PDA

View Full Version : If Broncos Make the Playoffs...

Rohirrim
01-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Who should start at QB?

Popps
01-01-2012, 04:14 PM
In before hilarity.

Rohirrim
01-01-2012, 04:15 PM
In before hilarity.

LOL

Dagmar
01-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Hey, dip****s, we are going to WIN the AFC West, something we have only done once in what, 13 years??

Cry some more.

Fedaykin
01-01-2012, 04:17 PM
Hey, dip****s, we are going to WIN the AFC West, something we have only done once in what, 13 years??

Cry some more.

A win by default is no victory.

Turd_Ferguson
01-01-2012, 04:18 PM
Hey, dip****s, San Diego is going to WIN the AFC West for us, something we have only done once in what, 13 years??

Cry some more.

Fixed it

Ratboy
01-01-2012, 04:19 PM
Quinn.

Tebow can lick my nuts.

**** him.

Rohirrim
01-01-2012, 04:19 PM

Cry some more.

Don't like the thread? Don't post. Douche. :wave:

Bronco_Beerslug
01-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Tebow or Quinn?

Can we draft someone else before the game?

Rohirrim
01-01-2012, 04:20 PM
We know the running game works. If we go with Tebow, we have no passing game. Quinn gives us a better chance.

hookemhess
01-01-2012, 04:21 PM
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U7fjDS0jKiE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U7fjDS0jKiE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

SoCalBronco
01-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Obviously Tebow.

He played an important role in our 8 wins, so he definitely should get the nod. It's not like Quinn could beat PIT anyway, so there's nothing to lose.

TheReverend
01-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Enjoy your AIDs

Turd_Ferguson
01-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Obviously Tebow.

He played an important role in our 8 wins, so he definitely should get the nod. It's not like Quinn could beat PIT anyway, so there's nothing to lose.

You could just as easily say its not like Tebow can beat PIT anyway, so there's nothing to lose playing Quinn.

NUB
01-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Willis McGahee.

Ratboy
01-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Obviously Tebow.

He was in the passenger seat while our defense kept us into games.

Teblow made a few lucky plays. Quit giving this guy a free pass while everyone else gets demolished.

Rohirrim
01-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Obviously Tebow.

Tebow's passing skills are going backwards.

Lycan
01-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Tebow is a big reason why our running game works.

Quinn can't pass or run, so I'm not sure how he helps us.

And considering Fox and McCoy only seem to call deep passes, watch some games of Quinn in Cleveland. He has no long-ball whatsoever.

We went from 1-4 to division title with Tebow, ride with him for the duration.

maven
01-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Tebow

bpc
01-01-2012, 04:28 PM
Hate agreeing with Ro on anything but Tebow is going backwards. TO his credit, his WR/TE's aren't very good. Worse though is that when they are open, Tebow is gun shy and won't throw the ball. When he does, they drop it 1/3 of the time.

We need to find our identity. Competition is a good thing and imperative in the NFL. I didn't want to spend a 1-3 round pick on QB but I don't think we have a choice. Tebow will not win meaningful games throwing like this. That being said, I don't know if a player will win or grow throwing the ball unless guys can get consistent separation and give him some windows to throw into. I saw guys open during the KC game, but I saw a lot of plays where there was NOBODY open and no where to go with the ball.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
01-01-2012, 04:29 PM

This.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-01-2012, 04:30 PM
Still should def. be tebow. He's earned the right to play in this game.

But if we come out with the run-run-pass game plan, dont bother showing up.

The only way we are gonna have a chance of winning is by surprising them...spread it out, go to work.

Ratboy
Hate agreeing with Ro on anything but Tebow is going backwards. TO his credit, his WR/TE's aren't very good. Worse though is that when they are open, Tebow is gun shy and won't throw the ball. When he does, they drop it 1/3 of the time.

We need to find our identity. Competition is a good thing and imperative in the NFL. I didn't want to spend a 1-3 round pick on QB but I don't think we have a choice. Tebow will not win meaningful games throwing like this.

They don't look good because he can't get the ball in a good place. Majority of his passes are horrid.

elsid13

Chad Henne might be available. Or better yet Caleb Hanie

SonOfLe-loLang
We know the running game works. If we go with Tebow, we have no passing game. Quinn gives us a better chance.

