I hate it

Douche!

Broncos dude
01-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Man it puts a huge target on him.. But espn loves ratings

Spider
01-11-2012, 06:17 PM
I hate it

LOL like naming the overtime PAP .. i was excited jumping up and down like everyone else , but ot name that play ....come on it doesnt even rank up there with bottlegate . the Browns Jagoff game

Broncos dude
01-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Douche!

Leave the guy alone , I know he is a great man.. It's the same **** when we beat the bears , Brady and the Patriots

Broncos dude
01-11-2012, 06:26 PM
LOL like naming the overtime PAP .. i was excited jumping up and down like everyone else , but ot name that play ....come on it doesnt even rank up there with bottlegate . the Browns Jagoff game

I love my DENVER BRONCOS , but this tebow media circus is really bad for the team. If he loses , he sucks and if wins against the pats .. Good god turn off espn or the nfl network , its sicking

KO5K
01-11-2012, 06:26 PM
I don't really get Bronco fans who get sick of the Tebow stuff.

I mean, would you rather hear about Tebow or about the Cowboys/Jets or whoever? It's a no brainer for me...

Spider
01-11-2012, 06:35 PM

I mean, would you rather hear about Tebow or about the Cowboys/Jets or whoever? It's a no brainer for me...

thats not it , what I am talking about is like naming the OT td pass , it was a great play , but it is what it is , the coaching staff saw the weakness in the steelers D and called it , like those games I mentioned in other thread , those were guys rising above and making an improbable play , doing the impossible , that play in ot wasnt impossible ......Hope I made my point without sounding like a hater , but it is what it is

Archie
01-11-2012, 06:35 PM

Really? Fastest OT in history of NFL, regular season or playoffs? In the highest rated (ie most watched) Wild Card playoff game ever? And, it was just a play? The whole point is that it was "just a play" that everyone will always remember. The Earnest Byner fumble was just a fumble. We didn't name McGahee's fumble that maybe let the Steelers back in. But, they were both just fumbles. Except that Byner's fumble came with 1:12 left and a chance to tie the game. Now it's not just a fumble it's "The Fumble". That's why these things happen...

Don't be such a blow hard!

Turd_Ferguson
01-11-2012, 06:36 PM

The only part of the media coverage I don't like is when these media people paint Broncos fans as all being MacGruber. They act like every single Broncos fan is more in love with Tebow than the team itself..

Broncos dude
01-11-2012, 06:37 PM

Under the radar is what i like.. Not Tebow first take , Tebow center. Romo,Brady, Manning never had this and he is young qb . The Pats are going to feed off this

Spider
01-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Really? Fastest OT in history of NFL, regular season or playoffs? In the highest rated (ie most watched) Wild Card playoff game ever? And, it was just a play? The whole point is that it was "just a play" that everyone will always remember. The Earnest Byner fumble was just a fumble. We didn't name McGahee's fumble that maybe let the Steelers back in. But, they were both just fumbles. Except that Byner's fumble came with 1:12 left and a chance to tie the game. Now it's not just a fumble it's "The Fumble". That's why these things happen...

Don't be such a blow hard!

oh bullshiat , this will be forgot , this wasnt someone rising above and making an impossible play , it was a good play executed to perfection , but it isnt the sea of hands , or the Catch , hell the Catch Rod Smith made against the Red skins ,elway threw it , But Rod made a circus catch to reel it in , that should be remembered , but it isnt ......

Mouth
01-11-2012, 06:39 PM
The only part of the media coverage I don't like is when these media people paint Broncos fans as all being MacGruber. They act like every single Broncos fan is more in love with Tebow than the team itself..

^This

Much like on here, if you don't think TT is absolute trash and will never be a NFL QB you obviously have a man-crush on him and don't know football.

