PDA

View Full Version : Will Decker ever show *any* emotion?

Armchair Bronco
01-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Will Decker ever show *any* emotion?

I don't think I've ever seen an WR show less emotion after getting pushed around, mauled, manhandled, or face masked. Corners regularly commit PI on Decker or carry out personal fouls with impunity.

They seem to know that no matter how eggregious their infraction, Decker will just walk away. This is the little known "Fox Effect". It happens when your Head Coach has no balls, and now it looks like Decker has the Fox infection.

barryr
01-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Ideally Decker is a 3rd WR and not a starter.

Pontius Pirate
01-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Yeah, he should show emotion like Tebow does. That way when he blows we can at least say, "Well, he's got passion. So there's that."

schaaf
01-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Yeah, he should show emotion like Tebow does. That way when he blows we can at least say, "Well, he's got passion. So there's that."

Dude, STFU

Armchair Bronco
01-01-2012, 07:24 PM

But if he just walks away from an obvious PI play, the refs must be thinking "Well, if he ain't complaining, then I guess I'm gonna let that kind of play slide."

SoCalBronco
01-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Needs work with the JUGS machine this summer. He's far from the next Ed. I wouldn't buy mustard or cereal from him, yet.

But compared to last year, he's made good progress on the whole.

Vine
01-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Decker sucks as a primary receiver plain and simple. Denver definitely needs to get WR help, as DeMarious Thomas is no better than average himself.

Pontius Pirate
01-01-2012, 07:31 PM
But if he just walks away from an obvious PI play, the refs must be thinking "Well, if he ain't complaining, then I guess I'm gonna let that kind of play slide."

Megatron is probably the best WR in the league and he's also about the most quiet, calm, deferential WR in the league. AJ is too (except for that incident with Finnegan).

I think emotion is a misleading characteristic re: your competency as a WR.

Citation: Terrell Owens

bowtown
01-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Will Decker ever show *any* emotion?

I don't think I've ever seen an WR show less emotion after getting pushed around, mauled, manhandled, or face masked. Corners regularly commit PI on Decker or carry out personal fouls with impunity.

They seem to know that no matter how eggregious their infraction, Decker will just walk away. This is the little known "Fox Effect". It happens when your Head Coach has no balls, and now it looks like Decker has the Fox infection.

You contribute some of the most pointless stupid threads on this forum.

Jetmeck
01-01-2012, 07:34 PM

and your about 19 and couldn't find your ass with both boths............

Jetmeck
01-01-2012, 07:36 PM

True, how many delayed flags have we all seen ?

Even TT argued for the blatant personal foul by Hali.

Armchair Bronco
01-01-2012, 07:37 PM
You contribute some of the most pointless stupid threads on this forum.

Feel free to add me to your IGNORE list.

God bless.

doonwise
01-01-2012, 07:38 PM
I like Decker's game. I don't need to see drama out of my wide receivers. What I do need to see are catches. He needs to work on consistency, not emotion.

Pontius Pirate
01-01-2012, 07:39 PM
and your about 19 and couldn't find your ass with both boths............

"couldn't find your ass with both boths...."

Okay friend. Okay.

Armchair Bronco
01-01-2012, 07:40 PM
I like Decker's game. I don't need to see drama out of my wide receivers. What I do need to see are catches. He needs to work on consistency, not emotion.

But why not get a little worked up if the corner just tried to rip your helmet off? The T.O. feigned anger was lame, but nuttin's wrong with a little legitimate emotion, especially when the refs are regularly turning a blind eye to PI or personal fouls.

Jay3
He showed the emotion of disappointment today when he stepped out of bounds without even trying to cross the first down marker.

I'm starting to lose it for him -- he's a screw up. And DT is athletic fast, but not explosive at close range to get open.

I'm having trouble imagining Kyle Orton getting anything at all done with this group in the passing game.

Then I think about the tight ends and Eddie Royal, and . . . . . .

Inkana7
ah, I knew this team was missing something

McDman
01-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Needs work with the JUGS machine this summer. He's far from the next Ed. I wouldn't buy mustard or cereal from him, yet.

Haha.

Ratboy
01-01-2012, 07:46 PM

Maybe Tebow should take tips from the machine?

Armchair Bronco
01-01-2012, 07:47 PM
Didn't Decker also have another 5 yard catch when we needed 7?

Jetmeck
01-01-2012, 07:50 PM
"couldn't find your ass with both boths...."

Okay friend. Okay.

Said the WATERBOY..............

SoCalBronco
01-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Maybe Tebow should take tips from the machine?

Tebow has a great deal of work to do as well....probably much more than Decker does.

Requiem
01-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Folks may as well get used to mediocre production from our receivers with Tebow at the helm. Maybe some splash games, but no consistency. Next year is a very, very important year for the development of Decker and Thomas. I would like Denver to add a solid veteran free agent into the mix to give these guys some insight.

Pontius Pirate
01-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Said the WATERBOY..............

http://www.jonco48.com/blog/high_five.jpg

edog24
01-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Decker is not very good. He looks like he is playing in college, he runs straight out of bounds after he catches it.

Pontius Pirate
01-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Decker is not very good. He looks like he is playing in college, he runs straight out of bounds after he catches it.

It's almost as if he was just drafted in 2010 or something.

Bob's your Information Minister
01-01-2012, 08:39 PM
Your emotional leader was getting the **** beaten out of him throughout the whole game. Not surprising that the rest of the team didn't show a lot of emotion.

Our defense is devastating to stone-age offenses like the one you guys "run."

gyldenlove
01-01-2012, 08:42 PM
He lacks the speed to get open 1 on 1 consistently and then hands to make difficult catches consistently, he is a good number 3 but he is not starter material right now.

lolcopter
01-01-2012, 10:07 PM
Tebow has a great deal of work to do as well....probably much more than Decker does.

A QB who can't throw and a WR who can't catch

Helluva football team we have here

lolcopter
01-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Your emotional leader was getting the **** beaten out of him throughout the whole game. Not surprising that the rest of the team didn't show a lot of emotion.

Our defense is devastating to stone-age offenses like the one you guys "run."

What time does your team play next week

broncocalijohn
01-01-2012, 10:33 PM

Is that the part where you don't use stats for Tebow?

Bigdawg26
01-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Is that the part where you don't use stats for Tebow?

Of course not! Don't be crazy!! It's the part where tebow shuts the other offense down!

ChrisToker
01-01-2012, 11:18 PM
why do ppl bag on Decker he could be a star if he could get chances to catch a ball in stride. Decker has to do ninja **** just to catch a ball. The kid can block, he was seen in a few pileups so the dip**** that said he has no balls is dumb