PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Champions: Who do you want?

GoHAM
01-15-2012, 04:58 PM
Final 4 are set, and the Broncos are done, which team do you want to win the Super Bowl?
NOT who you think will win, who do you want to win, and why?

RhymesayersDU
01-15-2012, 05:05 PM
Definitely rooting for the 49ers.

oubronco
01-15-2012, 05:07 PM
49ers can't stand any of the others

I wonder how bad Reed's knee injury is

go_broncos
01-15-2012, 05:07 PM
NFC team

chadta
01-15-2012, 05:08 PM
49 ers cuz i hate them the least, actually i dont hate them at all, dont have a real reason too

WolfpackGuy
01-15-2012, 05:09 PM
Niners or Giants.

I just want the Ratbirds to get it done next week against the Pats.

theAPAOps5
01-15-2012, 05:11 PM
Down to the 9ners as the least disliked

WolfpackGuy
01-15-2012, 05:11 PM
49ers can't stand any of the others

I wonder how bad Reed's knee injury is

It appeared he was holding his ankle on the sideline, but he impacted awkwardly on his leg. They definitely need him next week.

oubronco
01-15-2012, 05:13 PM
It appeared he was holding his ankle on the sideline, but he impacted awkwardly on his leg. They definitely need him next week.

There's no way they beat NE without him

Mogulseeker
01-15-2012, 05:14 PM
I gotta go with the Ravens... I dislike Pats fans, and the Giants and the 49ers beat us in the Super Bowl.

gunns
01-15-2012, 05:17 PM
I think whoever wins the 49ers, Giants game will win the SB. I've always hated the 49ers since the days of John Brodie (couldn't stand him) but I really, really like their D and of course Alex Smith went to the U. But I think the Giants are the more complete team.

Kid A
01-15-2012, 05:19 PM
49ers.

I do love that Eli the Younger is pretty much 1 game away from equaling his brothers postseason accomplishments. May not be remembered as the greatest QB of a generation, but like his team he has been consistently clutch late and games and saved his best for the postseason.

bronco militia
01-15-2012, 05:21 PM
go meteor

oubronco
01-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Who voted for the Cheatriots

rbackfactory80
01-15-2012, 05:26 PM
I say Giants. They are the team I want Denver to be. They play their best when the chips are down. Hell of a win for them today.

Tim
01-15-2012, 05:34 PM
Pats

peacepipe
01-15-2012, 05:35 PM
pats,can't root for a nfc team.

peacepipe
01-15-2012, 05:37 PM
I say Giants. They are the team I want Denver to be. They play their best when the chips are down. Hell of a win for them today.

I rather be the pats,multiple superbowls & always in contention to win another one.

BroncoBen
01-15-2012, 05:48 PM
I'm all in for the G-men... like I said in another posting. I want Eli to win another Superbowl to make the Holidays interesting at the Mannings. Can you picture the tension there will be with Eli flaunting his 2 Superbowl rings... priceless.

But really .. I do like the way the Giants play.

Ratboy
01-15-2012, 06:02 PM
Niners.

extralife
01-15-2012, 06:47 PM
COME ON NINERS MOTHER****ERS LETS DO THIS

Rohirrim
01-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Whoever will knock the snot out of Brady. I'm going with the Niners.

Dedhed
01-15-2012, 07:27 PM
I would kind of like to see the Giants win it only because I think it would be funny if Eli had more rings than his demigod brother.

TDmvp
01-15-2012, 07:34 PM
go meteor

Agree ... Hate all the teams left.

TDmvp
01-15-2012, 07:35 PM
I would kind of like to see the Giants win it only because I think it would be funny if Eli had more rings than his demigod brother.

ROFL! That's not bad Dedhed... I could almost go with that.

cutthemdown
01-15-2012, 07:36 PM
I have to go with the Ravens. Giants and Niners are hated enemies, and I hate Brady. Gotta pull for the AFC so go Ravens!

HAT
01-15-2012, 08:04 PM
Pats...i almost always root for the team that knocked mine out

g00fyfoot
01-15-2012, 08:08 PM
Niners. They are a 2nd tier team for me. Anyone but Pats also works.

BroncoBeavis
01-15-2012, 08:12 PM
I have to go with the Ravens. Giants and Niners are hated enemies, and I hate Brady. Gotta pull for the AFC so go Ravens!

