PDA

View Full Version : Headline I want to see: "Elway considering Dan Mullen to replace McCoy"

MacGruder
01-15-2012, 09:05 PM
This is the headline I WANT to see.. how about you?

Dan Mullen was Tebow's offensive coordinator when he was at Florida,. I think he was the real brains of Urban Meyer's offense.. at the very least he was the cajones...

When he left, before Tebow's senior year, the offense became very predictable and ultra conservative.

And Mullen's new team was very aggressive and played extremely fast and loose... that's exactly what the Broncos offense needs.

Another great candidate would be Mike Shula who was Cam Newton's QB coach this year and also tried desperately to recruit Tebow when he was head coach at Alabama...

Denver724
01-15-2012, 09:19 PM

Dan Mullen was Tebow's offensive coordinator when he was at Florida,. I think he was the real brains of Urban Meyer's offense.. at the very least he was the cajones...

When he left, before Tebow's senior year, the offense became very predictable and ultra conservative.

And Mullen's new team was very aggressive and played extremely fast and loose... that's exactly what the Broncos offense needs.

Another great candidate would be Mike Shula who was Cam Newton's QB coach this year and also tried desperately to recruit Tebow when he was head coach at Alabama...

No.

theAPAOps5
01-15-2012, 09:21 PM
Based on your thread title, where is the link?

Oh wait just speculation and John Elway really isn't considering him.

ZONA
01-15-2012, 09:22 PM

So where is the link to the article saying Elway is considering Mullen?

Yeah, he got us. I hate when people start their threads off like that so you open it and it's a "gotcha" thread. Lame.

Agamemnon
01-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Both would probably be better than McCoy (that bar is very, very low after all), but since this thread has nothing to do with reality, but is instead pure fantasy, this thread fails. Big shock seeing who started it...

MacGruder
01-15-2012, 09:26 PM
Lighten up people.. geez..

Have a little fun..

What headline do you want to see?

JDB7821
01-15-2012, 09:29 PM
At least you wouldn't have to see that your under-performing offensive coordinator was replaced by the OC who directed the worst offense in the league.

I don't know why people want to replace McCoy so quickly. I thought he adapted well to the talent he had. If they bring in some more pieces and the offense still sucks, then I would consider a change.

Agamemnon
01-15-2012, 09:31 PM

Have a little fun..

"MacGruder dies in a plane crash."

MacGruder
At least you wouldn't have to see that your under-performing offensive coordinator was replaced by the OC who directed the worst offense in the league.

I don't know why people want to replace McCoy so quickly. I thought he adapted well to the talent he had. If they bring in some more pieces and the offense still sucks, then I would consider a change.

I meant more so if McCOy got a new job - like head coach of Miami.. But I do think if the Broncos were smart they would bring in someone more experienced in a Tebow friendly offense.. or at least someone who knows how to develop QBs.

scorpio

Have a little fun..

"Citizens of America Decide That MacGruder is Too Stupid to Use the Internet."

MacGruder
01-15-2012, 09:32 PM
"MacGruder dies in a plane crash."

You are one serious drama queen.

You act like I did something to you personally.....

MacGruder
01-15-2012, 09:33 PM
"Citizens of America Decide That MacGruder is Too Stupid to Use the Internet."

It's backwards.. most the people here are too stupid to know what should be obvious.. and then blame me for having to explain it to them.

Goobzilla
01-15-2012, 09:33 PM
Lame.

oubronco
01-15-2012, 09:35 PM
Extremely Lame

OBF1
This message is hidden because MacGruder is on your ignore list.

Those that do not, deserve to hear his crap every day.... and are not much better than him to boot. Keep it classy OM, argue with the mentally challenged.

MacGruder
Lame.

Sorry bro.. I didn't think it would cause so much pain..

JDB7821
01-15-2012, 09:36 PM
I meant more so if McCOy got a new job - like head coach of Miami.. But I do think if the Broncos were smart they would bring in someone more experienced in a Tebow friendly offense.. or at least someone who knows how to develop QBs.

Gotcha. Even still, I thought he did a good job of getting Tebow into a comfort zone. What Tebow did in college is never going to be used full time in the NFL. It's smart to use similar concepts to get him acclimated to the speed of the game though. I think you'll see way less of the option next year, especially with Elway working with him in the offseason. It's the only natural evolution for Tebow, he's going to have to adapt to an NFL passing game.

strafen
01-15-2012, 09:39 PM

I get what you mean...
However, that doesn't trump the fact Tebow needs to improve as a pocket passer.
Working around that huge issue won't make the problem go away...

Rohirrim
01-15-2012, 09:39 PM
TJ's call for substance has obviously failed. :puff:

Ratboy
01-15-2012, 09:43 PM
"MacGruder banned from the internet for life"

MacGruder
01-15-2012, 09:44 PM
Guys. keep in mind that if the Broncos bring in a great runner to complement McGahee I think it would solve this offenses problems. Especially if they get some diverse backs that complement Tebow's style of offense in college.

I agree that they shouldn't go too far towards his college offense.. but having someone that knows that style may be able to know how to translate it to a more conventional NFL offense. But heck.. anything would be better than what they were doing this year! Just way way too predictable.. Mullen is the complete opposite of predictable.

ghwk
01-15-2012, 09:48 PM

Have a little fun..

I want to see the headline that says "I MacGruder have been a douche and will leave the Mane forever".

Hey you asked and it would be a win win for everyone...

Turd_Ferguson
01-15-2012, 09:49 PM
"300 lbs fat man known only as MacGruder loses hands in Tim Tebow inspired masturbation accident. Hopes of ever typing again...ZERO"

MacGruder
01-15-2012, 09:50 PM
This is the first time I have actually deserved any abuse.. I guess I felt I at least wanted my money's worth...

