PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs might be in a bit of trouble

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-16-2012, 09:10 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/16/watergate-meets-arrowhead-allegedly/

According to Kent Babb of the Star, former Chiefs coach Todd Haley believes that the team bugged rooms at the facility and “tampered with” Haley’s phone. (The team denies the accusation.)

OBF1
01-16-2012, 09:54 PM
How would they be in trouble??? Just curious.

loborugger
01-16-2012, 09:57 PM
Believing it & proving it are two different things. Nonetheless, if you read the KC Star article it sounds like there is a lot of unrest and unhappiness in the organization. Pioli calling staff meeting about a candy wrapper in the stairwell. That really is 2 & 14. :).

True or not, its the kinda stigma you even want lingering around your organization.

broncocalijohn
01-16-2012, 10:03 PM
Seems there needs to be some proof with a huge allegation like that.

From the article....

... Much of the information comes from former employees who naturally aren’t happy with the changes that were made, no matter how unreasonable or reasonable or necessary or unnecessary they may have been.

The allegation is so inherently troublesome that we think the league should launch an immediate investigation. This is a far bigger issue than brazenly videotaping defensive coaching signals during games, the foundation of the “Spygate” scandal in New England. If Haley is right, the Chiefs have been violating state and federal law in the name of truly spying on their employees.

That’s why accusations of this nature shouldn’t be tossed around recklessly.

Dedhed
01-16-2012, 10:17 PM

You generally can face trouble when you break the law.

myMind
01-16-2012, 10:46 PM
I want this thread to make sense...it just doesn't.

24champ
01-16-2012, 11:10 PM
Be funny to see Pioli's mugshot if he gets booked on these charges. Hilarious!

Rolandftw
01-16-2012, 11:35 PM
It's getting a lot of national press. Would likely be a felony, if they had evidence on it.

It isn't just Todd Haley that suspected his personal phone might have been bugged. It's a number of former employees. And current employees.

Best case scenario it is terrible press for the Chiefs.

Worst case scenario is that they have evidence, and there is evidence that supports the claims in the article. Decent chance the NFL investigates either way.

I actually think this could be good long-term news for Chief fans. The sooner they get rid of Pioli, the better chances for that franchise.

For the Broncos to have a chance to progress they needed to get rid of Josh McDaniels, and the filming of the 49ers practice helped speed up that process. Similar situation for KC imo.

Archer81
01-17-2012, 01:00 AM
I fail to see how anything that damages the Chiefs can be a problem for the Broncos, Chargers or Raiders.

:Broncos:

Drunk Monkey
01-17-2012, 05:32 AM
Is it illegal to install camera's and other monitoring equipment in a company to monitor employees?

edit: Per the comment section they are allowed to but need the employee to sign a consent form that let's them know it could happen.

Bronco Rob
01-17-2012, 06:08 AM
The larger problem is only winning 3 playoff games in 42 seasons.

Losing 7 playoff games in a row.

Not winning a playoff game since 1993 season.

And paying Matt Cassel $64 million dollars.

:thumbs:

eddie mac
01-17-2012, 06:13 AM

data protection act, privacy laws.

Kaylore
01-17-2012, 06:27 AM
You can bug your own phones, but you have to tell the person using the phone and the person they are talking to when they are being recorded.

Peoples Champ
01-17-2012, 06:37 AM

those are some large problems, way larger then "is Tim Tebow the future?"

Bronco Rob
01-17-2012, 07:19 AM
those are some large problems, way larger then "is Tim Tebow the future?"

;)

Peoples Champ
01-17-2012, 07:24 AM
;)

ya the media acts like we are financially tied to Tebow for 10 years and we are screwed if he doesnt pan out in the next year the franchise is moving to alaska

cutthemdown
01-17-2012, 07:29 AM

Not that i think they will get in trouble, but you do know its illegal in most states to record a conversation without telling the other person right? Also lots of laws about bugging phones.

cutthemdown
01-17-2012, 07:31 AM
You can bug your own phones, but you have to tell the person using the phone and the person they are talking to when they are being recorded.

Not every state, I have no idea what the Kansas/Miss law is. In calif though you can get in big trouble for recording someone when they don't know it. In the office we get hubbies and wives all the time with juicy recordings and they don't understand why the atty cant use them.

broncocalijohn
01-17-2012, 09:15 AM

except in Nevada.