I normally root AFC, but these are maybe the only two where I don't think I have the stomach. So I'll probably take either NFC team. No preference although I think the Giants are too much for SF right now.

Spider
01-15-2012, 08:12 PM
winner of the Giants -49 game will win the superbowl

ZONA
01-15-2012, 09:55 PM

I was going to say the same thing. Nobody ever talks about them as an elite offense or defense but they do what it takes to win. Fly under the radar almost all year and make a late season push and then pull off huge upset after upset in the playoffs.

Pats - F the cheaters from Boston

Ravens - I like Rice but the rest of them can suck it

49'ers - Coach is a total Dbag. Like how Smith has turned it around though.

Giants - blue collar team and usually the under dog. Go get em Giants.

cutthemdown
01-15-2012, 11:13 PM
Anyone who can hope for Giant and Niner fans to obtain glory again must not remember Bronco history. **** that, anyone but the Niners and Giants. In fact I would not mind Pats beating everyone 45-10 from here on out. Makes us look better in fact.

I just don't get this new school thinking where teams like the Giants and Niners who clowned us in a Superbowl are more hated then the Pats who we share a history of fighting to get to the Superbowl with. Ravens? hell they are the old Browns and will forever be our bitch in games that matter. You can change your name and move to a new city but the DNA is the same.

Nope I will always pull for the AFC west. We are better off with the Champs in our conference. Play the best, become the best. One reason AFC west stinks is we spend our time playing each other. We all stink, no one gets better.

cutthemdown
01-15-2012, 11:18 PM
Hell the Steelers are like my fav afc team. How Kordell didn't hand the ball off to Bettis in that AFC championship game i will never understand. He was killing us, we were about to maybe lose. Then he throws a pick in the end zone to if I remember right Aldridge? who was gone by the 2nd superbowl right?

I still hate teams in this order:
1-Raiders
2-Chargers
3-Chiefs
4-Cowboys- they crushed my 7 yr old heart!
5-Redskins- we really should have won that superbowl! REEEVES!!!!
6-Niners- 55 points, seriously you needed 55 points, **** you!
7-Giants- Had our dudes been on crack maybe we could have played like crazed dogs!
8-Miami Dolphins- seriously, if you are a Bronco fan you know why
9-Jacksonville Jaguars-uhhh see above. **** YOU BRUNELL!
10-Detroit Lions- They way they acted when they beat us launched them to top10

cutthemdown
01-15-2012, 11:20 PM
Seriously was anything more disturbing the watching the Lions, instead of becoming this new talented team on the rise, become this team of thugs, no class win they win or lose ingrates?

Whose coaching that team anyways?

Archer81
01-15-2012, 11:32 PM
E. None of the above.

All of these teams already have at least one title season.

:Broncos:

Pick Six
01-15-2012, 11:40 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Alex Smith get a ring. F the doubters...

Bronco Yoda
01-16-2012, 12:13 AM
I'm guessing by the votes and posts here thus far, most here didn''t live through that 55-10 SB drubbing and then their obnoxious fans afterwards.

Blart
01-16-2012, 12:45 AM
I lived through the 55-10 drubbing and witnessed all the kids in my AURORA school wear 49'ers gear the next few years. Turncoats!

But I have a rule - I have to root for the team where I'm currently living* unless they're playing Denver.

*Does not apply to Oakland/San Diego

razorwire77
01-16-2012, 01:09 AM
The niners are the only team and fan base left that don't make me want to vomit in my mouth, so I'll go with SF.

Blueflame
01-16-2012, 01:26 AM
Intensely dislike all 4 teams "left standing"... particularly the Patriots. Still hold a grudge against the Giants and 9ers... and have never liked the Ravens. Kinda indifferent about the rest of the playoffs and the SB. Will probably watch but couldn't possibly care less other than hoping the Patriots lose at some point.

Miss I.
01-16-2012, 03:44 AM
I said 49ers because I don't like any of the others, though a repeat of the Giants on Pats would not be so bad. I am sorely disappointed Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay let me down. I was so sure they were going back to back. I just don't want the Patriots to win. My hate is strong for them, not as strong as for the Raiders, but a close second.

