PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow Gives Denver Broncos Legit Chance to Upset Ailing Steelers

Bronco Rob
01-02-2012, 05:11 AM
Tim Tebow Gives Denver Broncos Legit Chance to Upset Ailing Steelers

By Dan Renfro(Featured Columnist) on January 1, 2012

Tim Tebow Mania has reached the playoffs, and an upset could be brewing in Pittsburgh.

The Denver Broncos are a dangerous team.

They are riding a three game losing streak, and they have looked pretty terrible these past few weeks. Nevertheless, I think they have a legitimate chance of beating the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The Broncos defense is extremely tough. They are smart, and more importantly, they are one of the fastest units in football. Teams can't do much against them, and it will stay that way.

They don't feast off turnovers or do anything spectacular. Instead, they just prevent the opponents from going anywhere. Ben Roethlisberger is not at 100% and he probably won't be by next week.

With him struggling, I expect the Broncos to put serious pressure on him. Meanwhile, Rashard Mendenhall may have a torn ACL.

With one weapon dinged up and another one out, the Steelers offense will not play too well, allowing the Broncos to make some plays on the defensive side of the ball.

Assuming the defense plays well, the Broncos will be competitive. However, that is not nearly enough to win. They need something more than just good defense to win. They need something bigger than a simple player or strategy.

They need Tebow.

Tebow hasn't looked good for a few weeks now. However, this upcoming week will be where he turns it around.

He's clutch, he's a gamer and he understands the stage. If he performs in the playoffs, people might start to take him seriously as a quarterback.

It's a process for Tebow, but his talents will provide the Steelers with trouble.

If he is able to break loose and run around a little more than he has these past three weeks, then the Steelers will break down. Tebow can do more damage outside the pocket than in it, and he needs to capitalize on that.

If he does that, Tebow will be the difference in the game.

The Broncos are good enough to hang around, and be competitive.

Tebow is good enough to win them the game and pull off the upset.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1006336-tim-tebow-gives-denver-broncos-legit-chance-to-upset-ailing-steelers?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

BabyTO
01-02-2012, 05:16 AM
tebow doesn't call the plays. neither does he catch the ball. so unless mccoy that ****head actually uses the RB's, the TE's in the passing game and starts to open up the playbook a little, i dont think anything is going to change. tebow is not gonna beat the steelers with the option running, they have one of the toughest front 7 in football and they create turnovers. in order to win we have to open up the playbook, throw some screens (always works well with aggressive defenses) and so on. also the WR's (outside of DT) should show up and make some catches.

the article basically makes it sound like the only reason this offense struggled the past few weeks was because tebow was off. right. everything else is already in place. a great coordinator, elite receivers... the only thing that holds us back is tebow. Hilarious!

Broncbow
01-02-2012, 05:32 AM
With only 2 passing plays in the entire 1st quarter, and only 2 passing plays in the 4the quarter outside of the last minute, is it any wonder Tebow looked like crap yesterday?

Fox once again slammed the breaks on Tebow by allowing 3 times as many rushing plays as he did passing, outside of the last minute where Tebow had 7 straight passing plays. Fox once again waited till he abandoned the run to unleash Tebow.

There where 2 drives in the 4th quarter where Tebow did not even get to attempt a pass. This makes 4 games this season where Tebow was held under 100 yards passing.

3 times the rushing plays as passing outside of the last minute of the game? Are you kidding me, is it any wonder why we only scored 3 points?

All that time Fox spent owning the TOP with the rushing offense, did nothing more than rob Tebow of the precious time he needed to bring this team back from behind once he was unleashed. It sucks when you don't even have enough time to run for a yard, instead of being forced to throw a predictable sideline pass.

Fox is a hypocrite, guy allowed Orton to possess more passing plays in the first half of the first game than the passing attempts Tebow had in his entire last game. Fox absolutely refusing to allow Tebow to take the glory off the field is what is killing the Broncos.

Fox and Elway now have Tebow exactly where they want him, as a laughingstock.

Hell you can now throw the 1st quarter and you might as well throw in the 14minutes of the 4th of this game where Tebow only had 2 passing attempts to the 5 out of 6 quarters the past two games outside of the 4th quarters where Tebow averaged just two passing attempts per game. You can take the last minute of the third quarter if you have too, it still adds up to two passing attempts in a 15 minute stretch.

Two passing attempts on average in 7 quarters out of the last 12. Now that is how you sabotage a QB, nearly 2 games worth of quarters where Tebow is only averaging 2 passing attempts per quarter.

Fox and Elway need to get fired for rufusing to execute an offense that allows tebows body of work not to be handicapped by a lack of rythm and chemistry being established for this young passing corp.

