PDA

View Full Version : Could be worse, guys...

Bob's your Information Minister
01-15-2012, 09:05 AM
While you guys are winning playoff games, the Chiefs' GM is getting annoyed by candy wrappers in the halls.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/01/14/3371495/arrowhead-anxiety-turnover-off.html

A few highlights:

Haley suspected that many rooms at the team facility were bugged so that team administrators could monitor employees’ conversations. Stopping finally in a conference room, Haley said he believed his personal cellphone, a line he used before being hired by the Chiefs in 2009, had been tampered with.

During his first year, Pioli noticed a candy wrapper in a back stairwell and waited to see how long it took to be picked up. About a week passed, and it remained in the stairwell. He placed the wrapper in an envelope, and during a meeting of department heads, Donovan, then the team’s chief operating officer, brandished the wrapper as evidence of the attention to detail that Chiefs employees had grown to ignore.

“A great coaching moment,” Donovan said.

Pioli frequently came down hard on minutiae. Some emphases made sense, some staffers said; others, though, seemed over the top. One executive, who’s no longer with the team, was sent to human resources for casually referring to Pioli by his last name; the executive said, however, that first names were acceptable. Pioli also sent a memo with detailed instructions, including which stairway to use and which doorway to enter, when using the facility’s gym.

When Pioli took over the Chiefs, he seemed determined to eliminate the chance of a competitor spying on his team. This past November, a security guard noticed a sedan stopped on Lancer Lane, a public road that runs adjacent to the Chiefs’ practice fields, as the team’s morning session was beginning. The driver took a photograph on his cell phone, and the guard ran toward him, standing there until the man deleted the picture. As the guard returned to his post, he told a Star reporter that, if the man hadn’t erased the photo, the guard would’ve confiscated the phone.

Melton said she frequently took the brunt of Pioli’s outbursts on such matters as the temperature in his office, the radio signal in the weight room, and how much the organization spent annually on coffee.

mustangtoby
01-15-2012, 12:05 PM
What makes you think any of us care about the Chefs? Get real bob.

ColoradoDarin
01-15-2012, 12:26 PM

Here's a free tip: Put Bob on ignore, and don't reply to his posts, this was almost off the page already :flower:

SoCalBronco
01-15-2012, 12:41 PM
Pioli sounds like a real douche to work for. That article reminds me of stuff Saban used to do at Miami.

mwill07
01-15-2012, 12:47 PM

Seriously. KC is an irrelevant team with irrelevant coach, irrelevant QB, playing in an irrelevant town.

Might as well be talking about the Browns.

oubronco
01-15-2012, 01:02 PM
i thought you were totally into the Pats now clamchowdahead

Turd_Ferguson
01-15-2012, 01:05 PM
So, you pussed out and let him make you delete the picture huh? Well at least you still have plenty of mental pictures of Casshole for your spank bank Bob.

yerner
01-15-2012, 01:09 PM
I found that interesting. Thanks bobo.

Why the **** didn't Pioli's fat ass pick up the wrapper? Wouldn't that be the real leadership lesson? ****ing ex patriots all think they're belicheat.

Peoples Champ
01-16-2012, 08:01 AM
While you guys are winning playoff games, the Chiefs' GM is getting annoyed by candy wrappers in the halls.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/01/14/3371495/arrowhead-anxiety-turnover-off.html

A few highlights:

True, we could be the Chiefs, or even worse, we could be the Jets.

Peoples Champ
01-16-2012, 10:02 AM
Bob this makes me sympathize with the chiefs a little more. I knew there is something shady with that whole New England regime, this proves the spygate scandal even more, and I know there is still shady stuff going on in NE even with Pioli gone to KC. They need to dump Pioli asap.

Kaylore
01-16-2012, 10:36 AM

A few highlights:

That's actually pretty funny. I had a boss like that. He got fired.

LonghornBronco
01-16-2012, 10:46 AM
Makes me think Bellicheck is a total control freak...

cutthemdown
01-16-2012, 01:27 PM
Let's face it Pioli is paranoid about cheating for one reason. He knows the pats are doing all those things. When you are a thief you often have the most secure house on the block. Just how it is.

cutthemdown
01-16-2012, 01:28 PM
Really though now that it it over our season not much different then the rest of the division. We happened to win the tie breaker and make some big plays in the wildcard round. Still though for us Bronco fans its win it all or the yr isn't a good one. It's a step in the right direction, and that is all.

Tombstone RJ
01-16-2012, 01:44 PM

A few highlights:

attention to detail is great, in fact it's absolutely necessary when running an NFL organization. Pioli's problem is he--sometimes--loses focus on what is important when it comes to details (I think cleanliness is important and I like the wrapper point because it is a detail about how the facility looks and that is all about pride) and what is not important like writing "Pioli" on an application. That's not important and just exposes Pioli's ego.

Peoples Champ
01-16-2012, 02:13 PM
attention to detail is great, in fact it's absolutely necessary when running an NFL organization. Pioli's problem is he--sometimes--loses focus on what is important when it comes to details (I think cleanliness is important and I like the wrapper point because it is a detail about how the facility looks and that is all about pride) and what is not important like writing "Pioli" on an application. That's not important and just exposes Pioli's ego.

Ya you have to be attention to detail when your cheating, its how you don't get caught.

KCStud
01-16-2012, 08:56 PM
So far this is Haley opening his mouth to the media without any substantial proof to back it up.

Considering Pioli walked into Arrowhead in 2009 and saw King Carl's scouts goofing off on the internet during a meeting, I don't blame him for being more strict.

Peoples Champ
01-17-2012, 07:33 AM
So far this is Haley opening his mouth to the media without any substantial proof to back it up.

Considering Pioli walked into Arrowhead in 2009 and saw King Carl's scouts goofing off on the internet during a meeting, I don't blame him for being more strict.

there is definitely some shady stuff going on there, its some Jason Bourne stuff. Not sure what the conspiracy is, but if I was a chiefs fan I would consider rooting for another team until Pioli is gone. I would choose an NFC team so you dont have to root against KC too much. You should choose the St Louis Rams, same state, new coach, and things cannot get worse and are uphill from here.

cutthemdown
01-17-2012, 08:55 AM
The only playoff losses that really hurt are when you know your team is good enough to win it all. So for me 1996 just never goes away. We could have had a 3peat had we won that stupid jags game.

This loss just didn't hurt that much. We were 8-8, lost our last 3, anyone who knows football realizes that isn't going to end well in the playoffs.

cutthemdown
01-17-2012, 08:58 AM

We have always known that he is sort of not intellectual right? LOL thats my new yr way of saying hes a stupid jock. By doing what he is doing he is damaging his career. Mcdaniels was ridiculed out of town but he took the high road, said i didnt get it done, i am moving on. He didn't say Pat Bowlen is a drunk, i never wanted to trade Cutler, he drank a bottle of gin and just did it. LOL. What team will want to hire Haley if they feel once gone he either lies or spills team secrets?