PDA

View Full Version : Are you on board with Tebow, or would you like to see competition brought in?

Bob's your Information Minister
01-16-2012, 04:43 PM
Obviously Brady Quinn is not "competition."

Comfortable moving forward with Mr. 46 percent?

RhymesayersDU
01-16-2012, 04:43 PM
As comfortable as a pig in ****.

OBF1
01-16-2012, 04:45 PM
chocolate chip cookies

myMind
01-16-2012, 04:47 PM
year after year you seem proud to redefine TROLL.

01-16-2012, 04:57 PM
year after year you seem proud to redefine TROLL.

I'm genuinely interested in the temperature of the OM on this subject.

To me, Tebow was very poor the last five games of the year, other than a handful of great plays by Demaryius Thomas.

To suggest he should be the unquestioned starter is whistling through the darkness.

The Broncos are crazy if they don't invest in a quality backup. A year of film on Tebow is going to be a huge problem if he doesn't improve as a passer.

strafen
01-16-2012, 04:58 PM
We need legit competition for him...
We're bringing Kyle Orton back.

Wait... ROFL!

01-16-2012, 05:03 PM
If Tebow completes 46 percent of his passes next season, the good news is you'll be in a position to draft another QB.

cutthemdown
01-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Ahh the Queefs favorite time of yr. The offseason!

strafen
01-16-2012, 05:17 PM
Ahh the Queefs favorite time of yr. The offseason!Hilarious! ROFL! LOL
Too funny!
Rep

ColoradoDarin
01-16-2012, 05:20 PM
http://www.izismile.com/img/img3/20100908/640/funny_derp_pictures_640_14.jpg

mwill07
01-16-2012, 05:23 PM
If Tebow completes 46 percent of his passes next season, the good news is you'll be in a position to draft another QB.

And if he improves on that, we will be in terrible position to draft a QB.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-16-2012, 05:25 PM
oh bob you so obsessed with the broncos

Rohirrim
01-16-2012, 05:26 PM
Why are cetaceans whales, but crustaceans are crabs?

SoCalBronco
01-16-2012, 05:29 PM
He brings some unique skills and made a substantial contribution to winning games we had no business winning. I think he deserves a chance next year just out of basic fairness for what he's accomplished. It wasn't done in a pretty way, but considering this QB class is pretty weak after the top 2 and getting one of those would require a King's ransom (which would be unwise), I think he's the best bet in the short term, pending further evaluation.

Archer81
01-16-2012, 05:33 PM
LOUD NOISES!

:Broncos:

MacGruder
01-16-2012, 05:41 PM
I'm genuinely interested in the temperature of the OM on this subject.

To me, Tebow was very poor the last five games of the year, other than a handful of great plays by Demaryius Thomas.

To suggest he should be the unquestioned starter is whistling through the darkness.

The Broncos are crazy if they don't invest in a quality backup. A year of film on Tebow is going to be a huge problem if he doesn't improve as a passer.

I think it is obvious it has been shown QB is the least of the Broncos problems. Look what happened to Orton when he played in a decent offense in Kansas City - he played much better.

The great thing about Tebow is that even if the offensive line and receivers play poorly he makes the run game so good it compensates for the weaknesses everywhere else. So if you put a conventional QB in the Broncos offense that run game will be lost.

I think the Broncos real problem is that they have never really gone through a rebuilding process where they got a lot of good draft picks. In a way their problem is they have been too good too long. The only way to make up for that is with a great player like Tebow and great coaching. Sadly the Broncos are seriously lacking in the coaching department. That was the monumental difference between the Broncos and Patriots. With Brady and Beli you see what could happen if Tebow had a great coach that knew how to build around him the way Beli does Brady.

eddie mac
01-16-2012, 05:45 PM

To be fair Bob if the AFC West remains as **** as it is, he could throw 40% and we could still end up winning it.

MacGruder
01-16-2012, 05:49 PM
To be fair Bob if the AFC West remains as **** as it is, he could throw 40% and we could still end up winning it.

Is the AFC West really bad or is it the rest of the NFL that is bad allowing other teams to cruise?

All the QBs get injured in the AFC West.. and look what the lowly Chiefs did to the Packers..

Goobzilla
01-16-2012, 05:49 PM
What happened to TJ's call for substance?

Crushaholic
01-16-2012, 06:02 PM
What happened to TJ's call for substance?