MacGruder
01-15-2012, 09:51 PM
"300 lbs fat man known only as MacGruder loses hands in Tim Tebow inspired masturbation accident. Hopes of ever typing again...ZERO"

Wow.. this is some serious projecting.. LOL

Fascinating..

24champ
01-15-2012, 09:53 PM
"Macgruder projects himself off a bridge."

MacGruder
01-15-2012, 09:57 PM
Big surprise.. it's a wonder why this franchise is in such shambles...

These are the same people that got McD fired, let Elway come in and then let him hire Fox and then let them play Orton over Tebow..!

It's not a surprise they don't have any ideas about how to fix the mess they created.

Mogulseeker
01-15-2012, 10:03 PM

rep

Shananahan
01-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Now is a perfect time to consider regulating MacGruder to a Tebow Offseason Subforum until next season.

RMT
half of the thread reads "This message is hidden because MacGruder is on your ignore list."

multiple identical posts that I'm certain are hiding even more absolutely worthless and pointless rhetoric ... lol

MacGruder
rep

Someone else outs their self.. classic

MacGruder
01-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Now is a perfect time to consider regulating MacGruder to a Tebow Offseason Subforum until next season.

They should make a board just for the witch hunters...

Mogulseeker
01-15-2012, 10:08 PM

This is hilarious... I cannot read most of the posts in the thread because the majority of them are from people that I've put on iggy. But what's hilarious is that the posts that I am seeing are ripping into MacGruder, so it's probably good.

MacGruder
01-15-2012, 10:10 PM
This is hilarious... I cannot read most of the posts in the thread because the majority of them are from people that I've put on iggy. But what's hilarious is that the posts that I am seeing are ripping into MacGruder, so it's probably good.

Yes.. ripping into me for being right and proving all of them wrong. You'd think they'd listen by now... but if they did they wouldn't be idiots.

There's no off position for the idiot switch.

Mogulseeker
01-15-2012, 10:10 PM

Unfortunately, you have dictation software now, so you don't even have to type (don't tell MacGruder though).

Mogulseeker
01-15-2012, 10:12 PM
Note to MacGruder:

Turd_Ferguson
01-15-2012, 10:21 PM
Unfortunately, you have dictation software now, so you don't even have to type (don't tell MacGruder though).

Hell maybe the thought of never pleasuring himself to Tebow again will make him go mute.

theAPAOps5
01-15-2012, 10:21 PM

Those that do not, deserve to hear his crap every day.... and are not much better than him to boot. Keep it classy OM, argue with the mentally challenged.

Says the guy who posted in the thread started by someone he supposedly has on ignore. All the while telling us to ignore the thread and poster that he is supposedly ignoring even though he is posting in a thread he claims to have ignored.

Its Science::) :kiss:;)

Mogulseeker
01-15-2012, 10:23 PM
Hell maybe the thought of never pleasuring himself to Tebow again will make him go mute.

He'll be waiting for the Tim Tebow fleshlight... then he'll be back.

MacGruder
01-15-2012, 10:26 PM
The saddest part is you all think you are witty with your little message board banter...

People really don't get more worthless than you.. but that's probably why you are homers in the first place... and why your team is in the position it is..

theAPAOps5
01-15-2012, 10:28 PM
Oh my, fat boy got his feelings hurt. Its okay, release the anger, let it go, it will heal you. Don't turn to hoho's and twinkies anymore. Go on a message board and call others out.

RELEASE YOUR DEMONS

Turd_Ferguson
01-15-2012, 10:30 PM
The saddest part is you all think you are witty with your little message board banter...

People really don't get more worthless than you.. but that's probably why you are homers in the first place... and why your team is in the position it is..

Homers hahaha says the biggest ****ing Tebow homer of all time. You joined a message board of a team you don't even like to suck off your hero a little...

MacGruder
01-15-2012, 10:32 PM
Oh my, fat boy got his feelings hurt. Its okay, release the anger, let it go, it will heal you. Don't turn to hoho's and twinkies anymore. Go on a message board and call others out.

RELEASE YOUR DEMONS

You're projecting again...

You are angry with me for what? For pointing out how delusional you and your fellow homers are? lol

As if it's my fault....

MacGruder
01-15-2012, 10:35 PM
Homers hahaha says the biggest ****ing Tebow homer of all time. You joined a message board of a team you don't even like to suck off your hero a little...

Suck off?

See.. you are projecting again.

There is no one that sucks off a guy more than you Elway homers here. Which is why you crucify me for your own behavior... just like fat boy above with his weight problem..

I'm here to celebrate something of value... Tebow has proven his value. Just as I said all along.

And yet you are STILL in denial about it and your own denial about Elway and Fox's shortcomings are driviing you all crazy inside..

theAPAOps5
01-15-2012, 10:38 PM
You're projecting again...

You are angry with me for what? For pointing out how delusional you and your fellow homers are? lol

As if it's my fault....

HA you are by definition a homer. Your dream boy can NEVER do any wrong.

Stop Projecting.

DHallblows
01-15-2012, 10:39 PM
el oh el MacGruder

MacGruder
01-15-2012, 10:40 PM
HA you are by definition a homer. Your dream boy can NEVER do any wrong.

Stop Projecting.

My "dream boy" proved I was right all along...

And that is why you are so bitter... and it proves how ignorant and delusional you homers were for not seeing it.

Archer81
01-15-2012, 11:06 PM
Someone else outs their self.. classic

Their self is not correct grammar, is it? Or is that how your people speak on planet Clendathu?

:Broncos:

Kaylore
01-15-2012, 11:11 PM
MacGruder witch hunts for his penis to no avail.

MacGruder
01-15-2012, 11:20 PM
MacGruder witch hunts for his penis to no avail.

