PDA

View Full Version : Offense Line

Vine
01-14-2012, 08:38 PM
Worst game ever played by an offensive line for any team in any game ever.

SureShot
01-14-2012, 08:40 PM
Pretty much

rbackfactory80
01-14-2012, 08:41 PM
They had no chance when the D knew what was coming on every single play.

If you can't out physical them you better out play-call them and we did neither.

Agamemnon
01-14-2012, 08:43 PM
I'm now 100% behind the drafting of a tackle in the 1st round. Then we can move Franklin to his rightful position inside, and move Beadles to his rightful position on the bench.

dsmoot
01-14-2012, 08:47 PM
Worst game ever played by an offensive line for any team in any game ever.

No it wasn't

spdirty
01-14-2012, 08:48 PM
I'm now 100% behind the drafting of a tackle in the 1st round. Then we can move Franklin to his rightful position inside, and move Beadles to his rightful position on the bench.

And what do we do with Walton?

Vine
01-14-2012, 08:54 PM
No it wasn't

16 negative plays and Tebow running for his life every time he dropped back.

Yes it was.

MrPeepers
01-14-2012, 08:55 PM
in all fairness, not like fox is gonna be a real mystery as a coach. NE had a lot of time to prepare and we are a conservative team. I don't think our Oline is as good as "Simms" thinks it is. Tim had 2 blind sacks in the first half with an extra lineman in.

snowspot66
01-14-2012, 08:57 PM
I think it's pretty obvious the lack of a full traditional passing game is not just on Tebow. Receivers dropping balls and the linemen missing more blocks than a three year old's pack of legos isn't conducive to an efficient passing game.

dsmoot
01-14-2012, 08:58 PM
16 negative plays and Tebow running for his life every time he dropped back.

Yes it was. What other games over 75 years of the NFL were you comparing such a statement "Worst game ever played by an offensive line for any team in any game ever". I've seen plenty of games and it wasn't. Call Archie Manning and ask him about the first 8 years of his career. Your statement was idiotic.

Ziggy
01-14-2012, 08:58 PM

Trade him for a 7th round pick and a bag of chips.

Vine
01-14-2012, 09:01 PM
What other games over 75 years of the NFL were you comparing such a statement "Worst game ever played by an offensive line for any team in any game ever". I've seen plenty of games and it wasn't. Call Archie Manning and ask him about the first 8 years of his career. Your statement was idiotic.

I have been watching football for the last 30 years ever since I can remember. I don't remember watching a game in which an offensive line just got totally destroyed throughout agame.

A lot of it falls on coaching as well. The Patriots totally exploited the Broncos predictability.

Mogulseeker
01-14-2012, 09:03 PM
I'm getting frusterated with the lack or progress w/Beadles.

Hochstein was burned on almost every play... the tackles were okay... Walton is stil la below-average starter.

dsmoot
01-14-2012, 09:17 PM
I have been watching football for the last 30 years ever since I can remember. I don't remember watching a game in which an offensive line just got totally destroyed throughout agame.

A lot of it falls on coaching as well. The Patriots totally exploited the Broncos predictability.

Well, I go back to 1965 in my memory. The 0-14 Tampa team was horrific. I watched John Unitas get destroyed for 3 quarters by the Fearsome Foursome of the LA Rams before they mercifully took him out of the game only to watch his backup get carted off. The before mentioned OL Archie Manning played behind in New Orleans was unbelievably bad. The man must have led the league in getting sacked almost every year for quite a while and they couldn't run the ball effectively either.

This was one game and you are over reacting terribly. This game was snowballing and was indeed bad, but far from the worst ever.

Denver724
01-14-2012, 09:20 PM

But Phil Simms gave both Franklin and Beadles props tonight. He said Beadles was one heck off a pulling guard and we are set for at least 10 years with a Franklin/Clady tackle tandem.

snowspot66
01-14-2012, 09:21 PM
Well, I go back to 1965 in my memory. The 0-14 Tampa team was horrific. I watched John Unitas get destroyed for 3 quarters by the Fearsome Foursome of the LA Rams before they mercifully took him out of the game only to watch his backup get carted off. The before mentioned OL Archie Manning played behind in New Orleans was unbelievably bad. The man must have led the league in getting sacked almost every year for quite a while and they couldn't run the ball effectively either.

