PDA

View Full Version : Whos gets the blame for this debacle?

lod01
01-14-2012, 07:41 PM
RBs? WRs? Coaches? OL?

I know..... Defense.

Certainly not Tebow, though. Magnificent 3-11 for 28 yards at the half. Hilarious!

kappys
01-14-2012, 07:43 PM
RBs? WRs? Coaches? OL?

I know..... Defense.

Certainly not Tebow, though. Magnificent 3-11 for 28 yards at the half. Hilarious!

You - you personally are to blame for the Broncos losing this game.

Ass - the whole team **** the bed today. Be happy that the 2nd worst team in the NFL made it to the Divisional round of the playoffs. Its been pretty obvious we've had huge holes all season. Bad teams don't have depth and its shown. Time to continue the rebuild, at least we've got a gamer at QB.

dsmoot
01-14-2012, 07:44 PM
RBs? WRs? Coaches? OL?

I know..... Defense.

No one particularly. We were outmatched both sides of the ball and on special teams.

Spider
01-14-2012, 07:44 PM
the entire team does ....... Hey I am quick to point out Tebows faults , But this is a huge game , he hasnt been in this type of game before , things are going so fast for him right now so hard for him to comprehend anything but survival mode .... on the plus side reg season game next year will be a walk in the park , and getting beat up this bad should bruise an ego or two ....This team will be alot better next year .....

Agamemnon
01-14-2012, 07:45 PM
Coaches. Period.

bronco militia
01-14-2012, 07:45 PM
the broncos defense has given up 83 points so far to the pats this season....

pathetic

spdirty
01-14-2012, 07:46 PM
Everyone on the Broncos sideline. It's OK though. I'd rather lose like this than how the Saints lost. Game like this gives the heart and blood pressure a break, while emphasizing the weaknesses on this team. Also demolishes the "we got where we are cuz of our all world defense" argument.

TonyR
01-14-2012, 07:46 PM
This is what most of the country, including the Vegas odds makers, expected. Rational people knew we were in trouble, although I must admit I didn't think it would be this bad...

NFLBRONCO
01-14-2012, 07:47 PM
Coaches. Period.

I really wish you were right and not have nothing to with our talent issues.

bombay
Plenty to go around. Mostly, the Patriots are a very good and experienced team that knew what to do with an inexperienced and not overly talented Bronco team. Plenty of changes need to be made, starting at QB. Whether you make a big investment with Flynn, or draft a guy like Weeden, Tebow can't be here because his 'fans' are insane. The epic douchebags of the world can follow him to Jacksonville or wherever.

barryr
Nobody. They lost as a team and showed they do not have the talent to go farther. If really want to blame someone, then blame both Shanahan and McDaniels for helping start the 2011 season with not much talent on this team, at least the talent that most playoff teams have. You can't go a decade and not draft legit players on the defensive side of the ball such as the Broncos did and not pay for that. Before this last draft, they had Dumervil, Ayers, and Williams on the defense that they had drafted that were starters within the last decade, but none of those guys are big impact players.

BroncsCheer
01-14-2012, 07:48 PM
Huge talent deficit.

SJ Bronco
01-14-2012, 07:48 PM
I think there is enough blame to go around. Frankly though, (can I call you frankly?) we just ran into a team that had heard enough about the 8-8 Broncos and Tim Tebow and couldn't wait to kick our ass.

SureShot
01-14-2012, 07:49 PM
No one what afun run

anon
Talent. We need more.

Jetmeck
RBs? WRs? Coaches? OL?

I know..... Defense.

Well he doesn't pass block or play defense so please don't try to blame for those two, ok ?

Williams
Everyone on the Denver sideline.

beanerbronco
01-14-2012, 07:50 PM
Everyone does. I also didst expect our boys to win, but had hoped they'd show up to play. I'm still proud of them but the patriots arrow just that well prepared.

fdf
01-14-2012, 07:51 PM
RBs? WRs? Coaches? OL?

I know..... Defense.

I would say a team that has been playing way over it's head this year. It's in the second year of a complete rebuild. And they went to the second round of the playoffs.

TonyR
Coaches. Period.

It's sad how clueless and delusional some fans are. You have no grasp of reality. Have our coaches been perfect? No. But this is about talent, plain and simple. We don't have very much of it.

BroncoBen
You - you personally are to blame for the Broncos losing this game.

Ass - the whole team **** the bed today. Be happy that the 2nd worst team in the NFL made it to the Divisional round of the playoffs. Its been pretty obvious we've had huge holes all season. Bad teams don't have depth and its shown. Time to continue the rebuild, at least we've got a gamer at QB.

Thank you.. talk about hitting it out of the park. Best post I've seen all season.

anon
01-14-2012, 07:52 PM
1st year of complete rebuild, I'd say. This is Fox's first year with a shortened preseason.

Agamemnon
01-14-2012, 07:53 PM
I really wish you were right and not have nothing to with our talent issues.

Talent is an issue, but the game plan on both sides of the ball has been an absolute abomination. And really it doesn't look like the prepared our players at all. That's their job you know...

ant1999e
01-14-2012, 07:53 PM
Coaching, we weren't prepared for this game.

Rascal
01-14-2012, 07:54 PM
I blame McD.

TDmvp
01-14-2012, 07:55 PM
Talent is an issue, but the game plan on both sides of the ball has been an absolute abomination.

The game plan kinda goes out the window when you can't get a stop.
I do have issues with how we called the last 3 mins of the first half but that's about it...

They have more talent then we do period.

