PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins to interview McCoy

Ratboy
01-15-2012, 06:30 PM
The Dolphins plan to interview Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy early this week, according to a league source.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/01/15/2591523/miami-dolphins-plan-to-interview.html#storylink=cpy

go_broncos
01-15-2012, 06:30 PM
Please hire him...

Ratboy
01-15-2012, 06:31 PM
I would not oppose them hiring him.

Rulon Velvet Jones
01-15-2012, 06:31 PM
They'll still need a big name to pop to their fans that had visions of Jeff Fisher just a week ago.

Ratboy
01-15-2012, 06:32 PM
Maybe Dolphins can trade for Tebow too?

Would do well for that organization.

Jay3
That would be awesome.

Jay3
The McCoy thing. Not the Tebow trade.

Ratboy
They'll still need a big name to pop to their fans that had visions of Jeff Fisher just a week ago.

I doubt he had any intentions to go there. Leverage game.

Mogulseeker
01-15-2012, 06:37 PM
If we want to move forward with Tebow, we need McCoy here in Denver.

Wes Mantooth
01-15-2012, 06:38 PM
Please dear Lord, make this happen!

Ratboy
01-15-2012, 06:38 PM

People don't understand this, especially Tebow fanatics.

barryr
01-15-2012, 06:39 PM
McCoy gets an interview to be head coach? Miami must be trying to get the cheapest candidate they can. I'm not a huge McCoy fan but nor do I dislike him, but let's be honest here, he's done nothing so far to show he is head coach material.

Ratboy
01-15-2012, 06:40 PM
if McCoy did leave, I could see us making a in-house hiring.

Eric Studesville.

cutthemdown
01-15-2012, 06:42 PM
Please dear Lord, make this happen!

Unless you plan on bringing in a college option coach to be our o coord you better hope McCoy stays. He has a yr invested in Tebow and is most likely to say hey lets continue this experiment another yr.

The lack of real insight from bronco fans on the board is laughable. No way its good for broncos to lose a coord again.

theAPAOps5
01-15-2012, 06:43 PM

LOL this is normal anywhere but in Tebow land. Here you are trolling or insane. LOL

I didn't like his gameplans in the game, too often he waited forever to make adjustments., But he made good adjustments to handle Tebows weaknesses and play to his strengths.

Ratboy
01-15-2012, 06:44 PM
The lack of real insight from Tebow fans on the board is laughable. No way its good for broncos to lose a coord again.

FTFY

extralife
01-15-2012, 06:45 PM
all these teams interviewing mccoy are kind of making the rabid tebow contingent look like a bunch of morons

Rohirrim
01-15-2012, 06:47 PM

Tebow doesn't need coaching.

Mogulseeker
01-15-2012, 06:51 PM

Eric Studesville.

I can see that. Honestly, for years I wanted to see Bobby Turner get his crack at OC, but it went Kubiak to Dennison... then when Shanny was fired, I was hoping his name would have floated around as a RB coach, but that didn't happen.

cutthemdown
01-15-2012, 06:51 PM
With or without Tebow just keep the coaches. It's stupid to start over every yr. Smart thing to do is to watch them coach more then one friggin season before you say they all suck. Broncos played better football this yr then they have since 2005 so it was a step in the right direction.

Until I see some players on the offense that are top notch NFL talent I won't complain. DT emerged as the only real big play threat. Decker? cmon no cb is scared to cover him. Royal, same thing. Willis? same thing. We need better TE, better WR, and some more speed at RB when we spell Willis. We spell him with Ball who IMO stinks.

Mogulseeker
01-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Has anyone stopped and wondered why McCoy is a hot prospect this year for HC?

It's because of the way he was able to adapt Tebow into a successful offensive scheme. You guys might not like the playcalling, but he saw something we didn't. Even the run-run-run-punt drives were part of a grander scheme that worked when we were able to keep the game close, especially in field position battles.

BroncoBeavis
01-15-2012, 06:53 PM
If we want to move forward with Tebow, we need McCoy (t)here in <s>Denver</s>Miami.