Whoooaaa!

Now that's a projection..

They'll never learn...

MacGruder
01-15-2012, 11:20 PM
Their self is not correct grammar, is it? Or is that how your people speak on planet Clendathu?

Attacking grammar... the surest sign someone has lost the argument.

Archer81
01-15-2012, 11:23 PM
Attacking grammar... the surest sign someone has lost the argument.

We were arguing? And if it were grammar smack, I would have corrected you. This I did not do. I simply asked a question.

Someone is projecting.

MacGruder
01-15-2012, 11:27 PM
We were arguing? And if it were grammar smack, I would have corrected you. This I did not do. I simply asked a question.

Someone is projecting.

You obviously have some argument - beef.

And it wasn't projecting.. maybe paranoia.. but can you blame me? Of course you can... You'll find a way..

Archer81
01-15-2012, 11:29 PM
You obviously have some argument - beef.

And it wasn't projecting.. maybe paranoia.. but can you blame me? Of course you can... You'll find a way..

You are paranoid about people responding to your posts on a message board?

MacGruder
01-15-2012, 11:31 PM
You are paranoid about people responding to your posts on a message board?

Here? about being attacked... slightly.. yes. How could I not be? lol

That's what happens during a witch hunt..

cutthemdown
01-15-2012, 11:31 PM
But..... if the Broncos really are going to try and perfect this, meld into a NFL attack, it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring in some coaches that know a lot about the read/option attack.

Archer81
01-15-2012, 11:34 PM
Here? about being attacked... slightly.. yes. How could I not be? lol

That's what happens during a witch hunt..

You realize you actually minimize the impact of the phrase witch hunt when you compare what is rightfully happening to you to people being stoned, drowned, quartered, buried alive and burned at the stake, yes?

MacGruder
01-15-2012, 11:37 PM
You realize you actually minimize the impact of the phrase witch hunt when you compare what is rightfully happening to you to people being stoned, drowned, quartered, buried alive and burned at the stake, yes?

It's the same idea.. just on a smaller scale. The same kind of mentality - sheep - herd mentality.

Scapegoating.

Archer81
01-15-2012, 11:43 PM
It's the same idea.. just on a smaller scale. The same kind of mentality - sheep - herd mentality.

Scapegoating.

No. No it is'nt. No one is persecuting you for the things you say. You are being mocked because what you say is completely off the wall. You being mocked on a message board from the safety of your own home does not equal people being murdered to satiate a mob's blood lust.

When you use a phrase or word incorrectly, it eventually ceases to have the meaning it is supposed to have. What's next? You are going to equate being mocked to the holocaust?

MacGruder
01-15-2012, 11:50 PM
No. No it is'nt. No one is persecuting you for the things you say. You are being mocked because what you say is completely off the wall. You being mocked on a message board from the safety of your own home does not equal people being murdered to satiate a mob's blood lust.

When you use a phrase or word incorrectly, it eventually ceases to have the meaning it is supposed to have. What's next? You are going to equate being mocked to the holocaust?

There are different levels of witch hunting.. but they come from the same place - zealotry/small mindedness/group think.

If people would realize this I don't think there would be the issues there are in fandom. That is my point.. that is why it is imperative people realize it's a witch hunt. I have seen it all over the Broncos message boards in regard to "Tebow fans".

And attacking someone because what they say seems "off the wall" is the entire point. Attacking someone for being different.. that is the very definition of a witch hunt.. you still don't get it. You are too far in it to even see it.

BroncoMan4ever
01-16-2012, 12:23 AM
i would love to hear that Kubiak was coming to Denver as the OC/Assistant HC, but that is a dream considering he has pretty full job security with the job he has done with Houston this year. Another I would love to hear is, Rick Dennison is taking over as OC.

both of them would be an improvement over McCoy and would be better at potentially developing Tebow

Jay3
01-16-2012, 04:35 AM
Dan Mullen sucks. He wasn't some genious.

He had Tim Tebow against college players, with the Pouncey twins on the o-line and Percy Harvin to play the slot.

go_broncos
01-16-2012, 04:59 AM
TJ - Can you please ban Macgruder.

MacGruder
01-16-2012, 05:38 AM
Dan Mullen sucks. He wasn't some genious.

He had Tim Tebow against college players, with the Pouncey twins on the o-line and Percy Harvin to play the slot.

He did a good job at Miss state with a bunch of crap.

The drop-off the next season without him with Urban Meyer in his place was very noticeable. It was like going from McD to Fox offensively.

MacGruder
01-16-2012, 05:39 AM

Florida fans throwing someone under the bus... what a surprise. Reminds me of what they did when Tebow left.. "Brantley will be even better" lol

Jay3
01-16-2012, 06:31 AM
He did a good job at Miss state with a bunch of crap.

The drop-off the next season without him with Urban Meyer in his place was very noticeable. It was like going from McD to Fox offensively.

He didn't really do that good at MSU.

The drop-off was noticeable, but not too bad -- in looking for a pro OC, the standard has to something other than "Better than Rick Addazio."

Using Tebow is not really a subtle, genius thing. I don't agree with the notion that he's "screwed" in a conventional offense. Nor do I think he's there yet.

The principles should be moving the pocket a lot, rolling him out, and spreading out the defense to make it harder for them to stack the box.

That's why the "spread" formation is more important than having an "option" for Tebow. He's a QB that can punish a box that is not stacked. So move receivers and tight ends so far out that the box can only have 6 in it. Let Tebow audible when he wants to keep it for a run, or just keep it anyway.

That should be the most basic principle around which the offense is built -- the idea of "we don't need a running back. We spread them out to remove guys from the box. If they cheat and leave them in the box, we throw. If they follow the receivers and TE's outside, Tebow gets 5."

