PDA

View Full Version : Chris Harris (All-Rookie)

UberBroncoMan
01-17-2012, 01:00 AM
That's right. It wasn't just Von Miller.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/harris-and-miller-named-to-all-rookie-team/

Harris got on as a Safety though.

Still big props.

****ing Moore.

Doggcow
01-17-2012, 01:03 AM
Harris was awesome for us.

Agamemnon
01-17-2012, 01:09 AM
Did he even play safety at all for us?

Doggcow
01-17-2012, 01:14 AM

He played awesome for us, however, they don't have a position for awesome in the NFL.

My girlfriend knows it though.

UberBroncoMan
01-17-2012, 01:23 AM

"Harris was the teamís nickel cornerback for the majority of the season, but was selected to the All-Rookie team as a safety."

Doggcow
01-17-2012, 01:25 AM
"Harris was the teamís nickel cornerback for the majority of the season, but was selected to the All-Rookie team as a safety."

http://www.freakinawesomenetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/CHEIWW.png

Agamemnon
01-17-2012, 01:39 AM
I guess they decided that he was better than any of the available safeties and just fit him in there despite not being a safety. Odd.

Bronco Rob
01-17-2012, 03:45 AM
Jaiquawn Jarrett : Eagles
Ahmad Black : Buccaneers
Deunta Williams : Bills
Robert Sands : Bengals
Chris Conte : Bears
Deandre McDaniel : Colts
Tyler Sash : Giants

Not a bumper crop in 2011, but props to Harris!

:thumbs:

kappys
01-17-2012, 05:11 AM
To be honest Chris Harris looks like he could be an excellent safety - he has great tackling for a rookie CB.

BroncoMan4ever
01-17-2012, 06:03 AM
if Harris were a little bigger i think with him and Carter our Safety issues would be over.

Kaylore
01-17-2012, 06:17 AM
if Harris were a little bigger i think with him and Carter our Safety issues would be over.

I floated this idea earlier in the season. He could play both but he's a better corner.

fontaine
01-17-2012, 07:34 AM
Yes, that would be awesome.

Let's put up a 190 lb safety in a division where we play guys like Matthews, Tolbert, McFadden, etc twice a year.

Harris is far more useful as a CB. Moving him to safety would be a waste of his coverage skills.

cutthemdown
01-17-2012, 07:34 AM
Cracks me up how fans are already saying **** Moore. Man its like the fans on here have only watched football for about 2 yrs. Moore looked pretty good in preseason, made some nice hits, looked fast, then he got injured, then he got sick, and his rookie season went south. Not to mention no offseason conditioning, no mini camps (which is where rookies learn) and then a shortened truncated training camp. Boom right into the fire.

Give Moore a chance to learn, plenty of players didn't play well until after their rookie season.

Broncos fans are pretty much stupid and impatient nowdays. Study the game morons.

cutthemdown
01-17-2012, 07:37 AM
Yes, that would be awesome.

Let's put up a 190 lb safety in a division where we play guys like Matthews, Tolbert, McFadden, etc twice a year.

Harris is far more useful as a CB. Moving him to safety would be a waste of his coverage skills.

LOL just more advice from the stupidest fanbase around. Didn't used to be that way. IMO a lot of bandwagoners jumped on in the late 90's and don't realize how much luck, hard work, and blood it took Broncos to reach that glory.

They always think they can fix the team by just starting the right guy, moving him to another position, why did you draft that guy, Uggg another 1st down run.

How many times in those wins did the Broncos hand the ball off and then get a big play out of it, a first down, a td, into fg range for the win. I'll tell you how many times about 6 of the 8 wins. McGhahee had some of his best runs late in the game because Broncos kept pounding, not letting up, no matter what the down.

Kaylore
01-17-2012, 08:41 AM
We're talking about ten pounds here. Obviously if he played safety he'd bulk up a bit.

TheReverend
01-17-2012, 08:48 AM
Quite frankly he was better than Sherman anyway.

The real injustice here is Franklin not getting a spot. I can't argue with the quality of guys placed above him, but he had such a good year on the whole that I'd have liked to see him garner some accolades like this.

broncocalijohn
01-17-2012, 09:09 AM
He played awesome for us, however, they don't have a position for awesome in the NFL.

My girlfriend knows it though.

This. And I can vouch for the girlfriend part too ! :strong:

strafen
01-17-2012, 09:44 AM
Congrats to Chris Harris.

Oh, and in before Popps come over here saying he'd talked about this in one of his posts back in October...

fontaine
01-17-2012, 09:47 AM
We're talking about ten pounds here. Obviously if he played safety he'd bulk up a bit.

So adding another 10/15 pounds is going to still make him one of the smallest safeties out there and slow him down as a bonus because of the added weight.

Instead of:
- Harris having to add another 10/15 pounds to his frame that might not support it,
- risking his short area burst/acceleration,
- not to mention the increase in injuries of playing one of the smallest safeties in the league

Why not do something revolutionary, and you know, keep him at a position where he's excelled and actually let him develop and grow?

:)

TheReverend
01-17-2012, 09:47 AM
So adding another 10/15 pounds is going to still make him one of the smallest safeties out there and slow him down as a bonus because of the added weight.