The running game works because of Tim. You have to give him that. We can't run options with Quinn.

Pontius Pirate
01-01-2012, 04:31 PM
Why no Jake Plummer option?

Bronx33
01-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Fox will play tebow just to teach us fans a lesson.

Rohirrim
01-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Maybe we could platoon Quinn in, kind of like a reverse wildcat. Bring Quinn to throw three step drop quick slants and then put Tebow back in for the run game. ;D

randomtask
01-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Are you suggesting that Quinn has a chance at being the quarterback of the future for the Broncos?

Or perhaps that switching your signal caller in the playoffs will help continuity for the offense?

Or perhaps that having Tebow play in the playoffs could only be detrimental to his development as a quarterback?

Or perhaps are you simply using the recent losing to share your opinion (once again) that Tebow is not starting material in the NFL, for various reasons?

Drek
01-01-2012, 04:33 PM

We need to find our identity. Competition is a good thing and imperative in the NFL. I didn't want to spend a 1-3 round pick on QB but I don't think we have a choice. Tebow will not win meaningful games throwing like this.

Quinn won't even be on the roster next year. We need to throw Tebow into the fire against an elite D in Pittsburgh and let him get the extra live snaps and suffer the growing pains. It is the only move that has a positive impact on 2012.

After the season is over we bring in two or three new QBs, Tebow is the starter heading into camp/pre-season and we see if he takes the steps forward was a passer necessary.

ScottXray
01-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Have to let Tebow start the Pittsburgh game. He is a big reason the run game works so well. But he definiely has to throw better ( read EARLIER in the patterns).

On the other hand why can't our receivers get some separation.

Game plan has to be different and not depend on first and second down Runs so much. For gods sake VARY things a bit and stopp with the QB draws on third down.

Frankly I was very disappointed in the offense today, but it wasn't all Tebow. You can go to the well TOO often and the plan today did.

KCs Secondary is better than ours, but at least after Bowe went out Our defense played well.

Gcver2ver3
01-01-2012, 04:37 PM
we win or lose with tebow...

obviously at this point, looks like we will lose...

i am really beyond over these late season collapses...

Ratboy
01-01-2012, 04:38 PM
Are you suggesting that Quinn has a chance at being the quarterback of the future for the Broncos?

He's suggesting Quinn gives us a better opportunity to balance out the offense with a passing game.

There are no future Quarterbacks on this team.

elsid13
01-01-2012, 04:40 PM
They will start Tebow, but after today and the last three weeks there is going to be competition for starting job next season and Tebow is behind the 8 ball with the front office at this point.

Rohirrim
01-01-2012, 04:42 PM
The whole league knows now that they can completely ignore about a third of the route tree with Tebow in there. Contain Tebow and it's game over.

snowspot66
01-01-2012, 04:42 PM
They will start Tebow, but after today and the last three weeks there is going to be competition for starting job next season and Tebow is behind the 8 ball with the front office at this point.

It's not like we have anybody else to choose from. Tebow get's another year regardless and I expect to see a lot of progress.

elsid13
01-01-2012, 04:44 PM
It's not like we have anybody else to choose from. Tebow get's another year regardless and I expect to see a lot of progress.

Right now they don't, but with Free Agency and Draft there will be competition. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they seek out a trade for young QB on another team.

Bronkota
01-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Obviously Tebow.

7 wins. Tebow does not get credit for all 8 allthough he did run some routes in the win against the Bengals.........

Rohirrim
01-01-2012, 04:46 PM
This has nothing to do with next year. Obviously, we're in deep ****. The FO has to bring in some QBs, probably through FA and the draft. I'm only talking about giving us a chance in the first playoff game. Wishful thinking, I know. IMO, Tebow gives us no chance at all, and Quinn might give us a snowball's chance. At least with Quinn, they'll have to change their defense.

snowspot66
01-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Right now they don't, but with Free Agency and Draft there will be competition. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they seek out a trade for young QB on another team.

Then they should be fired. We can bring in a QB in free agency but a mid or late round pick either with a trade or in the draft would be a complete waste of resources. Better to just stick with Weber.

R8R H8R
01-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Yes, it makes total sense to kick the QB to the curb that led the Broncos to the playoffs for the 1st time since Plummer was in Denver.