These three games ought to have been used to unleash tebow to see what we see, rather than confine him to the straight jacket of a sabotaging scheme.

Fox and Elway need to be fired if this team is going to have a shot at the Super Bowl. We can't allow them to keep tebow in a straight Jacket until its too late... this is total BS and its time for this fan base and media to get up in arms about it.

Bronco_Beerslug
01-02-2012, 06:00 AM
Bronco Rob says "Tim Tebow Gives Denver Broncos Legit Chance to Upset Ailing Steelers Reply to Thread " in text this big

Define "legit chance"?

Fox and Elway now have Tebow exactly where they want him, as a laughingstock. You mean Tebow can play better than he is but Elway and Fox are secretly making those reads throws for him?

Bronco Rob
01-02-2012, 07:46 AM
tebow doesn't call the plays. neither does he catch the ball. so unless mccoy that ****head actually uses the RB's, the TE's in the passing game and starts to open up the playbook a little, i dont think anything is going to change. tebow is not gonna beat the steelers with the option running, they have one of the toughest front 7 in football and they create turnovers. in order to win we have to open up the playbook, throw some screens (always works well with aggressive defenses) and so on. also the WR's (outside of DT) should show up and make some catches.

the article basically makes it sound like the only reason this offense struggled the past few weeks was because tebow was off. right. everything else is already in place. a great coordinator, elite receivers... the only thing that holds us back is tebow. Hilarious!

:strong:

Spider
01-02-2012, 07:48 AM
In Pittsburgh ? were playing here

MacGruder
01-02-2012, 07:50 AM
All we need is to run another flea flicker...

Who says the Broncos coaches aren't offensive geniuses.. lol

Spider
01-02-2012, 07:52 AM
All we need is to run another flea flicker...

Who says the Broncos coaches aren't offensive geniuses.. lol

Hilarious! and a QB who needs to understand that throwing is kinda of important on a pass play .

barryr
01-02-2012, 07:53 AM
If the game plan once again is to run every 1st down, and most 2nd downs, and run deep pass routes on every 3rd down, then I would be surprised to see much done offensively by the Broncos. The Steelers have been known for their defense for years and I don't think that will quite confuse them much.

MacGruder
01-02-2012, 08:06 AM
Hilarious! and a QB who needs to understand that throwing is kinda of important on a pass play .

Actually no.. the coaches have shown they don't think offense is even important. It's just something they use to set up their defense..

Spider
01-02-2012, 08:08 AM
Actually no.. the coaches have shown they don't think offense is even important. It's just something they use to set up their defense..

oh I see , so it is useless for Teebs to throw to open receivers .......

MacGruder
01-02-2012, 08:11 AM
oh I see , so it is useless for Teebs to throw to open receivers .......

Open receivers? How can you get receivers open when you run the most predictable offense imaginable?

The offense is just used by Fox to rest the defense.. and sacrificed to give the defense good field position.

Spider
01-02-2012, 08:12 AM
Open receivers? How can you get receivers open when you run the most predictable offense imaginable?

The offense is just used by Fox to rest the defense.. and sacrificed to give the defense good field position.

Hilarious! try watching game every now and then

Bronco Rob
01-02-2012, 08:19 AM
If the game plan once again is to run every 1st down, and most 2nd downs, and run deep pass routes on every 3rd down, then I would be surprised to see much done offensively by the Broncos. The Steelers have been known for their defense for years and I don't think that will quite confuse them much.

true.

rbackfactory80
01-02-2012, 08:37 AM
We need defensive points to have a shot imo.

Bronco Rob
01-02-2012, 09:03 AM
We need defensive points to have a shot imo.

I thought orton might give us a pick six yesterday...

Garcia Bronco
01-02-2012, 09:13 AM
LOL

McDman
01-02-2012, 09:19 AM

Go back and watch the game, Decker had six yards on the guy and Tebow became his usual indecisive self and failed to throw the ball. But it's probably because of Fox, right?

TonyR
01-02-2012, 09:24 AM
With only 2 passing plays in the entire 1st quarter, and only 2 passing plays in the 4the quarter outside of the last minute, is it any wonder Tebow looked like crap yesterday?

