PDA

View Full Version : Forbes: Bowlen is the 10th worst owner in the NFL

campocorto
01-10-2012, 12:42 AM
http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eimh45gjh/the-worst-10-pat-bowlen-denver-broncos/

Bottom 10

10. Bowlen DEN
9. Daniel Snyder WAS
8. Malcolm Glazer TB
7. Clark Hunt KC
6. Wayne Weaver JAC
5. Mike Brown CIN
4. Randy Lerner CLE
3. Ralph Wilson, Jr. BUF
2. Al Davis, OAK (they acknowledged he's dead)
1. William Clay Ford, Sr. DET

campocorto
01-10-2012, 12:46 AM
Top 10

10. Steve Bisciotti, BAL
9. Dan Rooney, PIT
8. Tom Benson, NO
7. Alex Spanos, SD (WTF?????)
6. Woody Johnson, NYJ
5. Jerry Jones, DAL
4. Public Stockholders, GB
3. Jim Irsay, IND
2. Robert Kraft, NE
1. Mara & Tisch Families, NYG

SoCalBronco
01-10-2012, 12:46 AM
They're being incredibly generous.

Agamemnon
01-10-2012, 12:47 AM
Two questions.

1) What is the basis of these rankings?

2) Where the **** is Jerry Jones?

BowlenBall
01-10-2012, 12:48 AM
Completely disagree -- as you can tell by my avatar, I'm very grateful for having Bowlen as an owner all these years, and hope he continues to be in place for many years.

SoCalBronco
01-10-2012, 12:49 AM
Completely disagree -- as you can tell by my avatar, I'm very grateful for having Bowlen as an owner all these years, and hope he continues to be in place for many years.

Your username is more apt for how some of us feel about him.

Ratboy
01-10-2012, 12:52 AM
Where do they come up with this stuff? Is it based on on-the-field success?

SoCalBronco
01-10-2012, 12:53 AM
To be fair, I'm an equal oppurtunity hater. HTF is Tom Benson in the Top 10? Or Jones? Or Irsay (what's he done, except luck into a franchise QB...twice)? Or Spanos?

And the York family (SF) should definitely be in midst of the bottom group, right alongside Pat, William Clay Ford and Mike Brown.

Taco John
01-10-2012, 12:55 AM
Wow. Al Davis is such a bad owner that even when he's DEAD they dig him up and rate him among the worst. I mean, they didn't even give him credit for all the the good non-decisions he's made since dying. They might even keep the same coach for another season.

Blueflame
01-10-2012, 01:02 AM
Wow. Al Davis is such a bad owner that even when he's DEAD they dig him up and rate him among the worst. I mean, they didn't even give him credit for all the the good non-decisions he's made since dying. They might even keep the same coach for another season.

And why is Wayne Weaver still listed? Didn't he just sell the Jags?

TDmvp
01-10-2012, 01:04 AM
And why is Wayne Weaver still listed? Didn't he just sell the Jags?

The story is from 11/02/2011 , Think it wasn't sold yet Blue.

Boomhauer
01-10-2012, 01:10 AM
Forbes takes a monetary perspective to his rankings that almost no fan would. If owners were rated by how well organized their organizations were, how well and how consistent the teams played, how loyal their fanbase was and its trend, the ratings would be quite different.

Starting with the worst, I'd rate the bottom dozen...
CIN, TB, JAX = These teams are a disorganized hot mess that can show talent at times, but only as a fluke.
SEA, AZ, CAR = Only rated better because the fans have lower expectations. These owners don't even appear to try and build winning franchises. Carolina, for example, had Fox coaching almost a decade and anyone hiring him has conceded mediocrity.
CLE, MIA, BUF, KC = These also seem unable to get their act together, but show effort and have loyal fans.
SF, OAK = Again, loyal fans and also show potential year in and out, but have a tendency to suddenly turn to poo when it matters and for years at a time.

And yes, I did just name two playoff teams including one that has a legit shot at winning the Superbowl.

Blueflame
01-10-2012, 01:22 AM
The story is from 11/02/2011 , Think it wasn't sold yet Blue.

That's what I get for not clicking the link. Oh, well.

The point still stands though... that enough changes (Al Davis' death, the sale of the Jags) have occurred to make the list pretty much irrelevant from the perspective of 2 short months later.

Boomhauer
01-10-2012, 01:56 AM
The point still stands though... that enough changes (Al Davis' death, the sale of the Jags) have occurred to make the list pretty much irrelevant from the perspective of 2 short months later.