FIFY :)

Knuckle Dragger
01-15-2012, 06:56 PM
Unless you plan on bringing in a college option coach to be our o coord you better hope McCoy stays. He has a yr invested in Tebow and is most likely to say hey lets continue this experiment another yr.

The lack of real insight from bronco fans on the board is laughable. No way its good for broncos to lose a coord again.

What says we didn't run the option this year as a patch since that's all we had? With the entire off season to work on it this time don't you think Tebow could progress into a more conventional QB with running ability? Everyone seems to think we're married to what we did this year as the long term plan. IMO we did what we could given the labor dispute. It's just been a talent evaluation for a team like ours that was gutted over the last couple of years.

BroncoBeavis
01-15-2012, 06:56 PM
Has anyone stopped and wondered why McCoy is a hot prospect this year for HC?

It's because of the way he was able to adapt Tebow into a successful offensive scheme. You guys might not like the playcalling, but he saw something we didn't. Even the run-run-run-punt drives were part of a grander scheme that worked when we were able to keep the game close, especially in field position battles.

McCoy won't get hired anywhere. They just gotta interview the guy because the empty "didn't watch the game" analysis at espin talks him up so much.

I hope he gets hired. But no GM worth a crap is going to look at these high school offensive schemes and think promotion.

barryr
01-15-2012, 06:57 PM
With or without Tebow just keep the coaches. It's stupid to start over every yr. Smart thing to do is to watch them coach more then one friggin season before you say they all suck. Broncos played better football this yr then they have since 2005 so it was a step in the right direction.

Until I see some players on the offense that are top notch NFL talent I won't complain. DT emerged as the only real big play threat. Decker? cmon no cb is scared to cover him. Royal, same thing. Willis? same thing. We need better TE, better WR, and some more speed at RB when we spell Willis. We spell him with Ball who IMO stinks.

Maybe this is why Tebow and the passing game had troubles more so than because he supposedly can't throw short type passes. Who is he trying to throw to? Get more weapons and then see what he can really do before we worry about a new QB. Rodgers as QB for the Broncos would not be putting up the numbers he did with the Packers with this current group.

BroncoBeavis
01-15-2012, 07:01 PM
What says we didn't run the option this year as a patch since that's all we had? With the entire off season to work on it this time don't you think Tebow could progress into a more conventional QB with running ability? Everyone seems to think we're married to what we did this year as the long term plan. IMO we did what we could given the labor dispute. It's just been a talent evaluation for a team like ours that was gutted over the last couple of years.

I started thinking about something along these lines today. Why don't we ever run 4WR sets, even though that's Tebow's experience?

Then I thought... do we have 4 WR's worth putting on a football field? Especially this last game. Putting 3WR's in at this point forces you to use Willis... That's bad enough. After that it's all practice squad scrubs who were essentially passed over by every team in the league.

Trading Lloyd and Gaffney was huge. We can't even field a full complement of receivers.

cutthemdown
01-15-2012, 07:12 PM
I started thinking about something along these lines today. Why don't we ever run 4WR sets, even though that's Tebow's experience?

Then I thought... do we have 4 WR's worth putting on a football field? Especially this last game. Putting 3WR's in at this point forces you to use Willis... That's bad enough. After that it's all practice squad scrubs who were essentially passed over by every team in the league.

Trading Lloyd and Gaffney was huge. We can't even field a full complement of receivers.

They did a fire sale on Lloyd, should have probably kept Gaffney. Gaffney nothing special though he can be replaced. Broncos for sure need some WR though, no doubt about that. It would be a smart plan to try and add another number 1 WR. If we did keep Royal he should be the 4th WR on the field, and play special teams.

go_broncos
01-15-2012, 07:12 PM

I don't need Tebow/Mccoy if we do run,run and pass plays.

BroncoBeavis
01-15-2012, 07:14 PM

Maybe this is why Tebow and the passing game had troubles more so than because he supposedly can't throw short type passes. Who is he trying to throw to? Get more weapons and then see what he can really do before we worry about a new QB. Rodgers as QB for the Broncos would not be putting up the numbers he did with the Packers with this current group.

