01-16-2012, 08:58 AM
B

Per Chris Mortenson

TheReverend
Okay

Kaylore
If they Hire Allen away from us I will murder someone.

TheReverend
01-16-2012, 08:59 AM

I'll shrug and move on. Notasingle****wasgiven.jpeg

Miss I.
01-16-2012, 09:00 AM

I have suggestions for who and you know as a good and loyal wife I will alibi you. Being in England is a brilliant alibi.

BroncoBeavis
01-16-2012, 09:01 AM
McPalmer.

A match made in heaven. Please please make it so.

srphoenix
01-16-2012, 09:02 AM
just saw this... and it sucks. Let's hope they get confused and take McCoy over Allen.

gyldenlove
01-16-2012, 09:02 AM
McPalmer.

A match made in heaven. Please please make it so.

"Just cheat baby!"

gyldenlove
01-16-2012, 09:03 AM
I have suggestions for who and you know as a good and loyal wife I will alibi you. Being in England is a brilliant alibi.

It is me, isn't it?

ludo21
01-16-2012, 09:04 AM
meh, ive seen enough blowouts this season to last me a lifetime.

although i do like allen, just not when the D sucks ;D

Crushaholic
01-16-2012, 09:05 AM

"From hell's heart, I stab at thee. For hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee."

winstoncup bronco
01-16-2012, 09:06 AM
The head coaching farm must be sterile if Allen & McCoy keep getting HC interviews. Nothing against them personally, but what exactly has either of them done to be semi-hot commodities?

Miss I.
01-16-2012, 09:08 AM
It is me, isn't it?

Never. you know I adore you almost as much as Oleg, Hotrod, Kaylore, Chris Kuper, and Eric Decker. ;D

ScottXray
01-16-2012, 09:10 AM
I am a bit confused by this, and "not sure if SRS" pics come to mind.

They want to interview BOTH?

While Allen and McCoy seem to have gotten some flavor of the month status and both did passably good jobs, neither had THAT much success that the amount of credit they are recieving seems warranted.

My thought is that this is more of a move to weaken a division rival and not necessarily to install either as head coach in Oakville.

My bet is neither is offered the postion but one may be offered an "assistant HC" gig, and more to disrupt OUR coaching staff and off season than anything else. In Name position only and then let go after 1 or so years.

BroncoBeavis
01-16-2012, 09:25 AM
meh, ive seen enough blowouts this season to last me a lifetime.

although i do like allen, just not when the D sucks ;D

You must've slept through the 2010 season I'm guessing.

OBF1
01-16-2012, 09:26 AM
this makes me sad..... Enter sarcasim theme music.

Lestat
01-16-2012, 09:32 AM
not sure why the Allen hate. dude helped turn this defense around from likely the worst in the league to a solid D that just got it's glaring holes exposed late in the season.

DenverBroncosJM
01-16-2012, 09:37 AM
I like Allen, but I think with a good DT and great MLB though we can have a good defense regardless.

I don't want to be called an idiot but I don't think losing McCoy is that big of a deal. I could be and frequently am so who knows

mkporter
01-16-2012, 09:38 AM

This. I think Allen may grow into an excellent DC. I'm extremely ambivalent towards McCoy however.

yerner
01-16-2012, 09:41 AM
This. I think Allen may grow into an excellent DC. I'm extremely ambivalent towards McCoy however.

It's going to happening eventually. Hiring an up and coming guy like Allen means he won't be in one place very long I guess.

go_broncos
01-16-2012, 09:48 AM
Please take Mccoy ..

barryr
01-16-2012, 09:51 AM
After watching Allen's ideas of how to stop the great offenses, I am not all that upset if he left. If he truly believes stopping the best offenses and rushing a couple of guys and playing coverage, when you don't have enough cover guys as it is, then that isn't such a bright DC in my book, especially if he continues with that after the horrid results using such a scheme.

jsco70
01-16-2012, 09:52 AM
Despite getting handled by the Pats, I trust Allen is smart enough to know another opportunity will present himself in the next year to two. I can't imagine why anyone would want to takeover the Raiders. Particularly when they gutted their future to get Palmer. Aren't they out of the first round for the next couple of years?

hades
01-16-2012, 09:55 AM
What if one gets the HC gig, then takes the other to be either an assistant!