We're young in spots and old in spots and will be much better next season.

dsmoot
01-14-2012, 07:56 PM
I would say a team that has been playing way over it's head this year. It's in the second year of a complete rebuild. And they went to the second round of the playoffs.

This was really the first year of at least a 3 yr rebuild. In all honesty, last yr was a year of aimless wandering with McDaniels because we had to bring a new FO and head coach to provide a complete new direction.

Endy
01-14-2012, 07:57 PM
Griese. Plain and simple.

Agamemnon
01-14-2012, 07:58 PM
It's sad how clueless and delusional some fans are. You have no grasp of reality. Have our coaches been perfect? No. But this is about talent, plain and simple. We don't have very much of it.

So running on every 1st down isn't about coaching? So three man rushes against Brady isn't on the coaching? So playing our corners five yards off the receivers isn't on the coaching? Playing simple zones against Brady of all people isn't on coaching? Continuing to run constantly even when down big isn't about coaching? Players clearly not being prepared isn't on the coaches? GTFO.

Spider
01-14-2012, 07:58 PM
Griese. Plain and simple.

LOL mega rep

dsmoot
01-14-2012, 07:59 PM
The game plan kinda goes out the window when you can't get a stop.
I do have issues with how we called the last 3 mins of the first half but that's about it...

They have more talent then we do period.

We're young in spots and old in spots and will be much better next season.

I hope those who are young step up and prove to be real legit NFL players because we will be in trouble at the corners in just a few years.

bpc
01-14-2012, 07:59 PM
Who gets the blame? We were 4-12 last season. STFU and appreciate that we won our division, got to the playoffs, knocked off the defending AFC Champions and will improve in the offseason.

BroncoBeavis
01-14-2012, 08:01 PM
Whoa, Tebow got into a little rhythm there. Better run on 1st and 2nd.

Taco John
01-14-2012, 08:02 PM
We're getting out physicaled on both sides of the ball. They're in our backfield before the ball reaches Tebow in the shotgun position. Our rushing push is flat ugly. And as I feared, we have absolutely no idea how to stop Hernandez/Gronkowski. They may very well be the greatest TE duo to ever play the game together.

Agamemnon
01-14-2012, 08:03 PM
Never seen a coach try and eat up clock running it when down big at halftime. It's unreal.

SureShot
01-14-2012, 08:03 PM
1st down runs

rbackfactory80
01-14-2012, 08:04 PM
So running on every 1st down isn't about coaching? So three man rushes against Brady isn't on the coaching? So playing our corners five yards off the receivers isn't on the coaching? Playing simple zones against Brady of all people isn't on coaching? Continuing to run constantly even when down big isn't about coaching? Players clearly not being prepared isn't on the coaches? GTFO.

Boy would it be great to know for 100 percent certainty what a team was going to 99 percent of the time on 1 out of 3 downs.

Our only problem??? No
Failure to adjust or add wrinkles is unacceptable in a game of this magnitude.

ant1999e
01-14-2012, 08:05 PM
1st down runs

At least they're consistent.

Agamemnon
01-14-2012, 08:06 PM
We're getting out physicaled on both sides of the ball. They're in our backfield before the ball reaches Tebow in the shotgun position. Our rushing push is flat ugly. And as I feared, we have absolutely no idea how to stop Hernandez/Gronkowski. They may very well be the greatest TE duo to ever play the game together.

Our o-line save their worst game of the year for the divisional playoffs. So ridiculous.

KipCorrington25
01-14-2012, 08:07 PM
Paxton

Hilarious!

Agamemnon
Boy would it be great to know for 100 percent certainty what a team was going to 99 percent of the time on 1 out of 3 downs.

Our only problem??? No
Failure to adjust or add wrinkles is unacceptable in a game of this magnitude.

It's obviously not our only problem, but it greatly exacerbated all of our other issues.

Taco John
Our o-line save their worst game of the year for the divisional playoffs. So ridiculous.

This oline misses Kuper.

Killericon
01-14-2012, 08:13 PM

Who else even comes close?

GreatBronco16
01-14-2012, 08:20 PM
This oline misses Kuper.

Even Kuper wouldn't have helped this Oline tonight.

OrangeSe7en
01-14-2012, 08:22 PM
Denver has a rookie QB, two elite pass rushers that are both injured, 2nd and 3rd string safeties...not sure why Mays played so much against New England though.

Tebow missed on passes, some WRs dropped some passes.

The simple fact is, Denver over achieved this year because they had a number of players who played with a lot of heart. It's awesome when classless fans start threads looking to assign blame.

Another truth is, it's never fun when your season ends. But when you look back, it was a great ride. People should have been enjoying it. Instead you have clowns like in the OP.

bombay
01-14-2012, 08:28 PM
We need an NFL calibre quarterback. Among many other needs, but we need a QB that can throw nfl passes consistantly. Tebow can't even be here as a backup because his 'fans' are insane.

Crow
01-14-2012, 08:35 PM
Funny to see the coaches catch so much flack. They guided a bad football team to the 2nd round of the playoffs. That's pretty impressive.

Shananahan
01-14-2012, 08:37 PM
Walton and Hochstein played like every snap was a screen pass.

Agamemnon
01-14-2012, 08:38 PM
We need an NFL calibre quarterback. Among many other needs, but we need a QB that can throw nfl passes consistantly. Tebow can't even be here as a backup because his 'fans' are insane.

We need NFL calibre coaching.

