PDA

View Full Version : Woody Paige: NFL should put kibosh on Josh McDaniels' return to New England Patriots

Bronco Rob
01-10-2012, 11:40 AM
Woody Paige: NFL should put kibosh on Josh McDaniels' return to New England Patriots

By Woody Paige
The Denver Post
Posted: 01/10/2012 01:00:00 AM

Hoodie and The Blowfish are back together again.

Josh McDaniels is reuniting with Bill Belichick​ for "I Spy: The Second Sequel."

The Broncos certainly should not hold a walkthrough practice at the razor stadium on the eve of Saturday night's playoff game. They don't know who'll be watching, taping and stealing signals, schemes and plays.

Will Belichick and McDaniels be rehiring Steve Scarnecchia too? The former Patriots and Broncos videographer is the son of Patriots longtime assistant Dante Scarnecchia​, and was McDaniels' roommate on the road when they originally joined the Patriots. He was a willing, admitted participant in both Spygate and McSpygate.

For Saturday's game, Belichick and McDaniels can wear matching gray, hooded sweat shirts and toenail polish.

What a crock of a coincidence this is.

Belichick brought in Kid McCoach as an "offensive assistant" just in time to interrogate him before the Patriots' rematch with the Broncos and 32 of McDaniels' players and nine assistant coaches from last season's team. The Broncos fired McDaniels on Dec. 6, 2010, because of failure as a coach (17 losses in McD's last 22 games), his poor player-people-press skills and, ultimately, the videotaping scandal that undid the franchise.

Belichick said Monday that McDaniels will be a "good asset to our team for the remainder of the season."

Sure. He can provide inside information and tendencies of players and coaches, especially the offensive coordinator he worked closely with, Mike McCoy. Some aspects of his old playbook passing offense were retained.

For the rest.......http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_19709278

oubronco
01-10-2012, 11:41 AM
As well they should it's BS

strafen
01-10-2012, 11:42 AM
Lonnie Paxton!!!
That's the mo-fo we need to worry about!

ClamChowdah
01-10-2012, 11:47 AM
Would you like some cheese with your whine Woody?

It'll all be over for you on Saturday night anyway, you're playing the big boys now.

oubronco
01-10-2012, 11:53 AM

It'll all be over for you on Saturday night anyway, you're playing the big boys now.

Better not get to cocky Karma's a bittch

Bronco Rob
01-10-2012, 12:04 PM

Bob your act is staler than Gallaghers.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2eg5euq.jpg

:wave:

Rohirrim
01-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Woody brings up an interesting point. I hope the Broncos hire extra security for their practices. After all, we are playing against known cheats.

TheReverend
01-10-2012, 12:08 PM
It's too late now... prep work's pretty much done.

bendog
01-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Woody brings up an interesting point. I hope the Broncos hire extra security for their practices. After all, we are playing against known cheats.

If I get immunity, I'd volunteer to fly up and put the guy in the hosptal before the game. I'll pay my own way and pack my own bat.

Archer81
01-10-2012, 12:12 PM
That is kind of weird. And highly unfair. McDaniels spends an entire year designing the leagues worst offense but gets to jump ship and join a playoff team the same year?

:Broncos:

TheReverend
01-10-2012, 12:13 PM
If I get immunity, I'd volunteer to fly up and put the guy in the hosptal before the game. I'll pay my own way and pack my own bat.

I'd split the costs with you, actually.

Shotgun Willie
01-10-2012, 12:30 PM

You're right. It's not like we didn't just beat the team that owned you earlier this season.

ClamChowdah
01-10-2012, 12:31 PM
You're right. It's not like we didn't just beat the team that owned you earlier this season.

LOL

Flawed loser logic, you got beatdown by us at home now you're travelling west to east on a short week against a fully rested team.

Toshiro Takashi
01-10-2012, 12:32 PM
I hate Woody.

It won't matter one bit. The Rams didn't even play the Tebows this year.

Bronco Rob
01-10-2012, 12:38 PM
LOL

Flawed loser logic, you got beatdown by us at home now you're travelling west to east on a short week against a fully rested team.

Hi Bob!

http://i49.tinypic.com/2eg5euq.jpg

:wave:

Shotgun Willie
01-10-2012, 12:47 PM
LOL

Like they did in the 97 playoffs against the Chiefs? I seem to recall that worked out pretty well.

Old Dude
01-10-2012, 12:52 PM
I'd be more concerned if Denver's defense remotely resembled the same crew in the same scheme that was here during McD's tenure.

