PDA

View Full Version : Hue Jackson Fired LOL!

Bronco Rob
01-10-2012, 10:53 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/1/10/2697080/hue-jackson-fired-oakland-raiders-head-coach

LOL

bfoflcommish
01-10-2012, 10:54 AM
HE WILL NEVER DIE!!!!

http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu232/JM_Fortney/al-davis-crypt-keeper.jpg

bfoflcommish
01-10-2012, 10:55 AM
OR MAYBE ITS MORE LIKE THIKS NOW

http://www.livestreetcam.com/ghost/ghost.jpg

oubronco
01-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Good grief that organization is Pathetic he's the best coach they've had since Chucky

BroncoLover
01-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Jim caldwell will go in the next few days.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Long live zombie Al.

bendog
01-10-2012, 10:58 AM
And they screwed themselves with Palmer. Sweeeet. Rivers is stuck in SD cursing Eli and Archie. And KC may not be able to get themselves a qb this draft.

schaaf
01-10-2012, 10:59 AM
The things this franchise do to stay below average just amazes me

Rohirrim
01-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Yeah. Didn't sound like McKenzie and Jackson would get along. Expect somebody from the Packers to come in.

bronco militia
01-10-2012, 11:01 AM
I think he wanted to get fired....his public comments the day after the season were provocative to say the least

errand
01-10-2012, 11:01 AM
I thought the Raiders screwed up when they fired Cable...he was coming off an 8-8 season where he led his team to a sweep of the AFC West....i thought they were' pretty close to contending after that....but it's nice to know that the more things change, the they stay the same....

Kaylore
01-10-2012, 11:02 AM
I think he wanted to get fired....his public comments the day after the season were provocative to say the least

Elaborate. I was playing Skyrim and feeding a baby that week.

bendog
01-10-2012, 11:04 AM

They were, but really the faide quit on themselves even with the opportunity to get to the dance. I think they'd have been better off to stick with Jackson and make a list of what players need to go. The owner dies, they sell their future for a washed up qb to try and salvage a season, the team then follows individual agendas and the front office doesn't have a clue as to what they are doing.

Our owner is maybe senile, but man it could be so much worse.

NFLBRONCO
01-10-2012, 11:05 AM
Be interesting to see who they get now. I hate the Raiders with a passion but, thought he did a solid job. I bet they'll want to interview Allen.

bendog
01-10-2012, 11:06 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/hue-jackson-lets-it-fly-in-angry-post-game-press-conference?urn=nfl,wp15090Elaborate. I was playing Skyrim and feeding a baby that week.

baby? I couldn't do another baby.

bronco militia
01-10-2012, 11:08 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/search/hue+jackson

Q: If there is going to be a front office hire, can you make those changes? Talked of taking stronger role in organization. Is that stuff sorted out in your mind?
Jackson: “No, it’s not. But I would hope that as the head coach of this football team I would hope that the organization understands that I have a pretty good idea of where we need to go. Because if not, then I shouldn’t be where I’m sitting. So at the end of the day, I think I have a pretty good idea now that I’ve been through this for a year, and have done it, be it coaching, be it all kind of sort of different hats and duties, dealing with you all, and everybody, I think I know exactly what this team needs to do and how they need to do it. That’s the fun part of it. The downside of it is I didn’t want to be sitting here today. I wanted to be preparing for a game. And we’re not.”

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2012/01/02/coach-jackson-weighs-in-on-array-of-topics/#more-18347

Jackson’s solution for all the problems: More Hue Jackson.

“I’m going take a stronger hand in this whole team, this whole organization,” Jackson said. “There ain’t no way that I’m going to feel like I feel today a year from now, I promise you that. There’s no question. Defensively, offensively and special teams. I aint feeling like this no more. This is a joke. . . . Yeah, I’m going to take a hand in everything that goes on here

Ray Finkle
01-10-2012, 11:09 AM

so you decided to breast feed....bravo!

Archer81
01-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Another episode of the AFC West As the World Turns...

:Broncos:

Smiling Assassin27
01-10-2012, 11:11 AM
If I'm Reggie McKenzie, I put one of my own guys as HC, not some glorified coordinator. This is not at all unexpected.

boltaneer
01-10-2012, 11:12 AM
Sadly, I think this is a move in the right direction for the Raiders.

That and they have a real GM now, doesn't bode well for the AFC West, IMO.

At least they don't have any draft picks this year.

bronco militia
01-10-2012, 11:12 AM
non boob mojo post:

http://cdn.babble.com/being-pregnant/files/2011/06/manary-gland.jpg

gyldenlove
01-10-2012, 11:14 AM

As long as they are starting captain Average at QB the rest of the AFC West will be okay - right now I am much much more worried about the queefs, they get Jamaal Charles, Eric Berry, Moeaki back for next season, plus they always do well the year after they face the Broncos in week 17.

