PDA

View Full Version : Orton Hears a,"Who?"

Rohirrim
01-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Romeo waves goodbye to Kyle:
Crennel was also noncommittal on Kyle Orton's return, acknowledging Orton's free agent status and saying he "appreciated" Orton's late-season performance in 2011. "Matt Cassel has won here," said Crennel. "We've been to a playoff with Matt Cassel. I don't think Matt Cassel has fallen off the wagon overnight. I think he's a good talent, he's a good quarterback, and he's taken us to a playoff. I anticipate that he can do it again." (Rotoworld)

ColoradoBuff
01-10-2012, 04:04 PM
nice! don't let the door hit ya in the ass Kyle! :)

TheReverend
01-10-2012, 04:07 PM
lol scrub ass piece of ****

mustangtoby
01-10-2012, 04:34 PM
Even the Qiefs can see he sucks... Bet this pist bob off...

Mountain Bronco
01-10-2012, 04:43 PM
I am so glad they retained Romeo and will stick with Cassel, long live the bottom feeders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BroncoBeavis
01-10-2012, 04:48 PM
Nice thread title work, Roh. :)

Rohirrim
01-10-2012, 04:49 PM
Nice thread title work, Roh. :)

Gracias. ;D

Agamemnon
01-10-2012, 05:10 PM
Orton vs. Cassel

The kind of dilemma every championship team must face sooner or later. Hilarious!

Rolandftw
01-10-2012, 05:12 PM
He did say that he'd let the free agent process play out in regards to Kyle. But yeah, think it's pretty obvious he's forced to keep Cassel

ScottXray
01-10-2012, 05:17 PM
He did say that he'd let the free agent process play out in regards to Kyle. But yeah, think it's pretty obvious he's forced to keep Cassel

Orton was better than Palko so they may just offer Orton a backup role contract. I think most of the Cassell contract is already done, and he's
mostly been paid , so they will keep him around. They may sign Orton to push him though.

I doubt that Orton is going to get many offers, and probably none as a starter, unless its a placekeeper role ( If Indy cuts Manning he might find a short term job in Indy as a backup to Luck)

robbieopperude
01-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Orton's best chance of competing for a position is in Cleveland, Seattle, Arizona, Miami.
He should also consider a 1 year deal to backup Vick in Phili. That should get him on the field for about 3 games and give teams a chance to see what he can do with weapons at WR again. Otherwise he is backup material at this point.

Bronx33
01-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Bobs junk grows limp hearing this news not even bearclaws can help this pain bob is in a bad place people hold him in your prayers.

Rolandftw
01-10-2012, 05:56 PM
Some team like Washington will offer him a starting gig, if they can't trade up to get RG3.

At the least, there will be a team that will offer him a chance to 'compete' for the starting job. No way he returns to kc to just be Cassel's backup. Orton's a way better option for KC imo, especially if Jamaal Charles returns healthy. A top 5 RB would hide a lot of Orton's redzone deficiencies.

Powderaddict
01-10-2012, 05:57 PM
Shoulda taken the contract Miami offered you 8

Rolandftw
01-10-2012, 05:58 PM
Orton's best chance of competing for a position is in Cleveland, Seattle, Arizona, Miami.
He should also consider a 1 year deal to backup Vick in Phili. That should get him on the field for about 3 games and give teams a chance to see what he can do with weapons at WR again. Otherwise he is backup material at this point.

I could see Cleveland, Seattle and Miami (although Moore wasn't terrible for them for the most part). Would be surprised if he went to Arizona tho with Kolb signed to his huge contract...

cutthemdown
01-10-2012, 06:19 PM
Cassel and Orton about the same. Neither have and fire or fervor in their game. Pretty boring, won't inspire the team, won't do anything that exciting. Chiefs should try and make a move for Manning. They did it with Montana and its like the only time they were good in the last 15 yrs.

cutthemdown
01-10-2012, 06:20 PM
I could see Cleveland, Seattle and Miami (although Moore wasn't terrible for them for the most part). Would be surprised if he went to Arizona tho with Kolb signed to his huge contract...

They also have the young QB Skelton who played for Kolb. Still though KOLB didnt play well so anything can happen.

