will...

BroncoBeavis
01-20-2012, 01:13 PM
That in effect didn't seem to bother Miami (about to hire him as HC) and he'll get to pick his staff, nor did it bother 2/3 other franchises from interviewing/requesting to interview him.

This'll be Miami's 5th HC in 8 years. Oakland's easier. Count the seasons. That's basically how many coaches they've had.

If you wanted to build a flowchart of how to find a successful NFL head coach, it would be wise to put in a Y/N box for "Was this person ever hired by the Miami Dolphins or Oakland Raiders?" :)

BroncoBeavis
01-20-2012, 01:17 PM
True enough. I can only imagine McCoy won't be any worse as a Head Coach. Take that as you will...

Completely dependent on whether he keeps playcalling duties or lets the OC handle it. If McCoy's calling plays, I don't see him having much success.

schaaf
01-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Looks like McCoy is staying

BigPlayShay
01-20-2012, 03:24 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/160501739781496832

@AdamSchefter
Filed to ESPN: Miami plans to hire Joe Philbin as its head coach.

Lestat
01-20-2012, 03:30 PM
lol John Clayton just referred to McCoy as the defensive coordinator of the Dallas Cowboys . that's kinda cruel.

schaaf
01-20-2012, 03:31 PM
So Mike McCoy is the Defensive Coordinator for the Dallas Cowboys huh??? haha

Hamrob
01-20-2012, 03:33 PM
Well, I'm glad that he has a relationship with Tebow already established. However, I was never convinced that he truly believed in Tebow's ability to play QB. Should be interesting.

Will they give him the title of Asst. Coach offense, make Gase the O-Coordinator and hire the coach from CU to be the QB coach??? That's my guess.

TheReverend
01-20-2012, 03:35 PM

@AdamSchefter

Owned.

Now start getting aggressive as a play-caller and you might earn a job you ****.

Hamrob
01-20-2012, 03:38 PM
They said that he didn't want to keep Bowles as the DC....which was the reason...they went with Philben.

schaaf
01-20-2012, 03:38 PM
Well, I'm glad that he has a relationship with Tebow already established. However, I was never convinced that he truly believed in Tebow's ability to play QB. Should be interesting.

Will they give him the title of Asst. Coach offense, make Gase the O-Coordinator and hire the coach from CU to be the QB coach??? That's my guess.

I think McCoy probably believes in Tim more than anyone on the Broncos, have you watched the games? The first person Tim finds to give a hug to after we win is Mike McCoy and they hug each other for several seconds, he doesn't give anyone the time that he gives McCoy.

BroncoBeavis
01-20-2012, 03:39 PM

@AdamSchefter

When it took so long today, I really started to wonder.

Hamrob
01-20-2012, 03:41 PM
I think McCoy probably believes in Tim more than anyone on the Broncos, have you watched the games? The first person Tim finds to give a hug to after we win is Mike McCoy and they hug each other for several seconds, he doesn't give anyone the time that he gives McCoy.Just because you like the kid...and your kids love him....doesn't mean you have enough faith in his ability...to call more aggessive plays.

BroncoBeavis
01-20-2012, 03:46 PM
Just because you like the kid...and your kids love him....doesn't mean you have enough faith in his ability...to call more aggessive plays.

Also doesn't mean you have any idea what you're doing when calling plays.

Ratboy
01-20-2012, 03:47 PM
Owner got what he wanted. I am actually surprised by this move.

Better for us.

TheReverend
01-20-2012, 03:50 PM
They said that he didn't want to keep Bowles as the DC....which was the reason...they went with Philben.

Who said that? USAToday, SI.com, Washington Post etc and I haven't seen that mentioned once.

KO5K
01-20-2012, 03:51 PM
That's got to sting a bit, couple of interviews lasting 8 hours, the media has you pinned as the front runner.

And just like that, you're back to your old job.

BroncosSR
01-20-2012, 03:56 PM
Worst.

News.

Ever.

Hamrob
01-20-2012, 04:04 PM
Who said that? USAToday, SI.com, Washington Post etc and I haven't seen that mentioned once.I heard it on the NFLN...the host Fran Charles said it.

It will be in the Denver Post shortly...or tomorrrow.....I bet.

TheReverend
01-20-2012, 04:09 PM
I heard it on the NFLN...the host Fran Charles said it.

It will be in the Denver Post shortly...or tomorrrow.....I bet.

Fair enough, thanks for sharing it.

Hamrob
01-20-2012, 04:14 PM
Fair enough, thanks for sharing it.They just mentioned it again...it's Jason La Canfora that keeps saying that McCoy wanted somebody other than Bowles to be DC and that was a big reason they chose Philben.