Not really. As I just mentioned, it's Forbes and monetarily ranked. Specifically, it's return on investment and winning percentage (advertising dollars). Neither will change radically over a season, much less a couple months.

DBroncos4life
01-10-2012, 04:25 AM
Forbes takes a monetary perspective to his rankings that almost no fan would. If owners were rated by how well organized their organizations were, how well and how consistent the teams played, how loyal their fanbase was and its trend, the ratings would be quite different.

Starting with the worst, I'd rate the bottom dozen...
CIN, TB, JAX = These teams are a disorganized hot mess that can show talent at times, but only as a fluke.
SEA, AZ, CAR = Only rated better because the fans have lower expectations. These owners don't even appear to try and build winning franchises. Carolina, for example, had Fox coaching almost a decade and anyone hiring him has conceded mediocrity.
CLE, MIA, BUF, KC = These also seem unable to get their act together, but show effort and have loyal fans.
SF, OAK = Again, loyal fans and also show potential year in and out, but have a tendency to suddenly turn to poo when it matters and for years at a time.

And yes, I did just name two playoff teams including one that has a legit shot at winning the Superbowl.

Yeah you said that Thomas isn't a sub 4.3 guy and would be a 4th or 5th round draft pick by anyother team as well. Everyone knows you are a dumbass.

BowlenBall
01-10-2012, 04:35 AM
Your username is more apt for how some of us feel about him.

LOLNice one -- but I was thinking about a new username anyway, and you just pushed me over the edge. I'll have to come up with something Bowlen-centric, just for you.

UberBroncoMan
01-10-2012, 04:45 AM
I'm curious to see how far our value goes up due to Tebow after this season.

Boomhauer
01-10-2012, 05:40 AM
DB4Life - "Yeah you said that Thomas isn't a sub 4.3 guy and would be a 4th or 5th round draft pick by anyother team as well. Everyone knows you are a dumbass."

Re; - Only because he's a 4.5 guy, always has been, that had zero WR skills when drafted. I also said Britt Davis should have made the roster instead of him, only because he's a much better receiver.

But at least having Thomas and his LB speed, route running, ball carrying and DT hands lulls the secondary to sleep and lets him stroll around uncovered in the secondary. The only downside is defenses put 8-9 in the box to stifle the running game and the one drop/game that hits his numbers ends drives.

If "everyone knows (I'm) a dumbass" as you say -interesting that word cleared forum filters- then I suppose "everyone" doesn't know or understand football. Instead, just acts like jealous, bches trying to mend their broken Napolean complex through insults and dismissal to hide the truth from themselves that they're actually hopeless tards with limp pistols. :rofl:

Boomhauer
01-10-2012, 05:45 AM
So DB4L, now that you've been called as a poser with a crap hand, you gonna lay out your owner rankings for all to see, or pout, fold and scurry away from the table so football fans can continue without you?

Anytime you're ready bch, but you better bring something good now that you've been sighted in.

KevinJames
01-10-2012, 06:06 AM
DB4Life - "Yeah you said that Thomas isn't a sub 4.3 guy and would be a 4th or 5th round draft pick by anyother team as well. Everyone knows you are a dumbass."

Re; - Only because he's a 4.5 guy, always has been, that had zero WR skills when drafted. I also said Britt Davis should have made the roster instead of him, only because he's a much better receiver.

But at least having Thomas and his LB speed, route running, ball carrying and DT hands lulls the secondary to sleep and lets him stroll around uncovered in the secondary. The only downside is defenses put 8-9 in the box to stifle the running game and the one drop/game that hits his numbers ends drives.

If "everyone knows (I'm) a dumbass" as you say -interesting that word cleared forum filters- then I suppose "everyone" doesn't know or understand football. Instead, just acts like jealous, bches trying to mend their broken Napolean complex through insults and dismissal to hide the truth from themselves that they're actually hopeless tards with limp pistols. :rofl:

After seeing a lot of your posts yeah your an idiot.....if you think DT has 4.5 speed Hilarious!

Broncos_OTM
01-10-2012, 06:25 AM
So DB4L, now that you've been called as a poser with a crap hand, you gonna lay out your owner rankings for all to see, or pout, fold and scurry away from the table so football fans can continue without you?

Anytime you're ready bch, but you better bring something good now that you've been sighted in.

In all fairness. your roster evaluation was pretty atrocious. Some stuff i agree with somethings i just say HUH? Just like everyone else on this forum your a fan that doesn't know as much as you'd like.