Agamemnon
01-14-2012, 08:40 PM
Funny to see the coaches catch so much flack. They guided a bad football team to the 2nd round of the playoffs. That's pretty impressive.

Certainly doesn't protect Tebow. You know the guy who engineered all those comebacks and had that 80 yard TD pass last week.

But yeah let's give a break to a bunch of guys that call a run on every 1st down and think you beat Brady with a three man rush...

DarkHorse
01-14-2012, 08:41 PM
Whoever calls the offensive plays gets most of the blame tonight for me. Sucked balls watching us run the ball over and over again down by 30+ points. I hated everything about this game - I never expected a win but then again I didn't expect to give up.

broncobum6162
01-14-2012, 08:42 PM
Coaches. Period.

So true!

ScottXray
01-14-2012, 08:42 PM

This was a total TEAM failure. O line, defense, ST, and coaches, WR ( other than DT), and yes Tebow, although he was running for his life back there most downs that were passes. He made something out of nothing on a few plays, hada afew bad passes , had some drops.

We were out physicalled on ALL sides and you want to blame the QB. Dumbass!

R8R H8R
01-14-2012, 08:43 PM
What's the point in pointing fingers? Like many have already said, this team needs more talent, plain and simple.

bombay
01-14-2012, 08:48 PM
This was a total TEAM failure. O line, defense, ST, and coaches, WR ( other than DT), and yes Tebow, although he was running for his life back there most downs that were passes. He made something out of nothing on a few plays, hada afew bad passes , had some drops.

We were out physicalled on ALL sides and you want to blame the QB. Dumbass!

Oh, **** off. The team was terrible in all aspects, but the Broncos need a real QB.

Agamemnon
01-14-2012, 08:53 PM
Oh, **** off. The team was terrible in all aspects, but the Broncos need a real QB.

And when his receivers drop 20% of his passes and his line is swiss cheese, you feel you can adequately say he isn't a real QB and never will be? But Matt "Surrounded by all-pro talent" Flynn is?

You are an idiot of cosmic proportions...

Circle Orange
01-14-2012, 09:18 PM
Who to blame?

EVERY FRAGGIN' BODY. I warned everyone this team couldnt be trusted...either close wins or complete blowouts. Last week, a tight win. This week...a hot mess of ineptitude.

Gotta lot of work to do in the offseason.

Rohirrim
01-14-2012, 09:24 PM
I blame god. He has given a very inconsistent performance. One minute he's there, pulling out the miraculous victory, the next minute it's like he's not even watching. I'm not convinced of his fandom, frankly. Seems to me like something of a fair-weather fan. I just hope He takes this offseason to get it together, work on His focus, and fundamentals.

Bronco Yoda
01-14-2012, 09:29 PM
You learn from games like this. hopefully EFX took notes.

errand
01-14-2012, 09:30 PM
RBs? WRs? Coaches? OL?

I know..... Defense.

How about all of the above save for 1-2 players....

troya900
01-14-2012, 09:35 PM
Whoever calls the offensive plays gets most of the blame tonight for me. Sucked balls watching us run the ball over and over again down by 30+ points. I hated everything about this game - I never expected a win but then again I didn't expect to give up.

Even more frustrating than that was when the D actually forced a punt when the broncos were down 14-7. Inside their own 10 yardline and that idiot McCoy calls run, run, run, punt. Really? They then gave the ball back to Brady at freaking midfield and they promplty drive half the field to go up 21-7. How the hell can he call 3 freaking straight runs inside their own damn 10 yard line at a crucial point in the game where you don't want the score to get out of hand.... just pathetic.

Agamemnon
01-14-2012, 09:37 PM
Even more frustrating than that was when the D actually forced a punt when the broncos were down 14-7. Inside their own 10 yardline and that idiot McCoy calls run, run, run, punt. Really? They then gave the ball back to Brady at freaking midfield and they promplty drive half the field to go up 21-7. How the hell can he call 3 freaking straight runs inside their own damn 10 yard line at a crucial point in the game where you don't want the score to get out of hand.... just pathetic.

Yeah that was kind of the backbreaker. I really couldn't believe they did that...even though I had seen them do it over and over all year.

troya900
01-14-2012, 09:42 PM
Yeah that was kind of the backbreaker. I really couldn't believe they did that...even though I had seen them do it over and over all year.

Exactly it's not like it was the first time in that situation. It just seems unrealistic that McCoy is really that stupid. It's like that mouse that continues to shock itself going after the same piece of cheese over and over again.

Turd_Ferguson
01-14-2012, 09:43 PM
RBs? WRs? Coaches? OL?

I know..... Defense.

$hit who cares they got smoked... Its like saying whose fault is it the country's in debt, I'm sure there is enough "blame" to go around. Coaches can't go on the field and players can't call the plays...

HAT
01-14-2012, 10:00 PM

Many defensive minded coaches/teams take that approach. Half you knuckleheads would still be b****ing and moaning about the playcalling if Tebow throws a pick or got stripped sacked inside his own 5.

In the second quarter of the SD game there was a sequence like that that basically won the game.

People were appalled that they ran a draw on 3rd and 13 from their own 4. They punted, D held SD to 3 and out, Denver got the ball back on their 7, gained a single first down, punted again, D held again and the next thing you know...Denver is starting a drive on the SD 46 and scored a TD. All that with a single 8 yard first down.

