PDA

View Full Version : Dre Kirkpatrick will fall to Denver!!...

RunSilentRunDeep
01-17-2012, 02:07 PM
... and beyond. I don't consider weed any worse than booze, but what a fool to blow millions.

http://fantasysports.usatoday.com/content/player.asp?sport=NFL&id=7463

Flex Gunmetal
01-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Under 20 grams? notasingle***kwasgiven.png

Rohirrim
01-17-2012, 02:09 PM
Guess we don't have to check out his Wonderlic. ;D

ColoradoBuff
01-17-2012, 02:10 PM
i doubt he falls that far...but if for some reason he falls to Denver, I would run the Kirkpatrick pick to the podium!

bowtown
01-17-2012, 02:11 PM
As of this morning, Champ is making a hard push for Dre. He really thinks Dre "is going to deliver."

Rother8
01-17-2012, 02:20 PM
Overreaction, he's gone by 15

Garcia Bronco
01-17-2012, 02:22 PM
We don't really need a corner. Sure take one or two in the later rounds.

We really need DT, DE, TE, WR, and MLB specifically.

Peoples Champ
01-17-2012, 02:22 PM
didnt this happen with marcus thomas? He was projected a 1st round pick but then had weed problems senior year and we got him in the 4th?

gyldenlove
01-17-2012, 02:26 PM
He either has an addiction, is involved with someone who deals drugs or is so incredibly stupid he should have a legal guardian appointed to make decisions for him.

If he has an addiction he will sooner or later be spending time on 4 weeks and subsequently 1 seasons worth of unpaid vacation. If he has dealings with someone who deals drugs he may stay out of trouble while he is in the NFL, but more than likely he will end up being arrested multiple times. If he is so stupid he needs a legal guardian, I wouldn't mind drafting him.

What he does in college doesn't go anywhere, especially in Alabama they love their football stars so he would get a pass on damn near anything he did. Right now he is looking at million dollar endorsement deals and a fully guaranteed million dollar contract in the NFL if he can keep his nose clean until the spring and he goes and pulls this a week after the season ended?

Garcia Bronco
01-17-2012, 02:26 PM
didnt this happen with marcus thomas? He was projected a 1st round pick but then had weed problems senior year and we got him in the 4th?

It was more that he got kicked off the team

gyldenlove
01-17-2012, 02:27 PM

He was kicked off the team allegedly for smoking weed.

cutthemdown
01-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Will that big fast WR from Notre Dame fall? hes had problems, recent dui etc etc. Man he really is like Calvin Johnson, man among boys when he sets his mind to it. Sorry I forgot his name.

HILife
01-17-2012, 02:31 PM

He was kicked off the team. Didn't play his senior year for something more then just weed.

Dedhed
01-17-2012, 02:31 PM
We don't really need a corner.

Um...You cannot be serious.

bronco militia
01-17-2012, 02:34 PM
We really need a corner. Sure take one or two in the later rounds.

We really need CB, DT, DE, TE, WR, and MLB specifically.

fixed it for you

HILife
01-17-2012, 02:34 PM
He either has an addiction, is involved with someone who deals drugs or is so incredibly stupid he should have a legal guardian appointed to make decisions for him.

If he has an addiction he will sooner or later be spending time on 4 weeks and subsequently 1 seasons worth of unpaid vacation. If he has dealings with someone who deals drugs he may stay out of trouble while he is in the NFL, but more than likely he will end up being arrested multiple times. If he is so stupid he needs a legal guardian, I wouldn't mind drafting him.

What he does in college doesn't go anywhere, especially in Alabama they love their football stars so he would get a pass on damn near anything he did. Right now he is looking at million dollar endorsement deals and a fully guaranteed million dollar contract in the NFL if he can keep his nose clean until the spring and he goes and pulls this a week after the season ended?

Weed and addiction don't go together. Never heard of anyone becoming an addict off of the "Sticky Icky." There are no addictive chemicals "Mary Jane."

Bronco Yoda
01-17-2012, 02:36 PM
oh no's the weeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

HILife
01-17-2012, 02:36 PM
Don't know why no one has ever posted this in one of the Weed threads.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AhreCLlcq3Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bowtown
01-17-2012, 02:38 PM
Weed and addiction don't go together. Never heard of anyone becoming an addict off of the "Sticky Icky." There are no addictive chemicals "Mary Jane."

Physical and mental addiction are two totally different things. Both can be just as big of a problem though. I absolutely know people who are/were addicted to weed. Obviously that's a huge exception to the rule, and this is most likely just a case of a dumb kid being dumb, but yes, you absolutely can have a dependency on the ganj.

Garcia Bronco
01-17-2012, 02:40 PM
fixed it for you

We do not actually need a corner. I don't know why you people come up with that crap. We need to get pressure with the front four, which we can't do. We ain't gonna do that with a 180 pound corner. Plus all our DT talent is a free agent this year.

DenverBroncosJM
01-17-2012, 02:41 PM
Physical and mental addiction are two totally different things. Both can be just as big of a problem though. I absolutely know people who are/were addicted to weed. Obviously that's a huge exception to the rule, and this is most likely just a case of a dumb kid being dumb, but yes, you absolutely can have a dependency on the ganj.

Some argue Mental addiction is harder to overcome too.

Dedhed
01-17-2012, 02:42 PM

There's a vast difference between the words "addiction" and "like".

Dedhed
We do not actually need a corner.

You cannot actually believe that.

Turd_Ferguson

The guy was caught with a joint... Must be an addict.......OOOOOOOOR Maybe he likes to smoke weed once in a while when he is in the off season. You know marijuana, a drug that is not physically addictive. If this guy comes to the Broncos, I'll let him grow weed in my grandmas basement if need be.

bronco militia
We do not actually need a corner. I don't know why you people come up with that crap. We need to get pressure with the front four, which we can't do. We ain't gonna do that with a 180 pound corner. Plus all our DT talent is a free agent this year.

