PDA

View Full Version : Rams to interview Broncos DC Allen

ColoradoBuff
01-10-2012, 10:50 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825dd673/article/rams-await-fishers-decision-will-interview-broncos-dc-allen?module=HP11_headline_stack

But Demoff held onto the possibility that Fisher might opt to coach the Miami Dolphins (http://www.nfl.com/teams/miamidolphins/profile?team=MIA), the other team vying for his services. In fact, the Rams will interview first-year Denver Broncos (http://www.nfl.com/teams/denverbroncos/profile?team=DEN) defensive coordinator Dennis Allen this week, a league source told NFL Network's Michael Lombardi.

bronco militia
01-10-2012, 10:54 AM
Kronke must have some connections at Dove Valley ;D

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2012, 10:56 AM
I wouldn't let him interview.

BroncoBen
01-10-2012, 10:57 AM
Go figure the Broncos talked about having some consistency with the coaching staff and with a little success teams come sniffing around at our coaches.

I wish the Broncos could keep their young coaches for 3-4 years at least.

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2012, 10:58 AM
Go figure the Broncos talked about having some consistency with the coaching staff and with a little success teams come sniffing around at our coaches.

I wish the Broncos could keep their young coaches for 3-4 years at least.

They can. They don't have to let them interview if I am not mistaken

bendog
01-10-2012, 10:58 AM
Kronke must have some connections at Dove Valley ;D

If things had gone badly here with the Tebowites, I could see the Duke in LA with the Rams.

bronco militia
01-10-2012, 10:59 AM

they don't have a choice if it's for a head coaching position

SonOfLe-loLang
01-10-2012, 11:00 AM

What's the diff?

jhns
01-10-2012, 11:01 AM

They do if it is for a promotion. Even if he wasn't going for head coach, they could interview him for something like assistant head coach of offense, or some lame title that is considered higher than coordinator.

bronco militia
01-10-2012, 11:04 AM

Teams are not allowed to stand in the way of a coaching promotion

OrangeSe7en
01-10-2012, 11:08 AM
Wow, Kroenke really did Denver some huge favors. Not only did he release McDaniels from his contract clearing the way for him to re-join the Patriots, but now he's raiding Denver's coaching staff. So glad he lives in Denver.

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Teams are not allowed to stand in the way of a coaching promotion

That sucks. Especially if I have a coach under contract; what's the point of the contrat then

SonOfLe-loLang
01-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Wow, Kroenke really did Denver some huge favors. Not only did he release McDaniels from his contract clearing the way for him to re-join the Patriots, but now he's raiding Denver's coaching staff. So glad he lives in Denver.

Id really like to hear an intelligent argument as to why the McD hiring gives them any sort of edge.

Its a diff offense (more or less), we don't audible, a diff defense with diff terminology, and he hasnt been there for a season and a quarter...what info do you think McD can bring that can't be found on tape?

SonOfLe-loLang
01-10-2012, 11:11 AM
That sucks. Especially if I have a coach under contract; what's the point of the contrat then

I still dont see why letting him interview is a big deal

bronco militia
01-10-2012, 11:12 AM

it's always been that way for NFL coaches....

razorwire77
01-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Id really like to hear an intelligent argument as to why the McD hiring gives them any sort of edge.

Its a diff offense (more or less), we don't audible, a diff defense with diff terminology, and he hasnt been there for a season and a quarter...what info do you think McD can bring that can't be found on tape?

There isn't one. This team will win or lose for a dozen reasons none of which have anything to do with that ass clown.

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2012, 11:15 AM
it's always been that way for NFL coaches....

I don't think that's correct. Non-competes are legally enforcable. Now the league can put whatever it wants it's in contracts on the subject, and teams could have non-competes if they wanted to and I believe they used to.

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2012, 11:19 AM
I still dont see why letting him interview is a big deal

I do, because we could lose a valuable coach.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-10-2012, 11:21 AM
I do, because we could lose a valuable coach.

oh i thought you meant that him interviewing would take his attention away from this week.

I still dont have a problem with it. Thats just the NFL

oubronco
01-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Tell them to wait till next week

OrangeSe7en
01-10-2012, 11:27 AM

A lot of it is on tape but with time constraints, NE may not be effectively using their time to go back through the archives to find flaws or weakness that Josh has the benefit of already knowing because he's already studied volumes of tape on Denver. People who were with NE hadn't seen the same volume of tape on Denver and would have also had to have some idea what to look for.

Kaylore
01-10-2012, 11:28 AM
It would be really nice to have a coordinator stay with the team for more than 1 season. It is the defense against the dark arts position at Hogwarts.

/end nerd rant.

Pendejo
01-10-2012, 11:30 AM

I understand why people have a problem with it. The whole think reeks of some sort of misconduct. Look at the history. It's the Patriots. They're insidious. As far as I'm concerned Belichick and McDaniels are very suspect characters...put them together and Dante needs to add another round to his hell. Pure evil.