Watching every other game this weekend reinforced my opinion of our WR situation. People make this magical distinction between 'college open' and 'NFL open' I've seen tons of receivers get WIDE friggin open this weekend. But you rarely see that out of our WR's. Then again we've really only got one NFL caliber WR on the field at this point, so he's pretty easy to double.

KevinJames
We lose McCoy its bad for Tebow's future here.

randomtask

Eric Studesville.

I would definitely be on board with that. Personally, I was quite impressed with how he handled the end of the 2010 season.

Mogulseeker
01-15-2012, 07:35 PM
We lose McCoy its bad for Tebow's future here.

People's football knowledge is being revealed here.

I'm not going to say that anyone who wants McCoy gone is a football retard, but continuity is good after the season we've had and with the roster that we have. And the adjustments that he made to win with Tebow and to win tight games was great.

Rohirrim
01-15-2012, 07:41 PM

I'm not going to say that anyone who wants McCoy gone is a football retard, but continuity is good after the season we've had and with the roster that we have. And the adjustments that he made to win with Tebow and to win tight games was great.

Blasphemer!

eddie mac
01-15-2012, 07:42 PM
It's amazing how so many Bronco fans think they know more than 2 established NFL franchises who chose to interview McCoy for a HC position. You just cant fathom that can you. It's not like they dont have every second of tape on this guy and every play he's designed. This season for me run, run, run, punt = far better than fumble or interception. Next year with another offseason under Tebow's belt it will be run, pass, pass or run. Rome wasn't built in a day considering 99% of the pro's in this league thought Tebow wouldn't do **** in the NFL.

cutthemdown
01-15-2012, 07:43 PM

No offensive coord worth a crap is going to want to come coach Tebow right now. Once you get a shot at Coord you have to succeed to make head coach. What offensive coordinator do you think would want to take over. We will be better off if McCoy stays. Otherwise you get Studesville or some other coach already on the team.

The reason i don't see Tebow ever being a regular QB is he takes way too long getting the ball out. Thats ok when you throw deep, you have more time to make that throw. But for the short passing game you need to have he can't do it. He brings the ball back too far, way too far, to make a quick throw.

I don't think Tebow will ever be a super accurate short passer. Thats why we threw deep, he is pretty good at that.

Popps
01-15-2012, 07:44 PM
Yeah, let's hope we get rid of that guy soon. All he did was make sugar cookies out of **** all season long, helped us win a playoff game and essentially walked on water.

Get rid of him, let's get Tebow his 3rd coordinator in 3 years. Awesome!

Popps
01-15-2012, 07:46 PM

This place is just frightening. Honestly, I hope it isn't a microcosm of society.

Agamemnon
01-15-2012, 07:47 PM
Yeah, let's hope we get rid of that guy soon. All he did was make sugar cookies out of **** all season long, helped us win a playoff game and essentially walked on water.

http://www.premier1supplies.com/img/species/splash/1.jpg

BroncoBeavis
01-15-2012, 07:47 PM
It's amazing how so many Bronco fans think they know more than 2 established NFL franchises who chose to interview McCoy for a HC position. You just cant fathom that can you. It's not like they dont have every second of tape on this guy and every play he's designed. This season for me run, run, run, punt = far better than fumble or interception. Next year with another offseason under Tebow's belt it will be run, pass, pass or run. Rome wasn't built in a day considering 99% of the pro's in this league thought Tebow wouldn't do **** in the NFL.

Let me know when they make the hire. Then you've got a case. Until then, the list of who they 'interview' is all for show.

BroncoBeavis
01-15-2012, 07:48 PM

Who was the OC last year?

Knuckle Dragger
01-15-2012, 07:49 PM
The reason i don't see Tebow ever being a regular QB is he takes way too long getting the ball out. Thats ok when you throw deep, you have more time to make that throw. But for the short passing game you need to have he can't do it. He brings the ball back too far, way too far, to make a quick throw.

I don't think Tebow will ever be a super accurate short passer. Thats why we threw deep, he is pretty good at that.

And how is it you reach that conclusion? He's been a pro for two years. Last year the coach got fired and there was a lot of turmoil the entire season, this year there was no off season. Do you figure that's enough time, given the circumstances, that he should have changed/improved enough to be at the level we need? You're comfortable making the call that a guy that works this hard can't learn a new trick?