IMO, they need a corner just as much as they need a MLB, DT, RB and TE.

BPA again this year.

DenverBroncosJM
01-17-2012, 02:43 PM

We can find a very good DT/MLB in round two and three. We are not going to fix everything with another draft but getting a very good corner helps. There are actually a lot of good MLB FA this year too.

Flex Gunmetal
01-17-2012, 02:44 PM

lol

It's pot man. he just got caught.

gyldenlove
01-17-2012, 02:47 PM

THC can definitely lead to addiction - it is not uncommon for heavy users to use THC habbitually to prevent psychosomatic withdrawal symptoms. It is not addictive in the same manner as Alcohol or opioids which can cause severe physiological changes that lead to withdrawal symptoms, but it is certainly habbit forming and once it becomes a habbitual addiction it can lead to withdrawal symptoms.

Especially if Mr Kirkpatrick is using it for its analgesic or psycho-kinetic effects to reduce pain or psychotic symptoms.

yerner
01-17-2012, 02:49 PM

good lord.

Garcia Bronco
01-17-2012, 02:49 PM
We can find a very good DT/MLB in round two and three. We are not going to fix everything with another draft but getting a very good corner helps. There are actually a lot of good MLB FA this year too.

If a team can get pressue wth the front 4 then the need for a corner is diminished. Certainly we can get through with what we have until the following year. Plus, it takes 3 years at least for 90 percent of the corners to learn the position at an NFL level.

Chris
01-17-2012, 02:52 PM

Goodie? Is that you?

Chris
01-17-2012, 02:53 PM
If a team can get pressue wth the front 4 then the need for a corner is diminished. Certainly we can get through with what we have until the following year. Plus, it takes 3 years at least for 90 percent of the corners to learn the position at an NFL level.

This I agree with. Look at the Giants. I think it depends on who's available.

HILife
01-17-2012, 02:54 PM
**** got real every since they turned down Proposition 19.

Garcia Bronco
01-17-2012, 02:54 PM

It is the least of our worries.

Shotgun Willie
01-17-2012, 02:55 PM
Plus, it takes 3 years at least for 90 percent of the corners to learn the position at an NFL level.

If that's true, and I don't think it is, than it must take 90% of DTs 4 or 5 years.

BoiseBluTurf
01-17-2012, 02:55 PM
Much bigger kid than I thought watching him play on T.V... he needs to put on some lbs but at 6'3" he would be worth the pick... Didn't teams have concerns about Sapp and Moss have in the area of Mary Jane? How did they work out? DO IT!

That is all,

Michael

cutthemdown
01-17-2012, 02:57 PM
If that's true, and I don't think it is, than it must take 90% of DTs 4 or 5 years.

It seems to me rookies are playing faster and faster then ever before. If they aren't a good player by yr 3 then it probably won't happen.

cutthemdown
01-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Much bigger kid than I thought watching him play on T.V... he needs to put on some lbs but at 6'3" he would be worth the pick... Didn't teams have concerns about Sapp and Moss have in the area of Mary Jane? How did they work out? DO IT!

That is all,

Michael

Really pot probably doesn't hurt performance. It's more about gauging them to see if they can give it up enough to not get caught once in the pros. So I don't think character, as far as weed goes, is what they really worry about.

I think violence, being a bad teammate, or getting in trouble for anything multiple times is the big red flag. So one bust for weed probably not a big deal. But if it happened again and again, like the players cant change, big time warning flags.

But Denver showed taking DT over Bryant they like character....even though that was MCD, but Xandars was around.

Pick Six
01-17-2012, 03:01 PM
oh no's the weeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

You didn't do it right. It's But...But...But...the WEEEEEEEEEEED (ala Ed Reed)...

BroncoBeavis
01-17-2012, 03:04 PM

Probably an overstatement. But I'd definitely beef up the line or MLB before worrying about corners.

BoiseBluTurf
01-17-2012, 03:05 PM
Really pot probably doesn't hurt performance. It's more about gauging them to see if they can give it up enough to not get caught once in the pros. So I don't think character, as far as weed goes, is what they really worry about.

I think violence, being a bad teammate, or getting in trouble for anything multiple times is the big red flag. So one bust for weed probably not a big deal. But if it happened again and again, like the players cant change, big time warning flags.

But Denver showed taking DT over Bryant they like character....even though that was MCD, but Xandars was around.

I agree... and this is all stuff they will find out during process talking to coaches and the player one on one. I'd love to have corner of the future across from Champ learning from one of the best ever.

HILife
01-17-2012, 03:06 PM
You didn't do it right. It's But...But...But...the WEEEEEEEEEEED (ala Ed Reed)...

But..but..but..ED WEEEEEEEEEEEED

MagicHef
01-17-2012, 03:06 PM
Justin Houston was considered a late first-rounder until he tested positive. The Chiefs ended up picking him in the third.

Cleo McDowell
01-17-2012, 03:13 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x0YtPi2QZSY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mogulseeker
01-17-2012, 03:14 PM

There are psychological addictions to anything.

teknic
01-17-2012, 03:37 PM
THC can definitely lead to addiction - it is not uncommon for heavy users to use THC habbitually to prevent psychosomatic withdrawal symptoms. It is not addictive in the same manner as Alcohol or opioids which can cause severe physiological changes that lead to withdrawal symptoms, but it is certainly habbit forming and once it becomes a habbitual addiction it can lead to withdrawal symptoms.

Especially if Mr Kirkpatrick is using it for its analgesic or psycho-kinetic effects to reduce pain or psychotic symptoms.

Completely false. There is no withdrawl from THC, CBD or CBN (or any other known cannabinoid). Cannabis is not physically addictive in any way.

Caffeine causes a physical dependence, and can cause quite significant withdrawl. As can nicotine and alcohol. Cannabis cannot.

Anything can be habit forming, and can become a "mental addiction". You can be addicted to cannabis in the same way that it could be argued that Tebow is addicted to working out.