DomCasual
01-16-2012, 09:56 AM
Mr. McKenzie, sir, a person in Utah just called with what sounds like a good idea. He said we should consider interviewing a person named Slowick.

snowspot66
01-16-2012, 10:01 AM
not sure why the Allen hate. dude helped turn this defense around from likely the worst in the league to a solid D that just got it's glaring holes exposed late in the season.

Nobody hates him. In fact most of us love the jobs he's done with limited talent to work with. But it's been one year and it wasn't the kind of year that makes a guy sure fire head coaching material.

go_broncos
01-16-2012, 10:03 AM
If given choice, i want Allen to stay for one more year.
In case of Mccoy..how dumb can you be?..Running the same play again and again and again..

55CrushEm
01-16-2012, 10:10 AM
Paging Denver FO......After more than a decade.....can we PLEASE stop neglecting the DT position?

That is all.

teknic
01-16-2012, 10:12 AM
Nobody hates him. In fact most of us love the jobs he's done with limited talent to work with. But it's been one year and it wasn't the kind of year that makes a guy sure fire head coaching material.

Nolan had our D playing at a pretty high level in 2009 until McD was an idiot. And Nolan didn't even have Von Miller to work with.

I like Allen, he and Fox had the defense playing well this year. I hope he returns.

I wouldn't be too upset if McCoy is hired away though. I don't mind the guy, but I know there are better OCs out there.

TheReverend
01-16-2012, 10:13 AM
Paging Denver FO......After more than a decade.....can we PLEASE stop neglecting the DT position?

That is all.

http://sportsofboston.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/112311_Still.jpg

barryr
01-16-2012, 10:15 AM

That is all.

Not just the DL, but the defense in all spots. The defense still ranked in the 20's, starting some players at the DL, MLB, and CB spots who would not start or even see the field on really good defenses. Sure, it is better last or near the bottom, but they still lack talent all through the defense.

Ratboy
01-16-2012, 10:15 AM
I'll shrug and move on. Notasingle****wasgiven.jpeg

Maybe we can get Nolan back.

55CrushEm
01-16-2012, 10:19 AM
Not just the DL, but the defense in all spots. The defense still ranked in the 20's, starting some players at the DL, MLB, and CB spots who would not start or even see the field on really good defenses. Sure, it is better last or near the bottom, but they still lack talent all through the defense.

Yes, true. But dominant front 7 is more important. Look at the Giants in 2007. There secondary was crap....yet they still kicked the **** out of the Patriots in the Superbowl.

We haven't had a real MLB since Big Al left after 2006.....and we haven't had any good DTs since god knows when.

Didn't mean to derail the thread....my first post was to be more in agreement with the guy who said he wouldn't panic if Allen were lured away.....as long as we can get big talent upgrades at these positions.

barryr
01-16-2012, 10:26 AM
Yes, true. But dominant front 7 is more important. Look at the Giants in 2007. There secondary was crap....yet they still kicked the **** out of the Patriots in the Superbowl.

We haven't had a real MLB since Big Al left after 2006.....and we haven't had any good DTs since god knows when.

Didn't mean to derail the thread....my first post was to be more in agreement with the guy who said he wouldn't panic if Allen were lured away.....as long as we can get big talent upgrades at these positions.

Agreed, why I am not sold this team is really set at DE either. But just yesterday I posted about how the better defenses in the NFL all seem to have strong front sevens. Having a great secondary is great too, but means nothing if the front of your defense does nothing. DJ Williams himself has too many games where he is barely noticed.

DL and LB, as well as CB are areas this defense needs better talent and not backups and special teams guys starting and playing a lot.

BroncoBeavis
01-16-2012, 10:29 AM
Agreed, why I am not sold this team is really set at DE either. But just yesterday I posted about how the better defenses in the NFL all seem to have strong front sevens. Having a great secondary is great too, but means nothing if the front of your defense does nothing. DJ Williams himself has too many games where he is barely noticed.

DL and LB, as well as CB are areas this defense needs better talent and not backups and special teams guys starting and playing a lot.

A top DL can make crap CB's look good. I don't think the reverse is necessarily true.

doonwise
01-16-2012, 10:31 AM

THIS. Allen did a great job this year.

barryr
01-16-2012, 10:32 AM
A top DL can make crap CB's look good. I don't think the reverse is necessarily true.

Yep, it can, why the DL, both DT and DE need to be looked at seriously if they want this defense to ever be one of the best in the NFL.

TonyR
01-16-2012, 11:00 AM
Please please make it so.