Mouth

Spider
01-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Hell how many remember Chuck Muncies or Dan fouts performances in the OT game in Miami ?
or the Holy Roller ?
the Holly Roller was alot more then what Tebow did ....... Hell how many remember what Cory Dillion did against us ?

cutthemdown
01-11-2012, 06:43 PM
oh bullshiat , this will be forgot , this wasnt someone rising above and making an impossible play , it was a good play executed to perfection , but it isnt the sea of hands , or the Catch , hell the Catch Rod Smith made against the Red skins ,elway threw it , But Rod made a circus catch to reel it in , that should be remembered , but it isnt ......

The redskins? Don't you mean ATL? The one vs Skins in Superbowl I believe was Elway to Rickey Nattiel. Maybe you are talking about some other redksins broncos game though.

cutthemdown
01-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Hell how many remember Chuck Muncies or Dan fouts performances in the OT game in Miami ?
or the Holy Roller ?
the Holly Roller was alot more then what Tebow did ....... Hell how many remember what Cory Dillion did against us ?

I remember more Kellen Winslow being helped off the field.

Broncos dude
01-11-2012, 06:44 PM
I really hope the Broncos win the super bowl , but i hope they trade him in the offseason. What Free Agent is going to want come to Denver to play. Its the Tebow Broncos

Turd_Ferguson
01-11-2012, 06:46 PM

I kind of agree... If Tebow manages to become be a consistent NFL QB and makes a career with the Broncos this will be remembered... If he washes out after three seasons, this will probably only be remembered as Tebows shining moment... If Denver beats the Pats and goes on to play in the Super Bowl this play will live forever.. If they get blown out by the Pats its fades away... If the Titans had gotten killed the week after the Music City Miracle would it be as famous? Or if they had come up a yard short in an AFC wildcard game would that play be remembered?

Broncos dude
01-11-2012, 06:46 PM
Tebow needs to stop this crap, only he can.. but he wont

Spider
01-11-2012, 06:47 PM
The redskins? Don't you mean ATL? The one vs Skins in Superbowl I believe was Elway to Rickey Nattiel. Maybe you are talking about some other redksins broncos game though.

no I mean the redskins Rod smiths rookie year .......See this is my point , still one of the best catches ever ...... and even Fellow bronco fans forgot

Spider
01-11-2012, 06:49 PM
I remember more Kellen Winslow being helped off the field.

see how easy you can forget that Catch , maybe you wasnt a bronco fan back then ...or it just slipped your mind ...

Turd_Ferguson
01-11-2012, 06:51 PM
or the Holy Roller ?

I remember that bastard breaking the rushing record for a game, and then laying on the sidelines like he was dying getting gatorade dumped on him... Thanks Spider just what I wanted to think about! :)

Play2win
01-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Couldn't care less if Tebow is in there or not, as long as the Broncos win.

Spider
01-11-2012, 06:53 PM
I kind of agree... If Tebow manages to become be a consistent NFL QB and makes a career with the Broncos this will be remembered... If he washes out after three seasons, this will probably only be remembered as Tebows shining moment... If Denver beats the Pats and goes on to play in the Super Bowl this play will live forever.. If they get blown out by the Pats its fades away... If the Titans had gotten killed the week after the Music City Miracle would it be as famous? Or if they had come up a yard short in an AFC wildcard game would that play be remembered?

I doubt it , just like in 77 and our game against the Raiders in the AFCC game and the fumble .... Raider fan cried for decades over that

vancejohnson82
01-11-2012, 06:54 PM

I see nothing wrong with naming that play....a huge, home playoff win with a young, highly criticized QB at the helm, on a one play overtime pass....great play

you probably don't remember the Baily pick against Brady in '05 either because it didn't take place 35 years ago

Spider
01-11-2012, 06:54 PM
I remember that bastard breaking the rushing record for a game, and then laying on the sidelines like he was dying getting gatorade dumped on him... Thanks Spider just what I wanted to think about! :)

;) and whats worse is Romo did the right thing on that play that broke the record , the rest of the D didnt

maher_tyler
01-11-2012, 06:55 PM
Leave the guy alone , I know he is a great man.. It's the same **** when we beat the bears , Brady and the Patriots