Denver - 7:51
1st-10, DEN7 7:51 Denver committed 3 yard penalty
1st-13, DEN4 7:51 W. McGahee rushed up the middle for 3 yard gain
2nd-10, DEN7 7:10 T. Tebow incomplete pass to the left
3rd-10, DEN7 7:00 Denver committed 3 yard penalty
3rd-13, DEN4 7:00 T. Tebow rushed up the middle for 4 yard gain
4th-9, DEN8 6:08 B. Colquitt punt. P. Crayton returned punt for 7 yards

San Diego - 6:08
1st-10, DEN44 6:08 R. Mathews rushed to the left for 2 yard gain
2nd-8, DEN42 5:26 P. Rivers incomplete pass to the left
3rd-8, DEN42 5:20 P. Rivers incomplete pass to the left
4th-8, DEN42 5:09 M. Scifres punt, no return

Denver - 5:08
1st-10, DEN7 5:08 W. McGahee rushed up the middle for 3 yard gain
2nd-7, DEN10 4:35 W. McGahee rushed up the middle for 4 yard gain
3rd-3, DEN14 3:59 T. Tebow passed to E. Decker to the left for 8 yard gain
1st-10, DEN22 3:35 T. Tebow rushed to the left for 4 yard gain
2nd-6, DEN26 3:05 W. McGahee rushed up the middle for 3 yard gain
3rd-3, DEN29 2:29 T. Tebow rushed up the middle for 1 yard gain
4th-2, DEN30 2:19 B. Colquitt punt, no return

San Diego - 2:19
1st-10, SD29 2:19 P. Rivers sacked by E. Dumervil
2nd-23, SD16 2:00 M. Tolbert rushed to the left for 3 yard gain. Denver committed 15 yard penalty
1st-10, SD34 1:56 P. Rivers incomplete pass down the middle
2nd-10, SD34 1:51 P. Rivers incomplete pass to the left
3rd-10, SD34 1:47 M. Tolbert rushed up the middle for no gain
4th-10, SD34 1:27 M. Scifres punt. E. Royal returned punt for 31 yards

Denver - 1:27
1st-10, SD46 1:27 T. Tebow rushed to the left for 3 yard gain
2nd-7, SD43 1:21 T. Tebow passed to D. Fells down the middle for 19 yard gain. D. Fells fumbled. O. Franklin recovered fumble
1st-10, SD24 1:07 T. Tebow rushed up the middle for 1 yard gain. San Diego committed 5 yard penalty
1st-10, SD18 0:55 T. Tebow passed to E. Decker to the left for 18 yard touchdown. M. Prater made PAT

Orange4Life
01-14-2012, 10:07 PM
No one on the team played great. I think they all went down together. The pats are just better than us right now. We played horrible tonight but I think if both teams played their best we still go down by 10-17 points. Our only chance was to play our best and hope the pats were off a little. Instead we were off and pats were 100% on. Its frustrating but we just don't have all the horses we need right now. The good news is that we ARE getting there!

Fedaykin
01-14-2012, 10:16 PM
And when his receivers drop 20% of his passes and his line is swiss cheese, you feel you can adequately say he isn't a real QB and never will be? But Matt "Surrounded by all-pro talent" Flynn is?

You are an idiot of cosmic proportions...

His only successes to date have been against <.500 teams and against the second string D of the Steelers.

He hasn't done **** to prove he's the real deal -- but maybe he will next year (and he should be given the chance -- but we should also bring in more QBs to compete).

Agamemnon
01-14-2012, 10:18 PM
His only successes to date have been against <.500 teams and against the second string D of the Steelers.

He hasn't done **** to prove he's the real deal -- but maybe he will next year (and he should be given the chance -- but we should also bring in more QBs to compete).

The second string D of the Steelers? Sorry can't take you seriously now...

Orange4Life
01-14-2012, 10:21 PM

Funny how no one mentioned anything about steelers second string D before the game. Everyone still fully expected them to stomp us. All you heard before the game was #1 D. NO teams, including ours are at full strength this time of year.

troya900
01-14-2012, 10:22 PM
Many defensive minded coaches/teams take that approach. Half you knuckleheads would still be b****ing and moaning about the playcalling if Tebow throws a pick or got stripped sacked inside his own 5.

In the second quarter of the SD game there was a sequence like that that basically won the game.

People were appalled that they ran a draw on 3rd and 13 from their own 4. They punted, D held SD to 3 and out, Denver got the ball back on their 7, gained a single first down, punted again, D held again and the next thing you know...Denver is starting a drive on the SD 46 and scored a TD. All that with a single 8 yard first down.

Denver - 7:51
1st-10, DEN7 7:51 Denver committed 3 yard penalty
1st-13, DEN4 7:51 W. McGahee rushed up the middle for 3 yard gain
2nd-10, DEN7 7:10 T. Tebow incomplete pass to the left
3rd-10, DEN7 7:00 Denver committed 3 yard penalty
3rd-13, DEN4 7:00 T. Tebow rushed up the middle for 4 yard gain
4th-9, DEN8 6:08 B. Colquitt punt. P. Crayton returned punt for 7 yards

San Diego - 6:08
1st-10, DEN44 6:08 R. Mathews rushed to the left for 2 yard gain
2nd-8, DEN42 5:26 P. Rivers incomplete pass to the left
3rd-8, DEN42 5:20 P. Rivers incomplete pass to the left
4th-8, DEN42 5:09 M. Scifres punt, no return