ScottXray
01-10-2012, 11:18 AM
AFter the stuff Jackson said after the season ended ( for them) he kind of left the door open for the firing, especially knowing they would be bringing in a GM. Kind of wrote his own ticket out the door. On the other hand that trade for Palmer was a HUGE mistake, and a panic reaction that has now hurt the team in the future.

Greasy Al manages to knock off another of his coaches with promise by Dying and causing turmoil in the management again. His mismanagement reaches from beyond the grave. Truly he was the Cryptkeeper.

Kaylore
01-10-2012, 11:22 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/search/hue+jackson

Q: If there is going to be a front office hire, can you make those changes? Talked of taking stronger role in organization. Is that stuff sorted out in your mind?
Jackson: ďNo, itís not. But I would hope that as the head coach of this football team I would hope that the organization understands that I have a pretty good idea of where we need to go. Because if not, then I shouldnít be where Iím sitting. So at the end of the day, I think I have a pretty good idea now that Iíve been through this for a year, and have done it, be it coaching, be it all kind of sort of different hats and duties, dealing with you all, and everybody, I think I know exactly what this team needs to do and how they need to do it. Thatís the fun part of it. The downside of it is I didnít want to be sitting here today. I wanted to be preparing for a game. And weíre not.Ē

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2012/01/02/coach-jackson-weighs-in-on-array-of-topics/#more-18347

Jacksonís solution for all the problems: More Hue Jackson.

ďIím going take a stronger hand in this whole team, this whole organization,Ē Jackson said. ďThere ainít no way that Iím going to feel like I feel today a year from now, I promise you that. Thereís no question. Defensively, offensively and special teams. I aint feeling like this no more. This is a joke. . . . Yeah, Iím going to take a hand in everything that goes on here
Yeah that last quote is funny. Shows what the Raiders think of that idea.

DomCasual
01-10-2012, 11:23 AM

Man, I miss babies. Honestly, I have a new niece, and it's made me miss it - even the crappy diapers.

bendog
01-10-2012, 11:26 AM
For the Packers, losing McKenzie is a double whammy.

Earlier Friday, Green Bay announced that Vice President Jason Wied had resigned from the team's front office because of health issues.

Wied, the vice president of administration/general counsel, took an indefinite leave of absence from the organization in November. In a statement issued Friday by the Packers, Wied said he has been dealing with sleep apnea and insomnia and developed a dependency on one of the herbal remedies he was using.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/06/reggie-mckenzie-raiders-gm-hire-packers-nfl_n_1190554.html

I used to love a pipe before bed

Shotgun Willie
01-10-2012, 11:27 AM
Man, I miss babies. Honestly, I have a new niece, and it's made me miss it - even the crappy diapers.

Look at the bright side, you'll have your own crappy diapers to deal with in no time.

SJ Bronco
01-10-2012, 11:28 AM
I wonder if they have made a phone cal to MCD yet. You know it's coming!

Toshiro Takashi
01-10-2012, 11:45 AM
Matt Flynn will look good in silver & black

broncocalijohn
01-10-2012, 11:50 AM
I wonder if they have made a phone cal to MCD yet. You know it's coming!

Do they think it is their payback for us taking Shanahan back as a asst. coach in 1989? Good to see Al Davis still runs the franchise even when he is dead.

Rohirrim
01-10-2012, 11:52 AM
For the Packers, losing McKenzie is a double whammy.

Earlier Friday, Green Bay announced that Vice President Jason Wied had resigned from the team's front office because of health issues.

Wied, the vice president of administration/general counsel, took an indefinite leave of absence from the organization in November. In a statement issued Friday by the Packers, Wied said he has been dealing with sleep apnea and insomnia and developed a dependency on one of the herbal remedies he was using.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/06/reggie-mckenzie-raiders-gm-hire-packers-nfl_n_1190554.html

I used to love a pipe before bed

With all the **** going on with the Packers right now, I can't imagine them beating the Giants. Their focus must be all over the place.

bronco militia
01-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Fisher at Oakland would suck

BroncoBen
01-10-2012, 12:00 PM
And they screwed themselves with Palmer. Sweeeet. Rivers is stuck in SD cursing Eli and Archie. And KC may not be able to get themselves a qb this draft.

And that is the reason Hue Jackson was fired.. he was the one who lobbied so hard to get Palmer. I guess you reap what you soe..