I want this thread to make sense...it just doesn't.

Well, you do know who made the OP ?

Kaylore
01-17-2012, 09:28 AM
Not every state, I have no idea what the Kansas/Miss law is. In calif though you can get in big trouble for recording someone when they don't know it. In the office we get hubbies and wives all the time with juicy recordings and they don't understand why the atty cant use them.

Re-read what I posted.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-17-2012, 09:39 AM
except in Nevada.

Well, you do know who made the OP ?

Chiefs might be in a bit of trouble

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ead-allegedly/ <--- well heres the link and ...oh wait i know what you are trying to do pick a fight with me . typical lil children home from school tryin to fight with the adults . well lil johnny you run along now and go play modern warfare and fight with your fellow children now ok . this is for adults ok Hilarious!

According to Kent Babb of the Star, former Chiefs coach Todd Haley believes that the team bugged rooms at the facility and “tampered with” Haley’s phone. (The team denies the accusation.)

broncocalijohn
01-17-2012, 09:59 AM
Dan, not picking a fight but you have been known to type confusing posts. If you think this is a "fight", it isnt. Just a simple comment. If you want a little "fight", I wouldnt state that "well lil johnny you run along now and go play modern warfare and fight with your fellow children now ok . this is for adults ok Hilarious!"

Reading your posts, no one can honestly say that they are 100% sure you represent an adult. Just sayin' ....Corky.

Chris
01-17-2012, 10:02 AM
Rumour has it they've placed a bug under one of bob's spare tires

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-17-2012, 10:23 AM
Dan, not picking a fight but you have been known to type confusing posts. If you think this is a "fight", it isnt. Just a simple comment. If you want a little "fight", I wouldnt state that "well lil johnny you run along now and go play modern warfare and fight with your fellow children now ok . this is for adults ok Hilarious!"

Reading your posts, no one can honestly say that they are 100% sure you represent an adult. Just sayin' ....Corky.

what part do you not understand--->Chiefs might be in a bit of trouble<----what part do you not understand
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ead-allegedly/

what part of this do you not understand----> According to Kent Babb of the Star, former Chiefs coach Todd Haley believes that the team bugged rooms at the facility and “tampered with” Haley’s phone. (The team denies the accusation.) <----- what part of this do you not understand kid

i think you are tryin to pick some sort of stupid lil internet fight with me ( not that im mr innocent myself )

Bronco Rob
01-17-2012, 05:48 PM
Did I mention the Matt Ca$$el made 12.5 million riding the pine this season!

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-17-2012, 06:16 PM
Did I mention the Matt Ca$$el made 12.5 million riding the pine this season!

wish i could get paid to sit on a bench . then again dont everyone

broncocalijohn
01-17-2012, 07:07 PM
Dan, I do understand it. The poster said it was confusing. If you look at my post near the top of the first page, I think I responded without being confused. Your typing is probably what made him confused. I am faster and can translate "Dan Posting" about 90% of the time.

As stated in your link, if this is true and can be proven, that franchise is going to be remembered like the video taping of the Patriots.

gunns
01-17-2012, 07:33 PM

That's big trouble when your organization becomes more of a joke than the Raiders.

gunns
01-17-2012, 07:36 PM
I can see Pioli doing this but I can also see Haley being a paranoid prick.

Nose
01-17-2012, 09:06 PM
Dan, I do understand it. The poster said it was confusing. If you look at my post near the top of the first page, I think I responded without being confused. Your typing is probably what made him confused. I am faster and can translate "Dan Posting" about 90% of the time.

As stated in your link, if this is true and can be proven, that franchise is going to be remembered like the video taping of the Patriots.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/234/279/ea1.jpg

Nose

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-17-2012, 09:37 PM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/234/279/ea1.jpg

Nose

hey for shat and giggles make a body part name called boobies and use it for boob mojo

Popps
01-17-2012, 11:20 PM

Holy ****. 3 in 42? How many teams are worse than that? Any?

Awesome.

broncocalijohn
01-17-2012, 11:57 PM

Awesome.

Super Bowl Teams win 4 in one season as the wild card representative. Chiefs do 3 in 42 seasons. That is pure gold for us opposing fans. What a loser of a franchise.

Peoples Champ
01-18-2012, 07:02 AM

Awesome.