If Kirkpatrick is there when Denver is picking, I would be ecstatic.

TheReverend
01-17-2012, 03:39 PM
I'd have a massive erection all April/May

Archer81
01-17-2012, 03:47 PM

How is that different from June to March?

:Broncos:

TheReverend
01-17-2012, 03:58 PM
How is that different from June to March?

:Broncos:

I can wear this one proudly in public.

Powderaddict
01-17-2012, 04:00 PM
I agree it was stupid, but in the grand scheme of things, weed really isn't all that big of a deal.

As far as addiction goes, when was the last time you heard of a "Weed-whore" LOL

Or of someone going on a marijuana-induced rampage?

The worst part is that he's probably eating unhealthy salthy snack treats. That might not be the best thing for a highly tuned athlete to do to his body.

Rolandftw
01-17-2012, 04:01 PM
if he fell Denver would have to think hard about taking him. Janoris Jenkins of Alabama State will also drop farther then he should have because of character concerns. Jenkins maybe even more so, as he had been busted with weed twice and was kicked off Florida's team.

Kirkpatrick obviously has the more ideal height for the position.

SportinOne
01-17-2012, 04:02 PM
First of all:

DT>MLB>S>TE>RB>CB

Second: he had some pot, big deal.

teknic
01-17-2012, 04:08 PM
First of all:

DT>MLB>S>TE>RB>CB

Second: he had some pot, big deal.

Considering that both Champ and Goodman are over 30, CB is a pretty big need.

Ranking Denver's needs, I'd put:
1. MLB
2. CB
3. DT
4. RB
5. WR (Safety if Dawkins retires.)

TheReverend
01-17-2012, 04:12 PM
I agree it was stupid, but in the grand scheme of things, weed really isn't all that big of a deal.

As far as addiction goes, when was the last time you heard of a "Weed-whore" LOL

Or of someone going on a marijuana-induced rampage?

The worst part is that he's probably eating unhealthy salthy snack treats. That might not be the best thing for a highly tuned athlete to do to his body.

NSFW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWQM6sOsd5k

Bronco Yoda
01-17-2012, 04:15 PM
The real question is how FAST can he run to the store for munchies!

chickennob2
01-17-2012, 04:15 PM
Cornerback is absolutely a huge need. Chris Harris is a nickelback. Goodman is average at best. Champ is aging quickly.

Plus, look at what the team did this year. They brought in a safety in the 2nd and 4th round, knowing that Brian Dawkins' career was coming to an end. Getting young safeties in this season was huge, because they had a chance to learn the game from one of the best to ever play the position. I think you'l see the same thing this year at corner. After years of failing to develop corners (Deltha O'Neal, Willie Middlebrooks, Lenny Walls, etc......), the Broncos have had a few talents develop pretty well with Champ in the locker room to help teach them. Darrent Williams, Perrish Cox, Cassius Vaughn, Sydquan Thompson, and Chris Harris have all had periods of solid play, and many vastly outperformed their draft status. But Champ isn't getting any younger. It is imperative that we bring an elite talent in at the CB position immediately so that they can be tutored by an all-time great before he hungs up his cleats.

OBF1
01-17-2012, 04:59 PM

Yeah right... Tell that to the 60-70 year old hippies that are still smoking a bag a week.

cmhargrove
01-17-2012, 05:28 PM
Cornerback is absolutely a huge need. Chris Harris is a nickelback. Goodman is average at best. Champ is aging quickly.

Plus, look at what the team did this year. They brought in a safety in the 2nd and 4th round, knowing that Brian Dawkins' career was coming to an end. Getting young safeties in this season was huge, because they had a chance to learn the game from one of the best to ever play the position. I think you'l see the same thing this year at corner. After years of failing to develop corners (Deltha O'Neal, Willie Middlebrooks, Lenny Walls, etc......), the Broncos have had a few talents develop pretty well with Champ in the locker room to help teach them. Darrent Williams, Perrish Cox, Cassius Vaughn, Sydquan Thompson, and Chris Harris have all had periods of solid play, and many vastly outperformed their draft status. But Champ isn't getting any younger. It is imperative that we bring an elite talent in at the CB position immediately so that they can be tutored by an all-time great before he hungs up his cleats.

If a true first round quality CB is there at #25, you take him. Ask yourself this - if either Champ or Goodman got hurt, how does our depth look? Or, could a new CB possibly cover the speed receivers outside, while Champ covered the slot against prime slot WR's and TE's?

I think there are so many holes on this team, I will be happy with almost anyone we draft. I mean, I would be totally pumped if we took a true Right Tackle, and moved Franklin to Left Guard. So many holes, I just want smart picks, and i'm really happy we won't be mortgaging the next decade on Luck.

Powderaddict
01-17-2012, 05:49 PM
NSFW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWQM6sOsd5k

LOL was that Bob Saget?

Broncobiv
01-17-2012, 05:54 PM

Looking back on your obsession with Peterson last year, and now this...you really love CB's don't you?! ;)

HILife
01-17-2012, 05:59 PM
Yeah right... Tell that to the 60-70 year old hippies that are still smoking a bag a week.

They like weed.

McDman
01-17-2012, 06:06 PM

You're insane, man. CB is one of the hardest positions to develop and both of ours are in their 30s. Plus, Goodman sucks and Harris is a nickel corner.

Tombstone RJ
01-17-2012, 06:19 PM

Or, he could be drafted by the Broncos, move to Colorado and buy weed legally... just saying...

bowtown
01-17-2012, 06:30 PM
If a true first round quality CB is there at #25, you take him. Ask yourself this - if either Champ or Goodman got hurt, how does our depth look? Or, could a new CB possibly cover the speed receivers outside, while Champ covered the slot against prime slot WR's and TE's?

I think there are so many holes on this team, I will be happy with almost anyone we draft. I mean, I would be totally pumped if we took a true Right Tackle, and moved Franklin to Left Guard. So many holes, I just want smart picks, and i'm really happy we won't be mortgaging the next decade on Luck.