Jay3
01-10-2012, 06:47 PM
This guy will forever have legions of Tebow-haters rooting for him. It's like they have to justify in their mind the dumpster fire we all had to walk through the last two years, instead a healthy and conventional development path for Tebow.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-10-2012, 08:50 PM
we need orton back here asap he gives us the best chance to win that Tebow guy is trash so what if he is 8-4 won a play off game and before he started Orton was 1-4 HE STILL OUR BEST CHANCE TO WIN Hilarious! .
BUT SIGH KAnDY SHATTY CHEFS WILL KEEP HIM AND THEN THEY WILL GO ALL THE WAY TO THE TOILET ERRRMMM I MEAN SUPERBOWL !!!!!!!!!!!

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-10-2012, 08:53 PM
Even the Qiefs can see he sucks... Bet this pist bob off...

oh no bob will just two step around this dilemma and say hes backing Cassel all along or if they get another QB no matter how sucky that QB is he will insist the chefs are now superbowl bound because of that QB

BroncoBeavis
01-10-2012, 09:21 PM
This guy will forever have legions of Tebow-haters rooting for him. It's like they have to justify in their mind the dumpster fire we all had to walk through the last two years, instead a healthy and conventional development path for Tebow.

But where will the Spiders of the world go if their guy ends up riding the pine for some lackluster small market team?

I can't really see Spidog investing 20 whole bucks in a clearance rack Cleveland Browns #8 jersey if the best he can do is rave about how accurately KO gripped the clipboard last Sunday.

strafen
01-10-2012, 09:22 PM
I am so glad they retained Romeo and will stick with Cassel, long live the bottom feeders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!If they were on purpose trying to screw themselves, they wouldn't've done a better job :holyguac!
In the NFL you've got to have a top ten QB to win a championship. It's been for most part proven, and Cassel is not way near it

strafen
01-10-2012, 09:23 PM
oh no bob will just two step around this dilemma and say hes backing Cassel all along or if they get another QB no matter how sucky that QB is he will insist the chefs are now superbowl bound because of that QB

They wouldn't know a good QB if they saw one...

BroncsCheer
01-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Is this causing a meltdown over on crop-dust alley, aka queefsplanet?

KCStud
01-10-2012, 10:56 PM
This guy will get his chance soon enough.

<--------------

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-10-2012, 11:15 PM
They wouldn't know a good QB if they saw one...

i know that you know that, but does bob know that ?
the answer is NO or maybe bob knows the ugly truth but is in self denial
or maybe bob is really a bronco fan but just wants to mess with bronco fans after all he always on here

dsmoot
01-10-2012, 11:24 PM
Orton was better than Palko so they may just offer Orton a backup role contract. I think most of the Cassell contract is already done, and he's
mostly been paid , so they will keep him around. They may sign Orton to push him though.

I doubt that Orton is going to get many offers, and probably none as a starter, unless its a placekeeper role ( If Indy cuts Manning he might find a short term job in Indy as a backup to Luck)

Is Orton this eras Steve Deberg. The ultimate placeholder where ever he went. Not good enough to keep a job but good enough to let the new guy get ready for primetime.

strafen
01-10-2012, 11:28 PM
i know that you know that, but does bob know that ?
the answer is NO or maybe bob knows the ugly truth but is in self denial
or maybe bob is really a bronco fan but just wants to mess with bronco fans after all he always on hereHeck, Bob was pimping Orton while he was a chief ROFL! Hilarious!

pricejj
01-11-2012, 12:21 AM

Called this after the deal fell apart in the preseason.

I knew if he didn't win the first three games in a row, he would be benched at the bye, never to start again in the league.

If he signed a 2 year deal with Miami, he would have been the starter this year, with a legit shot at being the starter next year, all in a great, low pressure, QB climate.

pricejj
01-11-2012, 12:24 AM
They also have the young QB Skelton who played for Kolb. Still though KOLB didnt play well so anything can happen.

Skelton >> Orton

robbieopperude
01-11-2012, 05:15 AM
I think his best bet is to try and get his agent to get him an interview with Jacksonville. I bet he regrets his crappy relationship with Tebow now since most teams would look at him as a 1 year guy to hold the fort over until there young QB is ready. Teams aren't going to want a vet who isn't going to help teach.

Still it was very clear that Gabbert was no where near ready to play this season and would help his development if he sat on the bench for a season to study the playbook.

