PDA

View Full Version : In retrospect

zms325i
01-14-2012, 08:18 PM
I don't post often, but am obsessively watching most threads on this great site. Tonight, as I was becoming more angry and embarrassed about the outcome of this game, I thought back to the beginning of the season. I didn't think we would be terrible, but I sure as hell didn't think it would end with us playing in the second round of the playoffs. This broncos season has been the most exciting and overachieving season full of unprobable elations and random, confusing disappointments I have ever experienced as a fan of any sports team. It has been an amazing ride, and a total blast. Heres to moving forward next season!

TheReverend
01-14-2012, 08:23 PM
This rare post was 1000% better than most of these wannabes. Be more frequent please. For me.

Jetmeck
01-14-2012, 08:25 PM
This rare post was 1000% better than most of these wannabes. Be more frequent please. For me.

How many of your 28k posts were memorable ? lol

OrangeSe7en
01-14-2012, 08:26 PM
^^^

Ditto. This team started 1-4 and made it to the second round of the playoffs. It's a very young team that, in over achieving, treated us to a magic ride. It was a very fun season.

SureShot
01-14-2012, 08:26 PM
Totally agree

Agamemnon
01-14-2012, 08:27 PM
I don't post often, but am obsessively watching most threads on this great site. Tonight, as I was becoming more angry and embarrassed about the outcome of this game, I thought back to the beginning of the season. I didn't think we would be terrible, but I sure as hell didn't think it would end with us playing in the second round of the playoffs. This broncos season has been the most exciting and overachieving season full of unprobable elations and random, confusing disappointments I have ever experienced as a fan of any sports team. It has been an amazing ride, and a total blast. Heres to moving forward next season!

True enough. But for it to end like this still gives me a sick feeling.

TheReverend
01-14-2012, 08:28 PM
How many of your 28k posts were memorable ? lol

Considering I have no idea who your phaggot ass is after over 3k, obviously more than yours douche-bag.

bpc
01-14-2012, 08:28 PM
We made strides this year. Gotta make some solid additions to the roster this offseason to keep moving forward.

Jay3
01-14-2012, 08:29 PM

Sums it up well.

zms325i
01-14-2012, 08:29 PM
True enough. But for it to end like this still gives me a sick feeling.

It does, but I am sure that in a few weeks, tonight's game will not be what I remember as a fan, it was just too exciting of a season to be totally sullied for me. We have a lot of holes to fill, but those holes were there last week too.

huh??
01-14-2012, 08:33 PM
Absolutely! After a poor start to the season and the resurgence of the Broncos when Tebow came in; THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING!!!!!!

We will be serious contenders. We will be a dominating team in the entire AFC!!:strong:

Orangeflack
01-14-2012, 08:41 PM
Considering the turmoil at the start of the year, the injuries, the ups and downs, it was a great year.

I can't wait to see what happens next year. It has been a long time since I felt that way.

I shouldn't be shocked by this, but yet I am: All the haters are going to come out in force and talk about how Tebow isn't the future and isn't a legit QB. I keep reminding people it was only his 15th or 16th game as a starter and the end of only his second year!

Look at how long it took Alex Smith to get going (and he ran Urban's offense (at Utah) as well.

We do need to shore up the defense. Games to the Patriotsx2 and the Lions show how much help we need there. Particularly the secondary.

All in all...how long until the draft and what position do we have now? ;)

Miss I.
01-14-2012, 08:45 PM

Very good post and am quoting because I like seeing it. I hope you post more often too. I felt as you did and as my slightly calmer perspective returns I see it as you do also. Hope you stick around so I can at least make you a tacky birthday thread. :curtsey:

ScottXray
01-14-2012, 08:51 PM

Good post. We have a lot of positives to think back on. although this game was bad, it gives our front office an idea of what we need to take the next step. Make it so!
And keep posting.

Broncomutt
01-14-2012, 08:51 PM

Pissed off...but yeah....me too:strong:

20 years from now I'll remember this season

Unless we go DYNASTY