Toshiro Takashi
01-16-2012, 04:20 AM
I'm guessing by the votes and posts here thus far, most here didn''t live through that 55-10 SB drubbing and then their obnoxious fans afterwards.

Most people on this board didn't become Broncos fans until April 22, 2010.

I'll be pulling for the AFC. Pats or Ravens dont matter to me. The NFC have won 3 of the last 4 and I don't want to see a repeat of the 80s & 90s.

Toshiro Takashi
01-16-2012, 04:21 AM
The niners are the only team and fan base left that don't make me want to vomit in my mouth, so I'll go with SF.
The 49ers have sucked for so long all their "fans" have died.

Miss I.
01-16-2012, 05:02 AM
Anyone who can hope for Giant and Niner fans to obtain glory again must not remember Bronco history. **** that, anyone but the Niners and Giants. In fact I would not mind Pats beating everyone 45-10 from here on out. Makes us look better in fact.

I just don't get this new school thinking where teams like the Giants and Niners who clowned us in a Superbowl are more hated then the Pats who we share a history of fighting to get to the Superbowl with. Ravens? hell they are the old Browns and will forever be our b**** in games that matter. You can change your name and move to a new city but the DNA is the same.

Nope I will always pull for the AFC west. We are better off with the Champs in our conference. Play the best, become the best. One reason AFC west stinks is we spend our time playing each other. We all stink, no one gets better.

I fullly admit my NFL and Broncos history is limited. I didn't even start watching American football of any kind until I moved to KC in 2005 and watched the Chiefs play. They were my team until 2008 when a wiser friend showed me the light. It turns out, my dad played football as Bronco at his university in the 70s so it was obviously meant to be. So yes I have not the history of watching us get blown out by the Joe Montana led 49ers or any idea about the history with the Giants.

Instinctively I prioritize my NFL in the following ways:
1. Broncos are #1. Love with blinding orange colored glasses no apologies.
2. HATE the RAIDERS 24hrs - 7 days. Have since I was a child growing up in LA. no reason, just born that way.
3. Hate any team that gets in the way of my team at least for that game.
4. HATE DETROIT...this is recent because I hated the way the team behaved at Mile High and how their fans behaved at the game here in London. Tony Scheffler now has my undying loathing because of his crap at that game.
5. HATE the PATRIOTS - they cheat and I blame them for Josh McDaniels.
6. HATE STEELERS largely because of Ben but also because of 2005 AFC loss. I used to enjoy their smash mouth style, but Ben's off field rapist activities make it very difficult for me not to look at him and see ****bag. He was a fun player to watch for me, but now I want him buried under a cartoon boulder.
7. Love Tony Gonzales. This is admittedly a hangover from my KC days, but I like him. He's a great TE and a decent human being, and also not hard on the eyes.
8. Favorite underdogs: Houston Texans and the Arizona Cardinals.

No other hard and fast rules I can think of, those are mine, those are why. Sorry I don't have your historical knowledge, but all I got is some sort insane football fever that drives my passion for the game.

BroncoFanatic
01-16-2012, 07:12 AM
49ers

I hate them the least of the remaining teams

And I absolutely remember SF killing us in the super bowl

Powderaddict
01-16-2012, 07:23 AM
I went with the Giants. I wouldn't mind the 49ers.

I can't root for the ratbirds, and I really don't want McD to gravy train a ring.

I'm afraid that I think the Pats will win it, but I really don't want them to. I'll be rooting for the ratbirds on Sun (ick).

Jason in LA
01-16-2012, 07:34 AM
As long as the Pats don't win it I'm cool. I never like Brady or that team much, and seeing these pass it all the time while playing no defense teams lose is enjoyable.

Defense wins championships, and three of the four teams left play defense. The Pats don't.

I wouldn't mind seeing the 49ers go down either. No need to see them get a sixth Super Bowl. But I do like their style of play a lot.

strafen
01-16-2012, 07:46 AM
winner of the Giants -49 game will win the superbowl

The road to the SB goes thru New York...

Chris
01-16-2012, 08:22 AM
Was going to root for the Giants but based on the chest pumping and general douchiness at work this morning I'm going 49ers... hope the giants get punched in the mouth.

BroncoBeavis
01-16-2012, 08:30 AM

I'll be pulling for the AFC. Pats or Ravens dont matter to me. The NFC have won 3 of the last 4 and I don't want to see a repeat of the 80s & 90s.