HumbleNJH
01-20-2012, 04:19 PM
McCoy will be the new HC for Miami. And good for him. Just my opinion, I have thought that since hearing about his second interview.

I really wish we could get Rick Dennison to come home and be our OC. I don't think that's possible though. Isn't there a rule about lateral moves while under contract? Anyway, Rick is who I want. I like Dennison a lot and always have. He will be a HC in this league eventually.

Well, I was wrong.

broncolife
01-20-2012, 04:30 PM

@AdamSchefter

:garcia:

Lestat
01-20-2012, 04:33 PM
see this has the potential to blow up in Miami's face. you sacrifice Fisher to keep your GM. which is fine because coaches should coach and GM's should handle personnel.
then you want to dictate that the new coach keep the current DC? i get that the defense was ok and all, but do you realize what you record was last season?

eddie mac
01-20-2012, 04:33 PM
This'll be Miami's 5th HC in 8 years. Oakland's easier. Count the seasons. That's basically how many coaches they've had.

If you wanted to build a flowchart of how to find a successful NFL head coach, it would be wise to put in a Y/N box for "Was this person ever hired by the Miami Dolphins or Oakland Raiders?" :)

I can certainly see what you're getting at but unlike most I'm overjoyed he didn't get the job. Baring anyone else coming in for him I want to see him have a full offseason with Tebow and see if he can stretch that offense a lot more with him in it and hopefully with Elway getting involved we can see a bit more Pittsburgh game planning and less KC at home. At the end of the day though it really all comes down to Fox and the direction he wants to go in with Tebow or not.

BroncoBeavis
01-20-2012, 05:24 PM
I can certainly see what you're getting at but unlike most I'm overjoyed he didn't get the job. Baring anyone else coming in for him I want to see him have a full offseason with Tebow and see if he can stretch that offense a lot more with him in it and hopefully with Elway getting involved we can see a bit more Pittsburgh game planning and less KC at home. At the end of the day though it really all comes down to Fox and the direction he wants to go in with Tebow or not.

Here's to hoping:thumbsup:

If he stays here, I hope he turns the corner with Tebow. He absolutely HAS to be less predictable going forward though.

BroncoBeavis
01-20-2012, 05:28 PM
see this has the potential to blow up in Miami's face. you sacrifice Fisher to keep your GM. which is fine because coaches should coach and GM's should handle personnel.
then you want to dictate that the new coach keep the current DC? i get that the defense was ok and all, but do you realize what you record was last season?

I can see the other side of that though. If they were torn over McCoy or Philbin, the prospect of a guy like McCoy (who has zero defensive experience) wanting to shake up the one part of the Dolphins that works might've just tipped the scale. I'm honestly not sure why it was even close.

Philbin's resume and experience dwarfs McCoy's. They must've liked McCoy a lot if the decision was even close.

bronco militia
01-20-2012, 05:53 PM

@AdamSchefter

That ****ing blows

broncosteven
01-20-2012, 06:07 PM

It will be interesting to see what they can do with Tebow over a full offseason workouts and adding a few pieces here and there. He has proven he can do it in big games he just needs to become more consistent and learn to read NFL D's better/quicker.

Lestat
01-20-2012, 06:20 PM
i can see that side as well, but the head coach should get to choose his staff, period.
me personally i'm not gonna keep a guy who wants the job i just got and has been with the organization before me unless i believe he's the best candidate for the job.
more importantly there is likely to be a personality clash.
I can see the other side of that though. If they were torn over McCoy or Philbin, the prospect of a guy like McCoy (who has zero defensive experience) wanting to shake up the one part of the Dolphins that works might've just tipped the scale. I'm honestly not sure why it was even close.

Philbin's resume and experience dwarfs McCoy's. They must've liked McCoy a lot if the decision was even close.

Chris
01-20-2012, 06:51 PM
If anything Mccoy will be doubly determined now to make something out of Tebow.

Tombstone RJ
01-20-2012, 07:22 PM
If anything Mccoy will be doubly determined now to make something out of Tebow.

doubly determined... yes, yes that's the ticket...!Booya!

Tombstone RJ
01-20-2012, 07:25 PM
How come every time I think of McCoy coaching up Tebow this song comes to mind?:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UUsPMxVRgxY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chains...

Play2win
01-20-2012, 08:50 PM
More T-Ball. Great.

Think of it as Marty-Ball, just with the M-A-R being silent. Or implied.

marT-BALL

Play2win
01-20-2012, 09:02 PM
It will be interesting to see what they can do with Tebow over a full offseason workouts and adding a few pieces here and there. He has proven he can do it in big games he just needs to become more consistent and learn to read NFL D's better/quicker.

I'm not holding my breath.