I like how people have been saying that Champ is aging quickly for the past 5 years.

bowtown
01-17-2012, 06:32 PM
I like how people have been saying that Champ is aging quickly for the past 5 years.

tsiguy96
01-17-2012, 06:39 PM
definitely need a corner, but not as much as a safety and MLB.

TheReverend
01-17-2012, 06:42 PM
definitely need a corner, but not as much as a safety and MLB.

Drugs are bad.

tsiguy96
01-17-2012, 06:44 PM
Drugs are bad.

last week this team was down to its 4th and 5th (6th?) safeties on the team. joe mays....good effort but the guy bounces off RBs like....a super bouncy ball?

TheReverend
01-17-2012, 06:51 PM
last week this team was down to its 4th and 5th (6th?) safeties on the team. joe mays....good effort but the guy bounces off RBs like....a super bouncy ball?

Do you have any stats supporting your joe mays claim? And would our new MLB play nickle downs?

And we got down to our second string safeties. 5th and 6th is an absurd claim. And that was due to injury to both starters.

Meanwhile, here's reality:

Almost every single opponent's successful drive was directed straight at #21

barryr
01-17-2012, 06:52 PM
The Broncos drafted 2 of the higher rated safeties last year and people want them to draft safeties high in the draft again? The CB spot is horrid and more a problem right now in terms of young talent. Kirkpatrick would be hard to pass up if he fell, though him falling that would send many red flags, but I think they would have to take him since he is a top 10 talent.

barryr
01-17-2012, 06:54 PM
Do you have any stats supporting your joe mays claim? And would our new MLB play nickle downs?

And we got down to our second string safeties. 5th and 6th is an absurd claim. And that was due to injury to both starters.

Amazing how some question Tebow, yet there are some that actually think Goodman played well enough to stay around. He will be 34 years old, lacks great speed, and not a great tackler. But keep him anyway? Yikes.

chadta
01-17-2012, 06:56 PM
The liberal party of canada wants to legalize weed, maybe hes coming to the cfl and to run for prime minister

tsiguy96
01-17-2012, 06:57 PM

stats? i watched him play, and not only saw him bounce off various runners the last 4-5 games of the year, he cant cover anyone (one on one with gronkowski, really?). hes not terrible, but a 3 down LB? not even close.

on a team with a lot of weak links you get 2 real chances in the draft to fix them with guys who can realistically impact right away unless you strike chris harris gold. you really think goodman is one of the weakest links that we need to replace via the draft?

regardless of all this, i hope for a CB upgrade and most importantly BPA at position of need in the draft. i think safety is a bigger need comparatively.

TheReverend
01-17-2012, 07:02 PM
stats? i watched him play, and not only saw him bounce off various runners the last 4-5 games of the year, he cant cover anyone (one on one with gronkowski, really?). hes not terrible, but a 3 down LB? not even close.

Good thing we don't use him as a 3 down LB you doofus. Good to know you had nothing to bring to the table other than "anecdotal evidence".

on a team with a lot of weak links you get 2 real chances in the draft to fix them with guys who can realistically impact right away unless you strike chris harris gold. you really think goodman is one of the weakest links that we need to replace via the draft?

THE weakest. Hands down. This isn't even debatable.

regardless of all this, i hope for a CB upgrade and most importantly BPA at position of need in the draft. i think safety is a bigger need comparatively.

::)

tsiguy96
01-17-2012, 07:04 PM
Good thing we don't use him as a 3 down LB you doofus. Good to know you had nothing to bring to the table other than "anecdotal evidence".

THE weakest. Hands down. This isn't even debatable.

took you 3 posts to start the namecalling and condescending remarks. you are off youre game.

TheReverend
01-17-2012, 07:11 PM
took you 3 posts to start the namecalling and condescending remarks. you are off youre game.

That's not name calling.

Calling you a worthless **** stick that can't support any of his worthless opinions without spinelessly towing the FO's company line WOULD BE name-calling.

...but accurate. Nice attempt to derail thread to deflect from your idiocy and piss poor takes and unsupported claims, but I'm not going to allow it.

Here's how you support your claim that X is the biggest need on the team:

The Patriots didn’t even bother to throw at Bailey outside of one crossing pattern, and that’s because they were able to get so much joy out of the rest of the Denver defense in coverage. Andre’ Goodman (-3.0) was thrown at nine times and allowed seven catches to five different receivers. Only Julian Edelman failed to catch every pass that was thrown at him with Goodman in coverage as the Broncos starter coughed up 122 yards and three touchdowns. Chris Harris Jr. (-1.2) was left the unenviable task of matching up with Wes Welker and occasionally Rob Gronkowski. While Harris’ coverage was usually pretty tight, he was just never able to prevent either player making the catch and picking up yardage. Harris was targeted eight times and allowed six receptions for 54 yards and two touchdowns. The undrafted rookie has had a strong season in the slot for Denver but he was put in a very tough spot in this game, asked to cover two of the game’s bigger mis-matches one-on-one for much of the game, and ended up playing 90.9% of the Broncos defensive snaps as Denver tried to matchup with the Patriots’ weapons on offense. Unfortunately for Harris, he was simply in over his head this time and couldn’t prevent his man making plays.http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/01/15/re-focused-broncos-patriots-divisional-round/

Not the biggest fan of PFF's work, but they're spot on there. Completely bereft of talent in one of the most important spots to have a glutton.

tsiguy96
01-17-2012, 07:15 PM
That's not name calling.

Calling you a worthless **** stick that can't support any of his worthless opinions without spinelessly towing the FO's company line WOULD BE name-calling.

...but accurate. Nice attempt to derail thread to deflect from your idiocy and piss poor takes and unsupported claims, but I'm not going to allow it.