I was talking about you! This means we'll get a lot more prime time games...maybe i won't have to fork over money for Sunday ticket if we're going to have 4-5 nationally televised games on NBC, NFLN and ESPN...not counting the games that most of the country will see on CBS and Fox. If it'll save me money, i'm all for it! And like you said, he's a great person. It's not like he calls up ESPN and NFLN and asks for the attention! Embrace it.

vancejohnson82
01-11-2012, 06:56 PM
see how easy you can forget that Catch , maybe you wasnt a bronco fan back then ...or it just slipped your mind ...

that was a regular season catch against a non-conference opponent....great play, but different magnitude

Spider
I see nothing wrong with naming that play....a huge, home playoff win with a young, highly criticized QB at the helm, on a one play overtime pass....great play

you probably don't remember the Baily pick against Brady in '05 either because it didn't take place 35 years ago

LOL thats it ? thats your reason for naming the play ? Oh yeah I remember Champs pick ......but good logic your using :rofl: maybe if you wasnt a johnny come lately to Broncos football you would understand

Smilin Assassin
Tebow needs to stop this crap, only he can.. but he wont

How exactly is Tebow supposed to stop this?

Spider
01-11-2012, 06:57 PM
that was a regular season catch against a non-conference opponent....great play, but different magnitude

still ended in a win for us , when the NFC was dominating the NFL ..... Still honestly look back at that catch and then look at the catch in ot , tell me which one was more improbable

vancejohnson82
01-11-2012, 06:58 PM
LOL thats it ? thats your reason for naming the play ? Oh yeah I remember Champs pick ......but good logic your using :rofl: maybe if you wasnt a johnny come lately to Broncos football you would understand

I was born in 1982...I'm sorry my father wasn't able to set up a bar with streaming NFL games in his nutsack while I was there, or I would have been a fan earlier

vancejohnson82
01-11-2012, 07:01 PM
still ended in a win for us , when the NFC was dominating the NFL ..... Still honestly look back at that catch and then look at the catch in ot , tell me which one was more improbable

Both Drives, the Fumble, Champs pick, the Helicopter, Rod Smith's TD vs. the Falcons and Champs pick all happened in the postseason....hence, the names and great memories

Stokelys catch, Wilsons hit in the snow, Smith's TD catch, the Clinton Portis game vs Chiefs, etc...were all in the regular season, hence passing memories

IMO

Spider
01-11-2012, 07:01 PM
I was born in 1982...I'm sorry my father wasn't able to set up a bar with streaming NFL games in his nutsack while I was there, or I would have been a fan earlier

that sucks ....... you missed alot of good football

vancejohnson82
01-11-2012, 07:04 PM
that sucks ....... you missed alot of good football

one of the reasons I love it here...get to here stories about the franchise and past players that I would never hear anywhere else...also get to see the clips and **** like that

it was great reading that book '77, on a side note

Spider
01-11-2012, 07:05 PM
Both Drives, the Fumble, Champs pick, the Helicopter, Rod Smith's TD vs. the Falcons and Champs pick all happened in the postseason....hence, the names and great memories

Stokelys catch, Wilsons hit in the snow, Smith's TD catch, the Clinton Portis game vs Chiefs, etc...were all in the regular season, hence passing memories

IMO

see this is what I am talking about , the drive , that was Elway and the Broncos rising above doing the improbable , the helicopter was special cause once again Elway rises above and gets the 1 st down , Smith , well he always rose above , so to many to name for him ;D but in each one of those , it was someone or the team rising above doing the impossible , Unless you want ot tell me it is impossible for tebow to complete a forward pass , you really dont have a leg to stand on

Broncos dude
01-11-2012, 07:07 PM
How exactly is Tebow supposed to stop this?