Just curious if you're aware who Oakland's new GM is, and if you think he knows anything about football. He must be an idiot if he's looking at Allen and McCoy, right?

TonyR
01-16-2012, 11:05 AM
While Allen and McCoy seem to have gotten some flavor of the month status and both did passably good jobs, neither had THAT much success that the amount of credit they are recieving seems warranted.

Taking a team without much talent to 8-8 and a playoff win is success in many people's eyes. And understandably so.

CEH
01-16-2012, 11:07 AM
Just curious if you're aware who Oakland's new GM is, and if you think he knows anything about football. He must be an idiot if he's looking at Allen and McCoy, right?

A lot on this board think the HC is the same as the OC. No I would be really curious to talk with McCoy who was presented with a very unique situation and came up with a very creative and successful solution mid stream. I would want to know what he was thinking and what he did to pull it off. These are the type of traits I may want in a HC.

Most here just think we just need the rid outselves of McCOy so we can bring in the OC from Florida and all will be well with Tebow.

Rohirrim
01-16-2012, 02:19 PM
These two coaches assisted John Fox in getting a pretty crappy overall roster into the second round of the playoffs. From the ****tiest division in the NFL, it must be noted, but nonetheless. I'm not sure how good, or bad, they are. If they had a dynamite roster and still couldn't win, it would be obvious. Given what they had, and what they did with it, I'm guessing that's why they're getting interest around the league. But what do I know? I'm just some fan on a message board.

mkporter
01-16-2012, 02:30 PM

That is all.

We had one of the best FA signings at DT last year. Bunkney was a very good signing. We may still get something out of Ty Warren, too. Not to say we are set there forever, but DT was probably not one of our top 3 problems on defense. Mays is not an NFL quality starting MLB, we had poor depth at safety (some young guys to be fair), and we are in serious need of depth at CB. We are very fortunate that Harris turned out to be a quality player.

BroncoBeavis
01-16-2012, 02:31 PM

As I already told someone else... who they interview is irrelevant... they have to hit all the flavors of the month for the fans in addition to the guy(s) they really want. Ask me again when someone's made the hire.

And I've said nothing about Allen. Overall I like the job he's done, this last game notwithstanding. :)

BabyTO
01-16-2012, 02:39 PM
kill mccoy. losing mccoy and allen might be the best thing that could happen to this franchise.

Crow
01-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Probably just doing some recon, getting a little inside info on schemes and such. No way in hell will either of these guys lead the new look Oakland Raiders. Y'all can keep 'em.

Agamemnon
01-16-2012, 03:42 PM
Yet more proof that the people who run teams are just guessing most of the time like everyone else.

And please Raiders, hire McCoy.

orinjkrush
01-16-2012, 03:42 PM
interview question: "so, what do you see as our main weak spots and what would you do to correct them?"

thank you, that will be all.

Agamemnon
01-16-2012, 03:46 PM
interview question: "so, what do you see as our main weak spots and what would you do to correct them?"

McCoy: "You don't run enough on 1st down."

Allen: "Try more three man rush packages."

Hilarious!

orinjkrush
01-16-2012, 03:48 PM
McCoy: "You don't run enough on 1st down."

Allen: "Try more three man rush packages."

Hilarious!

Hilarious!

Cleo McDowell
01-16-2012, 03:51 PM
I wonder how much time Allen spent prepping for his interview last week.

@thegarymiller gary miller
Maybe Dennis Allen should have spent less time interviewing and more time game planning.

@thegarymiller gary miller
Wonder if Dennis Allen knew he had to devise defense to stop Tom Brady tonight. Too busy getting ready for meeting with silent stan.

14 Jan via web

R8R H8R
01-16-2012, 03:51 PM
My understanding is that this interview will be the 2nd HC interview for both of them, right?

They may not get either job, but it tells me that experienced football executives around the league think a lot of what these two coordinators did to help a rebuilding team with talent deficiencies on both sides on the ball. In their eyes, they both were instrumental in this franchise's turn around.

Specificially w/ McCoy, it doesn"t neccessarily mean they think he is a X's & O's genius, but it may mean they are really impressed with his leadership skills(more important, imo) and the ability to adjust the offense to his limited QB mid-season, and on the fly.

It doesn't take a genius to figure this out, but apparently it does take a football IQ larger than the typical message board fan.

Agamemnon
01-16-2012, 04:01 PM
My understanding is that this interview will be the 2nd HC interview for both of them, right?

