PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller's hit

Peoples Champ
01-16-2012, 12:49 PM
Does anyone have a video of Von Millers fight? I missed it at our party. I was knee deep in some jack and cokes / chips and salsa at the time.

I want to see it myself to see if it was cheap or not.

Broncos_OTM
01-16-2012, 12:59 PM
Does anyone have a video of Von Millers fight? I missed it at our party. I was knee deep in some jack and cokes / chips and salsa at the time.

I want to see it myself to see if it was cheap or not. what fight

Quoydogs
01-16-2012, 01:01 PM

It was more of a jumping shoulder to the back. Then the fight broke out and he looked pretty small all of a sudden. He was getting dragged around like a rag doll. Good thing his brothers were there to help him. Hilarious!

Tombstone RJ
01-16-2012, 01:02 PM

It really wasn't a big deal. The play was not over and Von was pissed that the pats pulled a bush league maneuver and punted on 3rd down. The ball was punted by princess brady and settled on like the 10 yard line, no player touched the ball and as the Broncos and pats players were semi-walking, semi jogging to the general area where the ball was, Von lowered his shoulder and laid into one of the pats offensive lineman.

Then a fight insued. You can thank the pats for that bs.

Peoples Champ
01-16-2012, 01:03 PM
It was more of a jumping shoulder to the back. Then the fight broke out and he looked pretty small all of a sudden. He was getting dragged around like a rag doll. Good thing his brothers were there to help him. Hilarious!

No video?

KO5K
01-16-2012, 01:07 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gfvVIqcMU8Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Someone should have laid Brady out on his ass.

The play was technically legal, but was a cheap shot.

Still not sure how Miller and Ayers drew personal foul penalties but the cheaters got away with nothing, guess thats cheaters for you.

Peoples Champ
01-16-2012, 01:11 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gfvVIqcMU8Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Still not sure how Miller and Ayers drew personal foul penalties but the cheaters got away with nothing, guess thats cheaters for you.

Ya i thought they always get the guy who retaliates ? I guess not when its new england, then they get the person who starts it (von miller).

Peoples Champ
01-16-2012, 01:21 PM
Ya i thought they always get the guy who retaliates ? I guess not when its new england, then they get the person who starts it (von miller).

he didnt even start something that bad, it was just your normal pushing/shoving match you see all the time in the NFL.

enjolras
01-16-2012, 01:27 PM
My opinion of Von went even higher when that happened. I love the fire. I love the spirit. I love the aggressiveness.

It was legal to punt on third down, but it was a message (hahaha we've beaten you so badly that we're punting on third down). Von's hit was also a message (and legal).

WolfpackGuy
01-16-2012, 01:28 PM
Someone literally should've knocked Brady's block off.

Never heard of a roughing the kicker drawing a fine.

Chris
01-16-2012, 01:40 PM
I would have been ok / thrilled if we accidentally / on purpose killed Brady at that point.

BroncoMan4ever
01-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Someone literally should've knocked Brady's block off.

Never heard of a roughing the kicker drawing a fine.

if that kicker were Brady not only would there be a massive fine, but a multi game suspension.

chadta
01-16-2012, 02:00 PM
My opinion of Von went even higher when that happened. I love the fire. I love the spirit. I love the aggressiveness.

It was legal to punt on third down, but it was a message (hahaha we've beaten you so badly that we're punting on third down). Von's hit was also a message (and legal).

i dont get it, few years ago everybody was crying that the pats were running up the scores, now they punt the ball away rather then run it up and they take heat for that too, i dont get what the big deal is

HAT
01-16-2012, 02:05 PM
i dont get it, few years ago everybody was crying that the pats were running up the scores, now they punt the ball away rather then run it up and they take heat for that too, i dont get what the big deal is

Me either....Plus, didn't Elway used to pooch punt every now and again?

cmhargrove
01-16-2012, 02:57 PM

Yep, I love what Von did - its good to know that our future team leaders have too much pride to stand still for an ass-whipping. Belichek definitely took it easy on us at the end of the game, but the Brady punt was definitely an in-your-face thing to get a good laugh.