Denver - 5:08
1st-10, DEN7 5:08 W. McGahee rushed up the middle for 3 yard gain
2nd-7, DEN10 4:35 W. McGahee rushed up the middle for 4 yard gain
3rd-3, DEN14 3:59 T. Tebow passed to E. Decker to the left for 8 yard gain
1st-10, DEN22 3:35 T. Tebow rushed to the left for 4 yard gain
2nd-6, DEN26 3:05 W. McGahee rushed up the middle for 3 yard gain
3rd-3, DEN29 2:29 T. Tebow rushed up the middle for 1 yard gain
4th-2, DEN30 2:19 B. Colquitt punt, no return

San Diego - 2:19
1st-10, SD29 2:19 P. Rivers sacked by E. Dumervil
2nd-23, SD16 2:00 M. Tolbert rushed to the left for 3 yard gain. Denver committed 15 yard penalty
1st-10, SD34 1:56 P. Rivers incomplete pass down the middle
2nd-10, SD34 1:51 P. Rivers incomplete pass to the left
3rd-10, SD34 1:47 M. Tolbert rushed up the middle for no gain
4th-10, SD34 1:27 M. Scifres punt. E. Royal returned punt for 31 yards

Denver - 1:27
1st-10, SD46 1:27 T. Tebow rushed to the left for 3 yard gain
2nd-7, SD43 1:21 T. Tebow passed to D. Fells down the middle for 19 yard gain. D. Fells fumbled. O. Franklin recovered fumble
1st-10, SD24 1:07 T. Tebow rushed up the middle for 1 yard gain. San Diego committed 5 yard penalty
1st-10, SD18 0:55 T. Tebow passed to E. Decker to the left for 18 yard touchdown. M. Prater made PAT

Well to be honest I don't think it mattered that much in the end considering the outcome, but to think that there was going to be some type of field possession battle with the patriots is asinine. It's just frustrating seeing 3 straight running plays in that situation backed up that far in your own territory. I mean there is just no imagination whatsoever in the playcalling and to give a short field to Brady in that situation sucked and it proved to be the start of the wheels completely falling off after battling back to 14-7.

go_broncos
01-14-2012, 10:24 PM
we will not be able to compete with good offenses if we keep playing conservative on offense.

Agamemnon
01-14-2012, 10:24 PM
Funny how no one mentioned anything about steelers second string D before the game. Everyone still fully expected them to stomp us. All you heard before the game was #1 D. NO teams, including ours are at full strength this time of year.

Yeah our offense lost Kuper and Decker early in the game, and let's be honest, our offense losing players hurts a lot more than a deep Pittsburgh D losing guys.

But whatever, it was the backup Pittsburgh defense, and Tebow sucks. ::)

Agamemnon
01-14-2012, 10:26 PM
we will not be able to compete with good offenses if we keep playing conservative on offense.

Pretty much. And really we are never going to have success passing it until we can line up four or five quality receivers on the field when needed. After the Lloyd and Gaffney trades, we can't even manage three.

troya900
01-14-2012, 10:31 PM
Pretty much. And really we are never going to have success passing it until we can line up four or five quality receivers on the field when needed. After the Lloyd and Gaffney trades, we can't even manage three.

It really sucks that Lloyd had to be such a bitch, having him at WR during Tebow's 13 games would have been invaluable imo, and giving away gaffney for some scrap heap garbage was also really stupid.

NFLBRONCO
01-14-2012, 10:34 PM

Our HC likes to play two

go_broncos
01-14-2012, 10:34 PM

I agree..we have lot of holes in this team.
I am disappointed with the way the season has ended.

Bronco Yoda
01-14-2012, 10:48 PM
I still can't believe we don't have Gaff & Lloyd. Just look at the talent we've lost the last few years.

sinuous sausage
01-14-2012, 10:49 PM
Plenty to go around. Mostly, the Patriots are a very good and experienced team that knew what to do with an inexperienced and not overly talented Bronco team. Plenty of changes need to be made, starting at QB. Whether you make a big investment with Flynn, or draft a guy like Weeden, Tebow can't be here because his 'fans' are insane. The epic douchebags of the world can follow him to Jacksonville or wherever.

lulz

Cito Pelon
01-14-2012, 11:11 PM

The Lloyd and Gaffney trades were head scratchers. I guess they were trying to make room for younger guys.

Agamemnon
01-14-2012, 11:13 PM
The Lloyd and Gaffney trades were head scratchers. I guess they were trying to make room for younger guys.

We finished with only three receivers on our roster. It wasn't a matter of room. It's almost as if they wanted to remove even the possibility of running spread formations. And the young guys can't catch a cold to boot...

Cito Pelon
01-14-2012, 11:23 PM
We finished with only three receivers on our roster. It wasn't a matter of room. It's almost as if they wanted to remove even the possibility of running spread formations. And the young guys can't catch a cold to boot...

Yeah, kinda goofy. Ended up TE heavy and short on WR's.

cutthemdown
01-14-2012, 11:39 PM
Broncos fans always want to be able to blame someone. Blame the team for not being good enough. The have an avg oline with its best player out. Only 1 NFL caliber starting WR. Not 1 NFL starter at TE. One defense we have 1 realy good corner, linebacker, dend and that is it. I don't blame Tebow he just doesn't have the tools at the skill spots the top offenses in the NFL do. In fact our skill players not much better then team like the Browns.

I'd even go as far to say all 3 of the team in our division have more weapons for the qbs then we do.

Agamemnon
01-14-2012, 11:43 PM
I'd even go as far to say all 3 of the team in our division have more weapons for the qbs then we do.

This is true.

So...why did we trade Gaffney and Lloyd away again?