Toshiro Takashi
01-10-2012, 01:02 PM
http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/mcd-and-bb-talking.jpg

Rohirrim
01-10-2012, 01:07 PM
I'd be more concerned if Denver's defense remotely resembled the same crew in the same scheme that was here during McD's tenure.

Yeah. I don't get the concern re McD. He knows nothing about this team.

BroncoBen
01-10-2012, 01:12 PM
I don't know.. I figure since there is no rule against it.. why not do it, I'm surprised more teams don't do this. Now Ethically it’s a different matter.

Didn't the Broncos do this with Mike Shannahan years ago ? wasn't he brought in for the final few games or playoff run with Elway.

Pick Six
01-10-2012, 01:15 PM
It's OK. The more minds that work on this, the better. We all know the saying of "Too many cooks spoil the broth". I see it backfiring on them...:tebow:

Powderaddict
01-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Eh, I don't care. It will just make the win even sweeter. Maybe give a few players a bit more motivation (not that it's needed).

He sucked as an OC in STL, he's not going to give NE any super secret info they don't already know. He failed on his own, let him crawl back to NE.

If we win it will just make the win that much better.

bendog
01-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Billicheat, “Welcome home, Josh.”

McDouche, “Thank’s Mr. Billicheat.”

Billicheat, “It’s just ‘coach,’ Josh. Remember that.”

McDouche, “Yes sir, anything you say, Sir.”

Billicheat, “OK, you know what I want you to do?”

McDouche gets on his knees and shuffles towards Billicheat, and reaches for the elastic waistband on his sweats .....

Billicheat, “Jesus Kraft Cheese Christ WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING .....?”

McDouche, “Sorry coach, it’s just that that’s the St. Louis’ Rams way.”

Billicheat, “Well it’s God Damned not MY way. Maybe Parcells goes for it, but we do it MY WAY here, you understand?”

McDouche, “Yes sir. Your way.”

Billicheat, “Damn right. First thing you run off the quarterback to let the team know YOU’RE in charge. Any dissent ... run the bastard out of the League.”

McDouche, “Yes, Sir.”

Billicheat, “I don’t trade dissenters, I get one of my guys to wreck their knee in practice and then waive them with an injury settlement.” Chuckles.

McDouche, “Yes, Sir. I followed your instructions to the letter.”

Billicheat, “And it nearly worked Josh. ****ing Denver had my number since I left the Tuna. Even after Elway .... that little Rat Bastard jammed his bony little fist up my ass with running backs I wouldn’t piss on ..... You had em 2-14, Son. That’s getting it done.”

McDouche, “And I drafted Tim Tebow to put in our offense ....”

Billicheat laughs evilly. “Josh, that was a genius move even for me. Can you see that left handed aerobics instructor leading the league in passing attempts. Even Lucifer couldn’t have jammed up the Broncos better than that.”

McDouche, “That’s why I’ll always have a home here, right Coach?”

Billicheat, “Well, Josh, that’s the thing. Elway hired Fox, and Fox likes quarterbacks who can’t pass ... for some reason.”

McDouche, “And he nearly beat you in that superbowl...”

Billicheat, “Shut up and don’t interrupt me again, boy.”

McDouche, “Yes, Sir.”

Billicheat, “What I want to know is this. What’s Tebow like? How can we get in his head?”

McDouche, “Well, he’s really polite and thanks God for everything. ... He’s always telling the other players how he appreciates their efforts. He even thanks the Towel Guy for a towel. ... It’s weird. ... Oh yeah, he drinks milk, lots of milk. He’s always got the club house guys making sure there’s some milk cause nobody else drinks the stuff ......

Billicheat, “WAIT! Praise SATAN, I’ve got it.”

McDouche, “Got what, Sir?”

Billicheat, “Josh, do you know where you can buy some acid.”

“McDouche, “Acid, Sir?” Like the burny kind of stuff your wife was gonna get in the face if she didn’t sign the property settlement.....”

Billicheat, “Shut the **** up. Nobody’s supposed to know about that. How’d you find out.”

McDouche, “You had me deliver the message, Sir.”

Billicheat, “Oh, that’s right..... Wait a second, I had security kill you.”

McDouche, “No sir. But you did make them film me while I was filming all the Superbowl walk throughs. Remember you said ‘Josh, I show this film and you won’t get an NFL job scrubbing toilets.’”

Billicheat, “Oh, right.” Billicheat pauses, and puts a hand to his cheek, “Tiger Woods, doesn’t have what it takes to be a real winner...... Anyway, acid. Not the throw-it-in-the-face-of-in-the-money-grabbing-bitch kind, but the LDS kind.”

