PDA

View Full Version : The embraceable Tim Tebow

bronclvr
01-13-2012, 08:15 AM
FOXBORO -- While fans and cognoscenti seem split on the merits of Tim Tebow, Denver Broncos quarterback, there is less vacillating among people who actually play the game.

Asked earlier this week what "jumps off the page" about Tebow, Vince Wilfork launched.

"What doesnít jump off the page?" Wilfork demanded. "Heís a tough, tough guy to prepare for."

Wilfork's been in the league since 2004. He went to the University of Miami. He's seen the best players in the world, the most athletic incarnations of quarterbacks in the league's history. His comments on Tebow resonate.

"You can speak all day about how tough he is and how elusive he is but it really doesnít matter until you face him," said Wilfork. "When you face him you really figure out this dude is like a running back. Heís a big dude, heís a strong guy. I knew we talked about it, but man I didnít realize. Just the physical-ness, his stature, heís just a big guy. Iíve seen some big guys over the years but heís probably one of the biggest and one of the toughest and probably one of the strongest that Iíve faced. Not taking any credit from anyone else but heís a special guy. We know that and Iím pretty sure they know that."

more here:

http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-talk/post/Curran-The-embraceable-Tim-Tebow?blockID=629760&feedID=3352

TheReverend
01-13-2012, 08:18 AM
"What doesnít jump off the page?" Wilfork demanded. "Heís a tough, tough guy to prepare for."

...been bangin THAT drum since draft day :/

DB-Freak
01-13-2012, 08:39 AM
Basically a Fullback/Linebacker hybrid playing QB.

I can't think of any who played like a ****ing tank at the QB position like TEbow.

Bronco Rob
01-13-2012, 08:39 AM
Bear in mind that the New England Patriots players are coached to speak in only complementary tones. What they say means absolutely nothing. What I remember is how Tom Brady spiked the ball at Mile High Stadium that speaks volumes on how they really feel about the Broncos. Screw the New England Patriots and screw their players let's get it on.

:gobroncos

yerner
01-13-2012, 08:43 AM
Macgruber just stained his sweatpants.

bendog
01-13-2012, 09:04 AM
I feel a little soiled for reading that myself.

gyldenlove
01-13-2012, 09:10 AM
Bear in mind that the New England Patriots players are coached to speak in only complementary tones. What they say means absolutely nothing. What I remember is how Tom Brady spiked the ball at Mile High Stadium that speaks volumes on how they really feel about the Broncos. Screw the New England Patriots and screw their players let's get it on.

:gobroncos

The Broncos are the only team Tom Brady has a losing record against, so obviously he is not a huge fan.

BroncoBeavis
01-13-2012, 09:12 AM

:gobroncos\

Tom's got some bad Mile High memories. Guessing that's what the spike was about. Now he's gotta worry about getting rid of some of his bad playoff memories in Foxboro. :)

I've been telling people all week that this week's great because the pressure's off. Nobody expects a rookie-led team to bury January Brady. We're free to let it ride this week without worrying about a 2012 hangover.