PDA

View Full Version : Merril douchecanoe Hodge's lastest tweet.

Bronco Rob
01-13-2012, 10:44 AM
merrilhoge Merril Hoge

Broncos should have been called for illegal motion on last play of game last week. TE and Royal were moving at same time

5 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

https://twitter.com/#!/merrilhoge

DenverBroncosJM
01-13-2012, 10:47 AM
Haha now he just seems petty and silly.

Tombstone RJ
01-13-2012, 10:50 AM

question: when has he NOT seemed this way about the Broncos?

HILife
01-13-2012, 10:50 AM
Just add one more to my **** list

Jetmeck
01-13-2012, 10:54 AM
Big deal. An official's mistake kept us from a turnover on the backward pass fumble so it all works out I guess.

OBF1
01-13-2012, 10:57 AM
I should so get a twitter account. I do not know how in the world I survive without getting 4 day old information from someone I can not stand. :thumbs:

barryr
01-13-2012, 10:58 AM
He is such a liar. No way is the TE moving before the snap of the ball. I have watched the play numerous times and only Royal is in motion and there isn't even a hint of the TE moving before the snap. Hoge needs to be fired, peddling lies. Opinions are one thing, but this isn't about opinion. The guy either moved or he didn't and I would challenge that idiot to show where the TE is moving even the slightest bit. But he won't be asked to prove it on ESPN.

DomCasual
01-13-2012, 10:58 AM

Truly, it's a little creepy. He's like a stalker.

ChampJesusBailey
01-13-2012, 11:03 AM
I replied to him asking if he learned these intricate NFL rules during his years of riding the bench. Wonder if he'll reply.

I also love the reply about his Steelers winning that SB over Seattle due to just atrocious officiating.

Bronco Rob
01-13-2012, 11:05 AM
I should so get a twitter account. I do not know how in the world I survive without getting 4 day old information from someone I can not stand. :thumbs:

merrilhoge Merril Hoge

Broncos should have been called for illegal motion on last play of game last week. TE and Royal were moving at same time

5 hours ago* Favorite Retweet Reply

https://twitter.com/#!/merrilhoge

*:thumbs:

Peoples Champ
01-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Big deal. An official's mistake kept us from a turnover on the backward pass fumble so it all works out I guess.

Right, if the refs didnt miss that denver wins in a blowout and the OT play to DT never happens.

BroncoBeavis
01-13-2012, 11:17 AM
My favorite reply was

@merrilhoge #postconussionsyndrome

g00fyfoot
01-13-2012, 11:17 AM
His theory takes all of 1.3 seconds to debunk. No one is moving except for Royal. Clarification needed.

plummerrox
01-13-2012, 11:21 AM
Just watched it another 20 times - i just don't see it. Bigger question is why Merrill is so obsessed with Broncos hatred. Maybe his high school quarterback stole his girlfriend 30 years ago and he never got over it.

Shotgun Willie
01-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Hodge must be counting the moving of the TE from the huddle to his place on the line as "motion". It's the only explanation.......other than him, of course, lying.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-13-2012, 11:28 AM
I have zero clue what he's talking about.

And as if that would have made a difference.

bronco militia
01-13-2012, 11:33 AM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/tebow-centaur-elway.jpg

crush17
01-13-2012, 11:45 AM
Hodge is a former Steeler. Thats all you need to know.

Pendejo
01-13-2012, 11:47 AM
For argument's sake let's agree with Hoge, and that two guys were moving at the same time. So what? It fit right in with the flow of the game. The officials couldn't get a fumble right, face masks, both team's offenses getting away with muggings. You know at one point Elvis Dumervil was questioning whether he was playing in the most important football game of his life, or on a date with Ben Roethlisberger. They were all around especially bad.

The play was fine though. Hoge just looks like a complete fool. He totally confounded Ditka with just this sort of obstinate nonsense.

BroncoBeavis
01-13-2012, 11:51 AM
Hodge is a former Steeler. Thats all you need to know.

I don't hear anyone in the organization putting out crap like this. I sensed nothing but respect after the game. They knew their gameplan was to force Tebow to beat them.

And that's exactly what he did. And I think they respected that.

Smiling Assassin27
01-13-2012, 11:55 AM
How's my ass taste?

Sincerely,

Eddie Royal and the TE that was moving

gyldenlove
01-13-2012, 11:59 AM
You are allowed to have as many people moving at the same time as you want as long as they set for 1 second before the snap, in this case however only Royal was in motion.

RaiderH8r
01-13-2012, 12:02 PM
How's my ass taste?