Instead of:
- Harris having to add another 10/15 pounds to his frame that might not support it,
- risking his short area burst/acceleration,
- not to mention the increase in injuries of playing one of the smallest safeties in the league

Why not do something revolutionary, and you know, keep him at a position where he's excelled and actually let him develop and grow?

:)

lol this. Repped.

BroncoBen
01-17-2012, 09:48 AM

Its not so much the weight, its his build.. kind of short to be playing safety. Sure he can put on weight, but that might just slow him down. Better to keep him at corner.

cmhargrove
01-17-2012, 09:50 AM
I found out last week that Harris is from the Tulsa area. I will be watching to see if he has any local camps I could send my two younger boys to.

broncocalijohn
01-17-2012, 09:53 AM
Its not so much the weight, its his build.. kind of short to be playing safety. Sure he can put on weight, but that might just slow him down. Better to keep him at corner.

I think this is for the best. I think everyone is scared that Moore will suck and Dawkins is done. Suggestion is moving Bailey now to safety. How about we get a safety via trade, draft or FA and if Bailey can still play CB, put Harris in competition with Goodman. I already know Harris tackles better.

broncocalijohn
01-17-2012, 09:54 AM
I found out last week that Harris is from the Tulsa area. I will be watching to see if he has any local camps I could send my two younger boys to.

Don't bother. Your kids are white. ROFL!

Drek
01-17-2012, 11:28 AM
Funny thing about Chris Harris. Here's his denverbroncos.com photo where they list him as a CB:

http://jesusnsports.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/harris_chris1.jpg?w=614&h=233

Here is his NFL.com photo, where they list him as a SS:
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/headshot/H/A/R/HAR349333.jpg

Anyhow, dude runs a 4.4 40 yard dash, is 5'10", and was actually doing an ok job keeping up with Wes Welker, one of the quickest, sharpest route running WR in the NFL. He's proven his potential at CB as far as I'm concerned. Just because he's a UDFA doesn't mean he doesn't have legit skills for his position.

5'10", 190, speed to run with almost any WR in the NFL, quickness to stick with the likes of Wes Welker throughout a game, good tackler. Sounds like a dream come true nickel corner who in a couple years can take over as the #2 CB with a young, in house developed #1 opposite him.

Pony Boy
01-17-2012, 11:29 AM
Cracks me up how fans are already saying **** Moore. Man its like the fans on here have only watched football for about 2 yrs. Moore looked pretty good in preseason, made some nice hits, looked fast, then he got injured, then he got sick, and his rookie season went south. Not to mention no offseason conditioning, no mini camps (which is where rookies learn) and then a shortened truncated training camp. Boom right into the fire.

Give Moore a chance to learn, plenty of players didn't play well until after their rookie season.

Broncos fans are pretty much stupid and impatient nowdays. Study the game morons.

**** Moore, please add my name to the list

Mogulseeker
01-17-2012, 11:39 AM
Funny thing about Chris Harris. Here's his denverbroncos.com photo where they list him as a CB:

http://jesusnsports.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/harris_chris1.jpg?w=614&h=233

Here is his NFL.com photo, where they list him as a SS:
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/headshot/H/A/R/HAR349333.jpg

Anyhow, dude runs a 4.4 40 yard dash, is 5'10", and was actually doing an ok job keeping up with Wes Welker, one of the quickest, sharpest route running WR in the NFL. He's proven his potential at CB as far as I'm concerned. Just because he's a UDFA doesn't mean he doesn't have legit skills for his position.

5'10", 190, speed to run with almost any WR in the NFL, quickness to stick with the likes of Wes Welker throughout a game, good tackler. Sounds like a dream come true nickel corner who in a couple years can take over as the #2 CB with a young, in house developed #1 opposite him.

That picture is of the Lions FS.

Mogulseeker
01-17-2012, 11:45 AM
Anyway, concerning the Broncos' Chris Harris... I say we cut Goodman and either sign Finnegan or darft a CB with the 1st if it's close to BPA.

Harris would be officially the nickel corner, but would play the flanker in nickel packages - put him at the dime spot with Vaughn in nickel and whomever we grab in the slot.

I'm all for putting the star corners in the slot to try and make a play on the ball.

Say we sign Finnegan... imagine a quarter package with:
- Bailey, Finnegan, Harris, Vaughn, Squid, Moore and Carter in protection, and
- Doom, Ayers, Vickerson and Von rushing the passer.

(Replace Squid with DJ Williams/Bunkley for dime and Vaughn with Irving/DJ on nickel)

I don't think Harris will be a full-time starter, but he could be a very good nickel. This defense isn't too far off, guys.... we just need our young guys to perform.

Mogulseeker
01-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Don't bother. Your kids are white. ROFL!

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/462977/blogspan.jpg

ZONA
01-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Love how Chris has played. He's a solid nickle/dime corner. With so many teams being passer friendly, makes sense to keep him at corner. I can see this guy improving and taking over a starting corner spot in the next year or so.

UberBroncoMan
01-17-2012, 04:06 PM

There's a difference between saying, **** Moore and ****ing Moore. One implies screw the guy, he sucks. The other conveys disappointment with his season.