Bronco Rob
01-10-2012, 12:02 PM
In the last 9 seasons, the Raiders have the 2nd-worst win pct in the NFL (.313). Only the Lions have lost more games (100) in this stretch.

Oakland: NFL record 163 penalties for 1,358 yards this season.

Hilarious!

Lestat
01-10-2012, 12:05 PM
yeah Jackson's comments were all over SC. it was hilarious and weird at the same time.
but he was doomed once they hired a new actual GM. the defensive staff was gutted by him and his team has been flat out dumb on the field with penalties.

Crushaholic
01-10-2012, 12:07 PM
Do they even KNOW that they are the laughing stock of the NFL, because of their lack of patience with new coaches? Hilarious!

NFLBRONCO
01-10-2012, 12:19 PM

Why Fisher is vastly overrated imo.

bronco militia
01-10-2012, 12:23 PM
Why Fisher is vastly overrated imo.

well he's at least a step or two better than any of the trash they've rolled out the last 10 years.

HILife
01-10-2012, 12:23 PM

Skyrim will really cut you off from the rest of the world. It's beat into the game to do that.

Pony Boy
01-10-2012, 12:29 PM
Please Lord let this happen ......

broncosteven
01-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Wow, Suddenly we are the stable franchise and it appears we did deserve to win the AFC West at 8-8 afterall.

Agamemnon
01-10-2012, 01:01 PM

Their GM is completely unproven. Just because he's coming from a winning franchise doesn't mean he'll be that good himself.

BabyTO
01-10-2012, 01:08 PM
http://brianandbethany.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/304175.jpg

YOU WANT MORE FRANCHISE?! NO FRANCHISE FOR YOU!! Hilarious!

bendog
01-10-2012, 01:25 PM
Their GM is completely unproven. Just because he's coming from a winning franchise doesn't mean he'll be that good himself.

I dunno. His resume looked like he has player evaluation all over it for the best team in the league AND he's a former player. He doesn't have the cap or coaching hire experience, but the former is sort of overblown unless a team plans to circumvent the cap with back loading contracts.

Maybe they'll hire Jack Tatum to coach (-:

Lestat
01-10-2012, 01:35 PM
well it's like a coach who's really good at being a coordinator but then once they have to be the CEO they can't handle it because they put too much on their plate.
but, you never know until you give them the chance. everyone is green until they get experience in doing so.
I dunno. His resume looked like he has player evaluation all over it for the best team in the league AND he's a former player. He doesn't have the cap or coaching hire experience, but the former is sort of overblown unless a team plans to circumvent the cap with back loading contracts.

Maybe they'll hire Jack Tatum to coach (-:

SJ Bronco
01-10-2012, 01:56 PM
yes....yes it would

SJ Bronco
01-10-2012, 01:59 PM
They let the Raider fans (and we all know how much they know) sway their decision making through the local radio and newspaper. The sports media has way too much influence in this market. Some freaks with costumes on tell Amy Trask and Al Jr (whatever his name is) to fire a coach, they do it.

boltaneer
01-10-2012, 03:03 PM

That's a good point.

But it's certainly headed in the right direction than it with Al running the show. Of course, the needle had no other direction to go than up after that. ;)

Chris
01-10-2012, 03:13 PM
non boob mojo post:

http://cdn.babble.com/being-pregnant/files/2011/06/manary-gland.jpg

I GOT KIDS.

Chris
01-10-2012, 03:20 PM
well he's at least a step or two better than any of the trash they've rolled out the last 10 years.

He won't go there anyway. Oakland is the least desirable job opening this offseason.

NFLBRONCO
01-10-2012, 03:22 PM

Well you put it that way maybe

Ugly Duck
01-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Expect somebody from the Packers to come in.

Last week there were whisperings that Mackenzie was going to gut the Al Davis empire in a wholesale housecleaning. Green Bay assistants Darren Perry and Winston Moss (both mentioned as potential head coaching candidates last year) are rumored to be following Mackenzie to Oakland with the intention of one becoming defensive coordinator & the other as head coach. In his presser, Mackenzie said he became Director because of his scouting prowess in which he balanced talent with "what kind of person" a player is. WTF does that mean? I dunno what that means....

Rohirrim
01-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Last week there were whisperings that Mackenzie was going to gut the Al Davis empire in a wholesale housecleaning. Green Bay assistants Darren Perry and Winston Moss (both mentioned as potential head coaching candidates last year) are rumored to be following Mackenzie to Oakland with the intention of one becoming defensive coordinator & the other as head coach. In his presser, Mackenzie said he became Director because of his scouting prowess in which he balanced talent with "what kind of person" a player is. WTF does that mean? I dunno what that means....