Here's how you support your claim that X is the biggest need on the team:

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/01/15/re-focused-broncos-patriots-divisional-round/

Not the biggest fan of PFF's work, but they're spot on there. Completely bereft of talent in one of the most important spots to have a glutton.

you ROUTINELY bash PFF and anyone who uses it, yet you are allowed to when it supports your point? and again, you cant even carry on a simple football conversation without resorting to namecalling and insults. "worthless **** stick" thats cute.

Garcia Bronco
01-17-2012, 07:15 PM
You build a defense from the middle and out. We have no middle under contract come Feb. So getting Thomas and Bunkley back is key. We need to start building this area in the draft. Now given where we draft, unless we move up, its going to be BPA. That could mean a corner.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-17-2012, 07:21 PM
... and beyond. I don't consider weed any worse than booze, but what a fool to blow millions.

http://fantasysports.usatoday.com/content/player.asp?sport=NFL&id=7463

well medical marijuana is legal in the state of Colorado
so we could draft him and get him a card for his rheumatism .
don't argue with me he has it .
his doctor Mary Jane MD said he has it.
hmm i think im catching it also better go to my doctor also
Doctor weed MDHilarious!

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-17-2012, 07:25 PM
Drugs are bad.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5G4HxrVx20A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TheReverend
01-17-2012, 07:28 PM
you ROUTINELY bash PFF and anyone who uses it, yet you are allowed to when it supports your point? and again, you cant even carry on a simple football conversation without resorting to namecalling and insults. "worthless **** stick" thats cute.

I bash their determinations and judgment calls which are every bit as absurd as FootballOutsiders and KC Joyner who I've bashed over time much more than I have PFF. What I don't bash is any source's factual information.

Targets:Completions absolutely falls in this category.

It's not a big deal man. If you'd watched football before 2008 you'd probably understand all this better. You'll get better in time.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-17-2012, 07:30 PM

and that's why you don't swallow a whole bottle or two or 3 or more bottles of of Viagra all at once

tsiguy96
01-17-2012, 07:32 PM
I bash their determinations and judgment calls which are every bit as absurd as FootballOutsiders and KC Joyner who I've bashed over time much more than I have PFF. What I don't bash is any source's factual information.

Targets:Completions absolutely falls in this category.

It's not a big deal man. If you'd watched football before 2008 you'd probably understand all this better. You'll get better in time.

join date, no? alright, good night to you too :)

ZONA
01-17-2012, 09:02 PM
Bleacher Report has us taking this dude. Says he's the best DT in the draft and we'll get him at #25. I wouldn't mind that.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/242/387/108830307_crop_650x440.jpg?1307476571

TheReverend
01-17-2012, 09:07 PM
Bleacher Report has us taking this dude. Says he's the best DT in the draft and we'll get him at #25. I wouldn't mind that.

He is.

Drek
01-18-2012, 03:01 AM

This is good use of PFF and other attempts at NFL stat systems. The -3.0 score they attached to Goodman is arbitrary. So is the -1.2 attached to Harris. But the observation that Goodman defended six different players over the course of the game and the only one he did so with any success at all was Julian Edelman, their 5th or 6th best option.

Goodman actually had less success against Deon Branch, the ghost of Chad Johnson, Aaron Hernandez, etc. than Chris Harris had against almost exclusively Welker and Gronkowski. That is absurd for our #2 CB. We would have been better off if we replaced Goodman with an extra deep safety to just tackle receivers on his side once they've caught the ball.

CB and DT are neck and neck for the biggest needs on this team. None of our DTs are consistent or well rounded enough to be an every down starter. We've got two CBs worth a damn in a league where if you don't have three at a minimum you're going to get destroyed by elite offenses. In neither case is there an in house option worth speaking of, unlike our other positions of need.

At MLB you have Irving to put your hopes on.

At S you have Moore and Bruton, maybe even one more year out of Dawkins.

On the OL you can hope for a big step forward when given a full off-season with Magazu.

At RB you can hope for a healthy Moreno maybe living up to his potential, Johnson breaking out, or Fannin being a steal UDFA from last year.

For WR we have two young talents in Thomas and Decker, with a bunch of solid UDFA options to try out in what should really be a two WR base offense anyhow.

We drafted two young, athletic "project" TEs who both had their moments in the sun this season despite shortened camp and no OTAs/mini-camps.

Everywhere but DT and CB we have young options who have some potential to step up and fill our weaknesses. That doesn't mean we stand pat at those positions, but if the primary focus of this org. going into this off-season isn't to get better at CB and DT quickly and for the long term then we aren't doing it right.

ol#7
01-18-2012, 05:55 AM
This is good use of PFF and other attempts at NFL stat systems. The -3.0 score they attached to Goodman is arbitrary. So is the -1.2 attached to Harris. But the observation that Goodman defended six different players over the course of the game and the only one he did so with any success at all was Julian Edelman, their 5th or 6th best option.

Goodman actually had less success against Deon Branch, the ghost of Chad Johnson, Aaron Hernandez, etc. than Chris Harris had against almost exclusively Welker and Gronkowski. That is absurd for our #2 CB. We would have been better off if we replaced Goodman with an extra deep safety to just tackle receivers on his side once they've caught the ball.

CB and DT are neck and neck for the biggest needs on this team. None of our DTs are consistent or well rounded enough to be an every down starter. We've got two CBs worth a damn in a league where if you don't have three at a minimum you're going to get destroyed by elite offenses. In neither case is there an in house option worth speaking of, unlike our other positions of need.

On the OL you can hope for a big step forward when given a full off-season with Magazu.

At RB you can hope for a healthy Moreno maybe living up to his potential, Johnson breaking out, or Fannin being a steal UDFA from last year.

For WR we have two young talents in Thomas and Decker, with a bunch of solid UDFA options to try out in what should really be a two WR base offense anyhow.

We drafted two young, athletic "project" TEs who both had their moments in the sun this season despite shortened camp and no OTAs/mini-camps.

Everywhere but DT and CB we have young options who have some potential to step up and fill our weaknesses. That doesn't mean we stand pat at those positions, but if the primary focus of this org. going into this off-season isn't to get better at CB and DT quickly and for the long term then we aren't doing it right.