Pony Boy
01-11-2012, 10:31 AM
The Jet's will make a major move to get P Manning but if that fails I could see Orton in a Jets uniform standing behind Sanchez.

Peoples Champ
01-11-2012, 10:45 AM
Is this causing a meltdown over on crop-dust alley, aka queefsplanet?

probably,

And on the OMANE, if orton leaves the chiefs, you will not see Bob come on here and eat crow for saying Orton will return the chiefs to the top of the AFC west next year.

Butterscotch Stallion
01-11-2012, 10:46 AM
The Jet's will make a major move to get P Manning but if that fails I could see Orton in a Jets uniform standing behind Sanchez.

a Jets "water boy" uniform, maybe.

Peoples Champ
01-11-2012, 10:48 AM
probably,

And on the OMANE, if orton leaves the chiefs, you will not see Bob come on here and eat crow for saying Orton will return the chiefs to the top of the AFC west next year.

BOB runs and hides when he is wrong on players.

Shotgun Willie
01-11-2012, 10:53 AM

If you're ignoring the fact that they never even offered him a contract and never agreed upon any trade compensation with Denver.

ClamChowdah
01-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Orton will still be in the NFL when Tebow is sitting on the couch.

Butterscotch Stallion
01-11-2012, 11:02 AM

Hedging your bets bob?

Kaylore
01-11-2012, 11:04 AM
Let the bidding begin!

bronco militia
01-11-2012, 11:08 AM
I guess it all depends on who they hire to run the offense in 2012. Weiss had Cassel playing much better in 2010.

Pony Boy
01-11-2012, 11:20 AM

"Jam Out with your Clam Out" ........

bendog
01-11-2012, 12:19 PM
I guess it all depends on who they hire to run the offense in 2012. Weiss had Cassel playing much better in 2010.

yeah, but they had me convinced they'd make a play for Luck or Griffin III now that there's a rookie pay scale. Thank God their cheap ass owner dooms them to mediocrity at best. Now we can get back to ignoring KC and SD to really put some hate into Oak, which is how it should be.

broncosteven
01-11-2012, 12:23 PM
I am guessing Orton ends up in Chicago as a backup to Cutler, he hinted that was where he wanted to go when released and Chicago fans and media are pissed that duh bears didn't have a quality backup in place.

razorwire77
01-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Stick with Cassel Romeo. Good call. The longer KC commits to either starting Cassel or Orton, the better off the Broncos will be. KC has a lot of talent on both offense and defense. Injuries and Cassel's inability to throw passes longer than 6 yards have really hampered them. I don't want a KC team with an RGIII on the roster.

bendog
01-11-2012, 12:28 PM
I am guessing Orton ends up in Chicago as a backup to Cutler, he hinted that was where he wanted to go when released and Chicago fans and media are pissed that duh bears didn't have a quality backup in place.

If shanny's still in Wash, would he have the stones to give his one for Frown Cannon?

Peoples Champ
01-11-2012, 12:42 PM

I can eat more clam chowda in 20 minutes then anybody in the new england area

bendog
01-11-2012, 01:02 PM

oh, I think Bob LOVES that clammy chowdah

bronco militia
01-11-2012, 01:16 PM

:notworthy

Powderaddict
01-11-2012, 01:48 PM

That could be true, benchriding QB's can have long careers. Turns out holding a clipboard isn't that physically demanding (which suits Orton perfectly).

Even if it is true, and even if Tebow retired today, Tebow would still retire with more playoff wins than Orton.

KCStud
01-11-2012, 02:26 PM
Clark is a cheap owner huh? Any proof of that?

bendog
01-11-2012, 02:35 PM
Clark is a cheap owner huh? Any proof of that?

http://demotivationalwall.com/demoty/31f1aea8e572eda00f7fcc355d017606.jpg

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/37327/looking-at-2011-salary-cap-figures

KCStud
01-11-2012, 02:37 PM
http://demotivationalwall.com/demoty/31f1aea8e572eda00f7fcc355d017606.jpg

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/37327/looking-at-2011-salary-cap-figures

The Eagles spent more on FA's than anyone. Can you guess where they are right now?

bendog
01-11-2012, 02:39 PM
That was your attempt at deflection. And it was sad.

KCStud
01-11-2012, 02:41 PM
That was your attempt at deflection. And it was sad.