Why not? They say history repeats, and if it does, it takes a Broncos championship to break NFC streaks of dominance :)

Pick Six
01-16-2012, 09:07 AM
49ers

I hate them the least of the remaining teams

And I absolutely remember SF killing us in the super bowl

There's nobody left, from that team. It's OK to wish the 49ers well...

Archer81
01-16-2012, 09:10 AM

I was 8 in 1989. I only remember flashes of the game, and only really remember my dad saying Montana is a good QB and my mom saying that Montana can go straight to hell.

:Broncos:

Miss I.
01-16-2012, 09:16 AM
I could live with the Giants and Peyton's retarded brother, largely because that would be heeelarious....Peyton got all the props and his brother is largely mocked so it would be pretty funny if he got 2 SB rings when his brother hasn't..plus again San Diego lost him and got Rivers instead, that would be really funny...If I had to go AFC I guess the Ravens because my hate is strong for the Patriots way and I really don't want Josh a year out of destroying us getting a ring...he's like a short darth vadar working for Emperor Belicheck...I hope Tebow is not his son or something...

Toshiro Takashi
01-16-2012, 09:28 AM
Why not? They say history repeats, and if it does, it takes a Broncos championship to break NFC streaks of dominance :)

Why not? Because the NFC won 13 straight (14 out of 15) Super Bowls and the AFC was considered a JV league. It got so bad that the NFC Championship became the de facto Super Bowl.

Im sure "Miss I." can tell you all about it. Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

Garcia Bronco
01-16-2012, 09:54 AM
9ers

TheReverend
01-16-2012, 09:57 AM
G-Men

gostkowski for 3
01-16-2012, 10:07 AM
whats up with all the hatred towards us? ive always respected the broncos

TheReverend
01-16-2012, 10:19 AM

http://worldbestsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/joshmcdaniels625jan10.jpg

55CrushEm
01-16-2012, 10:21 AM
Any team but the Patriots. Yes, I'll even root for the murderer.

gostkowski for 3
01-16-2012, 10:21 AM
http://worldbestsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/joshmcdaniels625jan10.jpg

yea and? you'll probably be disliking john fox in a couple years too. lots of coaches leave on a sour note. your owner hired him, not us....

BroncoBeavis
01-16-2012, 10:25 AM
yea and? you'll probably be disliking john fox in a couple years too. lots of coaches leave on a sour note. your owner hired him, not us....

You gotta admit, bringing him in the same week was a dick move.

Mile High Mojoe
01-16-2012, 10:28 AM
None of the above since the Broncos aren't there. But I'm going with the Giants, I think Eli is clutch in the playoffs and I'd love to see a rematch with the Pats. Except this time with the Giants D knocking Brady around hard and winning convincingly.

razorwire77
01-16-2012, 10:47 AM
I remember 55-10 like it was yesterday. That being said, prior to this year their fans had endured something like a 9 year playoff drought. As a result, they don't give off nearly the arrogant douche handle vibe that Giant, Patriot, and Raven fans generally give off.

Rohirrim
01-16-2012, 10:52 AM

Too bad the Pats players don't feel the same. I especially liked the quick kick and Brady laughing at our linemen. Real class. I hope Terrell Suggs snaps Brady over his knee. ;D

WolfpackGuy
01-16-2012, 10:55 AM
The needless quick kick was just that, needless.

Miss I.
01-16-2012, 11:47 AM

while I agree our owner hired him, I don't believe John Fox will leave on the same note, unless he manages to oh trade our Star QB, our star WR, and get caught cheating on a game we end up losing anyway.

Why did the Pats take him back exactly? He hasn't been sterling in St. Louis either? He plays the same schemes over and over, he's not that creative. He can make people get great stats, but I think Brady is doing just fine without little Napoleon.

At any rate, the cheating thing makes me a bit cynical about the Pats, combined with Josh's cluster of 2 seasons, and honestly a lot of the Pats fans I've dealt with tend to be a bit condescending which gets tedious. And the last few weeks, of the oh poor Pats, they haven't won a play off in a few years (what is it like 4?) is a bit trying. It's really hard for me to feel sorry for the Pats when they have Tom Brady, Gronkowski, Welker, and Bill Belicheck. And yes they acted like assholes when we got blown out so that didn't exactly seal the warm feelings for the Pats. Do I hate them as much as the Raiders, no, but it's really hard to pull for a team who is basically the New York Yankees of the NFL.

