01-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Tebow looks like he has no confidence...discuss

broncs2bowl
01-01-2012, 03:39 PM
He is not very good

bombay
So? Nothing new.

Weren't you just on the bandwagon last week?

SonOfLe-loLang
i agree....he looks like the indecisive rookie tebow again.

vonqkilla
01-01-2012, 03:40 PM
I agree on confidence and sucks today, but I think he will be a good qb.

bombay
01-01-2012, 03:41 PM

Wow. Yesterday you loved him.

StugotsIII
01-01-2012, 03:43 PM
He cannot be the future QB…

If the coaching staff is afraid to let him throw…he cannot be the answer.

Pontius Pirate
01-01-2012, 03:44 PM
You guys, fear not because Agamemnon already provided us with a bullet-proof theorem on why Tebow is, in fact, a good QB:

#1) You can not measure Tim Tebow in stats. So, anytime he's like, say, 4/14 for 43 yds in the 4th quarter of a huge game, fear not. Anytime he throws like 4 INT's in a game, fear not. Why? Because all those "stats" are meaningless.

#2) You can't compare Tim Tebow to another QB unless that QB is on the same team as Tim Tebow. "Hey guys isn't it funny that Tim Tebow is actually a statistically worse QB than Alex Smith? Maybe the team's success, like the 49'ers, is all about the team's defense?" NO SIR, your argument is irrelevant because Alex Smith is, in fact, on a different team. You can only compare Tebow to Brady Quinn or some other hapless shmuck on the bench.

Breaker
01-01-2012, 03:45 PM
Tebow is crap, thanks

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
01-01-2012, 03:50 PM
He can't seem to get back in the saddle after that last loss.

Breaker
01-01-2012, 03:54 PM
LABF, you are right he seems like he is terrified of throwing the ball after last week. I honestly do not believe he should ever qb another game for us.

Pontius Pirate
01-01-2012, 03:56 PM
This thread, it makes me want to shed a tear. I'm just so darned proud of this OM community.

Turd_Ferguson
01-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Honestly with any decent QB they should have dominated this game.. Tebow has refused to throw the ball....

Breaker
01-01-2012, 03:59 PM
The good news is this game should convince Elway that Tebow is terrible and he will look to draft a qb for the future

vonqkilla
01-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Unreal how bad he is, dudes are open, hes playing like a 6 year old.

Aftermath
01-01-2012, 04:02 PM
This team doesnt deserve to be in the playoffs.

edog24
01-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Wow we suck again.

edog24
01-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Tebow has had a bad game, but saying any other Qb would dominate this game is asinine.

Turd_Ferguson
01-01-2012, 04:06 PM
Tebow has had a bad game, but saying any other Qb would dominate this game is asinine.

A bad game??? "A" would infer today was the only bad game.

bpc
01-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Tebow looks like he's lost his passing confidence. I think that is a very fair assessment. I want him to succeed but these are the facts.

fontaine
01-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Tebow is playing no differently than he's done for the majority of the season.

In the past the defense, Prater, and the O did enough in the 4th quarter to come from behind.

This is why jumping the gun and declaring Tebow the saviour, franchise QB etc etc and jumping on Elway for not doing so was idiotic and full of fail. Tebow is a work in progress and has done enough to deserve another look in 2012 but please let's stop with all the nonsense of Tebow vs Elway vs Fox vs Sanity.

He's got a lot of work to do in the offseason.

Spider
01-01-2012, 04:11 PM
not one of Teebs finer games was it

Spider
01-01-2012, 04:12 PM

no it isnt ....... guys were open all day long

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
01-01-2012, 04:12 PM
^

Work in progress is correct.

He's not ready for prime time.

Popps
01-01-2012, 04:13 PM
And the forum shift begins...

Crow
01-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Tebow should say a prayer for Hue Jackson and Chuck Bresnahan. They're sending his laughably awful ass into the playoffs.

Ratboy

He has sucked all year.

The only reason he looked decent was a few lucky plays and a defense that overachieved.

theAPAOps5
Tebow looks like he's lost his passing confidence. I think that is a very fair assessment. I want him to succeed but these are the facts.

This is spot on. He looked she'll shocked like he did against Detroit and last week. Lost all confidence.

Popps
no it isnt ....... guys were open all day long

I'm not so sure about that 2nd point. Tebow had real problems today, but I didn't see a lot of wide open receivers.

I just don't understand why we can't design more plays to get the ball out of his hands more quickly.

TonyR

In the past the defense, Prater, and the O did enough in the 4th quarter to come from behind.

This is why jumping the gun and declaring Tebow the saviour, franchise QB etc etc and jumping on Elway for not doing so was idiotic and full of fail. Tebow is a work in progress and has done enough to deserve another look in 2012 but please let's stop with all the nonsense of Tebow vs Elway vs Fox vs Sanity.

This exactly. He's sucked all year but we managed to win so people got very delusional and completely missed what was right in front of them. He's still a raw project and the odds of success are probably very low, unfortunately for all of us.

Pontius Pirate
01-01-2012, 04:15 PM
I am SHOCKED that a QB who can not throw is panning out to be a bad QB. How did this happen?

Ratboy
01-01-2012, 04:15 PM
I'm not so sure about that 2nd point. Tebow had real problems today, but I didn't see a lot of wide open receivers.

I just don't understand why we can't design more plays to get the ball out of his hands more quickly.

Because he has zero accuracy.

Garcia Bronco
01-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Lets see how he does after a full off-season. I think the anticipation will get better.

maher_tyler
01-01-2012, 04:17 PM

This coaching staff is pathetic!! Fox and McCoy is prolly the worst combination in the world for Tebow. Throw in the most obvious passing situations and don't throw consistently unless we're losing by 2+ scores or on the final drive like today. They call zero plays for him to get into any type of rhythm..you know like quick slants etc. Having said that...Tebow does need A LOT of work.

enjolras
3 points...all on a gift.

Garcia Bronco

I think they do. He's just hestitant.

Jay3
01-01-2012, 04:18 PM
Lets see how he does after a full off-season. I think the anticipation will get better.

That one aspect (admittedly a very important and central one) is killing him right now. The inability to fire early in the play changes the whole offense. It makes the coaches not call the right plays, it clogs the box, everything.

But I think the receivers are not the type to consistently get early separation. So it makes it harder for him to see it enough to learn.

Atwater His Ass
01-01-2012, 04:19 PM
You guys are so finicky. This team finished 8-8 after starting 1-4 with a not very talented roster. Oh by the way, will probably manage to win the division and make the playoffs in the process granting valuable playoff experience to a young team.

People want to sit and let their emotions get the better of them because we lost to a division rival at home that we should have beat. Big deal. This is an evaluation year all over the roster. Keep building this team, there's too many holes to mortgage the farm for a QB and let Tebow and the coaches have an off-season to prepare.

Spider
01-01-2012, 04:20 PM

yeah they was open ......I like teebs , but facts are facts , Simms covered for him on a few , but come on , 1 example the flea flicker , Decker was all alone

Pontius Pirate
01-01-2012, 04:22 PM
You guys are so finicky. This team finished 8-8 after starting 1-4 with a not very talented roster. Oh by the way, will probably manage to win the division and make the playoffs in the process granting valuable playoff experience to a young team.

People want to sit and let their emotions get the better of them because we lost to a division rival at home that we should have beat. Big deal. This is an evaluation year all over the roster. Keep building this team, there's too many holes to mortgage the farm for a QB and let Tebow and the coaches have an off-season to prepare.

My point exactly. Dudes on this forum just need to chill and embrace having a bad QB on your team.

maher_tyler
01-01-2012, 04:22 PM
This is spot on. He looked she'll shocked like he did against Detroit and last week. Lost all confidence.

Hard to have confidence when your coaches don't have any in you! The play calling is pathetic. They have failed with 2 QB's, how many chances do THEY get?

MagicHef
01-01-2012, 04:25 PM
I'm hoping he can develop into a good QB by the time this defense can be respectable without relying on a single player.

Que
You guys, fear not because Agamemnon already provided us with a bullet-proof theorem on why Tebow is, in fact, a good QB:

#1) You can not measure Tim Tebow in stats. So, anytime he's like, say, 4/14 for 43 yds in the 4th quarter of a huge game, fear not. Anytime he throws like 4 INT's in a game, fear not. Why? Because all those "stats" are meaningless.

#2) You can't compare Tim Tebow to another QB unless that QB is on the same team as Tim Tebow. "Hey guys isn't it funny that Tim Tebow is actually a statistically worse QB than Alex Smith? Maybe the team's success, like the 49'ers, is all about the team's defense?" NO SIR, your argument is irrelevant because Alex Smith is, in fact, on a different team. You can only compare Tebow to Brady Quinn or some other hapless shmuck on the bench.

Dude shut up. It stopped being funny two weeks ago

Spider
Hard to have confidence when your coaches don't have any in you! The play calling is pathetic. They have failed with 2 QB's, how many chances do THEY get?

come on ...... this was clearly on Teebs , the whole dayum thing fell apart on the flea flicker and Decker was wide open and Tebbs didnt pull the trigger ......

KO5K
This thread, it makes me want to shed a tear. I'm just so darned proud of this OM community.

Try to be more happy about it.

Que
Guy looks so lost out there. Can't make a decision to save his life.

vonqkilla
01-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Really bad play by tebow, worse playcalling by mccoy. Toss sweep on 3rd and 7 with 6 min to go at midfeild...

Were we trying to lose?

dsmoot
01-01-2012, 04:33 PM
The good news is this game should convince Elway that Tebow is terrible and he will look to draft a qb for the future

A QB will be drafted. It is a matter of when. There are still tremendous holes all over this team. We need to fill a number of positions with upgraded players. A reach at QB may not the best decision when other talent is needed in a lot of different places. We are not dealing from a position of strength. It may be best to ride Tebow one more year, draft well and then look at 2013 draft.

Pontius Pirate
01-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Dude shut up. It stopped being funny two weeks ago

Whose laughing? I'm sure not. It's a rock solid argument that you can't disprove. I'm sticking to it.

Orange Mane - bring you the logic since never.

oubronco
01-01-2012, 04:34 PM

ALOT of work to do this offseason

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
01-01-2012, 04:35 PM
Guy looks so lost out there. Can't make a decision to save his life.

Decisions?

Those are for his imaginary playmate. Ha!

Spider
01-01-2012, 04:35 PM
watching this game on a British stream , Never knew the Brits were so ruthless , Teebs is Ray lewis , he also throws like Ray Lewis ...