Spider
01-16-2012, 06:42 AM

LOLLOL

CEH
01-16-2012, 06:45 AM

The drop-off was noticeable, but not too bad -- in looking for a pro OC, the standard has to something other than "Better than Rick Addazio."

Using Tebow is not really a subtle, genius thing. I don't agree with the notion that he's "screwed" in a conventional offense. Nor do I think he's there yet.

The principles should be moving the pocket a lot, rolling him out, and spreading out the defense to make it harder for them to stack the box.

That's why the "spread" formation is more important than having an "option" for Tebow. He's a QB that can punish a box that is not stacked. So move receivers and tight ends so far out that the box can only have 6 in it. Let Tebow audible when he wants to keep it for a run, or just keep it anyway.

That should be the most basic principle around which the offense is built -- the idea of "we don't need a running back. We spread them out to remove guys from the box. If they cheat and leave them in the box, we throw. If they follow the receivers and TE's outside, Tebow gets 5."

I agree. If Denver wants to continue with Tebow we need players to go sideline to sideline not down the field. We have that now. We need to spread the defense out.

Spider
01-16-2012, 06:48 AM
I agree. If Denver wants to continue with Tebow we need players to go sideline to sideline not down the field. We have that now. We need to spread the defense out.

that was my suggestion vs the pats this game , we just didnt have the weapons ..but our secondary was exposed big time ......

Steve Sewell
01-16-2012, 07:02 AM

You are a Gators fan, not a Broncos fan. Stop polluting this board.

Jay3
01-16-2012, 07:04 AM

If I had to try to express succinctly what makes Tebow so effective, it's the unique combination of inside running ability and deep passing ability.

This is why spreading it out creates an impossible choice for the defense: it exposes them in three dimensions. Sideline to Sideline, up the gut, and over the top with a deep ball for chunks.

If you don't spread it out, you can allow them to load the box while at the same time covering the deep routes (thought not as well, obviously). Spread them out and it becomes impossible -- not enough men on the field.

This is why Monte Kiffen concluded the only blueprint to stop it was to hope Tebow couldn't keep it up running the ball. Because there is no way to beat him with formations if the offense spreads it out and puts Tebow in an empty backfield. The numbers are brutal.

Just imagine a "Gronk and Hernandez" offensive approach -- two tight ends, two WR, and slot. And you move those guys around constantly spreading them out. The defense has to account for 5 playmakers who could catch the ball. That leaves 6 to stop the run. And if Tebow isn't handing off ( he's a runner) the numbers game is favorable.

(Can't do it every play, but that one basic advantage is something to build multiple combinations off of).

Jay3
01-16-2012, 07:11 AM
Phrased another way -- a "mush rush" contain doesn't work against an extreme spread. You can't do it -- there's receivers all over the place to pop open for easy gains.

The weakness of spreading it out is and always has been pass protection -- one of the defenders will speed surge to your quarterback and get him. It's a wide open field, but they'll get him.

And that's where Tebow comes in -- when the field is spread out, with big gaps of green, you can't neutralize him by racing in and getting him to the ground. He'll run for chunks.

So one of the MAIN weaknesses of spread in the NFL is neutralized by Tebow.

Go with it. Do it. Cam's going to win a Super Bowl before you do if you don't get down to it.

Archer81
01-16-2012, 09:00 AM
There are different levels of witch hunting.. but they come from the same place - zealotry/small mindedness/group think.

If people would realize this I don't think there would be the issues there are in fandom. That is my point.. that is why it is imperative people realize it's a witch hunt. I have seen it all over the Broncos message boards in regard to "Tebow fans".

And attacking someone because what they say seems "off the wall" is the entire point. Attacking someone for being different.. that is the very definition of a witch hunt.. you still don't get it. You are too far in it to even see it.

Again. No, no there is'nt. No one is going to kill you for the monkey banging a rock into its forehead type of things you say.

You say stupid things. You get mocked for it. You are almost like PETA. They went to court to try and end "whale slavery". Much like them, you try and alter the definition of words, which lessens their meaning.

Doofus.

MacGruder
01-16-2012, 03:33 PM
Again. No, no there is'nt. No one is going to kill you for the monkey banging a rock into its forehead type of things you say.[quote]

Someone said out of the blue they would punch me in the face if they saw me in the street.. no one even commented on it here. That my friend shows the mentality of a witch hunt...

[quote]You say stupid things. You get mocked for it. You are almost like PETA. They went to court to try and end "whale slavery". Much like them, you try and alter the definition of words, which lessens their meaning.

Doofus.

It's a freakin sports message board.. if it isn't for sharing different ideas what is the point? Oh.. that's right it's a cult..

Jay3, another great example of how the Gators suffered without Mullen was to look at the offense the whole time Meyer was there after he left. I can understand a drop off with Tebow gone but it was a joke... They were awful. don't think Meyer has a clue about developing QBs which is why he left Florida. He can get the staff he needs now at Ohio st. And hsi chest pains will likely disappear. haha

Agamemnon
01-16-2012, 04:08 PM

Tebow would also pass much better out of spread formations because a) he can make pre-snap reads rather than having to strictly read on the fly like in two receiver sets, b) receivers tend to get "college open" more as shown by all the spread-heavy pass-heavy offenses out there right now (Pats, Packers, Saints), and c) it's what he's most familiar with.

BroncoBen
01-16-2012, 04:15 PM
Guys. keep in mind that if the Broncos bring in a great runner to complement McGahee I think it would solve this offenses problems. Especially if they get some diverse backs that complement Tebow's style of offense in college.

I agree that they shouldn't go too far towards his college offense.. but having someone that knows that style may be able to know how to translate it to a more conventional NFL offense. But heck.. anything would be better than what they were doing this year! Just way way too predictable.. Mullen is the complete opposite of predictable.