They may not get either job, but it tells me that experienced football executives around the league think a lot of what these two coordinators did to help a rebuilding team with talent deficiencies on both sides on the ball. In their eyes, they both were instrumental in this franchise's turn around.

Specificially w/ McCoy, it doesn"t neccessarily mean they think he is a X's & O's genius, but it may mean they are really impressed with his leadership skills(more important, imo) and the ability to adjust the offense to his limited QB mid-season, and on the fly.

It doesn't take a genius to figure this out, but apparently it does take a football IQ larger than the typical message board fan.

This post would mean something if football execs didn't hire duds as head coaches nine times out of ten.

go_broncos
01-16-2012, 04:04 PM

Allen - need to rush only 3 guys..Rushing 4 is illegal in NFL.

Mccoy - you pass too much on first and second down.
need to run on first and second downs.
My vice president evaluates QB on 3rd down.
That's the reason i allowed my QB to pass only on 3rd down.

barryr
01-16-2012, 04:06 PM

I guess I would be more impressed if one of the better franchises was looking for a head coach and looking at these guys, but seems it is the same mediocre teams who have gone through many coaches looking at these guys, so do they really have sound judgment? I am sure they thought for sure the previous coaches they hired were great too. And I am not one saying that McCoy and Allen need to be replaced, but just like some of the players on this team, I need to see more out of them before I am sold.

BroncoBen
01-16-2012, 04:08 PM
If given choice, i want Allen to stay for one more year.
In case of Mccoy..how dumb can you be?..Running the same play again and again and again..

This is John Fox's MO... run the ball, control the clock, keep the score close with Defense, hopefully this keeps the scoreboard close in the 4th quarter giving the offense a chance to win the game.

This has been the formula all season, it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Drek
01-16-2012, 04:42 PM
I like the prospects of keeping McCoy for another year but if he chooses to go he is imminently replaceable.

Allen has a lot of potential, but Jack Del Rio and Steve Spagnuolo would likely both acquit themselves quite well with the players we have and the style of defense Fox will want us to run. Allen is far from the only good DC option in the world.

Hamrob
01-16-2012, 04:48 PM
This is a result of the rest of the NFL scratching their collective heads...and asking themselves...how the hell did the Broncos win the AFC WEST and beat the Steelers?

These guys much be the best thing since swiss cheese!

R8R H8R
01-16-2012, 04:50 PM
This post would mean something if football execs didn't hire duds as head coaches nine times out of ten.

This post would mean something if hiring great NFL coaches was as easy as going down to the local Texaco and getting a spark plug.

Bronco Yoda
01-16-2012, 04:56 PM
I just want some consistency right now in the staff. Really need to hit OTA's in full stride this year.

R8R H8R
01-16-2012, 04:59 PM
I guess I would be more impressed if one of the better franchises was looking for a head coach and looking at these guys, but seems it is the same mediocre teams who have gone through many coaches looking at these guys, so do they really have sound judgment? I am sure they thought for sure the previous coaches they hired were great too. And I am not one saying that McCoy and Allen need to be replaced, but just like some of the players on this team, I need to see more out of them before I am sold.

I personally don't think either guy is ready for, or will get either job, although I may be wrong. I was just explaining why I think they both are getting multiple interviews.

Whether or not they are quality franchises is really beside my point. Regardless, it is really flattering to a young assistant coach to be even thought about in the HC searching process. Remember how long it took Kubes to even get a sniff?

R8R H8R
01-16-2012, 04:59 PM
I just want some consistency right now in the staff. Really need to hit OTA's in full stride this year.

Agreed.

cutthemdown
01-16-2012, 05:03 PM
Funny we had an 8-8 yr, first yr coaches, nothing super special, and they get all these interviews, i think people just picking their brains, they won't get hired.

cutthemdown
01-16-2012, 05:03 PM
Its classic Raiders to interview tons of people. You make them explain what they were doing in their last job and why, you learn insight into the other teams plays.

extralife
01-16-2012, 05:10 PM

Broncos fans hate all assistant coaches ever and believe that if we replace all of them every year no matter what then....wait, what comes after that?

Rohirrim
01-16-2012, 05:25 PM
Probably just doing some recon, getting a little inside info on schemes and such. No way in hell will either of these guys lead the new look Oakland Raiders. Y'all can keep 'em.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=1810&dateline=1326602262

The "new look" Raiders? Hilarious!

Every time I see that picture I think of the music from the Little Rascals.