Drek nailed it. We really dont have any depth anywhere, but CB and DT are absolutely bare in regards to talent outside of Champ/Bunkley. I think Goodman is the weakest link on the team though, I would rather line up our so so DT's again than have to go back to the dry Goodman well.

If we are going to really take the next step then one or two of those project guys also need to step up, but that is the case with all franchises. Personally I hope we address some of our needs in FA, then go BPA.

Ray Finkle
01-18-2012, 06:06 AM
I'd still rather sign Finnegan or Carr and draft DS depth in the mid rounds...

ol#7
01-18-2012, 06:26 AM
I'd still rather sign Finnegan or Carr and draft DS depth in the mid rounds...

I am fine with either approach...as long as it gets addressed. Denver wont win anything lining up Goodman as a starter or asking Mays to cover somebody. Too many holes to address for just the draft alone.

Ray Finkle
01-18-2012, 06:30 AM
I am fine with either approach...as long as it gets addressed. Denver wont win anything lining up Goodman as a starter or asking Mays to cover somebody. Too many holes to address for just the draft alone.

I'd rather have Carr when all is said and done and focus the draft on DL, LB, RB, WR, TE.

BlueCrusher
01-18-2012, 06:48 AM

True. A friend of mine can attest to that... :peace:

kappys
01-18-2012, 06:56 AM

While I endorse the spirit of this post you are putting a lot of faith in upgrades at many key positions by improvement in young players. Arguably one could say the same for CB with Chris Harris being a potential #2(I realize he has some speed limitations), return of Squid at #3, Rahim Moore at SS(who has shown nothing, I assume BD is gone).

Based on that logic only DT is a true need since we have no one that we can reasonably argue is likely to improve. Ty Warren is a huge ? mark at best.

Shotgun Willie
01-18-2012, 07:20 AM

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/242/387/108830307_crop_650x440.jpg?1307476571

Serious question: when's the last time the best DT in any draft fell to #25?

Ray Finkle
01-18-2012, 07:29 AM
Serious question: when's the last time the best DT in any draft fell to #25?

much like Ellis did, I believe he'll shoot up to a top ten pick....

SimonFletcher73
01-18-2012, 07:53 AM
Major red flag if it was schwag.

cutthemdown
01-18-2012, 08:03 AM
Goodman probably does need to go. He can't stick around for nickel either because his skill set isn't good for that. He needs the sidelines to be effective. He's too slow now though and you are all probably right we need to draft corners. Safety though we have to try and develop Moore and Carter. You can't give up on the young players that fast.

Really though we need skill position players on offense also. We need to try and develop the TE, but Tebow needs better WR. They drop everything. Not one of them is a good hands type possession wr, and not one of them is a true burner to get deep. We have the big/fast/strong one in DT, but Decker sort of stinks imo. Willis I am not excited about.

cutthemdown
01-18-2012, 08:04 AM
Our inside dline didnt play too bad. I think the Mays fails to make any plays for them in the gaps.

cutthemdown
01-18-2012, 08:06 AM
Mays cant even win a battle with an avg NFL lead blocking FB IMO. If we could get better starters at Goodmans spot, and Mays spot, and the only thing that happened on the dline was Vickerson making it back and playing avg, I think we would be a lot better.

Just like I said last yr can't fix every hole in one yr. Hopefully the young safety's and TE's step up. Hard to believe Nate irving will since he didnt even play this yr.

Shotgun Willie
01-18-2012, 08:12 AM
Tebow needs better WR. They drop everything. Not one of them is a good hands type possession wr, and not one of them is a true burner to get deep. We have the big/fast/strong one in DT, but Decker sort of stinks imo. Willis I am not excited about.

Decker sort of stinks? He was among the league leaders in most major categories for WRs prior to the QB/scheme switch.

Chris
01-18-2012, 08:19 AM
Or we could draft a TE in the first three rounds and hope that Julius Thomas works out such that we have two stud TEs (hey, worked for the Pats).

cutthemdown
01-18-2012, 08:42 AM
Decker sort of stinks? He was among the league leaders in most major categories for WRs prior to the QB/scheme switch.

I'll give he had 2 really good 2 td games.....but the scheme we ran he rarely was doubled. He dropped a ton of balls. Way too many for an NFL wr. So I will concede though stinks was too harsh, which is why it had the sort of in front of it. He's good, but we have had other WR who get open but can't catch the ball. Also 2 yrs in a row he's gotten hurt now right, and in college also? IMO he takes a lot of hits due to not being super agile and fast. Ok i will say it he's white but not Wes Welker.

Not saying cut him, I am saying Tebow needs way more then what he has at WR/RB/TE if you want the offense to score. Decker deserves obviously to be on the team, but i would still like a better WR then him to pair with DT. We need to have 2 guys who can't be singled. That is paramount because we won't be going 4-5 wide like the other teams do IMO.

Still though I can remember like 10 balls Decker dropped, balls where we all were like WTH! catch the friggin ball.

Shotgun Willie
01-18-2012, 08:55 AM
People keep bringing up the dropsies issue, but it's odd that it was never an issue under Orton.....for Decker or any of the other WRs. It wasn't until we changed QBs and schemes that it became an issue.

BroncoBeavis
01-18-2012, 09:07 AM
People keep bringing up the dropsies issue, but it's odd that it was never an issue under Orton.....for Decker or any of the other WRs. It wasn't until we changed QBs and schemes that it became an issue.

Well to be fair Decker only had 6 receptions last year, so it's not likely you would've probably noticed either way. The biggest change was we dropped our top two WR's and the load fell to guys with little experience.

cutthemdown
01-18-2012, 09:11 AM
I just don't ever see Decker being a WR the other team says we need to bracket this guy. Why should you settle for less then that? We need playmakers on offense and Mcgahee/Decker although solid players, don't really put the fear of god in the defense.

