PDA

View Full Version : Best way to open up the running game

Vine
01-14-2012, 11:17 AM
Fox loves to run, obviously, so we know that the Broncos will likely another lopsided run/pass ratio tonight, but the most effective play to open up the running game would be to do a PA pass on a slant route on the VERY FIRST PLAY.

Bellicheat will be confused, and the Pats will HAVE to drop both safeties to guard against the pass the whole game. Get those safeties out and Denver wlll averaging 8 ypc! Guaranteed!

Mogulseeker
01-14-2012, 11:19 AM
Switch slant with streak and I might be on board. I don't think Tebow can throw a slant route yet.

Vine
01-14-2012, 11:24 AM
Switch slant with streak and I might be on board. I don't think Tebow can throw a slant route yet.

Well, the reason I chose slant, is because if Tebow successfully throws a slant route on the first play, then that will open up whole bunches of other parts of the field when Denver does decide to throw.

I wouldn't mind seeing Tebow only throw 18 times or so, but I hope at least 6 or 7 of those throws are on first down.

Broncoman13
01-14-2012, 11:27 AM

Split the difference and stick with the Skinny Post route that DT ran for the game winner... one of Tebow's most accurate plays.

WolfpackGuy
01-14-2012, 11:30 AM
Just protect the damn ball.

The Pats never really stopped them before all the turnovers allowed the game get out of hand and made the Broncos one dimensional on offense.

Broncoman13
01-14-2012, 11:32 AM
Just protect the damn ball.

The Pats never really stopped them before all the turnovers allowed the game get out of hand and made the Broncos one dimensional on offense.

This, run the ball 50 times... we do that it will mean three things. One, we're either in the lead or within striking distance. Two, we are keeping Tom Brady off the field. Three, we are having success moving the ball on the ground. Perfect game would be 50 runs, 15 passes and a 23-21 win!

Vine
01-14-2012, 11:39 AM
This, run the ball 50 times... we do that it will mean three things. One, we're either in the lead or within striking distance. Two, we are keeping Tom Brady off the field. Three, we are having success moving the ball on the ground. Perfect game would be 50 runs, 15 passes and a 23-21 win!

I am okay with running the ball 50 times IF doing so doesn't result in 3rd and longs time after time after time.... Punting after 3 plays is not keeping Brady off the field.

OrangeSe7en
01-14-2012, 11:43 AM
I am okay with running the ball 50 times IF doing so doesn't result in 3rd and longs time after time after time.... Punting after 3 plays is not keeping Brady off the field.

If the wind gusts, it might become a 50 carry game. And that would be good. I just checked the weather in Boston and the wind is at 18 mph...which a lot of times means there's gusting of up to 30 mph.

Jetmeck
01-14-2012, 12:07 PM
I'm ok with running the ball 100 hundred times if necessary. BUT WHEN BRADY GETS ON THE FIELD SMACK HIS A$$ DOWN OVER AND OVER AND OVER !

ColoradoDarin
01-14-2012, 12:10 PM
We did that against the Jets to start the game - 28 yards to DT. I don't know how much one play will open it up. We rolled up 250+ on the ground last time, gashing them in the run, I think we'll stay with that plan.

Shananahan
01-14-2012, 12:21 PM
We rolled up 250+ on the ground last time, gashing them in the run, I think we'll stay with that plan.
Yeah, I don't really understand this thread. Seems like the run game should already be pretty open for business.

Marshall Dumervil
01-14-2012, 12:23 PM
Yeah, I don't really understand this thread. Seems like the run game should already be pretty open for business.

Indeed, plus eat the clock and keep Brady on the sideline. I don't think they can deal with our ground game.

PUNCH THESE ****ERS IN THE MOUTH!! :strong:

so stoked for tonight

strafen
01-14-2012, 12:29 PM
You'd better believe Belichick will have two safeties deep to take away our deep ball passing attack.
That's fine with me, let's take what they give us.
Tebow is NOT an accurate passer in short-intermediate routes, but then again, if we were smart going into this game, we should've practiced some of that.
I'm not saying NE will shut our deep passing game down, NE pass defense leaves a lot to be desired, at the same time they've got so much to prepare for us is not even funny, so trying to defend our passing game is not a sure thing for them. They're not that great in that dept.
They've got our running game and passing game to worry about.
How strategically sound we'd approach this game is what remains to be seen...
We can predict what their defense would be doing against us, more than they can predict what we'd do offensively...

Execute, take care of the ball, control the clock, solid tackling on defense and the rest of the pieces will fall right in place... :strong:

Jason in LA
01-14-2012, 12:41 PM

That's exactly what I thought. Tebow is extremely inaccurate on the short timing patterns, but he can hit the deep ball. The threat of the deep ball will keep those safties back and will open up the running game. If the Pats roll them up to support the run, then Tebow will be launching that ball. So it's really taking what the defense is going to give. The Pats can't defend both.

orinjkrush
01-14-2012, 01:48 PM
give timmy some easy throws early. get his confidence UP. have him run some naked boots. get the jitters out early

ScottXray
01-14-2012, 04:27 PM
I think Bellicheat will be looking for the pass early. Cross them up with some toss sweeps with Johnson and Run it. Early passes should be quick outs to Royal, Willis, while DT takes the CB, Safety deep. Meanwhile use the Run game and screens if they come up soon. I think NE will blitz and try to put pressure on Tebow early. Kill them when they do.

We will probably throw on 1st down 4-6 times this game, but Opening with one is going to be expected. Don't play into the Belli of the Beast.

broncogary
01-14-2012, 04:36 PM
give timmy some easy throws early. get his confidence UP. have him run some naked boots. get the jitters out early

You realize you are talking about a guy who is a proven big game player.

cmhargrove
01-14-2012, 04:40 PM
WR screen to Eddie - to the hizzle