BTW, I'm with you on not really wanting to see McCoy leave. It would be nice to put a few years together without major coaching changes. I'm just not ready to cast Tebow in the permanent mold of what he was this year. I'd like to see him get a full year to get it down. We're going to bring in another QB let's make him a decent guy to compete.

Agamemnon
01-15-2012, 07:49 PM

Many of us knew better than the Rams when they hired McDaniels. These people really aren't that smart. Especially the idiots running the Dolphins.

eddie mac
01-15-2012, 07:50 PM
Let me know when they make the hire. Then you've got a case. Until then, the list of who they 'interview' is all for show.

ag ag ag, why the **** would they be interviewing McCoy for show. That is hilarious. You think many Dolphin fans know who he is.

Agamemnon
01-15-2012, 07:51 PM

Yep, every time someone says McCoy is a good or even mediocre coach, they reveal a lot about their football knowledge.

eddie mac
01-15-2012, 07:52 PM
Many of us knew better than the Rams when they hired McDaniels. These people really aren't that smart. Especially the idiots running the Dolphins.

As we'll all find out next season McD wasn't the problem at the Rams. He's an excellent OC just a **** HC.

BroncoBeavis
01-15-2012, 07:54 PM
As we'll all find out next season McD wasn't the problem at the Rams. He's an excellent OC just a **** HC.

Please. My Aunt Peg could coordinate Tom Brady and his merry Pro-Bowlers to a lot of wins. Did you watch the game last night?

TonyR
01-15-2012, 07:55 PM
I'm not going to say that anyone who wants McCoy gone is a football retard...

No, you should say it. They're retards.

Agamemnon
01-15-2012, 07:55 PM

Not only did we trade them, we traded them for virtually nothing. But people can't suck on EFX's balls hard enough...

Dedhed
01-15-2012, 07:59 PM

Um...no

maher_tyler
01-15-2012, 07:59 PM

McCoy was here Tebow's rookie year. If he does stay, he needs to change up the play calling.

BroncoBeavis
01-15-2012, 08:00 PM
ag ag ag, why the **** would they be interviewing McCoy for show. That is hilarious. You think many Dolphin fans know who he is.

He's one of the higher profile OC's in the league right now because of the ignorant media spin that his gameplans helped the Broncos win.

For the fans who buy into that, they'll want their team to look at the guy. Once a decision has to be made though, cooler heads will prevail and leave him in Denver with his Innovative "2 Wideouts for a Spread QB" scheme.

Those teams will also continue to throw the ball about half the time on 1st down. See, nobody in the NFL is as 'smart' as McCoy. :)

Agamemnon
01-15-2012, 08:00 PM

Yes he was. He knows one offense. It requires elite players all over the field, especially at QB, and when he doesn't have that he lacks the ability to adapt at all.

They went from 26th to 31st in total offense and scored a whopping 6 less points per game after he took over, but he's a good coach. You're special...

maher_tyler
01-15-2012, 08:01 PM
Not only did we trade them, we traded them for virtually nothing. But people can't suck on EFX's balls hard enough...

We should have gotten at least a 3rd for him. They prolly figured it's better to get something than nothing.

Mogulseeker
01-15-2012, 08:02 PM

I agree.

Agamemnon
01-15-2012, 08:03 PM
We should have gotten at least a 3rd for him. They prolly figured it's better to get something than nothing.

Well nothing was apparently quite enough for Gaffney...

Dedhed
01-15-2012, 08:07 PM

It's amazing, to me, that there was anyone who thought Orton was the answer for the Broncos this year, and yet there they were in droves. Every one of them at one time or another using the above lament to support their take. The "established NFL personnel" know better than you.