The problem with your argument is that he looks most "like crap" on passing plays. And by crap I mean almost lost. He struggles with pocket awareness, struggles with reads, has a terrible throwing motion, and it's a crap shoot whether or not he can deliver the ball where it's supposed to go and when it's supposed to get there. Kid's great in the running game but he doesn't have NFL level passing ability. He just doesn't. And if you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you.

riiiiick
01-02-2012, 09:41 AM
Ok, the gameplan to stop tt is keep him in the pocket with a contain rush and it will remain so, until he/coaches beat it. How do we beat it? Screens, move the pocket, rollout, what? Timmy has shown he can beat just about every other D thrown his way. Beat this one and the skys the limit. Don't and his career is bleak!

theAPAOps5
01-02-2012, 09:47 AM
You just quoted a bleacher report blog. So essentially you just posted a story written by MacGruder, Broncbow, or MileHighMojoe (on myspace)

Bronco Rob
01-02-2012, 11:01 AM
You just quoted a bleacher report blog. So essentially you just posted a story written by MacGruder, Broncbow, or MileHighMojoe (on my space)

zowie!

theAPAOps5
01-02-2012, 11:03 AM
LOL

dsmoot
01-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Go back and watch the game, Decker had six yards on the guy and Tebow became his usual indecisive self and failed to throw the ball. But it's probably because of Fox, right?

I agree. Watch the game and see the other 15 routes where Decker was getting no separation at all. Its probably because of Tebow, right?

McDman
01-02-2012, 11:47 AM
I agree. Watch the game and see the other 15 routes where Decker was getting no separation at all. Its probably because of Tebow, right?

Do you have access to all 22 film? Do you somehow have a special channel that only follows Decker? It'd be really interesting to know how you watched every one of Decker's routes.

dsmoot
01-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Do you have access to all 22 film? Do you somehow have a special channel that only follows Decker? It'd be really interesting to know how you watched every one of Decker's routes.

I was being sarcastic. My point - it isn't just Tebow. Your comment needed some perspective. However, they replayed a significant number of pass plays at a wide angle looking into the secondary (about 10) where Tebow was getting sacked, threw the ball away, etc illustrating how the secondary was playing man to man while trying to contain Tebow. Simms used the replays a number of times to show what KC was doing. There wasn't much separation by anyone. I saw a few times where Tim didn't see the guy but all in all KC did a great job in coverage.

Bottom line - other than a specific replay where Decker came open twice without a throw. It didn't happen very often. I will give you that Tim needs work in his progressions and some confidence to throw the ball in some of those spots. This is fairly typical of a young QB that is being restrained with certain offensive calls along with marching orders to avoid turnovers. Not the most confidence producing environment.

Bronco Rob
01-02-2012, 02:16 PM
I was being sarcastic. My point - it isn't just Tebow. Your comment needed some perspective. However, they replayed a significant number of pass plays at a wide angle looking into the secondary (about 10) where Tebow was getting sacked, threw the ball away, etc illustrating how the secondary was playing man to man while trying to contain Tebow. Simms used the replays a number of times to show what KC was doing. There wasn't much separation by anyone. I saw a few times where Tim didn't see the guy but all in all KC did a great job in coverage.

Bottom line - other than a specific replay where Decker came open twice without a throw. It didn't happen very often. I will give you that Tim needs work in his progressions and some confidence to throw the ball in some of those spots. This is fairly typical of a young QB that is being restrained with certain offensive calls along with marching orders to avoid turnovers. Not the most confidence producing environment.

^5

Broncos4tw
01-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Fox and Elway need to be fired if this team is going to have a shot at the Super Bowl. We can't allow them to keep tebow in a straight Jacket until its too late... this is total BS and its time for this fan base and media to get up in arms about it.

Hilarious!

You make funny posts. They never fail to make me laugh.

Did you consider that they would let him pass more if he completed more than 30% of his passes? He was 6 of 22. Many were terribly off. Many time he failed to throw the ball when someone was open. His passing attempts yielded 2.7 yards a carry. McGahee was averaging 5.2 yards a carry. Why would you pass when your running game is more effective?

Yes, I know, queue the pathetic excuses. Not in a rhythm. ALL the receivers on the team suck. The coaches are purposely sabotaging him. On and on.. it's not Tebow, it's everything but Tebow.

You are a great Tebow fan. Maybe one of the best.. like, the stalker sort of fan. But you are terrible Denver Bronco fan.

gunns
01-02-2012, 03:43 PM
Hilarious! try watching game every now and then

He can't, he only has eyes for Tebow, eyes covered with rose colored glasses.

Tom A Hawk
01-02-2012, 04:35 PM
laughing at this post since Tebow couldn't beat the Chiefs D

Pick Six
01-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Tebow going against the number one defense in the NFL? Hilarious!

lolcopter
01-02-2012, 06:17 PM
****ing bleacher report is garbage. burn it with fire

too ****ty; dr

Play2win
01-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Ok, the gameplan to stop tt is keep him in the pocket with a contain rush and it will remain so, until he/coaches beat it. How do we beat it? Screens, move the pocket, rollout, what? Timmy has shown he can beat just about every other D thrown his way. Beat this one and the skys the limit. Don't and his career is bleak!

Easy, Quick Slant.