NFLBRONCO
01-14-2012, 11:44 PM
Broncos fans always want to be able to blame someone. Blame the team for not being good enough. The have an avg oline with its best player out. Only 1 NFL caliber starting WR. Not 1 NFL starter at TE. One defense we have 1 realy good corner, linebacker, dend and that is it. I don't blame Tebow he just doesn't have the tools at the skill spots the top offenses in the NFL do. In fact our skill players not much better then team like the Browns.

QFT finally someone in reality.

TomServo
01-14-2012, 11:46 PM
Debacle? Debacle? SB 24 was a debacle. this was an 8-8 team taking on the pats. it got away in the 2nd quarter but peyton manning had worse playoff games in his early years. we got a little payback on the stealers for the last time and i for one Never thought we would be playing on january 14. did anyone? we did alright, i dont feel anything like i did when jacksonville beat us in the playoffs, now That freaking Hurt(for months and months). if tim learns in the off season how to fire the ball right off the snap he'll do fine. he did ok for a 2nd year player. he is NOT a rookie.

NFLBRONCO
01-14-2012, 11:48 PM
This is true.

Gaffney I don't get

Lloyd wanted out so I understand that one

cutthemdown
01-15-2012, 12:13 AM
This is true.

At the time we let Gaffney go it didn't seem like we needed WR. But.....then obviously Lloyd didn't want to be hear and boom we are thin at WR. ROyal sort of always just been an avg smaller type/quick wr. Willis meh, Decker, meh he could have a role on the team but he won't even be drawing double teams.

Thomas, he could I think if he gets better. But why stop there why not look for 2 WR who can beat single coverage? Then hell throw in a TE who cant be covered by a linebacker etc etc. Then if we have matchups like that, and Tebow can't get it done, we look for a QB.

Or if Jacksonville want him let them break the bank for him right now. I doubt anyone wants to risk building with Tebow though.

TomServo
01-15-2012, 12:21 AM
like they would have helped tonight? tim cant read and fire Yet and it seems to take forever to learn how to catch tebows wobbely opposite spin passes-when they get there ontime.

Agamemnon
01-15-2012, 12:31 AM
At the time we let Gaffney go it didn't seem like we needed WR. But.....then obviously Lloyd didn't want to be hear and boom we are thin at WR. ROyal sort of always just been an avg smaller type/quick wr. Willis meh, Decker, meh he could have a role on the team but he won't even be drawing double teams.

Thomas, he could I think if he gets better. But why stop there why not look for 2 WR who can beat single coverage? Then hell throw in a TE who cant be covered by a linebacker etc etc. Then if we have matchups like that, and Tebow can't get it done, we look for a QB.

Or if Jacksonville want him let them break the bank for him right now. I doubt anyone wants to risk building with Tebow though.

Just look at the talent Tebow had in college:

Percy Harvin and Aaron Hernandez alone pretty much beat everyone outside of DT (if he figures out how to reliably catch) and McGahee.

Mike Pouncey and Maurkice Pouncey would be a major upgrades over Walton and Beadles.

David Nelson and Louis Murphy are arguably as good if not better than Decker (and are clearly better than Royal or Willis).

Chris Rainey and Jeff Demps are clearly far faster and more dynamic than anything we have at running back.

The simple fact that our offense has less talent than his college offense should tell people a lot about how bad our offensive talent is. The fact that we dumped two solid receivers from this roster is just inexcusable.

So every time people b**** about Tebow, they are b****ing about a guy who is playing in an offense that is a poor fit and that has less talent than what he played with in college. It's ridiculous.

Agamemnon
01-15-2012, 12:33 AM
like they would have helped tonight? tim cant read and fire Yet and it seems to take forever to learn how to catch tebows wobbely opposite spin passes-when they get there ontime.

Being able to line up in formations with more than two receivers could very well have helped actually.

NFLBRONCO
01-15-2012, 12:51 AM
Just look at the talent Tebow had in college:

Percy Harvin and Aaron Hernandez alone pretty much beat everyone outside of DT (if he figures out how to reliably catch) and McGahee.

Mike Pouncey and Maurkice Pouncey would be a major upgrades over Walton and Beadles.

David Nelson and Louis Murphy are arguably as good if not better than Decker (and are clearly better than Royal or Willis).

Chris Rainey and Jeff Demps are clearly far faster and more dynamic than anything we have at running back.

The simple fact that our offense has less talent than his college offense should tell people a lot about how bad our offensive talent is. The fact that we dumped two solid receivers from this roster is just inexcusable.

So every time people b**** about Tebow, they are b****ing about a guy who is playing in an offense that is a poor fit and that has less talent than what he played with in college. It's ridiculous.

Your right but, welcome to Reeves offense part 2. This is why I'm not on board with Tebow as much as alot of fans are. I don't buy FO adding right or enough talent to make this offense alot more scary for other teams.

Armchair Bronco
01-15-2012, 12:56 AM
Coaches. Period.

+1

The coaches really dropped the ball. Absolutely zero creativity. Really one of the all-time piss poor coaching and game planning efforts on both sides of the ball.

McCoy and Fox think that if they just keep calling for runs and fake options, it will eventually work. What a joke.

MacGruder
01-15-2012, 01:02 AM
Who gets the blame?

Broncos "brain" trust..

If Tebow is the starter from the beginning of the season the Broncos could have had a few more wins. They wouldn't have need to expend so much energy to dig out of the hole Orton put them in. Tebow's passing would have been far better which would have taken pressure off the run game and D.

If the Broncos have a better record they are seeded higher and don't have to face a rested Pats team coming off a short week with injuries and fatigue.