Being mr . perfect Nd always coming out looking like a saint. I love the guy , but get caught having fun with some strippers , no one is perfect

Spider
01-11-2012, 07:08 PM
one of the reasons I love it here...get to here stories about the franchise and past players that I would never hear anywhere else...also get to see the clips and **** like that

it was great reading that book '77, on a side note

:thumbs: you know in alot of ways , this team today is alot like the Broncos of old , I still hate Howard cossell , if he was alive today , he would say the exact same thing about the Broncos today as he did back then

Ironlung
01-11-2012, 07:09 PM
no I mean the redskins Rod smiths rookie year .......See this is my point , still one of the best catches ever ...... and even Fellow bronco fans forgot

It was a good catch, but hardly a "circus catch" & certainly not one of the "best catches ever."

His deep, one handed snag against the Chiefs in arrowhead years ago is in fact a circus catch & a lot more impressive than the Washington hail mary.

Spider
01-11-2012, 07:09 PM
exciting times again being a Bronco fan ,the under dogs rising above , kicking ass and taking names ..... I just dont see the need to name the play ;D

Spider
01-11-2012, 07:11 PM
It was a good catch, but hardly a "circus catch" & certainly not one of the "best catches ever."

His deep, one handed snag against the Chiefs in arrowhead years ago is in fact a circus catch & a lot more impressive than the Washington hail mary.

wtf ? Rod went over 2 defenders to make that Catch against the Redskins and one Defender was a HOF named Green .......... **** are you yapping about ?

Broncos dude
01-11-2012, 07:12 PM
I was talking about you! This means we'll get a lot more prime time games...maybe i won't have to fork over money for Sunday ticket if we're going to have 4-5 nationally televised games on NBC, NFLN and ESPN...not counting the games that most of the country will see on CBS and Fox. If it'll save me money, i'm all for it! And like you said, he's a great person. It's not like he calls up ESPN and NFLN and asks for the attention! Embrace it.

Just Venting: Elway is the Man in Denver. Go Broncos

vancejohnson82
01-11-2012, 07:13 PM
see this is what I am talking about , the drive , that was Elway and the Broncos rising above doing the improbable , the helicopter was special cause once again Elway rises above and gets the 1 st down , Smith , well he always rose above , so to many to name for him ;D but in each one of those , it was someone or the team rising above doing the impossible , Unless you want ot tell me it is impossible for tebow to complete a forward pass , you really dont have a leg to stand on

it was a great play and just added another chapter to the improbable season we've been running off...and I, for one, will certainly have a place in my memory

barryr
01-11-2012, 07:16 PM
People forget how irrelevant the Broncos were around the NFL and most of the country before Tebow became the starter. Now the Broncos get as much talk, if not more, as say the Packers do who only lost one game this year. It is amazing how quickly things turned around for this organization.

Spider
01-11-2012, 07:16 PM
it was a great play and just added another chapter to the improbable season we've been running off...and I, for one, will certainly have a place in my memory

same here , but i will remember the backwards pass more ....... But 1 thing , tebow didnt fold , alot of guys would have wilted after that play , a true momentum breaker .....But not tebow ..... I am perfectly happy with him as our QB one thing I will always be thankful to mcD about

Ironlung
01-11-2012, 07:19 PM
wtf ? Rod went over 2 defenders to make that Catch against the Redskins and one Defender was a HOF named Green .......... **** are you yapping about ?

Its a nice catch, hardly a circus catch.

Spider
01-11-2012, 07:22 PM
Its a nice catch, hardly a circus catch.

dude , did you even see the Catch ? seriously . nice doesnt even cover it . Darrell Green was still in his prime , rod Flat out went so high up in the air to make that catch , if I remember right , Rod went up at the 2 yard line and landed in the Endzone and beat the great D Green and another defender to boot ...... Seriously nice doesnt even cover it

Vine
01-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Tim Tebow, according to an espn poll is the MOST POPULAR ATHLETE IN PROFESSIONAL SPORTS. This is what's being a sports fan is all about. Having players on your team that are popular throughout the nation, and even the world. How can anyone not enjoy this?

Only fake fans wouldn't enjoy it. Get the hell out if it bothers you!