I can agree with bringing in a running back to split the carries with McGahee. What would be nice is someone similar in size but a bit faster. Maybe you find someone in the draft.. if not I am not opposed to bringing back Peyton Hillis.

But the Broncos don't need to get too deep in the 'college' playbooks.

Agamemnon
01-16-2012, 04:24 PM
Phrased another way -- a "mush rush" contain doesn't work against an extreme spread. You can't do it -- there's receivers all over the place to pop open for easy gains.

The weakness of spreading it out is and always has been pass protection -- one of the defenders will speed surge to your quarterback and get him. It's a wide open field, but they'll get him.

And that's where Tebow comes in -- when the field is spread out, with big gaps of green, you can't neutralize him by racing in and getting him to the ground. He'll run for chunks.

So one of the MAIN weaknesses of spread in the NFL is neutralized by Tebow.

Go with it. Do it. Cam's going to win a Super Bowl before you do if you don't get down to it.

Hey, Jay, why do you think the Broncos refuse to emulate what the Panthers are doing? I'm trying to figure it out and I just can't. Whether or not Tebow is as good as Newton, no one can deny they have similar skill sets or that they both come from the same style offense. But with the Broncos, it almost feels like they won't even acknowledge the possibility that Tebow's unique background might necessitate a unique passing offense. It's so aggravating to watch.

Houshyamama
01-16-2012, 04:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ioHvU.jpg

ColoradoDarin
01-16-2012, 05:29 PM
I would love it if for nothing else is that I have a good friend who went to MSU and is a huge 'dawgs fan, and he absolutely loves Mullen there. He was so worried that he would go back to Florida when Meyer left.

eddie mac
01-16-2012, 06:11 PM

He's a ****, ignore him.

theAPAOps5
01-16-2012, 06:30 PM
http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/drx/drx0904/drx090400008/4636250-old-home-film-projector-running-and-projecting-blank-movie-on-a-screen-with-visible-beam-of-light.jpg

MacGruder
01-17-2012, 04:23 PM
"Elway realizes his own stubbornness was biggest obstacle as a QB and now as an inexperienced VP"

I worry that Elway stubbornness that caused him to take so long to win a championship will also prevent him from adapting to Tebow...

I view him demanding to go to another team and him butting heads with coaches the same as him being unable to see Tebow is breaking the mold of past Qbs..

Taco John
01-17-2012, 06:36 PM

lol

what the hell is this!? That's hilarious!

Chris
01-17-2012, 08:17 PM

This is pure brilliance. :strong:

Boobs McGee
01-17-2012, 08:42 PM
I worry that Elway stubbornness that caused him to take so long to win a championship will also prevent him from adapting to Tebow...

I view him demanding to go to another team and him butting heads with coaches the same as him being unable to see Tebow is breaking the mold of past Qbs..

lol wut?

Taco John
01-17-2012, 08:47 PM

This joke alone has justified his entire existence here...

Hilarious! *wiping tears* Ha!

MacGruder
01-17-2012, 08:49 PM
lol wut?

What part don't you understand?

Elway is very stubborn and bull headed it seems. He has a certian view of the way things should be and it doesn't seem he has the ability to adapt to something he isn't familiar with.

If you look at how he is developing and building the team around Tebow it shows how one dimensional he is. It seems he only knows how to build the team around a player like himself.

MacGruder
01-17-2012, 08:50 PM
This joke alone has justified his entire existence here...

Hilarious! *wiping tears* Ha!

You're projecting...

Boobs McGee
01-17-2012, 09:59 PM

Elway is very stubborn and bull headed it seems. He has a certian view of the way things should be and it doesn't seem he has the ability to adapt to something he isn't familiar with.

If you look at how he is developing and building the team around Tebow it shows how one dimensional he is. It seems he only knows how to build the team around a player like himself.

No no, please go back and explain this to me " stubbornness that caused him to take so long to win a championship".

That part. The part where you said the reason John Elway took so long to win a championship was because of his stubborness.

Please, I'd really like to know.

Archer81
01-17-2012, 10:16 PM
http://tinyurl.com/74ohrar

http://tinyurl.com/6mvyqcz

http://tinyurl.com/7vkafwy

MacGruder
01-17-2012, 10:31 PM
No no, please go back and explain this to me " stubbornness that caused him to take so long to win a championship".

That part. The part where you said the reason John Elway took so long to win a championship was because of his stubborness.

Please, I'd really like to know.

He repeatedly says it took him his whole career to learn that you have to win a championship from the pocket... I fear that same stubbornness will mean it takes him just as long to realize this is a new era and all QBs don't fit into the same mold he did..

MacGruder
01-17-2012, 11:57 PM
"Fox and Elway's lack of commitment to Tebow shows lack of confidence in own ability to develop him"

"Elway and Fox need to be held accountable for Orton fiasco at the beginning of the season, should be on short leash themselves"

broncocalijohn
01-18-2012, 12:21 AM

Have a little fun..

First time I have opened up his posts since months ago when he was on iggy. Ok I will play...
Headline reads:

"MacGruder pummels to the ground in a plane crash"

Just for the record, I didnt say he dies so mods can not get me for wishing death. In fact, I think he walks away unscaved.