Von's play was technically legal. Ayers committed a foul and deserved a flag. I just found myself absolutely dumbfounded that not a single Patriot got a flag. I mean #62 levels Von from behind and knocks him like a rag doll right in front of 2 officials - no flag for the Pats. Flag both sides in a fight like that, but to not flag #62 was a cheap ass move.

Anyway, season is over. It will be interesting to see of we remember #62 on our first special teams play next year against the Pats.

Powderaddict
01-16-2012, 02:59 PM
It was kind of cheap.

And I loved it. I want a defense that plays on the edge.

GreatBronco16
01-16-2012, 03:06 PM
I'm sorry Von, but if you're going to hit someone on a play like that, either pick someone smaller, or make sure you decleat his ass. I like the fire, but that was a sissy hit he put on that lineman.

Knuckle Dragger
01-16-2012, 03:41 PM
Call me old fashioned but I thought the Broncos bench should have cleared when the entire Patriots team joined in.

broncogary
01-16-2012, 03:45 PM
I'm sorry Von, but if you're going to hit someone on a play like that, either pick someone smaller, or make sure you decleat his ass. I like the fire, but that was a sissy hit he put on that lineman.

Exactly. Either hit him or don't.

gunns
01-16-2012, 04:34 PM
If we had been winning like that and our QB did that I would have no problem. If you don't like the other team sending messages that are embarrassing, don't put your team in that position. I just wish Brady would have broken his leg kicking the ball.

chadta
01-16-2012, 04:42 PM
Call me old fashioned but I thought the Broncos bench should have cleared when the entire Patriots team joined in.

i was wondering where the team was myself

Bronx33
01-16-2012, 05:53 PM
Just remember this vonn and use it next season.

Tombstone RJ
01-16-2012, 07:44 PM

you're canadian so you wouldn't get it. Seriously, if the pats wanted to be nice all they had to do was run the ball on 3rd down and then punt on 4th down. It was 3rd and long so a run play most likely would not have gotten them a first down, especially if they put in the crappiest RB and went up the middle.

That's what they should have done homey. Football 101, thanks for playing.

Tombstone RJ
01-16-2012, 07:47 PM
Me either....Plus, didn't Elway used to pooch punt every now and again?

yes, but on 4th down...

oubronco
01-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Thought it was funny that the ref put his arm on Ayers and he threw it off like **** you

Should've been offsetting personal fouls but whatever

KCStud
01-16-2012, 08:03 PM
Very poor form by Von. He embarrassed his team and city.

Tombstone RJ
01-16-2012, 08:06 PM

in the last 40 years the kc chefs have won a total 3 playoff games. Now that's embarrassing...

LOL

HAT
01-16-2012, 08:10 PM
yes, but on 4th down...

im pretty sure elway pooches on third....more than once.

KCStud
01-16-2012, 08:13 PM
in the last 40 years the kc chefs have won a total 3 playoff games. Now that's embarrassing...

LOL

And what does this have to do with the Broncos/Patriots fight again?

DBroncos4life
01-16-2012, 08:16 PM
And what does this have to do with the Broncos/Patriots fight again?

What is a KC fan doing posting here again?

Tombstone RJ
01-16-2012, 08:22 PM

hmmm, I thought they were 4th down pooch punts but ok.

KCStud
01-16-2012, 08:23 PM
What is a KC fan doing posting here again?

Oh didn't realize it was against the law to post on this website. :saywhat:

GreatBronco16
01-16-2012, 08:55 PM

Yes, I'm sure he did.::)

Now what is embarrassing is having your coaches phones and lamps bugged.ROFL!

That One Guy
01-16-2012, 10:22 PM

Ha! What a coincidence. My avatar looks like yours.