McDouche, “Oh I don’t think the Mormon’s trip, Sir.”

Billicheat, “What? What the **** are you talking about?”

McDouche, “Nothing Sir. My mistake.”

Billicheat, “It’s all right. Now go buy some acid and spike Tebow’s milk. The kid gets on TV and nobody understands what the hell he’s talking about and half of his passes look like they’re aimed at ghosts. The game will be MINE by the time Fox even suspects Timmy’s out of it more than usual.”

McDouche, “I’ll get right on it, Sir.”

Billicheat, “Get the **** outta here, Josh. It’s almost time for my Coven’s Black Mass.”

Stagger Lee
01-10-2012, 01:23 PM
LOL

Before I put your obnoxious ass on iggy, I'll give you a recent history lesson.

Your boys are 0-3 in their last 3 playoff games, all coming after a bye week, so that should say something about how well you deal with rest.

SB against the Giants, while gap tooth Strahan pummeled pretty boy all day long.

2 years ago against the Ravens, in which your boys were thoroughly butt- raped all day long.

Last year against the Jets.

Notice another common theme about all of these losses? You beat all 3 of these teams in the regular season. Coincidence?

Have fun Saturday night, tool.

Blart
01-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Phew, I was worried they'd hire someone with talent.

Jason in LA
01-10-2012, 01:31 PM
I don't think that the Pats will gain an advantage with McD. The Broncos are a pretty different team right now.

bendog
01-10-2012, 01:42 PM
I don't think that the Pats will gain an advantage with McD. The Broncos are a pretty different team right now.

Could be hard for bowlen, though.

Bowlen, “Joe, is that Josh McDouche down on the field?”

Ellis, “Yes, Mr. Bowlen. Very perceptive of you to notice that, if I may say so, Sir.”

“Joe, I thought I told you to fire him.”

“Oh you did, Sir. And, I fired him immediately after you told me to. . . . Within minutes, anyway. I mean I had to get Tuten before I walked over to his office. He’s small, but mean.”

“Well, Joe .... then why is McDouche on the field?”

“Oh, well you see Sir, first the Rams hired him, then fired him, and now the Patriots hired him.”

“Okay .... but why is he on the field?”

“Well, Sir, he’s now on Bill Billicheat’s coaching staff.”

“Joe, am I somehow being unclear with my question?”

“No, Sir, not at all, Sir.”

“Then answer my question, Joe. I feel I’m being overly patient, here.”

“Sir, we’re playing the New England Patriots in the second round of the playoffs .... In Foxboro, Sir.”

“Ahhhhhhh ..... sooooo .... I’m not paying McDouche to be here?”

“No Sir, not at all Sir.”

“Very good, Joe.”

WolfpackGuy
01-10-2012, 01:50 PM
So what?

All that turd did was shock and awe Bowlen/Ellis with a Powerpoint presentation and get fired twice in just over a year.

Advantage: Broncos

razorwire77
01-10-2012, 02:09 PM
Better not get to cocky Karma's a bittch

You know if Denver pulled the upset this guy would never, ever comeback to eat crow (unless of course he's an alias of a regular here.)

Agamemnon
01-10-2012, 02:13 PM
What would filming our practices reveal? Lots of running plays and long passes? Seriously I don't think there are any mysteries with our offense...

scorpio
01-10-2012, 02:14 PM
Doesn't concern me a bit. I just don't think anything he can do will impact the outcome of the game one way or the other.

TheReverend
01-10-2012, 02:24 PM
Doesn't concern me a bit. I just don't think anything he can do will impact the outcome of the game one way or the other.

Starscream > Optimus

scorpio
01-10-2012, 02:36 PM
Starscream > Optimus

Starscream went out like a b****.

Also, Demaryius Prime has a nice ring to it.

TheReverend
01-10-2012, 02:47 PM

Starscream smoked Optimus one on one.

Optimus was succeeded by ****ing Hot Rod lol.

TheReverend
01-10-2012, 02:48 PM

PS. Are you doing the 12 week 100k transformation challenge?

scorpio
01-10-2012, 02:53 PM
PS. Are you doing the 12 week 100k transformation challenge?

naw I haven't even logged into bb.com in weeks, did it start Jan 1?

TheReverend
01-10-2012, 02:58 PM
naw I haven't even logged into bb.com in weeks, did it start Jan 1?

I think it can start whenever, but the deadline's gotta be coming soon. Might as well not bother though, I'm going to win.