Maybe if you knew about what Clark Hunt has done, than you would know he isn't cheap.

Agamemnon
01-11-2012, 02:43 PM
The Eagles spent more on FA's than anyone. Can you guess where they are right now?

What does one organization spending unwisely have to do with the fact that yours is cheap?

bendog
01-11-2012, 02:44 PM
In my time away, I'd forgotten what a pathetic tool of an other team poster you are. You are my first use of the ignore feature in three years. Congratulations, it will be the only thing you win for the forseeable future beyond possibly a case of clap or a conviction for meth.

Agamemnon
01-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Maybe if you knew about what Clark Hunt has done, than you would know he isn't cheap.

So there's another reason he's allergic to spending up to the cap number?

KCStud
01-11-2012, 02:46 PM
What does one organization spending unwisely have to do with the fact that yours is cheap?

Spending money on a ton of high-priced FA's doesn't win championships. Drafting does.

Clark has proven he isn't cheap several times.

Pick Six
01-11-2012, 02:50 PM

He should have compelled Fox to actually trade him to the Bears. Orton had to have known that Chicago was very low on the waiver wire list, and somebody else was going to claim him, first. If he didn't, he's not as intelligent as I thought he was...

Shotgun Willie
01-11-2012, 03:12 PM
Spending money on a ton of high-priced FA's doesn't win championships. Drafting does.

Oh really?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/20/chiefs-stadium-workers-losing-key-benefit-of-employment/

According to FOX 4 in Kansas City, the folks who work in the parking lots and turnstiles are losing one of the main reasons they seek such jobs: The ability to watch the games at no charge.

In the past, the workers have been permitted to stay and watch the games. “We were told that when we work and we are done, we are to clock out and leave the premises,” said Steve Warner, who has worked for 13 years (and we doubt there will be a 14th year) as a ticket taker. “That’s when everybody was very, very, very upset. . . . When we go and work hard at the gates and knowing that it’s hot outside or freezing in January, even during the season, you get your benefit of going and watching the game.”

Said the Chiefs, in a statement released to FOX 4L “We’re working to develop policies and practices that provide the best possible experience for our fans; and fair and appropriate compensation and benefits for our employees.”

KCStud
01-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Clark's first 2 moves. Telling King Carl to GTFO and aggressively pursuing the prize NFL Executive by making him the highest paid GM in the NFL

Clark has spent money to keep valuable players like Charles, DJ, Hali, Flowers, Succop and soon to be Bowe.

But yes continue to tell me how Clark is cheap and doesn't care about winning.

Agamemnon
01-11-2012, 03:34 PM

Not spending money on FA's at all doesn't seem to be working either. You guys can't even win a playoff game much less a championship.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-11-2012, 04:39 PM
Heck, Bob was pimping Orton while he was a chief ROFL! Hilarious!
poor bob who will he slobber over and wack off to if orton isnt
matter of fact if Brady Quinn went over to kc bob would proclaim he is the best qb ever and he will take kc to the promise land

KCStud
01-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Not spending money on FA's at all doesn't seem to be working either. You guys can't even win a playoff game much less a championship.

That's because King Carl couldn't draft worth a damn.

This playoff drought is on King Carl and Lamar Hunt, not Clark or Pioli.

Clark became owner in 2005, but really put his stamp on the team in 2009.

Since then I'd say we've done better than expected under him and Pioli, considering the giant mess King Carl left us.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-11-2012, 05:14 PM

BOB !! HALLOWEEN IS OVER GET RID OF THE DISGUISE !!!!!!!!!

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-11-2012, 05:15 PM
lets have a drinking game .
everytime bob says or does something stupid take a shot.

Agamemnon
01-11-2012, 06:02 PM
That's because King Carl couldn't draft worth a damn.

This playoff drought is on King Carl and Lamar Hunt, not Clark or Pioli.

Clark became owner in 2005, but really put his stamp on the team in 2009.

Since then I'd say we've done better than expected under him and Pioli, considering the giant mess King Carl left us.

You're delusions bring me joy. Hilarious!

KCStud
01-11-2012, 07:34 PM
You're delusions bring me joy. Hilarious!

You're right. Clark is a terrible owner and Pioli is a terrible GM. Taking over a 2-14 team and being a blocked FG away from having 2 division championships/playoff appearances in first 3 years on the job are terrible ::)