It's a ridiculous fallacy to say they know better simply because they're there. It was played out throughout this season clear as day.

extralife
01-15-2012, 08:19 PM
It's a ridiculous fallacy to say they know better simply because they're there. It was played out throughout this season clear as day.

yes, it was played out in that season where we dropped an extremely raw QB into the fire with no preparation and then 100% scrapped our offense and built a new one to walk the line between helping Tebow and trying to win, and then managed to win our division and catch the steelers with their pants down in the playoffs.

but I get it, stupid football fans think the game is nothing but PASS or RUN and that if you do one more than the other you are bad* and that a team that installs a new offense a third of the way through the season should in fact have gameplans that include absolutely everything because everything will magically work if you just do it and/or yell at the TV enough. we turned a passing offense with a new quarterback into the best running team in the NFL, and consistently developed game plans that kept games close and went for the throat at exactly the right time.

I mean the biggest loudmouth in this thread against mccoy is a guy that literally just realized, after a hard thinking session, that maybe part of the reason we didn't run 5 WR every play is because we don't even have five wideouts on our roster, much less five good ones. so you know he's totally on top of things.

I get it though, you want fancy offenses like the ones you see on the highlights, all of which feature QBs and offensive systems that have been together for years and years, and two of which just got ****ing trucked by better teams anyway.

*unless that one is the pass

eddie mac
01-15-2012, 08:24 PM
Please. My Aunt Peg could coordinate Tom Brady and his merry Pro-Bowlers to a lot of wins. Did you watch the game last night?

Who exactly co-ordinated Cassell then to the point of the Pats raping the Chiefs for him???

To be fair last nights game was as much to do with Denver's woeful defense than anything else and if anyone could run the Pats machine as you state why did Belicheat not hesitate to bring his brother in arms back???

To the point I'm making is that McCoy is an excellent fit for this offense at present until it gets a lot better and can expand.

BroncoBeavis
01-15-2012, 08:25 PM
yes, it was played out in that season where we dropped an extremely raw QB into the fire with no preparation and then 100% scrapped our offense and built a new one to walk the line between helping Tebow and trying to win, and then managed to win our division and catch the steelers with their pants down in the playoffs.

but I get it, stupid football fans think the game is nothing but PASS or RUN and that if you do one more than the other you are bad* and that a team that installs a new offense a third of the way through the season should in fact have gameplans that include absolutely everything because everything will magically work if you just do it and/or yell at the TV enough. we turned a passing offense with a new quarterback into the best running team in the NFL, and consistently developed game plans that kept games close and went for the throat at exactly the right time.

I mean the biggest loudmouth in this thread against mccoy is a guy that literally just realized, after a hard thinking session, that maybe we didn't run 5 five every play because we don't even have five wideouts on our roster, much less five good ones. so you know he's totally on top of things.

I get it though, you want fancy offenses like the ones you see on the highlights, all of which feature QBs and offensive systems that have been together for years and years, and two of which just got ****ing trucked by better teams anyway.

Maybe it's just me, but I would see a team being completely unable to field 4 servicable WR's on an NFL field as kind of an indictment. A sign of incompetence. Trotting it out as a defense of the coaching staff that put us in that situation doesn't really make a whole lot of sense.

eddie mac
01-15-2012, 08:28 PM
Yes he was. He knows one offense. It requires elite players all over the field, especially at QB, and when he doesn't have that he lacks the ability to adapt at all.
They went from 26th to 31st in total offense and scored a whopping 6 less points per game after he took over, but he's a good coach. You're special...

You just made my point for me in the fact that McCoy is the best option for this offense because Tebow isn't ready for a real NFL package, just like McD is a perfect fit in NE. Oh and by the way Matt Cassell disagrees with you to the point of what KC traded for him after McD made him look so good when Brady went down.

extralife
01-15-2012, 08:28 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I would see a team being completely unable to field 4 servicable WR's on an NFL field as kind of an indictment. A sign of incompetence. Trotting it out as a defense of the coaching staff that put us in that situation doesn't really make a whole lot of sense.

so mccoy is a bad offensive coordinator because the broncos do not have a lot of quality depth at wide receiver. fearless logic.

BroncoBeavis
01-15-2012, 08:37 PM
Who exactly co-ordinated Cassell then to the point of the Pats raping the Chiefs for him???

To be fair last nights game was as much to do with Denver's woeful defense than anything else and if anyone could run the Pats machine as you state why did Belicheat not hesitate to bring his brother in arms back???

