PDA

View Full Version : Edgar Kaiser dies

Gutless Drunk
01-14-2012, 11:45 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_19743325?source=rss

Former Denver Broncos owner and philanthropist Edgar Kaiser Jr. died Jan. 11, a Canadian newspaper reports. He was 69.

ColoradoDarin
01-14-2012, 11:52 AM
RIP

montrose
01-14-2012, 12:05 PM
All right, SoCal... how does it effect the right of first refusal or whatever the clause is?

Lev Vyvanse
01-14-2012, 12:49 PM
All right, SoCal... how does it effect the right of first refusal or whatever the clause is?

This.

Dukes
01-14-2012, 12:49 PM

First thing that came to me.

RIP

gunns
01-14-2012, 12:50 PM

My thoughts exactly

broncocalijohn
01-14-2012, 01:04 PM

Oh and RIP!

SoCalBronco
01-14-2012, 01:11 PM

That's the $ 64,000.00 question. I don't know whether the right of refusal passes on to his heirs or assigns, or whether it dies with him. It depends on what's in that contract.

If it doesn't pass to heirs or assigns, that would be great, then Bowlen could sell to a real owner and everything would improve.

strafen
01-14-2012, 01:15 PM
That's the $ 64,000.00 question. I don't know whether the right of refusal passes on to his heirs or assigns, or whether it dies with him. It depends on what's in that contract.

If it doesn't pass to heirs or assigns, that would be great, then Bowlen could sell to a real owner and everything would improve.Oh, WTF Mike?
That's a mean blow to the shoulders dude! :)

tsiguy96
01-14-2012, 01:23 PM

If it doesn't pass to heirs or assigns, that would be great, then Bowlen could sell to a real owner and everything would improve.

yea, instead of being in divisional round of playoffs, it would improve!

24champ
01-14-2012, 01:26 PM
Footsteps#27 has read a lot of legal documents, specifically about Bowlen's acquisition of the Denver Broncos. You'd have to ask him, but I would assume that Bowlen is free to sell to whomever.

RIP to Kaiser, thanks for bringing in Elway.

The beginning came in San Diego on Sunday, November 28, 1982, while John was still a senior at Stanford. We were staying at the Town and Country Hotel in San Diego for a game against the Chargers, and Broncos owner Edgar Kaiser and general manager Hein Poulus called me into Mr. Kaiserís suite. I didnít know the topic, but left very excited.

He wanted to know the public relations value of acquiring John Elway. I said that it would be huge, but that we could never get Elway (boy, was I naÔve) because he would be the first pick in the draft, which Baltimore would surely have. Mr. Kaiser informed me that anything can be done, anything could be purchased, any trade could be made, if you were committed to making it happen. Naturally, we all quickly agreed that Elwayís value was beyond enormous in every way possible.

Read more at-

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/jsaccomano/draft-memories-elway/

Great story. No Kaiser, No Elway.

Kaylore
01-14-2012, 01:28 PM
Mike will never forgive Bowen.

and prayers to Kaiser family.

SoCalBronco
01-14-2012, 01:44 PM
yea, instead of being in divisional round of playoffs, it would improve!

I'm thrilled we're in the second round. Imagine how good we'd be if we weren't also 25m below the cap. That's why I'm so proud of this team. They've literally been hamstrung by their owner and they are STILL succeeding.

:tebow::Broncos:

And Khan is right. I'll never forgive Bowlen, so if Kaiser's rights died with him, then this is great news. Sell..sell..sell...sell..sell!

titan
01-14-2012, 01:55 PM
Footsteps#27 has read a lot of legal documents, specifically about Bowlen's acquisition of the Denver Broncos. You'd have to ask him, but I would assume that Bowlen is free to sell to whomever.

RIP to Kaiser, thanks for bringing in Elway.

Read more at-

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/jsaccomano/draft-memories-elway/

Great story. No Kaiser, No Elway.

That's the truth. Kaiser didn't own the Broncos for long, and his tenure included such missteps as asking Randy Gradishar to take a pay cut, but he WAS the reason the Broncos got Elway.

RIP Edgar

Goobzilla
01-14-2012, 05:06 PM
Fosburgh /snicker

Thanks for delivering the Chosen One to us. RIP

Kaylore
01-16-2012, 07:26 AM
bump

Chris
01-16-2012, 07:31 AM
RIP Edgar Kaiser Wilhelm