PDA

View Full Version : 4th and 7 Punt

Vine
01-01-2012, 05:23 PM
Horrible Fox decision.

If they go for a first down, this really gives them an extra chance to win the game. They need a touchdown. If they fail, they still can play defense for a 3 and out and concede a FG. So, after hypothetical FG. Denver still needs a Touchdown anyway.

By punting on 4th down, Denver really forfeited an extra chance to win the game.

So after the 3 and out and Chief punt, Denver had only 1 min left anyway and no timeouts.

Fox = Total Imbecile.

Turd_Ferguson
01-01-2012, 05:25 PM
Horrible Fox decision.

If they go for a first down, this really gives them an extra chance to win the game. They need a touchdown. If they fail, they still can play defense for a 3 and out and concede a FG. So, after hypothetical FG. Denver still needs a Touchdown anyway.

By punting on 4th down, Denver really forfeited an extra chance to win the game.

So after the 3 and out and Chief punt, Denver had only 1 min left anyway and no timeouts.

Fox = Total Imbecile.

Tebow took a sack that put them out of field goal range....

TEBOW = IMBECILE

This is a fun game lets keep playing.

Popps
01-01-2012, 05:25 PM
It was a calculated risk that actually worked out as planned.

However, at the time... I did feel like going for it was the right option.

Fox and Co. deserve a ton of credit for doing what they did with this team this year. That's the bottom line, regardless if we all agree with every call.

Vine
01-01-2012, 05:30 PM

Fox and Co. deserve a ton of credit for doing what they did with this team this year. That's the bottom line, regardless if we all agree with every call.

A calculated risk? It did work out perfectly, but all it did was give Denver the ball with about a minute left and no timeouts at about their own 20.

If Denver goes for the first down, this gives Denver an EXTRA CHANCE to win the game. Because if they fail getting a first down, they still can play defense for a 3 and out and a Chief FG does not stretch the game to a 2 possession game.

Spider
01-01-2012, 05:32 PM

dont even bother popps , when we win , it is Teebs greatness , when we lose , coaching sucks .....Just how it is with this guy

BowlenBall
01-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Just bad coaching by Fox/McCoy -- it made absolutely no sense to punt in that situation.

maven
01-01-2012, 05:34 PM
I thought the Broncos should've went for it. About a minute left, 80+ yards to go, no time outs, and have to get a TD. Not a good opportunity for Denver.

DBroncos4life
01-01-2012, 05:35 PM
It was the wrong call, he should have punted one first down. That way our d would have more time to make a play and score.

Spider
01-01-2012, 05:37 PM
It was the wrong call, he should have punted one first down. That way our d would have more time to make a play and score.

:~ohyah!: smart ass

spdirty
01-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Chicken**** pussy call. That's all.

Vine
01-01-2012, 05:41 PM
dont even bother popps , when we win , it is Teebs greatness , when we lose , coaching sucks .....Just how it is with this guy

Wrong asswipe. Tebow sucked today. He failed to notice wide open receivers and held on to the ball too long too often.

I am just god-damn tired of this offense. Fox and McCoy are criminals for devising an offense that totally impedes the development of Tebow as a productive NFL qb. Put those mother****ers in jail for violating their coaching contract- the part of their contract that is their moral duties to maximize the talents of all of your players.

DBroncos4life
01-01-2012, 05:44 PM
Wrong asswipe. Tebow sucked today. He failed to notice wide open receivers and held on to the ball too long too often.

I am just god-damn tired of this offense. Fox and McCoy are criminals for devising an offense that totally impedes the development of Tebow as a productive NFL qb. Put those mother****ers in jail for violating their coaching contract- the part of their contract that is their moral duties to maximize the talents of all of your players.

Oh I thought you wanted Broncos fans to respect eachother!Hilarious!

Spider
01-01-2012, 05:45 PM

Hilarious! not just today ****head , the last 4 weeks teebs has been hesitant , clueless , and relied on running ..... your just now waking up , How in the **** can you blame the playcallers when teebs is like that ?

Vine
01-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Hilarious! not just today ****head , the last 4 weeks teebs has been hesitant , clueless , and relied on running ..... your just now waking up , How in the **** can you blame the playcallers when teebs is like that ?

I just want to see Tebow fail in a conventional offense, then I will believe the Tebow skeptics.

GreatBronco16
01-01-2012, 05:53 PM

So you actually thought the coaching/playcalling was good today?