To the point I'm making is that McCoy is an excellent fit for this offense at present until it gets a lot better and can expand.

Hey, I'm far from the biggest McD hater on the board. I just don't think we should be giving the guy accolades when he's only shown success when working with an all-world offense, and fairly lackluster results otherwise.

The Pats had some pretty good years on offense whether McD was there or not.

BroncoBeavis
01-15-2012, 08:42 PM
so mccoy is a bad offensive coordinator because the broncos do not have a lot of quality depth at wide receiver. fearless logic.

I fault Fox more than McCoy for the Gaffney/Lloyd debacles. I fault McCoy for his 'never before in NFL history' gameplans and his willingness to beat his head on a wall for 2 quarters before trying something different that might work.

Think about it. The NFL has had plenty of inexperienced and backup quarterbacks play over the last couple decades. You can't say it's because of Tebow. Injuries have forced many completely unprepared QB's much worse than Tebow onto the field... even over the last couple years.

Yet nobody can provide an example of a team ever running the ball 20 of 21 times on 1st down during a game. But people keep telling me that NFL consensus is how we should measure our coaching.

NUB
01-15-2012, 08:43 PM
Hey, I'm far from the biggest McD hater on the board. I just don't think we should be giving the guy accolades when he's only shown success when working with an all-world offense, and fairly lackluster results otherwise.

The Pats had some pretty good years on offense whether McD was there or not.

Bingo. Also, I have always thought McDaniels' playcalling left a lot to be desired. Bubble-screen, anyone? How about another? I'm not remotely surprised that he flamed out in St. Louis when so many believed he'd turn Sam Bradford into the next Kurt Warner.

Agamemnon
01-15-2012, 08:48 PM
You just made my point for me in the fact that McCoy is the best option for this offense because Tebow isn't ready for a real NFL package, just like McD is a perfect fit in NE. Oh and by the way Matt Cassell disagrees with you to the point of what KC traded for him after McD made him look so good when Brady went down.

Wow, your posts are just so mind-bogglingly stupid...

Agamemnon
01-15-2012, 08:50 PM
I fault Fox more than McCoy for the Gaffney/Lloyd debacles. I fault McCoy for his 'never before in NFL history' gameplans and his willingness to beat his head on a wall for 2 quarters before trying something different that might work.

Think about it. The NFL has had plenty of inexperienced and backup quarterbacks play over the last couple decades. You can't say it's because of Tebow. Injuries have forced many completely unprepared QB's much worse than Tebow onto the field... even over the last couple years.

Yet nobody can provide an example of a team ever running the ball 20 of 21 times on 1st down during a game. But people keep telling me that NFL consensus is how we should measure our coaching.

Might be because every decent football mind knows that letting a QB throw on 1st down is actually helpful to their development. But I could be crazy...

Dedhed
01-15-2012, 08:59 PM

I mean the biggest loudmouth in this thread against mccoy is a guy that literally just realized, after a hard thinking session, that maybe part of the reason we didn't run 5 WR every play is because we don't even have five wideouts on our roster, much less five good ones. so you know he's totally on top of things.

I've called about 75% of McCoys plays since Tebow took over, and I'm not a football coach. If I know whats coming, the defense surely does. Last night a terrible defense set a record for negative plays. There was not an iota of creativity in the game plan last night, and the play calling was obvious.

McCoy's MO has been the same all year. Run until the running attack is dead in the water, or you're trailing by 3 scores. Take a wild guess what happens next. He passes!

At no point has he attempted to establish a balanced attack from the outset of a game. It's completely one dimensional rushing until it morphs into completely one dimensional passing.

Agamemnon
01-15-2012, 09:02 PM
I've called about 75% of McCoys plays since Tebow took over, and I'm not a football coach. If I know whats coming, the defense surely does. Last night a terrible defense set a record for negative plays. There was not an iota of creativity in the game plan last night, and the play calling was obvious.

McCoy's MO has been the same all year. Run until the running attack is dead in the water, or you're trailing by 3 scores. Take a wild guess what happens next. He passes!

At no point has he attempted to establish a balanced attack from the outset of a game. It's completely one dimensional rushing until it morphs into completely one dimensional passing.