MacGruder
01-18-2012, 12:35 AM
Why do homers have so much anger in them? lol

Archer81
01-18-2012, 01:10 AM
http://tinyurl.com/6rolfym

http://tinyurl.com/85ex6tm

BroncoMan4ever
01-18-2012, 01:56 AM

i don't want a guy who is going to be happy with Tebow as the Florida Gators style of QB in the NFL. i want a guy who is going to turn Tebow into an NFL pro style QB.

i'm not saying lets break Tebow down completely and turn him into an entirely new QB. i want an OC who will come in and teach Tebow proper mechanics, proper footwork, how to go through his progressions, work on his timing while also allowing Tim to be Tim. the intangibles that Tebow has, have the potential to make him one of if not the most dangerous QB in the league if he can get the rest of his game built up to a good level.

i would actually like to see Jim Fassel come in as OC and QB coach for the team.

BroncoMan4ever
01-18-2012, 02:03 AM

i don't think Elway only knows 1 way to build a team around a QB like himself. the league right now is set up for teams with a QB that played like he did to win now. Tebow's game is better suited for the early days of the NFL and leather helmets.

name the last QB with a mediocre passing ability and great rushing ability to be an elite QB in this league or win anything of value in the NFL.

it has nothing to do with being stubborn or bullheaded on John's part about wanting a QB to play a certain way, it is John putting the team in the best position to win Super Bowls, and a QB like Tebow is not put in advantageous position to accomplish that, like a prototypical pocket passer is.

MacGruder
01-18-2012, 02:16 AM
i don't think Elway only knows 1 way to build a team around a QB like himself. the league right now is set up for teams with a QB that played like he did to win now. Tebow's game is better suited for the early days of the NFL and leather helmets.

I am a believer that that old style should have come back a long time ago. look how QBs now can't stay healthy as pocket passers. The exceptions are teams with dominant Olines OR Belichick who has always been able to protect Brady like a glass statue. I think this is why guys like Tebow and Cam were so successful in the toughest era ever in college football - the SEC. And you don't see pocket passers thriving there at all. This is a sign of things to come in the NFL IMO.

name the last QB with a mediocre passing ability and great rushing ability to be an elite QB in this league or win anything of value in the NFL.

This is the huge mistake you are making though.. it isn't that Tebow is a mediocre passer. It's that he hasn't ever played in a conventional NFL offense. He just isn't comfortable in it. You have to slowly transition him into a conventional offense. It also doesn't help that the Broncos offense isn't good at all. That makes it far more difficult.

I don't think people understand how good of a passer Tebow was in college. He would have never been able to run like he did if he couldn't pass. Same this year. I saw Tebow make passes to win games Cam never made..

it has nothing to do with being stubborn or bullheaded on John's part about wanting a QB to play a certain way, it is John putting the team in the best position to win Super Bowls, and a QB like Tebow is not put in advantageous position to accomplish that, like a prototypical pocket passer is.

Mike Vick came very close to winning MVP last year playing like Tebow. The Panthers have used Cam's college offense to help him transition to the NFL. Aaron Rodgers plays very similar to Tebow.. he just has a great and loaded team around him.

MacGruder
01-18-2012, 02:32 AM
Another thing I think Elway needs to keep in mind about Tebow is something his coach in high school said.. He said some players you need to kick in the rear and some you need to pull the reins back. Because Tebow is so driven he's one you need to pull the reins back on. T

his method Elway seems to be so enamored with of humiliating Tebow and not committing to him may be counter productive. Another example of Elway's possible inexperience and hubris IMO.

TD4HOF
01-18-2012, 04:13 AM
Probably going to regret dipping my toes in here, but are you really continually attacking John Elway on a Broncos messageboard? LOL! I bet you make friends everywhere you go.

gunns
01-18-2012, 06:18 AM
There's no off position for the idiot switch.

How well we know Mac, we see your posts everyday.

attacking someone because what they are "off the wall" is the entire point. Attacking someone for being whacked.. that is the very definition of a witch hunt.. you still don't get it. I'm too far in the **** to even see it.

FIFY

You obviously know nothing about Urban Meyer or you wouldn't have made the delusional statement about Mullen being the real guy behind Tebow's success.

Boobs McGee
01-18-2012, 07:01 AM
He repeatedly says it took him his whole career to learn that you have to win a championship from the pocket... I fear that same stubbornness will mean it takes him just as long to realize this is a new era and all QBs don't fit into the same mold he did..

LOL that's quite a stretch, even by YOUR standards. First off, links to where he's said that please.

Secondly, even if those were his exact words, where is the stubbornness? So because he didn't learn something until later in his career, that's on him?

Please, explain your original quotes to me, and provide links. You made an outlandish statement, and now you need to back it up.

Boobs McGee
01-18-2012, 07:09 AM
Here. Let me help you.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7468087/denver-broncos-john-elway-says-tim-tebow-starting-qb-going-camp?eleven=twelve

"That's why Elway, a Hall of Famer who rejoined the team a year ago as chief of football operations, has pledged to personally work with Tebow this offseason to polish his passing game and help him become a better quarterback.

He has a willing pupil in Tebow, who said his offseason goal was "to work pretty hard and try to get a lot better."

Elway said he wants to "help Tim in every way I can, to be able to improve through what I learned."

And that was this: Mobility is great, but to compete for a championship, you have to become a pocket passer. That's what Elway learned late in his career, which he capped with back-to-back Super Bowl titles after losing the big game three times.

"Hopefully, I can teach him what I learned over my 16-year career," Elway said, "to be able to tell him what I learned in Year 10, hopefully get that to him in year 3 or 4.""[/I][/I]

Now, I went ahead and bolded the part you misinterpreted and took completely out of context.

LEARNING something later in your career is COMPLETELY different than being "stubborn" up until that point. You don't think, if he had the opportunity, that he would've done whatever it took to change earlier than his 10th year? Isn't it possible that no one knew how to use him, or coach him into that position? Sound familiar?

So, you have a guy that changed WHATEVER HE HAD TO in order to win superbowls, and now you're saying that because it took him longer to do that (and by your ridiculous math, that means it was all his fault, his stubbornnes is the reason behind that time span), that he'll be the same way in our front office?