TonyR
01-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Hard to have confidence when your coaches don't have any in you! The play calling is pathetic.

There's a reason he didn't start the season, and there's a reason they run the type of offense they do. You just have to see what's right in front of you to understand this. It's not pleasant, but it's there. We all wanted him to succeed (or at least most of us did). We all wanted him to be the answer. But it doesn't look like it's going to work out that way.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-01-2012, 04:37 PM
This coaching staff is pathetic!! Fox and McCoy is prolly the worst combination in the world for Tebow. Throw in the most obvious passing situations and don't throw consistently unless we're losing by 2+ scores or on the final drive like today. They call zero plays for him to get into any type of rhythm..you know like quick slants etc. Having said that...Tebow does need A LOT of work.

They call slants, Tim just won't take his drop and get rid of the ball.

fontaine
01-01-2012, 04:39 PM
It's not the playcalling, WRs and so on.

This is a pattern with Tebow. Against good quality DBs he's very hesitant to throw the ball. Against crappy DBs where our WRs get great seperation Tebow looks good like any other QB.

Against decent CBs, not so much.

So let's stop blaming the WRs, playcalling and so on. Tebow just played poorly and failed to elevate his game in the 4th largely due to KC having nothing to lose and playing tight coverage all game long instead of going into prevent mode.

Like I've been saying since he took over as starter. He's going to develop and it's going to take time. One/two seasons isn't enough, it's going to be a while but there's enough there for him to come back and deserve a fair shot at the job in 2012.

Steve Prefontaine
01-01-2012, 04:40 PM
There is a lot of suck contributing to the inept offense right now. Tebow is a big part of it, but our WR were struggling to separate and the palycalling was embarassingly conservative. Denver was playing not to lose today and hoping Tebow could pull out a miracle in the end. He coluldnt. They lost.

oubronco
01-01-2012, 04:41 PM

This is a pattern with Tebow. Against good quality DBs he's very hesitant to throw the ball. Against crappy DBs where our WRs get great seperation Tebow looks good like any other QB.

So let's stop blaming the WRs, playcalling and so on. Tebow just played poorly and failed to elevate his game in the 4th largely due to KC having nothing to lose and playing tight coverage all game long instead of going into prevent mode.

Like I've been saying since he took over as starter. He's going to develop and it's going to take time. One/two seasons isn't enough, it's going to be a while but there's enough there for him to come back and deserve a fair shot at the job in 2012.

Man you just knocked it out of the park

KO5K
01-01-2012, 04:42 PM
It's tough to call out anyone/anything when we lose or else pricks just go on about excusing Tebow's performance.

But in regards to the playcalls, when was the last time we called a screen? A bootleg? Crossing routes 5 yards past the line of scrimmage? It doesn't happen and it doesn't make any sense...

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
01-01-2012, 04:46 PM

Spot on.

Turd_Ferguson
01-01-2012, 04:47 PM
It's tough to call out anyone/anything when we lose or else pricks just go on about excusing Tebow's performance.

But in regards to the playcalls, when was the last time we called a screen? A bootleg? Crossing routes 5 yards past the line of scrimmage? It doesn't happen and it doesn't make any sense...

How about the ****ing flea flicker that was wide ****ing open and Tebow didn't throw the ball? Was that too bland a play call?

oubronco
01-01-2012, 04:47 PM

Just because Tebow doesn't execute it doesn't mean they don't call it

KO5K
01-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Just because Tebow doesn't execute it doesn't mean they don't call it

It's pretty obvious when a screen is called.

We haven't called one in at least two games.

Why the **** would you not call a play that Tebow has has success with in the past?

Lolad
01-01-2012, 04:49 PM
almost every passing situation is a bomb, we have nothing in the middle, possibly because we are too worried about giving Tebow a clean pocket so TE's are forced to stay and pass block.

Tebow doesn't see the checkdowns when they are there.

In the end I think Fox, and Mccoy deserve just as much blame for the ineptness of the offense

theAPAOps5
01-01-2012, 04:49 PM

Hard to have confidence as a coach when the play calls that are throws are horrible.

See it works both ways, fancy that.

oubronco
01-01-2012, 04:51 PM
It's pretty obvious when a screen is called.

We haven't called one in at least two games.

Why the **** would you not call a play that Tebow has has success with in the past?

The coaches see what they see who knows why they don't do what they don't do

Archer81
01-01-2012, 04:51 PM
Offensive play calling was special today. No rythm, nothing short. This all or nothing mentality in the passing game is ****ing stupid.

But I am looking forward to a week of BS arguments over it being Tebow's fault.

:Broncos:

Pontius Pirate
01-01-2012, 04:52 PM
In all my Tebashing, I feel it's necessary to point out that KC made Aaron Rodgers look like Brady Quinn just the other week, so......yeah.....Tebow sucks but let's give credit to the Chefs for their defense.

theAPAOps5
01-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Look the WRs suck, the OC sucks, the QB sucks again. There is a lot of suck. Even Miller sucks with his injury.

A lot of suck going into the playoffs.

Drek
01-01-2012, 04:59 PM
The entire group (McCoy, Tebow, all the receivers) need time together before you make any blanket statement. No one was ready for this transition mid-season. Not McCoy who has been drawing up plays on cocktail napkins as a result. Not Tebow who still hasn't gotten a real NFL off-season to work and develop. Not Thomas, Decker, Royal, etc. who caught almost zero passes from Tebow until the switch was made mid-season.

Objectivity and patience should rule the day when talking about our passing game. All of the components need to improve but all of them have shown some potential. We will lose some pieces (such as Royal) and can surely add additional talent to help. But a second year is imperative before we decide who's truly to blame.

oubronco
01-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Offensive play calling was special today. No rythm, nothing short. This all or nothing mentality in the passing game is ****ing stupid.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck

Broncos4tw
01-01-2012, 05:04 PM
He was more of a threat when teams were worried he'd run for 20 yards. Now that teams are taking his rushing seriously, and containing and watching him, he is being forced to throw the ball. He is no longer the threat he was. Not that he was a super scoring threat to begin with, if you really think that scoring 13, 16, 17, 17.. etc.. is somehow potent and threatening.

Our offense was borderline anemic. with some miracle finishes, while the real reason our team was winning, our defense, was getting next to no credit at all.

Archer81
01-01-2012, 05:05 PM
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck

Its an Orton?

elsid13
01-01-2012, 05:09 PM
I do believe that the only routes that Tebow is comfortable throwing are Flys and Comebacks, because those are the pattern he seems to go with, even when there are players running square ins and drag routes in the middle of the field.

LongDongJohnson
01-01-2012, 05:12 PM
Been saying this for how long? Glad to see the delusional fans finally seeing the light. Tebow is not an nfl qb. Never will be.

vonqkilla
01-01-2012, 05:19 PM
No bubble screens, no rb screens, and our qb has tunnel vision.

We got lucky Bowe went out, kept it close.

But there is no fing excuse for calling a toss sweep on 3rd and 7 down 4 w/ 6 mins.

If you dont trust him, get him the fk outta there.

oubronco
01-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Its an Orton?

:~ohyah!: Yep

barryr
01-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Yes, let's hope the Broncos get a different QB, one that can hand the ball off better than Tebow and make great throws to receivers who don't have separation and when the defense pretty much always knows when the pass is coming. The offense would be clicking for sure, just like the high octane offenses Fox had in Carolina.

Broncos4tw
01-01-2012, 05:27 PM

But there is no fing excuse for calling a toss sweep on 3rd and 7 down 4 w/ 6 mins.

He still sells tickets. Quinn will not sell tickets. Nor win any more than Tebow is. Tebow is very limited, but we are working with a hand dealt to us by Mcdaniels, there is not much we can do but roll with it. Personally, I think the coaching staff has done an outstanding job getting us into the playoffs with what we have. Massive improvements on defense and special teams (why people berate our coaches and ignore this, baffles me), and for many weeks, using Tebow to the best of his ability to win some games.

Mark my words - if we have a chance to get any of the top 3 qbs in the draft, Elway will jump at the chance. And it won't be a bad move by the team.

LongDongJohnson
01-01-2012, 05:29 PM

How are you going to call short passes when teams play non stop press coverage on us. Keep tebow contained and play press coverage broncos are done.

Archer81
01-01-2012, 05:33 PM
How are you going to call short passes when teams play non stop press coverage on us. Keep tebow contained and play press coverage broncos are done.

Wait...

Is that a criticism of the wr's in there?

southernturf
01-01-2012, 05:48 PM
I am usually just a rover on this site and just read but I thought I might ask a question...
How do you expect an offense to click when you do not use it? I don't know if I could make a catch when I don't get thrown to until 4 min left in the game. And how do you expect to win a game by throwing 15-30 passes the last 4 min of EVERY game?

I will admit I am a transplant fan. I am a HUGE gator fan, so you know the rest of the story. I obviously am a fan of tebow and after seeing what I have seen from him in the past, I agree that he his not playing well right now. However, I think everybody forgets what kind of team denver has. I think the play call sucks and I think this plays huge into the psyche of the whole Offense. Tebow is scared when he does throw, Mcgahee is going to retire in 3 seasons bc he will be so beat up and eventually the D is going to give up. I just do not understand what some of you think a QB or a whole offense can do when the staff only lets you throw in the fourth quarter. Tonight he had I think 16 att going into the fourth. What confidence does that breed. I would love to see a stat on how many pass att there have been for less the 10 yards. How hard is it to game plan for any qb or offense when they are going to run most of the game and throw deep 10 times. I also agree with the person that said Fox has always been a .500 coach, what do we expect. Conclusion: Tebow is no Brady, Rogers, or Breese BUT, this team is not the pats, pack, or saints either. Just my .2
Don't be too harsh...lol

Jetmeck
01-01-2012, 05:52 PM
A bad game??? "A" would infer today was the only bad game.

Alright thats stupid............many more good games than bad games or else we wouldn't have ever smelled the playoffs ?

Jetmeck
01-01-2012, 05:54 PM
I am usually just a rover on this site and just read but I thought I might ask a question...
How do you expect an offense to click when you do not use it? I don't know if I could make a catch when I don't get thrown to until 4 min left in the game. And how do you expect to win a game by throwing 15-30 passes the last 4 min of EVERY game?