Competitively I'm right with you. McDaniels has shown all he brings to the table is incompetence, and a whole new incredible way to tantrum.

bendog
01-10-2012, 11:31 AM
http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2009/11/25/1173920/rules-on-hiring-nfl-coaches

Den may however be able to control the timing of the interview, e.g. it's a bit late in the week to have Allen fly out for a day.

bendog
01-10-2012, 11:34 AM
I understand why people have a problem with it. The whole think reeks of some sort of misconduct. Look at the history. It's the Patriots. They're insidious. As far as I'm concerned Belichick and McDaniels are very suspect characters...put them together and Dante needs to add another round to his hell. Pure evil.

Competitively I'm right with you. McDaniels has shown all he brings to the table is incompetence, and a whole new incredible way to tantrum.

What's he gonna do? Tell Billicheat Timmy is weak on timing and underneath stuff, but pretty deadly throwing deep when he pulls the trigger? All "Josh" brings is a willingness ... eagerness to wash underneath billicheat's left nut.

TheReverend
01-10-2012, 11:34 AM
It would be really nice to have a coordinator stay with the team for more than 1 season. It is the defense against the dark arts position at Hogwarts.

/end nerd rant.

One of few nerd rants I don't get :/

TonyR
01-10-2012, 11:45 AM
Den may however be able to control the timing of the interview, e.g. it's a bit late in the week to have Allen fly out for a day.

Was going to say the same thing. And you'd like to think that Allen would tell them he'd be happy to interview next Monday or even when/if Denver is eliminated, but not before. Far too much work to be done this week to be preparing for, and going on, job interviews.

Shotgun Willie
01-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Tell them to wait till next week

Try next month.

bendog
01-10-2012, 11:53 AM
Was going to say the same thing. And you'd like to think that Allen would tell them he'd be happy to interview next Monday or even when/if Denver is eliminated, but not before. Far too much work to be done this week to be preparing for, and going on, job interviews.

Win or lose, he can go out on Sunday. He could fly direct from NE, interview Sunday morning, and have dinner with his family that night.

btw, sort of interesting that Fisher flew out of St.L COACH not first class, and speculation is that he likes the situation but doesn't want any part of beign involved with a move to LA. And, I've always thought that's the cheap ass billionaire fan hating move Stan is capable of.

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2012, 12:04 PM
One of few nerd rants I don't get :/

Long story short...the main protaganist in Harry Potter cursed the defense agains the dark arts position at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry when he was denied the position. Thus they had a new teacher every year.

Kaylore
01-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Long story short...the main protaganist in Harry Potter cursed the defense agains the dark arts position at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry when he was denied the position. Thus they had a new teacher every year.

You mean Antagonist. Harry Potter is the protagonist.

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2012, 12:43 PM

Yes.

Mountain Bronco
01-10-2012, 01:08 PM
I would hate to lose Allen, he has been a great DC for us and I only see him getting better and building a dominant defense here.

Hope he sticks around.

Drek
01-10-2012, 01:11 PM

Maybe from your view. Bet you pulled for Sarah Connor in The Terminator too, even though it was HIS DAMN MOVIE.

Natedog24
01-10-2012, 01:12 PM
We finally found a good DC so of course he is as good as gone ugh!~

bendog
01-10-2012, 01:24 PM
We finally found a good DC so of course he is as good as gone ugh!~

I don't think so. Allen's not their first choice, and while I really like the guy and the job he did with the Saints and Williamson, he really hasn't been a coordinator that long. Rahim Morris and McDouche sort of show why hiring the hottest young coordinator de jour is not always a good move. It's pretty telling imo how St Louis didn't let McDouche sniff at the job. He may not be a Mike Shanahan after his initial fail.

gyldenlove
01-10-2012, 01:28 PM

/end nerd rant.

The magic is that he will stay, I don't think the Rams want to wait hiring a head coach until after the AFC championship game - they will go with another option.

Allen has done some great things with this defense and he will give us one more year.

BroncoBen
01-10-2012, 01:36 PM

Yeah you would think Allen would do this... but I believe Tuesdays are the Broncos day off for the week, so he should be free.

You figure its kind of cool for a NFL team to talk to you about becoming their head coach, so if I was in his shoes I would do it.

Yes it sucks for the Broncos..

EmpireOrange
01-10-2012, 01:51 PM

This! He'll take over at HC in Denver in a couple years.

Hulamau
01-10-2012, 02:03 PM

OH my GAWD., Josh might tell Mentor Bill that Tim is a very hard worker, a Southpaw who has an enlongated wind up and is a real gamer and competitor extraordinaire .. And Demaryius is a tall, thick, very strong and lightening Fast MOFO that will abuse and eat your DB's alive..

Gawd Forbid!! We're doomed .. its so unfair!!

Hulamau
01-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Here's the story.. we don't turn the ball over and win the TO battle by +3, protect Tim in the pocket as in the last two weeks and have McGahee healthy and holding onto the rock the whole game and we really shock the world for real this week.