DT IMO is starting to. We need more speed, we need guys who make the other team think long and hard before they bring a safety up.

IMO doing that would be the best thing you could do for Tebow. Broncos may want to even think about a TE if they don't think THomas and Green are going to be really really good.

Shotgun Willie
01-18-2012, 09:20 AM
I just don't ever see Decker being a WR the other team says we need to bracket this guy. Why should you settle for less then that?

Because, like you say below, he's solid. That's a whole hell of a lot more than I can say for the majority of the current starting lineup going into 2012. I'd rather "settle" for a guy who is capable of being a very good #2 WR (maybe more, it's still too early to judge his true potential) over trying to bring in another #1 receiver at the expense of not filling the numerous other weak spots with more talent.

Bring in a deep threat WR late in the draft or FA. No problem there. I just don't see the value in using a high draft pick or top FA money on a WR, when that money could be better spent on our areas of true weakness.

TheReverend
01-18-2012, 09:59 AM

Decker and Royal were leading the league in drops under Orton this season as well. It just didn't look as bad because Brandon Lloyd could catch a football.

gyldenlove
01-18-2012, 10:21 AM
Decker and Royal were leading the league in drops under Orton this season as well. It just didn't look as bad because Brandon Lloyd could catch a football.

Decker appears to have some concentration problems when catching the ball, or maybe he just closes his eyes. Thomas also had some pretty bad drops.

gyldenlove
01-18-2012, 10:25 AM
Or we could draft a TE in the first three rounds and hope that Julius Thomas works out such that we have two stud TEs (hey, worked for the Pats).

Eventually, they spend 1st round picks on Daniel Graham and Ben Watson and neither turned out amazing.

TheReverend
01-18-2012, 10:29 AM
Decker appears to have some concentration problems when catching the ball, or maybe he just closes his eyes. Thomas also had some pretty bad drops.

Both were in the bottom 15 of NFL WRs in catchable:drops. Decker 8th worst, Demaryius 15th worst.

gyldenlove
01-18-2012, 10:36 AM
Both were in the bottom 15 of NFL WRs in catchable:drops. Decker 8th worst, Demaryius 15th worst.

Doesn't surprise me - they need to tighten up.

Pony Boy
01-18-2012, 11:04 AM

Shut up! or you'll get the left handed spin on the ball conspiracy going again .....

BroncoBen
01-18-2012, 12:35 PM

I kind of agree with you, I seem to remember alot of passes being thrown behind the WR who had to twist and contort to try and make a catch, or a ball thrown low into the dirt or high above the WR head.

This to me is the issue with Timmy.. he tends to wait to throw the ball then when he lets it go the WR is not in position anymore.

Throwing to spot is what Tebow need to work on.. timing. He doesn’t trust himself on these type of throws.

bendog
01-18-2012, 12:50 PM
IMO, they need a corner just as much as they need a MLB, DT, RB and TE.

BPA again this year.

That's the good thing about having a really sucky team. BPA.

oubronco
01-18-2012, 01:23 PM
I just don't ever see Decker being a WR the other team says we need to bracket this guy. Why should you settle for less then that? We need playmakers on offense and Mcgahee/Decker although solid players, don't really put the fear of god in the defense.

DT IMO is starting to. We need more speed, we need guys who make the other team think long and hard before they bring a safety up.

IMO doing that would be the best thing you could do for Tebow. Broncos may want to even think about a TE if they don't think THomas and Green are going to be really really good.

What are the speeds of all the WR's, Rb's and TE's on the team?

oubronco
01-18-2012, 01:24 PM

I've seen this posted alot here lately but where do you get the info? Proof

RaiderH8r
01-18-2012, 01:33 PM

I have Andre' Goodman on the courtesy phone and even he thinks we need a CB. Not that we don't need those other things but add CB to your shopping list. Now off you go.

TheReverend
01-18-2012, 01:51 PM
I've seen this posted alot here lately but where do you get the info? Proof

Sure. But why take my word for it when you could take your own?

Whose to say the TE catches the ball? The recievers dropped alot last night

^ that's you from September. :wave:

oubronco
01-19-2012, 07:34 PM
Sure. But why take my word for it when you could take your own?

^ that's you from September. :wave:

Yes that was one game, though you make it sound like there is a source that proves the WR's dropped more passes than any other team I just wanted to know the source :welcome:

oubronco
01-19-2012, 07:34 PM
In the Broncos' work over the last few months to prepare for the draft, general manager Brian Xanders spent plenty of time at Alabama. So he got a good look not only at Richardson, but also cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick, who also is on the list of underclassmen.

Read more: Tide cornerback Kirkpatrick could be on Broncos' radar in draft - The Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19778215#ixzz1jxh0DA9h) http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19778215#ixzz1jxh0DA9h
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

jutang
01-19-2012, 07:49 PM
We need a corner back but Harris may be a legit 2nd corner. The guy is always in great position and tackles well. This is a rookie with no offseason, but in my mind was the second best player in the back field.

TheReverend
01-19-2012, 07:56 PM
Yes that was one game, though you make it sound like there is a source that proves the WR's dropped more passes than any other team I just wanted to know the source :welcome:

Speak clearly then.

Decker was the 8th worst in the NFL for drop rate.
Demaryius was the 15th worst in the NFL for drop rate.

Your own post shows this problem existed pre-Tebow, as if somehow that could possibly be relevant.

So what do you want?

oubronco
01-19-2012, 08:14 PM
Speak clearly then.

Decker was the 8th worst in the NFL for drop rate.
Demaryius was the 15th worst in the NFL for drop rate.

Your own post shows this problem existed pre-Tebow, as if somehow that could possibly be relevant.

So what do you want?

To know where you get your 8th and 15th worst in the NFL info Duh

houghtam
01-19-2012, 08:28 PM
He is.

Yeah I dunno, I may be a homer, but I think this guy may take issue with that statement.