Drek
01-01-2012, 05:54 PM

Tebow did very well against the Patriots throwing the ball. He also did well against the Bears despite some very poor receiver play. He struggled against the Bills (the entire team played like **** though) and today.

He's got **** he needs to work out for sure, but throwing him into the fire this year has actually resulted in some significant signs of growth.

Spider
01-01-2012, 05:55 PM
So you actually thought the coaching/playcalling was good today?

it all went to shiat when teebs didnt throw on the flea flicker ......I think alot of people lost confidence in Teebs .....

vonqkilla
01-01-2012, 05:56 PM
3rd and 7 toss right was worse decision.

Spider
01-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Tebow did very well against the Patriots throwing the ball. He also did well against the Bears despite some very poor receiver play. He struggled against the Bills (the entire team played like **** though) and today.

He's got **** he needs to work out for sure, but throwing him into the fire this year has actually resulted in some significant signs of growth.

Teebs did ok against the pats , until he got overwhelmed , basically the 1 st quarter , Last good game teebs had was against the vikes .... No excuse for the non throw on the flea flicker .... Teebs shiat the bed there , didnt get it back for rest of the game today

Pontius Pirate
01-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Now, if Tim Tebow ran backwards for a 28 yd. loss, that would be pure moxie on Tebow's part. We'd be all, "Yeah, he just tied a record for longest sack ever - but did you see those gams? Dude runs like a gazelle. He's just so darn graceful and gentlemanly about how he gets sacked. Love that guy."

ScottXray
01-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Yeah , the decision to punt sucked.
Fox has relied on the Defense to win every game, and that Tebow will pull the magic Jesus fairy out of his butt somehow, late, every game.

I can't deny that TT is not a good part of the passing problem, but the
design of the offense that is being called every game is totally fubared.

Punting in that situation was a BS call, that didn't really change anything in the outcome...except that it put us 45 yards further away from the end zone.

same thing with the punt in the first half when we were (technically) in range for a Prater 55 yarder. The playing it safe attitude ended up costing us any chance at a win, in the end.

Broncbow
01-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Horrible Fox decision.

Fox = Total Imbecile.

Fox waited till he abandoned the run to unleash Tebow.

Bronx33
01-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Yeah , the decision to punt sucked.
Fox has relied on the Defense to win every game, and that Tebow will pull the magic Jesus fairy out of his butt somehow, late, every game.

I can't deny that TT is not a good part of the passing problem, but the
design of the offense that is being called every game is totally fubared.

Punting in that situation was a BS call, that didn't really change anything in the outcome...except that it put us 45 yards further away from the end zone.

same thing with the punt in the first half when we were (technically) in range for a Prater 55 yarder. The playing it safe attitude ended up costing us any chance at a win, in the end.

Points were hard enough to come by as it was having fox pass on any points was fatal.

GreatBronco16
01-01-2012, 06:06 PM
it all went to shiat when teebs didnt throw on the flea flicker ......I think alot of people lost confidence in Teebs .....

Well that was the wrong time to call that play cause up to that point, we only had about 4 runs for minimal gains. Plus, if I remember from the replay correctly, the receivers were all covered up.

I think I saw only 3 passing plays, where Tebow didn't throw the ball that we acually had open guys.

But........Tebow is looking worse and worse in the passing game. I just can't pinpoint on what happend with him. Is it him? The coaching of him? The WR just not getting separation soon enough so he takes offs?

There is more to it than Tebow just being terrible at passing. I mean Fox is over on the sideline congradulating Tebow after he tucks and runs for no gain like Fox is happy he is doing what he is told.

peacepipe
01-01-2012, 06:06 PM
I just want to see Tebow fail in a conventional offense, then I will believe the Tebow skeptics.

What!? he did fail in a conventional offense,how do you think they ended playing the style offense that they are playing now.

Hulamau
01-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Tebow definitely was gun shy and hesitant from his first three INT game last week.

Im officially bafk on the fence and leaning toward jumping off afer hte last few weeks performance.

Today was no excuse as we had a near perfect 'Tebow time' scenario set up for him the entire second half including outstanding defense the second half and the run game going too.

The failure is 90% on Tebow 10% on poor ass playcalling like not trying a FG from the 38 yard line in Denver which for Prater is still money zone and again not kicking a FG in the 4th quarter when we had the chance. Tebows fumble was very costly too. Kykle Orton didnt so much win this battle as Tebow choked it.