I will admit I am a transplant fan. I am a HUGE gator fan, so you know the rest of the story. I obviously am a fan of tebow and after seeing what I have seen from him in the past, I agree that he his not playing well right now. However, I think everybody forgets what kind of team denver has. I think the play call sucks and I think this plays huge into the psyche of the whole Offense. Tebow is scared when he does throw, Mcgahee is going to retire in 3 seasons bc he will be so beat up and eventually the D is going to give up. I just do not understand what some of you think a QB or a whole offense can do when the staff only lets you throw in the fourth quarter. Tonight he had I think 16 att going into the fourth. What confidence does that breed. I would love to see a stat on how many pass att there have been for less the 10 yards. How hard is it to game plan for any qb or offense when they are going to run most of the game and throw deep 10 times. I also agree with the person that said Fox has always been a .500 coach, what do we expect. Conclusion: Tebow is no Brady, Rogers, or Breese BUT, this team is not the pats, pack, or saints either. Just my .2
Don't be too harsh...lol

Some good points..................

LongDongJohnson
01-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Wait...

Is that a criticism of the wr's in there?

People are wondering why we never call short passes. Its hard to when teams just jam us and dare tebow to throw.

Rohirrim
01-01-2012, 06:06 PM
I think Tebow has great intangibles, but he's going to have to up his passing game to be able to exploit his other skills. Right now, he's trapped in his own limitations. This ain't Gator ball. The NFL is the best in the world. They find out what your limitations are. It's only a matter of time. Tebow has hit his wall. Now he has to get beyond it. Hopefully, during the offseason and next season he can step it up. The Broncos need to bring in a solid vet to back up. I would also suggest bringing in a kick ass TE to support Tebow. Giving the defense some more punch would also help. By the end of next season, the Broncos will know what they have in Tebow, one way or the other.

barryr
01-01-2012, 06:06 PM
People are wondering why we never call short passes. Its hard to when teams just jam us and dare tebow to throw.

And WR's apparently not able to get open quickly.

vonqkilla
01-01-2012, 06:08 PM

You can't beat press you dont deserve to be there.

Bubbles vs press work to Wr set off the line.

BroncoInferno
01-01-2012, 06:11 PM
They call slants, Tim just won't take his drop and get rid of the ball.

Yep. In order to hit those plays, you have to be decisive and make a quick read. He is slow in his read right now, so that's why we aren't seeing those plays. Can he improve on that? Maybe. He's going to have to if he's going to be the long term starter.

Armchair Bronco
01-01-2012, 06:13 PM

The fact that he has no confidence doesn't mean he sucks. It could also mean that his coaches have systematically destroyed whatever intrinsic confidence he brought to the table.

Think about parents that verbally abuse their kids year after year. Eventually, these kids will be messed up with zero self confidence.

Instead of building on the successes of the past, Fox & McCoy came up with game plans that chained Tebow to the pocket and destroyed his ability to throw with any confidence. What we saw today was the result of that implosion.

lod01
01-01-2012, 06:14 PM

He's sucked from day one and is getting worse. Hilarious!

Play2win
01-01-2012, 06:20 PM
They need to bring in a solid vet or draft a QB and Bench Tebow.

Piss poor product.

TonyR
01-01-2012, 06:31 PM
The fact that he has no confidence doesn't mean he sucks. It could also mean that his coaches have systematically destroyed whatever intrinsic confidence brought to the table and have done nothing to build on it.

Think about parents that verbally abuse their kids year after year. Eventually, these kids will be messed up with zero self confidence.

Instead of building on the successes of the past, Fox & McCoy came up with game plans that chained Tebow to the pocket and destroyed his ability to throw with any confidence. What we saw today was the result of that implosion.

Please. Tebow has been under scrutiny and pressure since he was in high school. He didn't all of a sudden get soft and lose his confidence. And he seemed fine until 3 weeks ago. You need to come up with a better theory.

Armchair Bronco
01-01-2012, 06:36 PM
Please. Tebow has been under scrutiny and pressure since he was in high school. He didn't all of a sudden get soft and lose his confidence. And he seemed fine until 3 weeks ago. You need to come up with a better theory.

My theory is that Fox probably tells Tebow 17 thousand times: "Don't throw interceptions! Don't turn the ball over. Don't do this. Don't do that. DON'T! DON'T! DON'T!"

Tebow is just trying to do what the coaches tell him to do...or rather DON'T.

So he second guesses everything. He's over-analyzing everything instead of just playing with reckless abandon...which was working up until the NE game.

Sure, Tebow is the one out there not executing. But he doesn't draw up the game plans or come up with the list of Do's & Dont's that Fox harps on all week long in practice.

Spider
01-01-2012, 06:38 PM
My theory is that Fox probably tells Tebow 17 thousand times: "Don't throw interceptions! Don't turn the ball over. Don't do this. Don't do that. DON'T! DON'T! DON'T!"

Tebow is just trying to do what the coaches tell him to do...or rather DON'T.

So he second guesses everything. He's over-analyzing everything instead of just playing with reckless abandon...which was working up until the NE game.

Sure, Tebow is the one out there not executing. But he doesn't draw up the game plans or come up with the list of Do's & Dont's that Fox harps on all week long in practice.
everyones fault but teebs

Lolad
01-01-2012, 06:40 PM

its obvious he has lost confidence, throws he would normally try he's not even attempting anymore. We lost the TO battle the past few weeks and im sure he is now not trying to make fewer mistakes. Before he was reserved trying not throw picks now he's gone beyond that.

peacepipe
01-01-2012, 06:40 PM
I think Tebow has great intangibles, but he's going to have to up his passing game to be able to exploit his other skills. Right now, he's trapped in his own limitations. This ain't Gator ball. The NFL is the best in the world. They find out what your limitations are. It's only a matter of time. Tebow has hit his wall. Now he has to get beyond it. Hopefully, during the offseason and next season he can step it up. The Broncos need to bring in a solid vet to back up. I would also suggest bringing in a kick ass TE to support Tebow. Giving the defense some more punch would also help. By the end of next season, the Broncos will know what they have in Tebow, one way or the other.

You bring in a back up when you know you got your starter of the future.
Tebow will likely have to compete with whoever they bring in.
Another thing to consider is what kick ass TE is going to want to play on a team with a limited QB like Tebow? maybe we draft one but outside of that or overpaying you won't see any top WRs or TEs come via FA.

Armchair Bronco
01-01-2012, 06:42 PM
everyones fault but teebs

Not at all. But there's plenty of blame to go around. Tebow isn't the only one who stunk up the joint today.

So did Fox and McCoy.

...and that idiot #28 whose name I refuse to mention...

Jetmeck
01-01-2012, 06:42 PM
He's sucked from day one and is getting worse. Hilarious!

Sometimes I really hate free speech. Stupid ****s should not be allowed on the interwebz.

Play2win
01-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Tebow sucks. They need to bench Tebow until he no longer sucks.

Spider
Not at all. But there's plenty of blame to go around. Tebow isn't the only one who stunk up the joint today.

So did Fox and McCoy.

...and that idiot #28 whose name I refuse to mention...

really ....... so when we pulled the flea flicker early in the game and it was there and Teebs didnt throw , what kind of play calling should we have called after that ?

McDman

Getting into rhythm has nothing to do with his terrible accuracy and inability to make decisions. He needs to stop drifting backwards as well, it's infuriating.

Jetmeck
its obvious he has lost confidence, throws he would normally try he's not even attempting anymore. We lost the TO battle the past few weeks and im sure he is now not trying to make fewer mistakes. Before he was reserved trying not throw picks now he's gone beyond that.

Exactly......nice to see someone gets it. He has made those throws and will in the future. We have hit a bump in the road of a young developing QB.

Jetmeck
01-01-2012, 06:46 PM
Getting into rhythm has nothing to do with his terrible accuracy and inability to make decisions. He needs to stop drifting backwards as well, it's infuriating.

Well suit up grasshopper cause by your beliefs anyone can make some of the game winning throws TT has made in the past. Must been all luck and no skill so give it a try son.

Jetmeck
01-01-2012, 06:48 PM

Delivered all the way too so you just made the point. Been there, done that. Hit a bump in road but will rebound.

McDman
01-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Well suit up grasshopper cause by your beliefs anyone can make some of the game winning throws TT has made in the past. Must been all luck and no skill so give it a try son.

What?

TonyR
01-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Hit a bump in road but will rebound.

I agree with you that he can be better than he was today. I just have serious doubts that his passing ability is ever going to be good enough, and we have very little evidence to suggest that it will.

Bronx33
01-01-2012, 06:53 PM
I have a feeling the play calling is bringing down the whole team its gotta suck to go from game to game only too see the same crap being used.

Jekyll15Hyde
01-01-2012, 07:44 PM
I think Tebow has great intangibles, but he's going to have to up his passing game to be able to exploit his other skills. Right now, he's trapped in his own limitations. This ain't Gator ball. The NFL is the best in the world. They find out what your limitations are. It's only a matter of time. Tebow has hit his wall. Now he has to get beyond it. Hopefully, during the offseason and next season he can step it up. The Broncos need to bring in a solid vet to back up. I would also suggest turning Tebow into a kick ass TE to support the team. Giving the defense some more punch would also help. By the end of next season, the Broncos will know what they have in Tebow, one way or the other.

FYP

Shananahan
01-01-2012, 07:46 PM

Don't be too harsh...lol
You should post more.

Also, this thread is pathetic.

epicSocialism4tw
01-01-2012, 07:47 PM
Wow, it didn't even take a full season for these jerks to bail.

DENVERDUI55
01-01-2012, 07:51 PM
The luck has ran out on this year. It was bound to happen. With all the breaks and luck we recieved by other teams you knew it would happen eventually.

epicSocialism4tw
01-01-2012, 07:52 PM
The luck has ran out on this year. It was bound to happen. With all the breaks and luck we recieved by other teams you knew it would happen eventually.

It didn't run out.

We're in the playoffs.

Jekyll15Hyde
01-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Wow, it didn't even take a full season for these jerks to bail.

Nothing to bail from when one was never on board with it totally. It reminds me of McD. I was very against it at the onset but as they went 6-0, I started to buy in albeit with a huge amount of skepticism. Similar with Tebow but wasnt ever as close to being on board as I was with McD.

I still like the idea of him being a TE with some trick plays once in a while.

Jekyll15Hyde
01-01-2012, 07:53 PM

Its called the law of averages. Thought is was high school level concept but some folks just cant keep up

epicSocialism4tw
01-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Nothing to bail from when one was never on board with it totally. It reminds me of McD. I was very against it at the onset but as they went 6-0, I started to buy in albeit with a huge amount of skepticism. Similar with Tebow but wasnt ever as close to being on board as I was with McD.