TheReverend
01-19-2012, 08:36 PM
To know where you get your 8th and 15th worst in the NFL info Duh

Then ****ing ask for that instead of responding to a post about Decker and Royal under Orton, you idiot. Jesus you're frustrating to talk to.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/01/17/drop-rate-2011-which-receivers-are-dropping-the-ball/

TheReverend
01-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Yeah I dunno, I may be a homer, but I think this guy may take issue with that statement.

Worthy?

...he's not Worthy :)

houghtam
01-19-2012, 09:41 PM
Worthy?

...he's not Worthy :)

Lies!

No way Denver drafts him anyway; I don't think Still OR Worth last past 15.

Its going to suck rooting against him when he inevitably gets drafted by KC or SD.

TheReverend
01-19-2012, 09:50 PM
Lies!

No way Denver drafts him anyway; I don't think Still OR Worth last past 15.

Its going to suck rooting against him when he inevitably gets drafted by KC or SD.

Worthy will still be around :)

Requiem
01-20-2012, 12:13 AM
I was really disappointed with Worthy this year. He definitely has first-round talent, but he wasn't as consistent or dominant as I expected him to be. Maybe a Trevor Pryce fire under the ass situation would make all the difference. He's certainly talented and one of the more well-rounded tackles available and will likely be in the mix.

Still and Poe will probably be the first defensive tackles off the board and I don't think we'll have a shot at them. Sorry Rev, I just don't see your boy getting to us.

FWIW: I'll pass on Brockers. I just don't think he makes the impact right off the bat being a rSO in the NFL.

When it comes down to it, I think the best players available would be:

Luke Keuchly -- Best MIKE in the class, but I doubt he gets passed the Eagles.

Melvin Ingram -- Another versatile defender/pass rusher. I think he would be a tremendous selection even though we have Dumervil and Miller because he can play all over the place. Furthermore, I think we need to address the interior of our line far more.

Fletcher Cox would be who I'd advocate @ 25 if he's still around. There will probably be strong support for Alphonzo Dennard @ CB.

Offensively, Lamarr Miller and Dwayne Allen would probably be our best options and I think that is way to high @ 25. An heir from one U great to another would be tremendous, because Miller has homerun potential. Not that Knowshon coming back means anything, but I just can't justify this team spending such a high selection on a back at this point. Not a #1.

Re: Dwayne Allen: I think Virgil Green and Julius Thomas have receiving ability, but Allen has the ability to play at an extremely high level in the NFL. We would just have to incorporate more TE action in the offense and get value out of the selection to make it worth a damn. BPC started a thread about him and I agree with what he has to say.

Cordy Glenn / Peter Konz / Kevin Zeitler could also be considered as well if you want an immediate starter on the interior OL.

Requiem
01-20-2012, 12:23 AM
We need a corner back but Harris may be a legit 2nd corner. The guy is always in great position and tackles well. This is a rookie with no offseason, but in my mind was the second best player in the back field.

Let Chris succeed in the role he has been given. Don't have any qualms about getting a guy like Kirkpatrick (if you are lucky, despite the MJ arrest) or another talented corner (don't necessarily think the value is there, but a run will go on them before our second round selection IMO) who can definitely be a starter in the league wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Trying to get a veteran in FA would probably be the best bet. Nab Porter from NO if Dennis Allen stays.

houghtam
01-20-2012, 12:32 AM
I was really disappointed with Worthy this year. He definitely has first-round talent, but he wasn't as consistent or dominant as I expected him to be.

Really? What games were you watching? I was able to watch all but one of MSU's games this season, and to me it looked like he was constantly either in the backfield or clogging up a running lane. He may not do it all sexy like, but he do it.

I'm sure with each of these guys, once the combine rolls around, we'll get a better idea of where each of them goes.

Mr Chatterboodamn
01-20-2012, 01:19 AM
:slapsilly:slapsilly:slapsilly Kirkpatrick Farms™:slapsilly:slapsilly:slapsilly hahahahaa

Captain 'Dre
01-20-2012, 08:46 AM

20% of people who drink will drink problematically.

The same percentage holds true for weed.

Weed isn't physically addictive like some other drugs, but that doesn't stop a certain percentage of people from becoming the equivalent of 2 pack a day smokers.

TheReverend
01-20-2012, 09:55 AM

Weed isn't physically addictive like some other drugs, but that doesn't stop a certain percentage of people from becoming the equivalent of 2 pack a day smokers.

Champ Bailey says, "Don't worry about it."

broncosteven
01-20-2012, 02:45 PM

Sadly this is the year we need FS, SS, CB, MLB, DT, RB, TE, C, LG, QB, WR depth.

A stud D player of any of the above positions will help out this team immensely.

Agamemnon
01-20-2012, 03:23 PM

bowtown
01-20-2012, 03:32 PM
Champ Bailey says, "Don't worry about it."

Champ Bailey also says: "Let's go to the 7-11 and get some Squirt and honey mustard pretzels."

Cito Pelon
01-20-2012, 07:26 PM
CB and MLB do seem to be the big needs to me. Probably get the most bang right there.

There's no telling how the staff will evaluate their own draft picks from last year, though. They may have Irving penciled in as the starter at MLB for all we know. Didn't they try him out spelling Mays at times early in the year, but scrapped that?

So maybe they won't re-draft MLB again, but I bet they'd love to get a good outside CB or two in the draft or FA. CB is about the only position on D they didn't address their first year. For sure they had a multi-year plan to build the D, so I guess this is the year to be aggressive with CB.

BroncsCheer
01-20-2012, 09:12 PM
I think I'll smoke a bowl

TheReverend
01-20-2012, 09:38 PM
Champ Bailey also says: "Let's go to the 7-11 and get some Squirt and honey mustard pretzels."

God damn that sounds SOOOO good

Bronco Yoda
01-20-2012, 10:05 PM
Sadly our team has so many holes... we don't even have holes... we have a few pieces in place between the large expansive dark chasms known as the starting roster. At this point we need only draft best player on the board. Lucky for us this isn't foxes first expansion team.