Yeah. That terminology is not in the Raider playbook. It means "players with good character." ;D

Bronx33
01-10-2012, 04:41 PM

It means your team will be able to express its feelings and feminine side and quit holding all that nasty anger inside there will be group hugs before and after practice and yes holding hands in the huddle.

Ugly Duck
01-10-2012, 05:06 PM
It means your team will be able to express its feelings and feminine side and quit holding all that nasty anger inside there will be group hugs before and after practice and yes holding hands in the huddle.

http://vomit.poyt.com/images/puke03.jpg

cutthemdown
01-10-2012, 05:10 PM
This is a good move. After Al's death Jackson made a bunch of power plays. Then after season he openly panned for more control of the team and supposedly guys like Madden were put off by it. Meckenzie and Winston Moss actually probably a better fit for Radiers. Former Raiders etc etc. I have read Moss was ready to be a coordinator, so this is a bit of a reach bypassing that spot but whatever.

Still Jackson a fool, a bad coach, a bad GM, and this isn't a big deal IMO other then it shows Al Davis was ruining the team with his hires.

cutthemdown
01-10-2012, 05:13 PM

Typical Charger fan thinking, but misses the big picture. You don't want the rest of your division to be crap. What has the afc west being easy to win done for the Chargers? Made you soft and beatable in the playoffs is what it did. When the Broncos won the Superbowl we had to fight to win the west. One time KC won it and we were the wildcard if I remember correct. During the late 80's Raiders were an avg team but with a mean defense that pounded Elway around, making him tough.

I disagree with you. What you want is for the whole division to be good. It makes your team better, tougher, and more ready for what the playoffs hold.

NUB
01-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Good firing. Getting rid of Tom Cable was a hilarious mistake, though.

Tim
01-10-2012, 07:21 PM
This is a good move. After Al's death Jackson made a bunch of power plays. Then after season he openly panned for more control of the team and supposedly guys like Madden were put off by it. Meckenzie and Winston Moss actually probably a better fit for Radiers. Former Raiders etc etc. I have read Moss was ready to be a coordinator, so this is a bit of a reach bypassing that spot but whatever.

Still Jackson a fool, a bad coach, a bad GM, and this isn't a big deal IMO other then it shows Al Davis was ruining the team with his hires.

I agree, Moss has been on the packer's staff for ever and If I remember right when Al brought him in for an interview a few years back to be a head coach so he is as qualified as anybody available.

This Meckenzie guy sounds like a great guy to have in the division too ROFL!

Tombstone RJ
01-10-2012, 07:24 PM

that means no more criminals in training camp (excluding fans of course).

broncosteven
01-10-2012, 09:01 PM
I bet Tyrell Jones was bragging about Hue locking up an extension...

I sure wish that joker would come in an tell us how the Pats are going to kill us on Sunday. I would feel a whole lot better.

boltaneer
01-11-2012, 01:43 AM
Typical Charger fan thinking, but misses the big picture. You don't want the rest of your division to be crap. What has the afc west being easy to win done for the Chargers? Made you soft and beatable in the playoffs is what it did. When the Broncos won the Superbowl we had to fight to win the west. One time KC won it and we were the wildcard if I remember correct. During the late 80's Raiders were an avg team but with a mean defense that pounded Elway around, making him tough.

I disagree with you. What you want is for the whole division to be good. It makes your team better, tougher, and more ready for what the playoffs hold.

Actually, I agree with you completely. You have to admit though, the Raiders and their whacky moves over the years have been entertaining.

In the end though, it doesn't matter for us as long as Norm is here. This team will never be tough with him in charge.

Bronco Rob
01-11-2012, 02:04 AM
The saddest thing about the San Diego Chargers is that they've had the most talented team in the AFC West for the better part of half a decade. Look at what they've done with all that talent absolutely nothing.

And how do they reward the people that squandered all that talent by giving an contract extensions.

On the topic at hand I wish I could find the clip where Winston Moss cheap shots John Elway.

cutthemdown
01-11-2012, 02:29 AM
It's true what the Chargers did is laughable. They at one had LT, Turner, Gates with a good defense and still could not win anything. Now the talent is slipping back to the pack and they are in real trouble.

Ugly Duck
01-11-2012, 05:01 PM
I wish I could find the clip where Winston Moss cheap shots John Elway.

"An everlasting memory of Winston Moss might be when the rowdy Raider linebacker went after Denver quarterback John Elway the way a rodeo cowboy goes after a calf, riding him out of bounds, under a bench and into a stupor. It was neither the nicest nor proudest moment of young Winston's life, but football being a very serious business, all he can do about it today is nod and say: "Yeah, I remember that. That was a serious hit."