Also, Belichick is to blame for this loss too. He knew Tebow's game very very well because he wanted to draft him and is best buds wiht Urban Meyer. Belichick went to a ton of Florida games and of course has Mcd on the team. Add that to Fox's poor ability to utilize Tebow and train him....

The good news is that Tebow was very successful even with a mediocre run game.

Imagine if Tebow had a runner even better than McGahee and McGahee was a bonus? You improve the run game dramatically and that changes everything. The Broncos put even more pressure running the ball which opens the passing.

ton80
01-15-2012, 01:09 AM
This oline misses Kuper.

profound, **** nozzle.

HAT
01-15-2012, 01:12 AM
Who gets the blame?

Broncos "brain" trust..

If Tebow is the starter from the beginning of the season the Broncos could have had a few more wins. T

You of all people should be glad this didn't happen. He would've been benched at the bye and that would've been that.

Agamemnon
01-15-2012, 01:26 AM
Your right but, welcome to Reeves offense part 2. This is why I'm not on board with Tebow as much as alot of fans are. I don't buy FO adding right or enough talent to make this offense alot more scary for other teams.

The problem is that a different QB is still going to need talent. Every QB needs talent. And moving to another QB means we're spending yet more resources that really need to go toward the talent void in our offense.

MacGruder
01-15-2012, 01:33 AM
You of all people should be glad this didn't happen. He would've been benched at the bye and that would've been that.

How do you figure? He was better than Orton with no prep and the team not built around him.

If he had that prep he would have been better sooner and better at the end of the season. Heck.. he could have lost as many games as Orton but at least been allowed to throw in those games which would have made him much better by the end of the season.

TomServo
01-15-2012, 01:36 AM
we had this QB back when that dragged a subpar team to Three superbowls. its why we cant stand these new Tebow fans. Heismans and even college champoinships dont mean a thing to us bronco fans. Elway never played in a freakin bowl game but he got us broncos into 1/3 into the superbowsl in his time.

Drek
01-15-2012, 01:37 AM

Do you really think John Fox and co. will change philosophy just because we have a different QB?

Our offensive fortunes largely hinge on three things. 1. How well can McCoy and Gase coach up Tebow this off-season. 2. What kind of improvement does Magazu extract from the OL this off-season and can Clady with a full off-season of conditioning get back to '08/'09 Clady. 3. Can DT, Decker, and Julius Thomas all step up and play to their natural talent levels.

We can rely on the current brain trust to find us some good DBs, LBs, and RBs. If one through three above happen, we add another dynamic threat at RB, and shore up the massive holes in our back seven (all DBs not named Champ, all safeties not named Dawk, Mays, depth across the board) we could start running a big boy defense and see massive improvement.

Agamemnon
01-15-2012, 01:40 AM
we had this QB back when that dragged a subpar team to Three superbowls. its why we cant stand these new Tebow fans. Heismans and even college champoinships dont mean a thing to us bronco fans. Elway never played in a freakin bowl game but he got us broncos into 1/3 into the superbowsl in his time.

Some Bronco fans are so stuck in the past it's kind of painful to watch.

And that "subpar team" Elway dragged to those Super Bowls? Way, way more talented on both sides of the ball than what we have now.

TomServo
01-15-2012, 02:13 AM
and yet Elway dragged those teams into the big game. with RBs like sammy winder. and wide recievers like? vance jonhson, steve watson?
God, Tebow fans suck. everyone sucks but Tebow. they dont respect Bronco heroes like Craig Morton, Haven Moses. Randy Gradishar

Taco John
01-15-2012, 02:34 AM
profound, **** nozzle.

Wasn't intended to be profound. Just a statement of fact. We need more depth on the offensive line. Simple as that. Everybody knows that Beadles and Hochstein shouldn't be starters. They make for solid depth guys and may in time develop into perennial guys for us, but they're nowhere near that now, and we can't afford to be soft on the inside.

ol#7
01-15-2012, 02:34 AM
and yet Elway dragged those teams into the big game. with RBs like sammy winder. and wide recievers like? vance jonhson, steve watson?
God, Tebow fans suck. everyone sucks but Tebow. they dont respect Bronco heroes like Craig Morton, Haven Moses. Randy Gradishar

Your wrong Tom.

The defenses alone were better than Anything appraching this team. Elway had solid o-lines, Sharpe/Kay/Mobley at TE during his run, The Amigo's were pretty decent during their day, Sewell the original 3rd down man, Winder a multiple time pro-bowler, Wilhite who could change it up. Hardly a dearth of talent. Got great years out of Humpries and gaston greene too. Too bad Humphries flamed out tho'

Agamemnon
01-15-2012, 02:46 AM
Wasn't intended to be profound. Just a statement of fact. We need more depth on the offensive line. Simple as that. Everybody knows that Beadles and Hochstein shouldn't be starters. They make for solid depth guys and may in time develop into perennial guys for us, but they're nowhere near that now, and we can't afford to be soft on the inside.

Pretty much why I'm hoping for OT in the 1st round after this game. As much as I want to address the skill positions to help Tebow, this line needs to be sorted out first. And right now, aside from being soft in the middle we have a G protecting our QB's blindside, and that just isn't working (Franklin's lack of quickness has been exposed repeatedly this season and isn't going to go away just because he isn't a rookie any more). So draft a tackle, shift Franklin to Beadles spot, and bench Beadles. It's as close to killing two birds with one stone as I can think of when it comes to possible 1st round scenarios.

