PDA

View Full Version : Why are we the only team that has to play on a short week?

Doggcow
01-14-2012, 01:58 PM
I don't get it? NYG doesn't have to? What's the deal?

bpc
01-14-2012, 02:01 PM
I thought that was bull**** too. Houston played on Saturday last week, us on Sunday. Thought it made a lot of sense they would roll over the same way the following week. Instead, we get a short week (and are banged up) and Houston now plays the early game on Sunday.

I have no doubt this is a ratings deal and the NFL doesn't really care about anything else. They couldn't have GB/NYG and NE/Denver on the same day with Baltimore/Houston,SF/NO on the other day. They want to spread the money.

Doggcow
01-14-2012, 02:02 PM
It's bull**** that's what it is.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-14-2012, 02:03 PM
So Jesus can take an actual break on the Sabbath, instead of constantly intervening on Sundays. Duh.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-14-2012, 02:10 PM
Because the schedule for the home teams this weekend was set before the games were played last weekend?

Doggcow
01-14-2012, 02:17 PM
Because the schedule for the home teams this weekend was set before the games were played last weekend?

So they planned on giving us a short week? That's totally ****ed.

Whether us or Pitt played.. We got a short week...

orinjkrush
01-14-2012, 02:21 PM
Hold your ground, hold your ground! Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/3980205552.jpg

Agamemnon
01-14-2012, 02:22 PM
Oh well. Just more adversity to overcome.