Sounds to me like we have the perfect man for the job right where he needs to be. He understands, and wants to help tebow as much as possible.

But go ahead, keep right on projecting your filth all over this website. ****ing clown.

BroncoBeavis
01-18-2012, 07:53 AM
i don't want a guy who is going to be happy with Tebow as the Florida Gators style of QB in the NFL. i want a guy who is going to turn Tebow into an NFL pro style QB.

Some day, a QB (or maybe a QB in combo with an innovative coach) is going to come along and change what it means to be a 'pro style QB'

Tebow could be that guy. He could not be that guy. Or he could possibly be that guy only if matched up with a coaching staff with that kind of vision.

But I believe that change is coming one way or another. Just a matter of who does it first. In a pass happy league, it makes a crazy amount of sense to have a QB who can run and who's built to take some punishment. Though hopefully, long term, less punishment than Tim currently takes.

That run threat alone makes many other things possible in a SPREAD offense. But if a coach has the right mindset, Tebow has a very distinct advantage over most of the noodle-armed wiz kids you see all over the NFL today.

Lestat
01-18-2012, 09:46 AM
pro football will always be played from the pocket on key downs. if Tebow doesn't learn how to play from the pocket and then expand his options outward then he's always going to be up and down.

we know he can run the spread and the read option. but what's killed us against the better teams we've faced is he can't play from the pocket and within the structure of the offense, he sees his primary guy locked up and gets "happy feet".
Some day, a QB (or maybe a QB in combo with an innovative coach) is going to come along and change what it means to be a 'pro style QB'

Tebow could be that guy. He could not be that guy. Or he could possibly be that guy only if matched up with a coaching staff with that kind of vision.

But I believe that change is coming one way or another. Just a matter of who does it first. In a pass happy league, it makes a crazy amount of sense to have a QB who can run and who's built to take some punishment. Though hopefully, long term, less punishment than Tim currently takes.

That run threat alone makes many other things possible in a SPREAD offense. But if a coach has the right mindset, Tebow has a very distinct advantage over most of the noodle-armed wiz kids you see all over the NFL today.

BroncoBeavis
01-18-2012, 10:02 AM
It's not about pocket or no pocket. Tebow actually already has pretty good pocket sense. He senses the rush pretty well. You can say he maybe bails on the pocket too early sometimes, but from some of our O-Line play this year, that's not totally unwarranted.

The point is if you have to keep 9 of your players in the middle of the field to maintain a 'pocket' you've already lost. Especially if your QB is a threat to run. You might as well make him wear cinder block shoes. You're giving away your competitive advantage.

Go watch some Pats/Broncos highlights. NE maintained a pocket with 5 guys. Everyone else on the field is a weapon. That's what Tim is used to. It doesn't even have to technically be a 'spread' offense

pro football will always be played from the pocket on key downs. if Tebow doesn't learn how to play from the pocket and then expand his options outward then he's always going to be up and down.

we know he can run the spread and the read option. but what's killed us against the better teams we've faced is he can't play from the pocket and within the structure of the offense, he sees his primary guy locked up and gets "happy feet".

Miss I.
01-18-2012, 11:16 AM

Damn it, End the thread people...the only thing I can think to add is a picture from monty python, but honestly, this bit right here is the best part of the thread... Houshyamama...thank you for this. You totally rock...

MacGruder
01-18-2012, 11:21 AM
The plebeians are so easily entertained..

MacGruder
01-18-2012, 11:23 AM

Someone tell Tom Brady that Elway said his style won't work.. he needs to return his THREE Superbowl rings to Elway's 2 because Elway knows best. lol

Not to mention the guy who coached Brady in McD drafted Tebow..

bendog
01-18-2012, 11:24 AM

DO us all a favor and kill yourself. Seriously. Not so much because you're an idiot poster, but for suggesting Dan Mullen get within a hundred yards of Tebow. They out to post two guards with .223's near Tebow just in case that is remotely possible.

Houshyamama
01-18-2012, 11:28 AM
lol

what the hell is this!? That's hilarious!

http://www.fodey.com/generators/newspaper/snippet.asp

ROFL!

MacGruder
01-18-2012, 11:28 AM
How well we know Mac, we see your posts everyday.

FIFY

You obviously know nothing about Urban Meyer or you wouldn't have made the delusional statement about Mullen being the real guy behind Tebow's success.

You mean the same Urban Meyer who left the SEC because of "chest pains" then returned to coaching in another conference a year later?

If that doesn't tell you all you need to know nothing I can say will allow you to understand anything you don't want to.

strafen
01-18-2012, 11:57 AM
<TABLE class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat colSpan=2>Who Posted? Total Posts: 113
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=thead width="100%">User Name</TD><TD class=thead>Posts</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>MacGruder (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=27604) </TD><TD class=alt1>37 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=27604&searchthreadid=103119)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>sirhcyennek81 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=3142) </TD><TD class=alt2>8 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=3142&searchthreadid=103119)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>theAPAOps5 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=6509) </TD><TD class=alt1>5 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=6509&searchthreadid=103119)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Mightysmurf (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=401) </TD><TD class=alt2>5 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=401&searchthreadid=103119)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>Boobs McGee (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=5005) </TD><TD class=alt1>4 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=5005&searchthreadid=103119)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Agamemnon (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=27547) </TD><TD class=alt2>4 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=27547&searchthreadid=103119)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>Jay3 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=13532) </TD><TD class=alt1>4 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=13532&searchthreadid=103119)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Turd_Ferguson (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=28229) </TD><TD class=alt2>3 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=28229&searchthreadid=103119)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>BroncoMan4ever (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=5334) </TD><TD class=alt1>3 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=5334&searchthreadid=103119)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

MacGruder
01-18-2012, 12:06 PM
Good job, Strafen!