Broncos_OTM
01-10-2012, 06:28 AM
After seeing a lot of your posts yeah your an idiot.....if you think DT has 4.5 speed Hilarious!
He did get caught on his long pass plays. he just over powered Ike Taylor on the final play ... the safety almost did catch him who was five yards back i'd say 4.4 4. 5 but then he did have a injury this year, definitely think he can get back to 4.3 though.

chrisp
01-10-2012, 06:29 AM

He covered about 40 yards after the catch on the game-winning TD. Didn't time him myself but he did it faster than the pittsburgh secondary :strong:

So I no longer really care what his 40-time was at the combine - does that make me a bad person? :egbgb:

Ray Finkle
01-10-2012, 06:34 AM
They're being incredibly generous.

I am so going to fly to LA after the Broncos win their next super bowl to watch you soft shoe around saying something good about Bowlen.

Boomhauer
01-10-2012, 06:45 AM
Just like everyone else on this forum your a fan that doesn't know as much as you'd like.

...definitely think (Thomas) can get back to 4.3 though.

1) Not everyone on this forum is a fan. Some don't even watch the Broncos or football.
2) In most ways I know a lot more than I wish, or is good for me, but I'll gladly concede I wish I could sit in on player/coach/FO meetings, attend every workout and practice, and follow the scouts on every trip. In absence of that, I'll just have to wait for intelligent or insightful comments here. Been 1 1/2 yrs and I can count them all on my toes, so please, prove me wrong.
3) What do you mean "back to 4.3"? Dude was a 4.6 player in college, timed 4.5s with scouts before his injury (but after an unverifiable 4.3 tape from his agent was circulated), and has never looked faster than Tony Scheffler.
-------------------------------------------------------------
K.James - "After seeing a lot of your posts yeah your an idiot.....if you think DT has 4.5 speed"

Re; - Nice, another poster as retarded as DB4L and the psycho-liberal faction in WRP. What goes for that clown, goes for you as well - assuming it's not two accounts - Put up, or STFU bch 'cause your juvenile cryin' and crapin' yourself doesn't phase me one bit, only gives me JV practice if I choose to f'q with you, yet always making things worse for everyone else.

DomCasual
01-10-2012, 06:57 AM
Any list without Mike Brown at the bottom is not legitimate.

Boomhauer
01-10-2012, 07:06 AM

Does that put him at the bottom of the Top10, or Bottom10 and which way is up? hmmm...

Kaylore
01-10-2012, 07:26 AM

Yeah I'm not sure what the criteria are. It is Forbes so it might be related to how much money the franchise made? I just question this list.

However if your single criterion is whether he traded Jay Cutler (and you believe that's bad) then like SoCal, you can rate Bowlen the worst owner in the league. (love you, Socal.) :)

Rohirrim
01-10-2012, 07:51 AM
Bill Bidwell isn't even in the top ten? Disregard list.

Bob's your Information Minister
01-10-2012, 08:15 AM
You guys are going to make a lot of money next year.

Right now Bowlen is smiling.

Kaylore
01-10-2012, 08:22 AM
Bill Bidwell isn't even in the top ten? Disregard list.

Since Bill has ceded direct control to his son, they have actually been a pretty good football team. They've had more postseason success in the last five years than we have.

Spider
01-10-2012, 08:53 AM
:rofl: anyone that thinks Pat is a bad owner , doesnt remember Ed Kaiser .the only thing he did right was getting Elway ......

MOCRUSH
01-10-2012, 09:12 AM
Forbes only looked at growth in franchise value and winning percentage over the last five years, gotta admit Bowlen has not had a good half decade. Sell a few billion more Tebow jerseys and win some playoff games should turn it around soon enough.

strafen
01-10-2012, 09:27 AM
I love Pat.
He could've sold the team if he wanted to.
I don't know why the guy gets a bad rap on baseless **** talking.
Pat Bowlen rules!!!

Thanks Pat for doing what it takes to keep the Broncos a winner even if we've had up and downs, you strive to keep us over the top!!!

DomCasual
01-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Does that put him at the bottom of the Top10, or Bottom10 and which way is up? hmmm...

Yes.

Lestat
01-10-2012, 12:48 PM
how in the hell is Rooney below Jones? and especially below Spanos. what kind of chit is that?

Taco John
01-10-2012, 01:18 PM

I'd like to think that I typed this at the exact same time that Jackson was getting canned.

Mountain Bronco
01-10-2012, 03:18 PM
F that BS. Bowlen is a great owner and I am glad he is the owner of the Broncos. Hopefully Elway heads the next ownership group!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!