Oh, and would it be too much to ask to transform Goodie for one game into at least a modest facimilie of Champ in coverage .. at least this once?? That would greatly help slow down Brady enough to where they score maybe every third drive and give us a real chance.

We need to keep them from any scores for 7 to 8 drives by the Pats and counter with full on our best scoring game of the season and we win going away.

Vine
01-10-2012, 02:13 PM

Actually I think it's a blessing. McD ruins everything he touches. Signing him GREATLY increases Denver's chances of winning.

Popps
01-10-2012, 02:27 PM
Ruh roh.

LetsGoBroncos
01-10-2012, 03:07 PM
I predict the Rams hire him. I have a bad feeling that this fits the Kroenke profile very well...a guy under the radar, along with his ties to the Denver area. Not good

extralife
01-10-2012, 05:58 PM
well, we <i>do</i> have a streak to uphold. see you later, dennis.

LetsGoBroncos
01-12-2012, 07:45 AM
I wonder what the latest is on this. Fisher was supposed to announce yesterday if he was going to St. Louis or Miami. Praying he goes to St. Louis so we don't have the possibility of losing Allen

Kaylore
01-12-2012, 08:04 AM
I hope Allen realizes what a crappy franchise St Louis is and turns it down. Sometimes it's wiser to pass on these things. The Rams have been the worst franchise in the NFL for several years, regularly picking in the top 5 and usually blowing it. That's a recipe for failure. I'm sure after getting an understanding of how they want to operate that Fisher has cooled on them.

Allen's only been a coordinator ten months and could benefit from waiting a season or two.

Rohirrim
01-12-2012, 08:09 AM
I hope Allen realizes what a crappy franchise St Louis is and turns it down. Sometimes it's wiser to pass on these things. The Rams have been the worst franchise in the NFL for several years, regularly picking in the top 5 and usually blowing it. That's a recipe for failure. I'm sure after getting an understanding of how they want to operate that Fisher has cooled on them.

Allen's only been a coordinator ten months and could benefit from waiting a season or two.

Yeah. No kidding. The Rams have become the joke of the NFL.

ND Bronco Fan
01-12-2012, 09:21 AM
Allen leaves......whats spagnuolo up to?

Chris
01-12-2012, 09:27 AM
This! He'll take over at HC in Denver in a couple years.

I think this is what the team should be slyly suggesting to him..

edog24
01-12-2012, 09:35 AM
No! Hopefully he wants to stay on a winning organization and establish a big time defense, instead of working a gazillion hours and probably struggling to win 3-4 games.

MplsBronco
01-12-2012, 09:37 AM
F these guys like Allen. If he really thinks hes that good then he would be willing to put in the time to establish himself as a D coordinator and build something special in one place. Plenty of time for him to be a head coach. Why can't people ever be satisfied? Always looking for this immediate gratification.

Does he really think if he becomes head coach of the Rams he is going to be in that position for more than 2-3 years? Odds are he fails there and gets ****canned. Sick of this coaching carousel BS.

MplsBronco
01-12-2012, 09:39 AM
And as others have said, he should absolutely be telling the Rams he would be happy to interview after his season is done. Taking time off from preparing for the friggen Pats is ****ty in my book.

HILife
01-12-2012, 09:41 AM
F these guys like Allen. If he really thinks hes that good then he would be willing to put in the time to establish himself as a D coordinator and build something special in one place. Plenty of time for him to be a head coach. Why can't people ever be satisfied? Always looking for this immediate gratification.

Does he really think if he becomes head coach of the Rams he is going to be in that position for more than 2-3 years? Odds are he fails there and gets ****canned. Sick of this coaching carousel BS.

Damn those people for wanting bigger and better things.

LetsGoBroncos
01-12-2012, 09:45 AM
Allen leaves......whats spagnuolo up to?

I thought I saw yesterday he was going to Philly

Shotgun Willie
01-12-2012, 09:51 AM

Ummmm, are you saying that Broncos defensive coordinators have a longer shelf life? Good luck with that argument.

ND Bronco Fan
01-12-2012, 11:25 AM
I thought I saw yesterday he was going to Philly

Philly is the leader in the clubhouse but nothing official.....Falcons also want him.

Names that I would like........

Jack Del Rio
Mike Nolan
Spags

24champ
01-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Sometimes you just interview to get your name out there and network around the league.

I don't think Allen will be the coach for the Rams.

bowtown
01-12-2012, 11:39 AM

More drama from the Mane. Of course he should do the interview if it's extended to him. Any coach ever hoping to be a head coach one day should interview as often as possible, even if just for the experience. He isn't necessarily going to get the job and he isn't necessarily going to take it. You really need to settle down.

fwf
01-15-2012, 08:08 AM
Maybe this guy should have been concerned with the Patriots instead of the Rams. These guys get paid millions of dollars and i think its a slap in the face to the fan base to interview for other positions in the most important week of our season. Do your ****ing job.. u signed up for it so ****ing do it. He can say whatever he wants.. the game plan was already drawn up or whatever.. i dont care. His mind had of been on this interview.