If that doesn't prove it I don't know what will...

bronco militia
01-18-2012, 12:24 PM
I want to see another run heavy west coast offense in Denver....Bubby Brister, Gus Frerotte, Jake Plummer and Brian Griese never had it so easy in their NFL careers.

bendog
01-18-2012, 12:24 PM
You mean the same Urban Meyer who left the SEC because of "chest pains" then returned to coaching in another conference a year later?

If that doesn't tell you all you need to know nothing I can say will allow you to understand anything you don't want to.

hey, I got an idea. Let's find the OC from the most successful college HC in a decade who then quit, and the school wouldn't even give the OC an interview, and who coaches at the financial and educational bottom of the SEC, and who .... oh just happens to be an egotistical, short, bad tempered, ill dressed .... WAIT I SEE IT NOW. JESUS TAP DANCING CHRIST

BroncoMan4ever
01-18-2012, 12:52 PM
I am a believer that that old style should have come back a long time ago. look how QBs now can't stay healthy as pocket passers. The exceptions are teams with dominant Olines OR Belichick who has always been able to protect Brady like a glass statue. I think this is why guys like Tebow and Cam were so successful in the toughest era ever in college football - the SEC. And you don't see pocket passers thriving there at all. This is a sign of things to come in the NFL IMO.

ok, aside from Brady a few years back, Palmer a few years back and Rothlesberger(whose way of running around extending plays is a big reason to his being injured, in this age of football in the NFL when are pocket passers not staying healthy? the way the rules are set up that you can't sneeze near a QB in the pocket we are going to see guys like Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers all end up playing until their 40's. in this current game, the QB is protected so much, the vast majority of them will retire not because of bodies falling apart like QBs of the past, but because they decide it is time to go.

This is the huge mistake you are making though.. it isn't that Tebow is a mediocre passer. It's that he hasn't ever played in a conventional NFL offense. He just isn't comfortable in it. You have to slowly transition him into a conventional offense. It also doesn't help that the Broncos offense isn't good at all. That makes it far more difficult.

I don't think people understand how good of a passer Tebow was in college. He would have never been able to run like he did if he couldn't pass. Same this year. I saw Tebow make passes to win games Cam never made..

Dude, Tebow completed less than 50% of his passes, i don't care where you played before, that is less than mediocre. Broncos offense not good at all? we had the number 1 rushing unit in the league. mediocre passing game, yes, all around bad offense, no.

Tebow is a good passer playing in a spread offense where an openn receiver has a 3-5 yard cushion on the defender. but in the NFL where open means the receiver has a STEP on his defender he can't regularly thread the ball in that tight window. also, it looks easier to play when you have stacked teams around you like the majority of the SEC has.

Mike Vick came very close to winning MVP last year playing like Tebow. The Panthers have used Cam's college offense to help him transition to the NFL. Aaron Rodgers plays very similar to Tebow.. he just has a great and loaded team around him.

Vick last season had the season of his career. he wasn't just a run threat. he had over a 100 passer rating completed over 62% of his passes, threw for over 3000 yards and had a TD - INT ration of 21 - 6. to go along with almost 700 rushing yards and 9 TDs. all in 12 games

Tebow this year had a 72.9 passer rating, completed only 46.5% of his passes for just over 1700 yards, with a TD - INT ratio of 12-6 to go along with 660 rushing yards and 6 TDs.

i guess if you are saying that Tebow and Vick both were mobile and ran for a lot, then they played a similar game, but when you factor in the passing part of their games, they didn't play all that alike.

are you ****ing kidding me that Tebow plays like Rodgers? i mean sure, Rodgers can maneuver and use his legs to make something happen and stretch plays, but he is also one of if not the best, most precise pocket passer in the game right now. on Tebow's best game of his career so far, he isn't even close to Rodgers level. and stacked team? Jordy Nelson was a late 2nd round pick and until this season was a number 3 receiver. he exploded while Rodgers was having one of the great QB seasons of all time. Driver is in decline and aging, James Jones is a good number 3 guy. Finley is a damn good TE, Ryan Grant was an undrafted RB who had a subpar season. Aside from Finley and for this season Nelson, where is Green Bay stacked with talent on the offensive side of the ball. this is a situation like with Peyton and his cast of receivers. are the receivers just middle and late round gems or does the QB make them better than they actually are? considering the burst in output from the offensive weapons that coincides with Rodgers becoming the best QB in the NFL i am going to go with Rodgers is elevating everyone's game

i like Tebow a lot, but comparing him to the best in the game right now, and some of the best of the past, is just ignorant, because he doesn't fit the mold of any of them, and his passing ability is nowhere near any of theirs.

BroncoMan4ever
01-18-2012, 12:59 PM

a guy could come along and change the term pro style QB in the NFL for sure. however with the way the rules are slanted to encourage the passing game and protect the pocket passer, very few if any teams are going to want to be the team that goes against the norm and does something new.

Houshyamama
01-18-2012, 01:34 PM
You're projecting...

http://r9.fodey.com/2193/eb8cf3f886e84ce4a0aed3b8db856db0.0.jpg

BroncoBeavis
01-18-2012, 01:38 PM
a guy could come along and change the term pro style QB in the NFL for sure. however with the way the rules are slanted to encourage the passing game and protect the pocket passer, very few if any teams are going to want to be the team that goes against the norm and does something new.

It only takes one team to change it all though. That's why people still talk about what Bill Walsh would think to this day. Not because of what he'd think about the West Coast consensus we have today.

He's remembered because he was an innovator. Someone else could do it all over again. And I think the way defenses are built soft for pass defense nowadays, it will happen in the near future.