PDA

View Full Version : america has a new fav athlete

Trippinshrumes
01-11-2012, 01:45 PM
http://frontrow.espn.go.com/2012/01/espn-sports-poll-tim-tebow-is-americas-favorite-active-pro-athlete/

TIM TEBOW!

Popps
01-11-2012, 02:04 PM
Hope he can keep improving, and I hope he can keep representing our team with integrity. Sure is an easy kid to root for.

TDmvp
01-11-2012, 02:24 PM
This is why I said Tebow could be Jordan like in his coverage ...
The kid is a PR wet dream and if he wins long term the sky is the limit.
Nothing will ever be like the Elway years to me , but Tim could be a much bigger national star.

My dream is to see Elway and Tim standing side by side on the SB winners podium and John handing the Lombardi trophy to Tim... It's the only thing that could even come close to how I felt during the back to back title run.

Trippinshrumes
01-11-2012, 02:27 PM
This is why I said Tebow could be Jordan like in his coverage ...
The kid is a PR wet dream and if he wins long term the sky is the limit.
Nothing will ever be like the Elway years to me , but Tim could be a much bigger national star.

My dream is to see Elway and Tim standing side by side on the SB winners podium and John handing the Lombardi trophy to Tim... It's the only thing that could even come close to how I felt during the back to back title run.

i think you can see the future my friend

Pony Boy
01-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Hope he can keep improving, and I hope he can keep representing our team with integrity. Sure is an easy kid to root for.

Oh.... you said the same thing about Hillis

errand
01-11-2012, 03:00 PM

The vast majority of Bronco fans love to cheer for the underdog...the guy who has to overcome obstacles, the blue collar lunch pail type of player...that's why we always say we'd rather have Eddie Mac over Jerry rice, or TD over Barry Sanders.....we love rooting for guys on our roster who everyone else thinks is no good. Hillis was no exception....

Hillis was easy to root for...but alot of people who had man crushes on him started acting as if he was all-world when he showed little if anything in his time in Denver. Popps catches hell because he posted a report that gave food for thought as to why perhaps Hillis, who we all thought would be our starter or at the least competing for the job heading into the '09 season after witnessing his '08 play, was not playing at all and only received token appearances...and eventually was traded.

Unfortunately we have people who engage in hero worship on here...and they generally make rational debate virtually impossible because they cannot stand their favorite player (hero) being criticized, even constructively. We have people in here that think our '09 coaching staff not only sabotaged Hillis, but the new '11 regime is sabotaging Tebow.

Saying a player needs to improve in this area or that area, isn't hatred...posting a story that might shed some light onto why a player struggles or isn't playing well (or at all) doesn't mean hatred either...If you posted a report that said left handed QB's reverse spin causes WR's to have more dropped passes, it doesn't mean you hate Tebow or Thomas...it's just you posting something that makes people say "hmmmm, I never thought about it that way" and then you debate the merits of the post.

Is it possible in your opinion to like a player personally but think that he's not ready to start? Or think that there's a reason besides some conspiracy theory as to why he's not playing?

BroncoLifer
01-11-2012, 03:03 PM

And John could say "This one's....for Tim!"

BMF Bronco
01-11-2012, 03:04 PM
This is awesome, but would like to see him in better company, Kobe Bryant???

g00fyfoot
01-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Favorite, i.e. most hated.

Headless Hessian Rider
01-11-2012, 03:27 PM
And John could say "This one's....for Tim!"

Well i think he will say something like that :

"This one's....for John(3:16) !":sunshine:

Popps
01-11-2012, 03:32 PM

Hilarious!

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-11-2012, 04:09 PM
that be cool this one is for tim i can see it happening someday

MacGruder
01-11-2012, 04:38 PM
Is it possible in your opinion to like a player personally but think that he's not ready to start? Or think that there's a reason besides some conspiracy theory as to why he's not playing?

Is it possible to think Elway was a greta player but is in way over his head now?

Tebow has saved this seaosn in spite of everything done to prevent him from doing that...

Then Elway is called a hero for telling Tebow to "pull the trigger" when he was the one that made him afraid to pull the triger in the first place..

hades
01-11-2012, 04:48 PM
And John could say "This one's....for all the Haters!!!!! "

Then maybe add "Suck it!" at the end

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-11-2012, 10:07 PM
if we lose to the pats i DO NOT WANT TO SEE YOU PEOPLE ACTING LIKE IDIOTS SPEWING THAT GET RID OF TEBOW HE CANT PLAY
its making you look schizophrenic