DBroncos4life
01-15-2012, 03:54 AM

Hochstein isn't a starter.

peacepipe
01-15-2012, 06:02 AM
RBs? WRs? Coaches? OL?

I know..... Defense.

all this against the worst defense in the NFL. I think there may be peewee teams out there that could've scored more points.

Armchair Bronco
01-15-2012, 09:47 AM

This was the turning point in the game. We're down 14-7. We have the ball back at about the 10. It's do or die time with the game on the line. It's that moment when the play caller needs to step up and be bold. If we can march 90 yards, there's hope. If not, we're doomed.

And what does McCoy do? He covers himself with his run, run, run, punt security blanket. He mailed it in and it was "game over, man".

go_broncos
01-15-2012, 09:52 AM
This was the turning point in the game. We're down 14-7. We have the ball back at about the 10. It's do or die time with the game on the line. It's that moment when the play caller needs to step up and be bold. If we can march 90 yards, there's hope. If not, we're doomed.

And what does McCoy do? He covers himself with his run, run, run, punt security blanket. He mailed it in and it was "game over, man".

Yep..If Mccoy is still our OC next year, i can predict now what he will do on first down.

Bronx33
01-15-2012, 10:37 AM
We need players of quality to fill some holes.

USMCBladerunner
01-15-2012, 10:53 AM

This is all true, but it was disappointing to see Tebow execute that option left so poorly. The first down was his for the taking, but he hesitated and pitched out where there was no chance for the first. I've never seen Tebow look so bad at the run option. He was wrong almost every time.

Smilin Assassin
01-15-2012, 10:56 AM
I take the blame.

Beating Pittsburgh was my Super Bowl.

I sold my soul for that win, and I apologize. I'll have my priorities in order for next season.

oubronco
01-15-2012, 10:59 AM
This is all true, but it was disappointing to see Tebow execute that option left so poorly. The first down was his for the taking, but he hesitated and pitched out where there was no chance for the first. I've never seen Tebow look so bad at the run option. He was wrong almost every time.

Not only that but why doesn't he ever go to the right side? He makes it easier on the Defense when they only have to defend one side of the field most of the time

USMCBladerunner
01-15-2012, 11:28 AM
Not only that but why doesn't he ever go to the right side? He makes it easier on the Defense when they only have to defend one side of the field most of the time

well that was a called run play to the left, and we run option to the right plenty, but on passing plays Tebow definitely rolls to his left to extend the play almost every single time. It became especially apparent late in the games against the Bears and the Patriots.

He's got quite a few leaks in his game, but I think he has shown tremendous improvement this year, and I so no reason to bail on him for next season. I think he has tremendous physical talent, an unbelievable spirit and will, and great football instincts. He's also a phenomenal leader and person, and this team can and should try to build around him. Especially given the costs associated with going after someone else who will be unproven as well.

But it sure was a bummer watching him perform poorly at something he normally is so dominant at.

broncobum6162
01-15-2012, 04:31 PM
profound, **** nozzle.

Niiice. I would think you had a little more respect for the creator and owner of the forum you are polluting you shiat bird.

broncobum6162
01-15-2012, 04:35 PM
Yep..If Mccoy is still our OC next year, i can predict now what he will do on first down.

True dat. Hope that worthless POS is gone and soon.

broncobum6162
01-15-2012, 04:37 PM
Your wrong Tom.

The defenses alone were better than Anything appraching this team. Elway had solid o-lines, Sharpe/Kay/Mobley at TE during his run, The Amigo's were pretty decent during their day, Sewell the original 3rd down man, Winder a multiple time pro-bowler, Wilhite who could change it up. Hardly a dearth of talent. Got great years out of Humpries and gaston greene too. Too bad Humphries flamed out tho'

Old school! I love it!

broncobum6162
01-15-2012, 04:38 PM

Looks like you n me were watching the same game!

fwf
01-15-2012, 07:49 PM
Can someone tell me why we didn't try and air it out in this game lIke the steelers game? Did Tim not have enough time? Was no one open? We're the plays not called? We showed during the last 3 weeks of the season that our o wasn't capable of sustaining long drives for whatever reason. We one the steeler game bc we air it out and were able to get lucky and connect on some big plays. Tim throws a decent deep play. I'm not sure I remember seeing a single long pass all night. So I'd you're asking me who deserves the most blame I'm going with McCoy. Sry

BroncoBeavis
01-15-2012, 07:52 PM
Can someone tell me why we didn't try and air it out in this game lIke the steelers game? Did Tim not have enough time? Was no one open? We're the plays not called? We showed during the last 3 weeks of the season that our o wasn't capable of sustaining long drives for whatever reason. We one the steeler game bc we air it out and were able to get lucky and connect on some big plays. Tim throws a decent deep play. I'm not sure I remember seeing a single long pass all night. So I'd you're asking me who deserves the most blame I'm going with McCoy. Sry

Biggest thing I'd say about the deep ball is the O-line wasn't giving nearly enough time for anything to develop deep. Plus having only one receiving threat didn't help. How DT did it against Pitt being basically a one man show... that's the real question.

BroncoBeavis
01-15-2012, 08:08 PM

Perfectly put. We absolutely had to come out and smack the Pats in the teeth. Instead we came out trying to hang on for dear life at the outset on both offense and defense.

Watch what Baltimore does to Brady next week. Any money on how much 3-man rush zone coverage you'll be seeing?

And then add on the 2nd half 'adjustments' where it was basically "Try to make the 2nd half go as quickly as possible so we can go home" and the whole team completely gave up.