Because that is what classy teams do, especially when they have such a great talent such as Quinn sitting on the bench.

I understand why some of you ***-holes with a personal disdain for Tebow would even entertain the idea, but for those of you that don't, but actually think this is a good idea...honestly, I really don't know what to think.

Rohirrim
01-01-2012, 04:49 PM
Yes, it makes total sense to kick the QB to the curb that led the Broncos to the playoffs for the 1st time since Plummer was in Denver.

Because that is what classy teams do, especially when they have such a great talent such as Quinn sitting on the bench.

I understand why some of you ***-holes with a personal disdain for Tebow would even entertain the idea, but for those of you that don't, but actually think this is a good idea...honestly, I really don't know what to think.

Face the facts: Tebow is going backwards, and has been for weeks.

chrisp
01-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Its hard to watch a performance like the one we saw today and not have some doubts about Tebow. But, to be fair, there's no in-between with this guy. And don't forget that's the same secondary that also gave Aaron Rogers some serious trouble.

So I think that's there's no question we go with Tebow next week. Its a major upheaval to change QB and he did what was asked for when he was made the starter: he got us in the playoffs.

However although that's what I think we should do, and what we will do, I am really not sure about the longer term. i don't think we have a great chance of beating the Steelers, but you never know. If tebow can look even respectable againstg them he'll repair a lot of the damage to his reputation the last few weeks have done. But there are definitely serious questions to be answered. It does look like he's been worked out and that right now he doesn't have a plan b to get around it.

I don't envy the front office, but if I'm John Elway this is what I do. Spend another draft and offseason focusing on the defense to make it really solid, give Tebow a full offseason and another season as starter - if he doesn't look like an NFL QB by the end of the 2012 season then we go QB inthe 2013 draft - and at least we still have a solid defense and running game to make it easier for the new guy.

Bottom line is, I don't think offensive supporting cast is the issue. I really don't think our recievers are that bad. Tebow just had to get his head straight because he does have talent and his intangibles are off the charts, but he's being contained at the moment and his frustration is palpable.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
01-01-2012, 04:54 PM

Tebow might have put us in a position to make the playoffs, but he has choked under pressure and as the stakes have gotten higher.

Ro is right to ask the question "who gives us the best chance to make it out of the first round this year?"

Turd_Ferguson
01-01-2012, 04:58 PM
Start with Tebow and if it is a blow out or close at halftime, and Tebow is playing like garbage, then throw Quinn in a see was happens.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-01-2012, 04:59 PM

well two weeks. But he's been pretttty horrible these last two.

R8R H8R

Face the facts: He's the best(and only realistic) option we have right now, and his performance the last 2 weeks don't change the fact that if Tebow isn't named starter in game 6 this year, this team doesn't reach .500, and certainly doesn't come close to sniffing the playoffs.

Turd_Ferguson
Its hard to watch a performance like the one we saw today and not have some doubts about Tebow. But, to be fair, there's no in-between with this guy. And don't forget that's the same secondary that also gave Aaron Rogers some serious trouble.

Aaron Rogers didn't hesitate to throw the ball to open wide receivers, when he was given time.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-01-2012, 05:00 PM
Aaron Rogers didn't hesitate to throw the ball to open wide receivers, when he was given time.

Where were all these Wide open receivers i keep hearing about (flea flicker aside)?

elsid13
01-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Then they should be fired. We can bring in a QB in free agency but a mid or late round pick either with a trade or in the draft would be a complete waste of resources. Better to just stick with Weber.

If they bring in QB they believe is the answer as the starter, then how is that waste of resources??? Right now do you think Elway happy with what going on from the QB spot??? He know what it takes to win in the NFL and I don't think he seeing that from that from Tebow.

chrisp
01-01-2012, 05:05 PM

This is totally true, but its part of the development curve for every young QB in this league - once teams have film on them they start to work out a blueprint. Now the ball's in Tebow's court to work out a way of beating this.

Of course none of that means that he will find a way - and if he doesn't we need to go in another direction at QB. But we had to know that this phase was coming. Also, before this season started playoffs was a wild fantasy, now its a reality. You have to look at the bigger picture here.