HAT
01-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Tebow going against the number one defense in the NFL? Hilarious!

will be an automatic win....

Bronx33
01-02-2012, 06:28 PM
nipples ( they are staring right at me) no matter here i walk in the room.

MacGruder
01-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Didn't people say the same thing when Tebow was facing the Bears and the Jets?

Plus Roethlisberger is hobbled.

People knock Tebow.. but he was at least able to stay healthy. This is why I find it comical when people complain that Tebow isn't a pretty passer.. good luck keeping your pretty passer healthy, especially without a great Oline.

Armchair Bronco
01-02-2012, 06:43 PM

If the damn defense would just score more points, then Fox wouldn't need the offense to score anything.

UberBroncoMan
01-02-2012, 06:51 PM
Our opening play is going to be a run up the middle leading to a 2nd and 9. Our next play will be a run up the middle leading to a 3rd and 7. We will then throw on the obvious passing down when they blitz. We punt.

Alternatively. Our opening play is going to be a run up the middle leading to a 2nd and 9. Our next play will be a run up the middle leading to a 3rd and 7. After this we run up the middle again for 4th and 7. We punt.

Lastly. Our opening play is going to be a run up the middle leading to a 2nd and 9. Our next play will be a run up the middle leading to a 3rd and 7. We will do an option play to pitch to Royal or let Tebow run it. There's been weeks of film on this play making it very obvious. DE gets on Tebow who pitches it to Royal who already has the LB tackling him for a loss. We punt.

I think most of the people on this forum could create an effective defensive gameplan to beat the Broncos. We're that ****ing predictable.

MacGruder
01-02-2012, 06:58 PM
If the damn defense would just score more points, then Fox wouldn't need the offense to score anything.

That is exactly what Fox is trying to do.. he is trying to score with his defense. Trying to put the opposing offense in a situation where they make a mistake. That is Fox's offense.

The problem is that the Broncos D is not good enough to do that. So it's a pipe dream. But it also makes him look good and protects his job.. like how Orton wouldn't ever risk mistakes because then the rest of the team would be blamed for the loss.

This si why it is crazy to blame Tebow for his INTs trying to win games in the end recently.. At least he is trying to win rather than just looking to pad stats.

Greatspirits
01-02-2012, 07:03 PM
Maybe like 5 Teboweeks ago.

riiiiick
01-02-2012, 07:06 PM
Easy, Quick Slant.

Why can't they figure this out? I would throw about 1000 of them in practice this week!!!

Archedamian
01-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Mendenhall out for the playoffs.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/sports-nfl/20120102/20120102172921823332808/

NFLBRONCO
01-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Mendenhall out for the playoffs.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/sports-nfl/20120102/20120102172921823332808/

I'm more worried about Pitt passing.

NFLBRONCO
01-02-2012, 09:50 PM
I wish Vons cast would come off before this game I feel a bit better about game.

McDman
01-02-2012, 09:59 PM
Didn't people say the same thing when Tebow was facing the Bears and the Jets?

Plus Roethlisberger is hobbled.

People knock Tebow.. but he was at least able to stay healthy. This is why I find it comical when people complain that Tebow isn't a pretty passer.. good luck keeping your pretty passer healthy, especially without a great Oline.

Again, the Bears secondary is terrible.

DenverBrit
01-02-2012, 10:12 PM

No kidding. Decker couldn't have been more wide open.
But TT does what he's always done as a player; he runs if his first option is covered, even when 2nd or 3rd option may be wide open.
He's looked confused the last few weeks...... since teams have figured him out and challenged him to beat them with his arm.

He has a lot of work to do in a short time this coming off-season. Hopefully he has the ability.

One thing's for sure, this will be a very interesting draft for the Broncos.

ghwk
01-02-2012, 10:46 PM
I wish Vons cast would come off before this game I feel a bit better about game.

Exactly what I was thinking.

MacGruder
01-02-2012, 10:56 PM
No kidding. Decker couldn't have been more wide open.
But TT does what he's always done as a player; he runs if his first option is covered, even when 2nd or 3rd option may be wide open.
He's looked confused the last few weeks...... since teams have figured him out and challenged him to beat them with his arm.

He has a lot of work to do in a short time this coming off-season. Hopefully he has the ability.

One thing's for sure, this will be a very interesting draft for the Broncos.

Great point. it's not like Tebow has any pressure on him.. and it's not like the Broncos brass didn't take away his best 2 receivers before he even got a chance to start...

And it's not like his line isn't a sieve.. otherwise Orton wouldn't have been such a success and won all those games..

MacGruder
01-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Again, the Bears secondary is terrible.

Then why were people saying Tebow would get killed by them?

They will likely have the same excuses if Tebow beats the Steelers.. "but BigBen was hurt"....