Sincerely,

Eddie Royal and the TE that was moving

I think he likes it.

http://uvtblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/merrill_hoge.jpg

RaiderH8r
01-13-2012, 12:03 PM
You are allowed to have as many people moving at the same time as you want as long as they set for 1 second before the snap, in this case however only Royal was in motion.

So I get to punch Merril in the throat then right?

Bronco Rob
01-13-2012, 12:04 PM
Merril forgot about this...

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told NFL.com:

“There is nothing to this. This is a legal formation. This should not have been flagged.”

And Mike Pereira, Fox TV’s expert on rules (he’s also the former NFL vice president of officials), agreed. He told NFL.com:

“Watch on any Sunday. This is a good formation compared to many. They are not technical with this.”

There shouldn't of been any overtime in the first place.

:thumbs:

SpringStein
01-13-2012, 12:09 PM
Even if true - it took him 4 1/2 days to discover this - and the refs have to catch it in the moment? uh-huh

Bronco Yoda
01-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Interesting how the no-call fumble and all those no-call Tebow facesmasks are never mentioned.

And it's BS how so many talking heads harp on the Pittsburgh injuries. As if we didn't have our own starters out of the game as well. Yet I've not heard ONE mention of this.

LetsGoBroncos
01-13-2012, 12:14 PM
My response to him on twitter:

@merrilhoge Wow dude. You really are pathetic. You fail to mention that the only reason this was even close was because the refs missed the call on the lateral by Pittsburgh

Shotgun Willie
01-13-2012, 12:18 PM
My response to him on twitter:

@merrilhoge Wow dude. You really are pathetic. You fail to mention that the only reason this was even close was because the refs missed the call on the lateral by Pittsburgh

But a response like that seems to acknowledge that he was correct about his original tweet. If he's wrong about the two men in motion, I'd simply call him on that without saying, "yeah, well, they missed this call too".

LetsGoBroncos
01-13-2012, 12:34 PM
But a response like that seems to acknowledge that he was correct about his original tweet. If he's wrong about the two men in motion, I'd simply call him on that without saying, "yeah, well, they missed this call too".

I have no idea if he is right or not. My point is not one thing that happened after the missed lateral call should even be discussed because the game was over if the refs get that right

Mogulseeker
01-13-2012, 12:35 PM

Yeah, that tweet is finally a little over the top.

BroncoBen
01-13-2012, 12:37 PM

So true... besides the NFL came out and said the play was 'legal'.. so all the whiners go suck lemons.

Rohirrim
01-13-2012, 12:38 PM
I listened to his pathetic flopping around on Monday for about a half hour. That's all I could take. His lips kept flapping, but he wasn't saying a mother****in thing. Just say you were wrong and move on, dumbass.

sinuous sausage
01-13-2012, 02:09 PM
pretty sure the NFL already deemed it a legal play.

KO5K
01-13-2012, 02:25 PM
I just rewatched the play a couple of times, what Hoge said isn't even remotely true.

Is that really all he's got? Weak.

bronco militia
01-13-2012, 02:28 PM
this is kind of like when my six year old gets on his Mom's cell phone and starts texting me the word "poop" over and over again

barryr
01-13-2012, 03:18 PM
There are quite a few videos on youtube showing that last play of Tebow to Thomas and Hoge isn't even saying anything about lining up incorrectly. He is stating that Royal and a TE were moving at the time of the snap and in no way is that true. He is lying and one has to wonder whenever he claims after studying film and coming up with future opinions, just how much objectivity he is giving about anyone in the NFL. The guy is a liar and jealous of Tebow for whatever reason and will not give him credit for much and will even go the lengths of lying. ESPN should get rid of this guy. Again, he can have his 10 cent opinions all he wants, but when he lies like in this case, then that is a different matter.

schaaf
01-13-2012, 03:24 PM
this is kind of like when my six year old gets on his Mom's cell phone and starts texting me the word "poop" over and over again

You've got a damn hilarious kid

barryr
01-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Come to think about it, I bet Hoge hasn't even looked at the play closely. I think he heard something about a TE lining up incorrectly over the internet and he got the story wrong and stated the TE was moving and since anyone who can see, can tell that isn't true, so I am betting this fool didn't even bother to go back and look at the play and just repeating what he thought was said by someone else. So this guy is either a liar, a lazy, unprofessional bonehead, or both.

Tombstone RJ
01-13-2012, 04:27 PM
Come to think about it, I bet Hoge hasn't even looked at the play closely. I think he heard something about a TE lining up incorrectly over the internet and he got the story wrong and stated the TE was moving and since anyone who can see, can tell that isn't true, so I am betting this fool didn't even bother to go back and look at the play and just repeating what he thought was said by someone else. So this guy is either a liar, a lazy, unprofessional bonehead, or both.

he was watching the factor back the whole time. factor back.