Truth is, however, that Tebow stunk today, and that's a worry whatever way you look at it.

chrisp
01-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Tebow just failed to recognise that 'open' doesn't mean the same thing it meant in college....but whilst i agree with you a lot of the problem is between Tebow's ears, he was up against a seciondary that played very good coverage today, that's all.

R8R H8R
01-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Tebow might have put us in a position to make the playoffs, but he has choked under pressure and as the stakes have gotten higher.

Ro is right to ask the question "who gives us the best chance to make it out of the first round this year?"

No, it is an idiotic question and thought, and I think he knows it. I suspect it is a question that is asked solely to get a reaction and "rub it in" to Tebow supporters.

FWIIW, bad coaches like Wade Phillips do stupid things like bench the guy that took you to the playoffs(Flutie), and start a guy with that is a more conventional QB(Rob Johnson). Remember the "music city miracle"? How did that work out?

Give Fox some credit, he might be a lot of things, but he isn't an idiot.

Turd_Ferguson
01-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Where were all these Wide open receivers i keep hearing about (flea flicker aside)?

While watching the CBS broadcast several times they showed the routes the receivers ran, and douche bag simms would fumble around and say wellllll its pretty tight coverage but tebow didn't even give them a chance.

The receivers weren't wide open every time as on the flea flicker play, but they were in one on one coverage, and as phil simms (i hate him) put it, in the NFL single coverage is open.

snowspot66
01-01-2012, 05:13 PM
If they bring in QB they believe is the answer as the starter, then how is that waste of resources??? Right now do you think Elway happy with what going on from the QB spot??? He know what it takes to win in the NFL and I don't think he seeing that from that from Tebow.

Where is any team going to find a guy riding the pine or in the middle rounds who they think will be "the answer"? Teams that find QB's like that do it on accident. The rest end up like the Cardinals, Chiefs, and Raiders did this year. If we go out trying to replace Tebow like that we're just throwing our resources into the toilet.

We go with Tebow next year while trying to build a team because we have no shot in hell at the top two QB's in the draft.

theAPAOps5
01-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Easy answer, Tebow. They shifted the whole gameplan to Tebow. Can't switch in a week. Have to stick with him even though he has seriously regressed.

Bronkota
01-01-2012, 05:23 PM
FWIIW, bad coaches like Wade Phillips do stupid things like bench the guy that took you to the playoffs(Flutie), and start a guy with that is a more conventional QB(Rob Johnson). Remember the "music city miracle"? How did that work out?

I knew in 97 when Marty Schottenheimer benched Gannon for Elvis Grbac Denver would win that game. Poor Marty must still lose sleep over that bone head move........

elsid13
01-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Where is any team going to find a guy riding the pine or in the middle rounds who they think will be "the answer"? Teams that find QB's like that do it on accident. The rest end up like the Cardinals, Chiefs, and Raiders did this year. If we go out trying to replace Tebow like that we're just throwing our resources into the toilet.

We go with Tebow next year while trying to build a team because we have no shot in hell at the top two QB's in the draft.

Dalton wasn't one of the top QB selected last year and he leading his team into the playoffs. In fact TJ Yates as 5th rounder as also shown flashes of being able to start for playoff team. This good draft for QBs outside the top two (tannehill, Foles, Chandler Harnish) and there are number of young QBs out there might be had for 3rd or later - Skelton, McGee, Yates, Brian Hoyer.

Rohirrim
01-01-2012, 05:24 PM
No, it is an idiotic question and thought, and I think he knows it. I suspect it is a question that is asked solely to get a reaction and "rub it in" to Tebow supporters.

Your assumptions about my motives are wrong. Tebow is giving the Broncos no pass game at all, as we saw today, and it wasn't because the coaches weren't calling pass plays. They didn't call them because they knew they wouldn't work. And when they did call them, they didn't work. The league has caught up with Tebow and the only chance we have is if he can pass his way out of it. He can't.