Substance? Bob? :Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

Turd_Ferguson
01-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Well there ya go MacGruber if you admire the Chiefs so much, you should waddle on over to chiefs planet and hang out there for the rest of your life.

Rolandftw
01-16-2012, 06:25 PM
The team needs to bring in a legitimate QB, that could start if asked to. We don't know what our season will start with and how we go out of the gate.

I do think Tebow should start the season at QB, but like every position, if a player isn't getting it done it's in the Broncos best interest to have another option available.

loborugger
01-16-2012, 07:44 PM
Is the AFC West really bad or is it the rest of the NFL that is bad allowing other teams to cruise?

All the QBs get injured in the AFC West.. and look what the lowly Chiefs did to the Packers..

It's not that the AFC West is bad, its that the AFC West is balanced. Every time at one point was either in or tied for the lead in the division this season. The worst team in the Div finished just 1 game under .500, making our worst team the best worst team in the league. We dont have a dominate team, but we don't have a turd either.

MacGruder
01-16-2012, 08:01 PM
Well there ya go MacGruber if you admire the Chiefs so much, you should waddle on over to chiefs planet and hang out there for the rest of your life.

I didn't say I admired the chiefs, fatty. I said the lowly Chiefs beat the overrated Packers. I am saying teams outside the AFC West are overrated by beating up on bad competition.

Look at the Steelers.. they were supposed to wipe up the floor with the Broncos for the same reason - because they were overrated playing bad teams.

Try to keep up...

What I find disturbing though is how everyone is focused on Tebow.

Elway and Fox were the guys that let Orton start over Tebow when Tebow showed he was far and away the best QB.. especially for this team.

If anyone should potentially be replaced it is them. How can you expect these guys to develop Tebow when they were so wrong about his abilities? Will they try to force him to be a conventional QB and wreck him because that is all they know? That is certainly what they showed this season when they did nothing to adapt their scheme to him or even prepare him for the way teams would attack him.

01-16-2012, 08:02 PM
The Chiefs are actually a pretty good team. We just need a QB.

Rest of the team is pretty stout. Depth is lacking, but starters are good enough to beat just about anyone in the league if we had a guy like Matt Ryan or Jay Cutler.

oubronco
01-16-2012, 08:06 PM
Yes and Yes

gunns
01-16-2012, 08:23 PM

IMO if you know anything about football you would know that the AFC West is truly that bad this year. I cannot believe that anyone puts stock in the Chiefs beating the Packers. **** happens almost every year where a **** team beats one of the top teams, see the Rams beating the Saints, see the 5-8 Chiefs beating the 13-0 Pack. Kind of like the 5-8 Giants beating the 13-0 Broncos in 98. And the Packers schedule wasn't a cruising schedule. Every team has easy teams and the Pack also had some of the top teams, Detroit twice, Falcons, Giants, Saints. Learn something about football, not just Tebow.

MacGruder
01-16-2012, 08:28 PM
I look at the other teams the supposed top teams face and they are full of garbage. You can't just make excuses when the Packers get stomped by teams people say Tebow faced that are garbage.

Broncos_OTM
01-17-2012, 06:39 AM
I think it is obvious it has been shown QB is the least of the Broncos problems. Look what happened to Orton when he played in a decent offense in Kansas City - he played much better.

The great thing about Tebow is that even if the offensive line and receivers play poorly he makes the run game so good it compensates for the weaknesses everywhere else. So if you put a conventional QB in the Broncos offense that run game will be lost.

I think the Broncos real problem is that they have never really gone through a rebuilding process where they got a lot of good draft picks. In a way their problem is they have been too good too long. The only way to make up for that is with a great player like Tebow and great coaching. Sadly the Broncos are seriously lacking in the coaching department. That was the monumental difference between the Broncos and Patriots. With Brady and Beli you see what could happen if Tebow had a great coach that knew how to build around him the way Beli does Brady.New england has continually built many different ways to atttack a defense depsite this brady has always been succesful because he is a diverse smart qb.

LonghornBronco
01-17-2012, 07:11 AM
Both. He should start the season as the unquestioned starter. Also I would like to bring in a mid round QB to compete with Tebow and Quinn.

Peoples Champ
01-17-2012, 07:20 AM
Obviously Brady Quinn is not "competition."

Comfortable moving forward with Mr. 46 percent?

John Elway through first 16 starts as QB, completion percentage, 46%

BroncoBen
01-17-2012, 07:29 AM
The team needs to bring in a legitimate QB, that could start if asked to. We don't know what our season will start with and how we go out of the gate.