Not many, even expansion teams are starting to rack up playoff wins like Texans got their first, and will probably pass the Chiefs next year. The Jags have been racking up playoff wins more then the chiefs. Its pathetic there in kansas city.

KCStud
01-18-2012, 09:50 AM
There is no substance to this unless Todd Haley has proof that the Chiefs bugged his office or tapped his phone, which they adamantly said did not happen. Otherwise it looks like there are a lot of disgruntled employees like every company has.

Michael Holley followed Pioli for months and wrote a book called "War Room" on the environment behind the scenes. In the book, it mentioned that when Pioli arrived to Arrowhead in 2009, he went to a scouting meeting and all of the scouts from King Carl's time were on the internet goofing around.

No wonder Pioli fired them and a ton of King Carl's staff. The Chiefs have been under futility under King Carl because he rarely cared about winning.

Pioli took over a team that was 2-23. The improvements that the team has made in Pioli's 3 years have been uplifting to the fanbase.

Paladin
01-18-2012, 10:04 AM
Up-lifting. From negative fifty to one, to use one scale measuring improbvments.

Garcia Bronco
01-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Good luck wih proving that Todd...and it's not illegal if it's in the company handbook

BroncoBeavis
01-18-2012, 10:41 AM
Good luck wih proving that Todd...and it's not illegal if it's in the company handbook

I think that depends. State laws differ. And one real problem is if they were recording phones then they likely wouldn't have had the consent of anyone the coach talked to who wasn't an employee.

But the legal ramifications would be much less damaging than perception. What established top-tier coaching candidate would want to work in that kind of environment?

Maybe it's all BS, but if there's any truth to it, it hurts the credibility of the organization.

Kaylore
01-18-2012, 10:47 AM
Pioli took over a team that was 2-23. The improvements that the team has made in Pioli's 3 years have been uplifting to the fanbase.

LOL OK. I know on Chiefs Planet they are all singing his praises are thrilled with how the Todd Haley experiment went. Really "uplifting."

KCStud
01-18-2012, 10:52 AM
LOL OK. I know on Chiefs Planet they are all singing his praises are thrilled with how the Todd Haley experiment went. Really "uplifting."

Haley did some good groundwork and got production out of players that needed it. His problems were off the field.

I like RAC, given a good OC is hired (Tom Clements please). The team will be vastly more talented and competitive than the 2008 Herm product.

Chiefs fans liked Haley and Broncos fans liked McDaniels when they were first hired. Both didn't work out and both moved on.

Peoples Champ
01-18-2012, 11:14 AM

Right, i live here, I know many chiefs fans here in missouri, all of them are not uplifted, and many are considering changing to St Louis Rams fans.

KCStud
01-18-2012, 11:16 AM
Right, i live here, I know many chiefs fans here in missouri, all of them are not uplifted, and many are considering changing to St Louis Rams fans.

How many Broncos fans live in KC? You, Jetmeck, and Bronco Rob all do.

And I don't even know that the Rams will be there past 2014. Says a lot when your owner won't commit to the city.

Peoples Champ
01-18-2012, 11:21 AM

And I don't even know that the Rams will be there past 2014. Says a lot when your owner won't commit to the city.

I know a lot more Chiefs fans here in Missouri then broncos fans, and they are all unhappy with the Chiefs.

KCStud
01-18-2012, 11:24 AM
I know a lot more Chiefs fans here in Missouri then broncos fans, and they are all unhappy with the Chiefs.

Hmm that's understandable. Wasn't that way last year when the team won the division, at least from what I heard, considering it was only year 2.

Winning cures everything. I hope it's true. I think KC will have good odds to win the division next year, so we'll see.

Peoples Champ
01-18-2012, 11:29 AM
Hmm that's understandable. Wasn't that way last year when the team won the division, at least from what I heard, considering it was only year 2.

Winning cures everything. I hope it's true. I think KC will have good odds to win the division next year, so we'll see.

I know, I am trying to convince them not to be Rams fans and that the rams are in a much worse situation, they could change cities. They are telling me when Pioli leaves they will for sure be back to being die hard chiefs fans.