I still like the idea of him being a TE with some trick plays once in a while.

Um...we're in the playoffs.

Jekyll15Hyde
01-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Um...we're in the playoffs.

And Tebow shiat the bed in effectively a home playoff game by mustering up a gift 3pts.

DENVERDUI55
01-01-2012, 07:56 PM
It didn't run out.

We're in the playoffs.

Well yeah we get an extra game. 3 game losing streak and 2 of those teams are bad.

epicSocialism4tw
01-01-2012, 07:56 PM
And Tebow shiat the bed in effectively a home playoff game by mustering up a gift 3pts.

We're in the playoffs.

extralife
01-01-2012, 07:57 PM
We're in the playoffs.

no thanks to us, dip****

epicSocialism4tw
Well yeah we get an extra game. 3 game losing streak and 2 of those teams are bad.

Yeah, well, but...playoffs.

Swedish Extrovert
Wow we suck again.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v4jGSvxCRp4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

epicSocialism4tw
01-01-2012, 07:58 PM
no thanks to us, dip****

You're right. You didn't suit up and play, so it was certainly no thanks to you. But as for the team? You can thank them because they improved from 4-12 to 8-8 and made the playoffs.

Division winners hosting a home playoff game.

Dagmar
01-01-2012, 07:59 PM
We're in the playoffs.

You forget, half of these "fans" didn't want it so they could be right.

MacGruder
01-01-2012, 08:00 PM
He cannot be the future QB…

If the coaching staff is afraid to let him throw…he cannot be the answer.

The ONLY reason they have been able to get away with that is because Tebow makes the running game so dominant.

IF Fox couldn't rely on the run game and win games with Tebow he would be forced to let him pass. It's like a crutch and they can't let it go now.

There is a way to solve this problem though.. Get some decent running backs. McGahee was decent when he was healthy but he isn't reliable. Beyond him there is no depth.

Put some great runners with Tebow and teams would not be able to stop the run game without opening the pass game allowing Tebow to throw.

If you watch in these last couple games McGahee had big holes and couldn't punish teams like he did earlier in the season. He's gimpy.

Dagmar
no thanks to us, dip****

We didn't beat the Jets? Miami? @ the Raiders? Really?

epicSocialism4tw
You forget, half of these "fans" didn't want it so they could be right.

I guess theyre just mad the Broncos made the playoffs.

colonelbeef
01-01-2012, 08:34 PM

Yep.

Can't believe how stupid some of the fans are- they think that they know NFL Qbing better than John Elway does.

Pure idiocy.

Jekyll15Hyde
01-01-2012, 08:37 PM
I guess theyre just mad the Broncos made the playoffs.

Forest from the trees.... forest from the trees

epicSocialism4tw
01-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Forest from the trees.... forest from the trees

Its "...forest for the trees."

Just FYI.

MacGruder
01-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Yep.

Can't believe how stupid some of the fans are- they think that they know NFL Qbing better than John Elway does.

Pure idiocy.

I can't believe how stupid people are.. this KC team just shut down Aaron Rodgers.. and he has a heck of a lot better team and coach than Tebow does.

Tebow led this team to the playoffs in spite of their weaknesses...

Any normal pocket passer could not have done what Tebow did with this team. Orton just proved that.

Put Tebow on the Chiefs and he would be better than Orton there too.

NFLBRONCO
01-01-2012, 08:45 PM

Exactly

KC scored 7 pts and we still couldn't win????????????????????????? Pretty sad if you ask me.

Tebow has miles to go

Jekyll15Hyde
01-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Its "...forest for the trees."

Just FYI.

Ha... I guess I have always said it wrong. Thanks for clarifying. :wave:

lod01
01-01-2012, 09:12 PM
Congrats. Worst starting QB in the NFL.

MacGruder
01-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Hey.. say what you want about Tebow.. but he can at least stay healthy.. and makes the Broncos run game go from one of the worst to the best in the league.

I doubt any other QB could stay healthy in this offense let alone win games.

People are forgetting Tebow is the one that covered up all the weaknesses of this team..even on defense. And the Broncos coaches are doing nothing to reciprocate the favor. Just using what he provides and taking credit for it.

epicSocialism4tw
01-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Congrats. Worst starting QB in the NFL.

Playoffs.

Scoreboard.

extralife
01-01-2012, 09:38 PM
We didn't beat the Jets? Miami? @ the Raiders? Really?

we choked at the end of the season, just like we've done at the end of every season over the last five years under now three different coaches and three different QBs. this time the dice just happened to bail us out because our division sucks as bad as we do. yeah, I'll take it, but the facts haven't changed--we tried our very best to choke away a playoff spot AGAIN. and we succeeded AGAIN, but then were bailed out by failure around us. if san diego doesn't forget that the NFL season has an October and a November, this is another 8-8 horror show of a broncos team sitting on their asses come playoff time. I've seen a few too many of those lately. hard to be super excited about the events of the last month.

NFLBRONCO
01-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Les was saying on Sunday Sports Zone tonight at halftime he saw a personnel guy and jokingly said, can we get a guy that can throw the ball. The guy said, its on the top of our xmas wish list. We'll see how true that is in offseason.

epicSocialism4tw
01-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Les was saying on Sunday Sports Zone tonight at halftime he saw a personnel guy and jokingly said, can we get a guy that can throw the ball. The guy said, its on the top of our xmas wish list. We'll see how true that is in offseason.

I bet thats what happened. Hilarious!

epicSocialism4tw
01-01-2012, 09:41 PM
we choked at the end of the season, just like we've done at the end of every season over the last five years under now three different coaches and three different QBs. this time the dice just happened to bail us out because our division sucks as bad as we do. yeah, I'll take it, but the facts haven't changed--we tried our very best to choke away a playoff spot AGAIN. and we succeeded AGAIN, but then were bailed out by failure around us. if san diego doesn't forget that the NFL season has an October and a November, this is another 8-8 horror show of a broncos team sitting on their asses come playoff time. I've seen a few too many of those lately. hard to be super excited about the events of the last month.

Um...did you forget last season?

extralife
01-01-2012, 09:42 PM
absolutely, but that's not the point

Bronx33
01-01-2012, 09:43 PM

Les would say he saw a spaceship if it got him ratings and 2 minutes of facetime.

NFLBRONCO
01-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Les would say he saw a spaceship if it got him ratings and 2 minutes of facetime.

could be too we'll see

epicSocialism4tw
01-01-2012, 09:51 PM
could be too we'll see

We'll see the playoffs next week.

Or at least I will. I don't know about you guys who are upset about the team making the playoffs, but I'll be watching.

bombay
01-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Tebow for Gabbert. don't they like tebow in Jacksonville? Gabbert can actually throw the ball if he's smart enough to pick up a system.

Ratboy
01-01-2012, 09:57 PM
Been saying this for how long? Glad to see the delusional fans finally seeing the light. Tebow is not an nfl qb. Never will be.

Winning makes everything look perfect.

We were winning, so we didn't care that Tebow couldn't complete passes. We got a few lucky plays and it put us into position to win.

Tebow has heart, but lacks everything else needed by a QB.

MacGruder
01-01-2012, 10:07 PM
Have people forgotten that Orton couldn't function in this offense either?

NO QB can function in Fox's offense...

You guys are forgetting that a normal QB would not be "protected" in the pocket the way Tebow is. The only reason he is is because of his own running ability.

At Florida the players were HIGH on their backup just like here in Denver.. they said ..

"we have a great run game.. and line.. and defense.. a great coach.. if only we had a real QB not Tebow we would be even more unstoppable"

Then Tebow left and it all collapsed... it all disappeared.

JDB7821
01-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Have people forgotten that Orton couldn't function in this offense either?

NO QB can function in Fox's offense...

You haven't been able to see the complete offense Fox wants to run. He couldn't install everything he wanted with no offseason and then he had to run the option for Tebow.

I love Tebow and I want nothing more for them to go on to have a Hall of Fame career. That said, I think the Broncos should make a play for Matt Flynn. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to bring in a rookie quarterback that isn't one of the elite like Luck or Griffin. Since they seemed to have played their way out of those guys, Flynn makes a lot of sense. I think he'll get some unfair comparisons to Matt Cassel by some of you, but I have a much better feeling about him.

Sign Flynn and draft some more pieces to put around him and the Broncos will probably win the West again next year in a more legitimate way.

kappys
01-01-2012, 10:12 PM
I think in the end what's dissapointing is that Tebow won't take chances to make tight throws. He started doing that after his first few games, then had a really, really bad go of it in Buffalo and promptly shut down this game. I can take mistakes, picks, etc. from a young QB. I can't take not trying to make a throw because a DB is within a few yards of his receivers..

I'm hoping he can improve on that in the offseason. But I get ahead of myself, I hope he can improve on it by next week. If we're eliminated then I still want Tebow back for a full season as starter but if there is no progress then we should look in another direction, I don't think now is the time to do it.

NFLBRONCO
01-01-2012, 10:15 PM
We'll see the playoffs next week.

Or at least I will. I don't know about you guys who are upset about the team making the playoffs, but I'll be watching.

I'll watch every game thanks. I'd bet you'd laugh your ass off at any team that backed into playoffs like we did not named Denver though.

Its a exp for the young guys I agree. I just think if you can't earn a playoff spot yourself to a team that scored 7 pts in your crib and not win you honestly don't deserve spot. By end of the week I'll want to win this game I'm pissed at today's game.

errand
01-01-2012, 10:15 PM
You're right. You didn't suit up and play, so it was certainly no thanks to you. But as for the team? You can thank them because they improved from 4-12 to 8-8 and made the playoffs.

Division winners hosting a home playoff game.

I remember when people were saying that they didn't want to go 8-8 with kyle orton as our quarterback.... and someone said well 8-8 can get you into the playoffs and it was laughed at.

hopefully we'll win a playoff game at home next week... the sexual predator is hobbled was a bad ankle and mendenhall is out... as is ryan clark.

MacGruder
01-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Matt Flynn? You are nuts man.. put Tebow in Greenbay's offense he would be unstoppable..

He would probably win more than Rodgers.. but he would still do it ugly so people would doubt him just like everyone is doubting him now.

You gyts are too consumed with "looks".

If Tebow has a real coach that understands offense those couple plays here and there would have been the difference in the game...

It's amazing Tebow was as successful as he was with Fox's weighing him down. He could only do it for so long. He's playing opposing defenses with no help.

