PDA

View Full Version : Snap count and lack of adjustments

IHaveALight
01-15-2012, 10:06 AM
So after that abysmal o-line performance. I'm wondering did McDanials teach snap count secrets to their d-line? Seemed to me they were jumping the snap and in the backfield nearly every damn play. Why did McCoy not catch onto this and adjust the count?

The Patriots are so effective with those quick snaps you'd think maybe McCoy could stand to learn something from that too. ???

Que
01-15-2012, 10:13 AM
Something happened and that's for sure. I don't see how they could do so well against the Steelers and utterly suck against against the Pats.

go_broncos
01-15-2012, 10:16 AM
Mcd strikes again. Biggest mistake is to hire this dumbass.

Rohirrim
01-15-2012, 10:23 AM
I highly doubt that Fox used any of the same nomenclature that McD used.

IHaveALight
01-15-2012, 10:31 AM
I highly doubt that Fox used any of the same nomenclature that McD used.

Why not? It's the same OC calling the plays. Plus he started the year with the same 3 quarterbacks and 4 out of 5 of the same o-line. I doubt much was changed at all.

go_broncos
01-15-2012, 10:41 AM
Why not? It's the same OC calling the plays. Plus he started the year with the same 3 quarterbacks and 4 out of 5 of the same o-line. I doubt much was changed at all.

Yep..it's the same OC..NE defense played like number 1 defense which they clearly are not.

Mcd simply ruined broncos in almost all possible ways.

Vegas_Bronco
01-15-2012, 10:50 AM
What would be great is to see belichek say thank you and fire him this week.

elsid13
01-15-2012, 10:54 AM
So after that abysmal o-line performance. I'm wondering did McDanials teach snap count secrets to their d-line? Seemed to me they were jumping the snap and in the backfield nearly every damn play. Why did McCoy not catch onto this and adjust the count?

The Patriots are so effective with those quick snaps you'd think maybe McCoy could stand to learn something from that too. ???

They had two weeks to prepare and adjust a previous successful game plan they used against Denver. Given that fact and Denver was traveling it not hard to understand why they were successful.

Cito Pelon
01-15-2012, 11:01 AM
McCoy or somebody should have found some urgency. I was so furious with the so-called 2-minute drill to end the first half. Run on first down for five yds, incomplete on 2nd down, then have to take a timeout to avoid delay of game on third down. Were they actually trying to score or what?

Dedhed
01-15-2012, 11:02 AM
I think it was just a matter of brutally obvious play calling and a complete lack of creativity on McCoy's part. If you have that many negative plays, the defense knows what is coming.

go_broncos
01-15-2012, 11:04 AM
The first thing that Elway has to do is to Fire coaches on offensive side..

Cito Pelon
01-15-2012, 11:10 AM
I think it was just a matter of brutally obvious play calling and a complete lack of creativity on McCoy's part. If you have that many negative plays, the defense knows what is coming.

Sure enough. No creativity at all. No screens, no pitchouts, no reverses.

Armchair Bronco
01-15-2012, 11:11 AM
McCoy or somebody should have found some urgency. I was so furious with the so-called 2-minute drill to end the first half. Run on first down for five yds, incomplete on 2nd down, then have to take a timeout to avoid delay of game on third down. Were they actually trying to score or what?

The delay of game penalty was when I could see the frustration on everyone's faces. Fox was pissed and threw an evil stare in McCoy's direction. McCoy's face was red as a beet, and he looked completely lost. And Tebow was frustrated as he walked over to the sideline with an expression that said "Why can't you get the play call in on time?"

How hard could it have been for McCoy to say: "Run it up the middle again!" ?

Armchair Bronco
01-15-2012, 11:12 AM
The first thing that Elway has to do is to Fire coaches on offensive side..

Any rebuilding plan has to start with a new OC.

IHaveALight
01-15-2012, 11:31 AM
They had two weeks to prepare and adjust a previous successful game plan they used against Denver. Given that fact and Denver was traveling it not hard to understand why they were successful.

I expected them to have some success.
But their front flat out dominated the Broncos front. They were in the backfield immediately numerous times. The Patriots haven't played like that against anybody all year long.

zdoor
01-15-2012, 11:39 AM
I doubt it was snap count. I'd guess his knowledge of hochstein, Walton and Beadles gave a lot of help. Tebow played poorly but the Pats looked like the Giants pass rush against us...

Bronx33
01-15-2012, 11:41 AM
I am very interested in what off season moves this team does in the coaching dept.

ColoradoDarin
01-15-2012, 11:43 AM
I expected them to have some success.
But their front flat out dominated the Broncos front. They were in the backfield immediately numerous times. The Patriots haven't played like that against anybody all year long.

Not an identical situation, but reminded me a lot of the Bucs/raiders Superbowl where the D knew the calls and even the audible calls that the raider's O were running.

Cito Pelon
01-15-2012, 11:45 AM
I am very interested in what off season moves this team does in the coaching dept.

Yeah, me too.

Dedhed
01-15-2012, 11:45 AM
But their front flat out dominated the Broncos front. They were in the backfield immediately numerous times.
And yet not a single screen that I recall. It's almost laughable.

ColoradoDarin
01-15-2012, 11:58 AM
And yet not a single screen that I recall. It's almost laughable.

But we had numerous play-action calls where Tebow almost faked the hand off to the Pats DT.

IHaveALight
01-15-2012, 12:05 PM
But we had numerous play-action calls where Tebow almost faked the hand off to the Pats DT.

LOL

KipCorrington25
01-15-2012, 12:27 PM
I'm sure with both Belicheat and McCheat together again they taped our walk through.

Pick Six
01-15-2012, 02:04 PM
What would be great is to see belichek say thank you and fire him this week.

He is going to be the OC, next year...

barryr
01-15-2012, 02:06 PM
It is the QB's job though to change the cadence and snap count, but the Pats were going to win regardless especially when the Broncos decided to employ a safe game plan and not an aggressive one and take chances.