This was one game and you are over reacting terribly. This game was snowballing and was indeed bad, but far from the worst ever.

The fact that you have to go back to 1965 says it all about our offensive line.

ScottXray
01-14-2012, 09:26 PM

Hopefully with a better blocking LG in Waltons play will be adequate. We have too many holes to draft both RT and Center. Maybe a FA pickup is available but we also need to fix the Defense ( MLB , safety, CB, DT) and get another RB, WR to pair with DT, and TE.

We did allright for the first year of a 3 year plan. We need to remember that and stick to it. Hopefully a few FA will come to us and Bowlen will open the checkbook.

dsmoot
01-14-2012, 09:26 PM
The fact that you have to go back to 1965 says it all about our offensive line.

It says nothing about our OL. I didn't have to go back that far to make any comparison. What are you talking about.

Agamemnon
01-14-2012, 09:29 PM

Replace him in a year if he doesn't improve.

Agamemnon
01-14-2012, 09:30 PM
But Phil Simms gave both Franklin and Beadles props tonight. He said Beadles was one heck off a pulling guard and we are set for at least 10 years with a Franklin/Clady tackle tandem.

Are you seriously taking anything Simms says seriously? Hilarious!

Rolandftw
01-14-2012, 09:30 PM
Someone didn't watch the Rams play this year.

dsmoot
01-14-2012, 09:31 PM
Hopefully with a better blocking LG in Waltons play will be adequate. We have too many holes to draft both RT and Center. Maybe a FA pickup is available but we also need to fix the Defense ( MLB , safety, CB, DT) and get another RB, WR to pair with DT, and TE.

We did allright for the first year of a 3 year plan. We need to remember that and stick to it. Hopefully a few FA will come to us and Bowlen will open the checkbook.

Realistically, we will have to spread our attention around in a number of area. Hopefully, we will open the checkbook and strike some gold free agency like we did at RB. When we went from the Wade Phillips to the Mike Shanahan era we were incredibly successful in free agency. I thought we were quite thin when Wade left although I think he did trade for Zimmerman.

Agamemnon
01-14-2012, 09:31 PM
I'm getting frusterated with the lack or progress w/Beadles.

Hochstein was burned on almost every play... the tackles were okay... Walton is stil la below-average starter.

Franklin was not okay. He was a turnstile for much of the game, and the Pats don't even have an elite edge rusher.

Agamemnon
01-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Someone didn't watch the Rams play this year.

I did some, and they weren't as bad as our line tonight.

Agamemnon
01-14-2012, 09:35 PM
Trade him for a 7th round pick and a bag of chips.

Or you could do something that actually makes sense, like keep him around for depth. He was a 3rd round pick, and most 3rd round players are depth players.

fwf
01-15-2012, 06:34 AM
Franklin was not okay. He was a turnstile for much of the game, and the Pats don't even have an elite edge rusher.

Thats the worst part. The dont have a decent pass rusher and their secondary was suppose to be one of the worst in the league.

barryr
01-15-2012, 06:36 AM
I am for moving Franklin to LG and Beadles being a swingman, backing up at guard and tackle in a pinch. They need more physical play inside and many believed Franklin would be better at guard than tackle. Which leaves RT open, unless Harris is ready to come back and can stay healthy, a big if there though.

Mogulseeker
01-15-2012, 09:43 AM
I am for moving Franklin to LG and Beadles being a swingman, backing up at guard and tackle in a pinch. They need more physical play inside and many believed Franklin would be better at guard than tackle. Which leaves RT open, unless Harris is ready to come back and can stay healthy, a big if there though.

I'm more for bringing in another guard and keeping Franklin at RT. Kupe/Franklin will be just plain solid in run blocking.

But I like the idea of Beadles being the all-time backup at every o-line position.