Tombstone RJ
01-16-2012, 12:29 PM
I'd like to see the Giants win it all, I really like Tom Coughlin and I love the Giant's defense, especially their defensive line, its the type of dline I'd love the Broncos to have. I also would like to see Eli Manning get another ring while big brother only has the one ring.

I don't want the 9ers to win another NFL SB. Their fandom is already extraordinarily douchey. If they get another ring it will be over-the-top douchebaggery.

Mile High Mojoe
01-16-2012, 12:39 PM
I'd like to see the Giants win it all, I really like Tom Coughlin and I love the Giant's defense, especially their defensive line, its the type of dline I'd love the Broncos to have. I also would like to see Eli Manning get another ring while big brother only has the one ring.

I don't want the 9ers to win another NFL SB. Their fandom is already extraordinarily douchey. If they get another ring it will be over-the-top douchebaggery.

Agreed. Then they'll break out the glory years of the overrated Montana during the SB. Montana couldn't wear Elway's jock. 4 SB rings be damned, Montana had a great team surrounding him and the best Coach in NFL history but on a lesser team he's out of the league in 3 years.

Bronco Yoda
01-16-2012, 03:49 PM
I lived through the 55-10 drubbing and witnessed all the kids in my AURORA school wear 49'ers gear the next few years. Turncoats!

But I have a rule - I have to root for the team where I'm currently living* unless they're playing Denver.

*Does not apply to Oakland/San Diego

San Fran... One of the great cities of the world IMO.

But that SB scarred me. I threw a big SB party with my mates in Sausalito. Needles to say the group of 'Jersey Shore types' idiot 9er fans that hung out at our place (thanks to one of the roomies) made my life HELL. That was one painful game to host a party for in enemy territory. :P

Bronco Yoda
01-16-2012, 03:59 PM
Any team but the Patriots. Yes, I'll even root for the murderer.

ROFL! I can respect that...Hilarious!

BroncoBen
01-16-2012, 04:30 PM
Why did the Pats take him back exactly? He hasn't been sterling in St. Louis either? He plays the same schemes over and over, he's not that creative. He can make people get great stats, but I think Brady is doing just fine without little Napoleon.

Because Bill Belicheat loves Josh McDaniels, I guess many in the New England media see McDaniels following in the same footsteps as his Mentor. Being a Head too soon.. Belicheat with the Brown... McDaniels with the Broncos.

In a few years when Belicheat is ready to retire, McDaniels is there to fill his spot.

Old Dude
01-16-2012, 04:35 PM
1. Giants
2. 49ers
3. Patriots
4. Ratbirds

extralife
01-16-2012, 04:53 PM
Agreed. Then they'll break out the glory years of the overrated Montana during the SB. Montana couldn't wear Elway's jock. 4 SB rings be damned, Montana had a great team surrounding him and the best Coach in NFL history but on a lesser team he's out of the league in 3 years.

what do you know, one of the bigger idiots on the mane outdoes himself.

Miss I.
01-16-2012, 10:12 PM
Why not? Because the NFC won 13 straight (14 out of 15) Super Bowls and the AFC was considered a JV league. It got so bad that the NFC Championship became the de facto Super Bowl.

Im sure "Miss I." can tell you all about it. Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

any reason you decided to pick on me you ****ing douchebag? Just curious.

Oh wait, I see your join date is Nov 2011. **** off.

canadianbroncosfan
01-16-2012, 10:34 PM
49ers. Why? Because this is how they feel about the Raiders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXVvbY633fU&feature=related

Dedhed
01-16-2012, 11:08 PM

...He says with a Nov 2011 join date.

Dedhed
01-16-2012, 11:13 PM

I used to root for the Pats, but their fan base has morphed into a gaggle of obnoxious douches. Their coach cheated his way to at least one SB, and now the fans are the NFL's version of Yankees fans.

ol#7
01-17-2012, 12:59 AM
Well if you are using the SB as a reason, to me the 49er SB stung the least, it was the only game we played that I knew going in we were in trouble. Man I wish Houston had pulled it off though, no real rooting interest left, outside of hoping Brady gets stabbed on the way to the game.