01-16-2012, 07:34 AM
Is squid coming back next year?

ludo21
01-16-2012, 07:34 AM
this would help our nickel corner position

KO5K
01-16-2012, 07:40 AM
Yes.

I saw a photo of him leaving the building yesterday after the player's cleared out their lockers.

Swedish Extrovert
01-16-2012, 08:03 AM
Yeah he will. With him, Harris and Vaughn we actually have a solid Nickel-Dime-Quarter rotation. We just need someone to start opposite Bailey.

Kaylore
01-16-2012, 08:21 AM
Yeah he will. With him, Harris and Vaughn we actually have a solid Nickel-Dime-Quarter rotation. We just need someone to start opposite Bailey.

This is assuming they can continue to develop and didn't collect too much rust.

I think we all forgot how banged up the secondary tends to get. It reminded me of how Shahahan would keep 7-8 DB's on the roster in anticipation of this.

Lestat
01-16-2012, 09:30 AM
fixed it for you :yayaya:
Yeah he will. With him, Harris and Vaughn we actually have a solid Nickel-Dime-Quarter rotation. We just need Morris Claiborne to start opposite Bailey.

barryr
01-16-2012, 09:45 AM
I hope not. He will be 34 years old and is just an average CB as it is.

Cito Pelon
01-20-2012, 06:43 PM

This fits in with the Dre Kirkpatrick thread, those three are good for the nickle back rotation and good ST'rs, good depth all around CB's, Vaughn and Squid have shown return abilities, but need to upgrade at the outside CB pretty quick.

Chris
01-20-2012, 06:53 PM
I hope not. He will be 34 years old and is just an average CB as it is.

I think you're referring to Goodie. Squid is Sydquan Thompson... 2nd or 3rd year corner (remember he was a 6th or 7th rounder for us).

RaiderH8r
01-20-2012, 07:09 PM
This is assuming they can continue to develop and didn't collect too much rust.

I think we all forgot how banged up the secondary tends to get. It reminded me of how Shahahan would keep 7-8 DB's on the roster in anticipation of this.

Tuten's gone. Problem solved.

KipCorrington25
01-20-2012, 07:21 PM
What's Parish Cox up to these days?

IHaveALight
01-20-2012, 08:22 PM
What's Parish's Cox up to these days?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ilsd2ajX6qk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Swedish Extrovert
01-20-2012, 08:34 PM
This fits in with the Dre Kirkpatrick thread, those three are good for the nickle back rotation and good ST'rs, good depth all around CB's, Vaughn and Squid have shown return abilities, but need to upgrade at the outside CB pretty quick.

I could get on board with Bailey-Kirkpatrick with a rotation of Harris-Squid-Vaugn.

In a pass happy league, that nickel position is practically a starter...

Drek
01-21-2012, 02:04 AM
I could get on board with Bailey-Kirkpatrick with a rotation of Harris-Squid-Vaugn.

In a pass happy league, that nickel position is practically a starter...

I think its a horrible idea for us to roll the dice on a rookie corner as our #2 right out of the gate.

I'd rather see us sign Grimes (28, ATL), Carr (26, KC), or Porter (26, NO) to be our #2 out of the gate and then draft CB within the first three rounds anyway, even at #25 if someone like Kirkpatrick fell to us. Then we'll have the FA from above and Champ starting, Harris and the rookie sharing the workload at nickel and dime, while Squid and Vaughn give an extra layer of depth for when the inevitable injuries hit our secondary.

While I prefer Harris as a CB it would also give us the flexibility to use him some as a FS should the safeties get hit with injuries like they did this year.

Long term when Bailey needs to move to safety or retires we put the better of Harris and our 2012 drafted rookie in his place. Not long after that the other is starting in place of the FA we'd acquire this year. Both would be starting within probably 4 years.