Soul-Bronco
01-16-2012, 05:33 PM
With Greg williams going to the rams to coach as DC i wonder if sean payton comes calling for dennis allen to return to the NO

Bronx33
01-16-2012, 05:37 PM
McKenzie must be impressed by McCoys first down play calling.

Bronx33
01-16-2012, 05:51 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=1810&dateline=1326602262

The "new look" Raiders? Hilarious!

Every time I see that picture I think of the music from the Little Rascals.

Al was not a pretty man.

eddie mac
01-16-2012, 05:53 PM
Our own fans must seriously overrate the talent on our roster if indeed they think the major problem is the co-oridinators. Some seem to forget that these 2 are the first in a long-line to sniff playoff action here and win a ****ing playoff game. Fair enough some individual players stepped up in certain scenarios and played their bollocks off and executed but approx 1/3 to 1/2 the ****ing roster are no more than practice squad players and that needs a lot of work.

Bronx33
01-16-2012, 05:55 PM
Calling run on first down every game is not the sign of a good coordinator.

eddie mac
01-16-2012, 06:06 PM
You really have to look at the bigger picture than just the individual playcalling. Fox/McCoy and Allen took a bunch of works in progrees and scrubs along with Tebow, Thomas, McGahee, Kuper, Bunkley, Doom, Miller, Williams, Bailey, Prater and Colquitt to the final 8.

bowtown
01-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Consistency is the most important thing with this young team. Hopefully both stay.

Houshyamama
01-16-2012, 06:58 PM
With Greg williams going to the rams to coach as DC i wonder if sean payton comes calling for dennis allen to return to the NO

As a DC? You're not allowed to hire away a coach and give him the same position right? His next position has to be a promotion if he's hired away.

Soul-Bronco
01-16-2012, 07:03 PM
As a DC? You're not allowed to hire away a coach and give him the same position right? His next position has to be a promotion if he's hired away.

Not sure, but i know greg williams is going from saints DC to rams DC as per nfl network

Popps
01-16-2012, 07:19 PM

Wow, you mean these two incompetent imbeciles who ruined our season and conspired to keep Tebow down?

Weird that so many teams are interested in these unqualified dolts, huh?

It's almost like the folks around this message board are off the mark... which I find very hard to believe.

DBroncos4life
01-16-2012, 08:05 PM
Wow, you mean these two incompetent imbeciles who ruined our season and conspired to keep Tebow down?

Weird that so many teams are interested in these unqualified dolts, huh?

It's almost like the folks around this message board are off the mark... which I find very hard to believe.

LOL McD fans telling people about unqualified dolts. Hilarious!

Popps
01-16-2012, 09:26 PM
Our own fans must seriously overrate the talent on our roster if indeed they think the major problem is the cooridinators. Some seem to forget that these 2 are the first in a long-line to sniff playoff action here and win a ****ing playoff game. Fair enough some individual players stepped up in certain scenarios and played their bollocks off and executed but approx 1/3 to 1/2 the ****ing roster are no more than practice squad players and that needs a lot of work.

This place is truly fascinating.

BroncoBeavis
01-16-2012, 09:42 PM
Our own fans must seriously overrate the talent on our roster if indeed they think the major problem is the co-oridinators. Some seem to forget that these 2 are the first in a long-line to sniff playoff action here and win a ****ing playoff game. Fair enough some individual players stepped up in certain scenarios and played their bollocks off and executed but approx 1/3 to 1/2 the ****ing roster are no more than practice squad players and that needs a lot of work.

We also tend to remember that the team was 1 and 4 with the same OC before this guy named Tebow started playing.

Swedish Extrovert
01-16-2012, 09:55 PM
The head coaching farm must be sterile if Allen & McCoy keep getting HC interviews. Nothing against them personally, but what exactly has either of them done to be semi-hot commodities?

Took a lousy 4-12 team and turned them into a division winner with a playoff victory a year later.

Face it guys, this is a well-coached football team.

Dedhed
01-16-2012, 11:15 PM
If they don't hire McCoy away from us I will murder someone.

Dedhed
01-16-2012, 11:15 PM
Took a lousy 4-12 team and turned them into a division winner with a playoff victory a year later.

Face it guys, this is a well-coached football team.