Hope we hear from ya soon, sweetheart.

broncocalijohn
01-16-2012, 10:26 PM
I think the announcer is a complete moron (Simms?). He likes the punt because you dont want your QB to get smashed on a blitz. How about you pull your QB out of the game with 3:08 to go and up by 35?

That One Guy
01-16-2012, 10:28 PM
If I remember the plays right, the pooch was immediately after a timeout Brady called when the Broncos flashed blitz. So the cowardly Broncos coaches were too scared to even make an effort to win the game after halftime but they were perfectly happy sending a blitz because the other team was trying to pick up a 3rd down? The Broncos could've went vanilla prevent if they just wanted to burn the clock and end the game - basically did the equivalent of what they did on offense. But, no, the Broncos wanted to keep blitzing so Brady called a TO, came back, and punted the ball away.

What's the issue again? This was a cheapshot (and a lame one, at that) by a team that was getting humiliated. They lost their dignity by not even putting up a fight so they thought they'd at least see THAT to completion by thinking some half-assed hit in the back would make things better.

broncocalijohn
01-16-2012, 10:33 PM

Elway pooched on 3rd down when it was 3rd and 20 and instead of taking a high risk, low reward chance of going for it on 3rd down, he would punt it and normally get some good distance on the punt as it was never returned and most didnt even know it was punted. It wasnt done at an end of a blowout.

ZONA
01-17-2012, 12:37 AM

I agree. I didn't think it was bush league at all. In fact, I saw it as more of we'll punt it so we don't score another TD and look like we're rubbing it in their faces. Miller's shot wasn't terrible, it's not like he laid the guy out or anything. As well, I don't think it was necessary. It didn't show me that he had any more or less fire in him. I think he's got that already, is a great player and a play like that doesn't make me think any more or less of him, likewise, I think if he didn't make the hit, I still wouldn't think more or less of him. Really a non issue and no big deal. Kinda fun to watch some scrums like that once in awhile. Maybe the most exciting thing to watch that day, hahaha.

cmhargrove
01-17-2012, 06:09 AM

Good try. We're proud of Von. Maybe he should have pulled an LJ and tackled someone by the hair?

That One Guy
01-17-2012, 06:14 AM
Good try. We're proud of Von. Maybe he should have pulled an LJ and tackled someone by the hair?

That was the only awesome thing LJ ever did.

Peoples Champ
01-17-2012, 06:24 AM

Last I checked nobody on the team or in the city is embarrassed by Von.

ppablo
01-17-2012, 07:38 AM
I'm glad that von took at shot at them... not embarrassed here!

Smiling Assassin27
01-17-2012, 08:19 AM

this. if you don't want that kind of stuff, then stop 'em legitimately, but von's gotta stay professional there, not start crap.

quick kicks are part of the game and elway did it more than once in his day. i guess brady could've just driven it down the field and humiliated us some more, there's that.

Liebs
01-17-2012, 10:03 AM
the pats wiped their ass with us, so I understand his frustration

Mogulseeker
01-17-2012, 10:34 AM

Can someone with football knowledge explain why this drew two penalties on us? The hit by Von was perfectly legal. Ayers was in the mix, but wasn't nearly involved as some of the Pats.

TheReverend
01-17-2012, 10:47 AM
Can someone with football knowledge explain why this drew two penalties on us? The hit by Von was perfectly legal. Ayers was in the mix, but wasn't nearly involved as some of the Pats.

1. Hitting someone in the back that doesnt have the ball is never legal...
2. There's not even an attempt to get his head around front
3. The ball is clearly being downed...
4. When things are starting to decelerate Ayers comes with a head of steam bull-rushing in and the Pats bench clears.

cmhargrove
01-17-2012, 04:38 PM
I didn't want to start a new thread for this pic, but it seemed to fit in the thread. Just wish this hit would have resulted in a fumble, or an injury...