It seems Defenses have learned how to play Tebow and make his life difficult. Tebow gets the off-season to prove he can improve enough or its back to the drawing board on QB again.

For all the hoopla and excitement during those weeks it too for the NFL catch up and adapt to Tebow world, the only thing it might have really done is insure we don't get a much needed basket of great draft picks in April.

GreatBronco16
01-01-2012, 06:09 PM
3rd and 7 toss right was worse decision.

Yeah, that was like the 3rd time they ran that on a 3rd and 5+.

I wish I could hear McCoy on the sideline calling these plays.

"Tebow, strong toss right again this time. They won't expect it.""Oh yeah, if the RB is covered somehow, just tuck and run, they won't expect that either."

Vegas_Bronco
01-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Only bright spot today was the running game and even then we couldn't see the outside seam...it was there but Willis doesn't have the speed to get there. I loved his effort today.

vonqkilla
01-01-2012, 06:12 PM
3rd and 9 Tebow draw....

Wtf is going on.

Its surreal.

So bad...

When he does have guys open, he hesitates.

Bronx33
01-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Yeah, that was like the 3rd time they ran that on a 3rd and 5+.

I wish I could hear McCoy on the sideline calling these plays.

"Tebow, strong toss right again this time. They won't expect it.""Oh yeah, if the RB is covered somehow, just tuck and run, they won't expect that either."

That cracked me up.

GreatBronco16
01-01-2012, 06:17 PM
3rd and 9 Tebow draw....

Wtf is going on.

Its surreal.

So bad...

When he does have guys open, he hesitates.

I think the play it safe head coach Fox really hurts Tebow in his passing. I really do.

Vine
01-01-2012, 06:17 PM
What!? he did fail in a conventional offense,how do you think they ended playing the style offense that they are playing now.

He hasn't failed in any conventional offense of any Broncos game I have watched this year.

Armchair Bronco
01-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Horrible Fox decision.

Fox = Total Imbecile.

Yep. This was so dumb it's not even a head scratcher. It was a WTF moment. Fox is not only cluless but he has no balls.

go_broncos
01-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Last year..We have a coach that likes to gamble every play.Fox is exact opposite.

BroncoBeavis
01-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Last year..We have a coach that likes to gamble every play.Fox is exact opposite.

I knew after the non-FG at the end of the first half that Fox was playing not to Lose and that was exactly where we were headed.

2 attempts in the 1st quarter, and one was that god-awful fleaflicker. 8 for the half. I've never been more disappointed with a Tebow performance. But he'll never get better with gameplans like this.

He basically had as many attempts during the last drive as he did in the first half... only throwing when the other team knows what's coming.

And punting on 4th and 6 with 2:37 and 1 TO left... moronic. I don't think our coaching staff can do rudimentary math. Nobody's going to drive 80 yards with less than a minute left and no TO's. Unless there's a hail mary at the end. Even if Tebow made something happen that last play, there's still only time for one last heave after that.

Armchair Bronco
01-01-2012, 07:51 PM
I knew after the non-FG at the end of the first half that Fox was playing not to Lose and that was exactly where we were headed.

2 attempts in the 1st quarter, and one was that god-awful fleaflicker. 8 for the half. I've never been more disappointed with a Tebow performance. But he'll never get better with gameplans like this.

He basically had as many attempts during the last drive as he did in the first half... only throwing when the other team knows what's coming.

And punting on 4th and 6 with 2:37 and 1 TO left... moronic. I don't think our coaching staff can do rudimentary math. Nobody's going to drive 80 yards with less than a minute left and no TO's. Unless there's a hail mary at the end. Even if Tebow made something happen that last play, there's still only time for one last heave after that.

I can't wait to read the TMQ article on Tuesday. That punt on 4th down was one of the most pussified head coaching decisions I think I've ever seen. Combine that with the decision NOT to kick the FG at the end of the half, and you can start calling him John "Pu$$y" Fox.

TonyR
01-01-2012, 07:57 PM
I'm not sure why anyone is confident that we'd have converted a 4th & 7 in an obvious passing situation with a QB who didn't show any ability to throw the ball all day. The coaches played the odds and figured we'd have a better chance with the D getting the ball back in a better situation. We were pretty much f*cked no matter what. We don't have a QB who can make plays in the passing game unless the WR's are wide open.