Yet people genuinely think he's a good coach on these boards. It's ****ing bizarre...

Popps
01-15-2012, 09:04 PM
Who was the OC last year?

McCoy on paper... but do who do you think was calling most of the plays?

But, yeah... let's trash everything and make him learn a whole new system again. That will be awesome. It's not like we saw any signs of hope this year...

Mogulseeker
01-15-2012, 09:05 PM
This message is hidden because Agamemnon is on your ignore list.

Let me guess, he's slamming McCoy and saying that Tebow would have thrown for 4k a 30 TDs without him?

strafen
01-15-2012, 09:10 PM

With McCoy, I don't think we can move forward by doing the same thing...

Rolandftw
01-15-2012, 09:24 PM

In Lloyd's case what were they supposed to do? He obviously didn't want to be here, and what was the point in having players that were not going to buy in with what Denver was trying to do? And that had next to no chance of resigning? I would have liked to get more for him then a 5th rounder but he's not anywhere near an elite WR. He had one great year in a very heavy pass oriented offense.

Will never happen again. Nobody was going to pay his salary demands, which meant no one was going to give us high value for him in trade. It's hard to imagine the team going farther in the playoffs with Lloyd, and his absence allowed a guy like Thomas to emerge as a viable option. Helped build a rapport with Tebow, beyond this season as well.

Can't really defend the Gaffney move. Was just something that didn't work out I guess.

Dedhed
01-15-2012, 09:24 PM
Yet people genuinely think he's a good coach on these boards. It's ****ing bizarre...

That's nothing more than people's obsessive need to divert credit from Tebow. Any success is the result of someone else. In this case it's McCoy.

If your logic comes from a place where Tebow can be given no credit, the next guy in line must be given credit.

Agamemnon
01-15-2012, 09:28 PM
In Lloyd's case what were they supposed to do? He obviously didn't want to be here, and what was the point in having players that were not going to buy in with what Denver was trying to do? And that had next to no chance of resigning? I would have liked to get more for him then a 5th rounder but he's not anywhere near an elite WR. He had one great year in a very heavy pass oriented offense.

Will never happen again. Nobody was going to pay his salary demands, which meant no one was going to give us high value for him in trade. It's hard to imagine the team going farther in the playoffs with Lloyd, and his absence allowed a guy like Thomas to emerge as a viable option. Helped build a rapport with Tebow, beyond this season as well.

Can't really defend the Gaffney move. Was just something that didn't work out I guess.

He didn't want to be here because of McCoy's dog **** scheme. And it's pretty obvious why having seen it play out this season. Not going to give them a break there when I hate said scheme with every fiber of my being.

extralife
01-15-2012, 10:31 PM
yeah, that scheme that had DT leading the AFC in receiving yards in the last month of the season

cutthemdown
01-15-2012, 10:38 PM
If you all had your way none of McGahee big 3rd and 4th quarter runs would have happened. Bunch of armchair gms and coaches.

Drek
01-16-2012, 03:21 AM

I'd like to reserve judgement until he gets a real season to actually be the OC.

With McDaniels he was subjugated to a minor role. This past season he was forced to convert a high risk passing offense team into a run first team in the shortest camp in modern NFL history with no previous training for the players.

I've heard people say he had all off-season to draw up ways to use Tebow. That doesn't mean he had all off-season to teach Tebow the **** he drew up. That comes this off-season.

McCoy has a very interesting resume. He's spent time with the spread passing attack that McDaniels and NE like, which has some real similarities with New Orleans and Green Bay. He spent a bunch of time as a player and as an assistant in the WCO, including brief stops as a player in SF, Green Bay, and Denver where he spent pre-seasons and camps learning the various alternatives ran by Walsh's many disciples. He was even first hired in Carolina by George Seifert.

He's got a diverse background and he's been retained through two regime changes in his career, a statement few proven elite assistant coaches in the NFL can make.

Assuming he doesn't get a HC job somewhere, which I'd consider doubtful, lets all wait and see what exactly he puts together for Tebow Time Year 2.

go_broncos
01-16-2012, 04:56 AM
Hmm..there are some posters who still think Mcd and Mccoy are good OCs.