If you want to see a carbon copy of this go look back at Dirk Nowitzkis career in the NBA. He had a terrible coach in Avery Johnson that had no idea howto coach offense and he drove Dirk into the ground and had him lose to the Golden State warriors in the first round of the playoffs. Then Dirk wins a championship with a coach that actually knows what he is doing.

You have this incredibly innovative player and Fox has no idea how to adapt to him. Tebow adapted to Fox because of his great running ability.

bombay
01-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Hell yes I'll watch. The Broncos defense was sensational today. Although Rothlisburger on one leg is better than Tebow and I'm worried about McGahee's leg.

extralife
01-01-2012, 10:36 PM
as is ryan clark.

ryan clark can't play in denver anyway.

broncofan4life
01-01-2012, 10:40 PM
he's horrible worst bronco QB of all time not counting simms. The book is out on him cant throw to his right play man to man and keep him in the pocket absolutely horrible

peacepipe
01-01-2012, 10:46 PM
Matt Flynn? You are nuts man.. put Tebow in Greenbay's offense he would be unstoppable..

He would probably win more than Rodgers.. but he would still do it ugly so people would doubt him just like everyone is doubting him now.

If Tebow has a real coach that understands offense those couple plays here and there would have been the difference in the game...

It's amazing Tebow was as successful as he was with Fox's weighing him down. He could only do it for so long. He's playing opposing defenses with no help.

If you want to see a carbon copy of this go look back at Dirk Nowitzkis career in the NBA. He had a terrible coach in Avery Johnson that had no idea howto coach offense and he drove Dirk into the ground and had him lose to the Golden State warriors in the first round of the playoffs. Then Dirk wins a championship with a coach that actually knows what he is doing.You have this incredibly innovative player and Fox has no idea how to adapt to him. Tebow adapted to Fox because of his great running ability.the mavs problem has never been offense,it's always been that they didn't play defense.

BroncoBeavis
01-01-2012, 10:47 PM
he's horrible worst bronco QB of all time not counting simms. The book is out on him cant throw to his right play man to man and keep him in the pocket absolutely horrible

Too early to tell. On Decker as well. Decker needs to improve his route awareness. Today when he went out short of the sticks without trying to stretch or anything... I don't know if he just doesn't know where the first down is or what. Not sure why he's even running routes 2 yards short in the first place.

DBroncos4life
01-01-2012, 10:58 PM
Did that ****ing nut job really say that Tebow would make the Packers better than they are now with Rodgers?

BroncoBeavis
01-01-2012, 10:58 PM
I remember when people were saying that they didn't want to go 8-8 with kyle orton as our quarterback.... and someone said well 8-8 can get you into the playoffs and it was laughed at..

Tebow didn't go 8-8. He went 7-4. 8-8 was with Kyle's help.

Crushaholic
01-01-2012, 11:41 PM
Tebow was actually better when the coaches didn't confuse him with trying to pass. He was effective when he hiked the ball and ran...

errand
01-02-2012, 02:01 AM
Tebow didn't go 8-8. He went 7-4. 8-8 was with Kyle's help.

Well since the NFL had figured him out after the first 7 games, and after witnessing the atrocious play he's displayed since they have, I'll go out on a limb and say we wouldn't have won the rest of our games had tebow started every game this year

Atwater His Ass
01-02-2012, 02:15 AM
holy **** never seen a bunch of nancy's so pissed at winning the division and making the playoffs.

DB-Freak
01-02-2012, 03:25 AM

If you want to see a carbon copy of this go look back at Dirk Nowitzkis career in the NBA. He had a terrible coach in Avery Johnson that had no idea howto coach offense and he drove Dirk into the ground and had him lose to the Golden State warriors in the first round of the playoffs. Then Dirk wins a championship with a coach that actually knows what he is doing.

You have this incredibly innovative player and Fox has no idea how to adapt to him. Tebow adapted to Fox because of his great running ability.

wtf.....

epicSocialism4tw
01-02-2012, 04:15 AM
I remember when people were saying that they didn't want to go 8-8 with kyle orton as our quarterback.... and someone said well 8-8 can get you into the playoffs and it was laughed at.

hopefully we'll win a playoff game at home next week... the sexual predator is hobbled was a bad ankle and mendenhall is out... as is ryan clark.

If Orton could have maintained a .500 record and had this team on anything other than the rapidly downward trajectory it was on, he'd still be starting here.

Jesterhole
01-02-2012, 05:37 AM
This has everything to do with the playcalling and almost nothing to do with what Tebow can do. Fox and McCoy suck, they run the ball on 3rd and long time and time again, and don't even give the kid a chance to win it.

And also, if Matt Willis cathes a ball that hits him in his damn hands, that last drive would have look a lot different too. Tim has Pee Wee level coaches and high school level wide outs. How can you expect him to be any good?

KO5K
01-02-2012, 05:44 AM
Tebow's a bad quarterback in an awful situation.

Tebow + No confidence + Awful WRs + McCoy = Absolute garbage.

Jay3
01-02-2012, 05:52 AM
And also, if Matt Willis cathes a ball that hits him in his damn hands, that last drive would have look a lot different too. Tim has Pee Wee level coaches and high school level wide outs. How can you expect him to be any good?

According to reports, he was pretty heartbroken. That was the throw right there, the spark. CB's were on everybody like glue, and Tebow put it right where he had a chance to make a catch. Simms kept trying to say it was knocked away, but Willis just spiked it. With that catch, the whole last drive becomes exciting.

55CrushEm
01-02-2012, 06:10 AM

This is his problem. It's not like he CAN'T throw the ball.....he just DOESN'T throw the ball.

His decision making (lack of) is his biggest problem......it's like he won't throw the ball to a guy unless that guy is wide open by 10 or more yards.

HE'S GOT TO PULL THE TRIGGER SOONER!

No wonder he's only has 3 pass attempts in a game......he's scared to throw for fear of making a mistake.

MacGruder
01-02-2012, 06:17 AM
Did that ****ing nut job really say that Tebow would make the Packers better than they are now with Rodgers?

Yep... and I'm the same nutjob that said Tebow would make the Broncos better than Orton when everyone said that was impossible.

If Matt Flynn can outplay Rodgers wtf couldn't Tebow?

It absolutely amazes me how blind people can be. Any QB would look great with the weapons Rodgers has and the line protecting him he does. It's the same with Cam Newton in Carolina right now..

gunns
01-02-2012, 06:21 AM

This. And get a QB in the off season to have waiting in the wings in case things don't work out. I don't want to wait until 2013 to address that. But I also don't want to sell the farm to address that as some do. Getting the D the positions they need is a huge priority and will help the offense in the end.

BroncoBeavis
01-02-2012, 06:23 AM
Well since the NFL had figured him out after the first 7 games, and after witnessing the atrocious play he's displayed since they have, I'll go out on a limb and say we wouldn't have won the rest of our games had tebow started every game this year

Speculate all you want. But at the end of the day, you're the one arguing that the woes of a 1-4 team ending 8-8 under a new QB is all the fault of said new QB.

This team is bad on offense. It was before Tebow got there, not even counting our best receiver being dished for peanuts.

MacGruder
01-02-2012, 06:23 AM
the mavs problem has never been offense,it's always been that they didn't play defense.

No... it was offense.. this is what people don't understand.. offense and defense are tied together.

This is why Fox doesn't WANT guys playing offense... because it would make his defense look worse. It's a gimmick. He runs the ball every play to protect his defense and put them in a good postition and wrested.

Avery Johnson used to use Nowitzki like he was Tim Duncan. That is the worst thing you could do with a player so unconventional like Dirk. Avery did this because he was just trying to mimic Popovich of the Spurs because that was all Avery knew.

Just like NFL coaches can only imitate what they did before under other coaches because they are so limited in their knowledge.

55CrushEm
01-02-2012, 06:24 AM

Ok....here's my theory.

Right after the last SI cover AND Elway's endorsement......we went 0-3.

Jinxed.

gunns
01-02-2012, 06:24 AM
Yep... and I'm the same nutjob that said Tebow would make the Broncos better than Orton when everyone said that was impossible.

It's absolutely amazes me how blind people can be. Any QB would look greta with the weapons Rodgers has and the line protecting him he does. It;'s the same with Cam Newton in Carolina right now..

Tebow doesn't have the line GB does but I've seen them hold forever while Tebow is back there as indecisive as ever. At times I thought he was going to hold that ball and never let go. That isn't the line, the WR's, the playcalling. That's Tebow.

TailgateNut
01-02-2012, 06:36 AM
TEBLOW SUCKS ------ That is all!

55CrushEm
01-02-2012, 06:40 AM

Oh, yay. The Superfan is back with his most intelligent sports anaylsis.

WHOOT!!!

epicSocialism4tw
01-02-2012, 06:41 AM
No... it was offense.. this is what people don't understand.. offense and defense are tied together.

This is why Fox doesn't WANT guys playing offense... because it would make his defense look worse. It's a gimmick. He runs the ball every play to protect his defense and put them in a good postition and wrested.

Avery Johnson used to use Nowitzki like he was Tim Duncan. That is the worst thing you could do with a player so unconventional like Dirk. Avery did this because he was just trying to mimic Popovich of the Spurs because that was all Avery knew.

Just like NFL coaches can only imitate what they did before under other coaches because they are so limited in their knowledge.

That's actually correct.

It wore Dirk out. Avery Johnson wore Dirk out.

epicSocialism4tw
01-02-2012, 06:44 AM

Another guy who hates the Broncos.

barryr
01-02-2012, 07:14 AM

The Broncos make it to the playoffs for the first time since 2005 and this is what you post? No wonder so many around here do not view you as a Bronco fan anymore.

MacGruder
01-02-2012, 07:27 AM
Tebow doesn't have the line GB does but I've seen them hold forever while Tebow is back there as indecisive as ever.

This is a perfect illustration of why you can't go by LOOKS.

That DEFENSIVE line is "holding" so long because that is what they have been coached to do.. Tebow's mobility and running ability forces the D line to try to contain Tebow. But then what they do is attack him when he is forced to pass. It's really just a kind of delayed blitz. All it does is make Tebow's offensive line LOOK much better than it is. If it was a normal passing QB they would have just attacked immediately and gotten the quick sack.

At times I thought he was going to hold that ball and never let go. That isn't the line, the WR's, the playcalling. That's Tebow.

It's caused by the lack of aggression.. running every down with ineffective runners... telling your Qb not to risk interceptions as all cost. cutting the playbook down because you aren't making any kind of risky passes.