Vine
01-01-2012, 08:11 PM
I'm not sure why anyone is confident that we'd have converted a 4th & 7 in an obvious passing situation with a QB who didn't show any ability to throw the ball all day. The coaches played the odds and figured we'd have a better chance with the D getting the ball back in a better situation. We were pretty much ****ed no matter what. We don't have a QB who can make plays in the passing game unless the WR's are wide open.

Not confident that the 4th and 7 would have been converted. But, by punting, you are sacrificing one of your final gasps at winning the game. Failing to convert on 4th down puts Denver in the same situation they ended up being in anyway, after the last Chief 3 and out and punt anyway.

So go for it!

BroncoBeavis
01-01-2012, 08:31 PM
I'm not sure why anyone is confident that we'd have converted a 4th & 7 in an obvious passing situation with a QB who didn't show any ability to throw the ball all day. The coaches played the odds and figured we'd have a better chance with the D getting the ball back in a better situation. We were pretty much ****ed no matter what. We don't have a QB who can make plays in the passing game unless the WR's are wide open.

The odds of converting 4th and 7 are much shorter than scoring on an 80 yard TD drive with less than a minute and no timeouts. It's virtually impossible.

And that's setting aside the fact that with less than a minute left and a whole field in front of you, the drive itself eventually becomes like a series of 4th down passes.

It's almost like we don't play to win, we play to make the game come down to the last minute.

Mogulseeker
01-01-2012, 08:42 PM

Hilarious!

DENVERDUI55
01-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Tebow is a horrible passer guys. Face it whether you like him or not Orton is a much better QB and he is marginal at best. You win in the NFL with your brains and arm which tebows arm is strong enough just way to inaccurate. Time to move on guys.

Vine
01-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Tebow is a horrible passer guys. Face it whether you like him or not Orton is a much better QB and he is marginal at best. You win in the NFL with your brains and arm which tebows arm is strong enough just way to inaccurate. Time to move on guys.

Only a loser would celebrate his favorite Bronco at his worst moment.

MplsBronco
01-01-2012, 09:06 PM

I agree in that Tebow is way to hesitant. He has to realize the 'open' in the NFL means the guy is actually somewhat covered.

I am one of the "Tebowners" on here and I am very frustrated with him hanging onto the ball. He is way too careful with it at this point.

Part of the learning curve is making mistakes, throwing picks. I would rather lose going down firing then just throwing it out of bounds.

With that said, I want to see the coaches do more to build Tebows confidence and start out a game with a pass heavy approach. Get him involved in the game early, maybe even a flow. We have NEVER seen them try to do this. At this point is definitely a combnation of both Tebow and the coaches/gameplans. What was it at one point, 35 runs and 12 passes? You have to be more balanced. Not necessarily 50/50 but definitely not 75/25. The coaches are failing him now in that they have not used this year to give him a chance to grow as a passer. Not implementing a competent passing attack is not going to develop your young QB.

At this point, the scramble is not even there because teams are crowding the line of scrimmage. There is no threat of the pass becuase number 1 the playcalling and number 2 Tebows regression from his development this season.

cabronco
01-01-2012, 09:08 PM
Horrible Fox decision.

Fox = Total Imbecile.

I agree and was thinking the same thing at the time. Blown opportunity when we really needed a drive for 6 er 7.

broncocalijohn
01-01-2012, 09:23 PM

No, we knew if we stop them, we get horrible field position and a ton of time already gone. There were some bad decisions more than just the 4th and 7. When we were inside the 40, it was 3r and 9 and we passed and failed. Fox optioned to punt. Why not go conservative and run the ball. If we pick up 4 yards, we either kick the FG or go for it on 4th and 5. The pass is going to fail more than not in our situations.

bowtown
01-01-2012, 09:28 PM
He hasn't failed in any conventional offense of any Broncos game I have watched this year.

You clearly missed the Detroit game.

Vine
01-01-2012, 09:41 PM
You clearly missed the Detroit game.

Ok one game.

Nice big ****ing sample size.

bowtown
01-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Ok one game.

Nice big ****ing sample size.

You get kind of touchy when you're called out on your bull****, huh?

houghtam
01-01-2012, 10:12 PM

This message is hidden because Vine is on your ignore list.

Just a reminder guys. It's there for a reason. And I happen to like Tebow.

Vine
01-01-2012, 10:16 PM

Because you are too stupid to realize it was Tebow's second start this season, but if you want to claim that Tebow cannot run a conventional offense based on one start from his 2nd start of the season, go ahead.

Popps
01-01-2012, 10:23 PM

Yeah, I forgot for a minute. Thanks.