All I want to do is win one playoff game. I question whether Tebow is the best QB to make that happen. Next year is a totally different issue. As far as "Tebow taking us to the playoffs," I think the defense had a lot to say about that as well. Just giving credit to Tebow is flat out wrong. I sure as hell don't see Quinn as the long term QB of the Broncos, but at least he can throw a timing route.

orinjkrush
01-01-2012, 05:34 PM
at this point, i'd like to see them run a two qb shotgun formation, tebow left, quinn right and mcghee deep. we have no FB now that larsen's hurt. run that a bunch of times and freak the league out.

barryr
01-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Yikes, the stupidity around he never ceases. So people want to start a QB in Quinn who has had no snaps this year against a Steeler defense no less. Talk about giving a guy no chance to succeed. Besides, Quinn can not hand the ball off better than Tebow nor throw the ball to covered receivers any better than Tebow.

Play2win
01-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Have to let Tebow start the Pittsburgh game. He is a big reason the run game works so well. But he definiely has to throw better ( read EARLIER in the patterns).

On the other hand why can't our receivers get some separation.

Game plan has to be different and not depend on first and second down Runs so much. For gods sake VARY things a bit and stopp with the QB draws on third down.

Frankly I was very disappointed in the offense today, but it wasn't all Tebow. You can go to the well TOO often and the plan today did.

KCs Secondary is better than ours, but at least after Bowe went out Our defense played well.

I beg to differ, I think it was all Tebow.

Play2win
01-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Just get in position to draft Matt Barkley in 2013. :)

R8R H8R
01-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Your assumptions about my motives are wrong.

Uh huh...

Tebow is giving the Broncos no pass game at all, as we saw today, and it wasn't because the coaches weren't calling pass plays. They didn't call them because they knew they wouldn't work. And when they did call them, they didn't work. The league has caught up with Tebow and the only chance we have is if he can pass his way out of it. He can't.

They called a pass play when they had to...when they were desperate; that is poor odds for most QB's. I admit Tebow still has problems running a conventional offense, but the game plan hasn't changed since game 6 of this year: play it close with conservative play calls and then ask Tebow to "save us" when there is no choice but to throw. That's a lot to ask of any QB, and you should know that.

All I want to do is win one playoff game. I question whether Tebow is the best QB to make that happen. Next year is a totally different issue.

Why? It's SB or bust for me; not that I believe Tebow will lead us there this year, but Quinn certainly won't. This would be the perfect game to try something different and show something we haven't shown all year. Let Tebow throw early and often...what the hell, we aren't expected to beat the steelers anyway, why not?

As far as "Tebow taking us to the playoffs," I think the defense had a lot to say about that as well. Just giving credit to Tebow is flat out wrong. I sure as hell don't see Quinn as the long term QB of the Broncos, but at least he can throw a timing route.

I said no such thing and you know it; I said he led us to the playoffs. That is fact. This is why I question your motives. But with that being said, answer this--where the hell was the stellar defense and ST's when Orton was QB, and the team was 1-4, with virtually no hope for the playoffs?

One more question-- what exactly did you see in the pre-season that gives you any reason to believe Quinn gives us a better chance to win next week? And add to that the reality that we have to change the offense back to what we were running with a better QB in Orton, and put our hopes in a QB that hasn't thrown a pass all season. Timing routes or not, we have a prayer with Tebow, and not a single one with Quinn.

gunns
01-01-2012, 07:22 PM

This was my thought. Either prospect makes me cringe.

Requiem
01-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Darrell ****ing Hackney.

prodigalson139
01-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Its interesting how the organization has historically (late shinny-until last year) given up on raw, talented young players to then see them go to other teams, grow, mature, and contribute in significant ways.

I love Tebow, not a Tebow-homer. He has alot of growth to accomplish. He is a great leader, intangibles, and hints that he could be special and then days like the last three weeks that make you go hum. Add to that all that surrounds him and the decision to stick with him and watch him mature is a difficult one.

Pretty disappointed in him (not tucking it and running, almost seems like he is forcing himself to stay in the pocket, because thats what NFL QB's do mumbo jumbo) andd the coaches the last few weeks. No creativity given that teams now have tape on what made the Offense somewhat effective in the span of 7-1.

Bronco_Beerslug
01-02-2012, 05:24 AM

Probably no genius either, maybe somewhere in between like a career .500 coach?

Honestly, I have no idea why we hired this guy.

epicSocialism4tw
01-02-2012, 05:33 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_h2Me8fvn0DQ/SMGyo2l0gwI/AAAAAAAAAsM/FsvTMxVwge8/S660/ThisThreadSucks.jpg