BroncoBeavis
01-16-2012, 05:49 AM
yeah, that scheme that had DT leading the AFC in receiving yards in the last month of the season

Even if that were true the Broncs didn't put up lots of yards so I wouldn't hail the concentration of all our yards under one receiver as success. Then again when you only put two out there..

extralife
01-16-2012, 01:51 PM
I was only talking about the system in regards to Brandon Lloyd, who clearly would have been that guy if we hadn't moved him.

eddie mac
01-16-2012, 05:43 PM
Wow, your posts are just so mind-bogglingly stupid...

Coming from the most hated poster on the board (including Bob), thanks for the compliment. By the way if I ever have the fortune to see the Broncos in real life I'll have a spare seat for you at the game if you ever have the balls to get up from behind your keyboard instead of hiding behind it and abusing other posters for their opinions.

Agamemnon
01-17-2012, 12:55 AM
Coming from the most hated poster on the board (including Bob), thanks for the compliment. By the way if I ever have the fortune to see the Broncos in real life I'll have a spare seat for you at the game if you ever have the balls to get up from behind your keyboard instead of hiding behind it and abusing other posters for their opinions.

Wow that right there really negates my claim regarding the stupidity of your posts. Hilarious!

eddie mac
01-17-2012, 03:56 AM
Wow that right there really negates my claim regarding the stupidity of your posts. Hilarious!

No the fact that you cannot even argue your own case negates anything you retort to on these boards. Reality check time in that no-one gives a **** what you post or even why.

Drek
01-17-2012, 05:23 AM
He didn't want to be here because of McCoy's dog **** scheme. And it's pretty obvious why having seen it play out this season. Not going to give them a break there when I hate said scheme with every fiber of my being.

Lloyd didn't want to be here because he thinks Tebow is a scrub. He did a radio interview here in St. Louis shortly after the trade and effectively said as much, using such lines as "it will be tough working with that kind of player behind center".

He had no problems with McCoy. If Orton remained the QB and McCoy kept calling for 10+ throws to go Lloyd's way regardless of how the rest of the offense was distributed Lloyd would have been a happy camper and remained here. He didn't want to play with Tebow, nothing more, nothing less.

go_broncos
01-17-2012, 05:28 AM
Lloyd didn't want to be here because he thinks Tebow is a scrub. He did a radio interview here in St. Louis shortly after the trade and effectively said as much, using such lines as "it will be tough working with that kind of player behind center".

He had no problems with McCoy. If Orton remained the QB and McCoy kept calling for 10+ throws to go Lloyd's way regardless of how the rest of the offense was distributed Lloyd would have been a happy camper and remained here. He didn't want to play with Tebow, nothing more, nothing less.

Sure...Hope..he likes St Louis with the HOF QB bradford..ROFL!

Drek
01-17-2012, 05:48 AM
Sure...Hope..he likes St Louis with the HOF QB bradford..ROFL!

He isn't staying in St. Louis. He's already commented that he'd like to follow McDaniels to NE (who will likely want to replace Chad Johnson after this season).

His desire to leave here hinged upon him cashing in come FA this off-season. He had no faith in Tebow helping him do that. He's not a team player, he's all about himself and will likely go into full coast mode once he gets paid. I was saying this to people last off-season when some suggested that we needed to resign him long term.

cutthemdown
01-17-2012, 08:06 AM
For sure Lloyd is heading to NE, that is a done deal. Lets see if hes tough enough to make poppy billy happy and get the ball.

cutthemdown
01-17-2012, 08:08 AM
Still Lloyd will want big money, the pats may balk at that and say we don't need an expensive WR.

bendog
01-17-2012, 08:26 AM

And some idiots here think Tebow is currently a good nfl qb.

teknic
01-17-2012, 08:37 AM

Yes.

And some idiots here think Tebow is currently a good nfl qb.

And yes, Tebow is a good, young QB.

bendog
01-17-2012, 09:53 AM
He does not suck balls, but he is NOT an NFL passer, don't whine that Fox won't let him pass. Maybe he'll get better