Peoples Champ
01-18-2012, 11:31 AM

The rams are in a much worse situation I agree, i was just pointing out that it must be getting bad there in KC when your fans are considering changing to root for a franchise in a much worse state. And without a playoff win in such a long time, every year without one it gets tougher and tougher, especially seeing terrible QB's like Tebow win a playoff game.

broncosteven
01-18-2012, 01:47 PM
... it mentioned that when Pioli arrived to Arrowhead in 2009, he went to a scouting meeting and all of the scouts from King Carl's time were on the internet goofing around.

I wonder if they were here trolling the board.

Rolandftw
01-18-2012, 02:27 PM
There is no substance to this unless Todd Haley has proof that the Chiefs bugged his office or tapped his phone, which they adamantly said did not happen. Otherwise it looks like there are a lot of disgruntled employees like every company has.

Michael Holley followed Pioli for months and wrote a book called "War Room" on the environment behind the scenes. In the book, it mentioned that when Pioli arrived to Arrowhead in 2009, he went to a scouting meeting and all of the scouts from King Carl's time were on the internet goofing around.

No wonder Pioli fired them and a ton of King Carl's staff. The Chiefs have been under futility under King Carl because he rarely cared about winning.

Again, it's not just Todd Haley. And it's not just disgruntled ex-employees. Most of the employees interviewed (past and current), seemed generally happy for their time with the Chiefs.

Whether or not there is actual tapping of phone lines isn't the big issue. The big issue that there are so many people in the Chiefs organization that think there were. How can an organization properly function is such an environment?

The players will have to win in spite of the management in charge of Arrowhead.

Rolandftw
01-18-2012, 02:34 PM
Chiefs fans liked Haley and Broncos fans liked McDaniels when they were first hired. Both didn't work out and both moved on.

No, they didn't. I hated McDaniels nearly from day 1. Even when we were 6-0, I strongly disliked him. There was a smaller section of the fanbase that for some unknown reason loved the guy to death, and defended every action that he took including the 49ers practice. I wasn't one of them. I genuinely wondered whether or not I even wanted to see McDaniels have success with the Broncos. Especially after BroncosGate.

Chief fans were probably equally split on Haley, but they didn't have a cameraman filming an opposing teams practice either, so there was lesser embarrassment for the organization. Also Haley didn't have front office influence.

Broncomutt
01-18-2012, 03:33 PM
I hope they throw every person in the Kansas City Chiefs organization in prison. Those damn communists.

BroncoBeavis
01-18-2012, 03:38 PM
No, they didn't. I hated McDaniels nearly from day 1. Even when we were 6-0, I strongly disliked him. There was a smaller section of the fanbase that for some unknown reason loved the guy to death, and defended every action that he took including the 49ers practice. I wasn't one of them. I genuinely wondered whether or not I even wanted to see McDaniels have success with the Broncos. Especially after BroncosGate.

Dude, the 49er filming thing was at the bitter end. Virtually nobody defended it. Even without that, he was probably done at the end of the season, only a few weeks later. Everyone understood that. Most Broncos fans were on board with McD at first, even if they were surprised at his hire. That's just the nature of fans. They want a new guy to do well.

McSpygate was just a good excuse to do what was already going to be done and save the team some cash in the process.

KCStud
01-18-2012, 04:05 PM
Again, it's not just Todd Haley. And it's not just disgruntled ex-employees. Most of the employees interviewed (past and current), seemed generally happy for their time with the Chiefs.

Whether or not there is actual tapping of phone lines isn't the big issue. The big issue that there are so many people in the Chiefs organization that think there were. How can an organization properly function is such an environment?

The players will have to win in spite of the management in charge of Arrowhead.

Actually yes tapping anybody's personal cell phone is a federal crime. You can go to jail for that. Haley was the moron telling the media about that. Now all eyes are on him to prove it.

And a lot of the equipment provided to personnel at Arrowhead like computers and cell phones (namely for scouts) is property of the company and they can check the browsing history or call logs if they so please. It's that way with every company.

This has nothing to do with the product on the field. These aren't disgruntled players. They're disgruntled business employees. It's a mixed signal because a lot of people apparently don't have a problem working there.
The players love playing for their coach and love being here because of him.

KCStud
01-18-2012, 04:07 PM

Chief fans were probably equally split on Haley, but they didn't have a cameraman filming an opposing teams practice either, so there was lesser embarrassment for the organization. Also Haley didn't have front office influence.

Not singling you out. I know of Broncos fans who liked McDaniels.