Bronx33
01-11-2012, 05:04 PM
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/3076/markdavis.jpg

I am i as crazy as my dad? and yes i am souless ginger.

Archer81
01-11-2012, 05:21 PM

He looks like Fester from the Addams Family movie (the first one when he marries Debbie...)

2KBack
01-11-2012, 05:25 PM
He looks like Fester from the Addams Family movie (the first one when he marries Debbie...)

Not that I'm overly proud to know this....but the oone where Fester Marries Debbie is the sequel: Adams Family Values

Indeed he does look like Fester in a wig though

Archer81
01-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Not that I'm overly proud to know this....but the oone where Fester Marries Debbie is the sequel: Adams Family Values

Indeed he does look like Fester in a wig though

That's right. Shame on me for not knowing the sequel from the original...

And he totally looks like Fester in a wig.

Bronx33
01-11-2012, 05:34 PM
That's right. Shame on me for not knowing the sequel from the original...

And he totally looks like Fester in a wig.

Ok so when he starts to meddle with the team and screw things up like his old man his name will be fester.

Archer81
01-11-2012, 05:35 PM
Ok so when he starts to meddle with the team and screw things up like his old man his name will be fester.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

WolfpackGuy
01-11-2012, 05:43 PM
On the topic at hand I wish I could find the clip where Winston Moss cheap shots John Elway.

Yeah, 1992 season opener on TNT.

Moss would've been ejected immediately if that happened today.

I also remember later Elway spun out of a corner blitz and hit a big pass on the game winning drive.

Archedamian
01-11-2012, 09:59 PM
I read that this is the 7th head coach in 10 years for them. Is that correct?

Ugly Duck
01-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Jason Whitlock chimes in on the Hue Jackson firing:
"Within the Raiders organization there are a lot of beaten-down, worthless Al Davis flunkies who are scared McKenzie has been given the autonomy to scrub the place clean of beaten-down, worthless Al Davis flunkies. The Al Davis-Oakland gravy train has run out of gravy and starving, beaten-down, worthless Al Davis flunkies are crying"

"The Carson Palmer trade ó orchestrated by Hue-bris ó could quite possibly be remembered as the dumbest, most-selfish act in the history of professional sports. Seriously. Capitalizing on the power vacuum created by the death of an NFL legend, a first-time head coach, in a desperate attempt to pad his resume and back into the playoffs with a flawed team with zero chance of winning the Super Bowl, compromised the future of his organization by handing Mike Brown a fortune for a washed-up quarterback."

"Firing Hue-bris was not remotely controversial. The controversy wouldíve been in his retention. Whatever skills he has a play-caller and a leader are undermined by his delusion and arrogance."

"Mark Davis doesnít want to build the New York Jets. He wants turn the Raiders into the Packers. Thatís why he hired a former Raiders linebacker who learned the front-office side of football from the Packers to reinvent the Oakland Raiders. And thatís why Davis allowed McKenzie to fire Hue-bris Jackson."

Rohirrim
01-12-2012, 03:07 PM

Dude. That hairdo went out with Camelot.

edog24
01-12-2012, 03:13 PM
Jason Whitlock chimes in on the Hue Jackson firing:
"Within the Raiders organization there are a lot of beaten-down, worthless Al Davis flunkies who are scared McKenzie has been given the autonomy to scrub the place clean of beaten-down, worthless Al Davis flunkies. The Al Davis-Oakland gravy train has run out of gravy and starving, beaten-down, worthless Al Davis flunkies are crying"

"The Carson Palmer trade ó orchestrated by Hue-bris ó could quite possibly be remembered as the dumbest, most-selfish act in the history of professional sports. Seriously. Capitalizing on the power vacuum created by the death of an NFL legend, a first-time head coach, in a desperate attempt to pad his resume and back into the playoffs with a flawed team with zero chance of winning the Super Bowl, compromised the future of his organization by handing Mike Brown a fortune for a washed-up quarterback."

"Firing Hue-bris was not remotely controversial. The controversy wouldíve been in his retention. Whatever skills he has a play-caller and a leader are undermined by his delusion and arrogance."

"Mark Davis doesnít want to build the New York Jets. He wants turn the Raiders into the Packers. Thatís why he hired a former Raiders linebacker who learned the front-office side of football from the Packers to reinvent the Oakland Raiders. And thatís why Davis allowed McKenzie to fire Hue-bris Jackson."

Interesting. I am still mad we didn't con Hugh into a first rounder for the sloth.