Ironlung
01-11-2012, 07:24 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-presents/09000d5d8097abfc/Rod-Smith-s-story

Here you go retard. At 9:20 Rod makes a "circus catch"

The washington catch was huge because it won the game. But which one is more spectacular? (The washington catch is on this video too)

Have I seen the catch??? You're such a phag.

Spider
01-11-2012, 07:27 PM

The washington catch was huge because it won the game. But which one is more spectacular? (The washington catch is on this video too)

LMAO you better google another site you retard Denver had the ball at the 43 ,game tied at 31 a piece realistically out of FG range with Seconds left Elway threw it , Rod Went up over D green and another defender landed in the endzone with the game winning TD ...... LMAo you idiot ....... knew you was a bandwagon fan

Ironlung
01-11-2012, 07:29 PM
LMAO you better google another site you retard Denver had the ball at the 43 ,game tied at 31 a piece realistically out of FG range with Seconds left Elway threw it , Rod Went up over D green and another defender landed in the endzone with the game winning TD ...... LMAo you idiot ....... knew you was a bandwagon fan

Im not saying that didn't happen retard. I'm saying....nevermind...I just realized who I'm talking to...god damn you're dumb.

Spider
01-11-2012, 07:30 PM

LMAO admit it , you googled Circus catch didnt you , you didnt even see the game , it was Rods Smiths first TD catch in the NFL you moron

Spider
01-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Im not saying that didn't happen retard. I'm saying....nevermind...I just realized who I'm talking to...god damn you're dumb.

LMAO admit it , you googled it cause you didnt see the game did you ? .... I left off it was Rod Smiths 1 st TD catch in the NFL for a reason ..... Point out frauds and fakes .....

Spider
01-11-2012, 07:32 PM

LMAo so says the guy that puts up a you tube vid of something we are not talking about .......... Hilarious!

Ironlung
01-11-2012, 07:32 PM
LMAO admit it , you googled Circus catch didnt you , you didnt even see the game , it was Rods Smiths first TD catch in the NFL you moron

So you think the Wash catch was more of a "circus" catch than the catch at 9:20 of the video?

Ironlung
01-11-2012, 07:33 PM
LMAo so says the guy that puts up a you tube vid of something we are not talking about .......... Hilarious!

What youtube video? Its a nfl films video. You're even dumber than I thought

Spider
01-11-2012, 07:36 PM
So you think the Wash catch was more of a "circus" catch than the catch at 9:20 of the video?

without a doubt .......If you had seen the game , you know what I am talking about .....Rod was covered like a blanket , he had 2 defenders on him , one was already having a HOf career Rod beat both guys , beating one would have been awesome , but beating 2 and one a HOFer ? ..... and the way Rod did it ? .. obviously you didnt see the game , you are just butt hurt over my stance on the oT play Tebow made and opened up your pie hole without knowing what your talking about

Bronx33
01-11-2012, 07:37 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/enVJPLfkKLI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Spider
01-11-2012, 07:37 PM
What youtube video? Its a nfl films video. You're even dumber than I thought

Hilarious! thats it ? thats your answer for posting that clip ? i was very clear what catch was talking about , you went and used google ...... to bad kiddo

Ironlung
01-11-2012, 07:38 PM

You ****ing brain dead, meth snortin, truck driving hick piece o **** b!tch, I'm trying to show you what a "circus catch" is since you obviously don't know.

Spider
01-11-2012, 07:39 PM
You ****ing brain dead, meth snortin, truck driving hick piece o **** b!tch, I'm trying to show you what a "circus catch" is since you obviously don't know.

LMAO you dont even know the catch I am talking about ........ LMAO seriously try and google Rod Smths 1 td reception , maybe that will help you butt hurt teboner

Ironlung
01-11-2012, 07:40 PM
LMAO you dont even now the catch I am talking about ........ LMAO seriously try and google Rod Smths 1 td reception , maybe that will help you butt hurt teboner

Its in the same video I posted you dumb***k

Ironlung
01-11-2012, 07:41 PM
No one can honestly be this dumb...**** off and die.

vancejohnson82
01-11-2012, 07:44 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/enVJPLfkKLI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

that kid is a tool

IndyBronco
01-11-2012, 07:58 PM
I read these forums a ton and I kinda have to agree with Spider, that catch alone put Rod on the map. It propelled him to what he was here in Denver. Oh and the Cory Dillon game, i was at the game in Cinci. If i recall Akili Smith was qb and he had a horrible game.. Worse QB Ever. For that being Rod's first TD, i would have to say it's one that all Bronco Fans should remember. If not watch it and relive one of the greatest catches by a Bronco..