They basically just don't let Tebow play QB until they are down 2 TDs or it's the end of the 4th quarter.. how can people not see this?

It's also why the Broncos D look much better than it is.. it's a gimmick.. run the ball all the time and punt the opposing offense deep in their own territory every time.

Makes your d look much better at the expense of your own O.. makes opposing Os look bad too.

It's like a slow down low post defensive battle in basketball. Like Popovich in the NBA.

McDman
01-02-2012, 08:11 AM

Really? SO he'd win 16 games this year? Your continually prove yourself to be the dumbest POS to have ever graced this board.

Dagmar
01-02-2012, 08:37 AM
The Broncos make it to the playoffs for the first time since 2005 and this is what you post? No wonder so many around here do not view you as a Bronco fan anymore.

He has stated in the past this season he'd rather Tebow lost than the Broncos win, hence why he disappeared during the win streak and came back now.

DBroncos4life
01-02-2012, 09:00 AM

I didn't see you saying this one time about Orton. Why don't you try being a Broncos fan and not just a Tebow fan.

TailgateNut
01-02-2012, 09:17 AM
He has stated in the past this season he'd rather Tebow lost than the Broncos win, hence why he disappeared during the win streak and came back now.

I have never wished for the Broncos to lose you ****ing lying POS immigrant ****.
I dis appeared because during the one week ban I actually enjoyed being away from you co****cking Teboners. Get it?

I also moved to another home and had to prep my other home as a rental. So, take your opinions and shove them where the sun doesn't shine.

Dagmar
01-02-2012, 09:24 AM
Lol but you wish for Broncos players to be injured?

Hey, I don't give a **** about your personal life Raiders fan, never will.

Circle Orange
01-02-2012, 09:24 AM
I really hadn't commented too much on this, because I wanted to see how it played out. I thought the "magic" angle was overstated for several reasons. "Magic" implies an improbable win under unusual circumstances. But all the Bronco wins were exactly the same game! It went like this:

1. Broncs play team with losing record, are offensively challenged like themselves, have a rookie qb, or five dbs out with injury.

2. Defense plays lights out.

3. Tebow runs base offense with option to run. Gains large yardage sporadically. Running backs bust big runs at crucial times. Passes are either soft spirals or wobbly ducks (in no particular order). Hits completely wide open recievers with no adjustments to be made.

4. Opposing defenses back off in fourth quarter, leaving large areas of the field for Tim to roam or run. They no longer contain on the edges and play 10-20 yards off.

5. The so called "magic" begins when the offense suddenly and miraculously moves, after bumbling and stumbling for 55 minutes. Opposing defenses suddenly decide to defend the pass, despite the fact Tim will run for short yardage on key gains.

6. Score is close, a touchdown or less. Big runback is optional, putting Broncos in place for a "comeback."

7. Cameras are deliberately on Tebow for long periods of time between series, or when he's praying or kneeling.

8. We get the standardized cliches about "Tebow Time" and the goobers in the third deck waving signs.

9. Broncos score, pull out narrow win.

9a. Press conference has a Tim giving standard bland comments with no depth or insight as to how he really feels.

10. Skip Bayless will shriek the following day on "ESPN's First Take" and try to shout down Steven A. Smith.

11. Trent Dilfer will pump and praise Tim (curiously, a lot of the same things were said about him although he was a better qb).

THE FLIP SIDE

1. Broncos play team with legitimate qb and offense.
2. Tim turns ball over and fumbles.
3. Defense can't keep up (minus a certain team captain)
4. Broncos get blown out.

So really, they have no margin for error...they either win extremely close games or get totally blown out. You can't trust a team like this in the playoffs. Based on post game comments, it almost feels like the players already know they have no chance. It ain't like back in the day!

Turd_Ferguson
01-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Lol but you wish for Broncos players to be injured?

Hey, I don't give a **** about your personal life Raiders fan, never will.

Is this Jhnns?

Play2win
01-02-2012, 11:09 AM
****, put Brady Quinn in there, just so we have a control. We will see how bad the WR, Coaches, etc., et al... really are. If Quinn comes in and throws for 300 yards, then there you go, you have your answer.

peacepipe
01-02-2012, 11:37 AM
According to reports, he was pretty heartbroken. That was the throw right there, the spark. CB's were on everybody like glue, and Tebow put it right where he had a chance to make a catch. Simms kept trying to say it was knocked away, but Willis just spiked it. With that catch, the whole last drive becomes exciting.

thats because the CB did knock it away,watch the replay. Hell it was reviewed again today & it was verified that the CB got his hand in there to knock it out.

55CrushEm
01-02-2012, 11:39 AM
I dis appeared because during the one week ban I actually enjoyed being away.... Get it?

So why don't you stay away since you enjoyed it so much?

Superfan.

extralife
01-02-2012, 02:08 PM

It absolutely amazes me how blind people can be. Any QB would look great with the weapons Rodgers has and the line protecting him he does. It's the same with Cam Newton in Carolina right now..

I just want to quote this to make sure it really happened

TailgateNut
01-02-2012, 02:19 PM
So why don't you stay away since you enjoyed it so much?

Superfan.

Because you stupid ****ers keep acting like Tebow is the reason we won the games. Not divine intervention and Prater.

****ing Teboners.

55CrushEm
01-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Because you stupid ****ers keep acting like Tebow is the reason we won the games. Not divine intervention and Prater.

****ing Teboners.

**** you, superfan.

Keep wishing injury on more Bronco players, why don't you.....

****ing low-life piece of ****.

TailgateNut
01-02-2012, 02:26 PM
**** you, superfan.

Keep wishing injury on more Bronco players, why don't you.....

****ing low-life piece of ****.

I didn't wish injuries on more players, I would have preferred Kuper being healthy over Timmy being healthy. That's all. I feel bad for Chris.

55CrushEm
01-02-2012, 02:28 PM
I didn't wish injuries on more players, I would have preferred Kuper being healthy over Timmy being healthy. That's all. I feel bad for Chris.

No, that's not exactly what you said.

You said too bad it didn't happen to Tebow, cause he's a waste of a roster space.

Nice try, though.

JCMElway
01-02-2012, 02:42 PM
And the forum shift begins...

Not for me Popps. I have never been on the bandwagon. I do not think he is a long term answer. I would love to be wrong. Really. I hope that someone flashes this post at me in three years and says, "Remember when you were bagging on Tebow?" I hope I eat a healthy portion of crow.

But Tebow is not the answer. I hope we draft a QB in the 2nd - 5th round and pick up Matt Flynn as a free agent. Let those three guys fight it out in a full offseason and really build this team.

peacepipe
01-02-2012, 02:59 PM
Not for me Popps. I have never been on the bandwagon. I do not think he is a long term answer. I would love to be wrong. Really. I hope that someone flashes this post at me in three years and says, "Remember when you were bagging on Tebow?" I hope I eat a healthy portion of crow.

But Tebow is not the answer. I hope we draft a QB in the 2nd - 5th round and pick up Matt Flynn as a free agent. Let those three guys fight it out in a full offseason and really build this team.I think ultimately you would have to release tebow, tebownites would never let up & would not support whoever won out in training camp. It would create such a distraction that no one would succeed going forward. remember how alot of tebownites make the claim that tebow is not a practice player.

MacGruder
01-02-2012, 03:01 PM
remember how alot of tebownites make the claim that tebow is not a practice player.

You don't think that was proven by going to the playoffs when Orton couldn't win a game to save his life? lol

extralife
01-02-2012, 03:03 PM
you're also not going to be able to sign matt flynn with the winning pitch of "hey, check it out: come here and we'll let you compete for the job in training camp. and part of your competition will be the most popular player in professional sports. sound good?"

MacGruder
01-02-2012, 03:03 PM
****, put Brady Quinn in there, just so we have a control. We will see how bad the WR, Coaches, etc., et al... really are. If Quinn comes in and throws for 300 yards, then there you go, you have your answer.

what if he comes in throws for 300 yards and then the run game stinks with him and the defense regresses without the run game and he throws 2 picks and they still lose by a touchdown..?

TDmvp
01-02-2012, 03:04 PM
I have never wished for the Broncos to lose you ****ing lying POS immigrant ****.
I dis appeared because during the one week ban I actually enjoyed being away from you co******ing Teboners. Get it?

I also moved to another home and had to prep my other home as a rental. So, take your opinions and shove them where the sun doesn't shine.

Hilarious! God you're stupid.

So lets get this straight YOU disappeared because during your one week ban YOU actually enjoyed being away... Like you had any control over it.

You should do everyone a solid tho and get banned more often.

peacepipe
You don't think that was proven by going to the playoffs when Orton couldn't win a game to save his life? lol

thanks for proving my point.

extralife
generally if the defense regresses you aren't going to immediately blame it on the quarterback unless you're a complete ****ing idiot.

dsmoot
01-02-2012, 03:07 PM
I dis appeared because during the one week ban I actually enjoyed being away from you co******ing Teboners. Get it?

When you wrestle with the pigs you don't come away any more convincing or correct, all you get is dirty.

MacGruder
01-02-2012, 03:08 PM
Really? SO he'd win 16 games this year? Your continually prove yourself to be the dumbest POS to have ever graced this board.

Dude.. Tebow got the Broncos to the playoffs thrown onto a crap team in the worst situation imaginable with a coach who has no idea how to even use him..

Tebow has athleticism and durability Rodgers could only dream of. Give him the team Rodgers has and facing lockout defenses and anything is possible.

Tebow had a better winning percentage than Rodgers a couple games ago and was beat by the same Ds that gave Rodgers and Brady fits this season.

TailgateNut
01-02-2012, 04:51 PM
No, that's not exactly what you said.

You said too bad it didn't happen to Tebow, cause he's a waste of a roster space.

Nice try, though.

You've always struggled with comprehension, haven't you?

TailgateNut
01-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Hilarious! God you're stupid.

So lets get this straight YOU disappeared because during your one week ban YOU actually enjoyed being away... Like you had any control over it.

You should do everyone a solid tho and get banned more often.

Go **** yourself, you bull****ting artist!

I stayed away long after my ban was over, you stupid waste of oxygen.

Ratboy
01-02-2012, 04:54 PM

I hope this is sarcasm.

TDmvp
01-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Go **** yourself, you bull****ting artist!

I stayed away long after my ban was over, you stupid waste of oxygen.