I do think Tebow should start the season at QB, but like every position, if a player isn't getting it done it's in the Broncos best interest to have another option available.

Well bringing in a 'legitimate' QB is easier said then done... what free agent QBs are availible ? Maybe the Broncos take a flyer on a QB coming out in the draft.

Give Tebow the chance to improve his passing accuracy in the offseason.. I am not to sure he can, but lets see.

01-17-2012, 07:37 AM
John Elway through first 16 starts as QB, completion percentage, 46%

How many times do I have to tell you Donk morons?

You cannot compare 1983 with 2011 in terms of passing numbers.

Broncbow
01-17-2012, 07:38 AM
Tebow is still developing, forcing him to compete with a seasoned vet at this point of his development, would only exponentually add to the damage already done to this passing offense by Elway and company.

As far as I am concerned I want Tebow to go play for a team that would embrace the challenge of developing a young QB, rather than him being on one that is doing nothing more than stunting his growth and potential.

Peoples Champ
01-17-2012, 08:15 AM
How many times do I have to tell you Donk morons?

You cannot compare 1983 with 2011 in terms of passing numbers.

1983 passing team,
2011 running team

Kaylore
01-17-2012, 08:22 AM
Why can't it be both? Bring in competition but let Tebow start.

bendog
01-17-2012, 08:24 AM
If Elway would just let tim be tim and throw....

Steve Prefontaine
01-17-2012, 08:36 AM

Agreed.

01-17-2012, 09:50 AM
1983 passing team,
2011 running team

Doesn't make any difference.

1983 Elway would not complete 46 percent of his passes today. He'd rape the league like Cam Newton.

cmhargrove
01-17-2012, 09:54 AM

This.

I wish we had a good vet to teach Tebow the ropes. Quinn doesn't need to be here, although I could see us carrying him into next training camp. We need an over-the-hill former starter that could help Tebow identify coverages and windows of opportunity.

Peoples Champ
01-17-2012, 09:58 AM
Doesn't make any difference.

1983 Elway would not complete 46 percent of his passes today. He'd rape the league like Cam Newton.

If you put Elway in his 2nd year in this 2011 system and this running philosophy and only let him throw 10-15 times again, elway completes 46 percent even with 2011 passing rules, you think 2nd year elway would go 6-8 against the chiefs in arrowhead instead of Tebow going 2-8 ? No, people would be saying unleash the elway, just like they are saying unleash the tebow, im right and im out, later

01-17-2012, 10:42 AM
Even in 1983 Elway was throwing the ball more per game than Tebow.

There is no way he'd only throw 8 passes in a game in this modern era.

The reason your team plays so conservatively is because Tebow is garbage.

Turd_Ferguson
01-17-2012, 10:49 AM
Even in 1983 Elway was throwing the ball more per game than Tebow.

There is no way he'd only throw 8 passes in a game in this modern era.

The reason your team plays so conservatively is because Tebow is garbage.

Its a sad day when a Chiefs fan has to defend John Elway from Broncos fans comparing his passing ability to Tim Tebow

TheReverend
01-17-2012, 10:53 AM

We already know what Fox and McCoy's "QB competitions" look like.

razorwire77
01-17-2012, 12:05 PM

Because to the Tebownites Tim is a delicate flower that can do no wrong and never ever compete in any way, because it might hurt his widdle feelings; which is ironic because he's probably one of the most mentally tough and secure kids in the league.

The front office should be brought up on charges if they don't bring in a veteran QB to push Tebow. If for any reason, Tebow's playing style makes a solid backup a necessarity.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-17-2012, 12:17 PM
i say bring in a back up and hint at Tebow either he performs as expected for a QB at his exp level ie a qb that started 3 games in the 2010 season ,11 games plus 2 playoff games in the 2011 season.
How much is expected from a QB who was picked no 25 in the draft started a grand total of 16 games including 2 playoff games .

Butterscotch Stallion
01-17-2012, 12:42 PM
I would normally be all for competition.

however, this staff chose Orton over Tebow. so I'd rather take the qb guess work away from them.

Orange_Beard
01-17-2012, 01:06 PM
If it was up to me, we would move forward without you.

Garcia Bronco
01-17-2012, 01:06 PM
Comp will be brought in no matter what.

And lets be clear...I don't give a crap who the players provided they win and aren't one man crime waves in my community.