Bronx33
01-11-2012, 08:04 PM
that kid is a tool

Dont make fun of Mcgruder

Bronx33
01-11-2012, 08:05 PM
I read these forums a ton and I kinda have to agree with Spider, that catch alone put Rod on the map. It propelled him to what he was here in Denver. Oh and the Cory Dillon game, i was at the game in Cinci. If i recall Akili Smith was qb and he had a horrible game.. Worse QB Ever. For that being Rod's first TD, i would have to say it's one that all Bronco Fans should remember. If not watch it and relive one of the greatest catches by a Bronco..

That catch was burned into my memory on that day.

jhns
01-11-2012, 08:14 PM
You'll get over it.

Or not.

epicSocialism4tw
01-11-2012, 08:39 PM
For those of us who do not live in Denver, Tebowmania is awesome.

We get hometown-like coverage from the national news outlets.

If you don't like it, go root for the Raiders. ;D

vancejohnson82
01-11-2012, 08:44 PM
For those of us who do not live in Denver, Tebowmania is awesome.

We get hometown-like coverage from the national news outlets.

If you don't like it, go root for the Raiders. ;D

over here in NY its amazing to see coverage split between the Knicks/Giants/Jets/Tebow

its awesome

epicSocialism4tw
01-11-2012, 09:08 PM
over here in NY its amazing to see coverage split between the Knicks/Giants/Jets/Tebow

its awesome

Tebow has been mentioned on local sports coverage more than I would have thought.

Heck, I was watching "Dog the Bounty Hunter" with my girlfriend this evening and I saw them scroll some tweet about Tebow across the top of the screen.

Its crazy.

Pretty awesome if you're a Broncos fan.

strafen
01-11-2012, 09:16 PM
I love my DENVER BRONCOS , but this tebow media circus is really bad for the team. If he loses , he sucks and if wins against the pats .. Good god turn off espn or the nfl network , its sickingThere's not end in sight...

He's a phenomena for sure.
The fact that he has translated his success in college to the NFL, has critics and experts looking to save face...
It's as though the media attention won't cease until they see him fail.
The first and most fundamental critique on Tebow was that he wasn't and NFL QB, let alone win in the NFL; the goal post has kept on moving since then...

strafen
01-11-2012, 09:20 PM
Tebow has been mentioned on local sports coverage more than I would have thought.

Heck, I was watching "Dog the Bounty Hunter" with my girlfriend this evening and I saw them scroll some tweet about Tebow across the top of the screen.

Its crazy.

Pretty awesome if you're a Broncos fan.Deb, Dog's wife, is actually from Denver. She is a friend's sister.

Archer81
01-11-2012, 09:36 PM

I love Rod Smith. It was a good play, but a huge play to win a game in the post season is greater than a TD to win a game in the regular season.

That's just common sense.

:Broncos:

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-11-2012, 09:59 PM
thats not it , what I am talking about is like naming the OT td pass , it was a great play , but it is what it is , the coaching staff saw the weakness in the steelers D and called it , like those games I mentioned in other thread , those were guys rising above and making an improbable play , doing the impossible , that play in ot wasnt impossible ......Hope I made my point without sounding like a hater , but it is what it is

i will name the ot td play George and i will pet it and hug it and feed it and take it for walks . do you wanna pet my pet ot td play dont worry it wont bite you

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-11-2012, 10:02 PM
that kid is a tool

no hes not he just having a mangasm at his man crush tebow they cut the part out where he jizzed all over the place.