Keep dancing retard...
http://videogum.com/img/thumbnails/photos/andrew_wk_conan.gif

Nothing is as fun a stirring up some unintelligent moron like yourself and watching them dance. Your over inflated self worth makes you so easy to play. I bet you're a blast to party with. You should hold your own tailgate parties or something.

TailgateNut
01-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Keep dancing retard...
http://videogum.com/img/thumbnails/photos/andrew_wk_conan.gif

Nothing is as fun a stirring up some unintelligent moron like yourself and watching them dance. Your over inflated self worth makes you so easy to play. I bet you're a blast to party with. You should hold your own tailgate parties or something.

Who the **** is dancing? You are the one following me like a little lost puppy.

TDmvp
01-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Who the **** is dancing? You are the one following me like a little lost puppy.

That whole over inflated self worth thing I mentioned earlier...

But you are great to stir up and watch act like a retard for 20 mins to kill time while I wait on my pizza to get here ... Thx.

Edit : OOooo and now TGN wants to play rep bombing .... Game on.
You're so easy to fish.

55CrushEm
01-03-2012, 06:00 AM
You've always struggled with comprehension, haven't you?

Too bad Kuper got hurt instead of Timmy! We lost a viable player instead of a waste of roster space.

Oh, yeah. You're right.....this isn't wishing injury on anyone at all!

Nope. My reading comprehension is just fine. Keep spinning away, though.....you d-bag commie piece of trash.

Superfan.

From TGN's book titled "How to be a Superfan".....

Step 1: Wish injury on players of your favorite team....but only if you really don't like them.....oh, especially if they believe in God.

TailgateNut
01-03-2012, 09:56 AM
Oh, yeah. You're right.....this isn't wishing injury on anyone at all!

Nope. My reading comprehension is just fine. Keep spinning away, though.....you d-bag commie piece of trash.

Superfan.

From TGN's book titled "How to be a Superfan".....

Step 1: Wish injury on players of your favorite team....but only if you really don't like them.....oh, especially if they believe in God.

Does your STUPID ASS undrstand "in lieu of", aka, instead of?

I doubt you do, because if you did, you would STFU. Pesky ass jerk!

55CrushEm
01-03-2012, 10:39 AM
Does your STUPID ASS undrstand "in lieu of", aka, instead of?

I doubt you do, because if you did, you would STFU. Pesky ass jerk!

I don't give a **** if you meant "in addition to" or "in lieu of", you asshole.

You said, "Too bad Kuper got hurt instead of Timmy."......IN OTHER WORDS, you wish Tim had gotten hurt "in lieu of" Kuper....IN OTHER WORDS you wish Timmy had been hurt PERIOD.

No matter what what you cut it.....you WISHED FOR INJURY ON TIM "in lieu of" or whatever.......which makes you a ****ing asshole. But most of us knew that already.

Again, you're trying to save face for a retarded post....which most of yours are....that one just took the cake.

As far as intellect AND maturity.....I've got you beaten by a mile.

So **** off asswad.

bombay
01-03-2012, 10:42 AM
Tebow's fast start was no different than Orton's. As soon as the league adjusted defensively, the party was over.

TailgateNut
01-03-2012, 10:55 AM
I don't give a **** if you meant "in addition to" or "in lieu of", you a-hole.

You said, "Too bad Kuper got hurt instead of Timmy."......IN OTHER WORDS, you wish Tim had gotten hurt "in lieu of" Kuper....IN OTHER WORDS you wish Timmy had been hurt PERIOD.

No matter what what you cut it.....you WISHED FOR INJURY ON TIM "in lieu of" or whatever.......which makes you a ****ing a-hole. But most of us knew that already.

Again, you're trying to save face for a retarded post....which most of yours are....that one just took the cake.

As far as intellect AND maturity.....I've got you beaten by a mile.

So **** off asswad.

1.Maybe age, but not maturity nor intellect!

....and FYI, yes, I would have preferred Tim being injured over Chris being injured. I can't stand the incompetent prick and am in no way attempting to save face. I don't give a flying **** what you and the rest of the TimBlowers think. You can all suck my ass!

55CrushEm
01-03-2012, 11:17 AM
1.Maybe age, but not maturity nor intellect!

....and FYI, yes, I would have preferred Tim being injured over Chris being injured. I can't stand the incompetent prick and am in no way attempting to save face. I don't give a flying **** what you and the rest of the TimBlowers think. You can all suck my ass!

Thanks for making my point, Superfan!

You show up when we lose, and hide when we win because you hate our QB because he's a Christian. You're a Bill Maher wanna-be....only LESS funny, if that's even possible.

And if you really don't care that I think you're a douchebag, low-life, scum-sucking asshole for wishing injury on a player of a team you SUPPOSEDLY root for......why respond?

And yeah, you're 50+ years old, and have the maturity of a teenager. You and Spider.....2 peas in a pod.

Peoples Champ
01-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Tebow's fast start was no different than Orton's. As soon as the league adjusted defensively, the party was over.

only difference is playoffs, even though the end of the road will come next week, it does feel better that our season is 1 week longer then usual. I was sick of the drought.

TailgateNut
01-03-2012, 11:23 AM
Thanks for making my point, Superfan!

You show up when we lose, and hide when we win because you hate our QB because he's a Christian. You're a Bill Maher wanna-be....only LESS funny, if that's even possible.

And if you really don't care that I think you're a douchebag, low-life, scum-sucking a-hole for wishing injury on a player of a team you SUPPOSEDLY root for......why respond?

And yeah, you're 50+ years old, and have the maturity of a teenager. You and Spider.....2 peas in a pod.

Waaaaaaahhhhh! SMD asswipe!

bronco militia
03-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Who knew

Spider
03-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Who knew

LOL

bronco militia
03-09-2012, 03:56 PM
:wave:

bronco militia
05-24-2012, 01:16 PM
Tebow gets reps on punt team, looks shaky at quarterback at OTAs

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 24, 2012, 2:39 PM EDT
Getty ImagesMembers of the New York media got their first look at Tim Tebow on the Jets’ practice field at today’s Organized Team Activities, and the general consensus is that as a quarterback, he’s one heck of a punt protector.

The Tebow obsession might have gotten a little bit out of control when some of the Jets beat writers were offering up live Twitter updates of Tebow’s interceptions during 7-on-7 drills, but those interceptions led to the general consensus that Tebow is having some growing pains in learning the Jets’ offense, and that he didn’t look as good passing the ball as Mark Sanchez.

“It’s definitely frustrating,” Tebow said of throwing two interceptions. “But it’s 7-on-7. Those plays . . . were the first time I ran them. So I’ll learn from it. Honestly, it won’t bother me again. When you make the bad play, you got to put it behind you and move on. I felt like I did.”

Tebow also got reps on the punt team, where the Jets plan to use him as the personal protector, and he seems fine there, to the extent that you can tell anything about a guy’s ability to be a personal protector on the punt team when they’re practicing in shorts in May.

from pft and :

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2012/05/jets-quarterback-mark-sanchez-shines-to-wrap-up-first-week-of-otas

Beantown Bronco
05-24-2012, 01:21 PM
Tebow also got reps on the punt team, where the Jets plan to use him as the personal protector, and he seems fine there

Smart move putting him there IMO. 4th and short? Bring out the punt team with Tebow back where he can take the snap on a fake. This will force teams to keep a spy or, more likely, two spies keying on him and not on setting up a return. They'll catch at least a team or two napping at some point this year.

bronco militia
05-24-2012, 01:36 PM
Smart move putting him there IMO. 4th and short? Bring out the punt team with Tebow back where he can take the snap on a fake. This will force teams to keep a spy or, more likely, two spies keying on him and not on setting up a return. They'll catch at least a team or two napping at some point this year.

they did the same thing with Brad Smith 2 years ago.

DENVERDUI55
05-24-2012, 01:50 PM
Is anyone really surprised that Tim Tebow looks shaky throwing 7 on 7?

Jay3
05-24-2012, 01:57 PM
Talk about a microscope. One hour of one OTA.

He just keeps getting better and better, and people forget what they were saying and thinking in times past. He keeps getting judged by a higher and higher standard.

I'm glad he's letting it fly. I'd rather him throw some picks in 7-on7 OTA drills, it if helps him develop rhythm in getting the ball out of there. His coach yelled that he needed to hit his checkdowns on those plays. (He never seems to check down, which seems like a habit that could be improved).

Turd_Ferguson
05-24-2012, 03:05 PM
Tebow is taking snaps with the punt team and looks "shaky" passing the ball...Meanwhile Division rival GMs are saying this about the Broncos...

“As far as the division race is concerned, I know this, it will be very difficult to win the West,” Smith said. “The Broncos are defending champs, and they added Peyton Manning. The Raiders and the Chiefs are much better. The Broncos are led by one of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/24/a-j-smith-i-hope-the-broncos-dont-run-away-with-the-afc-west/

Gee I wish we could have kept Tebow, who is going to protect Colquitt on punts??????

canadianbroncosfan
05-24-2012, 03:13 PM
Is anyone really surprised that Tim Tebow looks shaky?

not really

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-24-2012, 03:14 PM

Getty ImagesMembers of the New York media got their first look at Tim Tebow on the Jets’ practice field at today’s Organized Team Activities, and the general consensus is that as a quarterback, he’s one heck of a punt protector.

The Tebow obsession might have gotten a little bit out of control when some of the Jets beat writers were offering up live Twitter updates of Tebow’s interceptions during 7-on-7 drills, but those interceptions led to the general consensus that Tebow is having some growing pains in learning the Jets’ offense, and that he didn’t look as good passing the ball as Mark Sanchez.

“It’s definitely frustrating,” Tebow said of throwing two interceptions. “But it’s 7-on-7. Those plays . . . were the first time I ran them. So I’ll learn from it. Honestly, it won’t bother me again. When you make the bad play, you got to put it behind you and move on. I felt like I did.”

Tebow also got reps on the punt team, where the Jets plan to use him as the personal protector, and he seems fine there, to the extent that you can tell anything about a guy’s ability to be a personal protector on the punt team when they’re practicing in shorts in May.

from pft and :

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2012/05/jets-quarterback-mark-sanchez-shines-to-wrap-up-first-week-of-otas

LUL it's practice you gais! practice duznt mattr remembur?

Heez a gamur!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eGDBR2L5kzI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Broncos_OTM
05-24-2012, 03:18 PM
is this grade school? lawd almighty

MacGruder
05-24-2012, 09:14 PM
Talk about a microscope. One hour of one OTA.