1-4

extralife
01-16-2012, 11:21 PM
yeah, we were 1-4.

then we went to the playoffs.

what part of that do you not understand?

oh wait, I get it--tim tebow was the renegade QB that didn't listen to his coaches and rallied the team behind him and only him and won the games he did despite all the coaching and then saved the world and

eddie mac
01-17-2012, 12:20 AM
We also tend to remember that the team was 1 and 4 with the same OC before this guy named Tebow started playing.

Indeed BB, in actual fact I think we were 1-8 (didn't really follow pre-season cos we looked awful) but then again I tend to think that came as much down to new coaching staff, new players and no offseason and Tebow did look woeful in training camp.

Agamemnon
01-17-2012, 12:43 AM
This post would mean something if hiring great NFL coaches was as easy as going down to the local Texaco and getting a spark plug.

Ah so you agree, they're pretty much just guessing with these hires most of the time.

BroncoBeavis
01-17-2012, 05:40 AM
Indeed BB, in actual fact I think we were 1-8 (didn't really follow pre-season cos we looked awful) but then again I tend to think that came as much down to new coaching staff, new players and no offseason and Tebow did look woeful in training camp.

Thats ok. Nobody follows preseason. An the W/L in preseason is meaningless. Completely.

BroncoBeavis
01-17-2012, 07:24 AM
See here's the kind of mindless crap the media puts out on McCoy and then everyone wonders why teams are interviewing him to make the fans happy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/fox-elway-agree-tim-tebow-earned-start-2012-221258523.html

McCoy was the man who brilliantly welded the option offense Tebow ran under Urban Meyer at Florida with specific passing looks more attuned to an NFL sensibility.

That may be one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

cutthemdown
01-17-2012, 07:42 AM
McCoy did a great job figuring out how to run the option in the NFL. He's the first coach in the modern NFL history to get a team to the playoffs running a majority option attack.

I sure hope the coaches stay. It's not smart to get new coaches every friggin yr. This new younger, throw it away if your not instantly gratified type thinking the younger crowd has nowdays is very scary and sad for our country.

cutthemdown
01-17-2012, 07:45 AM
Reading these posts is a window into why great football minds like McDaniels can't be great head coaches when they are too young. Young people aren't patient, don't wait for situations to cool off before making a decision, and react like little napaleons when they do make a move.

When Josh Mcdaniels is in his late 40's, 50's i bet he wins a Superbowl as a head coach. By then he will be an adult.

TonyR
01-17-2012, 07:48 AM
Its classic Raiders...

Why do so many keep acting like this is the "same old Raiders"? Al Davis is dead and the organization brought in a new GM from one of the best organizations in football.

TonyR
01-17-2012, 07:49 AM
1-4

Fyi, we also ended the <strike>regular</strike> season 1-4.

BroncoBeavis
01-17-2012, 08:43 AM
Fyi, we also ended the regular season 1-4.

Really? How's that.

TonyR
01-17-2012, 09:36 AM
Really? How's that.

D'oh! (see my edit)

TheReverend
01-17-2012, 10:22 AM
Fyi, we also ended the <strike>regular</strike> season 1-4.

How sad of you.

TonyR
01-17-2012, 11:34 AM
How sad of you.

LOL Yup, I had to fake my way through that one!

R8R H8R
01-17-2012, 12:16 PM
Ah so you agree, they're pretty much just guessing with these hires most of the time.

No, I don't agree...but please carry on.

Rohirrim
01-17-2012, 01:19 PM
It just occurred to me. We're having more substantive and reasonable discussions now over on the WRP board than we are on the main board. Ha!

mwill07
01-17-2012, 02:03 PM
McCoy did a great job figuring out how to run the option in the NFL. He's the first coach in the modern NFL history to get a team to the playoffs running a majority option attack.

he most certainly was not.

The 2004-06 Falcons w/ Vick & Dunn were a read option team. 11-5 in 2004, made it to conf championship game.

Ranked 1st in the league in rushing yards all three seasons.

OC was Greg Knapp, who is currently the QB coach for Hou.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-17-2012, 02:35 PM
See here's the kind of mindless crap the media puts out on McCoy and then everyone wonders why teams are interviewing him to make the fans happy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/fox-elway-agree-tim-tebow-earned-start-2012-221258523.html

That may be one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

That is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board, and this is at least the 3rd time I've seen you post something along that line. NFL teams are not going to waste their time and money to bring in someone they view as unqualified or incompetent, just becaue they think that's who the fans want interviewed. That's ****ing hilarious that you actually think that.