He just keeps getting better and better, and people forget what they were saying and thinking in times past. He keeps getting judged by a higher and higher standard.

I'm glad he's letting it fly.

Exactly... you don't become great by checking the ball down... all these media members should ask Peyton about that. Didn't he set a record throwing INTs as a rookie? And I think Peyton even tend to be conservative compared to Tebow. That's something I think he could learn from Tebow or a Brett Favre... no balls no babies..

Look at Orton.. no one checks down better than him.. and look where it's gotten him..

errand
05-24-2012, 09:53 PM
Both are back-up QB's.....on other teams.

who cares how either of them are doing?

Taco John
05-24-2012, 09:56 PM
Tebow looks bad in practice. Shocking.

MacGruder
05-25-2012, 01:43 AM
Tebow looks bad in practice. Shocking.

The key word there is "looks"

Looks can be very deceiving..

As Elway hopefully learned last season.

Drek
05-25-2012, 01:49 AM
Gee I wish we could have kept Tebow, who is going to protect Colquitt on punts??????

Who would you rather have to win you one critical game late in the 2012 season, Tim Tebow or Caleb Hanie?

Our FO chose the later of those two. That is a problem, because it obviously wasn't a choice based on the ability to play football.

broncosteven
05-25-2012, 03:01 AM

from pft and :

Tebow also had offensive coordinator Tony Sparano bark at him after both interceptions.

''Both times, he was saying: `You've got to take your checkdown. It's right in front of you,''' Tebow said. ''That's obviously a learning point for me.''

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-york-jets-mark-sanchez-tim-tebow-team-workouts-052412

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-25-2012, 05:22 AM
Who would you rather have to win you one critical game late in the 2012 season, Tim Tebow or Caleb Hanie?

Our FO chose the later of those two. That is a problem, because it obviously wasn't a choice based on the ability to play football.

Late in the season... like the meltdown in Buffalo? Or the three points against KC at home?

Jay3
05-25-2012, 05:24 AM
Both are back-up QB's.....on other teams.

who cares how either of them are doing?

I'm going to say, for starters, the people reading this thread.

Jay3
05-25-2012, 05:25 AM
Late in the season... like the meltdown in Buffalo? Or the three points against KC at home?

Or the torching of Pittsburgh? So what's your answer, Caleb Hanie or Tim Tebow?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-25-2012, 05:35 AM
Or the torching of Pittsburgh? So what's your answer, Caleb Hanie or Tim Tebow?

Okay, so he went 1-4 to finish the season.

Look, anyone would be foolish to take Hanie over Tebow. But you and I and Tim and John and John and everyone in town knows that Tebow wasn't going to stay as a backup, and that his lunatic fringe fans would have had a billboard up after the first Bronco loss this season, and that the fanbase as a whole is tired of dealing with the victim complex from Timbots.

We have Peyton ****ing Manning. You're going to have to learn to deal with that.

Drek
05-25-2012, 05:44 AM

Look, anyone would be foolish to take Hanie over Tebow. But you and I and Tim and John and John and everyone in town knows that Tebow wasn't going to stay as a backup, and that his lunatic fringe fans would have had a billboard up after the first Bronco loss this season, and that the fanbase as a whole is tired of dealing with the victim complex from Timbots.

We have Peyton ****ing Manning. You're going to have to learn to deal with that.

Except people in this thread are making fun of Tim for currently being a backup and playing special teams, which is a role he's apparently embraced in New York.

A massive media market with a mediocre QB was willing to handle the supposed PR hassles of Tim Tebow in exchange for what Tebow offers on the football field. The Denver Broncos, with the franchise's greatest icon at the helm, bringing in one of the greatest QBs of all time but one with health concerns, is incapable of doing that?

If so then this organization has serious issues. This was a slam dunk path for them to ignore the Tebow fans and keep the best 53 football players they could acquire on the roster. They chickened out and now if Manning isn't health for every single game we get to watch Caleb Hanie have another seizure on the football field.

TonyR
05-25-2012, 05:58 AM
I understand your frustration Drek. But at the same time, with the exception of the Steelers game, we got curb stomped by every good team we played last year. And once again with the exception of the Steelers game it appeared teams had figured out Tebow and the Tebow offense. The Steelers game is an outlier aided by a very banged up team that didn't play well and had a stupid game plan for whatever reason. Reality set back in when we played the Pats. Elway and Fox didn't think the future of this team was playing Tebow style football, they didn't want to deal with the distractions that Tebow brought, and clearly a lot of the players weren't happy with the whole situation based on the comments numerous players have made. Hell even McGahee, who benefitted greatly from Tebow, has made comments that indicate he's happier with the way things are now. I think the circus weighed on a lot of people last year.

Who would I rather have for one game? Tebow. But unfortunately the equation is a lot more complicated than that. The organization clearly viewed getting rid of Tebow to be a net positive. If we lose Manning for an extended period of time we're f***ed either way so let's hope we keep him upright and we won't need to think much about Tebow. Let them deal with the circus in NY.

TonyR
05-25-2012, 06:03 AM
In Denver we're talking football now and don't have to deal with this mess:

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_20706458/kiszla-broncos-are-better-off-without-tim-tebow

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/25/sports/football/tim-tebow-is-less-smooth-than-mark-sanchez-in-jets-practice.html

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/tim-tebow-jets-ota/

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/lolo-jones-date-tim-tebow/137581

http://deadspin.com/5913209/snoop-dogg-tebowed-after-throwing-out-tonights-first-pitch-in-chicago

Now that it's okay to be honest about it, Mark Kiszla says the Broncos are better off sans Tebowmania, and do you see the position of that ball? Just, wow. Kiz observes that the chatter in Denver is about actual football rather than who's not dating whom. But since the Broncos' first OTA wrapped up on Wednesday, what else is there to talk about than young Teebs?

Timmy threw two picks when he should have checked down (sound familiar?) and worked as a punt protector yesterday during the open session of the Jets' OTA. After practice, the crisper Mark Sanchez conversed with Jets brass, while Tebow worked to maintain the polish on his image with the PR guy.

In other Tebow-related news, Olympian Lolo Jones says she still has her V card, prompting Timmy's Jets mates to suggest a potential love match; plus, Snoop Dogg Tebowed after throwing out the first pitch at Comiskey.
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/the-daily-lard-5-25-12

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-25-2012, 06:14 AM
Except people in this thread are making fun of Tim for currently being a backup and playing special teams, which is a role he's apparently embraced in New York.

A massive media market with a mediocre QB was willing to handle the supposed PR hassles of Tim Tebow in exchange for what Tebow offers on the football field. The Denver Broncos, with the franchise's greatest icon at the helm, bringing in one of the greatest QBs of all time but one with health concerns, is incapable of doing that?

If so then this organization has serious issues. This was a slam dunk path for them to ignore the Tebow fans and keep the best 53 football players they could acquire on the roster. They chickened out and now if Manning isn't health for every single game we get to watch Caleb Hanie have another seizure on the football field.

The Jets kept the cat in the bag by saying he's the backup and putting him in punt coverage. That was a savvy move.

In Denver, that cat was not going back into the bag. Period. Elway knew it, got rid of the distraction.

You should probably try to get over it.

Jay3
05-25-2012, 06:25 AM

Really, you think Peyton Manning couldn't have held down the starting job?

I just disagree with that. I think things would have settled down nicely.

The billboard was put up by a local business wanting attention, but you knew that.

Do you think the fans at the stadium were Tebow fans that will be gone, or isnt' it more likely those were Broncos ticket holders?

Just seems like everybody's transferring a bunch of internet furor to real life -- I just don't see how "the fans" have any ability to make trouble. The real pressure cooker for the last two years was that the team was losing its ass under Kyle Orton.

Jay3
05-25-2012, 06:27 AM
In Denver we're talking football now and don't have to deal with this mess:

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_20706458/kiszla-broncos-are-better-off-without-tim-tebow

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/25/sports/football/tim-tebow-is-less-smooth-than-mark-sanchez-in-jets-practice.html

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/tim-tebow-jets-ota/

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/lolo-jones-date-tim-tebow/137581

http://deadspin.com/5913209/snoop-dogg-tebowed-after-throwing-out-tonights-first-pitch-in-chicago

Now that it's okay to be honest about it, Mark Kiszla says the Broncos are better off sans Tebowmania, and do you see the position of that ball? Just, wow. Kiz observes that the chatter in Denver is about actual football rather than who's not dating whom. But since the Broncos' first OTA wrapped up on Wednesday, what else is there to talk about than young Teebs?

Timmy threw two picks when he should have checked down (sound familiar?) and worked as a punt protector yesterday during the open session of the Jets' OTA. After practice, the crisper Mark Sanchez conversed with Jets brass, while Tebow worked to maintain the polish on his image with the PR guy.

In other Tebow-related news, Olympian Lolo Jones says she still has her V card, prompting Timmy's Jets mates to suggest a potential love match; plus, Snoop Dogg Tebowed after throwing out the first pitch at Comiskey.
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/the-daily-lard-5-25-12

That's a hatchet job.

gunns
05-25-2012, 06:28 AM

As opposed to previous FO moves to bring in backup QB's based on their abilities to win one critical game late in the season, like Quinn, Ramsey, Kannell, Simms. I know I was particularly pleased with Tebow's win in that one critical game late in 2011, the one that would guarantee us a place in the playoffs instead of waiting to see what a rival team did.....oh wait....

Stagger Lee
05-25-2012, 06:28 AM
Still talking about the Jets backup are we?

Jay3
05-25-2012, 06:29 AM
Let them deal with the circus in NY.

Can someone share how "the circus" really impacted them, personally, in a meaningful way?

What is it? Are we talking internet?

RhymesayersDU
05-25-2012, 06:29 AM
Really, you think Peyton Manning couldn't have held down the starting job?

I just disagree with that. I think things would have settled down nicely.

The billboard was put up by a local business wanting attention, but you knew that.

Do you think the fans at the stadium were Tebow fans that will be gone, or isnt' it more likely those were Broncos ticket holders?

Just seems like everybody's transferring a bunch of internet furor to real life -- I just don't see how "the fans" have any ability to make trouble. The real pressure cooker for the last two years was that the team was losing its ass under Kyle Orton.

You're absolutely correct. And you put it correctly, it's the absurd notion of transferring this internet furor to real life. The fans in the stadium only wanted Tebow after it was abundantly clear Orton sucked. Anybody thinking that the chants would continue with Manning slinging the rock around either (1) doesn't go to games and/or (2) just likes to stir up trouble.