BroncoBeavis
01-17-2012, 02:43 PM
That is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board, and this is at least the 3rd time I've seen you post something along that line. NFL teams are not going to waste their time and money to bring in someone they view as unqualified or incompetent, just becaue they think that's who the fans want interviewed. That's ****ing hilarious that you actually think that.

Hey, if you want to believe that McCoy brought in parts of Urban Meyers' UF Spread Offense, be my guest. You'd be wrong of course, but that's never stopped you before. :)

Hercules Rockefeller
01-17-2012, 02:51 PM
Hey, if you want to believe that McCoy brought in parts of Urban Meyers' UF Spread Offense, be my guest. You'd be wrong of course, but that's never stopped you before. :)

Congratulations on completely missing the point of my post.

Once again, you've claimed at least 3 times that I've seen that the reason McCoy is being interviewed is because he's some sort of media creation as a "hot" coaching candidate. And again, that's ****ing hilarious that you believe actually that.

Yep, the Dolphins, Rams, and Raiders wanted to interview McCoy to make their fans happy because ESPN and other media outlets are apparently pimping him in some way.

Try again.

BroncoBeavis
01-17-2012, 03:00 PM
Congratulations on completely missing the point of my post.

Once again, you've claimed at least 3 times that I've seen that the reason McCoy is being interviewed is because he's some sort of media creation as a "hot" coaching candidate. And again, that's ****ing hilarious that you believe actually that.

Yep, the Dolphins, Rams, and Raiders wanted to interview McCoy to make their fans happy because ESPN and other media outlets are apparently pimping him in some way.

Try again.

I also said I hoped I was wrong :)

Hopefully the Dolphins look at a guy who says... well I went in at halftime, thought hard and made some significant adjustments, decided maybe we should try passing on 1st down once, and look, it won us the game in OT!... I hope they look at that guy and say "Head Coach Material" Truth be told, I'd much rather the Fade take him.

Still a long shot he goes anywhere. But my fingers are crossed.

eddie mac
01-17-2012, 03:01 PM
Thats ok. Nobody follows preseason. An the W/L in preseason is meaningless. Completely.

Preseason took a whole new meaning this year considering there was basically no training camp especially for blending in rookies and for new coaches to set up. Where do you think Fox based his decision on Orton over Tebow from and to be fair it was the right decision at that time. Tebow didn't do anywhere near enough to win the job over Orton. It was Orton's to lose and he duly did that and Tebow was/is the first to admit he didn't do enough in training camp/pre-season to warrant the start.

Hindsight's a funny thing and at the end of the day Tebow took his chance when he was given it.

Butterscotch Stallion
01-17-2012, 03:12 PM
Preseason took a whole new meaning this year considering there was basically no training camp especially for blending in rookies and for new coaches to set up. Where do you think Fox based his decision on Orton over Tebow from and to be fair it was the right decision at that time. Tebow didn't do anywhere near enough to win the job over Orton. It was Orton's to lose and he duly did that and Tebow was/is the first to admit he didn't do enough in training camp/pre-season to warrant the start.

Hindsight's a funny thing and at the end of the day Tebow took his chance when he was given it.

Tebow did outperform Orton in actual game tape the season before. Just sayin'.

But, I understand your point.

eddie mac
01-17-2012, 03:23 PM
Tebow did outperform Orton in actual game tape the season before. Just sayin'.

But, I understand your point.

He probably did but according to reports Tim was that bad in training camp even Quinn bypassed him, now that in itself was something no-one thought would occur and it made a very difficult decision at that time a lot easier on the coaches.

BroncoBeavis
01-17-2012, 03:25 PM

Orton already lost the job the year before, and had already had far more opportunity than what we've been told Tebow deserves, even though he'd been in the league for years.

BroncoBeavis
01-17-2012, 03:29 PM
He probably did but according to reports Tim was that bad in training camp even Quinn bypassed him, now that in itself was something no-one thought would occur and it made a very difficult decision at that time a lot easier on the coaches.

Is that the report where Fox said he thought the reporter must've been talking to the team cook because he doesn't know where it came from?

The whole camp 'competition' thing was BS. It was what they had to say in order to reinforce the decision they'd already made, which was to go with Orton. Part of that was probably Fox's nature. He was more comfortable with a vet managing games in his conservative system than with a rookie who'd probably turn the ball over a lot and take chances.

In the end, that wasn't the right decision.

ColoradoBuff
01-18-2012, 03:03 PM
McCoy turns down interview for Raiders HC job

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19768569